NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:*nibbles nose*

Torsi, I'm not sure where to go. The teleporters are Agy's gig, and I'm not sure how he has them set up. The village would be cool, but it takes us away from action.

Depending on what sort of action y'all are looking for, playing with the teleporter stuff could result in a fortuitous accident which teleports Marcus and Torsi to where Ascalon tour is. These things just happen, y'know? *nods*

That's true.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Holy Lykos
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1702
Founded: May 01, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Lykos » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Danceria wrote:*Sticks nose in*

Dance, you have stuff to reply to,

is Tsu still going on the venla mission? He's not posted for a bit.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life


I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Depending on what sort of action y'all are looking for, playing with the teleporter stuff could result in a fortuitous accident which teleports Marcus and Torsi to where Ascalon tour is. These things just happen, y'know? *nods*

That's true.


I'd be down for it.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Highfort
Minister
 
Posts: 2869
Founded: May 11, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Highfort » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Depending on what sort of action y'all are looking for, playing with the teleporter stuff could result in a fortuitous accident which teleports Marcus and Torsi to where Ascalon tour is. These things just happen, y'know? *nods*

That's true.


*mumbles* Something something magic technology.

But yeah, UA is very much open for people to poke around and explore in.
Inactive: shoot me a PM if you need anything

User avatar
Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17417
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Okay, I can definitely post today!
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.


I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:02 pm

No posts from me tonight, though I'll be online for a while longer.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3115
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:12 pm

No post from me tonight - possibly not tomorrow, either.
I'm drained, and RL stuff happens Thursdays. Rmwtyliin is sitting quietly and listening right now. Nick I may toss in a sentence or three for.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Touching bases:

Is SJ scratched? Do characters need a lift back?

Have any new players wandered away? It's difficult for me to gauge regarding slower moving stories. GM, heads up please.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Holy Lykos
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1702
Founded: May 01, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Cerillium wrote:Touching bases:

Is SJ scratched? Do characters need a lift back?

Have any new players wandered away? It's difficult for me to gauge regarding slower moving stories. GM, heads up please.

No idea, I think it is unless someone wants to take it up from torsi based on what she's said.

Not sure what's up with dance but he's yet to post for the scene in the dining room, I posted to keep things moving regardless.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life


I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:37 am

We'll put together a CoOP team and bring back the SJ players. Not fair to keep them out of other stories. Won't be tonight. I need to see who can handle it. I'll do it if the CoOPs are swamped with other things.

Dance has been active in several other RP. Play it as though his character isn't there. If he doesn't contribute, leave him behind.

Tora and Marcus are now in the dining room.

If Altito doesn't post, we'll make a short scene of it in Ascalon. Mostly description to establish the play area.
Last edited by Cerillium on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33937
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:59 am

Count me on team. *nods*
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Highfort
Minister
 
Posts: 2869
Founded: May 11, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Highfort » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:09 am

The Most Fair City of Urbem Ascalon

Worldbuilding by Highfort/Agymnum and Northwest Slobovia


What's this? Why, it's a world-building post! Ah-ah, don't scroll past this just yet. We've got fun, games, and a wealth of new locales to explore in the fine city of Urbem Ascalon (and accompanying ghettos and subsidized housing and industry)!

Below is a list of locales in Urbem Ascalon. The city is divided into districts, as can be seen on the new, updated city map. Each one has its own general theme, its own price range, and its own unique available spots to hang out, shop, and explore.

As a general note, Urbem Ascalon is meant to be a place where players can conduct light stories as well as do political intrigue. The political stuff will be firmly in the background acting as flavor if players choose to hang out for fun, and no one will be forced to do anything unpleasant if they don't want to. It's up to players and characters if they want to explore the layers beneath. So long as laws are obeyed and pleasantries observed, Urbem Ascalon will welcome any Resident of any stripe.


THE UPPERS is the entrance for Urbem Ascalon from the north, which is where the highways from the Burrows and the Building feed in. A depressed housing and commercial district, it features cheap eateries and pubs for the less-than-discerning palette. Most residents are outcasts from the main city, so anyone is welcome to pass the time provided they don't mind the smell or the lack of branded handbags.

General Political Background: Home turf of several poorer mob families and gangs (who provide many goods and services like alcohol, brothels, weapons, etc)

Price Range: Dirt Cheap: A good meal will cost you Rs 15, cab fare is around Rs 1.00 a mile, and booze flows freely at around Rs 2.50 a pint.

Available Transportation: Mob-run taxicab service, Uppers-Littles-Glasstown-Burrows city buses, car-friendly, pedestrian-friendly

Discrimination: Near Nil: As the majority of Uppers residents are unwelcome anywhere else, discrimination is generally not found here provided you are friendly to most everybody and keep out of people's business

Weapons Availability: Freely Available: Provided you pass inspection at the border checkpoint (don't piss off the guards and be nice), you can openly carry any weapons in the Uppers. Bringing things that are too flashy might attract the ire of the mobs, but they won't do anything if you don't shoot anyone.

Acceptable Currency: White, Black, and Barter: The official crypto-currency of Urbem Ascalon is welcome here, as are physical Demens runes. The mobs also pay and accept their own form of crypto-currency that's separate from the city, and bartering with goods like alcohol, weapons, or even food is not unheard-of in this part of town.

Notable Spots:

  • Judge's Palace: The fortress of the most powerful mob boss in the Uppers, the Judge sits as the Uppers' primary protector and legal arbitrator. He's available to listen and decide on any local disputes or to get missions from if you're low on money.

  • Kov's Junkyard: Run by the friendly if somewhat-eccentric mechanic Kov, the junkyard is where you can pawn off any cheap mechanical stuff you don't want and get your car fixed up for real cheap. It won't be pretty, but it'll be cheap. He also sells an assortment of junk weapons and armor he builds himself in his spare time.

  • Lumba's Emporium: The only place in the UA outside of the Main City where future-tech weapons and equipment is sold, expect stiff prices and for the convenience of not needing to shop in the main city or in the Outermark.

  • Uppers Market: Where Lumba's is located, the Uppers Market borders Glasstown and presents a wealth of shopping opportunities for those on a low budget. Clothing, supplies, weapons, food, drink, and even vehicles are available in the main shopping area. Adjacent to the shopping huts and shacks is the fueling station, a four block long space dedicated to fueling up all sorts of vehicles that pass through Urbem Ascalon - whether gasoline, diesel, electric, biofuel, coal, or even the odd hydrogen fuel cell.


GLASSTOWN is the small industrial district to the south of the Uppers. Some would call it an extension of the Uppers, and it shows, though it's not quite as embroiled in gang politics due to having its own elected government. Though poor, its artisans and workers take pride in producing much of the glass used around Urbem Ascalon and in Alessio. Though not much of a place to hang out, it does have its share of spots - notably, a huge public pool open to everybody.

General Political Background: Small-town vibe, run by a mayor and with a small city council that decides on matters pertaining to the residents who inhabit the homes above the glass shops.

Price Range: Dirt Cheap: A good meal will cost you Rs 15, cab fare is around Rs 1.00 a mile.
Addendum: Glass can range from cheap to VERY expensive, depending on what you want. The artisan-made pieces can go for up to Rs 2,000 depending on what you're looking for.

Available Transportation: Uppers-Littles-Glasstown-Burrows city buses, car-friendly, Glasstown Unionized Taxicab Service, NOT pedestrian-friendly (hazardous chemicals and fumes from glass production)

Discrimination: Fairly low: While many Glasstown residents are also outcasts of the Main City, they don't take kindly to people who are too haughty. Take care not to flash too many riches around Glasstown and be polite - they still haven't forgotten the government that kept them down.

Weapons Availability: Freely Available: As an extension of the Uppers, any weapons that make it past the border checkpoint there would be welcome here. Local police will not be happy if you go shooting anyone, as usual.

Acceptable Currency: White and Barter: The official crypto-currency of Urbem Ascalon is welcome here, as are physical Demens runes. There's no black market currency here, as the local government doesn't have the right tech specialists, but they do welcome bartering for goods.

Notable Spots:

  • Art Glass Street: A small neighborhood where all Glasstown's artisanal glassworkers live and work. They make everything from fancy wine-glasses for Ascalon's wealthy to stained-glass windows to purely decorative and artistic objects for display. All of these products are considered some of the finest in Galli.

  • The Carlos Maria Escudero Technical High School and College: Better known as Glasstown High and Glasstown U., the two schools making up this cluster of buildings provide vocational education and training for many of Ascalon's trades, not just glassmaking. Two-year associates degrees are offered; mainly, this would be of-interest to Residents seeking vocational training in job skills rather than a well-rounded college education.

  • Glasstown Park and Public Swimming Pool: The most notable attraction in Glasstown, it has a wooded area several blocks long, a few grassy sports fields, and the area's public pools. There's a pair of shallow kiddie pools; a large pool for general adult swimming; a long, narrow pool for lane swimming and racing; and a deep pool for high diving. The last two are indoors. The Park is in excellent shape, even by Main City standards, and both are fenced off from the rest of Glasstown, have a couple of rent-a-cops to maintain order, and are open from dawn to dusk year-round.


THE LITTLES represents the bridge between the Uppers and the Main City. Located geographically between the two, it features more upscale ethnic dining and shopping. The location of Nouveau Havre - the Francophone ethnic district - it also contains the UGA, the University of Gallimaufry - Ascalon. This is the largest college in the Urbem Ascalon area with full degrees in the arts, sciences, social sciences, and engineering. If your pocketbook isn't quite deep enough for the Main City but you're looking for something a little more exotic and discerning than the Uppers, the Littles might be more your style.

General Political Background: A coalition council made up of representatives from the various ethnic districts and from the student union at UGA runs things in the Littles. They're very friendly, but wary of those who would seek to subvert their way of life.

Price Range: Middling: A decent meal will go from Rs 25 - 50, and taxis charge Rs 1.75 a mile. You're looking at Rs 5.00 - 6.00 a pint for beer here.

Available Transportation: Littles Unionized Taxicab service, Uppers-Littles-Glasstown-Burrows city buses, Main-Littles city buses, NOT car-friendly (hard to find parking), pedestrian-friendly

Discrimination: Middling: Expect some to look down on you if you lack money, though depending on where you go many of the underground insurgents are charitable and willing to lend a hand to a fellow comrade. Also, expect a lot of tension if you brag about being from or having contacts in the Main City - no one likes them here, especially after what happened a few centuries ago. Old grudges die hard. Anglophones will find discrimination in Nouveau Havre, given the French background and bitterness toward the UK.

Weapons Availability: Somewhat Restricted: Open carry is not permitted in the Littles, and particularly exotic weapons like plasma guns will be confiscated and stored for the duration of one's visit. Displaying any weapon without provocation is grounds for a citation by local authorities - firing on someone without provocation is grounds for arrest.

Acceptable Currency: White and Black: The official crypto-currency of Urbem Ascalon is welcome here, as are physical Demens runes. Black market currency is run by the underground resisting Main City's influence and is also welcome here. No bartering is allowed in order to protect merchants and customers from abuse.

Notable Spots:

  • Le Joyau de la Bretagne: An acclaimed crêperie in Nouveau Havre, the Jewel of the Bretagne serves breakfast, brunch, and lunch until 3 PM in an upscale dining setting. Local fruits and sauces are available along with imported juices from Alessio to accompany your meal.

  • UGA Arts and Letters Library: Requires UGA ID for entry: Home to all the classics from on Earth and a few more exotic options from faraway worlds, the UGA Arts and Letters Library is an excellent spot on-campus for studying, research, or just a quiet chat. Overlooking the walkway and gardens, it's a restful and idyllic place.

  • UGA Natural Sciences Tower and Library: Requires UGA ID for entry: A research hub with network access and a library full of biomedical, physics, chemical, and engineering texts, the Natural Sciences Tower is a boon for anyone looking to brush up on the latest research done in UGA. Laboratory access is provided along with requisite access to free chemicals and other materials for experimentation purposes.



MAIN CITY is considered the crowning jewel of Urbem Ascalon. The city's southernmost portion, it represents the finest in shopping, dining, and entertainment that the UA has to offer. Populated mostly by middle-class workers and upper-crust socialites, the Main City offers everything one could want in an urban center - for a price. Costs are steep, the people are unforgiving, and the government is watchful for any slip-up. Manage to avoid all of that, and you'll find yourself planted deep within the heart of a metropolis that never sleeps and always aims to please.

General Political Background: A city council elected from among aristocratic mob families in the area runs Main City, along with a burgeoning bureaucracy headed by the appointed city comptroller and his associates.

Price Range: Expensive: A decent meal will go from Rs 50+, and taxis charge Rs 2.50 a mile. You're looking at Rs 7.00 a pint for beer here, and that's cheap.

Available Transportation: Main City Unionized Taxicab service, Main-Littles city buses, car-friendly, pedestrian-friendly

Discrimination: High: Fitting in is not optional. The socialites that occupy Downtown will openly insult you in a variety of witty ways if you choose to show up looking poor or disheveled. Workers will be more friendly, but they'll call the police if they suspect your intentions aren't pure, and everyone's prone to putting their nose in your business if you look suspicious. In other words, don't try anything slick here. Be on your best behavior, obey all the laws, and don't act like you sympathize with the Littles, Glasstown, or the Uppers. At least, don't do any of that in public.

Weapons Availability: Restricted: Open carry is not permitted in the Main City. Additionally, all weapons not chipped and registered in the city network will be confiscated and their user charged administration fees to get them converted to be street legal. Drawing a weapon in public without provocation is grounds for arrest. Doing so and attempting to fire on a civilian or law enforcement officer is grounds for lethal force. Anyone found with an unregistered weapon will also be subject to arrest, regardless if the weapon is drawn or not.

ADDENDUM: All weapons, phones, cars, and other electronic or mechanical devices in the Main City must be chipped and registered at all times. If you are found driving a car, using a phone, or possessing a weapon that is unchipped and/or unregistered, the offending device will be confiscated and you will be arrested. Chipped and registered devices can be overridden and shut down by the government or law enforcement if you are suspected of committing a crime and are resisting arrest.

Acceptable Currency: White: The official crypto-currency of Urbem Ascalon is welcome here. Demens runes are accepted by some establishments, but others will insist on an account. No black market currency is acceptable and no bartering is allowed.

Notable Spots:

  • Khan's: Upscale bar and nightclub with rotating themes every weekend. Khan's is the crown of the downtown nightlife scene. Access requires contacts with someone already on the white-list. There's a stiff entrance fee - Rs 500 - but you get free drinks and snacks for the whole night and access to the dance floor and the stage (when there isn't someone booked to play that hour).

  • Demens' Plaza: A beach-side square in the middle of Downtown, Demens' Plaza is known for being the hub where local musical talent that can't get a gig at Khan's shows off. Additionally, fireworks shows play on holidays and there's a light/hologram show that plays every night set to music.

  • Refract Jewelers and Galleries: A jewelry shop and art gallery located within a Downtown high-rise, Refract sells to the discerning buyer with expensive taste. There are two different art gallery levels - the lower for cheaper art and the higher for masterpieces - and a jewelry level that also offers temporary tattoos with purchase.




MORE TO COME
Last edited by Highfort on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inactive: shoot me a PM if you need anything

User avatar
Saldinado
Minister
 
Posts: 2848
Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saldinado » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:27 am

Don't know why I'm going it at 3 in the morning, but I got it.

#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION



PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Henry Lawson

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Age:18

Appearance: Henry stands at 5'9 and weighs about 126 pounds. He has dark black hair and purplish-blue or lilac eyes. He has a otter-type body, which means that he's got the body of a swimmer (slim and muscular), with some hair on his body; most noticeably on his chest and arms. He wears large-rimmed or "nerdy" glasses as his friends call them but due to being harassed by people for them, he only wears them when he needs to see something far away or when reading. He has a ear piercing on the left side of his ear most of the time, but will occasionally remove it. He mostly wears colorful t-shirts with jackets, blue jeans, and sneakers and beanie, but will occasionally wear something more "formal" like a polo or shirt-sleeve dress shirt, cargo or boat shorts with boat shoes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Here's Henry

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) After the economic crash and the lost of his family's money, Henry was bullied because people thought that he was a spoiled little brat that was only defined by his family's economic and social status. Now, he wants to prove to everyone that he can live a normal life without the money and that he is actually a normal human being that isn't defined by his past or his bloodline, but by his character and hardwork.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) He's quite knowledge hungry and after everything that he went through, has developed cynicism . He wants to observe, learn, and know as many things that he can that will help him understand himself as a human being that could be used to guide him on his path in life either musically, culinary, or scientifically as well as try to find a way to break free of his cynical ways and see a silver lining in the clouds. And also come to terms with the fact that he will most likely never see his friend again.


MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here:
.Has a driver's license; can drive.
.Is fluent in both French and Spanish
.Can play the piano and saxophone
.Chef-levels of cooking.
.Can write poetry
.Has both book or academics smarts and street smarts
.Can play sports (soccer, hockey, and volleyball)
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Charisma/Charming: 2 points
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Gambling; Gambler: 1 points
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Virtuoso: 2 point
Ability 4 and Points Spent: Cooking: 3

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
He has no magical or supernatural abilities or objects. Just a regular ol' human.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: His parents has sent him to some of the best schools that they can afford for him for the past 12 years of his life. But when they went bankrupt, they had to switch him into public school. Even though that they weren't the greatest schools, Henry was still one of the best students. He excelled in most of his grades up until he was in high school, especially in science (particularly chemistry and biology), music, and foreign languages giving him a scholarship to a college to study animal science and biology.
Character Background/Biography:
Born in the great hipster city of Austin, Texas, Henry Lawson's parents were some of the wealthiest people in the state, both being real estate tycoons throughout Texas. For the past 12 years of his life, he and his family, which consisted of his mother, father, and older brother, and dog were living the dream. He went to some of the best schools in the city and made lots of friends with the local elites' children. Everyone was happy and enjoying life. At a young age, Henry was a musical prodigy, learning how to play the piano at 3 and the saxophone at 7. His parents have taught him some of the things that they learned in real estate and business at the age of 10 when he fully understood the concept of it. They thought that by doing that, that Henry will follow in their footsteps and carry on the real estate empire they build.

Since a young age, Henry always loved animals and dinosaurs and his dream was to work with them. He could name almost animal or dinosaur that he saw and what they ate, lived, and almost everything that you can think of due to the large amounts of time reading books about them and going to museums of science and natural history.

While in private school up until the age of 12, Henry was not the social butterfly and only had a close of friends, one of which he had grew real close to as they were friends since they were both 3. His name was Daniel and those two were inseparable. They both liked the same things, played instrument, and were rich. You could say that they were basically brothers. However, Henry thought of Daniel of more than of friend and so did Daniel. They both hoped to become more than friends.

But all that soon came to an end. There was a large economic crash in Texas, resulting in the housing prices to fall drastically and people to move out, which resulted in the Lawson family to lose nearly lose their billion dollar empire and even file for bankrupt. This was a sudden and drastic effect of the crash was that they family had to sell their house, land, and all their belongings. And with that, Henry and Daniel were separated. His parents were forced to get minimum-waged jobs and Henry and his brother were forced to go from the award-winning private schools to the average public school at the age of 13, something that was basically hell to them due to the amount of bullying and harassment that both his private and public school friends due to his sudden economic class change. And without Daniel by his side, Henry used music as a coping mechanism for his pain and despair.

As time passed, Henry gotten use to his change. He excelled in school and was the number one student in every class and grade up until he went to high school. From there, his relationship with Daniel started to grow further and further as he started to make friends and gradually forget about him. But he didn't completely forget about him. He still misses him and always wonders where he is. When Henry graduated high school as valedictorian, he was awarded with a scholarship to one of the best colleges in the country for animal science and biology. His dream to work with animals were starting to become a reality. Now, he's studying to become a zoologist and with that in mind, hopes to prove that he can make it without the help of his family or selling and buying houses. All the while fulfilling that goal, he still continues to wonder and look for his friend Daniel. He doesn't really know where he is, but he will not stop until he found him and tells how he feels.

Currently, Henry is taking a break from his studies and is travelling the world with the money he saved from working before the crash and when he was working while in school. He has about a year before he goes back to school, so he's taking this advantage by the hands and not letting go. The sights, smells, and tastes of the this unknown and mysterious land will hopefully be a one-in-a-lifetime experience.
OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like)
Layout of apartment
Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
Here you go
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Henry Lawson
Brief Description: Everything that you want in friend, Henry has it- Charisma, a good sense of humor, easily able to get along with and many more, he has the potential to woo and befriend everyone. However, he's not really the social butterfly as he seems, so most likely, someone else will have to make the first move in order to befriend him; along with not bore him with small talk or irrelevant things. A avid animal and science lover, talking about that will almost automatically be a winner for him; good luck getting him to shut up about it once you get him started. Secretly, behind this nerdy-like and timid demeanor is a party animal that likes to drink, gamble, and have fun; if you known what I mean. Only true friends know this part of him and love it. But even though he does all that, he's still looking for someone and is determined to find out what happened to them.

If there's anything that needs to be changed or improved, let me know.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn


I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:36 am

Saldinado wrote:Don't know why I'm going it at 3 in the morning, but I got it.

#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION



PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Henry Lawson

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Age:18

Appearance: Henry stands at 5'9 and weighs about 126 pounds. He has dark black hair and purplish-blue or lilac eyes. He has a otter-type body, which means that he's got the body of a swimmer (slim and muscular), with some hair on his body; most noticeably on his chest and arms. He wears large-rimmed or "nerdy" glasses as his friends call them but due to being harassed by people for them, he only wears them when he needs to see something far away or when reading. He has a ear piercing on the left side of his ear most of the time, but will occasionally remove it. He mostly wears colorful t-shirts with jackets, blue jeans, and sneakers and beanie, but will occasionally wear something more "formal" like a polo or shirt-sleeve dress shirt, cargo or boat shorts with boat shoes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Here's Henry

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) After the economic crash and the lost of his family's money, Henry was bullied because people thought that he was a spoiled little brat that was only defined by his family's economic and social status. Now, he wants to prove to everyone that he can live a normal life without the money and that he is actually a normal human being that isn't defined by his past or his bloodline, but by his character and hardwork.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) He's quite knowledge hungry and after everything that he went through, has developed cynicism . He wants to observe, learn, and know as many things that he can that will help him understand himself as a human being that could be used to guide him on his path in life either musically, culinary, or scientifically as well as try to find a way to break free of his cynical ways and see a silver lining in the clouds. And also come to terms with the fact that he will most likely never see his friend again.


MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here:
.Has a driver's license; can drive.
.Is fluent in both French and Spanish
.Can play the piano and saxophone
.Chef-levels of cooking.
.Can write poetry
.Has both book or academics smarts and street smarts
.Can play sports (soccer, hockey, and volleyball)
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Charisma/Charming: 2 points
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Gambling; Gambler: 1 points
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Virtuoso: 2 point
Ability 4 and Points Spent: Cooking: 3

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
He has no magical or supernatural abilities or objects. Just a regular ol' human.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: His parents has sent him to some of the best schools that they can afford for him for the past 12 years of his life. But when they went bankrupt, they had to switch him into public school. Even though that they weren't the greatest schools, Henry was still one of the best students. He excelled in most of his grades up until he was in high school, especially in science (particularly chemistry and biology), music, and foreign languages giving him a scholarship to a college to study animal science and biology.
Character Background/Biography:
Born in the great hipster city of Austin, Texas, Henry Lawson's parents were some of the wealthiest people in the state, both being real estate tycoons throughout Texas. For the past 12 years of his life, he and his family, which consisted of his mother, father, and older brother, and dog were living the dream. He went to some of the best schools in the city and made lots of friends with the local elites' children. Everyone was happy and enjoying life. At a young age, Henry was a musical prodigy, learning how to play the piano at 3 and the saxophone at 7. His parents have taught him some of the things that they learned in real estate and business at the age of 10 when he fully understood the concept of it. They thought that by doing that, that Henry will follow in their footsteps and carry on the real estate empire they build.

Since a young age, Henry always loved animals and dinosaurs and his dream was to work with them. He could name almost animal or dinosaur that he saw and what they ate, lived, and almost everything that you can think of due to the large amounts of time reading books about them and going to museums of science and natural history.

While in private school up until the age of 12, Henry was not the social butterfly and only had a close of friends, one of which he had grew real close to as they were friends since they were both 3. His name was Daniel and those two were inseparable. They both liked the same things, played instrument, and were rich. You could say that they were basically brothers. However, Henry thought of Daniel of more than of friend and so did Daniel. They both hoped to become more than friends.

But all that soon came to an end. There was a large economic crash in Texas, resulting in the housing prices to fall drastically and people to move out, which resulted in the Lawson family to lose nearly lose their billion dollar empire and even file for bankrupt. This was a sudden and drastic effect of the crash was that they family had to sell their house, land, and all their belongings. And with that, Henry and Daniel were separated. His parents were forced to get minimum-waged jobs and Henry and his brother were forced to go from the award-winning private schools to the average public school at the age of 13, something that was basically hell to them due to the amount of bullying and harassment that both his private and public school friends due to his sudden economic class change. And without Daniel by his side, Henry used music as a coping mechanism for his pain and despair.

As time passed, Henry gotten use to his change. He excelled in school and was the number one student in every class and grade up until he went to high school. From there, his relationship with Daniel started to grow further and further as he started to make friends and gradually forget about him. But he didn't completely forget about him. He still misses him and always wonders where he is. When Henry graduated high school as valedictorian, he was awarded with a scholarship to one of the best colleges in the country for animal science and biology. His dream to work with animals were starting to become a reality. Now, he's studying to become a zoologist and with that in mind, hopes to prove that he can make it without the help of his family or selling and buying houses. All the while fulfilling that goal, he still continues to wonder and look for his friend Daniel. He doesn't really know where he is, but he will not stop until he found him and tells how he feels.

Currently, Henry is taking a break from his studies and is travelling the world with the money he saved from working before the crash and when he was working while in school. He has about a year before he goes back to school, so he's taking this advantage by the hands and not letting go. The sights, smells, and tastes of the this unknown and mysterious land will hopefully be a one-in-a-lifetime experience.
OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like)
Layout of apartment
Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
Here you go
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Henry Lawson
Brief Description: Everything that you want in friend, Henry has it- Charisma, a good sense of humor, easily able to get along with and many more, he has the potential to woo and befriend everyone. However, he's not really the social butterfly as he seems, so most likely, someone else will have to make the first move in order to befriend him; along with not bore him with small talk or irrelevant things. A avid animal and science lover, talking about that will almost automatically be a winner for him; good luck getting him to shut up about it once you get him started. Secretly, behind this nerdy-like and timid demeanor is a party animal that likes to drink, gamble, and have fun; if you known what I mean. Only true friends know this part of him and love it. But even though he does all that, he's still looking for someone and is determined to find out what happened to them.

If there's anything that needs to be changed or improved, let me know.


Approved. We can tuck you into an Ascalon story, or else tuck you into the Venla story. I'll let the people running them explain.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:36 am

Also, will add tab again in the morning. Been up too long. Need some sleep.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Chedastan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5626
Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:48 am

Oh look at that it's my birthday today. :P
adhouse
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

User avatar
Altito Asmoro
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33371
Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:53 am

Chedastan wrote:Oh look at that it's my birthday today. :P


Happy Birthday ched. :D
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:59 am

Glassworks for Torii, Littles or Katya, and the Uppers for my others. Got it ^^

I'm sorry about SJ. I know I should've tried harder. I didn't want to disappoint you, Carly, NA, but I just couldn't find the words or drive. I was about to get somewhere, too.

I just stalled, got frustrated, and out went all my drive and all my ideas, and I couldn't recover from it.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Stormwrath
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6874
Founded: Feb 08, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:06 am

Chedastan wrote:Oh look at that it's my birthday today. :P

Well I be damned.

Happy Birthday, Ched!

User avatar
Fraire
Minister
 
Posts: 2110
Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fraire » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 am

So apparently, Nathan Baker is a famous soccer player, a crooked cop, and a photographer. It's also one of my many aliases.

P.S. Happy birthdayday Cheddarstan
Last edited by Fraire on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11751
Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:00 am

Chedastan wrote:Oh look at that it's my birthday today. :P

So, what's it like being 14? I don't really remember. :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

User avatar
Saldinado
Minister
 
Posts: 2848
Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saldinado » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:01 am

Chedastan wrote:Oh look at that it's my birthday today. :P

Happy birthday stranger. I really don't know you.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn


I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33937
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:54 am

Chedastan wrote:Oh look at that it's my birthday today. :P


:P
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:57 am

Happy Birthday Ched!!!
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Holy Lykos
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1702
Founded: May 01, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life


I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Breyburg, Deutschess Kaiserreich, Google [Bot], Imperii Ecclesia, Kingdom of Irhk, Ralnis, Segmentia, The Fascist Waffle Empire, The Holy Athonite State, The Surge Empire

Advertisement

Remove ads