NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat May 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Monfrox wrote:But...what is early anymore? My sense of time is shot. Like...really shot...okay I'll just go to bed.

Miller Time.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Monfrox wrote:But...what is early anymore? My sense of time is shot. Like...really shot...okay I'll just go to bed.

Miller Time.

My sense of days is shot as well. Maybe because my calendar has no 7's...
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Julia Harker

Character Gender: Female

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Appearance: English, 176 cm.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Julia Harker

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.)To her, Gallimaufry is a strange new world. Not quite fit in, despite not having "typical nice girl" personality. She drives to make her fit in the society as well as, somehow, try to make use of her learned skills in practice for the better of the world. If possible.

Prior to arriving on the world, she wants to figure out how to live in this new world, and how to use her skills in this new world.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) Fit in the society in Gallimaufry.

MUNDANE SKILLS
List Mundane skills here:
-Basic Marksmanship
-Drive a car
-Speaking English and Afrikaans
-Cooking
-Housekeeping
-Charismatic

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS

Ability 1 and Points Spent: Piloting helicopter/rotary (3)
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Basic Baritsu (2)
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Businesswoman (1)
Ability 4 and Points Spent: First Aid (1)

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite, so Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed in the character's description, however.
Ability 1: Extreme Agility (years of piloting really useful you know)
Power Level: 4
Strengths:
-Extreme Dexterity - Better fighting ability, landing planes safely and faster, controlling herself in fight. Being faster, of course.
Weaknesses:
-15 minutes of use, and then need to recharge for about 45 minutes.
Restrictions:
-Dodging machine guns is impossible, landing planes in a shaky area is impossible.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
- RAF's Guide of Piloting = Piloting manual guide, for advanced and basic piloting
-A loaded Beretta.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: 5 years of service in RAF and University of Liverpool's Business Degree from the School of Management
Character Background/Biography:

Born in Leicester, Jennifer is the only daughter in a family of military, with 4 older brothers so it is safe to say that she was born with a very disciplined but loving family. Most of her family members, except for her mother, approved of her decision to joined the military. She graduated from college with a degree in Business, though it was mostly just for alternative choice in case she was refused to joined, which was not happened, thankfully.

Known for her connections mostly, nevertheless she rose up to the ranks of Sergeant and was quite known for her skills in piloting, mostly helicopter and few aircraft roles, though mostly applied in piloting. Beside piloting, she learned other military training, like marksmanship and combat training.

Her service ended when on 2009, she was involved in an affair with a Colonel in an attempt to rose up ranks, finally showing her darker side of personality, ambitious and reckless, probably because she felt inferior in her ranks with her brothers. Dishonorably discharged, she retreated to South Africa where she worked for a local PMC as pilot for transportation and rescue, most of the time.

How she ended up here? One time, she was stuck in a storm while riding in her helicopter. Next thing she knew, she was in the planet, with the book and a loaded handgun.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) Minimalistic
Link to RP examples:Three Dividing Ideologies

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Brief Description: A former British RAF pilot and not your typical "sweet nice gentle girl".

Alright Cer, I updated the primary goals and the specialized skills and talents and optional supernatural. I hope it is fine.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Alright. Also, the RP samples is fine despite not in past tense, Cer? I mean I have the ones in past-tense, but not...as long as this one.

Sample is fine.

The things I look for in PL IC posts:
1. Past tense.
2. An attempt at good grammar.
3. More than three lines (there's an exception to this if it involves comedy).
4. Space between paragraphs.
5. No colored fonts or odd formatting for dialog (unless it's italicized to depict telepathy) and no asterisk play.
6. Spoiler quoted posts, or don't include them in your post at all. You can look at the IC to get a feel for that.

Basic stuff.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Alright. Also, the RP samples is fine despite not in past tense, Cer? I mean I have the ones in past-tense, but not...as long as this one.

Sample is fine.

The things I look for in PL IC posts:
1. Past tense.
2. An attempt at good grammar.
3. More than three lines (there's an exception to this if it involves comedy).
4. Space between paragraphs.
5. No colored fonts or odd formatting for dialog (unless it's italicized to depict telepathy) and no asterisk play.
6. Spoiler quoted posts, or don't include them in your post at all. You can look at the IC to get a feel for that.

Basic stuff.

1. Okay
2. I can try to be good, improving significantly over the years too
3. Yep
4. Yep
5. Yep
6. This one is gonna be hard, not really familiar. I can try.

So...am I accepted, Cer?
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat May 28, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat May 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.)To her, Gallimaufry is a strange new world. Not quite fit in, despite not having "typical nice girl" personality. She drives to make her fit in the society as well as, somehow, try to make use of her learned skills in practice for the better of the world. If possible.

Prior to arriving on the world, she wants to figure out how to live in this new world, and how to use her skills in this new world.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) Fit in the society in Gallimaufry.

MUNDANE SKILLS
-Basic Marksmanship
-Drive a car
-Cooking
-Housekeeping
-Charismatic

You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite, so Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed in the character's description, however.
Strengths:
-Extreme Dexterity - Better fighting ability, landing planes safely and faster, controlling herself in fight. Being faster, of course.
Weaknesses:
Restrictions:
-Dodging machine guns is impossible, landing planes in a shaky area is impossible.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
- RAF's Guide of Piloting = Piloting manual guide, for advanced and basic piloting
-A loaded Beretta.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: 5 years of service in RAF and University of Liverpool's Business Degree from the School of Management

Born in Leicester, Jennifer is the only daughter in a family of military, with 4 older brothers so it is safe to say that she was born with a very disciplined but loving family. Most of her family members, except for her mother, approved of her decision to joined the military. She graduated from college with a degree in Business, though it was mostly just for alternative choice in case she was refused to joined, which was not happened, thankfully.

Known for her connections mostly, nevertheless she rose up to the ranks of Sergeant and was quite known for her skills in piloting, mostly helicopter and few aircraft roles, though mostly applied in piloting. Beside piloting, she learned other military training, like marksmanship and combat training.

Her service ended when on 2009, she was involved in an affair with a Colonel in an attempt to rose up ranks, finally showing her darker side of personality, ambitious and reckless, probably because she felt inferior in her ranks with her brothers. Dishonorably discharged, she retreated to South Africa where she worked for a local PMC as pilot for transportation and rescue, most of the time.

How she ended up here? One time, she was stuck in a storm while riding in her helicopter. Next thing she knew, she was in the planet, with the book and a loaded handgun.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) Minimalistic

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Brief Description: A former British RAF pilot and not your typical "sweet nice gentle girl".

Accepted.

We'll need to scramble a team to retrieve her, so please don't post for her yet.

Julia Harker
former British RAF pilot and not your typical "sweet nice gentle girl"...details.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

MUNDANE SKILLS
-Basic Marksmanship
-Drive a car
-Cooking
-Housekeeping
-Charismatic

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Restrictions:

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
-A loaded Beretta.

BACKGROUND

OTHER GAME MECHANICS

IMPORTANT:

Accepted.

We'll need to scramble a team to retrieve her, so please don't post for her yet.

Julia Harker
former British RAF pilot and not your typical "sweet nice gentle girl"...details.

Okay. Thanks Cer.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat May 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Put together a quick team to get Altito's character in. Picked the flyer, the strong, the Force user, and the Time maiden.

Altito, give them time to work out things IC. It might take a day or two depending on everyone's personal schedules.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun May 29, 2016 2:54 am

Cerillium wrote:Put together a quick team to get Altito's character in. Picked the flyer, the strong, the Force user, and the Time maiden.

Altito, give them time to work out things IC. It might take a day or two depending on everyone's personal schedules.

No hurry Cer. :)
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun May 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Time for a little app renovation, eh?

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Katya Lilya Dimitov

Appearance: Katya is just slightly taller than her little sister, and is also a bit thinner. She has a lithe build, very graceful; a flat chest, small shoulders, a sharp face, and silky hair that splits out into a tuft here and there, giving just the right amount of mess to what could otherwise be flawlessly straight hair - in short, Katya represents the modern Torsiedellie ideal. She dresses well, but not formally, perse. She fancies a blazer or light coat on top of a plain white shirt and short skirt. Accesories include her signature black tie, and occasionally a silver tie clip and/or gloves. She finishes off with white socks and leather shoes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: That smug-ass face, m8

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) Katya isn't a bad fighter, but she isn't noticeable in her efforts, at least not as much as her peers. She isn't much of a fighter anyways, and her lack of experience with manual labor puts her out of anything that isn't related to planning and talking. Katya is actually quite withdrawn, and beneath her chipper personality and somewhat overdone arrogant attitude is a sea of insecurities and feelings of being useless. Katya wants to rectify past mistakes and move forward, and stop being as useless as the thinks she is, assisting with diplomacy and planning, and maybe a bit of action on the side.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) Katya loves music, having played the piano and violin since a young age, and wants to take part in helping entertain others with her music.
- She also wants to improve her reputation as a diplomat, and learn from those around her.
- Finally, Katya feels left out and disconnected from the world around her; she wants to integrate herself with the other adults, and fit in better with the younger teens who her sister is friends with. At her age, and with her skillset, Katya feels like she doesn't fit in just right.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here: Musical talent/violin & piano
- Swordfighting/fencing with rapiers
- Acting
- Basic business and diplomacy; speaking and appealing to emotion, managing some business.
- Driving small automobiles
- speaking English and Russian, some German

These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Swordfighting (rapiers) - 4
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Arts (Music & Acting) - 3

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List: Her classical violin
An old leather book on her home country, which she received from Thriller after her original copy was destroyed.
Her grandfather's uniform and items from his service in the SS in WWII.
A personal laptop that she uses for unknown reasons.
A Japanese yukata from her old boyfriend

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Katya attended elementary school and early studies as a toddler, and attended a local middle school in her home city, where she was considered a gifted student. In highschool, she attended a prestigious private academy, where she specialized in the arts, history, and world studies. Katya became annoyed with life later in her schooling, and decided to travel abroad rather than attend the famous Rostov University when she was eighteen, much to her mother's dismay.
Character Background/Biography: Katya was born to Lilya and Peter Dimitrov on March 19th, 1994, in Stavropol, Torsiedelle. Her family, quite stable at the time, as far as she could tell, had recently established themselves in the city, where her mother had entered the business world while her father, always humble and eager to get away from the city, found a calling in mechanics, construction, and various side projects where he could get his hands dirty.

Before her third birthday, her parents' relationship seemed to have taken a bad turn. Between diverging paths in life, and quarrels over her younger sister, who was close to being born, things looked bleak for her parents' marriage. Katya didn't understand any of it at the time, and didn't bother to ask with her inquisitive mind. She simply remembered that one day her sister was born, and a few days after their divorce, her dad and sister disappeared.

Growing up, Katya would hate her father, who she never met until she was ninteen. Katya was very much influenced by her mother, and not always for the better; Katya had large expectations placed on her, and was pushed to excel in all she did. While she did excel, often because she did enjoy what she did, she still found ways the disappoint her every cynical mother. Doing well in school, excelling at her musical studies, none of it seemed to please the businesswoman, who had no interest in the world or arts like her daughter did. In her adolescence and teenage years, they argued often, and it was not only once or twice that Katya had felt her mothers hand across her face. On top of her rocky home life, her school life was cautiously good at best, with her only having a handful of close friends. Despite it all, however, Katya remained positive and confident.

Upon her highschool graduation, her mother expected the girl to go into business and attend Rostov University, but Katya simply couldn't accept that life. Being old enough to see the world on her own, Katya left and went across Europe to study and pursue her own passions. The next four years would be fantastic experiences. Discovering a fantastic city where the weird and wonderful thrived, meeting her estranged sister (though it took her a while to accept her sexuality), and finding a niche for herself all helped her build her self-esteem, as fragile as it was. She couldn't have asked for a more fulfilling life....well, she could. She still had much to work on.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) The layout allows decent moving room, while still feeling nice and homey for the sisters. Entering the room, guests will find a cozy conversation pit, which sits a foot or two lower than the rest of the apartment, with a soft couch/seats running along the sides, and a small wall/barrier marking the edges. In the left corner facing the door, the barrier makes way for a free space, upon which a few candles and colorful stones are rested. Two small steps lead the way where the half-wall opens up into the rest of the main room. The sisters' large bed sits in the middle, with a wooden frame over it. To the nearest side, the sisters keep most of their belongings. In front of the TV is the dresser, with a TV and several drawers for different items. Next to the bed sits a small table and chair, with two windows on either side of the bed. At the other end of the room, blue carpet makes way for clean tiles as a kitchen area takes up the wall. A smooth, white counter runs along one wall and partially separates the living area and kitchen, with an oven and refrigerator sitting along the wall; cabinets also run above the counter on the wall, but stop as it separates the room. Along the wall in the tiled section as well, the bathroom opens up, as well as a small closet for the washing machine & dryer. An extra bedroom with a bed and three shelves completes the apartment.
Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
Character Name: Katya Dimitrov
Brief Description: Katya is a diva; she's smart, beautiful, and fiery, though beneath her exterior is a fragile girl. She enjoys art and music, and fancies herself a young Bohemian, though still proper and ever the mature young adult. She lives with her younger sister, Tora, and is the head of their two-person household. She can be a bit ditzy and ramble as she speaks, but she always corrects herself and strives to maintain her image as a fanciful woman. To her, femininity is the most important aspect of any woman, though not at all a sign of weakness or inferiority; after all, women in Torsiedelle have always held considerable power.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun May 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Primmers, if the language thing doesn't work, or if it will cause any problems for Aegis, I can change it up to Latin. Let me know.

No Aklo is absolutely perfect.
Sent you a TG about Insidious getting involved in Minerva's thing.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun May 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Time for a little app renovation, eh?

#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Katya Lilya Dimitov

Appearance: Katya is just slightly taller than her little sister, and is also a bit thinner. She has a lithe build, very graceful; a flat chest, small shoulders, a sharp face, and silky hair that splits out into a tuft here and their, giving just the right amount of mess to what could otherwise be flawlessly straight hair - in short, Katya represents the modern Torsiedellie ideal. She dresses well, but not formally, perse. She fancies a blazer or light coat on top of a plain white shirt and short skirt. Accesories include her signature black tie, and occasionally a silver tie clip and/or gloves. She finishes off with white socks and leather shoes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: That smug-ass face, m8

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) Katya isn't a bad fighter, but she isn't noticeable in her efforts, at least not as much as her peers. She isn't much of a fighter anyways, and her lack of experience with manual labor puts her out of anything that isn't related to planning and talking. Katya is actually quite withdrawn, and beneath her chipper personality and somewhat overdone arrogant attitude is a sea of insecurities and feelings of being useless. Katya wants to rectify past mistakes and move forward, and stop being as useless as the thinks she is, assisting with diplomacy and planning, and maybe a bit of action on the side.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) Katya loves music, having played the piano and violin since a young age, and wants to take part in helping entertain others with her music.
- She also wants to improve her reputation as a diplomat, and learn from those around her.
- Finally, Katya feels left out and disconnected from the world around her; she wants to integrate herself with the other adults, and fit in better with the younger teens who her sister is friends with. At her age, and with her skillset, Katya feels like she doesn't fit in just right.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here: Musical talent/violin & piano
- Swordfighting/fencing with rapiers
- Acting
- Basic business and diplomacy; speaking and appealing to emotion, managing some business.
- Driving small automobiles
- speaking English and Russian, some German

These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Swordfighting (rapiers) - 4
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Arts (Music & Acting) - 3

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List: Her classical violin
An old leather book on her home country, which she received from Thriller after her original copy was destroyed.
Her grandfather's uniform and items from his service in the SS in WWII.
A personal laptop that she uses for unknown reasons.
A Japanese yukata from her old boyfriend

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Katya attended elementary school and early studies as a toddler, and attended a local middle school in her home city, where she was considered a gifted student. In highschool, she attended a prestigious private academy, where she specialized in the arts, history, and world studies. Katya became annoyed with life later in her schooling, and decided to travel abroad rather than attend the famous Rostov University when she was eighteen, much to her mother's dismay.
Character Background/Biography: Katya was born to Lilya and Peter Dimitrov on March 19th, 1994, in Stavropol, Torsiedelle. Her family, quite stable at the time, as far as she could tell, had recently established themselves in the city, where her mother had entered the business world while her father, always humble and eager to get away from the city, found a calling in mechanics, construction, and various side projects where he could get his hands dirty.

Before her third birthday, her parents' relationship seemed to have taken a bad turn. Between diverging paths in life, and quarrels over her younger sister, who was close to being born, things looked bleak for her parents' marriage. Katya didn't understand any of it at the time, and didn't bother to ask with her inquisitive mind. She simply remembered that one day her sister was born, and a few days after their divorce, her dad and sister disappeared.

Growing up, Katya would hate her father, who she never met until she was ninteen. Katya was very much influenced by her mother, and not always for the better; Katya had large expectations placed on her, and was pushed to excel in all she did. While she did excel, often because she did enjoy what she did, she still found ways the disappoint her every cynical mother. Doing well in school, excelling at her musical studies, none of it seemed to please the businesswoman, who had no interest in the world or arts like her daughter did. In her adolescence and teenage years, they argued often, and it was not only once or twice that Katya had felt her mothers hand across her face. On top of her rocky home life, her school life was cautiously good at best, with her only having a handful of close friends. Despite it all, however, Katya remained positive and confident.

Upon her highschool graduation, her mother expected the girl to go into business and attend Rostov University, but Katya simply couldn't accept that life. Being old enough to see the world on her own, Katya left and went across Europe to study and pursue her own passions. The next four years would be fantastic experiences. Discovering a fantastic city where the weird and wonderful thrived, meeting her estranged sister (though it took her a while to accept her sexuality), and finding a niche for herself all helped her build her self-esteem, as fragile as it was. She couldn't have asked for a more fulfilling life....well, she could. She still had much to work on.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) The layout allows decent moving room, while still feeling nice and homey for the sisters. Entering the room, guests will find a cozy conversation pit, which sits a foot or two lower than the rest of the apartment, with a soft couch/seats running along the sides, and a small wall/barrier marking the edges. In the left corner facing the door, the barrier makes way for a free space, upon which a few candles and colorful stones are rested. Two small steps lead the way where the half-wall opens up into the rest of the main room. The sisters' large bed sits in the middle, with a wooden frame over it. To the nearest side, the sisters keep most of their belongings. In front of the TV is the dresser, with a TV and several drawers for different items. Next to the bed sits a small table and chair, with two windows on either side of the bed. At the other end of the room, blue carpet makes way for clean tiles as a kitchen area takes up the wall. A smooth, white counter runs along one wall and partially separates the living area and kitchen, with an oven and refrigerator sitting along the wall; cabinets also run above the counter on the wall, but stop as it separates the room. Along the wall in the tiled section as well, the bathroom opens up, as well as a small closet for the washing machine & dryer. An extra bedroom with a bed and three shelves completes the apartment.
Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
Character Name: Katya Dimitrov
Brief Description: Katya is a diva; she's smart, beautiful, and fiery, though beneath her exterior is a fragile girl. She enjoys art and music, and fancies herself a young Bohemian, though still proper and ever the mature young adult. She lives with her younger sister, Tora, and is the head of their two-person household. She can be a bit ditzy and ramble as she speaks, but she always corrects herself and strives to maintain her image as a fanciful woman. To her, femininity is the most important aspect of any woman, though not at all a sign of weakness or inferiority; after all, women in Torsiedelle have always held considerable power.

Nice!

I updated your tab to reflect the changes and new post link.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun May 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Thanks.

I've been feeling really unmotivated the last few hours. Luckily, I got her app redone just in time.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 29, 2016 6:06 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Giovenith wrote:

Perfect encapsulation of my reaction too, damn the feels.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun May 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Giovenith wrote:

I was actually more upset over the plight of poor Chicken. Well, the other young ponies, too. But Chicken was a total innocent. Image
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

I was actually more upset over the plight of poor Chicken. Well, the other young ponies, too. But Chicken was a total innocent. Image

she/her

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun May 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Giovenith wrote:

Exactly!
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Exactly!

You would not like the anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. The writer routinely uses dogs to show how evil people are, usually by them dying in horrific ways. The first antagonist is literally introduced by him like kicking a dog across a yard.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun May 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Let's not... the thought of anyone doing that makes me physically ill. :(

Gio, I don't know if I should wait to see if Bran's going to post, or if I should reply in his stead. I'll give him a day.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Sun May 29, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Miss Swithy has had quite enough Kick the Dog for one day.

Ja, we can give him a chance.
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Giovenith wrote:Miss Swithy has had quite enough Kick the Dog for one day.

Ja, we can give him a chance.

Kick the dog sucks. Why must we torture our best friend as a species!
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Mon May 30, 2016 1:40 am

Sorry for the late post guys! I've been busy over the weekend and therefore, I haven't had the time to post. I'll keep back on track, I promise.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon May 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Don't sweat it. We all post as much as we can.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon May 30, 2016 8:11 pm

she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse