NATION

PASSWORD

Assassination Academy: King of Killers! (OOC,Interest, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
Sonitusia wrote:It's already the 7th of April, 1.20 PM where I live *cough* Indonesia *cough*

*1960 places a card (Jack of Spades) onto the hand*

"Yep"

I'll give you a hint where I live.

"The most liveable city in the world"

"A timezone very close to Indonesia's"

Melbs ey.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Sonitusia wrote:
Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
I'll give you a hint where I live.

"The most liveable city in the world"

"A timezone very close to Indonesia's"

Melbs ey.

DANGIT
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
Sonitusia wrote:Melbs ey.

DANGIT

Living in the big smoke ey.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:

DANGIT

OI M8S WE GOT A BLOKE ERE

EDIT: Posted my shizzle. Sorry guys, I can't hold it in.
Last edited by Sindrya on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Antesa
Secretary

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Antesa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Personal Information
Name: Edwin Darnell
Appearance: Slender build, medium length golden blond hair, green eyes, about as expressive as a sociopath, thin lips, pale skin, wears a white glove on his right hand, a small scar on his forehead that is usually covered by his hair.
Birthplace: Alterra
Nationality: Alterran
Personality: Edwin is a cold, calculating individual who specializes in psychologically breaking victims. Obviously, this would be testament to his nearly unrivaled intelligence. However, he completely lacks all empathetic emotions towards others. This makes it nearly impossible for him to form a meaningful relationship with others. He's not opportunistic unless the situation calls for it, instead he prefers to slowly break those who wronged him through words and exploitation of their past. Despite all of this, he holds an undying loyalty to his family, as it is truly the only thing he genuinely loves.

Biography: Born into a family of Academy Alumni, assassination runs in his blood. His father, Henry Darnel, is a more barbaric foil to the rest of the family; he can summon a large, 3 meter ax made of pure energy. His mother specializes in chameleon-like Magic. Able to turn invisible, or to assume any human form stored in her memory. His younger sister is specialized in poison, his older brother specializes in illusions that affect all five senses at once.

What makes his family different from most in the academy is that they exclusively work for official members in the upper echelon of society. Also, because of the diversity of styles in his family, as they trained together, they began to grow accustomed to all styles of assassination to adequately defend themselves from "competition".

This academy, for him, is to sharpen his skills and knowledge of other assassins and to gain his credentials so he can finally participate in professional assassination.

Theme Song: Ancient Tomes- Midnight Syndicate

Combat Information
Equipment: Two vials of highly deadly neuro-toxins provided by his sister, hidden claw like needles for each of the fingers on his glove (poisoned), and five throwing daggers (also poisoned).

Fighting style: Actually very rarely does any physical fighting up front. He reads people like a book, and he's always right. He breaks them down by his vicious silver tongue. When he does absolutely have to fight, he will keep his distance and adapt almost immediately to the situation, though only effective at a range. At close range, though he's proficient at hand-to-hand combat because of his flexibility and agility, when fighting other assassins, he relies on his last resort. This last resort is what he dubbed "Taipan" after the poisons infused inside the needles. Obviously, he would have the most advantage over someone unstable and weak-willed, with lots and lots of emotional baggage. His Achilles' Heel are people who are not affected by words (deaf people) or barbaric berserkers who don't give him the time of day.

Special moves: Unique to the Darnell clam, Edwin can create an invisible barrier that saps his enemies of all energy, magical and physical. However, use of any magic puts a huge strain on him, and such a powerful seal would essentially force him to pass out immediately after use. It is absolutely a last ditch effort used only in the most desperate of situations. It takes ten seconds to build in secret. However, it is a trump card because as it drains energy, it doesn't just stop when someone is passed out. It kills them from raw exhaustion.

Combat Statistics

Power: C

Endurance: F

Agility: C

Intelligence: B

Special Moves: C

Odds and Ends
RP example:

Ok, so I'm new here and I don't have one. So here's an excerpt from an essay I once wrote.

Liars in denial, self-deceivers, are also liars in there own self-interest, but unlike the malicious group, the don't purposefully harm others for their own direct gain, instead they lie about their status in order to fit in with their desired society. The nun, a pompous, jewelry adorned, status-obsessed woman is one of these people. Though she does not directly harm anybody, it is clear that her behavior and clothing does not fit into the mold of the humble woman of God. Her obvious desire to speak French (an obvious sign of nobility at the time), love for jewelry, and the spoiling she gives her dogs are all signs of a wanting for higher status, which is uncharacteristic of most nuns who believe salvation is the highest status of mortal life. The monk also shows this attitude by breaking rules, riding horses, and eating excessive quantities of food. The Franklin and merchant both lie in the name of ambition. The merchant lies about his status to appear wealthier and more successful than he really is. He Franklin shows a faux personality to gain the favor of the rich so that he can climb up the social hierarchy.

On to the characters of modest honesty; the Reeve, the Parson, and the Miller. The Reeve is the typical present of the day; honest, hard-working. He represents the laboring common man. The Parson is one of the few honest servants of God portrayed in the story. He is not sinister, he does not abuse his power as a man of God, and his evangelizing comes from a place of true, deeply-rooted belief, and not a place of desire for money or power. Then there is the Miller, an aging mill-worker with a sly edge. He knows how to twist the system for benefit, but he is also noted as an honest man who works under a land-owner.

I Read the rules and am a cool person who agrees to abide by them: Yes

#NUMBAT
Last edited by Antesa on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:20 pm

You used 12 points, you're not allowed to have an A under any circumstances, you didn't delete the bracketed information, the first bracket of the "bold" format for the "Personal Information" part is missing and you didn't link to an RP example.

Edwin Darnell = Needs revision.

Also, Rikimaru is probably going to be feeling that injury for a long time. Luckily, Agatha's got something to dull the pain.

(STOP THINKING THAT WAY YOU DIRTY FILTHY ANIMAL)
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

Antesa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Antesa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:32 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:You used 12 points, you're not allowed to have an A under any circumstances, you didn't delete the bracketed information, the first bracket of the "bold" format for the "Personal Information" part is missing and you didn't link to an RP example.

I fixed the formatting issue. And I had no rp examples so I used a small portion essay I once wrote because I had nothing saved on this iPad.

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Antesa wrote:
Hank J Wimbleton wrote:You used 12 points, you're not allowed to have an A under any circumstances, you didn't delete the bracketed information, the first bracket of the "bold" format for the "Personal Information" part is missing and you didn't link to an RP example.

I fixed the formatting issue. And I had no rp examples so I used a small portion essay I once wrote because I had nothing saved on this iPad.

Okay, much better now, but you can use one more point since you're technically only using 7 points now, when you downgraded endurance to an F. Also, what kind of neurotoxin? Symptoms? Chemical formula? Type?

I'm a massive nerd so this is kind of unneeded.
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antesa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Antesa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:43 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
Antesa wrote:I fixed the formatting issue. And I had no rp examples so I used a small portion essay I once wrote because I had nothing saved on this iPad.

Okay, much better now, but you can use one more point since you're technically only using 7 points now, when you downgraded endurance to an F. Also, what kind of neurotoxin? Symptoms? Chemical formula? Type?

Oh it's fine. Sorry about the confusion. These touch screens can be hell with formatting, though.

A mix of Botulinum and Yeast Extract. The symptoms are paralysis, seizures, dementia. I'm not gonna go into chemical formula. Tried to find it then I was like "chemistry is hard".

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:44 am

Antesa wrote:
Hank J Wimbleton wrote:

Oh it's fine. Sorry about the confusion. These touch screens can be hell with formatting, though.

A mix of Botulinum and Yeast Extract. The symptoms are paralysis, seizures, dementia. I'm not gonna go into chemical formula. Tried to find it then I was like "chemistry is hard".

Look, a new guy who knows how to write.

That makes you a rarity unto itself. Pleased to meet you, Antesa. I hope you stay for a good long while.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:12 am

Post is up! I'm sorry that took so long, it turns out I forgot to save my draft last night but beyond that I just kept having to get up and do other stuff. Hopefully though I at least accomplished what I wanted, we now have our principle villain introduced in what I hope is a sufficiently dramatic fashion.

Everyone who hadn't died yet survived their fights, uh, except for Vincent, sorry Ameriganastan. I very rarely kill people off in my psosts as an OP and I'm not going to make a habit of it, but you did make the mistake of turning your back on a fairly dangerous npc, your death was also too convenient to pass up since in a round about way it gives everyone an impression of how strong Klaus is by comparison, since he can easily kill the person who easily killed you sorta thing.

Now onto questions and such.

Antesa wrote:Personal Information
Name: Edwin Darnell

I guess I'm a little concerned that this whole, talk people to death angle is going to be hard to RP, especially against other players who will probably not be inclined to color their character as "could be manipulated into defeating themselves" I'm going to accept you for now and we'll just see how things go.

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:

DANGIT

Huh, that's not far at all from me, I mean relatively.

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Atlannia wrote:On the other hand if I have to steer an npc opponent for every player at the same time for the majority of this RP I will burn out and disappear for a week without saying anything, so we need to find a sustainable way to do this, hopefully the input from me via TG will keep the surprise/interactivity elements while absolving me of a lot of micro managing. Anyway, I'd liek to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Just a thought: If you'd like, I can handle some NPCs. I've done it in other RPs, and I really don't mind.

That said, the method you've proposed seems perfectly sound. I just wanted to offer an alternate option.

Hmm. If we went with specific numbers, we'd have to make sure that no one's cheating (although why one would, I'm not quite sure), and you'd probably have to set prices for things. It would definitely add an interesting aspect to gameplay, though -- if a bit frustrating at times, perhaps. You mentioned earlier that you might give out point "packets" to indicate vague large numbers, and not worry about small expenses; that's definitely viable.

By the way, since we're on this topic, how does attending classes actually affect gameplay in terms of abilities and stats?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, as for classes. The way I was planning to do it, we would assume people are taking classes all the time that steadily contribute to their growth but then occassionally we would RP out a kind of "breakthrough," A class room scene where something clicks for your character and you get to improve in a significant way, maybe you develop a new technique or a new application for an existing one, maybe you figure out how to compensate for a known weakness. I was thinking I could maybe dole these out as rewards kind of, for compelteling more signifcant missions or assassinations, or for simply RPing a really good scene but I've never really used in game poer as an incentive like that so I don't know how well it would actaully work. Regardless of rp experience and time to devote to this rp I'd make sure everyone was getitng the mfiarly regualrly, but there might be an ocassional extra one awarded here and there for standout efforts I dunno.

As for stats, that would work a bit differently, it wouldn't quite work to do the same thing and have people suddenly jump from a B to an A rank in something from a single class. Instead I'd like people to announce a focus, a stat or stats that they'll be trying to improve and we'll just assume they're steadily imporivng it in the background and at some point I'll say "your power or whatever ranked up" I'll say that this time period can be decreased by doing stuff like spending credits for personal training or advice from teachers, or for RP'ing out training scenes that actually build your character in some way.

MightyQuinn wrote:Personal Information
Name: Hoozon Phurst, a female Kobold

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't really intend for this character themselves to come from Miravere, since that's in a different dimension, I just meant that kobolds in general would have originated from there and been brought to Nexus during the First Great Invasion. You also don't need to provide stats for your familiar, it just gets sort of factored in to the character's stats.
...!?!

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:34 am

Atlannia wrote: Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't really intend for this character themselves to come from Miravere, since that's in a different dimension, I just meant that kobolds in general would have originated from there and been brought to Nexus during the First Great Invasion. You also don't need to provide stats for your familiar, it just gets sort of factored in to the character's stats.

Country of origin changed.

writing the familiar seemed the easiest way. do you want me to edit that off?

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:46 am

MightyQuinn wrote:
Atlannia wrote: Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't really intend for this character themselves to come from Miravere, since that's in a different dimension, I just meant that kobolds in general would have originated from there and been brought to Nexus during the First Great Invasion. You also don't need to provide stats for your familiar, it just gets sort of factored in to the character's stats.

Country of origin changed.

writing the familiar seemed the easiest way. do you want me to edit that off?

cool, yeah.
...!?!

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 am

Atlannia wrote:This is fine advice, I will note though that from your opening post it seemed like your character died and then restarted behind everyone else which is not how it works, when you die you respawn at the infirmary where you can interact with other characters and pick up some exposition while the survivors are either picked off or make it to the end. The downtime won't last long though, hopefully we can wrap up this segment fairly soon.

Edited
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
Embassy Program
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Resident of the Unified Coalition of Nations
Me OOC
Artwork made for the Landfish Empire

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:21 am

thanks, looks good.
...!?!

Antesa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Antesa » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:34 am

The Burning Sun wrote:
Antesa wrote:

Look, a new guy who knows how to write.

That makes you a rarity unto itself. Pleased to meet you, Antesa. I hope you stay for a good long while.

Why thank you! But to be honest, I'm not exactly new to the site. My original account was Saigonias, but it was a couple years since I played this and that was back in my more... Naïve phase.

Antesa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Antesa » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:34 am

Atlannia wrote:thanks, looks good.

Oh, and would you like me to change my character a bit? I just liked the idea of psychological warfare and stuff. :\
Last edited by Antesa on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MightyQuinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby MightyQuinn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:10 am

Hummingbird Golem now listed as equipment.

Approved?
Last edited by MightyQuinn on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Atlannia wrote:P
Everyone who hadn't died yet survived their fights, uh, except for Vincent, sorry Ameriganastan. I very rarely kill people off in my psosts as an OP and I'm not going to make a habit of it, but you did make the mistake of turning your back on a fairly dangerous npc, your death was also too convenient to pass up since in a round about way it gives everyone an impression of how strong Klaus is by comparison, since he can easily kill the person who easily killed you sorta thing.

So nice that I was killed off after two posts. Super fun RP this was. Goodbye.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Atlannia wrote:P

So nice that I was killed off after two posts. Super fun RP this was. Goodbye.

The Op explained why they did what they did, besides its not like your character is actually dead.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:So nice that I was killed off after two posts. Super fun RP this was. Goodbye.

The Op explained why they did what they did, besides its not like your character is actually dead.

Yeah, cause people just get up from stab wounds to the heart. Whatever. I'm out of here.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:32 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Yeah, cause people just get up from stab wounds to the heart. Whatever. I'm out of here.

Clearly you didn't even read that characters can't die on the island. They're resurrected in the infirmary with only minor injuries.
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:54 pm

"Where is everyone? Am I the only one who made it here alive?"

mfw 1960's the only one at the hall already.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:10 pm

And the app is complete! The only large change is that instead of insanity from using the bots, now the neurotransmitters force Firaxon combat protocols into his brain if he overuses them, making him unstable and dangerous at the most inconvenient moments! ahahahahahah

Personal Information
Name: Sawyer Pierce
Appearance: Fairly tall with an average build. Has dark brown hair and green eyes along with rectangular-framed glasses. (Since a decent pic is hard to come by, I have a description! Ah-hah!)
Nationality: Alterrian
Personality: Generally layed-back and easygoing, Sawyer is highly intelligent and prefers to prevent/end confrontations through diplomacy rather than fighting it out, mostly because his experiences with killing so far have been quite negative. As part of a group, he tends to take on a leading role. Because of the ingrained Firaxon combat protocols on the neurotransmitters, his usage of them has embedded some of the protocols into his own brain, causing Sawyer to become incredibly violent and irrational at the most narratively (in)convenient times.

Biography:
Incredibly intelligent and gifted his entire life, Sawyer breezed through his general education, graduating his secondary education at the age of 15 and accepted a scholarship to one of Alterra's finest engineering universities. After graduating from there, he found himself without a decent job or anywhere that would challenge him. Somewhat frustrated at this turn of events, he took a job at a small engineering firm and waited for another opportunity while watching the Second Great Invasion unfold before his eyes, wishing that he could help in the fight against the Firaxons.

His wish came true in the aftermath of the Invasion. The newly formed EXTIRG was in dire need of scientists, engineers and researchers to find anything they could from the wreckage of Harbinger and its thousands of drones. Sawyer took the job and was assigned to a team working on reverse engineering several, smaller versions of the usual robot drones that had always acted upon a sort of hive mind. A few years of work later, the team had created the first version of the Utility Fog system, abeit without a way to control the bots down to the individual level. Funding for that particular project dropped, and eventually the members of the team were reassigned to other projects.

However, Sawyer had become somewhat obsessed with the Utility Fog project and the missing controller, and he wasn't willing to let go of a potentially world-changing invention with unlimited possibilities. Secretly diverting funds from his own pocket and the budget of the project he was supposed to be working on, Sawyer recruited 2 friends to help him create the missing controller and perfect the fog-bots. He and his partners managed to simplify the hive-mind controls in the original Firaxon drones into a smaller neuroprocessor that could be used without having to implant it into the brain and modify the design of the bots to improve their durability and further increase versatility.

While initial tests seemed to imply that some of the original Firaxon combat protocols were still in place on the processor, Sawyer and his partners agreed that there would be no way to know until an actual person and not a computer used the neurotransmitter. Sawyer volunteered to test it on himself, only for him and the neurotransmitter to go berserk and murder his partners with the bots in the span of time it took for him to throw the transmitter across the room. Deeply troubled, Sawyer hid the evidence and fled the country with the clothes on his back and every last bot of the Utility Fog system. Knowing well that there would be nowhere to work without background checks and the possibility of arrest, he went to the only place he could hope to be safe from the long arm of the law: the Assassination Academy.

Theme Song: 'Round Gunpoint- Gunpoint OST

Combat Information
Equipment:
Utility Fog (for lack of a better name): Sawyer's primary defensive and offensive weapons, the Utility Fog is the collective name for the thousands of tiny, flying robots (about the size of a grain of rice) that can interlock to form just about anything that he can imagine, ranging from massive blunt weapons to body armor and flying "surfboards". This, of course, is assuming that he has a majority of the fog-bots still remaining.

While each individual bot is fairly mudane, certain configurations can form hard, rigid plates, sharp edge or highly flexible and durable armor. While the bots can do this individually to a degreee, much of this is up to the user to control.

Neurotransmitters: Derived from the Firaxon control systems for their drones, these transmitters allow their user directly control the bots with a simple thought. However, using these and the bots in conjunction puts an enormous strain of the brain, rendering Sawyer comatose if he pushes the bots too hard or too long. They also happen to have some of the original combat protocols from the drones still on them too, so he also risks getting more of that stuff engrained in his brain if he overexerts himself!

Control Gloves (once again, for lack of a better name): To offset some (read: some) of the strain controlling the bots puts on the brain, the Control Gloves allow the user to move the bots around quickly with hand movements and gestures while the neurotransitters deal with precise movements and the configurations of each bot swarm. As a plus, the nexite crystals contained within can emit large jolts of elctricity that the bots can guide to their target.

Fighting style: Sawyer prefers to stay behind the frontlines and assist teammates by protecting them and warding off attacks. On his own though, he is cautiously offensive, predicting his oppenent's next moves and attacking only when he knows he has the upper hand. All other attacks are to force opponents into unfavorable situations. This renders him very weak against unpredictable opponents and multiple enemies. Due to the nature of his neurotransmitters, opponents who can outlast him wind up with a very easy kill.

Special moves:
Shock Barrier: Sawyer deploys a vast swarm of bots towards an opponent at all angles and then conducts electricity through all of them, creating a massive area that electrocutes all opponents in the area. With effort, this swarm can be moved around to chase after more targets.

Rapid Impale: Sawyer makes his bots form a carpet-like area under his targets. After that, they rapidly shoot upwards at the target in groups of two to three, attempting to impale or knock down the target with large spikes.

Combat Statistics
Power: B (4)
Endurance: F (0) ((use those bots too long or push them too hard? Well, you're basically in a coma!))
Agility: E (1)
Intelligence: B (4)
Special Moves: C (3)

Odds and Ends
RP example: I already did this lol

I Read the rules and am a cool person who agrees to abide by them: Did this too, but yes shur

#NUMBAT
Last edited by Penguinia-Tempor on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Penguinia-Tempor wrote:And the app is complete! The only large change is that instead of insanity from using the bots, now the neurotransmitters force Firaxon combat protocols into his brain if he overuses them, making him unstable and dangerous at the most inconvenient moments! ahahahahahah

Personal Information
Name: Sawyer Pierce
Appearance: Fairly tall with an average build. Has dark brown hair and green eyes along with rectangular-framed glasses. (Since a decent pic is hard to come by, I have a description! Ah-hah!)
Nationality: Alterrian
Personality: Generally layed-back and easygoing, Sawyer is highly intelligent and prefers to prevent/end confrontations through diplomacy rather than fighting it out, mostly because his experiences with killing so far have been quite negative. As part of a group, he tends to take on a leading role. Because of the ingrained Firaxon combat protocols on the neurotransmitters, his usage of them has embedded some of the protocols into his own brain, causing Sawyer to become incredibly violent and irrational at the most narratively (in)convenient times.

Biography:
Incredibly intelligent and gifted his entire life, Sawyer breezed through his general education, graduating his secondary education at the age of 15 and accepted a scholarship to one of Alterra's finest engineering universities. After graduating from there, he found himself without a decent job or anywhere that would challenge him. Somewhat frustrated at this turn of events, he took a job at a small engineering firm and waited for another opportunity while watching the Second Great Invasion unfold before his eyes, wishing that he could help in the fight against the Firaxons.

His wish came true in the aftermath of the Invasion. The newly formed EXTIRG was in dire need of scientists, engineers and researchers to find anything they could from the wreckage of Harbinger and its thousands of drones. Sawyer took the job and was assigned to a team working on reverse engineering several, smaller versions of the usual robot drones that had always acted upon a sort of hive mind. A few years of work later, the team had created the first version of the Utility Fog system, abeit without a way to control the bots down to the individual level. Funding for that particular project dropped, and eventually the members of the team were reassigned to other projects.

However, Sawyer had become somewhat obsessed with the Utility Fog project and the missing controller, and he wasn't willing to let go of a potentially world-changing invention with unlimited possibilities. Secretly diverting funds from his own pocket and the budget of the project he was supposed to be working on, Sawyer recruited 2 friends to help him create the missing controller and perfect the fog-bots. He and his partners managed to simplify the hive-mind controls in the original Firaxon drones into a smaller neuroprocessor that could be used without having to implant it into the brain and modify the design of the bots to improve their durability and further increase versatility.

While initial tests seemed to imply that some of the original Firaxon combat protocols were still in place on the processor, Sawyer and his partners agreed that there would be no way to know until an actual person and not a computer used the neurotransmitter. Sawyer volunteered to test it on himself, only for him and the neurotransmitter to go berserk and murder his partners with the bots in the span of time it took for him to throw the transmitter across the room. Deeply troubled, Sawyer hid the evidence and fled the country with the clothes on his back and every last bot of the Utility Fog system. Knowing well that there would be nowhere to work without background checks and the possibility of arrest, he went to the only place he could hope to be safe from the long arm of the law: the Assassination Academy.

Theme Song: 'Round Gunpoint- Gunpoint OST

Combat Information
Equipment:
Utility Fog (for lack of a better name): Sawyer's primary defensive and offensive weapons, the Utility Fog is the collective name for the thousands of tiny, flying robots (about the size of a grain of rice) that can interlock to form just about anything that he can imagine, ranging from massive blunt weapons to body armor and flying "surfboards". This, of course, is assuming that he has a majority of the fog-bots still remaining.

While each individual bot is fairly mudane, certain configurations can form hard, rigid plates, sharp edge or highly flexible and durable armor. While the bots can do this individually to a degreee, much of this is up to the user to control.

Neurotransmitters: Derived from the Firaxon control systems for their drones, these transmitters allow their user directly control the bots with a simple thought. However, using these and the bots in conjunction puts an enormous strain of the brain, rendering Sawyer comatose if he pushes the bots too hard or too long. They also happen to have some of the original combat protocols from the drones still on them too, so he also risks getting more of that stuff engrained in his brain if he overexerts himself!

Control Gloves (once again, for lack of a better name): To offset some (read: some) of the strain controlling the bots puts on the brain, the Control Gloves allow the user to move the bots around quickly with hand movements and gestures while the neurotransitters deal with precise movements and the configurations of each bot swarm. As a plus, the nexite crystals contained within can emit large jolts of elctricity that the bots can guide to their target.

Fighting style: Sawyer prefers to stay behind the frontlines and assist teammates by protecting them and warding off attacks. On his own though, he is cautiously offensive, predicting his oppenent's next moves and attacking only when he knows he has the upper hand. All other attacks are to force opponents into unfavorable situations. This renders him very weak against unpredictable opponents and multiple enemies. Due to the nature of his neurotransmitters, opponents who can outlast him wind up with a very easy kill.

Special moves:
Shock Barrier: Sawyer deploys a vast swarm of bots towards an opponent at all angles and then conducts electricity through all of them, creating a massive area that electrocutes all opponents in the area. With effort, this swarm can be moved around to chase after more targets.

Rapid Impale: Sawyer makes his bots form a carpet-like area under his targets. After that, they rapidly shoot upwards at the target in groups of two to three, attempting to impale or knock down the target with large spikes.

Combat Statistics
Power: B (4)
Endurance: F (0) ((use those bots too long or push them too hard? Well, you're basically in a coma!))
Agility: E (1)
Intelligence: B (4)
Special Moves: C (3)

Odds and Ends
RP example: I already did this lol

I Read the rules and am a cool person who agrees to abide by them: Did this too, but yes shur

#NUMBAT

This guy+BIO_1960 would make an unstoppable force.

"Ey doc, charge me up!"
*Cue Shock Barrier*

Kinda like the Heavy+Medic in TF2.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse