NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Finished the map!: Map.
What do you guys think?

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Dijen wrote:Finished the map!: Map.
What do you guys think?

Could you add Hyville? It is where Geoffrey is from, and probably a medium-sized city.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Dijen wrote:Finished the map!: Map.
What do you guys think?

Could you add Hyville? It is where Geoffrey is from, and probably a medium-sized city.

Which Realm is it in?

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Dijen wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Could you add Hyville? It is where Geoffrey is from, and probably a medium-sized city.

Which Realm is it in?

Igolthra. It would be in the south of that province.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Dijen wrote:Which Realm is it in?

Igolthra. It would be in the south of that province.

Okay, I will add that. Is there anything else you think should be added/changed?

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Dijen wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Igolthra. It would be in the south of that province.

Okay, I will add that. Is there anything else you think should be added/changed?

Perhaps make the coast more jagged, and not as smooth.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Name: Charles Goodford
Realm of residence: Fortress of Honeybarrow
Height: 6' 2"
Appearance: He's a battle-hardened man from years of fighting for pay under several different ruthless leaders.
Personality: He is kind yet cautious on the inside, but he principled and tough on the outside.
Biography: Charles fought under many mercenary bands as a lot didn't make it through their contract but, he fought in many famous ones. One of his most famous battles was when he fought an Arabic mercenary in personal combat and left him a scar giving him an enemy. He thought the man was dead but then later learned that the man lived and under a famous man. He now lived with a mental note if he ever crossed the man a second time he would have the scar. After he finished his personal combat with the man he finds out that his mercenary band had been destroyed in the fight and now he wandered Lavell for years until the Miller family would hire him when Frederickson's was at the age of 5 to protect him.
Weapon of choice: Sword and Shield As a mercenary he didn't have exceptional armor so he had to use a shield to protect from bolts, and arrows.
Strengths: He is a strong and tall man fit for war and battle alike.
Weaknesses: He has many fears and many enemies he's made throughout his years as a mercenary.
Notes: He is Frederickson's bodyguard and the Miller family treats him as another close family member.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Cresadine wrote:Cresadine's Note: Let's remember that a single realm can't control all of the production of a common thing. For instance the claim that Igolthra controls 95% of the production of food is bogus, as obviously there is food elsewhere in the kingdom. They can control a large share, but not a huge majority. I would say 55-67% percent to be more accurate, because otherwise the entire population would be starving. Similarly, the Twin Reach can control a large amount of the gold in the realm, but it is not the only place where it is mined.

Also usually, a noble can't mint his own coins. He can mine the metal from which it is based, but he can't mint his own coins, only the Monarch or his representative can do that.

And the Lord of a Realm doesn't control his entire province or its resources. His vassals control most of the land, especially if he was a night who won his title through combat and not already a lord. So his vassals could ally with the King and sell crops and metal to the King. Lets take Fredrick Miller as an example, he was a poor man, who won his title through combat. Realistically he could not control a large portion of the grain produced in Igolthra, so you can't just say "I control all the Grain so the rebels get all of the food."

Of course, I was only joking around. It would be utterly impossible as if my realm were to have a drought the whole kingdom would've died off centuries ago. I just wanted to imply I controlled a significant portion as their are the swamplands who can't really produce food, there is the Twin Reach which is mountains again can't effectively produce food, then there is the Noble Expanse which is realistically a bunch of rich people and nobles. And the Endless Forest could produce food they'd just have to cut down a lot of trees. So yes. Your correct, I'd say my realm controls 67% of the food production.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:07 pm

I'd say Iglothra is the largest realm since it is a lot of farmland.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Also I think Dejin put the IC up.

Here

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Dijen wrote:
Cresadine wrote:Igolthra. It would be in the south of that province.

Could you add more farmland things along the river? I think it would make more since. Do you think that at the time they'd thought of irrigation yet? Also, what technology so we have at our use?
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Don't post yet we need to figure out two more things. I think United wanted to make a mercenary character and could you look at my mercenary characters app Dijen or Cresadine. Technology?
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Also, what is the currency, let's take a few minutes here to figure these things out.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:14 pm

And who rules over the Sinking realms and endless forest realm?
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Albertae wrote:Name: Charles Goodford
Appearance: He's a battle-hardened man from years of fighting for pay under several different ruthless leaders.
Personality: He is kind yet cautious on the inside, but he principled and tough on the outside.
Biography: Charles fought under many mercenary bands as a lot didn't make it through their contract but, he fought in many famous ones. One of his most famous battles was when he fought an Arabic mercenary in personal combat and left him a scar giving him an enemy. He thought the man was dead but then later learned that the man lived and under a famous man. He now lived with a mental note if he ever crossed the man a second time he would have the scar. After he finished his personal combat with the man he finds out that his mercenary band had been destroyed in the fight and now he wandered Lavell for years until the Miller family would hire him when Frederickson's was at the age of 5 to protect him.
Weapon of choice: Sword and Shield As a mercenary he didn't have exceptional armor so he had to use a shield to protect from bolts, and arrows.
Weaknesses: He has many fears and many enemies he's made throughout his years as a mercenary.
Notes: He is Frederickson's bodyguard and the Miller family treats him as another close family member.

Accepted.

Albertae wrote:Also, what is the currency, let's take a few minutes here to figure these things out.

Lets use a generic name. Like ducats.

Albertae wrote:And who rules over the Sinking realms and endless forest realm?

That's why I think we should hold off on the IC until we have the other two lords.

Also Albertae, perhaps condense all your posts into one. That way you aren't (as in this case) quadruple-posting.
Last edited by Cresadine on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Name: Everyone knows him only as the Magpie. His real name, however, is Ulm.

Occupation: Merchant by name. World-class smuggler and high-class low-life by trade.

Realm of residence: Obbunium, though he spends a lot of time in Swampcrest, suspiciously.

Height: 5'9''

Appearance: Wirey black hair, often doused in barber's grease to keep it out of his face. Pale skin, almost to the point of looking ill. Thin to the point of near emaciation, but still relatively fit. Pale grey, tired looking eyes lie in the middle of a gaunt, aged face. Usually dressed in fine black clothes and a heavy, brown, inconspicuous leather coat. Always clean.

Personality: Ruthless and pragmatic. He will only speak to people he wants, or needs to speak to. He speaks in such a cold, unfittingly deep voice that it makes most people uncomfortable. Those who know him intimately enough outside of his business life to have been to his manor house in the lower districts of Kingshill or his estate in the swamps say he is quite the host. A fantastic cook, a purveyor of fine music and more than capable of holding his drink. Oddly, for a man of his wealth, he doesn't actively avoid the many urchins on the streets of Kingshill, nor does he drink in upper-class establishments. He does not suffer fools lightly.

Biography: Born a bastard, he saw more of the gutters of Kingshill than he did of his mother - a pretty thing with curly red hair and a lovely, but cheeky, smile - who spent most of her time in the company of the King's valiant soldiers. He was taken in by an 'orphanage' when he was very young. The lovely people there allowed him to stay as long as he brought them things, such as jewelry that the rich just left lying around their houses or hanging out of their pockets, or little bits of information he overheard the old King's many detractors talking about. People started calling him the Magpie, due to the fact that every time he left a room, someone had lost something shiny. Soon, he got his own orphans. And his own orphanage. That made him wealthy.

The city wasn't the only place he had contacts though. Everyone likes shiny things. Especially goblins. Goblins once used to dominate the swamplands that are now Tikkemund before 'those bloody smoothskins' kicked them out. Those that didn't go abroad to become mercenaries scratch a living out of the mud on the fringes of the King's territory. There is nothing up there worth conquering anymore. So, the Magpie got in touch with them. In exchange for a cut, he stores his goods there with them. When the time is right, they move the goods to his warehouses in the swampdocks, where they are then sold all over the kingdom. At first, it was just stolen jewelry to be fenced later. Then it was untaxed grain for shady taverns. Then untarrifed silks and spices from out East. Now, with the ascension of the Usurper King, he deals in smuggled swords and armour which he sells to the highest bidder.

His biggest moneymaker though? Secrets. Words are worth more than any weight in arms or gold.

Weapon of choice: His tongue. Failing that, goblin thugs.

Strengths: His web of urchin spies. He has ears in every room that's worth having ears in the capital, outside of the citadel. That, and his buisness acumen.

Weaknesses: A life of eating mouldy bread and dust has left him physically weak. He also has a distrust of the king's soldiers, and he is incredibly awkward around most women. Especially pretty things with curly red hair and lovely, cheeky smiles.

Notes: tl;dr, he's not a fighter, he's a slimey talker. He is sinister manipulator and the only reason he has so many connections is because he knows all their dirty little secrets. But, as many of the prospective rebel lords might soon find out, he's very good at getting you things without the king's men noticing.
Formerly Khanastan; the Praetorian Empire is set in the same geographical region, only around 200 years earlier.

The Praetorian Empire is a PreT nation set in a world going through an age similar to the Victorian Era - a world of Great Powers, Imperialism, Political Revolution and Technological Advancement where the capitalist machine is beginning to stir into action and when nations were at their largest and grandest. If anyone wants to roleplay a time in that era, feel free to TG me.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 pm

The Praetorian Empire wrote:Name: Everyone knows him only as the Magpie. His real name, however, is Ulm.

Occupation: Merchant by name. World-class smuggler and high-class low-life by trade.

Realm of residence: Obbunium, though he spends a lot of time in Swampcrest, suspiciously.

Appearance: Wirey black hair, often doused in barber's grease to keep it out of his face. Pale skin, almost to the point of looking ill. Thin to the point of near emaciation, but still relatively fit. Pale grey, tired looking eyes lie in the middle of a gaunt, aged face. Usually dressed in fine black clothes and a heavy, brown, inconspicuous leather coat. Always clean.

Personality: Ruthless and pragmatic. He will only speak to people he wants, or needs to speak to. He speaks in such a cold, unfittingly deep voice that it makes most people uncomfortable. Those who know him intimately enough outside of his business life to have been to his manor house in the lower districts of Kingshill or his estate in the swamps say he is quite the host. A fantastic cook, a purveyor of fine music and more than capable of holding his drink. Oddly, for a man of his wealth, he doesn't actively avoid the many urchins on the streets of Kingshill, nor does he drink in upper-class establishments. He does not suffer fools lightly.

Biography: Born a bastard, he saw more of the gutters of Kingshill than he did of his mother - a pretty thing with curly red hair and a lovely, but cheeky, smile - who spent most of her time in the company of the King's valiant soldiers. He was taken in by an 'orphanage' when he was very young. The lovely people there allowed him to stay as long as he brought them things, such as jewelry that the rich just left lying around their houses or hanging out of their pockets, or little bits of information he overheard the old King's many detractors talking about. People started calling him the Magpie, due to the fact that every time he left a room, someone had lost something shiny. Soon, he got his own orphans. And his own orphanage. That made him wealthy.

The city wasn't the only place he had contacts though. Everyone likes shiny things. Especially goblins. Goblins once used to dominate the swamplands that are now Tikkemund before 'those bloody smoothskins' kicked them out. Those that didn't go abroad to become mercenaries scratch a living out of the mud on the fringes of the King's territory. There is nothing up there worth conquering anymore. So, the Magpie got in touch with them. In exchange for a cut, he stores his goods there with them. When the time is right, they move the goods to his warehouses in the swampdocks, where they are then sold all over the kingdom. At first, it was just stolen jewelry to be fenced later. Then it was untaxed grain for shady taverns. Then untarrifed silks and spices from out East. Now, with the ascension of the Usurper King, he deals in smuggled swords and armour which he sells to the highest bidder.

His biggest moneymaker though? Secrets. Words are worth more than any weight in arms or gold.

Strengths: His web of urchin spies. He has ears in every room that's worth having ears in the capital, outside of the citadel. That, and his buisness acumen.

Weaknesses: A life of eating mouldy bread and dust has left him physically weak. He also has a distrust of the king's soldiers, and he is incredibly awkward around most women. Especially pretty things with curly red hair and lovely, cheeky smiles.

Notes: tl;dr, he's not a fighter, he's a slimey talker. He is sinister manipulator and the only reason he has so many connections is because he knows all their dirty little secrets. But, as many of the prospective rebel lords might soon find out, he's very good at getting you things without the king's men noticing.

I like it, but we need more Lords of the Realm, so I am reluctant to accept this.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:Name: Charles Goodford

Accepted.

Albertae wrote:Also, what is the currency, let's take a few minutes here to figure these things out.

Lets use a generic name. Like ducats.

Albertae wrote:And who rules over the Sinking realms and endless forest realm?

That's why I think we should hold off on the IC until we have the other two lords.

Also Albertae, perhaps condense all your posts into one. That way you aren't (as in this case) quadruple-posting.

I just wanted to get the message out because you have to refresh to see new post so I'll do that real quick.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Cresadine wrote:
The Praetorian Empire wrote:Name: Everyone knows him only as the Magpie. His real name, however, is Ulm.

I like it, but we need more Lords of the Realm, so I am reluctant to accept this.

How about if you make a lord of the realm we will accept this one aswell.
My Political Compass:

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Accepted.

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:27 pm

I really wasn't looking to have two characters to start off with, but I suppose I can make a pretty ineffectual lord. Give me a sec.
Formerly Khanastan; the Praetorian Empire is set in the same geographical region, only around 200 years earlier.

The Praetorian Empire is a PreT nation set in a world going through an age similar to the Victorian Era - a world of Great Powers, Imperialism, Political Revolution and Technological Advancement where the capitalist machine is beginning to stir into action and when nations were at their largest and grandest. If anyone wants to roleplay a time in that era, feel free to TG me.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Dijen wrote:

Accepted.

Dijen, Albertae and I both said that we need more Lords of the Realm and less minor characters. See our posts above about his acceptance.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Albertae wrote:
Cresadine wrote:

How about if you make a lord of the realm we will accept this one aswell.

I will be making a Lord of the Realm, So we would only need one more. If nobody wants to create a Lord of the Realm, My Co-ops or I can make one as a second main character.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Dijen wrote:Accepted.

Dijen, Albertae and I both said that we need more Lords of the Realm and less minor characters. See our posts above about his acceptance.

I saw those posts, and I think that we don't need fewer minor characters, we just need one more Lord of the Realm.

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Dijen wrote:
Albertae wrote:How about if you make a lord of the realm we will accept this one aswell.

I will be making a Lord of the Realm, So we would only need one more. If nobody wants to create a Lord of the Realm, My Co-ops or I can make one as a second main character.

What realms don't yet have a lord?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse