NATION

PASSWORD

The Mechanics' Guild: An RP(G) Community

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bell Keepers
Attaché

Founded: Mar 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bell Keepers » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Are you using Chrome? Same happened for me; Chrome is extremely pissy about things that don't work exactly how it likes e'm, and will always pitch a fit.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Bell Keepers wrote:Are you using Chrome? Same happened for me; Chrome is extremely pissy about things that don't work exactly how it likes e'm, and will always pitch a fit.

Strange- I posted the link from Chrome.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:59 pm

I just realized... remember that colony-building RP that Hark made? (The one with tanks and robots?)

It occurs after Homeworld, when one of the ships begins to colonize a safe planet...
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:50 pm

...G-Tech, why?!?

Well, I suppose that my own space-age mechanics-based RP will have to wait a few more months than I intended. I'm going to get no participation at all if I have to compete with G-Tech.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Shyluz wrote:I just realized... remember that colony-building RP that Hark made? (The one with tanks and robots?)

It occurs after Homeworld, when one of the ships begins to colonize a safe planet...

You mean the Last Colonies? That went quite well. It's one of the only RPs I've ever seen finished.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Shyluz wrote:I just realized... remember that colony-building RP that Hark made? (The one with tanks and robots?)

You mean the Last Colonies? That went quite well. It's one of the only RPs I've ever seen finished.

:evil:

Still salty about dem nukes
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:35 am

Did my AI ever kickass? I know it fell eventually, but did it go down with a fight?

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:37 am

Shyluz wrote:Did my AI ever kickass? I know it fell eventually, but did it go down with a fight?

Nope. Everyone was nuked into oblivion by G-Tech
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:38 am

The Burning Sun wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Did my AI ever kickass? I know it fell eventually, but did it go down with a fight?

Nope. Everyone was nuked into oblivion by G-Tech

Basically the RP was slowing down/dead, so I decided to end it all. All it took was some espionage to determine that Burning was trying to put up a nuke shield, sabotaging the shield, then nuking every remaining civilization's major cities into the ground with my superior industrial output.

Laboratory Mouse
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laboratory Mouse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 pm

The Last Colonies was finished? 0.0
Love me some eastern fantasy. If you're a fan of wuxia, xianxia, or jidai (or eastern fantasy in general), give me a holler!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Laboratory Mouse wrote:The Last Colonies was finished? 0.0

Quite so, 100 OOC pages later.

Laboratory Mouse
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laboratory Mouse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm going back to read that shiz. I didn't think NSers were capable of finishing an RP, especially one that used an idea I came up with.
Last edited by Laboratory Mouse on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love me some eastern fantasy. If you're a fan of wuxia, xianxia, or jidai (or eastern fantasy in general), give me a holler!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:52 am

I just realized that I haven't actually submitted my application for this yet. I thought I did months ago. Apparently not.

Let me just immediately rectify that irregularity.

APP:
Nation Name: Plzen, the Republican Confederation of
Experience: Board games ranging in complexity from RISK on the low side to Power Grid on the not-so-high side.
Preferred Level of Detail: Any is good. I merely prefer that the simplicity of the mechanical details remain in proportion with the level of abstraction.
Activity: Daily, but can't participate in more than a couple active IC threads.
RP Example:
Binnenhof, Den Haag, South Holland, Netherlands
19:25 UTC

As is custom and tradition, Mark Rutte began the meeting.

"Gentlemen, ladies, welcome. Since - thank goodness - we have no pressing issues to deal with this Friday, I wanted to discuss these... rumors... with you."

Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert was the next to speak. These sort of issues were, after all, usually dealt with by her ministry.

"Say better, fantastical and unbelievable hear-says!" Jeanine was the skeptical type. "Still," she continued, "after 1940, I'm inclined not to ignore anything, no matter how outrageous it might be."

Everyone knew, of course, what "these rumors" were. An unusually large number of UFO sightings, with unusually solid evidence, has been popping up all over the internet these last few weeks.

Eric Wiebes intervened. He didn't like where this was going.

"No, Jeanine, I know what you're thinking, and the answer is 'absolutely no'. The Dutch government budget is stretched paper-thin as it is. We are absolutely not authorizing any more research or production budget to the military."

He would know, of course, how strained the budget was. Give-my-department-more-money types like Jeanine didn't realize how politically difficult it was to get the tax rate to rise another percentage point.

Rutte then spoke again.

"Eric is, of course, correct," he mediated. "The Netherlands simply does not have enough money to be using it to take care of mere rumors, no matter how convincing they may be."

Mark Rutte then thought for a few more seconds.

"I think the most vital issue here is determining how real these rumors are. If there are in fact aliens landing on Earth, the Netherlands will definitely want its best lance in the tournament. We wouldn't want China to get ahead of us in the world's first interstellar trade deal, would we?"

A round of laughter swept the table.

"Naturally, of course," Mark continued, "I do want to dedicate our intelligence on this. It doesn't cost any extra money, and if this alien thing is a big pile of baloney, we'll know soon enough. If it isn't, we'll have some very valuable information about what kind of aliens they are."

"I can take care of that," spoke Klaas Dijkhoff. He knew the intelligence services quite well. Whatever he thought about these rumors, he kept to himself.

"Koenders?"

A minister on the far end of the table suddenly came to attention.

"Yes?"

"Koenders, as you know, we are a small nation. Naturally, our intelligence services are quite limited."

"...and so? I'm afraid I don't follow your line of reasoning, Mark."

"What I'm saying is, we should try to cooperate with foreign intelligences. Make some discreet enquiries with the Belgian government, you know?"

Bert Koenders smiled.

"Of course, Mark. I'll see to it. The Belgian government, you say?"

In little over half an hour, they hammered out a rough plan for intelligence gathering.

Well, Rutte thought, that went well. Most Fridays, these meetings usually involved hours of haggling with his own ministers.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:17 pm

I cast resurrection for 3d6 points of community renewal.

I made a thing; viewtopic.php?f=31&t=374856. Y'all are invited, of course.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:30 am

I cast eldritch blast at the goblin in the corner, looting Burning's corpse. Roll 1d10 force damage. I kill it, G-Tech?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:46 am

Shyluz wrote:I cast eldritch blast at the goblin in the corner, looting Burning's corpse. Roll 1d10 force damage. I kill it, G-Tech?

Hold on for a sec! I got an interrupt card!

"Spectral Shield! Blocks all damage from a single attack. Costs 20 mana."

I play it on the goblin!
Last edited by Harkback Union on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:50 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Shyluz wrote:I cast eldritch blast at the goblin in the corner, looting Burning's corpse. Roll 1d10 force damage. I kill it, G-Tech?

I play it on the goblin!

I play an interrupt action--I cast Counterspell on Hark's Spectral Shield!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 am

Shyluz wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

I play it on the goblin!

Not so fast! Spectral Shield is not a spell, its a summon ally card!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Shyluz wrote:

Not so fast! Spectral Shield is not a spell, its a summon ally card!

It summons my ghostly ally, Ralnis who then absorbs the damage.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:48 pm

My corpse?

I'll have you know I like that corpse very much, and would rather you not disturb it.
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:45 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

My corpse?

I'll have you know I like that corpse very much, and would rather you not disturb it.

Ooooops, looks like I accidentally used up my scroll of resurrection. It was a really rare item, shame it got wasted on burning.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:My corpse?

Ooooops, looks like I accidentally used up my scroll of resurrection. It was a really rare item, shame it got wasted on burning.

Dammit Hark. C'mon, man, get with the game.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Laboratory Mouse wrote:I'm going back to read that shiz. I didn't think NSers were capable of finishing an RP, especially one that used an idea I came up with.

You came up with?
For the thousandth time, 2072 AD came a year before Lost Colonies and had the same premise (if not better).

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Laboratory Mouse wrote:I'm going back to read that shiz. I didn't think NSers were capable of finishing an RP, especially one that used an idea I came up with.

You came up with?
For the thousandth time, 2072 AD came a year before Lost Colonies and had the same premise (if not better).

Wait, you mean you two aren't the same person?

It seems painfully obvious in retrospect, but...
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 am

#DefinitelyNotGravedigging

So, guiz, idea. Anyone remember Hark's the Lost Colonies RP? I'm thinking of doing something similarly styled, but starting in the Neolithic, with custom tech advancement. Thoughts?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse