NATION

PASSWORD

Thelrose Academy Dead, reboot soon

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Concerning the plot: So, I am thinking of re doing the plot. more info in post.

Humans will join the rp later, after the legislation has passed.
14%
humans taking classes from the beginning
57%
Me no care, you take too long.
29%

Total votes : 7

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Thelrose Academy Dead, reboot soon

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:18 pm

In the year 2009 it was revealed to the world as a whole that humans were not the only intelligent civilized beings on our planet. Many of the creatures of myth and legend, call them monsters or Yokai really exist, they have lived on this planet as long as humans have, and are trying to peacefully coexist among us so both kinds can survive. Laws were quickly put in to place to extend human rights and the like towards them. Soon afterwards there were threats towards the Monster people, and some terrorist acts, In 2010 Construction on the Monster Academy was finished in a secret and secure location. The Academy's full name is the Thelrose Academy of the Mundane and the Supernatural, many simply refer to it as Thelrose or the Academy. The Academy teaches the young monsters how to control their strengths and powers, so as to not harm humans accidentally and to blend together better.

After successful operation for five years the Academy and the governments of the world put a plan into motion. It is currently 2015, and this year’s admissions to the Academy include not only monsters but a small amount of humans as well. This is a revolutionary move on the parts of humans as well as monsters to ensure a continuing peace, as well as to help humans and monsters understand each other better. Meanwhile in the darkness lurk many things that wish for nothing more than to see the strenuous peace broken.

Rules: more will be added as need be
1. Op and Co-ops are in charge, our word is law.
2. Be nice to others.
3. Max of 3 app, not including approved Teacher Apps. ( you must Tg me first for permission to make a teacher app anyways)
4. The Redtexters, OP and Coops are the only gods allowed here unless specified otherwise. (meaning no Old ones or other deities, or lovecraftian horrors)
5. Keep the OOC out of the IC if possible. (Meaning OOC posting in the Ic is only allowed if a player is not responding to Tg or OOC hails.)
6. No one liners.
7. Try to keep your chosen monster balanced. (For example, if you have a phoenix, make the regeneration/rebirth take time or something like that)

Demons: demons are perhaps, the race with the most variety and diversity. Many demons have dominion over a darker form of the Elements whereas others are like the demons in Dantes inferno and have dominion over emotions and things concerning what have been labeled as the Seven deadly sins (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, and Pride.) In order to manifest in the human realm, most demons must possess a host, though if a human with magic makes a pact with a demon they can manifest in the human realm, though the magic user tends to have their soul consumed or twisted in the long run, there are exceptions though, if the human has strong demon blood they can form a contract with few to no repercussions. Most demons, have a great capacity for cruelty, and take pleasure in manipulating and playing with mortals for their own amusement. The older a Demon the more powerful they are usually. Strong demons can manifest without a host or pact, though they tend to stay where they are strongest.

Angels: Usually they are majestic and beautiful, their power is usually determined by the number of wings they possess. Angels with black or red wings are those that have fallen to their worldly desires. They possess holy and light magic and manipulation powers.

Elementals: while many elementals do represent the classical elements, some represent trees or rivers. (The latter are like the nymphs and dryads of the Myths) they Are usually anchored to a specific area through an object, if that object is destroyed, then the Elemental will usually die, but if they live they will be extremely weakened. Powerful Elementals can shed their element to assume a flesh and blood form, their powers are weakened for a time after they do this and the elemental forces in the area they do this in will run rampant for a while.

Vampires: Vampires can turn humans and on rare occasions othermonsters into vampires. They feed on blood and magic power, they more potent magic the blood contains the more addicting and replenishing it can be. They age extremely slowly, and are nigh immortal, and possess great regeneration. In order to turn another being into a vampire the victim must be drained almost completely of blood, and then they must have the blood of a vampire inserted into them. After that it is up to luck if they survive the change. However, even if one survives the change, they may not be whole. If one has magic, their magic will become stronger after the change, but they can become twisted. The more a vampire feeds on something the more suited towards that prey they will become, for example a Vampire will become more alluring to humans the more they feed on them. Vampires can be killed if they are decapitated, and their heart removed from the body. Vampires, while they are weaker in the sunlight, it doesn’t actually harm them, except for vampires who are older than millennia, as rare as they are. They are rather strong, and fast, though, not as fast as many were’s. The older a vampire is the stronger the thirst and the more powerful they are. Older vampires can use magic to protect themselves from the weakening they suffer because of the sun. When Vampires feed the victim, receives a rather euphoric and addictive sensation, this is one of the reasons, vampire population and feeding is heavily controlled by the Council.

Fey: the fey, are simply put fairies, there are more than a few types of fairies. Many have control over a season or an element. Almost all types of fey are weak to Iron, thus why most live far from human civilization. Younger fey (Younger than 150 years old) are less affected by iron, and usually roam the human realm. They can change their size and use illusions to affect the way they are perceived and appear.

Elemental Spirits: They are Elementals of sorts, usually of lesser power, though they don’t have to sacrifice their power to take a physical form, strangely enough.

Changelings [/u: there are three types of monsters that would fall under this term as they possess more than one form.

[u]Were
: Were beings, can shape shift in a sense, they are pretty much animals in human skin. They possess two nonhuman forms, bipedal, which is a humanoid version of their animal form, and their animal form. Silver and certain magic’s, can prevent them from turning. Weres usually operate in clans, They can be naturally born or created, through a were bite on a full moon or blood moon. It usually takes a few days for the Change to fully affect the human, though can take a shorter period of time, if bitten multiple times, or bitten on a blood moon.

Shapeshifters: Werepeople and shape shifters, are very similar, but Shifters aren’t governed by the moon and very few possess humanoid forms, aside from their human form. Usually they can shift into a larger, stronger version of the natural version of their animal. They are as much human as they are animal.

Demihumans: they are mostly human, but many have animal features, examples would be Satyrs, or Centaurs. Some can use magic or magical items to disguise themselves. Some demihumans have mostly human features but only one nonhuman attribute, such as a strange haircolor, or long pointy ears.

Undead: Examples of which are Zombies, revenants, Lich’s, as well as ghosts, ghouls and wraiths.. They have a weakness to silver and holy items. An undead is usually made when a soul is forcefully bound to a dying or dead body. The magic to create undead is taboo for multiple reasons, one is it can create mass chaos, another is that users of Necromancy tend to be unstable due to the raw power they channel. Most usually possess little to no intelligence, and only a limited instinct. Some can be rather intelligent, and powerful, one example is a Lich, they are undead mages, when they are reborn they are more powerful than they were when alive, usually. They can’t die unless the soul is removed from the body and the body destroyed entirely, this is overkill in some cases but not enough in others, as some Undead are just that frighteningly powerful. While many Spirits are undead not all undead are spirits.

Hybrids: While many humans that can use magic, possess a gods bloodline, Some are part Mystic, most often demon or Angel, though those don’t last long as they are shunned and actively hunted by their pure blooded mystic brethren. They don’t live for long on most occasions, thus the most commonly seen hybrids are part Changeling, Elemental, Fey, or rarely undead(only happens with undead of great power). In most cases, Hybrids can be eccentric in one way or another. This eccentricity is more apparent in the form of mood swings in some of those who are part changeling. Another type of Hybrid is one who possesses the traits of more than one type of monster. This is extremely rare, even more so than living Cambion or Nephal, As usually one Monster bloodline will overpower the other and it will come out as the dominant one.

Legacies plainly put are humans who have less monster blood than a Hybrid, but they possess a magic of sorts that is usually some sort of evolution from what their monster ancestor was able to do. It is very rare that the power of a Legacy will awaken, as many factors must converge for it to happen. First the Monster Ancestor must have been extremely powerful, second the human ancestor must have been equally so which is rare enough in modern times. Third the Monsters bloodline must have survived elsewhere. Four the Human ancestor must have been capable of ending up with a monster and surviving to carry on that monsters line.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

APP info

Redacted
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Accepted Characters

Accepted Characters (Will be updated later)
Charlia- Charlotte Noble, Haruka miyamoto
Exilvania- Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler
Faal-Makya, Karmina, Merlin
Bycrest-Zamiel
Barapam-Caitlin O'Hara

Teachers-
Night islands- Dr. Sol
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Lore (extended version)

Mystical Places of the world(Entrances to the Academy and their status.)
These are the major ones
Stonehenge- In operation UK
Bermuda Triangle- in Operation North Atlantic ocean
Easter Island- In operation- Pacific ocean
Horsetail Falls- Yosemite- In operation
Leshan Giant Buddha- In operation Leshan China

Inoperable entrances
The site of the Lighthouse of Alexandria- destroyed

Entrances and other places(Mostly sub and pocket dimensions)
Purgatory, Behind the Hollywood sign in HelLA LA
Shang ri la, Tibet
Atlantis, through the Marianas trench
All of these entrances that are in operation are guarded heavily, they are obviously not seen, for the most part. The buried and destroyed entrances are guarded but not so much as the ones still in operation. A few of the locations have been lost since long ago.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:45 pm

App:

Name:
Zamiel

Demon form- 1,900

Race:
Monster

Personality
Zamiel is incredibly proud of himself and cocky to an extreme. He gets this from the fact that not many people can even challenge him and he considers anyone who can to be his rival. He's sadistic and brutal, choosing to prolong a challengers death to inflect the maximum amount of pain, torture, fear, and humiliation possible. While Zamiel tends to go for a straight forward approach when fighting he can be tactic and calculating at times. He is also very rarely seen without his smirk on his face since he knows he's better than everyone.

D&D Alignment (optional)
Chaotic Evil

~+~+~

Appearance(s)

Monster:
Demon

Abilities/Skills:
  • Darkness Manipulation
  • Supernatural Condition (Enhanced combat, durability, strength, etc.)
  • Hell-Fire Manipulation
  • Weapon Generation

Faction: Evil/Anti-peace

Ancestral Legacy:
Evil Empowerment- Gains more power based on the quality and quantity of evil persons around. Meaning he grows more powerful if there is another chaotic evil or three lawfully evil people.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths- Immune to mental attacks, Can survive in extreme climates and conditions, resistant to other demonic attacks, nigh-immortal (his body can be destroyed but his demon spirit will live on).
Weakness- Vulnerable to holy attacks, light magic, can only use Darkness Manipulation and Evil Empowerment in his human form.

Bio:
Zamiel was created long ago to be an avatar of chaos and darkness. He has always had a hatred for humans and believe that they are weak, inferior bugs that are to be crushed underfoot or kept oppressed. When he was younger, he would go around smiting as many humans as he could find until he was best by an angel who was protecting the humans. He spent a couple hundred years regaining his power but decided to return to the human world more tactfully. He chose the guise of human and walks among them doing various misdeeds and causing chaos where ever he can.

When Zamiel heard about the treaty that was to be formed between humans and monsters, he was furious. Zamiel believes that monsters are far superior to humans and that they shouldn't have to act nice with them. Now Zamiel is doing everything within his power to stop the treaty from happening and potentially a war between humans and monsters.

Last edited by Bycrest on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Sure, I'll tag. Looks fun ^.^
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:58 pm

LOOK I'M A REDTEXTING GOD

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:02 pm

App:

Name: Charlotte Noble(Shut. Up.)

Race: Hybrid

Personality Sad. Lonely. Bitter. Can't really be put into words, not well anyways, not by me anyways. Somewhere between INTJ and INTP.

D&D Alignment I'd say Neutral Good.

~+~+~

Appearance Image Hides wings in a backpack

Monster: I could give you a big long family tree, but basically she's a clinically depressed half-breed, half-angel half-human with a little bit of demon in there somewhere. Call her a Naphil. Nephilim is the plural.

Abilities/Skills: Wings, silly. As well as something she'd consider a 'curse'--she can't die. Not by normal means, anyway. The only way she can die is at someone else's hand. (She hates that.) She's got limited self-defense skills, but unfortunately probably can't use them, because she'll freeze in terror.

Faction: Herself, silly

Ancestral Legacy: Wings, silly!

Strengths/Weaknesses: Darkness! She is weak against darkness! Very weak! She also has PTSD.

Bio:
Funny. You are funny. Don't you know this already?

App:

Name: Haruka Miyamoto

Race: Uh... Human/Pure Monster/Hybrid? What do you even call a ghost?

Personality She's lonely. Very lonely. And sad as all Hath. But she's a very caring person, and loves her daughter more than anything.

D&D Alignment Lawful Good, I s'pose

~+~+~

Appearance(s) Image

Monster: Ghost. How do I even describe this?

Abilities/Skills: Invisibility, can phase through things, can't be killed by conventional means

Faction: FACTIONS ARE FOR MODERN PEOPLE

Ancestral Legacy: The ability to reveal her very very creepy true form to whoever she chooses. Her true form is basically a bloody skeleton with blackened eye sockets and shreds of skin hanging off it. It's disturbing.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Beware of Ghostbusters. And exorcisms? Is that the right term? I forget...

Bio:
Way way back during the feudal era of Japan, Haruka married an older samurai. She was young at the time, because this was way way back when such things were common. At the age of 17, she found herself expecting her first child. Her twin sister, however, was jealous of Haruka's marriage, and even moreso of her child. She exploited their similar appearance to trick the samurai into believing that Haruka was unfaithful, and it resulted in the loss of Haruka's life, as well as that of her unborn child.

Now I just sit and wait for Merlin...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Here. And just like to warn you.... Flames gone missing...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Here. And just like to warn you.... Flames gone missing...

Ah! You're here. Good. :)

... :(

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Here. And just like to warn you.... Flames gone missing...

It's seems like Flame is need in a lot of places.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Bycrest and char your accepted. I will edit later.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Illan wrote:Sure, I'll tag. Looks fun ^.^

Tis been a while since I last saw this face.

I must apologize, since Pokemon is...not my thing, but nevertheless, I'm still glad to see you're back. When, exactly, did you decide to end your hiatus?
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:28 pm

App: (Delete Everything in Parenthesis)

Name:
Makya Canowicakte

Race:
Monster

Personality
Makya hides his true personality behind a mask (that even Charlotte won't be able to see through until it's to late). His mask is one of quietness, shyness, politeness and kindness. But his true personality lies in the beast within. His true personality is the opposite of his mask. His true personality is loud, outgoing, rude, pervy, angry, and all around mean. If you ran into him in an alley or saw his true personality, you wouldn't live to tell the tale.

D&D Alignment
Chaotic Evil sorta...

~+~+~

Appearance(s)
Human
Wendigo

Monster:
Wendigo - A Native American spirit (or Manitou) that is known to possess humans and turn them into monsters. They are commonly described as malevolent, and cannibalistic beings with great spiritual power. They are often described as being giants or just larger than human beings. They are often associated with cannibalism, the winter, the north, coldness, famine and starvation. They are said to be the embodiments of gluttony, greed and excess. They are also referred to as a balance of nature. Wendigo's are constantly starving, no matter how much they eat. Humans can turn into Wendigo's through a couple ways; if they ever commit the act of cannibalism, fall into the grasp of greed, or they become possessed through a dream. Those who commit cannibalism are at the greatest risk.

Abilities/Skills:
Wendigo Physiology - all of the applications (enhanced durability not Invulnerability) since they come with being a Wendigo. Though this is only when he is in his Wendigo form.
Cannibalism Empowerment - Because, Wendigo... Get stronger by eating more human flesh...
Winter Manipulation - He can draw upon the elements of the winter and use them to his advantage. He can not create winter though.

Faction:
I guess a Rogue

Ancestral Legacy:
Wendigo Hunger - All Wendigo have an unrelenting hunger that drives their actions.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths - his only strength really lies in his powers, he is a fairly good athlete and fighter though he doesn't show it.
Weaknesses - he often only thinks with his stomach, he is also subject to beastly urges (which are uncontrollable when in Wendigo form)

Bio:
Born to a normal middle class family, Makya was not his birth name. He had everything he needed, he lived a happy life, until one day, everything changed. One day when he was 14, he had a strange dream... One that involved eating his mother, and father. This was enough for it to take over. A Manitou of a Wendigo found its way into Makya's spirit through this dream, and slowly took over his body. Eventually, Makya had changed completely, he had Awakened as a Wendigo could, in a storm of blood and guts he devoured his family, and ran away. In the wilderness he learned to harness his power and control the urges. Of course they are still there, but he now hides them. Not out of fear, but for the chance to ambush his prey. He views humans and other weaker monsters as nothing but prey. He now attends the Academy, after changing his name to Makya, hiding his true monster identity. He tells people he is a lycanthrope, as they are less threatening than Wendigo's.

Name:
Karmina Belina

Race:
Monster

Personality
I guess you can say she's the opposite of Charlotte.... Karmina is happy, cheerful, friendly and outgoing. She is always willing to share her past, and talk to others.

D&D Alignment
Chaotic Neutral

~+~+~

Appearance(s)
Siren
Human (eyes are gold)

Monster:
Siren - I believe they are pretty well known... Sirens are beautiful and deadly creatures. They are described as half human, half bird (older myths) or half fish (like mermaids). (For the sake of forms, true Sirens are half bird) They can sing a beautiful and hypnotic song that effects all those who hear it (men are most affected).

Abilities/Skills:
Siren Physiology - All of the applications (Siren song is under Ancestral Legacy though)
Avian Physiology - All of the applications involved with it. Yes. She can fly (Charlotte isn't the only character with wings now :P).
Voice Manipulation - she can make her voice sound any way she pleases. This includes changing her voice to sound like the voice of others.
Sonic Scream - she can emit a very powerful, destructive and deafening scream.
Feather Projection - When in trouble, she can launch feathers from her wings as projectile weapons.

Faction:
No. No faction.

Ancestral Legacy:
Siren Song - Karmina like all sirens is capable of singing a powerful hypnotic melody that is capable of luring anyone, directly influence others, controlling the mind, temporarily immobilize, and to cause Vertigo.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths - She is rather clever, she's fast.
Weaknesses - She can be easily scared (responds with the flight response), Siren's Song only effects males, she isn't very strong.

Not going to say this is a strength or weakness because it could start an argument but she does have ADHD... And as such, she takes medication to keep it in check.

Bio:
Not much to say, she was born to her siren mother. She grew up with her mother's love a guidance. Her Awakening came when she was 14, and she had a growth spurt. She grew more beautiful, and sprouted her wings. Now she comes to the Academy to learn more about humans.

Guest App:

Name:
Merlin

Race:
Not really sure how to classify a walking prison for a powerful demon.... So not really human, not really monster... Not really hybrid...

Monster Type:
Again... Walking Prison for a demon so hard to define...

Abilities/Skills:
Ageless - Thanks to a certain someone, Merlin doesn't age and therefore can not die of old age.
Magic - Basically what it sounds like, except he's not going to be pulling rabbits out of hats.... Unless they are rabid attack rabbits...
Demonic Magic - Merlin is capable of using Demonic magics, because of Void, it can be used to create, destroy and reconstruct almost anything as well as it can warp reality (teleportation, barriers and etc). It is powerful, but comes with a price, the more Merlin uses Demonic Magic, the stronger Void gets. To use Demonic Magic, Merlin has to tap into Voids power, as such, a purple aura will appear around Merlin, his eyes turn purple and his hair gets red accents and he is surrounded by a purple aura.
Demon Imprisonment - Merlin is capable of imprisoning any being that has the blood of a demon, or monstrous blood (vamps, weres, etc.). He can imprison them by binding them to certain items, as such, if the items are destroyed, the beings are released. He carries multiple stones to bind less powerful demons to, and imprison them in.

Ancestral Legacy:
Void Unbound - Merlin can unleash some of Void's power, in doing so he losses most control of himself, becoming a danger to all around him. But the positives is that everything about him increases. He gets faster, stronger, more durable, his magic gets even stronger. It is a risky ability to use, as it gives Void a chance to take control. When Void Unbound is active, Merlin's eyes turn purple, his entire body gets enveloped in a black mist, with red accents.

Appearance(s)

Personality
You expect me to describe his personality.... It isn't easy to describe. He is a good guy, and very caring, but yet he is often very distant.

Bio:
In the early days of man, Merlin was born. Mankind had just started to settle down and form settlements. In this time of revolution, darkness still reigned. This was the Neolithic Revolution. He was incredibly intelligent for the time, and was naturally a leader of his people. Tribal warfare was rampant, and Merlin feared for his family, his clan, his people. One day a strange being, Void, approached him with a solution to his problem. Void promised Merlin the power to protect his people. Merlin was blinded by the need to protect his people, so blind that he didn't see that Void was trying to trick him. He accepted Void's promise, and was giving great power, he didn't see the snake under the flower... until it was to late. One day Merlin felt something growing inside of him, something dark. Before he could even conceive what happened, it happened. Void granted him power, but he also merged Merlin with him. Void killed everyone of Merlin's people. He had been tricked, and he could do nothing but speak to the demon.

Eventually, Merlin was able to trick Void into building a special structure. This structure would act as a energy conductor, to assist in imprisoning Void. This circle of rings is now called Stonehenge. Merlin told Void that on a certain day, with certain events that Stonehenge would make him more powerful, perhaps strong enough to rival even the strongest of gods. This was all a lie of course, Merlin noticed that during the summer solstice, he was able to take some control back. With that information, and an energy conductor, Merlin could possible, take full control back, and destroy Void. It worked. During the next summer solstice, Merlin was able to gain enough control to harness the energy conducted by Stonehenge and reclaim his body. But, Void wasn't fully destroyed, instead, Void was chained and bound deep inside Merlin's soul. The power that Void gave him stayed, but Void was chained, mostly. Merlin found that if he needed he could unbind Void for a short period of time to give him power.

Over the next thousand years, not much happened. The Romans came to Britian, they left, Merlin decided to travel the world. He would eventually return to Britain to help a little known legendary king, King Arthur. Merlin quickly befriended him, and was at his side all his life, even when Arthur laid upon his death bed. Merlin can tell you, that many of the stories involving King Arthur were pretty inaccurate, but some were correct. Merlin was touched when Arthur gave him Excalibur with his dying breaths. Merlin then continued to live a quiet life, until the coming of the World Wars.

Merlin fought during those wars, not against other men, against himself. He fought to keep Void contained. He managed to beat Void, and chain him in his soul once again. Merlin has some control of Void, enough to keep him chained, but still to be able to use his powers. He fears for the day that Void will break the chains completely.

Merlin has been invited to the Academy, the reason is unknown to him. (I'll let you decide that)

There is one other little thing though that I will reveal sometime. Don't worry, it isn't a game changer in anyway.

#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

The Night Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Night Islands » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Teacher App:
Name: Dr. Apollo Sol
Race: Monster
Monster Type: Phoenix
Skills/Abilities: Fire manipulation/magic, healing magic, flight, infinitely wise technically immortal (more on that later,) degrees in history and library management
Strengths/Weaknesses: Immune to fire. Weak against iron, magic, ice/extreme cold.
Ancestral Legacy: Sol is technically immortal. He can be killed but will quickly regenerate as an infant. He looks different after every rebirth and must grow to adulthood again, causing him to have different personalities and behaviors on every rebirth.
Age: 10,000 years old. He has been in his current incarnation for 28 years.
Gender: Male (though he has been female in the past. It varies.)
Appearance(s)

Personality: Sullen, sarcastic, very protective of his library, wise, inquisitive
Bio:One of the founding members of the Academy, Dr. Sol is the school librarian. His library is massive, filled with bestiaries, tomes on the history of monster families, grimoires and spellbooks, and even a few copies of twilight. He also elective classes on the history of secret monster wars and nations (most of which he was there for.)
Last edited by The Night Islands on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:22 am

The Burning Sun wrote:
Illan wrote:Sure, I'll tag. Looks fun ^.^

Tis been a while since I last saw this face.

I must apologize, since Pokemon is...not my thing, but nevertheless, I'm still glad to see you're back. When, exactly, did you decide to end your hiatus?

Hey buddy! :hug:

I just came back recently, honestly. And I've been a bit spotty on here really. It's good to see familiar face ^.^
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:37 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:App: (Delete Everything in Parenthesis)

Name:
Makya Canowicakte

Race:
Monster

Personality
Makya hides his true personality behind a mask (that even Charlotte won't be able to see through until it's to late). His mask is one of quietness, shyness, politeness and kindness. But his true personality lies in the beast within. His true personality is the opposite of his mask. His true personality is loud, outgoing, rude, pervy, angry, and all around mean. If you ran into him in an alley or saw his true personality, you wouldn't live to tell the tale.

D&D Alignment
Chaotic Evil sorta...

~+~+~

Appearance(s)
Human
Wendigo

Monster:
Wendigo - A Native American spirit (or Manitou) that is known to possess humans and turn them into monsters. They are commonly described as malevolent, and cannibalistic beings with great spiritual power. They are often described as being giants or just larger than human beings. They are often associated with cannibalism, the winter, the north, coldness, famine and starvation. They are said to be the embodiments of gluttony, greed and excess. They are also referred to as a balance of nature. Wendigo's are constantly starving, no matter how much they eat. Humans can turn into Wendigo's through a couple ways; if they ever commit the act of cannibalism, fall into the grasp of greed, or they become possessed through a dream. Those who commit cannibalism are at the greatest risk.

Abilities/Skills:
Wendigo Physiology - all of the applications (enhanced durability not Invulnerability) since they come with being a Wendigo. Though this is only when he is in his Wendigo form.
Cannibalism Empowerment - Because, Wendigo... Get stronger by eating more human flesh...
Winter Manipulation - He can draw upon the elements of the winter and use them to his advantage. He can not create winter though.

Faction:
I guess a Rogue

Ancestral Legacy:
Wendigo Hunger - All Wendigo have an unrelenting hunger that drives their actions.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths - his only strength really lies in his powers, he is a fairly good athlete and fighter though he doesn't show it.
Weaknesses - he often only thinks with his stomach, he is also subject to beastly urges (which are uncontrollable when in Wendigo form)

Bio:
Born to a normal middle class family, Makya was not his birth name. He had everything he needed, he lived a happy life, until one day, everything changed. One day when he was 14, he had a strange dream... One that involved eating his mother, and father. This was enough for it to take over. A Manitou of a Wendigo found its way into Makya's spirit through this dream, and slowly took over his body. Eventually, Makya had changed completely, he had Awakened as a Wendigo could, in a storm of blood and guts he devoured his family, and ran away. In the wilderness he learned to harness his power and control the urges. Of course they are still there, but he now hides them. Not out of fear, but for the chance to ambush his prey. He views humans and other weaker monsters as nothing but prey. He now attends the Academy, after changing his name to Makya, hiding his true monster identity. He tells people he is a lycanthrope, as they are less threatening than Wendigo's.

Name:
Karmina Belina

Race:
Monster

Personality
I guess you can say she's the opposite of Charlotte.... Karmina is happy, cheerful, friendly and outgoing. She is always willing to share her past, and talk to others.

D&D Alignment
Chaotic Neutral

~+~+~

Appearance(s)
Siren
Human (eyes are gold)

Monster:
Siren - I believe they are pretty well known... Sirens are beautiful and deadly creatures. They are described as half human, half bird (older myths) or half fish (like mermaids). (For the sake of forms, true Sirens are half bird) They can sing a beautiful and hypnotic song that effects all those who hear it (men are most affected).

Abilities/Skills:
Siren Physiology - All of the applications (Siren song is under Ancestral Legacy though)
Avian Physiology - All of the applications involved with it. Yes. She can fly (Charlotte isn't the only character with wings now :P).
Voice Manipulation - she can make her voice sound any way she pleases. This includes changing her voice to sound like the voice of others.
Sonic Scream - she can emit a very powerful, destructive and deafening scream.
Feather Projection - When in trouble, she can launch feathers from her wings as projectile weapons.

Faction:
No. No faction.

Ancestral Legacy:
Siren Song - Karmina like all sirens is capable of singing a powerful hypnotic melody that is capable of luring anyone, directly influence others, controlling the mind, temporarily immobilize, and to cause Vertigo.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths - She is rather clever, she's fast.
Weaknesses - She can be easily scared (responds with the flight response), Siren's Song only effects males, she isn't very strong.

Not going to say this is a strength or weakness because it could start an argument but she does have ADHD... And as such, she takes medication to keep it in check.

Bio:
Not much to say, she was born to her siren mother. She grew up with her mother's love a guidance. Her Awakening came when she was 14, and she had a growth spurt. She grew more beautiful, and sprouted her wings. Now she comes to the Academy to learn more about humans.

Guest App:

Name:
Merlin

Race:
Not really sure how to classify a walking prison for a powerful demon.... So not really human, not really monster... Not really hybrid...

Monster Type:
Again... Walking Prison for a demon so hard to define...

Abilities/Skills:
Ageless - Thanks to a certain someone, Merlin doesn't age and therefore can not die of old age.
Magic - Basically what it sounds like, except he's not going to be pulling rabbits out of hats.... Unless they are rabid attack rabbits...
Demonic Magic - Merlin is capable of using Demonic magics, because of Void, it can be used to create, destroy and reconstruct almost anything as well as it can warp reality (teleportation, barriers and etc). It is powerful, but comes with a price, the more Merlin uses Demonic Magic, the stronger Void gets. To use Demonic Magic, Merlin has to tap into Voids power, as such, a purple aura will appear around Merlin, his eyes turn purple and his hair gets red accents and he is surrounded by a purple aura.
Demon Imprisonment - Merlin is capable of imprisoning any being that has the blood of a demon, or monstrous blood (vamps, weres, etc.). He can imprison them by binding them to certain items, as such, if the items are destroyed, the beings are released. He carries multiple stones to bind less powerful demons to, and imprison them in.

Ancestral Legacy:
Void Unbound - Merlin can unleash some of Void's power, in doing so he losses most control of himself, becoming a danger to all around him. But the positives is that everything about him increases. He gets faster, stronger, more durable, his magic gets even stronger. It is a risky ability to use, as it gives Void a chance to take control. When Void Unbound is active, Merlin's eyes turn purple, his entire body gets enveloped in a black mist, with red accents.

Appearance(s)

Personality
You expect me to describe his personality.... It isn't easy to describe. He is a good guy, and very caring, but yet he is often very distant.

Bio:
In the early days of man, Merlin was born. Mankind had just started to settle down and form settlements. In this time of revolution, darkness still reigned. This was the Neolithic Revolution. He was incredibly intelligent for the time, and was naturally a leader of his people. Tribal warfare was rampant, and Merlin feared for his family, his clan, his people. One day a strange being, Void, approached him with a solution to his problem. Void promised Merlin the power to protect his people. Merlin was blinded by the need to protect his people, so blind that he didn't see that Void was trying to trick him. He accepted Void's promise, and was giving great power, he didn't see the snake under the flower... until it was to late. One day Merlin felt something growing inside of him, something dark. Before he could even conceive what happened, it happened. Void granted him power, but he also merged Merlin with him. Void killed everyone of Merlin's people. He had been tricked, and he could do nothing but speak to the demon.

Eventually, Merlin was able to trick Void into building a special structure. This structure would act as a energy conductor, to assist in imprisoning Void. This circle of rings is now called Stonehenge. Merlin told Void that on a certain day, with certain events that Stonehenge would make him more powerful, perhaps strong enough to rival even the strongest of gods. This was all a lie of course, Merlin noticed that during the summer solstice, he was able to take some control back. With that information, and an energy conductor, Merlin could possible, take full control back, and destroy Void. It worked. During the next summer solstice, Merlin was able to gain enough control to harness the energy conducted by Stonehenge and reclaim his body. But, Void wasn't fully destroyed, instead, Void was chained and bound deep inside Merlin's soul. The power that Void gave him stayed, but Void was chained, mostly. Merlin found that if he needed he could unbind Void for a short period of time to give him power.

Over the next thousand years, not much happened. The Romans came to Britian, they left, Merlin decided to travel the world. He would eventually return to Britain to help a little known legendary king, King Arthur. Merlin quickly befriended him, and was at his side all his life, even when Arthur laid upon his death bed. Merlin can tell you, that many of the stories involving King Arthur were pretty inaccurate, but some were correct. Merlin was touched when Arthur gave him Excalibur with his dying breaths. Merlin then continued to live a quiet life, until the coming of the World Wars.

Merlin fought during those wars, not against other men, against himself. He fought to keep Void contained. He managed to beat Void, and chain him in his soul once again. Merlin has some control of Void, enough to keep him chained, but still to be able to use his powers. He fears for the day that Void will break the chains completely.

Merlin has been invited to the Academy, the reason is unknown to him. (I'll let you decide that)

There is one other little thing though that I will reveal sometime. Don't worry, it isn't a game changer in anyway.

Makya is going to be fun to interact with, just because EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL.

Karmina's going to be like 'WHAT WHAT STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU'RE TOO FRIENDLY'

And Merlin...

Merlin is Merlin. What more can I say? 8)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:37 am

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

I`ll bring my character right over here!
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 am

Probably going to be something lizard-y and reptilian.
Above even The Boss

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:47 am

App:

Name: Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler

Race: Human

Personality -stubborn
-cruel
-sadistic
-Puppeteer (He`s scheming/plotting around)
-racist

D&D Alignment (optional) Lawful Evil

~+~+~

Appearance(s)

Monster: -snip-

Abilities/Skills: Mundane Abilities I guess plus a lot of charisma and good at sneaking around?

Faction: Evil Character

Ancestral Legacy: -snip-

Strengths/Weaknesses: He may be a great puppeteer when it comes to pulling the strings from the background but and he can take quite a lot of punches but he himself isn`t really able to do much damage when beating someone even in comparison to other humans he`s weak. But that`s not due to his physical weakness but there`s more like a barrier in his mind put up by his education preventing him from hitting people really hard in unarmed combat.

Bio:
Well, what should I say? A totally normal boy born in a totally normal way to a totally normal family. Had a rough childhood as the other children always picked onto him because pf him being slightly insane. Looking for shelter from all the hatred he got he quickly turned into an extremist. A right wing extremist. There he consolidated his beliefs and successfully organized right wing student organizations without ever being discovered. When the monsters went public he immediately felt his hatred towards them and was disgusted by the set up peace treaty. He was now working towards breaking it up and contacted some of his right wings comrades with connections to the politicians which then managed to slip him into the academy.

#42(Do not edit, it is here for easy tracking.)

EDIT: I`ll look for another picture. Not to change his appearance but to give him some different clothing.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:29 am

looks good Exilvania.

How does everyone feel about torture? I ask as in the IC opening post i was going to have the Big bad, who will be introduce officially later, be torturing someone. I ask as i can tone it down, but it will have a purpose in the plot.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 am

Shadowwell wrote:looks good Exilvania.

How does everyone feel about torture? I ask as in the IC opening post i was going to have the Big bad, who will be introduce officially later, be torturing someone. I ask as i can tone it down, but it will have a purpose in the plot.

Well... No problem with it.... Problem with you... Y U NO ACCEPT ME?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 am

Thank you sir.

No problem with it.
If the bad guy would be human then I`d actually ask for Dietrich to help out during that.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:19 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Thank you sir.

No problem with it.
If the bad guy would be human then I`d actually ask for Dietrich to help out during that.

The bad guy is complicated, to say the least.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 am

The Night Islands wrote:Teacher App: -snip-

While i do like the app, can you add a weakness to ice and/or water, and possibly his rebirth takem longer if in an extremely cold area, or something. also i would have like you to ask before making a teacher app i believe i put that in the post concerning it. Also you might want a student as well as teachers, while still being a part of the rp, are more to add immersion, the students will be the more important characters.

Everyone must ask before making a teacher app.

Faal your good.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse