NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Laurvier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: May 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:15 am

I'm willing to stay in the RP with you.


Only really worried about that if it's the quality of my RPing that's an issue, not the content.
Last edited by Laurvier on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Wolven League
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5390
Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 am

Sarejo wrote:
Kazirstan wrote:It's a good thing Westley was tackled by that Psychotic, because I'll have you know that IVANA IS A STRONG, INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN TO KILL MUTANTS FOR HER!

Jk.


Lol. He's already got his own girl to worry about. Also I have a really good question....


Where the fuck is the cat Edward had?

It's with Edward... Wait, did it get killed or something?

*rushes to check Ic*
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

User avatar
The Wolven League
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5390
Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:26 am

New Grestin wrote:
Kazirstan wrote:Awwwww.

But seriously, even if you intended to you couldn't. I have a feeling it would violate a few forum rules.

Even if I intended to use it, rape is just something shocking that hack-writers use for fake character development.

Even when it's used in a mature way, it still comes off as gross.

Teeeeechnicaly, I believe rape is actually permitted by the mods in a similar way to regular sex; you can't be too graphic.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

User avatar
Kazirstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2713
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:17 am

Ularn is right. Why didn't the caravan just carry on to Carbondale? It seems stupid to set up camp in the open when you're within spitting distance of a settlement.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 am

Kazirstan wrote:Ularn is right. Why didn't the caravan just carry on to Carbondale? It seems stupid to set up camp in the open when you're within spitting distance of a settlement.

Carbondale isn't a settlement, it's just a dead town on the map.


As to everything else involving Serajo and Laurvier:
You were having what could be considered an important discussion and the two of you obviously have differing opinions on the matter. By no means should you be calling each other an asshole or anything else, regardless of how you feel on the matter, and quite frankly this is not what I want to wake up to first thing in the morning. It's actually in the Rules to be civil with one another.

To further keep the peace I will set some ground rules: I have no qualms about most things but don't be too overly graphic. If it's enough to get a mod involved then it is too much. While I normally wouldn't be one to censor things there are children and younger people on this site so please keep that in consideration.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Unified Free Lands
Senator
 
Posts: 4577
Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:25 am

Heh, this is Armeia...

I'm going to join this in a little bit as Ava's(my character from the first outbreak RP) daughter
Here lies a bad OP.

User avatar
Kazirstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2713
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:25 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Kazirstan wrote:Ularn is right. Why didn't the caravan just carry on to Carbondale? It seems stupid to set up camp in the open when you're within spitting distance of a settlement.

Carbondale isn't a settlement, it's just a dead town on the map.

Okay, is there a reason we didn't go into the town and take cover in an old building? Is it infested with Reavers or something?

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:04 am

Kazirstan wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Carbondale isn't a settlement, it's just a dead town on the map.

Okay, is there a reason we didn't go into the town and take cover in an old building? Is it infested with Reavers or something?

For dignity's sake let's say that after the Lurker attack near El Jebel they are hesitant to rush ahead into abandoned areas especially with people not useful in a fight.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Kazirstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2713
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:08 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Kazirstan wrote:Okay, is there a reason we didn't go into the town and take cover in an old building? Is it infested with Reavers or something?

For dignity's sake let's say that after the Lurker attack near El Jebel they are hesitant to rush ahead into abandoned areas especially with people not useful in a fight.

Perhaps when we pass through Carbondale the group can find evidence of Lurker activity, maybe then Flak will trust Mercer's judgement.

User avatar
Unified Free Lands
Senator
 
Posts: 4577
Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:14 am

Hehe, in these types of RPs I usually play a good person who helps others out but time to try something different...

Name: Mira Forster
Nation Name: Armeia
Birthplace: Fort Iowa, Iowa
Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Age: 18
Pic/Description: Tall and lengthy, she stands at 6,4, and she has a pale complexion and black hair that goes a bit past her shoulder. Her eyes are green and she has a tattoo of a Chinese dragon wrapping around her left arm, and an EKG line one on her collarbone. Her face is similar to her mother's but lighter in tone.

Occupation: Tattoo artist and thief

Immunity: TE-13

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: She's a lot more ruthless than her mother, living a hard life in Denver and growing up with her uncle taught her that nice guys finish last. She's the kind of person who will rob you blind and leave you dead in a ditch by the side of the road, only caring about herself and maybe her very close friends depending on how good she's feeling.
Skills: Art, pistols, knife fighting, and technology
Likes: Fighting, drawing, exploring areas of the old USA
Dislikes: People in general, virus carriers, herself sometimes
Fears: Death, fire

Bio: The daughter of Ava Forster and one of the survivors at Fort Northwestern and Fort Iowa, Mira has had a really hard life up to now. At age fourteen her mother was killed by two bandits, who she tracked down and killed a month later, using her mother's shotgun. After that she hitchhiked her way to the Denver Metro Area, scavenging for food along the way, and she found where her uncle was living, in the area where he used to run his business in the States. From fifteen and up she trained in Filipino street fighting and became a bandit, robbing locals and travelers alike in Denver, and at seventeen she had enough of a body count in the former Metro Area that she had to flee to avoid attracting the attention of local factions.

RP Examples: I think you know me from the first RP but if you want I can give links from this account
Here lies a bad OP.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23195
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:43 am

Damn, people got angry. I won't report anyone, but I want to remind everyone that name-calling is flaming and therefore actionable. Also, someone doesn't seem to understand Roman history. I HAVE to read the IC!
GREX LUDENTIUM DELENDUS EST
King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Despotic Hegemon, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23195
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:56 am

Yup. Gres, Caesar was the first Roman emperor. He is the whole reason it ever existed. He in no way is responsible for its downfall, unless George Washington caused the Great Depression and Otto von Bismark toppled the Berlin Wall.
GREX LUDENTIUM DELENDUS EST
King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Despotic Hegemon, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy

User avatar
Maverica
Minister
 
Posts: 2225
Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:26 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Kazirstan wrote:Okay, is there a reason we didn't go into the town and take cover in an old building? Is it infested with Reavers or something?

For dignity's sake let's say that after the Lurker attack near El Jebel they are hesitant to rush ahead ino abandoned areas especially with people not useful in a fight.

Am I accepted? I have my explanation on the other page. I would like to know so I could either start my post or just whatch the story to along and not take part in it.
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am

Maverica wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:For dignity's sake let's say that after the Lurker attack near El Jebel they are hesitant to rush ahead ino abandoned areas especially with people not useful in a fight.

Am I accepted? I have my explanation on the other page. I would like to know so I could either start my post or just whatch the story to along and not take part in it.

Sorry, yes you're ACCEPTED. Didn't mean to ignore you.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Vacif
Senator
 
Posts: 4845
Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 am

Unified Free Lands wrote:SNIP

Pretty sure Denver is uninhabitable due to the mass amounts of infected in the place.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 am

Unified Free Lands wrote:>SNIP<

Few things:

1) Unless you're doing prison tats being a tattoo artist perhaps isn't the best career option. You would need to find supplies of ink and electric equipment would likely be hard to come by if it hadn't already been scavenged for something else.

2) Denver is under the control of the Vultures and has been for quite some time. Anyone living in the area was either killed, forced to join, or eaten by Lurkers. While I don't mind bandit characters I'd prefer if you limited ties with the Vultures as that would immediately make you an enemy to everyone in the RP, making future interaction unlikely at best.

3) Don't expect to be a master in your street fighting. I'm nerfing you the moment you go Tekken on someone.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:48 am

For what it's worth, I apologize for my name calling. It was out of turn and I pet my emotions cloud my judgement.
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30350
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:54 am

Laurvier wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
So you'll take a warning from the Mods just to make your sick posts? That is a very sociopathic statement. Not calling you a sociopath anymore, but I am saying that is a very sociopathic thing to say.


No, I read their guidelines to writing about certain topics. You can write about it after all as long as you do it their way. Otherwise, I'll just have to stick to the groups I RP with that can handle the graphic stuff.

May I suggest not posting the graphic stuff at all? If you must post it, follow Nathi's advice.

Horror becomes delicious terror when you leave a scene in the hands of the imagination, but writing terror is a skill many people are unable to master; it is not what we write, but what we omit that makes it spine tingling. Gore, on the other hand, is usually written for the writer's own pleasure or for shock value. Very few people appreciate gorn. All too often, I see a heavy handed approach to it, where the gratuitous gore overshadows everything else and contributes nothing to the story nor the character development. It's done for the sake of "Hurr, lookie what I can write!"

Rape. Don't go there. Allude to it if you must go there at all. Straight up: the P2TM community houses players that have experienced rape or sexual molestation. They do not need to log in and experience a soul-shattering flashback as they innocently skim a PG 13 game thread.

Laurvier wrote:-snip-

No. If it's too graphic it'll be in spoilers but I'll write what I think is necessary to convey what I'm trying to convey to the reader.


A good writer knows his audience when writing for the general public. You write for the general public when you post on a website that permits children as young as 13 to post. If you wish to write for an 18+ crowd, you do it on a site dedicated to an adult audience. If you wish to write graphic posts, you seek out a site dedicated to that genre. A poor writer - regardless of his talent level - will say, "Fuck you!" and write as he pleases. That the is writer without an audience, and that is the role player no one wants to see apply for a game. In essence, the writer turns off the community and blackballs himself.

NationStates also allows teachers to run classroom regions whereby their students learn about government, choices, etc. These students sometimes fall under the age of 13. They are part of the general public thus part of your readership.

Finally, spoilers and the "trigger warning" caveat are not a free pass to post whatever we like.

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

Swith
P2TM Mentor
★ Retired Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
★ Madhouse ★
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities
and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

User avatar
Kazirstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2713
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:03 pm

Beiarusia wrote:1) Unless you're doing prison tats being a tattoo artist perhaps isn't the best career option. You would need to find supplies of ink and electric equipment would likely be hard to come by if it hadn't already been scavenged for something else.

Well, prison tats are all well and good, but applying real tattoos may not actually be too difficult. Home-made tattoo guns are fairly common and are made with everyday materials. The problem is of course electricity, but I'm sure tattoo guns could be powered manually or with a clockwork motor of some kind.

If you're skilled enough, you can make prison tats pretty terrifying, like this guy. (he tattooed his fucking eyeball).

If you're insane enough to devote massive amounts of time to tattoo artistry in a post-apocalyptic world, I guess it could be done.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10803
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Kazirstan wrote:Well, prison tats are all well and good, but applying real tattoos may not actually be too difficult. Home-made tattoo guns are fairly common and are made with everyday materials. The problem is of course electricity, but I'm sure tattoo guns could be powered manually or with a clockwork motor of some kind.

If you're skilled enough, you can make prison tats pretty terrifying, like this guy. (he tattooed his fucking eyeball).

If you're insane enough to devote massive amounts of time to tattoo artistry in a post-apocalyptic world, I guess it could be done.

Eh, guess you're right. I don't have tattoos so maybe I'm not the best source material.


Swith Witherward wrote:>SNIP<

Thanks for the advice. Kind of disappointing that the advice was needed in the first place but it is no less appreciated.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to Report Currently

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Yup. Gres, Caesar was the first Roman emperor. He is the whole reason it ever existed. He in no way is responsible for its downfall, unless George Washington caused the Great Depression and Otto von Bismark toppled the Berlin Wall.

Fucking christ, remind me to never reference anything historical ever again.

Might as well remove it at this point if people are getting their jimmes up in a bunch about it.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:38 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Yup. Gres, Caesar was the first Roman emperor. He is the whole reason it ever existed. He in no way is responsible for its downfall, unless George Washington caused the Great Depression and Otto von Bismark toppled the Berlin Wall.

Fucking christ, remind me to never reference anything historical ever again.

Might as well remove it at this point if people are getting their jimmes up in a bunch about it.


Nah it can be understandable as the Emperor probably doesn't know a whole lot about Caesar to be accurate, like Caesar from New Vegas
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Ularn
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6864
Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Mind-blowing fact guys: There was more than one Caesar!
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Ularn wrote:Mind-blowing fact guys: There was more than one Caesar!

There was also a Czar, which is the Russian translation of Caesar, if I recall correctly.

Besides, you all know the Caesar I'm talking about, so I feel no need to elaborate.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23195
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:41 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Yup. Gres, Caesar was the first Roman emperor. He is the whole reason it ever existed. He in no way is responsible for its downfall, unless George Washington caused the Great Depression and Otto von Bismark toppled the Berlin Wall.

Fucking christ, remind me to never reference anything historical ever again.

Might as well remove it at this point if people are getting their jimmes up in a bunch about it.

Just trying to help, buddy. :unsure:
GREX LUDENTIUM DELENDUS EST
King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Despotic Hegemon, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Holy Tedalonia, Independent State of Novgorod, Orlavia

Advertisement

Remove ads