NATION

PASSWORD

New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Grave_n_idle
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43029
Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:59 pm

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:I've told you you are not, and I'm asking you to remove your flamebait sig for a second time now.

Take it to the mods then. If they say so, I'll remove it.


...


Thanks for not adding to the situation.
Last edited by Grave_n_idle on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WASSER IST LEBEN

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Hydesland wrote:This thread has really angered me. I don't think anybody knows shit, everyone just makes cliché arguments or just obnoxious crap, on both sides. Does anybody know what communism actually is?


Is it a sparkling beverage?
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Muravyets wrote:
Ostronopolis wrote:
Hm, failed attempt at insult. I love it. You'd be surprised how many of those you get being a Conservative :P

Also, I don't consider Europe a socialist continent, a liberal hell hole, but socialist no.

I wouldn't be surprised at all -- especially if you're a conservative so incapable of supporting your own position that you cannot even present it without scaffolding it 'round with logical fallacies. Latest example, above: No True Scotsman, in which you attempt to dismiss evidence against you by claiming that said evidence doesn't fall within your claimed sample group. You don't get to define "socialism" narrowly just so it will fit your argument. The nations named all implement socialist systems, especially in regards to health care, and none of them has been or is being destroyed by it. Your claim falls flat.


Goddammit! Don't you liberals get it?

If Obama does something that even leans toward what European countries do regarding health care, then that is EBIL SOCIALISM!!!

EBIL SOCIALISM = anything we don't like the U.S. liberals talking about.
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
No true scotsman
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Feb 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby No true scotsman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Muravyets wrote:
Ostronopolis wrote:
Hm, failed attempt at insult. I love it. You'd be surprised how many of those you get being a Conservative :P

Also, I don't consider Europe a socialist continent, a liberal hell hole, but socialist no.

I wouldn't be surprised at all -- especially if you're a conservative so incapable of supporting your own position that you cannot even present it without scaffolding it 'round with logical fallacies. Latest example, above: No True Scotsman, in which you attempt to dismiss evidence against you by claiming that said evidence doesn't fall within your claimed sample group. You don't get to define "socialism" narrowly just so it will fit your argument. The nations named all implement socialist systems, especially in regards to health care, and none of them has been or is being destroyed by it. Your claim falls flat.


I approve this message.

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:03 pm

The Cat-Tribe wrote:Goddammit! Don't you liberals get it?

If Obama does something that even leans toward what European countries do regarding health care, then that is EBIL SOCIALISM!!!

EBIL SOCIALISM = anything we don't like the U.S. liberals talking about.

Well, in that case, my liberal heart bleeds for the poor rightwingers who must suffer terribly, since we won't shut up. No, seriously, it's bleeding -- I'm a bleeding-heart liberal. That's what that means. ;)
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:05 pm

No true scotsman wrote:I approve this message.

You're like Candyman.

Or a bad penny.

Or something.

:p
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
Grave_n_idle
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43029
Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Muravyets wrote:
No true scotsman wrote:I approve this message.

You're like Candyman.

Or a bad penny.

Or something.

:p


You must have said something three times, or something... :rofl:
WASSER IST LEBEN

User avatar
Ostronopolis
Minister
 
Posts: 2658
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Ostronopolis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Muravyets wrote:
Ostronopolis wrote:
Hm, failed attempt at insult. I love it. You'd be surprised how many of those you get being a Conservative :P

Also, I don't consider Europe a socialist continent, a liberal hell hole, but socialist no.

I wouldn't be surprised at all -- especially if you're a conservative so incapable of supporting your own position that you cannot even present it without scaffolding it 'round with logical fallacies. Latest example, above: No True Scotsman, in which you attempt to dismiss evidence against you by claiming that said evidence doesn't fall within your claimed sample group. You don't get to define "socialism" narrowly just so it will fit your argument. The nations named all implement socialist systems, especially in regards to health care, and none of them has been or is being destroyed by it. Your claim falls flat.


Actually all of them are quite real, but it's yours and everyone else's right to deny them. But personally, I really don't have the time nor patience to hunt down the couple hundred articles of proof, just so you and everyone else who disagrees with me, to go 'GOP PROPAGANDA!'.

Anyway, this thread is more pissing me off than anything else, and life it really too short, so I'm done with it.
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

User avatar
Liliya
Secretary
 
Posts: 37
Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Liliya » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm

All I know is, where ever government gets involved, costs rise, and quality falls. We need less government, not more, and that includes healthcare. What we have now, is not a free market system, but a corporate and government bureaucracy which is responsible for inflating health care costs by 60-80%. If you can get government out of this, you can lower costs by 60-80%. That's the first, and most important step. Another thing is, about a third of the uninsured make $50,000 or more per year. They can get their own healthcare or go broke without it if they get very sick. Their choice. 10 million of the uninsured mentioned are illegal immigrants. Why the fuck should my tax money go to provide healthcare for law breakers? In any case, the free market is the solution. The reason healthcare costs are rising so fast is government. The free market on the other hand lowers costs. Look at the electronics and computer industries. Despite inflation, costs are going down. You can get a computer that is 5 times more powerful, yet 2 times cheaper today compared to five years ago. That is what the ingenuity and innovation of the free market can accomplish. Why do we restrict insurance companies from providing service in all states? We need MORE competition not less. Let them compete. Obama's plan is horrible. No, it will not bankrupt the country, but it will be very costly. It is an absolutely idiotic idea. No question about that. You all have a duty to contact your representatives and urge them to vote against this horrible legislation. Yes a duty as Americans.

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Ostronopolis wrote:
Actually all of them are quite real,

Real claims, yes. Real facts? Not so much, or surely, you would be able to back them up.

but it's yours and everyone else's right to deny them. But personally, I really don't have the time nor patience to hunt down the couple hundred articles of proof, just so you and everyone else who disagrees with me, to go 'GOP PROPAGANDA!'.

Anyway, this thread is more pissing me off than anything else, and life it really too short, so I'm done with it.

Probably a wise choice, if you don't enjoy being wrong in public.
Last edited by Muravyets on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13456
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Liliya wrote:All I know is, where ever government gets involved, costs rise, and quality falls. We need less government, not more, and that includes healthcare. What we have now, is not a free market system, but a corporate and government bureaucracy which is responsible for inflating health care costs by 60-80%. If you can get government out of this, you can lower costs by 60-80%. That's the first, and most important step. Another thing is, about a third of the uninsured make $50,000 or more per year. They can get their own healthcare or go broke without it if they get very sick. Their choice. 10 million of the uninsured mentioned are illegal immigrants. Why the fuck should my tax money go to provide healthcare for law breakers? In any case, the free market is the solution. The reason healthcare costs are rising so fast is government. The free market on the other hand lowers costs. Look at the electronics and computer industries. Despite inflation, costs are going down. You can get a computer that is 5 times more powerful, yet 2 times cheaper today compared to five years ago. That is what the ingenuity and innovation of the free market can accomplish. Why do we restrict insurance companies from providing service in all states? We need MORE competition not less. Let them compete. Obama's plan is horrible. No, it will not bankrupt the country, but it will be very costly. It is an absolutely idiotic idea. No question about that. You all have a duty to contact your representatives and urge them to vote against this horrible legislation. Yes a duty as Americans.


Are you saying my NHS in the U.K is bad.....?

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Ostronopolis wrote:
Muravyets wrote:
Ostronopolis wrote:
Hm, failed attempt at insult. I love it. You'd be surprised how many of those you get being a Conservative :P

Also, I don't consider Europe a socialist continent, a liberal hell hole, but socialist no.

I wouldn't be surprised at all -- especially if you're a conservative so incapable of supporting your own position that you cannot even present it without scaffolding it 'round with logical fallacies. Latest example, above: No True Scotsman, in which you attempt to dismiss evidence against you by claiming that said evidence doesn't fall within your claimed sample group. You don't get to define "socialism" narrowly just so it will fit your argument. The nations named all implement socialist systems, especially in regards to health care, and none of them has been or is being destroyed by it. Your claim falls flat.


Actually all of them are quite real, but it's yours and everyone else's right to deny them. But personally, I really don't have the time nor patience to hunt down the couple hundred articles of proof, just so you and everyone else who disagrees with me, to go 'GOP PROPAGANDA!'.

Anyway, this thread is more pissing me off than anything else, and life it really too short, so I'm done with it.


This thread should piss you off, as the OP is a lie. Oddly, that isn't the part that bothers you ... :eek:
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Ashmoria wrote:*phew*

the commie thing doesnt seem to be scaring as many people as it used to. i guess dying from lack of care is more scary today than communism.

Idk, my first thought after reading that was this guy:

Image

Giving a Proctology Exam....And thats pretty scary, if I do say so myself, :blink: ...
Last edited by Maurepas on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ashmoria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46718
Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Liliya wrote:All I know is, where ever government gets involved, costs rise, and quality falls. We need less government, not more, and that includes healthcare. What we have now, is not a free market system, but a corporate and government bureaucracy which is responsible for inflating health care costs by 60-80%. If you can get government out of this, you can lower costs by 60-80%. That's the first, and most important step. Another thing is, about a third of the uninsured make $50,000 or more per year. They can get their own healthcare or go broke without it if they get very sick. Their choice. 10 million of the uninsured mentioned are illegal immigrants. Why the fuck should my tax money go to provide healthcare for law breakers? In any case, the free market is the solution. The reason healthcare costs are rising so fast is government. The free market on the other hand lowers costs. Look at the electronics and computer industries. Despite inflation, costs are going down. You can get a computer that is 5 times more powerful, yet 2 times cheaper today compared to five years ago. That is what the ingenuity and innovation of the free market can accomplish. Why do we restrict insurance companies from providing service in all states? We need MORE competition not less. Let them compete. Obama's plan is horrible. No, it will not bankrupt the country, but it will be very costly. It is an absolutely idiotic idea. No question about that. You all have a duty to contact your representatives and urge them to vote against this horrible legislation. Yes a duty as Americans.

i think you need to be more specific in your criticism. exactly HOW is the government making health care more expensive? exactly HOW can the free market--that is in effect right now--make health care cheaper? and how can insurance be reined in if not by government intervention? the free market isnt reducing insurance premiums today, how are you going to get them in-line tomorrow?
Last edited by Ashmoria on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatever

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Liliya wrote:All I know is, where ever government gets involved, costs rise, and quality falls. We need less government, not more, and that includes healthcare. What we have now, is not a free market system, but a corporate and government bureaucracy which is responsible for inflating health care costs by 60-80%. If you can get government out of this, you can lower costs by 60-80%. That's the first, and most important step. Another thing is, about a third of the uninsured make $50,000 or more per year. They can get their own healthcare or go broke without it if they get very sick. Their choice. 10 million of the uninsured mentioned are illegal immigrants. Why the fuck should my tax money go to provide healthcare for law breakers? In any case, the free market is the solution. The reason healthcare costs are rising so fast is government. The free market on the other hand lowers costs. Look at the electronics and computer industries. Despite inflation, costs are going down. You can get a computer that is 5 times more powerful, yet 2 times cheaper today compared to five years ago. That is what the ingenuity and innovation of the free market can accomplish. Why do we restrict insurance companies from providing service in all states? We need MORE competition not less. Let them compete. Obama's plan is horrible. No, it will not bankrupt the country, but it will be very costly. It is an absolutely idiotic idea. No question about that. You all have a duty to contact your representatives and urge them to vote against this horrible legislation. Yes a duty as Americans.

I would like to bag this specimen for the Museum of Cognitive Dissonance. The majority of the assertions of fact in the above post is actually the opposite of what we have observed to happen in reality, and the rest are completely made up. Amazing.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

User avatar
Les Drapeaux Brulants
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1353
Founded: Jun 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Les Drapeaux Brulants » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Treznor wrote:"The article you requested is not available."

More GOP scare tactics. "National healthcare will kill America!" Nevermind that it hasn't killed insurance in any other country than Canada, and Canada took it to the extreme of outlawing private insurance which no Democrat is proposing.

Thank you for regurgitating Rush Limbaugh for us again, but we're still not buying it.

So go and read the bill. It's on page 16 and it does seem to say exactly what the IBD says it said... http://bit.ly/nSL2A

One of the other things to worry about is the liberal (excuse me) use of the phrase "such sums" to authorize funding for things might cost anything...

Turns out there are an even dozen of them...
* p. 120, to cover the start up costs of the government health insurance option
* p. 300, to pay for a study on why Medicare costs vary around the nation
* p. 404, to pay for a section on "Ensuring Effective Communication In Medicare"
* p. 610, for a study of large intrastate chains of nursing facilities
* p. 864, to increase funding for Community Health Centers between 2013-2019
* p. 869, to fund the National Health Service Corps Program for 2013-2019
* p. 892, to increase money for the Public Health Investment Fund
* p. 897, more on funding for the Public Health Investment Fund
* p. 931, "such sums" to fund a cryptic reference to public health law
* p. 1001, money to fund School Based Health Clinics for 2011-2014
* p. 1006, to fund the National Medical Device Registry
* p. 1018, to fund Grant Programs to Provide Education to Nurses

Remember, this is additional money not called out for when the bill is passed. Anyone who complains that health care in the US is inefficient because it costs a lot hasn't seen anything, yet. This promises to be the most costly program ever devised. One trillion? Hah, try 3 or 4 or 5 trillion.

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Les Drapeaux Brulants wrote:
Treznor wrote:"The article you requested is not available."

More GOP scare tactics. "National healthcare will kill America!" Nevermind that it hasn't killed insurance in any other country than Canada, and Canada took it to the extreme of outlawing private insurance which no Democrat is proposing.

Thank you for regurgitating Rush Limbaugh for us again, but we're still not buying it.

So go and read the bill. It's on page 16 and it does seem to say exactly what the IBD says it said... http://bit.ly/nSL2A


If you've read the bill, perhaps you can explain how the quote on Page 16 MEANS what the IBD alleges.

Hint: it doesn't.
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
Ashmoria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46718
Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Les Drapeaux Brulants wrote:
Treznor wrote:"The article you requested is not available."

More GOP scare tactics. "National healthcare will kill America!" Nevermind that it hasn't killed insurance in any other country than Canada, and Canada took it to the extreme of outlawing private insurance which no Democrat is proposing.

Thank you for regurgitating Rush Limbaugh for us again, but we're still not buying it.

So go and read the bill. It's on page 16 and it does seem to say exactly what the IBD says it said... http://bit.ly/nSL2A

One of the other things to worry about is the liberal (excuse me) use of the phrase "such sums" to authorize funding for things might cost anything...

Turns out there are an even dozen of them...
* p. 120, to cover the start up costs of the government health insurance option
* p. 300, to pay for a study on why Medicare costs vary around the nation
* p. 404, to pay for a section on "Ensuring Effective Communication In Medicare"
* p. 610, for a study of large intrastate chains of nursing facilities
* p. 864, to increase funding for Community Health Centers between 2013-2019
* p. 869, to fund the National Health Service Corps Program for 2013-2019
* p. 892, to increase money for the Public Health Investment Fund
* p. 897, more on funding for the Public Health Investment Fund
* p. 931, "such sums" to fund a cryptic reference to public health law
* p. 1001, money to fund School Based Health Clinics for 2011-2014
* p. 1006, to fund the National Medical Device Registry
* p. 1018, to fund Grant Programs to Provide Education to Nurses

Remember, this is additional money not called out for when the bill is passed. Anyone who complains that health care in the US is inefficient because it costs a lot hasn't seen anything, yet. This promises to be the most costly program ever devised. One trillion? Hah, try 3 or 4 or 5 trillion.

did YOU read the relevant section of the bill? look at the section is it in. think about it. report back.

do you think that these "such sums" add up to a huge amount of money?
whatever

User avatar
Les Drapeaux Brulants
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1353
Founded: Jun 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Les Drapeaux Brulants » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Muravyets wrote:I would like to bag this specimen for the Museum of Cognitive Dissonance. The majority of the assertions of fact in the above post is actually the opposite of what we have observed to happen in reality, and the rest are completely made up. Amazing.

Come on... Wake up. Even the Europeans are worried about the "exploding" US debt.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/71520770-4a2c ... abdc0.html

Nothing in this bill is going to help assuage those concerns.

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Les Drapeaux Brulants wrote:
Muravyets wrote:I would like to bag this specimen for the Museum of Cognitive Dissonance. The majority of the assertions of fact in the above post is actually the opposite of what we have observed to happen in reality, and the rest are completely made up. Amazing.

Come on... Wake up. Even the Europeans are worried about the "exploding" US debt.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/71520770-4a2c ... abdc0.html

Nothing in this bill is going to help assuage those concerns.

and leaving it the way it is would only worsen them... :roll:

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 pm

United Russian State wrote:I can't wait to see how much America is in debt in a few years.


I can give you a range. In 5 years $18-$20 trillion. In 10 years $30-$36 trillion. Assuming the whole thing doesn't collapse before then.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Grave_n_idle
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43029
Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
United Russian State wrote:I can't wait to see how much America is in debt in a few years.


I can give you a range. In 5 years $18-$20 trillion. In 10 years $30-$36 trillion. Assuming the whole thing doesn't collapse before then.


I can give you a range. In 5 years, we'll have a profit of $20 trillion. In 10 years, a profit of $900 trillion.
WASSER IST LEBEN

User avatar
Sibirsky
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44938
Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Sibirsky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
United Russian State wrote:I can't wait to see how much America is in debt in a few years.


I can give you a range. In 5 years $18-$20 trillion. In 10 years $30-$36 trillion. Assuming the whole thing doesn't collapse before then.


I can give you a range. In 5 years, we'll have a profit of $20 trillion. In 10 years, a profit of $900 trillion.


Profit? From what? The government will have these astronomical profits?
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:
United Russian State wrote:I can't wait to see how much America is in debt in a few years.


I can give you a range. In 5 years $18-$20 trillion. In 10 years $30-$36 trillion. Assuming the whole thing doesn't collapse before then.


I can give you a range. In 5 years, we'll have a profit of $20 trillion. In 10 years, a profit of $900 trillion.

Hmm...I think Ill stick with GnI on this one...

Makes me think of when me and a few friends got on an elevator, we looked at it and it said, "7 persons or 2000lbs maximum weight"...We looked at eachother and went "Lets stick with the 7 persons" :lol2:

User avatar
Muravyets
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12755
Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: New U.S. Healthcare Reform, No New Business for Insurance Co

Postby Muravyets » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Les Drapeaux Brulants wrote:
Muravyets wrote:I would like to bag this specimen for the Museum of Cognitive Dissonance. The majority of the assertions of fact in the above post is actually the opposite of what we have observed to happen in reality, and the rest are completely made up. Amazing.

Come on... Wake up. Even the Europeans are worried about the "exploding" US debt.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/71520770-4a2c ... abdc0.html

Nothing in this bill is going to help assuage those concerns.

Are you under the impression that the current system isn't already exploding both personal and public debt all over the place?
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed, Bombadil, Cannot think of a name, Darussalam, Eahland, Eternal Lotharia, Ethel mermania, Grinning Dragon, Imperium of Dragonia, Kappan, Necroghastia, Pasong Tirad, Rygondria, Saint Ryvern, Sevvania, Shrillland, Tarsonis, The South Falls, Umpus, Yanitza, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads