NATION

PASSWORD

Calaverdean Workers' Alliance Headquarters [NSGS]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Pesda
Minister
 
Posts: 2988
Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pesda » Sat May 30, 2015 5:07 am

Heraklea- wrote:
Pesda wrote:Am I still welcome to post here, so long as I don't use it as a platform to critisise the party?

Yes, and I do hope you decide to return. Either way, I will probably TG you at periodic intervals when close votes are happening on things I know we agree on.

Thank you. I do welcome any TGs about important votes.
St George of England wrote:
Pesda wrote:Alchohol has a funny taste
So does semen.
Professional Leaders wrote:
Neo-Sincostan wrote:Nah mate I live in Scotland. Or, as I dislike relating it to, the UK.
thats cool i like ireland
Interstellar Britannia wrote:And indeed, cavemen are fully capable of writing books. Have you heard of the Communist Manifesto perchance?
Green Ham wrote:
Pesda wrote:Making someone happy.

I advise lubricant if that's your objective. Or spit.
Kheil HaAvir wrote:i sleep with a poster above
Welsh speaking Plaid Cymru and SNP supporter.
Left -5.75 Lib -6.05
Why I voted for Plaid Cymru
Now a student... In England

User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:55 am

Heraklea- wrote:And I'm not pessimistic about it. As we move forward, I think it is pretty clear that we need to present a united front against those who would undermine the workers of Calaverde. The government's healthcare proposal is a nightmare we have to stop short lest people in this country face inadequate medical coverage by a state that pledged to provide all.


I see I should have further edited my post. As mentioned, I suggest we simply limit discussion of certain topics to other locations for a while. I think that could work easily enough.
Last edited by Osea 767 on Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:56 am

Anyway, we still have party business to sort out. We need at least one more candidate for the Central Committee. We also need a candidate for the position of Party Whip. if anyone interested, please say so as soon as possible, either by posting here or sending a telegram to one of the current central committee members, myself or Heraklea-.

Also, I've recently created a union. I hope all of you will consider joining.
Last edited by Osea 767 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form


User avatar
Heraklea-
Diplomat
 
Posts: 948
Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 pm

I am also calling for a vote on whether or not to form an opposition coalition with the LDP-DL if they make the offer. There will be 24 hours of debate followed by 24 hours of voting.

My own opinion is that we would be well served joining with the LDP and DL parties to oppose the current government and a number of their proposed policies.

User avatar
Heraklea-
Diplomat
 
Posts: 948
Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 pm

Right, I am officially calling this vote. The matter is as follows:

- Shall the Workers' Alliance form an opposition coalition with the LDP-DL coalition?

Voting shall go for 24 hours.


User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:29 am

Aye.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

User avatar
New Waterford
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1379
Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Nay.
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
Now known IC'ly as An Déise.

User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:20 am

Okay, I'll end this. The vote is over. With a result of two ayes and one nay, we shall form an opposition coalition with the LDP-DL coalition.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:28 am

Also, since there are still no rival candidates, I think we can go ahead and make Heraklea the official whip now.
Last edited by Osea 767 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

User avatar
Lykens
Diplomat
 
Posts: 958
Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Hello.

Heraklea- told me he'd be absent for most of the day, so I'll stick this here, he'll probably get to telegrams when he gets on.

Vote Aye here on the no confidence motion against the current government: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=325513&start=6125#p24914316
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 am

Thanks. I'll send another message to every member very soon.
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

User avatar
New Werpland
Senator
 
Posts: 4647
Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 am

Happy to be back in gov?
Last edited by New Werpland on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ikania
Senator
 
Posts: 3707
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:25 am

New Werpland wrote:Happy to be back in gov?

Not yet.
Ike Speardane
"The most shameless conflict hound in Gameplay" -- Koth
Back-to-back-to-back (3x) Defendervision champion; won so hard they never held another.

User avatar
Lykens
Diplomat
 
Posts: 958
Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Go here and rate who you think are the most powerful and influential rightists in Calaverde of all time.

And then go here and rate the most powerful and influential leftists of all time.

Remember to list the IC name AND NS name if you put other. Please and thank you.

Enjoy.
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

User avatar
Heraklea-
Diplomat
 
Posts: 948
Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Well done folks. The end of the Marino Government confirms what we have always known. Calaverde's heart is firmly to the left. With the new cabinet announced, I now call a vote on the joining together of a governing coalition with the DL, LDP and RefP. Under this arrangement, I am returning to government as Minister of Defense and Osea is stepping up as Minister of Health. The vote shall last 24 hours.


User avatar
Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5356
Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Hello party comrades. If there's anything you need me to vote on or any bill to endorse, I am available to do so right now.
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical Civic universalist on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

User avatar
Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5356
Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:23 pm

My vote on the coalition is a YES
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical Civic universalist on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

User avatar
Kazirstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2713
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Governing coalition sounds good. I vote YES.

User avatar
Osea 767
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Osea 767 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:20 am

YES
The Federal Socialist Republic of Yaroslavl
My Fanfics
Gloomy Intelligentsia (My Blog)
Political Compass (07/12/2013)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
Player Info Form

User avatar
Arkolon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9498
Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:02 am

Heraklea- wrote:Calaverde's heart is firmly to the left.

Well, mid-June, it's pretty much Summer, you'd expect numbers to pick up. :p
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
Czechostan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1322
Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 am

Heraklea- wrote:Well done folks. The end of the Marino Government confirms what we have always known. Calaverde's heart is firmly to the left. With the new cabinet announced, I now call a vote on the joining together of a governing coalition with the DL, LDP and RefP. Under this arrangement, I am returning to government as Minister of Defense and Osea is stepping up as Minister of Health. The vote shall last 24 hours.

Aye.

User avatar
Glasgia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5665
Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Glasgia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:40 pm

I hesitantly abstain. Whilst in theory I support the enforcement of a left-wing government's agenda through Worker's Alliance votes in the chamber, I do not want to give fuel to the claims from members who previously occupied the diplomatic - if not necessarily economic - left-wing of ours party. We must retain our commitment to Socialist values throughout co-operation with Reform and others in our coalition, as to ensure that the voice of the working class is properly heard.

Arkolon wrote:
Heraklea- wrote:Calaverde's heart is firmly to the left.

Well, mid-June, it's pretty much Summer, you'd expect numbers to pick up. :p


Yeah, most of the classical liberals do tend to start flooding in around now, it'll be interesting for a liberal right-wing party like you whether you join in with their fellatio of Rand's cock or shift them on elsewhere.
Today's Featured Nation
Call me Glas, or Glasgia. Or just "mate".
Pal would work too.
Yeah, just call me whatever the fuck you want.




Market Socialist. Economic -8.12 Social -6.21
PRO: SNP, (Corbynite/Brownite/Footite) Labour Party, SSP, Sinn Féin, SDLP
ANTI: Blairite "New Labour", Tories, UKIP, DUP

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads