NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Transnapastain Puts The Pasta In

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:33 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I have no clue what the feck you are talking about

You know pool? Snooker is its vastly superior big brother.


Oh, I've played pool. So, is Snooker played the same way or with different rules?
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat May 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Kannap wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Hushpuppies?


A hushpuppy is a savory food made from cornmeal batter that is deep fried or baked and rolled as a small ball, commonly served as a side for seafood or chicken.

The name comes from when hunters and fishermen would have cookouts they'd toss the fried cornmeal to quiet the dogs begging for food.

Another story is that during the Civil War, soldiers would toss the fried cornmeal to dogs to stop their barking.

I don't think we really get that.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Kannap wrote:
A hushpuppy is a savory food made from cornmeal batter that is deep fried or baked and rolled as a small ball, commonly served as a side for seafood or chicken.

The name comes from when hunters and fishermen would have cookouts they'd toss the fried cornmeal to quiet the dogs begging for food.

Another story is that during the Civil War, soldiers would toss the fried cornmeal to dogs to stop their barking.

I don't think we really get that.


What don't you get?
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Jute
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13734
Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jute » Sat May 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Kannap wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I don't think we really get that.


What don't you get?

Fried cornmeal isn't that popular outside of the Southeastern part of the US, I think
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

User avatar
DesAnges
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31756
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Sat May 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Kannap wrote:
DesAnges wrote:You know pool? Snooker is its vastly superior big brother.


Oh, I've played pool. So, is Snooker played the same way or with different rules?

So pool has what, 7 spots, 7 stripes, and the black ball? Snooker has 15 red balls (worth 1 point each), and one each of yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7 points). To build a break, you must pot a red, colour, red, colour etc. etc. Fouls are similar to pool, but instead of shots being awarded for fouls, points are given to the opposition.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat May 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Kannap wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I don't think we really get that.


What don't you get?

Hushpuppies. We don't get them here.

DesAnges wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Oh, I've played pool. So, is Snooker played the same way or with different rules?

So pool has what, 7 spots, 7 stripes, and the black ball? Snooker has 15 red balls (worth 1 point each), and one each of yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7 points). To build a break, you must pot a red, colour, red, colour etc. etc. Fouls are similar to pool, but instead of shots being awarded for fouls, points are given to the opposition.

Perfect game is 147 points ain't it?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Jute wrote:
Kannap wrote:
What don't you get?

Fried cornmeal isn't that popular outside of the Southeastern part of the US, I think


That's a shame.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Xanama
Senator
 
Posts: 3948
Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanama » Sat May 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Kannap wrote:
Jute wrote:Fried cornmeal isn't that popular outside of the Southeastern part of the US, I think


That's a shame.

Le sigh, they're delicious

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:44 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Oh, I've played pool. So, is Snooker played the same way or with different rules?

So pool has what, 7 spots, 7 stripes, and the black ball? Snooker has 15 red balls (worth 1 point each), and one each of yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7 points). To build a break, you must pot a red, colour, red, colour etc. etc. Fouls are similar to pool, but instead of shots being awarded for fouls, points are given to the opposition.


Sounds complicated
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat May 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Kannap wrote:
DesAnges wrote:So pool has what, 7 spots, 7 stripes, and the black ball? Snooker has 15 red balls (worth 1 point each), and one each of yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7 points). To build a break, you must pot a red, colour, red, colour etc. etc. Fouls are similar to pool, but instead of shots being awarded for fouls, points are given to the opposition.


Sounds complicated

That's why it's played professionally, rather than pool, methinks.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
DesAnges
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31756
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Sat May 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Val Halla wrote:
DesAnges wrote:So pool has what, 7 spots, 7 stripes, and the black ball? Snooker has 15 red balls (worth 1 point each), and one each of yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7 points). To build a break, you must pot a red, colour, red, colour etc. etc. Fouls are similar to pool, but instead of shots being awarded for fouls, points are given to the opposition.

Perfect game is 147 points ain't it?

Aye. There's pretty big prize money involved in that, and you don't want to lose track
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

User avatar
Jute
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13734
Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jute » Sat May 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Kannap wrote:
Jute wrote:Fried cornmeal isn't that popular outside of the Southeastern part of the US, I think


That's a shame.

Sure, I'd like to try them provided they are not breaded with wheat.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Xanama wrote:
Kannap wrote:
That's a shame.

Le sigh, they're delicious


Absolutely

And livermush is super delicious, but that's only a North Carolina thing for as much as I know of it.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
DesAnges
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31756
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Sat May 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Kannap wrote:
DesAnges wrote:So pool has what, 7 spots, 7 stripes, and the black ball? Snooker has 15 red balls (worth 1 point each), and one each of yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7 points). To build a break, you must pot a red, colour, red, colour etc. etc. Fouls are similar to pool, but instead of shots being awarded for fouls, points are given to the opposition.


Sounds complicated

Not really. Just remember that you hit a red before you hit a colour until the reds are all gone. Then you go after the colours in order. Like so
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat May 02, 2015 2:47 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Val Halla wrote:
Perfect game is 147 points ain't it?

Aye. There's pretty big prize money involved in that, and you don't want to lose track

Hah, I saw that one. :P
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
Xanama
Senator
 
Posts: 3948
Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanama » Sat May 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Kannap wrote:
Xanama wrote:Le sigh, they're delicious


Absolutely

And livermush is super delicious, but that's only a North Carolina thing for as much as I know of it.

Really? Never tried it

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Xanama wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Absolutely

And livermush is super delicious, but that's only a North Carolina thing for as much as I know of it.

Really? Never tried it


It's amazing, the best breakfast meat by far. A livermush and egg sandwich with some orange juice? Yum.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Xanama
Senator
 
Posts: 3948
Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanama » Sat May 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Kannap wrote:
Xanama wrote:Really? Never tried it


It's amazing, the best breakfast meat by far. A livermush and egg sandwich with some orange juice? Yum.

Sounds great

User avatar
Barboneia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10383
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Barboneia » Sat May 02, 2015 2:56 pm

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Depressing Nordic semi-socialist commonwealth filled with Lovecraftian horrors, man-eating fox people, Finns, bizarre accents, Saabs, and Volvos.
A collection of some of my NationStates artwork.
On the Commonwealth National Security Bureau.


User avatar
DesAnges
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31756
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Barboneia wrote:OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Quite.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

User avatar
Xanama
Senator
 
Posts: 3948
Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanama » Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Barboneia wrote:OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

? What xD

User avatar
Barboneia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10383
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Barboneia » Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Xanama wrote:
Barboneia wrote:OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

? What xD

THE FUCKING PORN GIF
Depressing Nordic semi-socialist commonwealth filled with Lovecraftian horrors, man-eating fox people, Finns, bizarre accents, Saabs, and Volvos.
A collection of some of my NationStates artwork.
On the Commonwealth National Security Bureau.


User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat May 02, 2015 2:58 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Barboneia wrote:OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Quite.

First time I've seen it in TET. Has stuff like this happened often in the past?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
DesAnges
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31756
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Sat May 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Barboneia wrote:
Xanama wrote:? What xD

THE FUCKING PORN GIF

You've been 13 for a while. Going to give that up yet?
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannap » Sat May 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Barboneia wrote:OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE


I did not need to see that.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads