NATION

PASSWORD

Ted Cruz is Running for President

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Fralinia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1558
Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Eh. If he makes it out of the Chinese fire drill that's setting up to be the Republican primaries, he'll have had to have said above and enough silly things to convince the swing states he's a bit off, assuming they aren't already firmly of the opinion.

There's really a relatively low risk of him actually assuming office.
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

User avatar
The Batorys
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5615
Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Batorys » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:57 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:You are literally the worst voter ever.


The name is very important.

I'm more likely to vote for someone with a very alliterative or catchy name. For example I would be more likely to vote for someone called Jaime Lannister (even if his policies might not be the best) compared to someone called Paul Gervais or Matthew Davenport.

It's an important (though not the only) factor.

Ted Cruz. It's short and its simple. This militates in his favour for me.

That is the stupidest shit I've seen all day.

That is ridiculous. Even for you. Good thing we don't let preteens vote.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Khrushchev (with reservations), Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Stalin, Mao, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14998
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Saiwania » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:06 am

Ted Cruz has my vote if he becomes the Republican presidential nominee.

User avatar
Beta Test
Minister
 
Posts: 2639
Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beta Test » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:10 am

Apparently he compared climate change scientists to flat-Earth people and said deniers like himself were modern day equivalents of Galileo.

What a great guy.
Member of the Coalition of Workers and Farmers
Michael Ferreira: President of the Senate
Philip Awad: Former Secretary of Rural Development

User avatar
Tsaraine
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 4033
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 am

So I GIS'd Ted Cruz to see what he looked like, because of course one can form an accurate and comprehensive opinion of a politician and their policies based on the first image which pops up in Google Image Search.

This is a problem for Ted Cruz, because the first image that popped up was an unfortunate one - probably an official portrait, it depicts Cruz against the background of an American flag and the mottled blue-grey background of a photographer's studio. The presidential hopeful is attempting to smile, but failing; it looks rather like someone inexpertly tried to craft him a smile out of play-doh and plaster it across his face. It is the smile of a shark attempting to reassure other fish that it's a herbivore really. It's a smile which says "Please accept my insincere non-apology for finding out about the horrible things I did to that troupe of Boy Scouts; my lawyer says that if I manage to convincingly simulate contrition he might be able to plea-bargain my sentence down to only one life sentence!"

Do I think Ted Cruz is actually guilty of flaying alive Boy Scouts, draping himself in their bloody skins, and performing profane rituals to propitiate the dread and terrible Aztec god Tlaloc, in an effort to bring much-needed rain to Texas? No. Almost certainly not. Probably not. It's possible he didn't. But based on my infallible "first image in GIS" psychological profiling technique, as President Ted Cruz will sacrifice your first born to the bloody-handed gods of the Aztecs.

And then, in the interests of fairness, I GIS'd Hillary Clinton. Oh dear. That's ... also bad. Similarly pictured against an American flag and the backdrop of the photographer's studio, Clinton's smile looks insincere in an entirely different way. It is the look of a robotic infiltrator attempting to simulate surprise, hampered by malfunctioning facial actuators. It's a look which says "This - is - how - you - hu - mans - smile - affirmative - query".

Again, is Hillary Clinton actually an early-model Terminator, fresh off the line from Cyberdyne Systems? Will a new Clinton presidency usher in an age in which gleaming steel skeletons stalk across a blighted wasteland of human skulls? I don't know if anyone has ever introduced her to a German Shepherd. It's possible she's made entirely of meat like a real human woman. But, based on my infallible "first image in GIS" psychological profiling technique, as President Hillary Clinton will have you ushered into the processing yards to be disassembled for parts.

To test the reliability of this method, I projected it backwards to predict the presidential career of Barack Obama. Obama wins a sort-of-point because the first picture to appear on GIS is not against the backdrop of a photographer's studio (although there's the requisite American flag framing the left side of the shot). He loses the sort-of-point because the backdrop appears to be the Oval Office, which seems somewhat like rubbing it in the faces of his opponents. Obama's smile does not look particularly insincere, though it's clearly not spontaneous; it's the smile of the junior partner in a law firm, having his photo taken for the company wall. The only suspicious thing is that his teeth appear to be huge, raising concerns that he is in fact a werewolf.

Is Obama in fact a werewolf? I don't know, since I can't be arsed to research whether the murder rate in Washington DC has peaked on full moons since January 2009. Suspiciously, Obama does also have big ears, all the better to hear us with. Has anyone seen him wearing silver?

In short, it's entirely possible that President Obama is a werewolf, and that the 2016 Presidential election will come down to a choice between annihilation by rampant AIs or mass human sacrifice to bloodthirsty ancient gods. Fortunately, it's still early in the campaign season; we may yet see a merely human challenger appear.

User avatar
Edgy Opinions
Senator
 
Posts: 4400
Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:47 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Is Cruz pronounced like ''Cruise''? ... or is it ''Crer-z''?

Crewth in Spain, Crewss in Latin America, Crewsh in Rio de Janeiro and Portuguese-speaking countries other than Brazil.
Last edited by Edgy Opinions on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kotturheim's contagious despair.
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

User avatar
Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 28799
Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Tsaraine wrote:So I GIS'd Ted Cruz to see what he looked like, because of course one can form an accurate and comprehensive opinion of a politician and their policies based on the first image which pops up in Google Image Search.

This is a problem for Ted Cruz, because the first image that popped up was an unfortunate one - probably an official portrait, it depicts Cruz against the background of an American flag and the mottled blue-grey background of a photographer's studio. The presidential hopeful is attempting to smile, but failing; it looks rather like someone inexpertly tried to craft him a smile out of play-doh and plaster it across his face. It is the smile of a shark attempting to reassure other fish that it's a herbivore really. It's a smile which says "Please accept my insincere non-apology for finding out about the horrible things I did to that troupe of Boy Scouts; my lawyer says that if I manage to convincingly simulate contrition he might be able to plea-bargain my sentence down to only one life sentence!"

Do I think Ted Cruz is actually guilty of flaying alive Boy Scouts, draping himself in their bloody skins, and performing profane rituals to propitiate the dread and terrible Aztec god Tlaloc, in an effort to bring much-needed rain to Texas? No. Almost certainly not. Probably not. It's possible he didn't. But based on my infallible "first image in GIS" psychological profiling technique, as President Ted Cruz will sacrifice your first born to the bloody-handed gods of the Aztecs.

And then, in the interests of fairness, I GIS'd Hillary Clinton. Oh dear. That's ... also bad. Similarly pictured against an American flag and the backdrop of the photographer's studio, Clinton's smile looks insincere in an entirely different way. It is the look of a robotic infiltrator attempting to simulate surprise, hampered by malfunctioning facial actuators. It's a look which says "This - is - how - you - hu - mans - smile - affirmative - query".

Again, is Hillary Clinton actually an early-model Terminator, fresh off the line from Cyberdyne Systems? Will a new Clinton presidency usher in an age in which gleaming steel skeletons stalk across a blighted wasteland of human skulls? I don't know if anyone has ever introduced her to a German Shepherd. It's possible she's made entirely of meat like a real human woman. But, based on my infallible "first image in GIS" psychological profiling technique, as President Hillary Clinton will have you ushered into the processing yards to be disassembled for parts.

To test the reliability of this method, I projected it backwards to predict the presidential career of Barack Obama. Obama wins a sort-of-point because the first picture to appear on GIS is not against the backdrop of a photographer's studio (although there's the requisite American flag framing the left side of the shot). He loses the sort-of-point because the backdrop appears to be the Oval Office, which seems somewhat like rubbing it in the faces of his opponents. Obama's smile does not look particularly insincere, though it's clearly not spontaneous; it's the smile of the junior partner in a law firm, having his photo taken for the company wall. The only suspicious thing is that his teeth appear to be huge, raising concerns that he is in fact a werewolf.

Is Obama in fact a werewolf? I don't know, since I can't be arsed to research whether the murder rate in Washington DC has peaked on full moons since January 2009. Suspiciously, Obama does also have big ears, all the better to hear us with. Has anyone seen him wearing silver?

In short, it's entirely possible that President Obama is a werewolf, and that the 2016 Presidential election will come down to a choice between annihilation by rampant AIs or mass human sacrifice to bloodthirsty ancient gods. Fortunately, it's still early in the campaign season; we may yet see a merely human challenger appear.


This is the greatest thing that I have read in many weeks.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39805
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:are you new to politics?


1. how was I supposed to know they don't really cut your taxes when they promise/give a representation that they would cut your taxes

2. I'm surprised no one has sued the Republicans over this

3. people shouldn't be allowed to lie like this


1. Aren't you supposed to be some sort of straight-A law student? Y'know, the field of study that literally deals with shit like this on a daily basis? I mean, fuck, I'm not even in college yet and I know this shit. Is majoring in law really that easy that somebody who doesn't know how politics works can ace it?

2. Says the self-proclaimed law major. :palm:

3. Yeah, no fucking shit, Sherlock. What's the next big discovery you're gonna drop on us? The Earth isn't flat?

Seriously, good fucking luck getting it to change anytime soon.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15208
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Tsaraine wrote:snip

The Goat Lord is pleased by this post and so has sigged it.

Anyway, there's no way Ted Cruz makes it long in the Republican Primary. It's absolutely impossible that he gets the nomination. He should just give up.
Insert Victim Group Here
Mandatory Virtue Signaling
PanRacial
Preferred adjective: Many Colored
Cry about "gotchas".
Build pathetic strawmen of your opposition.
Cry about "bullying".
Shift the goalposts.
Make snarky shitposts.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39805
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Tsaraine wrote:snip

The Goat Lord is pleased by this post and so has sigged it.

Anyway, there's no way Ted Cruz makes it long in the Republican Primary. It's absolutely impossible that he gets the nomination. He should just give up.


I hope he wins it, just so that in the general election, he'll be utterly unelectable.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Godular
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9069
Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:The Goat Lord is pleased by this post and so has sigged it.

Anyway, there's no way Ted Cruz makes it long in the Republican Primary. It's absolutely impossible that he gets the nomination. He should just give up.


I hope he wins it, just so that in the general election, he'll be utterly unelectable.


I hope they all lose. Like, somehow they all manage to withdraw from the primaries in a cataclysmic storm of bruised egos that leaves their entire party a laughing stock.

More of a laughing stock.

And less of a threatening laughing stock because somehow they keep getting elected.
RL position
Active RP: ASCENSION
Active RP: SHENRYAX

Faction 1: The An'Kazar Control Framework of Godular-- A collective of formerly human bioborgs engaged in a galaxy-spanning reign of terror for as-yet-unknown reasons. (SWG)

Faction 2: The Servants of the True Way of the Will-- A multi-species anti-technology crusade that travels the galaxy in ships brought forth from the power of their own minds. (MWG) (Faction represented in WA)

A 3.1 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:41 am

Grenartia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:The Goat Lord is pleased by this post and so has sigged it.

Anyway, there's no way Ted Cruz makes it long in the Republican Primary. It's absolutely impossible that he gets the nomination. He should just give up.


I hope he wins it, just so that in the general election, he'll be utterly unelectable.


Eh. Cruz is just one of the initial throw-away candidates - like Michelle Bachman. By the time they've sacrificed him and some of the other totally out there crazies to the GOP masses, the candidate they finally settle on, though a complete moron and morally bereft, will look completely sane by comparison.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34403
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:46 pm

SaintB wrote:
Ted Cruz 2012 wrote:Obama's mother's citizenship is irrelevant because his father wasn't American and he wasn't born in America so he can't be President.


Ted Cruz March 3, 2015 wrote:All you need to know about my parentage is my mother is an American citizen. My father and place of birth are irrelevant.


... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I almost fucking broke my finger holding the MMMMMMMMMMMM key done because I'm so fucking disgusted they tried shilling this motherfucker to us like he was a Sofia Vergara gordita because that's what beaners like us fucking want.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Ivory Praxis
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Dec 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Praxis » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 pm

I seriously doubt Cruz would survived the early stages the election much less get the nomination. Not only because of the question surrounding his eligibility for the presidency ,but because he publicly opposes subsidies for ethanol. Rural areas benefit from the jobs created by ethanol refineries and the higher prices for corn they generate. By coming out against bio-fuel subsidies he has alienated the rural bedrock of the party. Cruz will be massacred in the Iowa caucuses considering that 39% of ethanol produced in the country comes from Iowa. He will have to put on really a strong showing in New Hampshire to survive the crippling blow he inflicted to himself.

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34403
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Ivory Praxis wrote:I seriously doubt Cruz would survived the early stages the election much less get the nomination. Not only because of the question surrounding his eligibility for the presidency ,but because he publicly opposes subsidies for ethanol. Rural areas benefit from the jobs created by ethanol refineries and the higher prices for corn they generate. By coming out against bio-fuel subsidies he has alienated the rural bedrock of the party. Cruz will be massacred in the Iowa caucuses considering that 39% of ethanol produced in the country comes from Iowa. He will have to put on really a strong showing in New Hampshire to survive the crippling blow he inflicted to himself.


Then again... Maybe you're placing too much emphasis on whether the American public knows this.

I think that's what Cruz is betting on, at least.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Narland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Baha! Tea Party Darling? In the news media's dreams. I suppose if you tell a lie long enough someone will believe it.

This Ivy League Renquist pet and Bush appointee is as much of a TEA Partier as I am a coffee drinking young Turk. Just because you hob-nob and court anti-establishment voters and croon their rhetoric doest make you one when you have always been an establishment crony. Rocking the boat against the progressive establishment fossils in your party so you can take their place doesn't mean you want to return to the conservative roots of freedom and liberty that TEA Partiers' desire.

Cruz may be running for prez, but he is positioning himself as the new centrist leader of the GOP and he needs to coddle the conservative base (and us TEA partiers) to do so. Like choosing Firefox because it is the least sucky browser, Cruz got his position much the same way. Some of us may be that desperate, but Cruz might as well be McCain, Boehner, Hilary or Kerry as far as getting support from the rest of us TEA (Taxed Enough Already) crowd in other parts of the country.

Paul, Walker, and Benson are more in touch with the TEA Party and Campaign for Liberty crowds than Cruz, Bachman, or whichever grandstander chooses to jump in front of the crowd pretending to be its leader and then "organizing" a following. TEA Party stands for 5 things--simplify taxes, abolishing the national debt, holding the bankers/financiers accountable for their fraud and negligence (full scale bank and money reform), return to constitutional governance, and promote free enterprise (not corporatism). Ted Cruz has no intention of doing these things. His intention is gaining a controlling hegemon within the GOP.
Last edited by Narland on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mittenstan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mittenstan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:01 pm

luckily, i am optimistic and believe that Americans are too smart to vote for him

BERNIE SANDERS 2K16 ;D

unfortunately, i don't get a say in the 2016 election because I'll just barely be too young to vote :(
Agnostic, Existentialist, Aspie,
Progressive, Democratic Socialist.

User avatar
Narland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Mittenstan wrote:luckily, i am optimistic and believe that Americans are too smart to vote for him

BERNIE SANDERS 2K16 ;D

unfortunately, i don't get a say in the 2016 election because I'll just barely be too young to vote :(


Hopefully, by the 2020 election there will be an actual anti-establishment Republican nominated. After what they did to his father, I doublt that Paul has a chance. Bernie Saunders, lol. He should be tried for crimes against the American People, convicted, drawn and quartered, chopped into little pieces, and then buried alive, or given an appropriate sentence. :p
Last edited by Narland on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mittenstan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mittenstan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Narland wrote:
Mittenstan wrote:luckily, i am optimistic and believe that Americans are too smart to vote for him

BERNIE SANDERS 2K16 ;D

unfortunately, i don't get a say in the 2016 election because I'll just barely be too young to vote :(


Hopefully, by the 2020 election there will be an actual anti-establishment Republican nominated. After what they did to his father, I doublt that Paul has a chance. Bernie Saunders, lol. He should be tried for crimes against the American People, convicted, drawn and quartered, chopped into little pieces, and then buried alive, or given an appropriate sentence. :p



WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH THINGS TO SUCH A SWEET OLD MAN. POOR BERNIE :'(
Agnostic, Existentialist, Aspie,
Progressive, Democratic Socialist.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 98474
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Narland wrote:
Mittenstan wrote:luckily, i am optimistic and believe that Americans are too smart to vote for him

BERNIE SANDERS 2K16 ;D

unfortunately, i don't get a say in the 2016 election because I'll just barely be too young to vote :(


Hopefully, by the 2020 election there will be an actual anti-establishment Republican nominated. After what they did to his father, I doublt that Paul has a chance. Bernie Saunders, lol. He should be tried for crimes against the American People, convicted, drawn and quartered, chopped into little pieces, and then buried alive, or given an appropriate sentence. :p

A bit of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod: I'm sure everyone's enjoying your clever remark about Senator Saunders but it's not something you want to make a habit of. Advocating horrific punishments for actual people is trolling and will get you warned. There are better ways to get your point across.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Mittenstan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mittenstan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:30 pm

yeah mod, you tell him!
Agnostic, Existentialist, Aspie,
Progressive, Democratic Socialist.

User avatar
Aszakaeria
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Mar 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aszakaeria » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Well, living essentially in what has become "Libertyburg" Virginia, I unfortunately have had the unpleasantness of bearing the full brunt of this bid for presidency by Cruz. I can see why an extremist would choose this campus, that doesn't shock me in the least bit. What did surprise me was the large audience he gathered, until I realized they had all been forced to attend.

Anyways, I personally think he's an awful choice for candidacy. But I can't say it won't be absolutely hilarious to watch. And God forbid if he were to win. Can you imagine? "President Cruz reads lullaby to gathered NATO delegation" "President Cruz declares America a Christian nation" "President Cruz declares war on Iran, North Korea, China, and Russia"

I am relatively concerned about his place of birth however. I'm not sure how Republicans are going to throw in their vote for a candidate who fails one out of the only three requirements for presidency this nation has. And legitimately fails it too. Not that Obama "Hawaii is really far away crap" but actually born in a whole other sovereign territory, which, like it or not, was the North American right arm of the very tyrannical Empire we first sought to escape so valiantly, and our fledgling nation's first and greatest enemy until the latter 1800's. So, in all respects, Ted Cruz is technically a traitor to the state by birth. But I'll leave that to the Democratic bids to tear up in the race for presidency.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 98474
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Mittenstan wrote:yeah mod, you tell him!

Yeah, cheerleading is not something you want to make a habit of, either. It's also actionable.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Geilinor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41328
Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Beta Test wrote:Apparently he compared climate change scientists to flat-Earth people and said deniers like himself were modern day equivalents of Galileo.

What a great guy.

Which in itself is historically inaccurate as Galileo wasn't opposing flat-Earthers.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39805
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Narland wrote:Baha! Tea Party Darling? In the news media's dreams. I suppose if you tell a lie long enough someone will believe it.

This Ivy League Renquist pet and Bush appointee is as much of a TEA Partier as I am a coffee drinking young Turk. Just because you hob-nob and court anti-establishment voters and croon their rhetoric doest make you one when you have always been an establishment crony. Rocking the boat against the progressive establishment fossils in your party so you can take their place doesn't mean you want to return to the conservative roots of freedom and liberty that TEA Partiers' desire.

Cruz may be running for prez, but he is positioning himself as the new centrist leader of the GOP and he needs to coddle the conservative base (and us TEA partiers) to do so. Like choosing Firefox because it is the least sucky browser, Cruz got his position much the same way. Some of us may be that desperate, but Cruz might as well be McCain, Boehner, Hilary or Kerry as far as getting support from the rest of us TEA (Taxed Enough Already) crowd in other parts of the country.

Paul, Walker, and Benson are more in touch with the TEA Party and Campaign for Liberty crowds than Cruz, Bachman, or whichever grandstander chooses to jump in front of the crowd pretending to be its leader and then "organizing" a following. TEA Party stands for 5 things--simplify taxes, abolishing the national debt, holding the bankers/financiers accountable for their fraud and negligence (full scale bank and money reform), return to constitutional governance, and promote free enterprise (not corporatism). Ted Cruz has no intention of doing these things. His intention is gaining a controlling hegemon within the GOP.


If any of yall actually supported that stuff, or at the very least bothered to do your research, you'd all be voting Democrat. Your darlings would be Warren and Sanders, not Paul and Walker.

The corporate puppetmasters of the GOP/tea party have you hook, line, and sinker if you think "kill the unions" Walker will do anything against the will of the Kochs (and holding the banks responsible, returning to constitutional governance, simplifying taxes, getting rid of the debt, or promoting free enterprise instead of corporatocracy).
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anagonia, Andsed, Argotera, Auzkhia, Diopolis, Evil Dictators Happyland, Google Adsense [Bot], Grand Britaria, Heloin, Ostroeuropa, Platypus Bureaucracy, The New California Republic, The World Capitalist Confederation, Thypso

Advertisement

Remove ads