NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3115
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:05 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Mental image?

Uh... Might help us avoid saying "the man Xed. The man Yed." Also, may help show how "normal" he actually is. Just... Introduce him a bit?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10024
Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Okay I'm back! Celebrated Ramadan with a couple of my aunt's friends. They have two little kids. They were so cute and energetic. I watched Superman cartoons from the 60's with them. The food was also very good. Twas an awesome Ramadan.


You're family's Muslim?

Interesting :p

No! My aunt visits the temples in the area and makes lots of friends. Her friends are Muslim but we are not. I'm atheist, my pa is a christian and I'm not sure about my aunt. But regardless, it was a fun time. We talked about life, rent, physics, college, and their traditions. The biggest of the two just started fasting. He is not allowed to eat and drink until it is 2pm. Though they might go down to 1pm tomorrow. It's a hit and miss thing with kids and you gotta experiment.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Mental image?

Uh... Might help us avoid saying "the man Xed. The man Yed." Also, may help show how "normal" he actually is. Just... Introduce him a bit?

So what he's thinking as well? I always do that . . .

I didn't get your wording.

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3115
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:35 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Uh... Might help us avoid saying "the man Xed. The man Yed." Also, may help show how "normal" he actually is. Just... Introduce him a bit?

So what he's thinking as well? I always do that . . .

I didn't get your wording.

Uh. I hope you get it now?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 pm

You're not annoyed or anything, right?

Sorry?

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19494
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:44 pm

I think what Fvaar means is try being more like, "The red-haired girl blushed..." or "Gruff and tough as ever, the tall Jim made his way into the room..." or "She was prim, and ran across the field like a ballerina..."

Is that right?
P2TM Mentor, TG w/ RP questions
♦ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
Art
Blog
Independent stories
Support
Vanity page
adhouse

"Gio has said "fuck you" a few times prior in this chat.
At her phone, at a friend over the letter x, at poe's law,
at me once, at NA once, at pokemon a lot, at people
who do not like polishing rocks, at god, and I stopped
reading after page one of search results but there's two more"
—Ever-Wandering Souls

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:So what he's thinking as well? I always do that . . .

I didn't get your wording.

Uh. I hope you get it now?

Fvaar, someone probably goan bite chu over the sig length, depending on how many lines it is on their screen. Spoilers count as 1.5 lines, I think. I can't remember. Anyway... I recommend floatlefts. Like so...

Code: Select all
[floatleft][spoiler=This][/spoiler][/floatleft][floatleft][spoiler=That][/spoiler][/floatleft]


It puts stuff on one line. Like this...



Just cradle each spoiler code with a floatleft and make sure the float codes are back to back. :p

Do I owe anyone replies?
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Man, I'm a bossy shit tonight! *laughs*
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Man, I'm a bossy shit tonight! *laughs*

:lol: work it!
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Man, I'm a bossy shit tonight! *laughs*


It's fun!
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19494
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Man, I'm a bossy shit tonight! *laughs*


Madam Boss of PL! *salutes*
P2TM Mentor, TG w/ RP questions
♦ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
Art
Blog
Independent stories
Support
Vanity page
adhouse

"Gio has said "fuck you" a few times prior in this chat.
At her phone, at a friend over the letter x, at poe's law,
at me once, at NA once, at pokemon a lot, at people
who do not like polishing rocks, at god, and I stopped
reading after page one of search results but there's two more"
—Ever-Wandering Souls

User avatar
Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20385
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Taking time replying, why?

Base is under attack. Small scale water fight in the Mountain Village area. Being supply man (aka Water Boy).

  • INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue


I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Swith is not simply a boss, she is a supreme leader.

*Nods, and hands out Cult-of-Swith pamphlets*

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33399
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Swith is not simply a boss, she is a supreme leader.

*Nods, and hands out Cult-of-Swith pamphlets*

Pretty sure this goes against my religion...
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Monfrox wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Swith is not simply a boss, she is a supreme leader.

*Nods, and hands out Cult-of-Swith pamphlets*

Pretty sure this goes against my religion...


The infidels must be suppressed!

Nobody expects the PL Inquisition!
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33937
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Pretty sure this goes against my religion...


The infidels must be suppressed!

Nobody expects the PL Inquisition!


I have pancakes.
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:46 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
The infidels must be suppressed!

Nobody expects the PL Inquisition!


I have pancakes.


You can't have pancakes! They're a special brand...
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Right! Well, I thought I'd make it a bit easier to actually get back into PL (because it's kinda hard when you only have one character and their limitations), so I broke out the new app code and made my second character to herald my return. Hopefully I didn't mess it up too badly.

*hides box 'o wolf cubs from Inquisition* @Tilt: Can I have the pancakes?

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Erucia

Character Name: Matuk Durz

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Orc

Character Physical Description: 36 years old and getting older, Matuk generally keeps a relatively good sense of personal hygiene if only for the sake of ruining it through spending a whole day (sometimes more) trapped inside of the cramped conditions of a workshop. He doesn't eat much nor is he particularly muscularly-built (for his species); he is relatively small for an orc, at 5'9" and ~180 lbs.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i.imgur.com/gPOc5Em.png

Physical Attributes:
Upper-body strength - 1 pt.
ᐧ While he is average or even below-average on strength for an orc, this makes Matuk somewhat above-average when physically compared to a human.

Character Unique Skills:
Engineer - 6 pts.
ᐧ Matuk is an incredibly talented and skilled engineer first and foremost: he specializes in the broad field of Yasudan avionics (since most of his training was given in that field), though his mind is never restricted to that sole field. He has blueprints for everything from toasters to tanks, though none of his ideas are *guaranteed* to work thanks to their oftentimes-complicated natures.
Mathematician - 4 pts.
ᐧ While he certainly has been taught by some of the best, Matuk isn't necessarily amongst them in mathematical skill. His later-mentioned wave function collapse engines relied largely on equations and principles defined by those before him, and he is prone to mistakes on the more complicated kinds of mathematical formulas. Of course, this doesn't eliminate his brilliant skill in the field (in comparison to most other people, and especially orcs).
'Artist' - 1 pt.
ᐧ Certainly no real artist, but Matuk does have the barebones essentials down to the point where he can effectively draw out his ideas onto a sheet of paper without scribbling or making a mess. (That's for when he tries to *explain* it.)

Character Powers: None.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Socially Inept
ᐧ This problem has never really gone away for Matuk: he is certainly capable in talking *at* people, but he can very easily crash and burn on a conversation. He has a horrific habit of mumbling what comes to mind and including it into the conversation.
Overthinker
ᐧ Sounds like it is; Matuk overthinks the simplest of issues at times. This oftentimes leads to excess waste and attention-to-detail that (again) leads to over-complication of his inventions.
"What's 'Cleaning'?"
ᐧ Just look at what homes he's had to himself: boxes upon boxes of miscellaneous papers, tinkerings, invention models, etc. are constantly found laying about and crowding the environment.

Character Background/Biography: Matuk Durz was born into life on the world of Yasuda, in the year 1953 A.B.L. (After Birth of the Light; religious effect on the start of the calender, similar to the 'After Death/A.D.' on the Christian Calender). Born to Orcish parents in the nation of Agrova, he experienced first-hand the effects of Easternization upon the predominantly-Orcish countries of the west. He held a fascination with technology from a young age, and his intelligence often made him the head-of-the-class in the rapidly-changing Orcish classrooms.

The key to understanding the environment of Matuk's childhood can be traced back to the mid-1600's, when explorers of the Elven Monarchies reported great interest in the stunningly beautiful grasslands of nations such as Agrova. The Orcish nations up to that point had run on a feudal system and placed honor in family kinship and the warrior tradition, though the status of this changed rapidly in the 1800's. Much of the traditional system was overtaken and replaced by Central and Eastern-style systems of placing more importance on Monarchy or Democracy over Feudal Clans, and more importantly the warrior tradition nearly vanished in the 1900's with importance being placed more on technological prowess. Tradition was further disrupted through vast modernization thanks to the discovery of Magic reserves on the lands of various Orcish nations, allowing those with access to use the great fuel potential that Magic brought.

Matuk's status as a peasant's child would have left him forgotten to the history books had the times not changed, and had his parents not been located closer to the advancing sprawl of urbanization that was (and is) the Agrovan capital. Basic schooling and the hardship of self-education eventually brought Matuk to be taken underneath an apprenticeship to a traveling Gnomish engineer at the age of 16, which allowed him to not only travel much of the world aboard an airship but also to further his knowledge of the technical workings of numerous objects. Matuk spent the next six years of his life away from home, and spending a further four years of the late 1970's living in one of the great Gnomish floating cities and studying underneath several different Gnomish and Dwarven engineers and physicists.

Only after becoming heralded by the engineering and scientific communities of the Esponir floating city did Matuk return home to Agrova with only one goal in mind: spread the inventing spirit to the Orcish. Several students and inventions later, Matuk's interest in modern innovations had spread beyond the borders of Agrova and helped to set Orcish engineers (and furthermore scientists) on the map.

But it was the gradual depletion of the world's Magic reserves that caught Matuk's eye during his period of professorhood, and grasped his interest. Magic as a resource only came naturally from Dragons, and could only be harvested from them: however, the latter had been declared extinct for dozens of years, and the oil-like substance that had become of the Ancient varieties was unarguably being used up too quickly with no alternative in sight. Matuk became obsessed with the concept of making inventions that were reliant on other forms of energy, though his early obsession starting in 1985 A.B.L. caused him great ridicule from numerous mainstream sources who were not confident that the depletion of Magic was an issue for the current generation.

However, along his path in 1989, Matuk drew up plans for an airship that used wave function collapse engines running on Methane Hydrates and used what strings he could pull to fund the creation of a prototype with the assistance of the Agrovan Ministry of Research. Matuk's invention was supposed to prove so successful as an example of an alternate-fuel airship that he would not only be entirely elevated in status to head his very own government research department, but that the Republic of Agrova was to field several dozen of the new (supersonic-capable) airships and become an Eastern military superpower through the span of the next dozen years. The proven use of Methane Hydrates would not only soften the blow that the Great Energy Crisis would bring in 26 years to the Central-continent Elven Monarchies who had been solely reliant on Magic to power most everything, but would also prevent the military aggression of the Magic-starven military superpower of Antar: thus avoiding a World War even more devastating than the first.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what did not happen. The intervention of his skeptical MoR backers called at the last minute for several rearrangements of the initial design, including the replacement of the purely Methane fuel source with a mixture of Magic and Methane Hydrates and the modification of the wave function collapse engines. This lead to an even more untested and unproven mingling of parts that resulted in a overly-complicated vessel, the A.A.S. Tycho: its maiden voyage in late June of 1989 would prove a disaster.

Just a few minutes into flight, the Tycho is recorded to have suffered a major power overload which resulted in the destruction of the vessel mid-air, over the aerial ports of the Agrovan capital. None of the remains of the 93 crew were ever successfully recovered from what remained of the wreckage, and another 15 dead on the ground meant that the wave function collapse engine concept was declared unsafe by the Agrovan government and all funding poured into alternative energies canned. Matuk Durz has been declared dead by the nation since that date, at the age of 36.

But as if the twists couldn't quite stop, Matuk is very much alive. And he's very much confused about having ended up lying in the midst of the forest just south of the Market District, with his clothing decently-tattered from shrapnel and covered in soot. However, his mindset is now gripped by the knowledge that allowing his own work to be tampered with has resulted in the assumed deaths of several dozen people.
Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Trapped in the Bielefeld universe with no way out, Matuk is an engineer by trade and will attempt to simply set-up shop here.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1287533/thumb ... cebook.jpg

Link to RP examples: Have I been gone that long? I really hope I don't have to give an example.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: 36-year-old Orcish inventor from an alternate universe. Brilliant (if over-complicating) engineer and mathematician.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33937
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:50 pm

With beef, Eru. *nods*
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:With beef, Eru. *nods*

*shares wolf cub box*

But you can't eat wolf cubs. No sauteed cub steak.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3115
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm

See you later, tropical reptiles.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33937
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:See you later, tropical reptiles.


:hug:
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:Man, I'm a bossy shit tonight! *laughs*


Madam Boss of PL! *salutes*

*Salutes!*

Bran is my first cultist. Oh no! PL, meet real life!
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Erucia wrote:Right! Well, I thought I'd make it a bit easier to actually get back into PL (because it's kinda hard when you only have one character and their limitations), so I broke out the new app code and made my second character to herald my return. Hopefully I didn't mess it up too badly.

*hides box 'o wolf cubs from Inquisition* @Tilt: Can I have the pancakes?

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Erucia

Character Name: Matuk Durz

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Orc

Character Physical Description: 36 years old and getting older, Matuk generally keeps a relatively good sense of personal hygiene if only for the sake of ruining it through spending a whole day (sometimes more) trapped inside of the cramped conditions of a workshop. He doesn't eat much nor is he particularly muscularly-built (for his species); he is relatively small for an orc, at 5'9" and ~180 lbs.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i.imgur.com/gPOc5Em.png

Physical Attributes:
Upper-body strength - 1 pt.
ᐧ While he is average or even below-average on strength for an orc, this makes Matuk somewhat above-average when physically compared to a human.

Character Unique Skills:
Engineer - 6 pts.
ᐧ Matuk is an incredibly talented and skilled engineer first and foremost: he specializes in the broad field of Yasudan avionics (since most of his training was given in that field), though his mind is never restricted to that sole field. He has blueprints for everything from toasters to tanks, though none of his ideas are *guaranteed* to work thanks to their oftentimes-complicated natures.
Mathematician - 4 pts.
ᐧ While he certainly has been taught by some of the best, Matuk isn't necessarily amongst them in mathematical skill. His later-mentioned wave function collapse engines relied largely on equations and principles defined by those before him, and he is prone to mistakes on the more complicated kinds of mathematical formulas. Of course, this doesn't eliminate his brilliant skill in the field (in comparison to most other people, and especially orcs).
'Artist' - 1 pt.
ᐧ Certainly no real artist, but Matuk does have the barebones essentials down to the point where he can effectively draw out his ideas onto a sheet of paper without scribbling or making a mess. (That's for when he tries to *explain* it.)

Character Powers: None.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Socially Inept
ᐧ This problem has never really gone away for Matuk: he is certainly capable in talking *at* people, but he can very easily crash and burn on a conversation. He has a horrific habit of mumbling what comes to mind and including it into the conversation.
Overthinker
ᐧ Sounds like it is; Matuk overthinks the simplest of issues at times. This oftentimes leads to excess waste and attention-to-detail that (again) leads to over-complication of his inventions.
"What's 'Cleaning'?"
ᐧ Just look at what homes he's had to himself: boxes upon boxes of miscellaneous papers, tinkerings, invention models, etc. are constantly found laying about and crowding the environment.

Character Background/Biography: Matuk Durz was born into life on the world of Yasuda, in the year 1953 A.B.L. (After Birth of the Light; religious effect on the start of the calender, similar to the 'After Death/A.D.' on the Christian Calender). Born to Orcish parents in the nation of Agrova, he experienced first-hand the effects of Easternization upon the predominantly-Orcish countries of the west. He held a fascination with technology from a young age, and his intelligence often made him the head-of-the-class in the rapidly-changing Orcish classrooms.

The key to understanding the environment of Matuk's childhood can be traced back to the mid-1600's, when explorers of the Elven Monarchies reported great interest in the stunningly beautiful grasslands of nations such as Agrova. The Orcish nations up to that point had run on a feudal system and placed honor in family kinship and the warrior tradition, though the status of this changed rapidly in the 1800's. Much of the traditional system was overtaken and replaced by Central and Eastern-style systems of placing more importance on Monarchy or Democracy over Feudal Clans, and more importantly the warrior tradition nearly vanished in the 1900's with importance being placed more on technological prowess. Tradition was further disrupted through vast modernization thanks to the discovery of Magic reserves on the lands of various Orcish nations, allowing those with access to use the great fuel potential that Magic brought.

Matuk's status as a peasant's child would have left him forgotten to the history books had the times not changed, and had his parents not been located closer to the advancing sprawl of urbanization that was (and is) the Agrovan capital. Basic schooling and the hardship of self-education eventually brought Matuk to be taken underneath an apprenticeship to a traveling Gnomish engineer at the age of 16, which allowed him to not only travel much of the world aboard an airship but also to further his knowledge of the technical workings of numerous objects. Matuk spent the next six years of his life away from home, and spending a further four years of the late 1970's living in one of the great Gnomish floating cities and studying underneath several different Gnomish and Dwarven engineers and physicists.

Only after becoming heralded by the engineering and scientific communities of the Esponir floating city did Matuk return home to Agrova with only one goal in mind: spread the inventing spirit to the Orcish. Several students and inventions later, Matuk's interest in modern innovations had spread beyond the borders of Agrova and helped to set Orcish engineers (and furthermore scientists) on the map.

But it was the gradual depletion of the world's Magic reserves that caught Matuk's eye during his period of professorhood, and grasped his interest. Magic as a resource only came naturally from Dragons, and could only be harvested from them: however, the latter had been declared extinct for dozens of years, and the oil-like substance that had become of the Ancient varieties was unarguably being used up too quickly with no alternative in sight. Matuk became obsessed with the concept of making inventions that were reliant on other forms of energy, though his early obsession starting in 1985 A.B.L. caused him great ridicule from numerous mainstream sources who were not confident that the depletion of Magic was an issue for the current generation.

However, along his path in 1989, Matuk drew up plans for an airship that used wave function collapse engines running on Methane Hydrates and used what strings he could pull to fund the creation of a prototype with the assistance of the Agrovan Ministry of Research. Matuk's invention was supposed to prove so successful as an example of an alternate-fuel airship that he would not only be entirely elevated in status to head his very own government research department, but that the Republic of Agrova was to field several dozen of the new (supersonic-capable) airships and become an Eastern military superpower through the span of the next dozen years. The proven use of Methane Hydrates would not only soften the blow that the Great Energy Crisis would bring in 26 years to the Central-continent Elven Monarchies who had been solely reliant on Magic to power most everything, but would also prevent the military aggression of the Magic-starven military superpower of Antar: thus avoiding a World War even more devastating than the first.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what did not happen. The intervention of his skeptical MoR backers called at the last minute for several rearrangements of the initial design, including the replacement of the purely Methane fuel source with a mixture of Magic and Methane Hydrates and the modification of the wave function collapse engines. This lead to an even more untested and unproven mingling of parts that resulted in a overly-complicated vessel, the A.A.S. Tycho: its maiden voyage in late June of 1989 would prove a disaster.

Just a few minutes into flight, the Tycho is recorded to have suffered a major power overload which resulted in the destruction of the vessel mid-air, over the aerial ports of the Agrovan capital. None of the remains of the 93 crew were ever successfully recovered from what remained of the wreckage, and another 15 dead on the ground meant that the wave function collapse engine concept was declared unsafe by the Agrovan government and all funding poured into alternative energies canned. Matuk Durz has been declared dead by the nation since that date, at the age of 36.

But as if the twists couldn't quite stop, Matuk is very much alive. And he's very much confused about having ended up lying in the midst of the forest just south of the Market District, with his clothing decently-tattered from shrapnel and covered in soot. However, his mindset is now gripped by the knowledge that allowing his own work to be tampered with has resulted in the assumed deaths of several dozen people.
Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Trapped in the Bielefeld universe with no way out, Matuk is an engineer by trade and will attempt to simply set-up shop here.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1287533/thumb ... cebook.jpg

Link to RP examples: Have I been gone that long? I really hope I don't have to give an example.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: 36-year-old Orcish inventor from an alternate universe. Brilliant (if over-complicating) engineer and mathematician.

I like him! Cer's supposed to log on before we leave tomorrow night. Send the link to his TG so he knows it's here.


You guys won't go through 200 IC pages in a week, right?
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:See you later, tropical reptiles.

*offers box of wolf cubs*

@Swith: Right, thanks! If everyone on PL was like I've been for the past few months, we wouldn't make it past one page in a week.
Last edited by Erucia on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buna Niko cf, Cainesland, Novas Arcanum, Petrokovia, Plzen, Socialist Democratic Hryvina, The Surge Empire, Tumblrena

Advertisement

Remove ads