NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
3
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
12
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
2
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
21
55%
 
Total votes : 38

User avatar
Ordealius
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1643
Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordealius » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Ordealius wrote:You guys! You were supposed to ignore it!!


Apply or get out.

Oh, you have to apply? Woops. Srry about that. Ill be gone.
Membre actuel de la Partie d'apathie
I realize people love to push buttons. Here you go!
Hater of Hugs. Don't judge me. Or hug me...
I live in Nashville.
Play Piano, Drum Set, Percussion, Electric Bass, and Ukulele. Sarcastic. Tend to accidently tick people off. Manager of Belle Stern Cirque.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Ordealius wrote:You guys! You were supposed to ignore it!!

Please leave. Thank you.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 pm

The BranRiech wrote:If it's not about me, then don't mention me as a bad example unless you'd like my opinion on the matter. It's always the bad examples, that's why I think I'm bad at everything. People are always pointing out when I fuck things up, and yet never praise me for the good things I do. It makes me think everything I do is rubbish.

I know Swith's a valuable tool, and I feel like I've benefited from it, but I never get a reaction to any improvement on my end.

Aks, that all seems fine in concept, for the characters that are actually used to experimenting on things, such as Prim's and NVE's, Natiya's not a scientist, when it gets too difficult for her, I moved her out because she already tried everything she'd realistically try. She wouldn't stay to think up an elaborate plan to kill the plant.

I meant experiment as in for the PLAYERS to practice being more inventive in their posts. The plant doesn't need an elaborate plan. at all. It would take one thing to solve it.....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Also, a quick note: moderation really would appreciate it if you didn't directly quote offending posts, because then they have to delete yours as well.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Cerillium wrote:Swith, open an II thread. Teach.

I'm Far Future Tech, Cer. He's Modern Tech although straining to be classified Post Modern. Do the slots. MT to PMT to NFT to FT to FFT. I can take on NFT and be fair about it, but I won't take on MT or MPT. Even if I blur it to a generalized MT to PMT to FT, that's still a slot jump and unfair. He's not actually PMT which means he's not in my league. It would be like Dani thumping a MT player.

And shame on you. You know how Diplomacy is supposed to work. You don't open threads to prove shit. You open threads for the spirit of the game and the opportunity for both nations to grow.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:And shame on you. You know how Diplomacy is supposed to work. You don't open threads to prove shit. You open threads for the spirit of the game and the opportunity for both nations to grow.

My apologies, Torsi. Diplomacy crap brings out a very nasty side of me. It's why I retired.

Swith is right.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:And shame on you. You know how Diplomacy is supposed to work. You don't open threads to prove shit. You open threads for the spirit of the game and the opportunity for both nations to grow.

My apologies, Torsi. Diplomacy crap brings out a very nasty side of me. It's why I retired.

Swith is right.


Me too, I guess....

I can respect that.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:And shame on you. You know how Diplomacy is supposed to work. You don't open threads to prove shit. You open threads for the spirit of the game and the opportunity for both nations to grow.

My apologies, Torsi. Diplomacy crap brings out a very nasty side of me. It's why I retired.

Swith is right.

Thank you, Cerber. I'm sorry, too, Torsi. There's a nasty egotistical aspect to nations/wars/International Incidents. Banquets and symposiums and silly parties are the kind side. Wars and hostility aren't. I thrived in the dark parts until I created my Swith account and participated in the light.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33944
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:01 pm

I feel compelled to make a number of observations here.

Swith Witherward wrote:Bran, your point is moot. If we eliminate the player run garbage (that's what most of it is at the moment, excluding a few brilliant ones), then you won't have to "plan" anything out because you'll be too busy in OOC trying to plan with other players on how you can tackle the situation at hand. We've had this conversation before. The reason people didn't want to play with your character PRIOR to you making some awesome changes to him, was because for the longest while people couldn't count on you as a player to not turn your characters into animals when bored, or else to walk away from something vital during a lull. So, you stopped doing that weird stuff, and we're about to kick into several wicked stories... you won't have to worry about being excluded anymore.


The TF gun. Let MB screw around with it occasionally. Bran's a father. He can't gallivant around turning into a robot vacuum or whatever else I came up with, using 'Random article' on Wikipedia, anymore. (This isn't to say that he can't turn into things, but don't overdo it. For example, I could envision a Mer-family scene that would actually be quite touching, but that's probably just my brain in a steak-fed state of well-being.)

Exclusion. Swith's got it mostly covered. Ceril did planning for Crucible, and probably the Pet Show event, behind the scenes. I did it differently. I asked each and every one of you to list your characters' strengths as you saw them. I'm taking that into account, just as Ceril did/is doing. If you have any suggestions on how to improve my GMing, voice them.




The BranRiech wrote:I, honestly don't know what I can do to stop these things. It give me something to do, and I always know someone would be free to discuss romance and assorted shite. Whenever I post that a character is someplace, no one ever takes notice unless it's about a relationship, then I get dragged into it somple because it's something to do.


You're giving up too soon. And honestly, I feel like the romance is getting overblown. It's bullshit. This, coming from the guy who runs characters (Conservators) based almost entirely around that. Makes one stop and think, doesn't it? To be completely honest, it's why Dora is the only one who's 'ship happy. Luce and Chrys, as newer characters or in later iterations, not so much. Tasia just wants to get laid.

Swith is right. It's fine, in and of itself. But this constant overdosing is not helping matters. As a continuation...

Swith Witherward wrote:I could kill any one of our characters and it wouldn't matter beans. Do you want to know why? Because this isn't Torii Life or Swith Life or Bran Life or even Chrys Life. We're all actors on the stage telling a story. You guys need to make the thread the primary story and your drama secondary to it....Kei, Ti and Katya don't have a purpose in life. Find one for them... or let the OP find one for them. You'll see a new intensity to your game play moments.


...even if they have a purpose in life, I am still capable of killing my own characters off. I half wanted to have Tasia kill Dora just to put a stop to the biggest source of UST among my own people. I still might. This is precisely what I mean when I throw that line around about being a firm believer in the Spooks school of character management. I may kill characters at any time, for any reason, as long as it serves a purpose to the story.




The BranRiech wrote:I also feel like Torii some times, that my characters just wouldn't work for the situation. Things in PL generally try challenging people. That's all fine and dandy, but they usually try to be challenging to the superpowered god-characters, leaving basically no chance for the weaker characters to get in and do anything, and when they could help, they're turned away.


I don't recall seeing Gio raising any objections. Her character isn't combat-oriented. I have no objections, now that Dora is depowered. She can't shoot her way out of a wet paper bag because she'd miss even if she were inside it. As for Tasia? Note what Tasia has done. She has the same fighting skills and reflexes as Dora. She could easily have taken Yoshi out in hand-to-hand combat (using Dora vs Akito, as a similar ex-Conservator/Urranese confrontation). Instead, what did she do? She poisoned him. She ambushed the Cuban salesman NPC and burned him alive. There's always a way for even the weakest character to do something unexpected. Hell, even Cuisine (who has absolutely no fighting skill other than blindly, furiously waving a meat cleaver back and forth) could fuck up someone's day something awful if he got into blade range.
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:03 pm

I was trying to explain the thinking of my nation in all of this. We knew giving in to Swith Witherward was the right choice because the government is frankly tired of war, and like North Korea, they know that if they start something, it'd be national suicide to continue forwards. If Torsiedelle wants to seize all the jointly-owned bases and installations by force as we leave the newly free nations to themselves again, then let them do it, our nation wouldn't be allied with them for their discriminatory policies anyways.

User avatar
ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 482
Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Your Nation's Nickname: Aperture

Character Name (can be different than nation name): Dr. Stephen P. Koontz

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like: Linkity

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): None

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Arrogent, Short Sighted, Reckless

Character Background: Dr. Koontz is a scientist who was part of the Perpetual Testing Initiative that was sent to find alternate versions of Aperture to unwittingly build test chambers. He specialized in Applied Quantum Physics and the development of the Aperture Science Multiversal Portal Device. Dr. Koontz arrived in this Universe with only the Aperture Science Emergency Science Kit, and got stranded after some meddling dinosaurs cut his link back to Aperture. Now he has to find a way back.

Additional Notes: There will be no mention of cake...except there.

URL to Apartment Picture: None as of yet...

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.) None as of yet......without giving away my secret identity.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: An Applied Quantum Physicist who is not eager to return to the job that consumed his life. He remains dedicated to SCIENCE!!! but would rather have a job that lets him go outside to the surface...and one that pays real money. He lives the Aperture Science philosophy of "Doing what we must, because we can."
Last edited by ApertureScienceInc on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pioneer of the Terminal-style Factbook!

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:09 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I was trying to explain the thinking of my nation in all of this. We knew giving in to Swith Witherward was the right choice because the government is frankly tired of war, and like North Korea, they know that if they start something, it'd be national suicide to continue forwards. If Torsiedelle wants to seize all the jointly-owned bases and installations by force as we leave the newly free nations to themselves again, then let them do it, our nation wouldn't be allied with them for their discriminatory policies anyways.

You pretty much stated that in your JP with me. :)

However, I think PL needs to leave Europe alone. We might have players who want to join but are from one of those former holdings. I don't mind players bringing their nations in here but we have to be more open minded because it's an all-genre RP. That's why 40K is weak and Gio's paintbrush is strong. Concessions, allowances and a general acceptance that everything has a limited and too much of anything is too much of everything.

If Torsi wants to claim those nations, that's fine. He can do it... in a Diplomacy thread. Not here. This is P2TM.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:However, I think PL needs to leave Europe alone. We might have players who want to join but are from one of those former holdings. I don't mind players bringing their nations in here but we have to be more open minded because it's an all-genre RP. That's why 40K is weak and Gio's paintbrush is strong. Concessions, allowances and a general acceptance that everything has a limited and too much of anything is too much of everything.

If Torsi wants to claim those nations, that's fine. He can do it... in a Diplomacy thread. Not here. This is P2TM.

And on that note, that's why I refused to stick my country in the PL universe. It'd be too much of an impact if I did. Why can't people just make additional landmasses instead of building on used plots?
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I don't recall seeing Gio raising any objections. Her character isn't combat-oriented. I have no objections, now that Dora is depowered. She can't shoot her way out of a wet paper bag because she'd miss even if she were inside it. As for Tasia? Note what Tasia has done. She has the same fighting skills and reflexes as Dora. She could easily have taken Yoshi out in hand-to-hand combat (using Dora vs Akito, as a similar ex-Conservator/Urranese confrontation). Instead, what did she do? She poisoned him. She ambushed the Cuban salesman NPC and burned him alive. There's always a way for even the weakest character to do something unexpected. Hell, even Cuisine (who has absolutely no fighting skill other than blindly, furiously waving a meat cleaver back and forth) could fuck up someone's day something awful if he got into blade range.

But when, recently, have my characters been faced with something they'd need to be clever for? To me as a player, the SCP just seemed invincible to everyone but the super-characters. Other than that, there's been nothing for me to do. It means I need to resort to bullshit conversation about romance, because that's the only thing characters want to talk about anymore with mine. None of my characters would ever want to poison someone, their hand-to hand skills are nearly non-existent, and they can't challenge a god at all. What could any of them possibly do now? I'd surely appreciate if people started giving them things to do, but that's the problem, isn't it. People don't give me things to do unless I complain enough.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:16 pm

ApertureScienceInc wrote:Your Nation's Nickname: Aperture

Character Name (can be different than nation name): Dr. Stephen P. Koontz

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like: Linkity

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): None

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Arrogent, Short Sighted, Reckless

Character Background: Dr. Koontz is a scientist who was part of the Perpetual Testing Initiative that was sent to find alternate versions of Aperture to unwittingly build test chambers. He specialized in Applied Quantum Physics and the development of the Aperture Science Multiversal Portal Device. Dr. Koontz arrived in this Universe with only the Aperture Science Emergency Science Kit, and got stranded after some meddling dinosaurs cut his link back to Aperture. Now he has to find a way back.

Additional Notes: There will be no mention of cake...except there.

URL to Apartment Picture: None as of yet...

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.) None as of yet......without giving away my secret identity.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: An Applied Quantum Physicist who is not eager to return to the job that consumed his life. He remains dedicated to SCIENCE!!! but would rather have a job that lets him go outside to the surface...and one that pays real money. He lives the Aperture Science philosophy of "Doing what we must, because we can."

I swear to gawd, that NVE. Or else NVE's soul mate.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Bone Fort
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8148
Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:18 pm

The BranRiech wrote:But when, recently, have my characters been faced with something they'd need to be clever for? To me as a player, the SCP just seemed invincible to everyone but the super-characters. Other than that, there's been nothing for me to do. It means I need to resort to bullshit conversation about romance, because that's the only thing characters want to talk about anymore with mine. None of my characters would ever want to poison someone, their hand-to hand skills are nearly non-existent, and they can't challenge a god at all. What could any of them possibly do now? I'd surely appreciate if people started giving them things to do, but that's the problem, isn't it. People don't give me things to do unless I complain enough.


http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:I don't recall seeing Gio raising any objections. Her character isn't combat-oriented. I have no objections, now that Dora is depowered. She can't shoot her way out of a wet paper bag because she'd miss even if she were inside it. As for Tasia? Note what Tasia has done. She has the same fighting skills and reflexes as Dora. She could easily have taken Yoshi out in hand-to-hand combat (using Dora vs Akito, as a similar ex-Conservator/Urranese confrontation). Instead, what did she do? She poisoned him. She ambushed the Cuban salesman NPC and burned him alive. There's always a way for even the weakest character to do something unexpected. Hell, even Cuisine (who has absolutely no fighting skill other than blindly, furiously waving a meat cleaver back and forth) could fuck up someone's day something awful if he got into blade range.

But when, recently, have my characters been faced with something they'd need to be clever for? To me as a player, the SCP just seemed invincible to everyone but the super-characters. Other than that, there's been nothing for me to do. It means I need to resort to bullshit conversation about romance, because that's the only thing characters want to talk about anymore with mine. None of my characters would ever want to poison someone, their hand-to hand skills are nearly non-existent, and they can't challenge a god at all. What could any of them possibly do now? I'd surely appreciate if people started giving them things to do, but that's the problem, isn't it. People don't give me things to do unless I complain enough.

But the point is: it gives you as a player a chance to try fighting something and stuff like tht.... And it's better then having to learn that when characters are mortally threatened....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33944
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:22 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:I don't recall seeing Gio raising any objections. Her character isn't combat-oriented. I have no objections, now that Dora is depowered. She can't shoot her way out of a wet paper bag because she'd miss even if she were inside it. As for Tasia? Note what Tasia has done. She has the same fighting skills and reflexes as Dora. She could easily have taken Yoshi out in hand-to-hand combat (using Dora vs Akito, as a similar ex-Conservator/Urranese confrontation). Instead, what did she do? She poisoned him. She ambushed the Cuban salesman NPC and burned him alive. There's always a way for even the weakest character to do something unexpected. Hell, even Cuisine (who has absolutely no fighting skill other than blindly, furiously waving a meat cleaver back and forth) could fuck up someone's day something awful if he got into blade range.

But when, recently, have my characters been faced with something they'd need to be clever for? To me as a player, the SCP just seemed invincible to everyone but the super-characters. Other than that, there's been nothing for me to do (1). It means I need to resort to bullshit conversation about romance, because that's the only thing characters want to talk about anymore with mine (2). None of my characters would ever want to poison someone (3), their hand-to hand skills are nearly non-existent (4), and they can't challenge a god at all (5). What could any of them possibly do now? I'd surely appreciate if people started giving them things to do, but that's the problem, isn't it. People don't give me things to do unless I complain enough.


1 - Explosion. Helicopter.
2 - Well, then, change the subject to something Bran or Rylli or Natiya would want to talk about. What is Natiya doing to occupy her time while Aleki is away? What is Rylli doing with Tolya? It might seem "dull" but there's plenty of room for development there. What does Bran think of all his career changes? Breakfast chef -> TF gun entrepreneur -> helo pilot.
3 - Humans are capable of anything. If it was the only way for Rylli to put down someone threatening Tolya/Rachelle, would she? Someone - I think it was Prim - had the right of it when he said something along the lines of the greatest drama being a person in conflict with their own morals? - Meh, fuck it, I can't even paraphrase it. But you get the idea.
4 - This would be taken into account.
5 - Which is why there are power levels.
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 pm

*wanders in and tosses crumpled costume aside*
So...yeah about the City "Super League" Only Fortu and maybe Arthur would be a part of that. I'm trying a darker direction to see what that does. Frankly the raptors don't care about the city, they only fought the Drones because of a rivalry.

And I didn't have superheroes growing up. Mother said, "God said no supermen or batmans." But now she liked when I took her to see Iron Man....I like Iron Man.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:26 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:I don't recall seeing Gio raising any objections. Her character isn't combat-oriented. I have no objections, now that Dora is depowered. She can't shoot her way out of a wet paper bag because she'd miss even if she were inside it. As for Tasia? Note what Tasia has done. She has the same fighting skills and reflexes as Dora. She could easily have taken Yoshi out in hand-to-hand combat (using Dora vs Akito, as a similar ex-Conservator/Urranese confrontation). Instead, what did she do? She poisoned him. She ambushed the Cuban salesman NPC and burned him alive. There's always a way for even the weakest character to do something unexpected. Hell, even Cuisine (who has absolutely no fighting skill other than blindly, furiously waving a meat cleaver back and forth) could fuck up someone's day something awful if he got into blade range.

But when, recently, have my characters been faced with something they'd need to be clever for? To me as a player, the SCP just seemed invincible to everyone but the super-characters. Other than that, there's been nothing for me to do. It means I need to resort to bullshit conversation about romance, because that's the only thing characters want to talk about anymore with mine. None of my characters would ever want to poison someone, their hand-to hand skills are nearly non-existent, and they can't challenge a god at all. What could any of them possibly do now? I'd surely appreciate if people started giving them things to do, but that's the problem, isn't it. People don't give me things to do unless I complain enough.

Bran have your character go buy weed killer. NA hinted earlier and Torsi even mentioned it.

To be fair... when was the last time you allowed the OPs to give you something to do? (Other than the helicopter thing, Natiya going in to Atosh's lair as a spy, Swith asking Bran to teach her how to shoot a camera, etc.)

I promised you that Bran and Swith would hang out. But, when I tried, my character was pushed away because I was at work. Instead, it turned into this silly "they should catfight" stuff over Bran. I couldn't interact with Bran like the old days because you and Torsi started fast posting and that excluded Swith while I was offline. I did my best to set up "isn't this just like the old days?" on the airplane to Urran. But then my character encountered Torsi's jealous character and, as a player, I wasn't online when you guys were posting. I don't think you realize how often you've excluded me from your stuff simply because I wasn't online to post.

*hugs* NVE, was that you?
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I still wonder how Torii can be a good character. She has the strength, determination, stubbornness, daring, and everything else, but what about her age? That's a limitation that she hates. That, and she generally hates the city's government. for the Apartment-Dweller defenders, as previously stated, she would probably join, though not being happy about it. She really wants recognition, as selfish as that sounds. She wants to help others, and be a good person, but being outdone or pushed aside by stronger folks make her jealous and mad, and then she just wants to be recognized and be the hero. She also realizes that she's changed over the months, and now she wants to change back to the mature, angered, active "soldier". That's what I sorta wanna do with her.

Isn"t she like the juvenile delinquent? She gets in trouble with authority, adults, offends others, cusses, she used to drink, she is easily angered, or violent...

Like, fo'real, she so cray.

Swith Witherward wrote:Bran have your character go buy weed killer. NA hinted earlier and Torsi even mentioned it.


Holy crap, you mean that would actually work? I was just kinda joking on that one.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:31 pm

New Aksarben wrote:But the point is: it gives you as a player a chance to try fighting something and stuff like tht.... And it's better then having to learn that when characters are mortally threatened....

But when was I supposed to know that? You only said that just today, after I already had Natiya exit the scene. I just thought it was something to defeat, and my character couldn't defeat it with what she had, so she left.

--

Tilt:

The explosion is the exception, the only major thing any of my characters have taken place in since Swith and Cer had Natiya and Aleki go in dressed as Gestapo agents. That was fun, that's something I'd do again in an instant. The thing is though, and like I always say, there's always better character suited for the job. People want something repaired, they either do it themselves or go find a tech-priest. People want someone to do something action-ey, they go for someone else.

You get where I'm going with that. If I don't fit into any adventures, I expect people to bring the adventure to me, when I post what a character is doing, I'm hoping that something cool will arise out of it rather than simple, boring conversation.

And Swith, you're right about that, seriously, you are. I never liked leaving people hanging, especially if I want to wait for you but I get a "Is [Insert character here] going to get a response?"

It makes me feel obligated to post for them, leaving your character behind.

I still want them to hang out, and I still want things to do from the OP's, because you all know what you're doing.

User avatar
Bone Fort
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8148
Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Torii, even a monkey can type Shakespeare.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:*hugs* NVE, was that you?

...
*jumps out window*
Yeah you got me. I was hoping to keep in disguise a bit longer.

User avatar
Bone Fort
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8148
Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Bone Fort » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:35 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:*hugs* NVE, was that you?

...
*jumps out window*
Yeah you got me. I was hoping to keep in disguise a bit longer.


Psssh, I sent in a stealth puppet a long ass time ago and you all still haven't figured it out yet.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Auropa, Duhon, Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Vaquas

Advertisement

Remove ads