Lacus Magni 4–5 The Inevitable Syndicate
Lacus Magni: Unknown / Syndicate: Birch 26', 42' , Mitchell 11', 52' , Pratt 84'
After a troubling loss to Western Cuba, the Syndicate managed to pull back a victory against Lacus Magni, 4-5. A high scoring game meant the team had to be on point with their attacks at all times, with many shots on target and many goals scored by both teams. Mitchell kicked off the score-fest with a brilliant goal in the 11th minute, to which Lacus Magni retaliated by scoring two goals in the first half. Birch wasn't having any of this, and as a result scored from a corner in the 26th, and got a brilliant cross from Pratt in an unusual reverse play just before the end of the first half.
The second half was just as explosive, with Mitchell scoring another goal just minutes in, and Pratt finishing the game with a fifth and final goal, but not before Lacus Magni could pop a final goal in to bring the score up to 4-5. Overall, an exciting and tense game. Here's hoping our spate of luck continues against Silar tomorrow, which should be a blast from the past.
Chapter i. Negotiations
Chapter ii. Raiders of a Lost Art
Chapter iii. Some Assembly Required
Chapter iv. The Syndicatian Intelligence Agency
A Story of Syndicatian Climate Change
Chapter v. Hidden in Plane Sight
“Why is there so much alcohol on the menu?” Andrew exclaimed, “Nobody drinks! What happened to the days where you had things like orange juice on planes? Can I have an orange juice? Where's the service staff? Do I have to get it all myself?”
To make matters worse, the SIA had booked Administrator Browne a window seat, and she was sat next to him, so there was no way that things were going to quiet down any time soon.
The Chess team decided to spend their time back at the SIA looking on the Datalink for any clues that could tell them where the fabled artefact was hidden. It seemed that wherever it was, the Ahlenfi people wanted it well hidden, as many results turned up nothing.
After the plane journey, the team stepped (well, most of them, Andrew ran) off the plane, and the heat of Khabu hit them like a freight train. This was certainly not what anyone in the Syndicate was used to, and if the climate change was to keep up, this would be the worst of it. Stephen Jones seemed inspired by this fact, and made a brisk walk for arrivals to collect his suitcase. Andrew followed suit, not only rather scared being in another country on something other than a negotiation, but also because he wanted be rid of the airport as soon as possible. Craig Daniel took this opportunity to strike a conversation with Bones.
“So, you see that football result? We won, but just barely. Wasn’t too bad!”
“I don't care for football, Daniel.”
“And you call yourself a Syndicatian? Blimey, where's your sense of pride? I guess, what with me being a quarter Audioslavian, the love of the game brushes off on me. That, and the love of a good drink. Don't you agree, Bones?”
“I don't care for alcohol, Daniel.”
“Bloody hell, you don't care for much, do you Ariana? I figured you'd be more... adventurous. Or is it just a front for your gooey interior?”
“I don't care for small talk, Craig!”
“Hah, fine!” said the agent, as he walked through the doors to the airport, “We'll make some big talk, then. I think this whole thing is a load of codswallop. There can't be such a thing as a flaming Meteoricon, really? You've just pulled this whole stunt to take Browne for a ride, right? Are you hired by Freenex to send him out the country?” he laughed. “But anyway. Let's say this weather-machine does exist, what are we going to do once we find it? The Ahlenfi authorities would be all over us – by which I mean you, I'm far too good to be caught – and I can name over one hundred countries that would kill for a device like this, and we're going to snatch it from under all their noses?”
Ariana Bones sighed. She didn't say anything. It seemed that she had no comeback. She silently grabbed her suitcase, walked passed Daniel, and towards the exit of the airport.
“Huh, I guess she's getting a bit hot under the collar...”









and GOOOAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!! 





