NATION

PASSWORD

What Makes a Successful Storefront? (Statistical Study)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:48 pm

I think another reason people are getting out of the arms dealing industry is pretty much what you said. However at the same time lots of players are getting their own weapons or such, many to prideful to switch to better looking or better written up armaments. Then you have to factor in noobs, who go for the big players or the ones who spam the most pictures of guns.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Very good work that you did here, UG. :bow:
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: What Makes a Successful Storefront? (Statistical Study)

Postby Yohannes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Very nice job United Gordonopia! :)
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:33 am

Presumably my airport (the only of my storefronts ever to really work) would have been in the study; while air transport storefronts are always quite popular, few of them generally persist for long as they reach design capacity or just get lost in the pages of GE&T. Mine has the advantage of regular bumping (or, at least, had) and of IC expansions that gave it the momentum to keep growing as a relatively well-known airport.

There's a certain disproportionality that comes from counting conglomerates and parent firms combined; countries like Maltropia, which has a large number of small competing firms, would appear to have less of a presence than countries like ViZion, who likes to lump his companies together under a few umbrellas. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but that anything you extrapolate from this study would have to be taken with caution if you're putting storefronts together.

On the whole, of course, it's yet another deeply fascinating survey by UG. If there were a "Give all your life savings to another NSer" option I would be using it right now.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 am

Maltropia wrote:If there were a "Give all your life savings to another NSer" option I would be using it right now.

-Goes to work on a new... storefront... and sets up a bank account in the Caymans-
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Previous

Return to Global Economics and Trade