NATION

PASSWORD

Organisation for Economic Advancement

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eslovakia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Delba wrote:I'm interested

nay
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Some good info on Sweden
Birkaine wrote:Idiots who are not only aware of their idiocy but hell bent on keeping it regardless of how much disruption they cause deserve to eat a dick
Birkaine wrote:How about we have a thread that's just about some guy getting a back alley handjob from a New Delhi whore but we write it in such technical and obtuse language that the mods won't notice? First one to get banned loses.

Birkaine wrote:Are you seriously trying to turn this into a conversation on whether or not you're a human?
2QTBSTR8 ~ oHai thar! ~ I'm Bisexual, for LGBT rights and this is how I live my life regardless of other peoples opinions.
If you support LGBT rights, feel free to add this to your signature ~~~ヾ(^∇^)

Eslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eslovakia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Delba wrote:I'm interested

I have checked your posting history in the NationStates forums.

I will not vote an aye or nay on this one, as I personally have never seen you on the Global Economics & Trade forum before. I encourage members of this organisation to vote on Delba's entry into OEA. Aye or Nay.

We might also want to get a fixed system when dealing with such issues since applications will be rife. Something along these lines just as an example to handle things more efficiently. I'd understand we'd need an OOC and IC thread.
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Some good info on Sweden
Birkaine wrote:Idiots who are not only aware of their idiocy but hell bent on keeping it regardless of how much disruption they cause deserve to eat a dick
Birkaine wrote:How about we have a thread that's just about some guy getting a back alley handjob from a New Delhi whore but we write it in such technical and obtuse language that the mods won't notice? First one to get banned loses.

Birkaine wrote:Are you seriously trying to turn this into a conversation on whether or not you're a human?
2QTBSTR8 ~ oHai thar! ~ I'm Bisexual, for LGBT rights and this is how I live my life regardless of other peoples opinions.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

braaap
Retired

ViZion
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm

I would have to say no as of right now.

Delba, I would advise you to set up a storefront and get a presence in here (and/or get involved in roleplays in International Incidents and have some connection to economic-related things) so that people would get a better idea of how you'll be able to assist.

With that said, Yohannes & other members, should we have a separate membership for people who are looking for help?
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Delba
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Delba » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm

ViZion wrote:I would have to say no as of right now.

Delba, I would advise you to set up a storefront and get a presence in here (and/or get involved in roleplays in International Incidents and have some connection to economic-related things) so that people would get a better idea of how you'll be able to assist.

With that said, Yohannes & other members, should we have a separate membership for people who are looking for help?

That seems fair. I would like to withdraw my name from consideration at the moment.
PRIME MINISTER: DAVID GROVER (CONSERVATIVE)
OPPOSITION LEADER: DEBORAH BROWN (SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC)
MINISTER OF FOREIGN RELATIONS: JANICE CARMEN

ASSEMBLY MAKE-UP:
39/100 Conservative
29/100 Social Democratic
21/100 Citizens for a United Delba
11/100 United Worker's Liberation Front

RANKED GREEN by Namor People's Ratings Bureau.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Organisation for Economic Advancement

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 pm

To everyone, I am going to add 'Global Economics & Trade Presence' under the opening post to indicate the market presence of OEA's members. If all of you can list every single active storefronts of yours in this forum (so that I can put it @OP), that would be great. :p

Eslovakia wrote:We might also want to get a fixed system when dealing with such issues since applications will be rife. Something along these lines just as an example to handle things more efficiently.

I agree with you that that will be an efficient system. I actually was thinking about implementing something like a single application requirement system, but I was a bit afraid that it will create unnecessary bureaucracy, instead of simply having an initial period of time for members to vote 'Aye' or 'Nay' on new entries (as well as checking the applicant's posting history).

I would like to hear everyone's opinion. Shall we implement a standardised application system as the Hon member Eslovakia has suggested? And if so, what will be the system like? Anyone have any recommendations?

Eslovakia wrote:I'd understand we'd need an OOC and IC thread.

I firmly believe that we should keep our thread in one thread - for both OOC and IC. That way, we can promote ourself more and much easily. IC and OOC can easily be separated by either using the OOC or IC tag. They can always be observed by reading the content of the post in question.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:22 pm

ViZion wrote:With that said, Yohannes & other members, should we have a separate membership for people who are looking for help?

I actually like your idea there ViZion. Let's wait for the opinions of the other members.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:29 pm

I'd like to join if it's fine; this sounds like an interesting idea.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Virana

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Virana wrote:I'd like to join if it's fine; this sounds like an interesting idea.

Welcome! I believe there will be no objections from the other Hon members of this assembly? :p

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Milograd wrote:braaap

Welcome! I believe there will be no ojections there? :p

Eslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eslovakia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Virana wrote:I'd like to join if it's fine; this sounds like an interesting idea.

Welcome! I believe there will be no objections from the other Hon members of this assembly? :p

I'm k with it
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Some good info on Sweden

New Tarajan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Tarajan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 pm

And finally - welcome aboard.

Thank you very much, Yohannes.

Now, if I could express my opinion on the question of an official application form, I support this idea, for the simple reason that it would help the organization and simplify the check of the requests.
Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan
Proud Founder and Secretary General of the SECURS
Minister for Foreign Alliances of the Anti-Terror Pact; Report Officer of the Committee of Genocide Reports and Notifications; Member of the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of NationStates; Member of the United Regions; Member of the Organization for Economic Advancement
Count Carl August Van Hoenkel
Baroness Augustine Van Geldern

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:55 pm

I'll be in, I suppose.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Delba wrote:That seems fair. I would like to withdraw my name from consideration at the moment.

Remember that you don't need to be a member to TG people with your questions or ask at the GE&T Help Desk. :)

I'll post a list of my storefronts soonish, but it is rather long. And of course, we'd better be ready to run as soon as ViZion posts his. :p

EDIT: Voting yea on Sondstead and Emmeria.
Last edited by Maltropia on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Delba wrote:That seems fair. I would like to withdraw my name from consideration at the moment.

Remember that you don't need to be a member to TG people with your questions or ask at the GE&T Help Desk. :)

I'll post a list of my storefronts soonish, but it is rather long. And of course, we'd better be ready to run as soon as ViZion posts his. :p

haha I'm thinking, instead of posting every single individual storefront, if I could post my 3 conglomerates and then people can scan through those, plus my non-conglom storefronts. Simplifies it, and wouldn't take me a year to list. haha

If needed, I'll post them all though. :)

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:13 pm

"Active" would be a stretch for some of these, though all but two are currently open and I have plans to expand those in the future.

I've also been thinking of merging the less successful ones (Norn Ironworks, TAP and Ardnacrusha Naval Yards) into one storefront and seeing how that fares rather than watch them all fail individually.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Maltropia wrote:EDIT: Voting yea on Sondstead and Emmeria.

Hey, I was already on the invite list! :p

Maltropia wrote:Norn Ironworks

Oh, I see what you did there... :lol:

I only one have one proper storefront (which at this point you've probably all heard of... :p ), but if we're counting airports, there's also Nörditser Windstrand International Airport
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Nope, ever heard of it.

/lie

:p

It's a nice storefront btw, Sond.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 pm

So..... I suppose I'll become a member, being a co-operator of Gemballa Avionic Development.
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Akimonad
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:36 pm

I'd like to join.
The Republic and Commonwealth of Akimonad
Located in Maredoratica · Demonym: Akimonadi

Embassies

Crontor
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

I don't have a storefront...but I am assuming the invite means I am wanted here?

In any case, I am happy to join, this looks interesting.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 pm

To the members of the OEA,

On behalf of the United Kingdom, I would like to inform the respective members of the OEA that the UK wishes to join in this organization. The United Kingdom is a supranational personal union of the Holy Imperial Federation of the Empire of Symphonia, the Fascist Empire of Aquitayne, and the United Communities of Mesoland, all whose economic and political policies are streamlined for the highest possible cooperation and mutual benefit.

The combined strength of the UK's economy is USD$735.54 trillion (USD meaning Universal Standard Dollar); the UK's standard currency (the Aero, A$) currently exchanges for A$1.00 = USD$1.40; the total value of exports is at USD$80.75 trillion. The center of financial power in the UK is in the city of Symphony, Symphonia, where the UK International Stock Exchange is located. Other notable business entities from the UK include the Imperial Bank of Symphonia and the Football Association de Aquitayne.

We hope to join this organization in order to strengthen our economy and improve the status of the UK as an equal member of the international economic community.

Sincerely,
Adaminghir Singh,
Prime Minister of the Holy Imperial Federation of the Empire of Symphonia and Representative of Symphonia to the UK
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Count me in :)
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

OP Updated

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 am

Opening post has been updated! If I have missed any storefronts that you would like to list, please let me know.

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 am

I think I can vouch for Gemballa and ask you to put them in the OP.
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade