NATION

PASSWORD

Brevity Cup 7 - IC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Brevity Cup 7 - IC Thread

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:16 am

OOC: For most part the format mostly follows that of the last two Brevity Cups, in order to ensure continued consistency of the competition.

The Seventh Brevity Challenge Cup
As presented by the RQFA

OK, I'll try to keep this brief

Helpful Brevity Challenge Cup Links
Last Edition || KPB Rankings || OOC Discussion Thread

New to NS Sports?

Guide to Sports Roleplaying

Format

We have 28 teams! So we will have 7 groups of 4. Top two from each group, as well as two highest-ranked third-placer will advance to the knockout stages. There will be no seeded live draw this time, but the groups, the pots and IC information section will be made available sometime in the Sunday afternoon, which should give approximately four days before the start of the competition. This is an association football tournament, that'll be held in the immediate aftermath of the World Cup and Cup of Harmony. Every single game at this tournament will be hosted, ICly, within Quebec and Shingoryeo. Quebec and Shingoryeo.

The key? RPs will be limited to exactly 50 words. And a maximum one RP per matchday. Bonuses for other challenges will be set after each scorination, that will include things like a word or phrase of the day, or miscellaneous trivia, or a random theme. You can choose to ignore all that of course, and you'll forego some of your bonus. So the Brevity Challenge Cup is a creative writing challenge, but designed to inspire and not to give you a ton of homework. ICly it might be a nice opportunity to give fringe NTers some playing time directly after the World Cup, or a chance to give your senior team another opportunity to earn a trophy.

And yes- I've gotten permission from the tournament founder to resurrect this tournament after a RL decade of it going into hiatus.

Organisational Notes

Grading Your RP
RPs that are not exactly 50 words will not receive a RP bonus

I will use the following website as my word counter, so everybody's clear what I'm judging by. They will be the final judge & jury on topics of word count(while I am the executioner).

Note on rosters: Word Count limits DO NOT APPLY to team rosters. And a roster post does not count towards your RP limit of one post per Matchday.

Ranks

To give some weight - but not too much - to the established order of things, teams will receive a ranking based on the most up-to-date KPB available. Simplified by dividing up the KPB into brackets of ten and giving a rank dependent on which bracket a team currently resides in. However, anyone who takes part using, say, a bunch of fans who won a pie-eating competition on TV, or bus drivers on holiday, or veterans over the age of fifty, can self-elect to rank themselves in a lower bracket. Please clearly identify this as a part of your roster(obviously it'll effect your rank points but not your pot). Because it's not about the winning, it's about the taking part, right????

Teams ranked between 1-20: 10 rank points.
Teams ranked between 21-50: 8 rank points.
Teams ranked between 51-100: 6 rank points
Teams ranked between 101-400: 3 rank points
Unranked teams: 0 rank points

1. Tinhampton
  2. Cardenao
  3. Drawkland
  4. Indusse
  5. Archalit
  6. North Pole and South Lapland
  7. Kunskil
  8. Huayramarca
  9. Khantari
  10. The 14 Stars
  11. Semarland
  12. Tikariot
  13. Oberour Ar Moro
  14. The Kytler Peninsulae
  15. Valentine Z
  16. Ossidiacqua
  17. Vdara
  18. United Hawkland
  19. Abanhfleft
  20. Kanmer
  21. Safiloa
  22. Britonisea
  23. Saint Kanye
  24. Qasden
  25. Poafmersia
  26. Carpathia and Ruthenia
  27. Delaclava
  28. Quebec and Shingoryeo (no rank used)

Pots

Pot 1
Tikariot (22)
Drawkland (24)
Huayramarca (25)
Archalit (48)
Qasden (49)
Cardenao (50)
Vdara (60)

Pot 2
Poafmersia (62)
Valentine Z (63)
Delaclava (65)
Indusse (73)
Oberour Ar Moro (77)
Carpathia and Ruthenia (87)
The Kytler Peninsulae (89)

Pot 3
Abanhfleft (127)
Britonisea (143)
United Hawkland (146)
The 14 Stars (178)
Semarland (200)
Safiloa (238)
Quebec and Shingoryeo (NR - No rank used)*

For pot-registration purposes, Quebec and Shingoryeo is included into this pot as host.

Pot 4
Kanmer (NR)
Khantari (NR)
Kunskil (NR)
North Pole and South Lapland (NR)
Ossidiacqua (NR)
Saint Kanye (NR)
Tinhampton (NR)

Group A -- Raymond J. Okpik Field, Quttinirpaaq
Qasden (49)
Valentine Z (63)
Abanhfleft (127)
North Pole and South Lapland (NR)

Group B -- Iqaluit Stadium, Iqaluit
Tikariot (22)
The Kytler Peninsulae (89)
Quebec and Shingoryeo (NR)
Tinhampton (NR)

Group C -- Ikpiarjuk Citizens' Field, Ikpiarjuk
Drawkland (24)
Poafmersia (62)
Britonisea (143)
Khantari (NR)

Group D -- TeleNord ArenA, Fokino
Vdara (60)
Delaclava (65)
Semarland (200)
Ossidiacqua (NR)

Group E -- Kauseligekkutik Oval, Kauseligekkutik
Cardenao (50)
Carpathia and Ruthenia (87)
United Hawkland (146)
Kunskil (NR)

Group F -- The Sunbeam, Kauk
Archalit (48)
Oberour Ar Moro (77)
The 14 Stars (178)
Kanmer (NR)

Group G -- Wakanai Municipal Stadium, Wakanai
Huayramarca (25)
Indusse (73)
Safiloa (238)
Saint Kanye (NR)

Calendar

Groups and IC Information Announced - 8th January
MD1 - 12th January
MD2 - 14th January
MD3 - 16th January
2R - 18th January
QF - 20th January
SF - 22nd January
3PPO+F - 24th January

All my cutoffs will take place at 2359 Eastern Time. Any delays to the scorination will be addressed on the OOC Thread.

Group Stage Match Schedule

Matchday 1
1 v 4
2 v 3

Matchday 2
4 v 3
1 v 2

Matchday 3
2 v 4
3 v 1

RP Permissions

Please post this either with your roster or your first RP with a yes or a no (with any qualifiers) for each question. These are all permissions to help facilitate an acceptable RP to you if somebody else RPs your match first, and vice versa.
Code: Select all
[u]RP Permissions[/u]
[b]Choose my goal scorers:[/b]
[b]Godmod scoring events:[/b]
[b]RP injuries to my players:[/b]
[b]Godmod Injuries to my players:[/b]
[b]Suspend my players:[/b]
[b]Godmod suspension events[/b]:
[b]Godmod other events:[/b]

Group Stage Tiebreakers
1) H2H Wins
2) Overall Goal Difference
3) Total Goals For
4) Coin Toss

OOC Note: Only the host may tag posts! Any post can get graded whenever it is posted. Please use the save draft feature if you cannot complete a post in one sitting. Thank you! Send any questions my way on Discord or OOC thread.

This bad boy is open! Go ahead and start posting your rosters and RP!
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:19 am

The far-northern province of Nagligusuŋniq (ᓇᒡᓕᒍᓱᖕᓂᖅ) is a distant, separate territory from mainland Quebec and Shingoryeo, though until fairly recently had been part of the mainland itself mostly as Nunavut, Yoseo-Manitoba, Nord-Est and Abibiti-Agawa provinces. As for what exactly caused this new land to pop up - a recent round of incidents where attempts in building a Quebeco-Huayramarcan border wall over much of the western half of country, combined with a month-long snowstorm in November 2062 that the nation was not particularly braced for, have led into the collapse of what had been a porous, multi-layered magical border surrounding it. The result of this is that much of the northern, polar bits of the land would move northwards from the northwestern Arrosia into the Blood Sea, the location standing approximately halfway between it and southern Rushmore. As for the magical borders part (for those not recognising it at least!), most would not know anything about it and attribute this to increased signs of climate change, something that when combined with Blood Sea can lead into interesting situations.

The northern province is one of the four federal provinces led by Premier Phillip Umiaktorviq, former gridiron football star who has since had a successful political career, and with considerable distance between mainland and Nagligusuŋniq is expected to receive greater self-autonomy. The population of the province is approximately 1.8 million, with majority of the population living in the city of Iqaluit (population: 650,000) or smaller cities that have their own infrastructure (mostly due to distance and isolation) but otherwise need to travel to Iqaluit or mainland for supplies or assistance.

Due to the fairly recent nature of the breakaway, the region is undergoing a series of extensive re-orientation and infrastructure projects with the help of federal government back in Joongyeong, as well as the Royal Quebecois Armed Forces. The intention is that self-sufficiency eventually be established on economic terms to limit the burden on Mainland-Nagligusuŋniq relations, something that has been an issue in pre-2062 times as well. Among those the ones being propped up and added with much-needed upgrades are outdoor stadiums, which for all the chaos and uncertainty surrounding Nagligusuŋniq's future, would at least provide assurance in international-standard matches for both association and gridiron football.

As for the venues themselves, fixtures will be kept short and straight. Each group will be hosted by one of the seven cities listed in the map, with the earlier knockout rounds to be played at Fokino or Ikpiarjuk. From the semifinals onwards the players will be heading into the Iqaluit Stadium for the finale.

Iqaluit (popn: 650,000)
Iqaluit Stadium. Capacity of 120,000.
Home of Nunavut North Stars (Q-League) and University of Iqaluit (QIS - gridiron football).

Fokino (popn: 160,000)
TeleNord ArenA. Capacity of 12,000.
Home of Royal Quebecois Navy Fokino (State League) and Nagligusunniq State University-Fokino (QIS - association football).

Ikpiarjuk (popn: 150,000)
Ikpiarjuk Citizens' Field. Capacity of 10,000.
Home of Nagligusunniq State University-Ikpiarjuk (QIS - association football).

Kauseligekkutik (popn: 90,000)
Kauseligekkutik Oval. Capacity of 10,500.
Home to Kauseligekkutik Town (State League) and Kauseligekkutik School District.

Wakanai (popn: 80,000)
Wakanai Municipal Stadium. Capacity of 8,000
Home of the Whitewater FC (State League) and Wakanai School District.

Kauk (popn: 75,000)
The Sunbeam. Capacity of 6,000.
Home to Kauk City (State League) and Northwestern Nagligusunniq School Board.

Quittinirpaaq (popn: 75,000)
Raymond J. Okpik Field. Capacity of 7,000.
Currently used by the northeastern Nagligusunniq School Board.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million

Oberour Ar Moro
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Oberour Ar Moro » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:57 pm

Dominion of Oberour Ar Moro
National Football Team

Seventh Brevity Challenge Cup Roster

Denonym: Oberours
Team Nickname: Dragoons
Association: Ministry of Culture Football Management Committee (FMC)
Trigramme: OAM

Staff
Position: Name, age (previous Domestic Club position)

Manager: Tanguy de Beaufort, age 50 (Invicta Manager)
Assistant Manager: Maheu Rousset, age 66 (Invicta Assistant Manager)
Assistant Manager: Ruran Sueur, age 47 (Invicta Assistant Manager)

Players
Number Position Name, age (Domestic Club (Nation if not Oberour Ar Moro))
Starters in bold

Goalkeepers (GK)

1 Dounerth Chateaubriand, age 26 (Cyrene Bay)
12 Mikelig la Pingnie, age 24 (Wesisle Wizard FC (Khantari))
24 Seguinius Chaperonnier, age 25 (Estipen United)

Left Backs (LB)

2 Elarig Jouvenel des Ursins, age 23 Halebid United (Brookstation))
14 Jean le Lieur, age 24 (Pescium)

Right Backs (RB)

3 Loys Roty, age 23 (Meridian)
15 Kilian Thibourst, age 26 (Phoenix United (The 14 Stars))

Sweepers (SW)

10 Joeva au Paus, age 28 (Patrons)
11 Peire de Baingneus, age 30 (Regium Immortal)

22 Andre Decastilhon, age 23 (Cyrene Bay)
23 Alarig de Cassete, age 25 (EC Kan Roue)

Left Midfielders (LM)

5 Iudicael Breut, age 31 (Hibernus)
17 Mathieux Sarrasin, age 25 (Veriasod Wolves FC (Tikariot))

Right Midfielders (RM)

6 Jean-Pierre de Braieres, age 26 (Tikariot City FC (Tikariot))
18 Félix d'Amienz, age 30 (Other Side of Paradise (Brookstation))

Center Midfielders (CM)

4 Peter Clouzot, age 28 (Meteor)
16 Goulwen Baudrillar, age 26 (Pembina City FC (Kelssek))

Left Wingers (LW)

7 Alanig Decastaichede, age 27 (Þingsnitz (Græntfjall))
19 Even de Garges, age 28 (Cyrene Bay)

Right Wingers (RW)

8 Noel Bontoux, age 33 (Invicta)
20 Breval le Batelie, age 26 (Other Side of Paradise (Brookstation))

Strikers (ST)

9 David Guivarch, age 28 (Patrons)
21 Clement le Pinceeur, age 24 (Pescium)

Formation

First and Second-Choice Shirts

ImageImage

RP Permissions

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my scorers: Yes
Choose my scoring events: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, but please TG or message me on Discord beforehand
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to my players: Yes, but please TG or message me on Discord beforehand
Give Yellow Cards to my players: Yes
Give Red Cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes, but please TG or message me on Discord beforehand

Style Modifier: +5
_The Dominion of_Oberour Ar Moro_

Khantari
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khantari » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Khantari National Team

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: No

Khantari Football Council (KFC)
Management
Chair:: Dr. Andres Shawcross, 74 Image
CEO:: Kerry von Pillers, 54 Image
Technical Director:: Thanh Beldon, 41 Image
Scout Director:: Christian Borzoi 34 Image

Coaching Staff
Head Coach:: Andrea Boddorf, 42 Shad Alastair , 62 Image
Assistant 1:: Minh-west Waldroff, 56 Image
Assistant 2:: Margarito Bjorseth, 41 Image
Goalkeeper Coach:: Jude Gilkes, 56 Image
Fitness Coach:: Peter Warshaw, 59 Image
Coach:: Dominique Nowakowski 36 Image
Physio:: Geoffrey St.Claire, 47 Image

Nation Data
Ground: Grefberg National Stadium, Fort Raleigh (51,200)
Nick name: The Iron Khans
Style Modifier: +1.76
Formation: 4-4-2
Trigram: HTR

#POSITIONAGECLUBNAME
01GK31Strathpool FC ImageJoey Fahrer (Capt.)
12GK31Spartak Wortheighton FC ImageElliott Malcik
13GK21Fogington FC ImageNigel Blackfoot

#POSITIONAGECLUBNAME
02DEF.27Brigketh Bishop FC ImageMort Landau
03DEF.25Oldkamps Outlaw FC ImageHector Gaymorts
04DEF.30Fogington FC ImageVincentius Delcroix
05DEF.26Rottor Lake FC ImageTermendus Harvey-Lottway
14DEF.35Shaftegill FC ImageAaron de Floweritz
15DEF.34BledllynFC ImageEli Kurkis
16DEF.27Old Cave Grove FC ImageMillbury Castilo

#POSITIONAGECLUBNAME
06MID.33Cassaholm Confidential FC ImageBrock Milliken (V.Capt.)
07MID.28Fogington FC ImageLindolf Scisco
08MID.29Strathpool FC ImageBobby Zinkloff
09MID.25South Dogknock FC ImageClifford Prauner
17MID.34Holmlock FC ImageMajorir Crawitz
18MID.25Old Cave Grove FC ImageHailford Traux
19MID.22Old Cave Grove FC ImageOlam Rapaport

#POSITIONAGECLUBNAME
10FWD.30Fogington FC ImageGadiffer Auclair
11FWD.28South Dogknock FC ImageScorpis-west Waldroff
20FWD.28Fogington FC ImageOttholeo March
21FWD.24Old Cave Grove FC ImageLuther Wilhelmsen

North Pole and South Lapland
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2023

Postby North Pole and South Lapland » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:20 pm

Style Mod: -5

The North Pole and South Lapland National Football Team

An Introduction to North Pole and South Lapland

The Winter Wonderlands of North Pole and South Lapland, commonly abbreviated to NP&SL, is a country in Esportiva. It consists of two islands: North Pole Island (located at the North Pole, duh) and South Lapland Island (located more southernly, duh). North Pole Island is the main commercial and administrative hub of NP&SL, with most of the activity concentrated in the nation's largest employer, Santa's Workshop. South Lapland Island is the residential centre of the nation, with most of the nation's elves, reindeer and snowmen residing in Santa's Village there. The two islands are connected via the Clauseway, which allows the worker elves to travel to Santa's Workshop. (The reindeer just fly over).

North Pole and South Lapland is an absolute monarchy ruled by Nicholas XII of House Kringle, who serves as the nation's Santa Claus. Assisting Santa Claus in the administration of the nation is a council of advisors with permanent positions: the Christmas Angel in charge of communications, the Ghosts of Christmas Whenever in charge of law enforcement and the judiciary via the naughty and nice lists, and the Three Wise Men who help in the decision-making process. There is very uniform equality in NP&SL, with almost every elf resident employed and earning the same wage and living in similar houses. There is only a slight disparity between the elves and the snowmen, woth the former viewing the latter as lower-class useless hobos.

Everyone on the islands are jolly as they can be and spread Christmas cheer. Even though the Christmas season of December is when most people celebrate around the world, the festive period is 24/7 in NP&SL. If anything, people are less into the Christmas spirit around Christmas due to working around-the-clock to deliver presents to children around the world. People on NP&SL generally consume milk and cookies, listen to terrible Christmas songs and carols, follow Christianity (but aren't members of any organised religion or go to church), and race bobsleighs and reindeer as pastimes. Oh, and of course, football.

Football in North Pole and South Lapland

Due to NP&SL's small size, there is only space for three official fields in the entire nation. St. Nicholas' School Pitch is the smallest, with no seats. It is the only pitch for the only school in the nation, and is used only for kids' training and P.E. purposes, but may be used as an alternative pitch when the other two are snowed up. The next pitch on the list is Blitzen's Blitz, the training pitch for the NP&SL National Football Team. It has a 500 elf capacity, but may be less for bigger human-sized people. The last and most important field is The Santadium, a massive stadium which is able to seat 5000 elves. It is where almost all of the national team's matches are played. However, as most of these fields are almost always used for official business, most elves play recreational football in parks and reindeer reserves.

The NP&SL National Football Team is actually a works team for Santa's Workshop. Everything about the team is bankrolled by the jolly man in red Santa Claus himself, who even manages the team personally. He is assisted by Sleigh, a sentient sleigh and Sylestonean immigrant that carries Santa's presents and does a lot of technical work in the dugout. The national team's red jerseys with green trims on the sleeves and collars also sport a massive logo of a clipart of Santa's head, indicating sponsorship from Santa's workshop. The team is comprised of the strongest and most technically skilled elves working under Santa, who emphasises a laid-back approach on the basis that sharing the possession with the opposition as much as possible is most in-line with the spirit of giving. The starting XI is as follows:

Goalkeeper: Bobby

Bobby is a 1332 year old elf who assembles trampolines in Santa's Workshop. Consequently, he can jump really high and save goals. He's one of the oldest and wisest elves, and is an effective team leader with a commanding presence at the back. His role as Vice Captain of the team emphasises how important he is.

Left Back: Nobby

Nobby is a 144 year old elf who tests out the rocket-power roller skates that are, surprisingly, rarely given to children due to health and safety issues. A bit of a daredevil, this young'un enjoys taking risks and loves to move up the pitch to send attacks forward, but his great speed allows him to track back and defend when the time is right.

Left Centre Back: Holly

Holly is a 453 year old elf who is the captain of the team and manager of the sports equipment department in Santa's Workshop. Her magnificent leadership skills has caught the attention of Santa on multiple occasions, with her rise through the Christmas ladder being rapid. On the pitch, she knows every ball inside out due to being able to build almost all of them with her bare hands, making her the ideal choice to launch a perfectly-timed slide tackle to take the ball back. Her stoicism is also a characteristic that every other tries to emulate.

Right Centre Back: Polly

Polly is a 622 year old elf who is the assistant manager of the sports equipment department in Santa's workshop, specialising in testing the strength of the balls. Her job all day long when not bossing it on the field is to kick balls as hard as they can to test how strong they are. As a result, her ability to hoof the ball all the way up the pitch is magnificent and almost always meets the head of a waiting target (wo)man. She's tough, fearless and always up for a challenge, so watch your shins.

Right Back: Dobby

Dobby is a 235 year old elf who helps to mine coal for the naughty kids. Born with a rare elf gene that gives her lungs like hot air balloons and makes her impenetrable to going out of breath. As a result, she can run all over the right wing by day and give the bad eggs something to whine about at night. She's relentless, uncompromising and has zero tolerance for nonsense.

Left Midfielder: Robby

Robby is a 833 year old elf and vice captain of the team. Robby is unique for being the only elf on the team who doesn't work inside Santa's Workshop. Instead, he is employed by the North Pole and South Lapland Department of Administrative Affairs. His many odd jobs include assisting in the management of the local schools, property department and national accounts. His skilled bureaucratic work and commitment to delicate organisation makes him a tenacious midfielder. His passing is pretty good as well, come to think of it.

Left Central Midfielder: Dolly

Dolly is a 347 year old elf and supervisor for the toy gun assembly line. She always makes sure that the handles are properly attached, the bullets are soft and foam-based, and that the scope is the best thing you can find outside of the most advanced sniper rifle skunkworks sites. Seemingly possessing a built-in crosshair, her passes and set pieces are stunningly accurate. However, firing guns all day has hardened her hearing a bit so she doesn't take instructions or "nagging" so well, from both referees and teammates.

Right Central Midfielder: Oggy

Oggy is a 1002 year old elf and a tester of paintbrushes in the art department. His flowing creativity gives him magical dribbling powers and an unparalleled creativity, making him a highly skilled playmaker for the team. He also designed the kits and has an Instagram page for digital art of joyful reindeer in pastel colours. Check it out!

Right Midfielder: Olly

Olly is a 777 year old elf and an iPad assembler. Formerly a Gameboy maker, he was recently drafted to the iPad assembly line due to the rise of iPad kids. His ability to adapt quickly to all kinds of changing situations makes him an incredibly reliable player who can flourish even under immense pressure. When dominating, he commands the wing and terrorises defences with his crosses and corners, but when on the back foot he still maintains his cool and defends effectively.

Left Striker: Aaron

Aaron is a 202 year old elf. His unusual name and height owes to his ancestry as a high elf, who are not native to North Pole and South Lapland. His grandparents moved here years ago to obtain work after being exiled from their country of origin. His incredible height makes him the perfect person to head home all the high balls he receives. He's a bit shy and folds a bit under pressure, but still an absolute monster on his day.

Right Striker: Lolly

Lolly is a 562 year old elf and an assembler of bicycles. A strong, speedy forward, she breaks up defences by causing mayhem and clears the path for others to score. She scores too, but mostly from amazingly accurate bicycle kicks. She's also a member of Santa's Workshop's HR team and knows how to calm things down when they flare up, so games can always stay exciting and jolly.

Substitutes

• GK: Ozzy
  • GK: Potty
  • DF: Wocky
  • DF: Hobby
  • DF: Wobbly
  • DF: Abby
  • MF: Gobby
  • MF: Lizzy
  • MF: Pibby
  • MF: Groggy
  • FW: Maddy
  • FW: Rocky

RP Permissions: everything and anything EXCEPT outright destroying the country (reference to slow destruction of glaciers via global warming is permissible), making characters seem unjolly (including fouls based on violent conduct), saying Santa isn't real, doing things that would absolutely be contrary to the roster's info or my previous RPs
Last edited by North Pole and South Lapland on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
holly, jolly, and everything in between

Lobbyist

Postby North Pole and South Lapland » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:59 pm

Hear the sleigh bells ring
Over a snowy morning
Flakes cascading down

Deers munching carrots
Snowmen finding their noses
Elves crafting iPads

Santa called a meet
The whole island came to greet
The ol' man in red

The fat one announced
"Someone is stealing my stash!
Show yourself, you're sacked!"

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:59 pm

INDUSSE NATIONAL TEAM

Manager/Coach: Shane Newman (Commonwealth of Baker Park)
Sponsors: Fiarti Automobiles
Trigamme: INS
Players in Camp: 19
Formations: 4-3-3/4-2-4
Fanbase: The Flocking Blues

The Squad

GK 1 Jahangir Shehzad
GK 2 Peter Bashfork
GK 33 Preetham Singh
DF 6 Jonathan Krege
DF 13 Mathias Paulson
DF 4 Manu Nair

DF 41 Harbaz Khan
MD 101 Harry Mascarenhas
MD 14 Djetson Hasle
MD 13 Raman Sreevastva
FD 12 Rahul B Kumar
FD 7 Bechun Butea
FD 11 Antonio Mersias (c)

FD 55 Juan Jane
FD 8 Tanvir Bashir
FD/MD 100 Goblin Grundjee
DF 91 Mark Millwood
MD 76 Mahadev Bhattacharya
MF 99 Harish Kangara

Bolded Players are the Playing XI

About the Manager

Shane Newman is a Baker Park born, who took the chance to become the first NT boss for Havynwilde with an understanding that he would have time & resources to build from scratch. He was hounded by negative media coverage, the unrealisitc expectations of supporters & the governing body, and no investment to correct the dearth of talent in the domestic league. He was unceremoniously fired while out of the country on holiday. He'll consider his time there a learning experience. Was the chief defensive architect for the BPNT in the first three WC cycles.Aged 49 and married with three children--a boy and two girls--he will look to the domestic league for talent by focusing on technique, pace, and positional flexibility.

The Playing XI

#1 Jahangir Shehzad (Goalkeeper)
the twenty two year old goalkeeper Jahangir Shehzad. Who's been always in the bench waiting for their debut match. Jahangir Shehzad is a familiar face to all those who used to follow the Youth football tournaments in Indusse. Jahangir also was a tough contender for Liga Prime's (Indusse's Division One Football League) Golden Gloves. Jahangir was born in the city of Shahzalabad, located seventy six kilometres north of Riveria. He started his career for his school team and then got into the famous college team belonging to Mir Azmal College of Physical Sciences (MACPS). His performance for his college team got him into Sindvpore FC and later to Southbay Riveria FC. Currently, Jahangir is the goalkeeper for Southbay Riveria FC and had replaced Steve in the last season.

#91 Mark Millwood (Defender)
Mark Millwood was born in the town of Parvanaghattapura, in the outskirts of the national capital region of New Hind City. He started his soccer career at the age of twelve where he started playing for his school team and a local football club known as Saviours XI Parvanaghattapura. He later joined the Kala Bharati University Campus and got into the Kala Bharati Campus Team. His excellent performance in the campus team brought him his ticket to New Hind City FC Youth and later to the national team camp. He was later bought by Rockies International Youth and currently plays for Rockies International FC in Indusse's First division league, Liga Prime.

#6 Jonathan Krege (Defender)
Jonathan Krege was born in the city of New Hind City to the business tycoon Friedrich Krege and is the rightful heir to Krege Industries, a well known multinational giant. Jonathan started his career by playing for his school teams and then for the Kala Bharati Campus Team alongside Mark Millwood. His performance in Kala Bharati team got him into Rockies International Youth and later to Neagra FC Youth. He had to quit Neagra FC Youth due to issues regarding his pay and was left in the transfer market as a free agent until he was bought by Cheralam Masters Youth. His career in Cheralam was short lived and at the age of nineteen he was bought by Salingam United FC. From then his performance improved to an extraordinary level where he was invited to play for the National Youth Team. His performance in the Nationals as well as for Salingam have brought him the ticket to the national team.

#13 Mathias Paulson (Defender)
Mathias Paulson born to a wealthy Syrian Christian family in Southbay. He wasn't a soccer maniac or something, who would have started playing for clubs before teenage. He started playing at the age of fifteen for several local clubs including his school and college clubs. After this Sport Medicine graduation from Saint Louis Holiness College in Jawaruyah, he got a mail from the Jawaruyah XI FC for being a defence and fitness co trainer. With his outmost hardwork in the game, he soon won a lot of awards and got a call from Rockies International FC for being their defender. He soon left Jawaruyah for Rockies Islands, it was his perfect defending which let the club rise from Division to to Primary Division tournament Liga Prime. The Team reached top three of the primary division tournament after his arrival and he also received a lot of awards for his play. With his arrival in Liga Prime and as a successor to former Rockies Defender Maryland Bruno (Maryland is his nickname because he used to run a cookie brand called Maryland Food), he got into the radar of National team selectors. He later got the call of the selectors to join the national team camp which was the turnover in his career. He soon became a well known defender in the nation and the captain of Rockies International FC.

#4 Manu Nair (Defender)
Manu Nair, born as Mannankatt Raman Manu Nair in the city of Salingam is a nineteen year old youth product of the national youth team. He started his career playing for his school team and a local football team known as Dairagiri FC. His performance in Dairagiri FC got him into Salingam United FC Youth in the age of sixteen and when he got to be eighteen years old, he was officially added to the Liga Prime Transfer Market and was bought by Southbay Riveria FC and is currently getting trained to be a permanent member of the club's defence. Manu's excellent performance in the national selection camp has ensured his spot in the national team even though they're a rookie to professional football.

#76 Mahadev Bhattacharya (Mid Fielder)
Mahadev Bhattacharya is a twenty four year old who was born in Indraprastha to Kailashnath Bhattacharya, the Indussean coaching maestro who is known for his coaching of erstwhile Royal Hind City FC (Currently, New Hind City FC), Indussean Women's Team and also coaching the Palm Island Club, Palingh Rovers FC. Since his father was literally a well known soccer coach he was brought into the path of soccer at a very young age. He started to chase his soccer dreams at the age of six where he was enrolled into a local football coaching center which had weekly coaching classes by his father. Gaining basic coaching at the center, he got into the school team and later to his college team. His performance for the school team, got him a ticket to join the local football giants, Maharajas FC. His performance got him a seat in the Maharajas College where he pursued his bachelor degree. Maharajas FC shaped his career, where he was brought by Sindvpore FC to play for their youth team and later for the senior team. His performance for Maharajas FC had already put him in the books of the selectors and his extraordinary performance for Sindvpore helping them to win the FFI Confederations Trophy and FFI League of Victors opened his way to the national camp.

#14 Djetson Hazle (Mid Fielder)
Born as Djetson Hazlett to Dr. Henry Hazlett and Maria Henry in Sindvpore, Djetson change his surname at the age of sixteen to Hazle for joining film industry since there was a prominent star "Philip Hazlett" existing. He couldn't do much in the film industry, which changed his route into football. He played for the national U-18 team due to his absolutely commendable performance for his club Sindvpore FC. His performance also brought him into the national team and got himself as.a key player. He still plays for Sindvpore FC and took part in the Championship of FFI. He is married to Katherine Hazlett, daughter of film star Philip Hazlett. Katherine is also a prominent film star in Indusse. Hazle also took part in futsal and also tried a hand in hockey. But he later realised that he was made for professional soccer.

#12 Rahul B Kumar (Forward)
Rahul B Kumar was born to the legendary soccer star, Baskar H Kumar as his only child in Derasar, Hind. Derasar is an offshore resort island owned by Baskar Kumar and David Beckem. Rahul was born to him when he and his wife was spending their vacation in Derasar. Rahul was send to Valley Bound International School in New Hind City to complete his primary education. At the age of 8, he got himself in the school's junior team and his performance got him to be the captain and at age of 12 as the School team's captain. Just like his father, Rahul took the path to be a striker and sharpshooter. At the age of 15, he got to be part of Hind City FC's B Team and also the Under-16 National Team. His colleague Goblin Grundjee got themselves to the national team. His performance for the under-16s and 19s brought them to the spotlight making way to the national team. They currently play for Neagra FC in the Liga Prime and at the same time they're taking BTech in Sanātana Dharma College, Hind City.

#7 Bechun Butea (Forward)
Once the best substitute to Baskar Kumar, now he faces a lot of competition from his fellow mates out there.Born to the family of footballers, Bechun didn't face any difficulty to choose his career. At the age of seven, his father admitted him to a local coaching center and with the basic skills got him into the Sindvpore Football Federation Training Center. Bechun's father was Takawilaka Butea, who got elected as the President of Sindvpore Football Federation. Bechun played his first professional match for Sindvpore FC and got transferred into Southbay Riveria FC. He later scored a lot of Goals opening his way to the national camp. He played as a captain substitute and vice captain of the national team and captain of Southbay Riveria FC until Baskar Kumar joined. He also played a major role in the Goblin Humanoid Project which created Goblin Grundjee, who's the first non human national player in Indusse. A football goblin was Bechun's idea. He also got the National Sports Academy Mentor post and is currently the cheif mentor of U-18 national team. His brother, Lalguvasara is the coach of Malta FC and his son Jackson Butea is playing for Sindvpore FC under 18 team.

#11 Antonio Mersiás (Forward)
The second youngest recruit in the camp, Antonio Mersiás is a well known youth idol in the nation. He was the captain of Indussean youth team in the Sporting World Cup. He led the team into the semi finals of the tournament till they lost to Starblaydia's young guns. He was born in Karadawadi, a county in Dhalopura to Francis Antony, who was a carpenter and Selina Francis. He lived as a poor kid going to the village school who wasn't so good at academics but bright in sports. His quality sporting skills caught the eyes of the headmaster there, who admitted him to the local football training sessions. The headmaster soon send him to the Jawal-Biesse the nearest city for his studies. He played for the Jawal-Biesse FC for three years and captained the team until he was called to play for the Dhalopura FC. He got selected to the U-18 team as soon as he played his first match for Dhalopura FC. His quality play in the club also got him promoted as the captain of the youth team. His awesome, historical performance for the youth team got him a quick ticket to the National Team Camp. He is currently an important part of the national team who cannot be replaced easily.

#100 Goblin Grundjee (Forward)
Goblin Grundjee who is the first ever non-human sportsperson from Indusse. The Grundjee's are one of the families of the Goblin species that was created by the scientists by DNA Modelling. The scientists created a new race of Goblins through gene editing and combining the DNAs of Humans with certain animals and Algae. The goblin species were divided into three families were Grundjees are one of the major part. The other two families are called Mithys and Auris. The current members of the grundjee family is Colonel Grundjee who is a Colonel in the royal army of Indusse. The gene of colonel Grundjee was created by merging the genes of three colonels of the army with the genes of a eagle and the green algae. The green algae plays a necessary role in getting the green Color of the skin. The other member is Goblin Grundjee who is currently playing for the juniors. His gene was created by merging the genes of David Bekem, a former football and of a wild horse. The green algae is also a necessary part of the composition. The grundjee family has the green composition of skins due to green algae. Whereas, Mithys has a brownish red skin due to the presence of Blue-green Algae with Iron sediments, Auris family has the skin Color of a normal human as there isn't any presence of algae. The skin textures and patterns of the goblins are same as the humans and the color is the only thing that can discriminate it with humans. The scientific community believe that the goblin race will create revolution in the world of science. The creation of Goblin Grundjee was overseen by fellow player Bechun Butea who also played a major role in bringing Grundjee as a experimental player. Well, Grundjee is currently one of the best strikers the nation has seen.

Home Ground

The Aditya Varma Kulashekara International Stadium, is home to the Flocking Blues and is the largest sports stadium in the nation. The Aditya Varma Kulashekara International Stadium can hold 131,561 spectators in normal cases. The most attendance recorded for an event in the stadium was 148,241 spectators. This historical event happened long before the current stadium had been built. The former stadium known as IFA International Stadium had just a capacity of 108,112 and the event was the Sworn-in of Baskar H Kumar as the first president of the Indusse. In other words, the sworn in was also the same as the nation's independence day. The most spectators for a match was recorded as 118,232 spectators for a match between Indusse and Pratapgadh which was once a derby match.
(Image)

This Stadium was built first by Aditya Varma Kulashekara, the emperor of Indusse at his reign. The stadium was built as part of giving the Indussean Football Association, a home ground. The Stadium at its beginning had a capacity of 62,122 spectators and was later increased to 97,783. The Stadium also in the past hosted the home matches of Royal Hind City FC (Currently, New Hind City FC) and Hind United FC (Currently dissolved). The Hind United FC got dissolved into Royal Hind City FC and the club through enough funding brought some land near the Darbar Halls and built a stadium there which currently serves as their home ground and the nation's secondary home ground. The IFA Stadium was built close to the Hind River and was surrounded by small forests. The place then known to be Kadaathaaaru was chosen for the stadium, the name literally meant to be "Forest River". The stadium continued to host the nation's home matches until the IFA was disbanded after the invasion of the Islamic Conquerors. The Dari Sultanate rulers took over the nation and placed a ban on all sort of native entertainment including music and sports. The stadium was taken under the custody of the Dari Military and was converted into a arena to propagate Dari Propoganda. The Stadium was renamed as Neimat Abdullah Arena and the capacity was increased to 108,112. The Neimat Abdullah Arena also became the public execution grounds of Natives in Indusse. The Dari Supressed Native Freedom Fighters were beheaded, hanged and shot dead at these grounds. After the Independence, the stadium was renamed as IFA Stadium and held the nation's first independence day celebrations. After a few years, it was renamed to Aditya Varma Kulashekara International Stadium and the capacity was increased to 131,561. The Government then also decided to set up a monument for the natives who were killed by the supression. The Divya Azadi Stambh (Divine Freedom Pillar) located in the stadium complex is the so called monument. This Pillar is an important part of the nation's independence day celebrations.

NT Kits

(Image)
The Kits have been designed by the Audioslavian Kitmakers Kirola, Kirola would be the new kit suppliers for the national team since the contract with Ediraf has expired.

Permissions

Style Modifier: +2

My Opponents, if they RP first. Can do the following:

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: No
Godmod other events: No
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Ossidiacqua
Envoy

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ossidiacqua » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:26 am

OSSIDIACQUA, roster for BREVITY CHALLENGE CUP 7
Nation Name: The Former Oasirican Republic of Ossidiacqua
Demonym: Acquans
Team Nickname: La Selezzione

KIT COLOURS:
AWAY - HOME (w/ Reverse) - KEEPER

IC INFORMATION:
Right. Where do you even start with Ossidiacqua?

Once upon a time, Ossidiacqua was actually Oasirica. A rich, abundantly resourced, land populated by cultured, intelligent, and proud people. And then they were hit by La Plaga. Ravaging the native Oasirican population but leaving the communities of freed Djocorangan slaves alone, it looked set to decimate the population. Arrogantly proclaiming that all they needed was time to find a cure, the scientists and doctors of the nation locked themselves inside the central hospital of Sant'Elia and proceeded to set up a time-wall around them; giving them ample time to develop a cure for La Plaga with minimal casualties outside in the real world. Thanks to their hubris however, the time-wall went wrong. Instead of going around the hospital, it went around the entire nation. And so, decimation was exactly what happened.

Once upon another time, when the time-wall disappated, Oasirica had been replaced by Ossidiacqua. When 27 weeks passed outside, 270 years passed inside. Entire generations of families lived and died, and La Plaga only stopped sweeping once all those susceptible had died, leaving only a handful of native Oasiricans with natural immunity and the Djocorangan 'immigrants', who were now the dominant ethnicity in the nation. The land was no longer lush, instead ravaged by drought and lack of moisture, with the only water coming from springs which bubbled up through abundant obsidian deposits, giving the new nation its name. And the people were now fearful of technology, giving rise to an odd period of time where silicon chips were banned, knowledge was lost, and only 'tech-priests' knew how to operate the evaporaters, condensers, and rudimentary technology that gave the nation their drinking wate. It was a religion devoted to understanding as little as possible of the life-saving technology they all feared but needed to survive. It was... complicated.

Once upon another another time, technophiles rose up. Declaring themselves sick of Ossidiacqua's fear of taking their place in the world, they staged an attempted coup with the outside help of Djocoranga, and aimed to put their own people in charge. The plan was scuppered slightly by the Djocorangans also aiming to do just that, as well as the discovery of the temporal properties of the mineral despoti called erchite. Found only in Ossidiacqua, its ability to amplify and loop all types of energy on a temporal level was eventually discovered to be the cause of the original time-wall mishap in Sant'Elia. Sadly, this discovery came too late to stop another mishap, and the nation descended into another series of time-slips.

Once upon another another another time, then it was now.

The tech-priests have become somewhat more tech-savvy, and are able to give the people of Ossidiacqua a more or less 'normal' life, so long as you don't mind the odd spoiler or extreme case of deja vu. However, keeping that temporal dimension stable long emough to allow people to leave the nation and then come back has proved somewhat trickier. So it is that visitors to the nation take their existence into their own hands, and people willing to make the trip abroad likewise.

Until now, that is.

By introducing a way of tranferring temporal properties of the land and geography to the people itself, we think - we think - we have managed to find a way to allow Acquans to travel abroad without coming home to find everyone has aged differently to them. As well as eliminating the risk to foreigners' existence when they visit the nation - so long as they don't mind watching a few moments of fast forwarding and rewinding happening around them - this means the Acquan national football team, La Selezzione, should be able to visit the Brevity Cup with hopefully minimal disruption, and to pick up where the poor excluded Senzatetto left off.

Of course, this doesn't come without some risks. So, there are a few rules to follow when playing against the Acquan side. The technology to reduce the time-slips has been successfully reduced to the size of an erchite embedded bracelet, with copper nodes that have to dig into the flesh at all times. So there may be some oozing involved. You should never tamper with this. You may think that by giving it a nudge you might be able to flick the person marking you at a corner into slow-motion for a bit, allowing you to score, but actually, it is far more likely that yo->/

/<-okay? Good.

If this holds, we may finally see Acquans playing abroad again, but if it doesn't? Well. Who knows. The important thing to remember, is that->/

STAFF:
Manager: Innocent Bianchi, 73
Until last season, Bianchi could usually be found in the dugout of the nation's most successful side; CA Conquistadores. He retired on a high after completing the third league and cup double in a row during an unprecedented period of domestic dominance for the Sant'Elia side, and he left them in rude health. He has been tempted out of retirement to lead this new set of Acquans into international competition however, and he will be looking to make his mark with his trademark wing-play, relying as it does on two trios of attack-minded players (each consisting of a wing-back, attacking-midfielder, and wide-forward) hurtling down either wing making intricate one-touch passes as they go, with a centre-forward, central half-back, two central full-backs, and a sweeper-keeper providing the central spine. It worked domestically, but we tend to doubt it'll work quite so successfully here with international opposition and players that he hasn't been moulding into shape for seasons on end. Still, it should be entertaining. Watch out too for his trademark tactical switch. Whenever he gives the word to the captain, it is the signal for the entire team to start->/

Assistant Manager: Yves Pasinetti, 42
Star striker of the first Conquistadores side that Bianchi managed to the top of the A-Liga, he also played for and won trophies with AS Débardeurs Nationale and Magisterio AC before retiring. He instantly moved into coaching and found work at Caballeros, Qolo-Qolo, Condensadores, Atletico, and Internazionale, before finding his way back to becoming assistant manager at Conquistadores to Kossi Gentili. As one of the few people respected and liked enough to be able to bridge the normally partisan walls between the big Acquan clubs and still remain loved by all, Bianchi has very wisely 'borrowed' Pasinetti for the duration of the tournament. Accordingly, he will be able to offer political, emotional, pastoral, and attacking support for the team. Just so long as he manages not to->/

/<-erwise we're stuffed.

PLAYERS:
SWEEPER-KEEPERS
#1* - SK - Oscar Macaluso - Age 31 - CA Conquistadores
#12 - SK - Emile Fofana - Age 37 - AS Débardeurs Nationale
#13 - SK - Giacomo Palumbo - Age 25 - Caballeros CF
Oscar Macaluso might not actually be the best shot-stopper in the A-Liga, but with Bianchi's system being so reliant on the goalkeeper, it isn't that much of a surprise to see him opt for the keeper in the league that knows said system the best as his number one choice. Emile Fofana has been Nationale first choice keeper for almost eighteen years and so he brings a wealth of experience with him into the squad, whilst Palumbo is there to act as a more conservative option shoul->/

BACKS
#2* - FB - Paulo Bertolucci - Age 25 - CA Conquistadores
#3* - FB - Ruben Escobedo - Age 29 - Condensadores CD
#6 - HB - Jean-Eric Parrilla - Age 21 - Qolo-Qolo
#8* - HB - Ayegbeni Velasquez - Age 26 - CA Conquistadores - CAPTAIN
#22 - FB - Fernando Mbadinuju- Age 20 - Internazionale
#23 - FB - Eduardo Ochoa - Age 23 - CA Conquistadores
With only three players expected to hold any sort of defensive duties in this squad, the bulk of the responsibility for stopping goals is left to these three. It used to be the case that a Velasquez had to be the captain of the national side. It was an odd rule, but then, Ossidiacqua was an odd place back then. Still is, in fact. So it'll come as no surprise to most to see another Velasquez captaining this reborn side. Except for the fact that this Velasquez is completely unrelated to the dynasty that came before him. Apparently there was nothing in the rules about it being the same family after all, so, Ayegbeni Velasquez's dominant performances in the middle of the park for Conquistadores look set to be repeated at the Brevity Cup. Sitting behind him but equally looking to push forward when they can, will be Bertolucci and Escobedo, whom A-Liga fans have enjoyed seeing clash explosively at corner routines for the last few seasons. Bertolucci in particular will be hoping for a good tournament as he has stated his aim to->/

WING-UNITS
#4* - WBR - Esteban Iweala - Age 23 - Caballeros CF
#5* - WBL - Noah Cannizzaro - Age 27 - Atletico Sant'Elia
#7* - AMR - Kokou Belmondo - Age 20 - CA Conquistadores
#10* - AML - Aboubakar Amoroso - Age 23 - Caballeros CF
#11* - WFL - Moses Menicossa - Age 20 - CA Conquistadores
#20 - WFR - Kossi Pachecho - Age 24 - Atletico Sant'Elia
#14 - AML - Kofi Medici - Age 19 - Qolo-Qolo
#15 - AMR - Florent Piovani - Age 31 - Caballeros CF
#16 - WBR - Blessing Viadani - Age 29 - Magisterio AC
#17 - WBL - Simone Fiorentino - Age 28 - CA Conquistadores
#18 - WFL - Yves Doumani - Age 25 - Condensadores CD
#19* - WFR - Ezekiel Caccianemici - Age 26 - CA Conquistadores
Making up the two ‘wing-units’ of Bianchi’s tactical scheme will be Iweala, Belmondo, and Caccianemici on the right, and Cannizzaro, Amoroso, and Menicossa on the left. As stated, these trios will largely be able to deputise and switch in and out for each other as their attacks move down the wing, so don’t be surprised if you see Caccianemici hanging back wide right whilst Belmondo and Iweala complete a one-two in the box. The aim is to create overloads wherever possible, and then to either open up a shooting opportunity for themselves or to leave a simple finish for the centre-forward or opposite wide-forward cutting in across the box. The units are designed to work independently of each other, but cross-field passes will of course happen – often at the direction of the players in central spine, usually the half-back. Most importantly however, will be ensuring that th->/

CENTRE-FORWARDS
#9 - CF* - Massimiliano Kone - Age 27 - Qolo-Qolo - VICE-CAPTAIN
#21 - CF - Marc-Emile Vanegas - Age 22 - Caballeros CF
Aside from the goalkeeper, this is the most specialised role in the system Bianchi likes to play, as the role of Kone and Vanegas in this side is to do nothing more than put the ball in the goal. That’s it. In a squad where players are moving here and there, swapping in and out, and basically operating under a total football mindset, only the keepers and these guys will be expected to stay where they are. Lethal finishers both, expect to see Kone use his broad frame and low centre-of-gravity to bully defenders off the ball, whilst Vanegas is more likely try and break the lines with a well-timed run. Famously, should they ever play at the same time, watch out for a trick they learned when they were both at Caballeros before Kone’s move to Qolo-Qolo; basically, Kone runs thro->/

Penalty Taker: Ayegbeni Velasquez/Massimiliano Kone/Kokou Belmondo
Free Kick Taker: Kokou Belmondo/Moses Menicossa/Esteban Iweala
Corner Taker: Esteban Iweala/Noah Cannizzaro/Kokou Belmondo

The Acquan game has been cut off from the rest of the multiverse for over 300 years, cumulatively, and as such developed has a unique flavour and style of its own. Short passes, keeping possession, and running are the key to the majority of play, with Acquan teams keen to instil a sense of duty in their players that leads to any of them being able to play or deputise in any other position during the course of a match. The players are very capable with the ball, and have developed tricks and flicks enough to bamboozle any opponent - way, way ahead of their time as far as the rest of the multiverse is looking at it. However, they always had much to learn about the way the rest of the footballing community plays the game, and with the Acquan game developing a far higher tolerance for rough and tumble, even the silkiest of attacking forwards can find themselves sent off for an illegal tackle that would have been perfectly legal in the Acquan leagues. Therefore, it would be of great help to me if you could RP my team as technically gifted, but tactically naive, and as far as international standards go, incredibly violent. Thank you. The other main difference in the ways the team will play is their reliance on a goalkeeper to be the main starting point of attacks. If there isn't an opportunity for an instant break, players will cycle the ball back to the goalkeeper, and if you don't look out fo->/

/<-n most cases will result in a goal for la Selezzione.

On the other hand, defensively, it's a bit of a mess. La Selezzione won't mind conceding goals, they'll be too busy focusing on scoring more than you do to care too much about the back line. Attack is the best form of defence, and all that. However, if you want to take us on tactically, the best way to play against Acquan international sides and get a result remains, as it always was, to make sure you neutrali->/

/<-ow it always used to work, anyway.

The OFA steadfastly refuse to comment on links between the Acquans' natural tactical style and that of Farfadillis.

Probable Starting formation: 2-3-2-3
--------------------------------- Macaluso ---------------------------------
----------------- Bertolucci --------------- Escobedo -------------------
-------------------------------- Velasquez --------------------------------
---- Iweala ---------------------------------------------- Cannizzaro ---
--------------------- Belmondo ---------- Amoroso ---------------------
------------- Caccianemici ------ Kone ------- Menicossa -------------

Modifier: +5

THE OPPONENT CAN
Choose my goalscorers? Yes.
Godmod scoring events? Yes.
RP injuries to my players? Yes, within reason, and I reserve the right to change the severity in a follow-up RP.
Godmod injuries to my players? Yes, as above.
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes, it is encouraged in fact. See formation for details.
Hand out red cards to my players? Yes, it is encouraged in fact. See formation for details. Just never Velasquez.
Godmod other events? Yes, but never w->/
Last edited by Ossidiacqua on Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Former Oasirican Republic of Ossidiacqua - Pop. 87,500,000
Capital: Sant'Elia - Demonym: Acquan - Trigramme: OSD
Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 56
"If Found, Please Return to Time and Space"
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Semarland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Semarland » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:24 am

SEMARLAND NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM, OFFICIAL BREVITY CUP 7 SQUAD

NATIONAL STADIUM - Natunolstadion, Jansberg, 86,000

ImageImageImage
Home - Goalkeeper - Away

Kits kindly manufactured by VUCTI Kits

Cortell Carrasco was rumoured to be handed an ultimatum by the SFA following a rather underwhelming World Cup qualification campaign. Whilst hopes weren't necessarily as high given Semarland's low ranking compared to their opponents, Carrasco and co. had hoped for a respectable showing just as much as the very slim chance of cracking the playoffs. Therefore, the SFA are expecting a decent enough return from the upcoming CAFA and Brevity Cup rather than the embarassing turnout at the last WCQs. A decent enough first half with wins over Polar Islandstates and Sarzonia looked to set them up for a decent mid-table finish, but a dismal showing in the second half of qualification, with Carrasco's side failing to pick up a point at all. A handful of players retired - namely goalkeeper Matthias Baxter, striker Johan Larsen and most notably the captain, centre-back Shone Andrews. Andrews' leadership will be missed but midfielder Jamal Barker is a more than suitable replacement, with the Krsthaven midfield general Semarland's most capped player. A couple of players were dropped from the "main squad" that were called up for the CAFA to form the core of the Brevity Cup squad, such as defender Gael Larsen and midfielder Rameses Kristoffersen, with a new look starting XI starting to form from the ashes of the metaphorical bombsite that was World Cup 95. Plenty of new faces inbound, plus several fringe players who will be fighting for the chance to be a part of Carrasco's plans for the next World Cup and beyond.

STAFF:
Manager: Cortell Carrasco, 65
Plucked from Sporting Saint Adrensburg by the SFA, Cortell Carrasco was one of the league's most successful managers over the period of non-IFCF/KPB/CAFA involvement. With just the one league title to his name, some may have thought he wasn't the best choice, but his long-term transformation of SSA was truly remarkable. A talented tactical mind who happens to be a close friend of his predecessor Kadell Stevens - who reportedly nominated him for the job, Carrasco hasn't exactly had the start to life as Semarland manager as he would have liked. Despite a good showing at the last Olympics, Semarland were easily brushed aside by the majority of their albeit higher ranked groupmates in World Cup 95 qualification. Carrasco's skating on thin ice, but there's still embers of confidence from the SFA management who have given him a lifeline to prove himself with the upcoming CAFA 8 as well as the Brevity Cup. Expect attractive football - not as high-pace as Stevens, but still nice enough to watch with a focus on defence as much as attack. Oh, and he's brought his entire SSA backroom with him as well, so if there is someone who is going to enjoy this, it's the SSA fans...

Assistant manager: Devonte Northfield, 49
SSA legend who never really got to make his mark for Semarland internationally - Devonte Northfield was quite unlucky given he was actually half-decent as a player and he had a lot of talent ahead of him. But he made his mark for his club, which led to him getting a job as coach within the youth team - and you know the story. He rose through the staffing ranks the same way he did in the playing ranks and wound up assistant manager to Carrasco after the retirement of his previous assistant Martin Etienne. Developing his tactical mind through Carrasco's mentorship, many were hoping he'd take up the reigns at SSA rather than join the rest of the backroom team, he didn't want to pass up the opportunity to represent his country in the dugout.

First team coaches: Marcos Sevenoaks, 47 and Cyrone Eastwood, 39
Two players (also SSA legends, if you notice the recurring theme) who did get to make their mark for Semarland internationally. Marcos Sevenoaks was a powerful winger with a thunderous left boot and Cyrone Eastwood was a midfielder who was one of those midfielders who did the job and made things tick without everyone else really clocking what they were doing, but being aware...if that makes sense? Anyway, they're not bad coaches - not as good as they were players, mind, but Carrasco trusts them enough to come with him to the big stage. They might not have as much tactical input as Northfield does, but we're sure they'll throw a piece of advice in or too. Their experience as regular-ish internationals, something that Carrasco and Northfield lack, will come in handy too, especially considering none of these players have pulled on the Semarland shirt before.

Goalkeeping coach: Devane Marylebone, 53
The last of the legends (God, anyone would think the SFA were raging SSA ultras or something...) and like Sevenoaks & Eastwood, a pretty decent player for club and country. Might have been too old for the league title win, he played his part as goalkeeping coach and had earned his name in SSA legacy as a player beforehand anyway. We could write loads more waffle about his abilities as a goalkeeping coach, but we won't bore you - he does his job well and will no doubt pass on his experience well.

Fitness coach: Boscoe Baywood, 62
Physio: Maxwell Eirsen, 44
Okay, we can't really call these guys "legends", they never even played professionally, let alone for Semarland. Or SSA for that matter? Unless the 5-a-side league counts. But in seriousness they're good at their job. SSA rarely struggled with injuries during Carrasco's time as manager, and that was thanks to the training regimes and medcial attention of Boscoe Baywood and Maxwell Eirsen respectively. Hopefully Semarland won't struggle with injuries like they used to way back when. We might allow ourselves to get our hopes up...

PLAYERS:
All ages & statistics correct at the beginning of the 2052/53 season
GOALKEEPERS:
#1 - GK - Renell Jones - Age 21 - Krsthaven - 2 caps
#12 - GK - Jayreece DeCourtney - Age 29 - Eikborg Club - Uncapped
#13 - GK - Graham Nordmark - Age 27 - Brondby - Uncapped
Krsthaven didn't exactly have the best of seasons, but one positive that could be taken was the performances of their young goalkeeper Renell Jones, whom without they would have surely fared worse. Jones isn't the tallest of goalkeepers but boasts fantastic acrobatic prowess and reflexes, whilst Jayreece DeCourtney has been one of the more underrated goalkeepers in the Premarligaen, having been a solid pair of hands between the sticks for Eikborg Club for almost ten years now. Graham Nordmark isn't the most Premarligaen experienced option, with Brondby only returning to the fold last season, but he was one of the stars of their campaign despite their 15th place finish. Like Jones, it could be said they would have come out worse if it wasn't for him as their custodian.

DEFENDERS:
#2 - DR - Akim Hanley - Age 27 - Krsthaven - 4 caps
#3 - DL - Edgar Kangwa - Age 24 - Eikborg Club - 6 caps
#4 - DC - Gael Larsen (vc) - Age 27 - Krsthaven - 22 caps, 1 goal
#5 - DC - Dontell Rockfield - Age 21 - Aviddia United (KRY) - Uncapped
#18 - DC - Donell Brandon - Age 28 - FC Nuholm - Uncapped
#19 - DR - Diego Bonriou - Age 26 - FC Kolberg - 5 caps, 1 assist
#21 - DL - Rekim Amoah - Age 21 - Molsbik Arkjet - 2 caps
#22 - DC - Mark Bonstrom - Age 26 - FC Jansberg - Uncapped
Gael Larsen is named vice captain and deep down will be hurt that he's not called up for the CAFA. He wasn't objectively one of the worse players in World Cup qualifying, but Carrasco has decided he wants some experience in the side and Larsen has exactly that. He will likely partner a new face in Dontell Rockfield, an FC Jansberg academy graduate who recently moved abroad to Krytenia to ply his trade with Aviddia United, where he has impressed. The likes of Akim Hanley and Edgar Kangwa featured in the WCQs, whilst Rekim Amoah and Diego Bonriou were part of the most recent Olympics Squad. Mark Bonstrom and Donell Brandon are new faces in the international fold but have been amongst some of the most consistent performers for their clubs FC Jansberg and FC Nuholm respectively, and would like to take this chance to try and secure themselves in Carrasco's plans for WC96 qualifiers.

MIDFIELDERS:
#6 - DMC - Rameses Kristoffersen (c) - Age 26 - Molsbik Arkjet - 22 caps, 1 goal
#7 - AMR - Chris Simmonds - Age 26 - FC Jansberg - 5 caps, 1 goal
#8 - MC - John Omrore - Age 26 - Molsbik Arkjet - 11 caps, 1 goal, 2 assists
#10 - AMC - Pascal Geneva - Age 24 - Brondby - Uncapped
#11 - AML - Nahom Teklemariam - Age 21 - Kangemark Sport - 14 caps, 2 goals, 4 assists
#14 - MC - Morten Knutsen - Age 21 - Morannon Athletic FC (TKT) - Uncapped
#17 - DMC - Taymar Sandilands - Age 25 - BT Klub - Uncapped
#20 - AMRLC - Glenn Baah - Age 21 - FC Kolberg - 6 caps, 1 goal, 1 assist
#23 - MC - Jahmari Hexham-Courant - Age 19 - Krsthaven - Uncapped
Like Larsen, Rameses Kristoffersen might feel some disappointment to not be involved in the CAFA but will be a steady presence in midfield having now hopefully overcome his injury issues. It could be said Kristoffersen is much better for club than country, but the Molsbik Arkjet captain will be hoping to prove his doubters wrong this Brevity Cup. Midfield dynamo John Omrore and attackers Nahom Teklemariam and Chris Simmonds all impressed in their recent cameos, whilst there is a new face in Brondby's attacking midfielder Pascal Geneva, arguably their best player last season alongside goalkeeper Graham Nordmark. On the bench, only the versatile Glenn Baah has prior international experience (Olympics), whilst Krsthaven graduate Morten Knutsen has excelled abroad in Tikariot with Morannon Athletic FC. Krsthaven's young playmaker Jahmari Hexham-Courant is a player tipped for big things, whilst Taymar Sandilands was key in BT Klub's survival last season.

STRIKERS:
#9 - ST - Bismark Boateng - Age 26 - Molsbik Arkjet - 9 caps, 5 goals, 1 assist
#15 - ST - Neo Sundstrom - Age 21 - FC Nuholm - Uncapped
#16 - ST - Ramello Marshall - Age 20 - Kangemark Sport - 5 caps, 2 goals
Powerful forward Bismark Boateng boasts quite an impressive scoring record for the national team, with five goals in nine games a solid return, and the Molsbik Arkjet striker will be hoping to build on that this Brevity Cup. He's ably backed up by Ramello Marshall, another impressive figure in the most recent Olympics who turned down an offer from Krsthaven to remain at his hometown club Kangemark Sport for the upcoming season, whilst FC Nuholm's Neo Sundstrom is the final new face in the team after an impressive couple of seasons leading the line. Perhaps the strongest area of the team, despite the least experience, if the Premarligaen's goalscoring charts are anything to go off.

STYLE MOD: +2

RP Permissions Box
If my opponent RPs our match first, I give them permission to:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes.
Godmod scoring events: Yes.
RP Injuries to my players: Yes, within reason and I reserve the right to change severity.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, within reason and I reserve the right to change severity.
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes.
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes - 2 maximum, but not to the captain or vice captain please.
Godmod other events: Depending on what it is, please give me a message beforehand just in case!
The Republic of Semarland
Capital: Jansberg - Demonym: Semar/Semarlandic - Trigramme: SEM
sportsat.sem
Hosted: Trindl Cup I/II, Baptism of Fire 68
Champions: Meski Cup I, 5AS WC II, U18 WC I
<Nephara> RETURN OF Sem|Transfers THE PEOPLES' CHAMPION
<Jeck> If Sem RPs as much as he transfers, next cycle we're all screwed
<Yttribia> Sem seems like the sort of guy who'd work at Tesco's and slide his mixtape in each bag

Oberour Ar Moro
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

The New Game Brevity Challenge Cup Preview in 50 words.

Postby Oberour Ar Moro » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:31 pm

Oberour Ar Moro are taking part in their fourth straight Brevity Cup.

Archalit finished five points away from a playoff spot in World Cup 95.

Kanmer are making their debut in international football.

The 14 Stars finished 6th in their World Cup 94 qualifying group, then skipped World Cup 95.
_The Dominion of_Oberour Ar Moro_

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:57 pm

Qasden Association Football Association

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here’s a link to the roster (and style, RP permissions, etc) instead. Every person there is involved with the exception of DeFlummox, because fuck that guy. Replacing him is a revolving, random background character of the RPer’s choice.
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Khantari
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khantari » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:14 am

The Grove (26,100), Old Cave Grove, is a modern sporting landmark. Opened on 29 April 2009, the stadium has become a favorite for fans of rugby and soccer. Homebase for Old Cave Grove Football Club. Its energy-friendly and futuristic design and openable roof provide an extraordinary experience for every game.

Kanmer
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2023
Corporate Police State

Postby Kanmer » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:26 pm

KANMER IMPERIAL FOOTBALL TEAM

Starting 11 of the Kanmer Imperial Team.
Upper row, from left to right: Teylsik, Nahlgand, Dwarkin, Dwalin, Wirsen, Lenz (captain)
Lower row, from left to right: Marudwan, Hattin, Rainek, Dwarattin, Nereylik.

(dont pay attention to the europa league badges)

MAIN 11:

#1 GK Pawel Teylsik - age 28 - 186 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#14 LB Kensorin Hattin - age 26 - 187 cm - Caledon Simpson Image
#2 CB Pawel Lenz - age 30 - 180 cm - DFK Kanmer - CAPTAIN
#4 CB (RB) Kuzma Wirsen - age 25 - 184 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#5 RB Leanid Marudwan - age 27 - 175 cm - Spartak Nirsen
#6 CM Alexander Dwarkin - age 26 - 174 cm - DFK Kanmer
#21 CM Alexander Dwalin - age 27 - 180 cm - DFK Kanmer
#8 CM Zmitser Dwarattin - age 24 - 181 cm - DFK Kanmer
#36 LW (RW) Kirill Nereylik - age 19 - 165 cm - Dementer
#9 RW Wasil Nahlgand - age 32 - 194 cm - Dementer
#10 CF Euheni Rainek - age 29 - 184 cm - Rey Utarwalin

ALL PLAYERS:

Main 11 in bald

#1 GK Pawel Teylsik - age 28 - 186 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#30 GK Alexander Nahlwir - age 24 - 191 cm - DFK Kanmer
#57 GK Mikita Gupran - age 22 - 197 cm - DFK Kanmer

#14 LB Kensorin Hattin - age 26 - 187 cm - Caledon Simpson Image
#25 LB (CB) Anatol Marmik - age 20 - 184 cm - DFK Kanmer
#2 CB Pawel Lenz - age 30 - 180 cm - DFK Kanmer - CAPTAIN
#4 CB (RB) Kuzma Wirsen - age 25 - 184 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#18 CB Alexander Munesen - age 27 - 193 cm - Reisen
#16 CB Uladzimir Stubedar - age 28 - 189 cm - Morannon Athletic FC Image
#5 RB Leanid Marudwan - age 27 - 175 cm - Spartak Nirsen
#36 RB Mihal Harodman - age 28 - 180 cm - North Star Grimsey Image

#14 CDM Flarian Handorin - age 25 - 178 cm - Rozen
#6 CM Alexander Dwarkin - age 26 - 174 cm - DFK Kanmer
#21 CM Alexander Dwalin - age 27 - 180 cm - DFK Kanmer
#8 CM Zmitser Dwarattin - age 24 - 181 cm - DFK Kanmer

#28 CM Euheni Kanrin - age 20 - 173 cm - Spartak Nirsen
#20 CM Ihar Rindewan - age 28 - 177 cm - Secklow Image
#46 CM Mikita Insen - age 20 - 171 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#23 CAM Mikalai Nelker - age 24 - 173 cm - Dementer

#36 LW (RW) Kirill Nereylik - age 19 - 165 cm - Dementer
#41 LW (CF) Arkadz Rik - age 22 - 177 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#9 RW Wasil Nahlgand - age 32 - 194 cm - Dementer
#17 RW (LW) Todar Dwain - age 23 - 177 cm - Pale City Image
#54 RW Mikalai Korin - age 18 - 180 cm - DFK Kanmer
#10 CF Euheni Rainek - age 29 - 184 cm - Rey Utarwalin
#11 CF Euheni Wirdaner - age 25 - 182 cm - Emberton Hibernians Image
#18 CF Lazar Ralin - age 27 - 174 cm - Reimin Reihelen

COACHING STAFF:

Wiktar Ganrik - age 45 - Manager
Alexander Hattin - age 49 - Assistant manager
Todar Senren-Girwan - age 38 - Assistant manager

GROUP STAGE:

MD1: vs. Archalit #48 (a)
MD2: vs. The 14 Stars #178 (h)
MD3: vs. Oberour Ar Moro #77 (a)

RP Permissions
Choose my goal scorers: yes
Godmod scoring events: yes
RP injuries to my players: yes, but not serious
Godmod Injuries to my players: yes, but not serious
Hand out yellow cards to my players: yes
Hand out red cards to my players: yes, but TG me
Godmod other events: TG me beforehand

Style modifier: +2.1
Last edited by Kanmer on Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIAL WEATHER FOR 19.02:  Awenir: -7/-12, snow. Reylin: -4/-11, snow. Winar: -6/-11, snow.
IMPERIAL SPORTS NEWS: Ritsport

ǐ č ç ň ȟ ѣ ѩ

Ossidiacqua
Envoy

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ossidiacqua » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:35 am

Ayegbeni stood nervously in the tunnel, aware of the moment's gravitas. They'd practised every scenario possible in training, but not this. Absent-mindedly, he fiddled with the erchite bracelet on h->/

/<-hit him on the head and dropped to his feet. He passed the ball to Esteban and ran, scanning fo->/
The Former Oasirican Republic of Ossidiacqua - Pop. 87,500,000
Capital: Sant'Elia - Demonym: Acquan - Trigramme: OSD
Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 56
"If Found, Please Return to Time and Space"
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Vdara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vdara » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:28 am

Very Sexy Kirola Kits (Home, Away, Goalkeeper)
(ta muchly, Audio)

Somehow, Vdara returned.
We’ll keep this brief.

Squad
POS - Player Name - Sex - No. - Club
Formation: 4-3-3

GK - Zaharias Frangoglou ♂ - 1 - Panirakleios
LB - Tryfon Vlahiades ♂ (CAPTAIN) - 2 - Valletta
CB - Stamatios Christakos ♂ - 37 - CF Daineri (AUD)
CB - Katerina Stylianou ♀ - 3 - Betham FC (SYL)
CB - Takis Pipades ♂ - 4 - Columbia City (TMB)
RB - Manousos Athanas ♂ - 5 - Ierapetra
CM - Maria Hadjipavlou ♀ - 6 - Valletta
CDM - Lambros Tantalopoulos ♂ - 7 - Limecroft Et Abyss FC (KOR)
CM - Alessia La Rosa ♀ - 8 - Panirakleios
ST - Chirstoforos Lazelis ♂ - 22 - North Laithland (NPH)
ST - Sophia Kyprianou ♀ - 10 - Asteras Chania

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Substitutes

GK - Serapheim Metrakis ♂ - 13 - AE Pergamos
LB - Andreas Mitsotakis ♂ - 99 - Panirakleios
CB - Trifonas Tolakis ♂ - 23 - Strathcona Internationals (KLS)
CB - Evdoksia Galaniade ♀ - 33 - Limassol
CM - Akakios Demotis ♂ - 48 - CF Daineri (AUD)
LW - Mathaios Makrotsis ♂ - 9 - Mipojoseon (QUE)
ST - Andrianos Petras ♂ - 70 - Vermillion Rage (NPH)
ST - Ferrero Fotellis ♂ - 69 - Royal Emberton (KRY)
RW - Giovanni Rossi ♂ - 11 - Panirakleios

Player Bios:

The 32-year-old may have been left out of Vdara's Baptism of Fire squad, but this wasn't due to him being not good enough - simply being lost to time, forgotten about, brushed under the carpet. A move from Avondale Beach to SW Stahlberg didn't pan out well, but having since been repatriated Zaharias has returned to both his old team and his old ways, making exceptional saves in the Alpha League. This return to form, coupled with a Vdaran national team that leaks more goals than Fampritsio Romanotsis does transfers, has led to his triumphant re-addition to the squad.

Captain. Leader. Legend. Pensioner. Entering his ninth cycle as captain of the national team, the 45-year-old recently wound up his illustrious playing career in Audioslavia, having played for both 1830 and Union Cathair - and becoming an all-time legend in doing so. Nowhere near as quick as he used to be, or indeed as good, but where would the team be without him? The dumps, that’s where. If there’s a corner, free kick, or penalty to be taken, you can bet your house on him being there to accurately place the ball where it needs to be. Simply the best.

No longer the young gun he used to be, a successful campaign with CF Daineri culminating in promotion saw his reintroduction to Vdara’s first eleven. One of the tallest in the squad, he can most often be found playing important roles at set pieces on either side of the pitch - whether he’s blootering balls away with his massive head, or burying them in the net.

Acquitting herself well in both CAFA and the Baptism of Fire, Katerina has very quickly established herself as a very solid defender, having one of the highest tackle success percentages in the squad. Being one of the starting eleven’s younger members, she still has a long way to go before she’s known as one of the big boys - well, big girls. Even stronger performances in World Cup 95 saw her earn a move to Sylestone's Betham FC, earning her previous club Chaniakos a hefty €1.5million.

Originally intended to be a defensive midfielder, a trip abroad to Tumbra has seen him make extensive use of his defensive abilities - to such an extent that he now plays as a centreback. His original experience as a midfielder allows him to be an assured, ball-playing defender, with the caveat that an aggressive head on his broad shoulders means he’ll get involved in altercations with anyone and everyone, no matter whether they’re Tumbrans or Beefsteak Cityfolk - so you’ll want to watch your back.

Another old fella with dwindling pace, Manousos has spent his entire career in his native Vdara, playing nearly 300 games for Ierapetra. The lack of any clear replacement has left him as the only real choice for the position, but that hasn’t stopped him from putting in some of his best performances all season to keep him in the squad. He’s not likely to score, and he’s not likely to make a big impact, but he’s just happy to be there.

Known among fans as the “Maltese Magician”, the Valletta native has starred alongside national hero Vlahiades, with the two having built up a very effective partnership for club and country. Regularly making progressive runs into the box, Maria’s never too far from an attacking return, and in her early twenties could yet go international.

Once a popular midfielder with South Newlandian side Walstreim Lions, a move to Ko-oren and a conversion to striker saw little success, with Brunchester United AFC slipping further and further down the Ko-orenite footballing pyramid. Now at Limecroft Et Abyss FC, the man once touted as a future Vdaran captain now seems to be winding down a career which flattered to deceive - unless, of course, he can incite a revival.

Earning herself the title of “Dame of the Dodecanese” among supporters, Rhodes-born Alessia made the move from Rodos to Panirakleios as a youngster - and hasn’t looked back since. Consistently being Vdara’s anchor in the middle, pinging balls left, right, and centre, Alessia commonly has the highest amount of passes in every game she plays, and isn’t shy to have a pop at goal herself. One of the best players domestically, fans wouldn’t be surprised to see a move made for her in future…

Another legend-turned-pensioner, at the ripe old age of 35, Chirstoforos is nowhere near the clinical, vicious striker he was in his younger days. If anything, he lumbers around the pitch, being too slow to reach most passes - and despite this, he’s still Vdara’s best option upfront. Still with Nepharim side North Laithland, his sheer insistence on picking up paycheques seems to be the only thing motivating him to continue his illustrious playing career. Well, that and the fact that he’s bored out of his mind and wants to keep himself occupied. Expect him to be on the scoresheet often, even in his current state he’s got a deadly shooting boot.

Sophia’s international career couldn’t have started any better, contributing to victory and becoming the first girl to score for Vdara. Now joined by Maria, Katerina, and Alessia, she now finds herself as the most well-respected of them all, as some of their more old-timey-minded teammates struggle to wrap their heads around this new system of inclusion. The oldheads tend to ignore that sort of thing when they score, though. Nevertheless, Sophia very rarely drops a bad performance, covering nearly every blade of grass in the opponent’s final third, and terrorising any and every defender who dares come across her.

Information
Official Language: Vdaran
Manager: Markos Moustakakos (goalkeeper-turned-legend)
Home Stadium: VdarArena
Trigramme: VDR
Best result: 3rd in WC89 Group Stage
First International: Hapilopper 2 - 1 Vdara
Largest Win: Vdara 8 - 2 Cascadia
Largest Loss: Equestria 6 - 1 Vdara
Captain: Tryfon Vlahiades
Vice-Captain: Lambros Tantalopoulos
Oldest Player: Tryfon Vlahiades (aged 45)
Youngest Player: Andreas Mitsotakis (aged 19)
Style Modifier: +3
Cheapest Pint: €2.50, bosh. (inflation has caused the price to rise by 25%. horrific times. maybe consider tap water instead?)
Climate: Sizzling, but a bit colder than usual (it’s the mediterranean, and it’s winter!)
Presence of Darts: Widespread
Gyros Eaten This Year: 623,941 and counting

Bio
Where is Vdara? What is Vdara? Who are Vdara? Is it a state? It’s a state of mind, that’s for sure. Established during the times of Ancient Greek colonisation, the first Vdaran settlement was in the modern day capital city of Chania, where a valiant crew had stumbled upon after setting off from Athens, and decided to settle down. This settlement evolved into a city, and this city decided to set up its own settlements, spreading Vdaran culture and ideals across many of the Mediterranean islands, creating their own archipelago. The Vdaran archipelago would go on to change hands several times over the next few millennia, being held by the Turks, Venetians, and Greeks - to name just a few. Fast forward to the present, and now you have a gyro-eating, sports-loving nation with a people who are dedicated to following Vdaran football loudly and proudly. They’ve seen the highs, and they’ve seen the lows, and they’ll now see the present. Fiercely committed to defending their honour, every single Vdaran - from the players, to the coaches, to the ordinary man or woman chilling on their couch, shouting at their television - will be readily available to convince people that, no, Vdara are not has-beans. They’re the real deal.

Permissions
Do what you want. In fact, do your worst. Hurt my players. Send them to hell. I will bring them back. Send my players off - I have others. Suspend my entire team - we will bribe the referees. In fact, I encourage anyone to bribe referees against us - because they need the money.
(oh, and pick whoever you want to score goals. we’ve got plenty of players, so we’re bound to make some substitutions here and there.)
Come for the weather. Stay for the fitba. Leave for somewhere prettier.

Vdara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vdara » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 am

O proud Oracle, bless us in thy presence
Bring us luck, as well as thine essence
Ares’ spirit, we wish to embody
To make our defence slightly less shoddy
Incorporate Zeus, chosen divine
Make our midfield almighty fine
Lastly, we ask, incredibly humbly
To make our goalkeepers much less fumbly
Come for the weather. Stay for the fitba. Leave for somewhere prettier.

Kanmer
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2023
Corporate Police State

Postby Kanmer » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 am

Kanmer braces for the Brevity Cup, and fans are ready to support their team. One of them sent this poem to Adzinsen, the local newspaper of the Halitar Principality:

A cow and a hen,
a pig and a man.
Everyone waits for
the first national team cup
in their lifespan.
IMPERIAL WEATHER FOR 19.02:  Awenir: -7/-12, snow. Reylin: -4/-11, snow. Winar: -6/-11, snow.
IMPERIAL SPORTS NEWS: Ritsport

ǐ č ç ň ȟ ѣ ѩ

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:12 pm

All-Nagligusuŋniq Representative Squad

GK:
#1 Val Milner - 23 - F
#21 Gaspard Laframboise - 17 - M
#30 Mannie J. Tonraq - 16 - F

DF
#2 Bud Ikiaq - 20 - M
#3 Woo Hye-Jeong - 19 - F
#4 Jang Yeong-Seok - 40 - M
#5 Michelle Ikiaq - 18 - M
#6 Alanis Yuralria - 23 - F
#12 Vsevolod Liukin - 21 - M
#18 Julian Pendleton - 25 - M
#20 Jeanette McDonnell - 34 - F

MF
#8 Arnaud Sivudlerk - 21 - M
#13 Georgina Tambellini - 20 - F
#14 Gilles Siosal-Lafreniere - 34 - M
#15 Noelle Goh - 28 - F
#16 Kakortok Jean - 18 - M
#22 Connor Huang - 17 - M

FW
#7 Claudine Sivudlerk - 31 - F
#9 Motoki Yoshinobu - 21 - F
#10 Yaroslav Kaprizov - 19 - M
#11 Jeanne-Marie Gogou - 18 - F
#17 Etienne Beckinsale - 15 - M
#19 Stephane Moon-Berg - 26 - F

RP Permissions
Choose my goal scorers: DEFAULT Y.
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod Injuries to my players: N
Suspend my players: Y
Godmod suspension events: N
Godmod other events: N

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 pm

The Valentian International Football Association – Fifty.

Will the Valentians make it this time? It's hard to tell. But one thing is for sure - that they are back for more. In both IAC 20 and Brevity Cup 7, they are sure to try their best once more.

Previous uniforms:

The Valentian Kittens' Roster

Team Manager / Captain: Exuberant Superintendent T-2000/2904-3 Surveillant Clarissa Alanis Star Breya « La Amoureux Chéri » Millie Taissa Butterfly Mélody Coraline Jolijn Trini Clementine Hollie Samantha Zeta Harumi.

Current Roster: Formation 3-3-4 / 3 forward, 3 midfielders, 4 defenders, 1 goalkeeper.)

Red = Injured and out, Green = Able to be substituted if you do injure my players; green players in order of preference of substitution.

Goalkeeper:
# 4 - Eveline Valeria Annalise Tiêu Xuân Ngọc - 242.86 cm - F - Nam Từ Liêm, Hanoi, Vietnam
# 64 - Martina Anastasia Hedvig X. Luna Bukvić - 239.25 cm - F - Martian Territories of Valentine Z
# 1 - Dawson Joshiah Davidson Brooks Marshall - 239.90 cm - M - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Alanis Star, Valentine Z
# 2 - Jakov Emile Janessa Mirko Varteks Modrić - 245.72 cm - M - Varaždin, Croatia
# 8 - Josief A. Yandi Eko Yohanes Dharmawijaya - 244.12 cm - M - Gelora, Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta, Indonesia

Forward:
# 3 - Holly Annemiek Gerrieke Van De Hoogte - 240.80 cm - F - Zaanstad, Netherlands, Victoriaans Nederlands, Valentine Z
# 10 - Joaquina Samanta Alonso Clara Lombardo - 237.10 cm - F - Lanús, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Alanis Star, Valentine Z
# 11 - Kortnev Grigoriy (Grisha) Konstantinovich - 241.08 cm - M - Saint Petersburg, Russia, Valentine Z
# 6 - Štěpánka Caitlin Madeline W. Sedláčková - 241.74 cm - F - Brno, South Moravian, Czech Republic, Valentine Z
# 7 - Emerson Jamie Taylor Erin Scott Maddox - 238.07 cm - M - Mankato, Minnesota, United States of America, Voorzichtigheid, Valentine Z
# 5 - Elisabetta Enzo Hannah Lodovica D'Elia - 237.71 cm - F - Florence, Tuscany, Italy, Valentine Z

Midfielders:
# 20 - Sammie Arif Raihan Bin Mohamamad Andika - 238.66 cm - M - Singapore, Singapore, Valentine Z
# 30 - Antel Marcel Georgia Katona Vass Dániel - 241.06 cm - M - Székesfehérvár, Central Transdanubia, Hungary, Valentine Z
# 88 - Clemente Kenneth Evans L. Jiang Guanyu - 240.10 cm - M - Taiyuan, Shanxi, China, Vostrov, Valentine Z
# 14 - Katarzyna Violetta Zofia Aleks Polańska - 244.25 cm - F - Chorzów, Poland, Valentine Z
# 31 - Daina Allison Leela Phon Seng Sreynuon - 234.75 cm - F - Sihanoukville, Cambodia, Valentine Z

Defenders:
# 40 - Iraj Alexander Soroosh Homayoun Hashempour - 237.50 cm - M - Ahvaz, Khuzestan, Iran, Valentine Z
# 50 - Helen Jennifier Hiroto Morishita Chiyumi - 242.25 cm - F - Osaka, Kansai, Honshu, Japan, Vostrov, Valentine Z
# 55 - Nathaniel Orla Hayden Johnstone McMahon - 241.00 cm - M - East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Victoriaans Nederlands, Valentine Z
# 65 - Sigfreður Gamalíel Onyx Jason Steinason - 240.55 cm - M - Martian Territories of Valentine Z
# 60 - Marlene Isabelle Lisa Roselyne Pasquier - 235.11 cm - F - Saint-Denis, Paris, France, Victoriaans Nederlands, Valentine Z
# 70 - Vanuza Poliane Elaine Castro dos Reis - 237.66 cm - F - Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, Alanis Star, Valentine Z

Outside of the football field, they are 2.66x taller.

Choose my scorers: Y
Give yellow cards to my players: Y, but TG/DM me first, please.
Give red cards to my players: N
RP injuries to my players: Yes, minor injuries only. No career-ending ones.
Godmod scoring events: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y, but TG/DM me first for major events.

Style modifier: + 4.00

Primary Color: #3DC0FF
Secondary Color: #3366FF

Animal Mascot:

Stadium Information: Please see previous RPs. I declare that they are not new info written for Brevity Cup 7.
Stadium information from World Cup 91’s RP.
Stadium information from IAC 17’s RP. Same as WC91, but with visuals.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:36 pm

In tradition with last time, Tikariot roster, bare minimum.

RP Permissions
Choose my goal scorers: Yay
Godmod scoring events: Nay
RP injuries to my players: Yay (Within reason)
Godmod Injuries to my players: Nay
Suspend my players: Yay (Within reason)
Godmod suspension events: Nay
Godmod other events: Nay
Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:40 pm

The Snowy Owls were perched upon the branches of the Iqaluit trees. A new battle was about to start, a new challenge to brave, just with new protagonists. The Kytler Peninsulae, the hosts Quebec and Shingoryeo and finally Tinhampton. They were hungry, their talons sharp. The Parliament was in session.
Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:05 pm

NATION INFO

Full nation name: The Glorious Free Republic of Saint Kanye
Short nation name: St. Kanye
Trigramme: STK
Demonym: Yeezie
Nickname: Surge

UNIFORMS

(1st row: Primary, clash
2nd row: Third, goalie)

STAFF

All players and staff are male, starters in bold.

Manager: Erhard Krieger
Assistant manager: Jimmy Osbert
Coach: Geoffrey Robb
Coach: Karl Midge
Coach: Johnathan Scarlett
Physio: Zachary Dixon

PLAYERS

Goalkeepers: 1 Stanley Cruz / 25 Alan Percival / 40 Gael Thorpe

Left Backs: 5 Clement Tudor / 23 Scott Wrenley
Right Backs: 13 Jonas Koppel / 2 Keiran Dalton
Center Backs: 4 Wayne Burke / 19 Tanner Nwosu / 29 Aaron Covington / 33 Lee Buckley / 32 Logan Lynch

Left Midfielders: 18 Kristian Mikkelsen / 21 Paul Muhammad
Right Midfielders: 88 Byron Black / 8 Jamie Birch
Center Midfielders: 12 Paolo Di Maio / 16 Andrew Oakes / 14 Erik Trevelyan

Left Wingers: 20 Duncan Darby / 9 Richie Ingram
Right Wingers: 30 Justin Walsh / 31 Cade Rosberg
Strikers: 10 Flint Evans / 15 Colin Vassell / 24 Gareth Holligan

Penalty takers: 30 Walsh - 10 Evans - 4 Burke - 18 Mikkelsen - 20 Darby - 24 Holligan - 14 Trevelyan

FORMATION

RP PERMISSIONS

Choose my goal scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Da
RP injuries to my players: Nope
Godmod Injuries to my players: Nah
Suspend my players: No, but yellows allowed
Godmod suspension events: No way
Godmod other events: TG me here or PM me on Discord
Style Mod: √10 (or simply 3.162)
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:22 pm

In St. Kanye, stock car racing, gridiron and basketball are the three most popular sports.

Meanwhile soccer, while still behind the big three, is currently on the rise.

The result? The formation of its first ever international team.

World Cup, here we come!

....Nah, too brutal.

It's Brevity Cup, baby!
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:16 pm

MD1 Cutoff

Tables to be up starting MD2.

Group A
Qasden 1–1 North Pole and South Lapland
Valentine Z 3–2 Abanhfleft

Group B
Tikariot 2–1 Tinhampton
Quebec and Shingoryeo 3–1 The Kytler Peninsulae (scorinated by Tumbra)

Group C
Drawkland 4–1 Khantari
Poafmersia 3–0 Britonisea

Group D
Vdara 3–2 Ossidiacqua
Delaclava 1–2 Semarland

Group E
Cardenao 3–1 Kunskil
Carpathia and Ruthenia 2–0 United Hawkland

Group F
Archalit 4–2 Kanmer
Oberour Ar Moro 4–1 The 14 Stars

Group G
Huayramarca 0–0 Saint Kanye
Indusse 3–0 Sefiloa
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Postby North Pole and South Lapland » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:05 am

They all gasped in shock
"How could they?" "Who snatched them all?"
"Where are they hiding?"

Fingers were pointed
Hooves raised, snowballs projected
A meltdown began

Santa rose again
"Enough! Pause the witch-hunt, please."
"We need evidence."

He brought in Luffy
"DI Luffy is in charge."
"You answer to him."
Last edited by North Pole and South Lapland on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports