NATION

PASSWORD

The Eagle's Cup :: IX :: Rosters, RP, Scores (Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 am

The Turnip: Secrets behind the Eagle's Club
by Billiam Maskey, chief-editor-in-chief

Well how rude! Those Vilitans and those Turorians keep refusing to give The Turnip entry into """The Eagle's Club""", the supposed sponsor of the Eagles Cup. Fine! We'll create our own club with blackjack and hookers instead! But before we do that, we have an insider source who is willing to throw down all that goss as to what really happens behind the scenes at The Eagle's Club.

1. There always was, and there always will be two factions doing battle against each other for the hearts and minds of the Eagle(')s Club

Ever since time immemorial, there have been two factions -- good and evil, that have done battle inside The Eagle's Club for the spirit of the club. This conflict revolves around whether an apostrophe should appear in the phrase "Eagle's Cup". At least a hundred lives have been lost over this noble fight, with the apostrophe-loving pedantic grammarians of Eauz completely cancelling out the apostrophe-anarchists of Kingsford. That's why these two nations have not participated in the "Eagles Cup" since the modern times -- both teams of football players completely wiped each other out in the club, and their names are never spoken of ever again. Indeed, one just has to look at the glossy brochure that the Eagle's Club has put out concerning the history of the Eagles Club:

"The Eagle's Club is proud to present Eagles Cup, a modern era re-incarnation of the historic Eagle's Cup."

It looks like the battle between good and evil continues. Who is good and who is evil? You be the judge.

2. The clubhouse has some very weird drinks

Well, leaving aside the dramatic battles of the Eagles Club, they have some rather ... rarefied drinks steeped in tradition. These include a drink made up of the liquified crushed up cocoabo feathers served inside a Tropicorp ball, a beet juice that doubles up as a natural laxative (because of course, they are a shit root vegetable), and even raw eagle's egg smoothie, which is basically just six mixed up eagles egg -- protein heavy for any Eagle's Cup player. Of course, our clubhouse is going to be much cooler: we're going to have only one drink, the Şalgam, which is best eaten after a kebab. You can't even order a kebab at the Eagles Club! Too much carbs and too much Cocoabo meat they proclaim, pfft, you think you are better than us with your healthy eating. Think again busters!

3. Northwest Kalactin is a fake country

In all of our extensive records digging, Northwest Kalactin has never ever won the Eagle's Cup. Yet, they have somehow been allocated to the Eagles Club group, despite no record of their win. Intriguing, I know. Therefore, there is only one rational conclusion we can draw: the entire country of Northwest Kalactin is a marketing gimmick of the Eagle's Club so as to round out the numbers. As everyone knows, there are exactly fifteen countries that are deranged enough to enter the Eagle's Cup. I mean, seeing Electrum in the list of participants says it all really. If Northwest Kalactin is real, then where is Southeast Kalactin? Or the original Kalactin? Will the real Kalactin stand up? No, of course we won't see that happen, because Northwest Kalactin is just a fiction invented by the Eagles Club to sell more tickets or something.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:35 am

Nephara 4 - 0 Xanneria
(4-4-2) 12 - Garamond; 2 - Soeringer (17 - Novick 71'), 5 - Clevinger, 22 - Brabanzon, 19 - Seselja; 13 - Reed (7 - Westerveld 63'), 15 - Sable, 21 - Marshall, 16 - Kalevi; 9 - Avetisyan, 17 - Stonemoore (23 - North 57')
Goals: Seselja 8', Avetisyan 13', Stonemoore 37', Marshall 55'

Poafmersia 0 - 5 Nephara
(4-4-2) 12 - Garamond; 17 - Novick, 5 - Clevinger, 19 - Brabanzon, 3 - Strasbourg; 7 - Westerveld (13 - Reed 79'), 4 - Timekeeper, 8 - Fletcher (21 - Marshall 75'), 11 - Latimore; 9 - Avetisyan (17 - Stonemoore 68'), 14 - Gjasula
Goals: Latimore 14', Fletcher 26', Strasbourg 47', Gjasula 83', Reed 90+2'

Nephara 1 - 0 Starblaydia
(4-4-2) 12 - Garamond; 2 - Soeringer, 5 - Clevinger (6 - Anderson 84'), 19 - Brabanzon, 3 - Strasbourg (19 - Seselja 64'); 7 - Westerveld, 4 - Timekeeper (15 - Sable 76'), 8 - Fletcher, 16 - Kalevi; 9 - Avetisyan, 14 - Gjasula
Goal: Avetisyan 58'

THE HERALD
FROM THE CORMORANT'S MOUTH: SIGHTS AND SOUNDS OF BRINEMOUTH
Xerxes Auckland

As our bold fledglings continue to blaze an inexorable trail towards glory, they bid farewell to the Brinemouth Eagles' Club - at least, as far as the group stages are concerned - with a perfect record. A towering header from Voska Avetisyan and a third consecutive clean sheet for Garamond ensured they left with a bang.

Curiously, none of the squad are actually from Brinemouth, themselves. So we - formerly, of course, the Brinemouth Herald - took it upon ourselves to ask these players, some of whom have never actually played in the Premiership, what they thought of the great port city.

Pristina Soeringer (Newrook, LZC)
"I guess I'm the closest person in the squad to actually being from here. Well, Coasties gotta stick together. At least we would if there were any. I mean there's Reniira. But she's blue. And Raluca. But she's uptight. Anyway, it's nice, I guess."

Monika Strasbourg (Cranequin, TRI)
"I don't know. It feels like it's trying too hard. Cranequin? Man, back home it's all organic and shit. But like organic culture. Not, like, organic mushrooms or coconut milk or whatever. That, they got here. Hey, you're welcome to it."

Rook Timekeeper (Sabrefell, ARI)
"Yeah, well, trust me. First I heard you even had this big famous clock was when the first guy cracked the first joke. Ever since then it's been ha ha Timekeeper ha ha there's a clock here ha ha. I went and looked at it. To prove a point. It's a clock. Who gives a shit? Get a watch."

Chantal Kalevi (Vermillion, PAR)
"I've been on the beaches whenever I've had a moment to myself. South shore, east shore... hey, you got a shore, that's automatically the best thing about your place. Too bad it's cloudy as shit, if I wanted a tan I'd be fucked, hey?"

Ruby Gjasula (Sabrefell, ARI)
"This place is a shithole. Come back when you got a Museum of Guillotines. Fucking loved that place when I was a kid!"

Exene Fletcher (Boltcroft, CRE)
"This guy in a cafe walked up to me and told me my club's name is meant to be spelt 'Rogue'. Bet he was... bet he was 'red' in the face, wow. Like... like rouge? You know? I play for-- I play for Hellin-- look, don't-- it was a nice cafe. That do anything for you? Yeah, I had a fucking mocha. Yes, it was skim!"

Voska Avetisyan (Umbershore, Iskandervale)
"I dunno, man, I've never been here in my life before."
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:10 am

From the National Museum of Ethnography. These tokens may represent the earliest Græntfjaller “ticket stubs”. Græntfjall has a strong tradition of popular democracy, and the Thing traces its origins back to the historic Althing. There is a much less strong tradition of robust institutions preventing corruption, however. Chieftains would hold glíma (wrestling) bouts, and distribute meat and ale to the spectators, who would gain admission by presenting their voting token, on which they drew the rune of their choice. The voter on the right appears to have scratched out their original vote and drawn in a new vote: a genuine change of political conscience or just an attempt to gain access to both chieftains’ bouts? Contemporary politicians are sometimes accused of using ‘whalemeat and glíma’, a charge similar to that of ‘panem et circenses’ in countries with a Roman political tradition.

The North Háttmark rivalry is the fiercest sports rivalry in Græntfjall, pitting Gunzlach against Steinaux, and continuing to this day. There is no sectarian or ethnic component to the rivalry, though that doesn’t stop it being fiercely contested. This ticket stub, though undated, must hail from the pre-communist era given the historic spelling of “Stein-aux” and use of shilling denominations (a ticket at the contemporary Steinaux ground will set you back more than 50 kronor!). Note that the sport being played is rugby (hence “RFC”), a game virtually unknown in modern Græntfjall, whose major sports are now association football and ice hockey. Basketball’s presence is growing, and winter sports such as bandy, skiing and curling remain popular.

The largest sporting event in the country is the Tour af Græntfjall, a grueling multi-stage road cycling race. Millions line the route each summer and it is generally considered the biggest single draw for tourists. The race sweeps through scenic Græntfjaller towns before beginning the grim ascent of the Rushmori Alps. Colored jerseys are awarded for different classifications: blue for overall winner (Elínmundur Marijónsson of Team GTV, whose normal purple jersey can be seen on domestique Erlar Þeysson), white for best young rider (Nökkvi Þórmarsson of Team TQG), black-and-red polka dot for mountains champion (Sanford Thivault, a Tikariot former Olympian now riding for Team OM), and green for best sprinter (Auðunn Álfarsson of Team FKÞ, not pictured here, and probably toiling 20 km back on the road).

Græntfjall and Tikariot enjoy many close cultural and sporting links. However, the two countries do have their differences. In Græntfjall, the summer bat-and-ball game is a unique national variant called sjlongball. In Tikariot, the more mainstream baseball is far more popular. As can be seen from this headline, dating from remarks made by Græntfjall’s ambassador to Tikariot before the recent World Baseball Classic, it’s a sport that’s never really caught on here and retains fairly limited understanding. Similarly cricket, with variants including street cricket played with a tennis ball wrapped in electrical tape, and beach cricket played with plastic equipment, is popular in Græntfjaller Multinesia but totally unknown on the mainland.

Posted on the Cultural Imperialism Is Big, Cool and Clever tourism travel blog.
    Review: Royal Archipelagic, Græntfjaller Multinesia ★★★★☆

We booked a weekend away in the Indies, with the main object of interest being the Eagle’s Cup clash against world champions Banija! Seeing the new National High Performance Sports Center was almost worth the trip alone: it’s an awesome structure, occupying a huge stretch of cleared jungle. As it’s so new my guidebook was a little out of date and still had listed some kind of nature preserve and religious ceremony site there, but I think we can all agree that a multisports facility is a much better use of the space.

The match itself was well attended. The resort seems to be booming in popularity and the tickets themselves were quite cheaper, a lot more affordable than the home games during the Copa Rushmori. Of course that doesn’t include the price of the hotel and air fare… Everyone was excited because the Banijans are the world number ones and current world champions, but the Snow Wolves made it a real contest. After a cautious first half, the pace really increased; it was good to see the Græntfjaller players’ improved fitness in the scorching, humid conditions. Banija led 2 – 0 but on debut, Rato Guðmannsson scored with basically his first touch, a flick-header from a corner, and then in the penultimate minute of the game Abigail Admassu was sent off for a foul in the box. Hrærekur Jvarsson converted it to spark absolute rapture around the stadium. Holding Banija to a draw is an incredible accomplishment after a tough few months post-CR.

As I say we booked a weekend, and so the original plan was to head back after the match, but we were so buoyed by the party atmosphere after the final whistle that we ended up being talked into extending our stay. We went deep sea fishing, took a snorkel tour of the reefs, and had a guided walk through the Fringed Highlands. We were disappointed not to see any turtles, but the ones we had for dinner were delicious. The hotel was very impressive and the staff helpful, polite, and appropriately deferential. Not a cheap vacation in the end but well worth the kronor.
Græntfjall – 2 (2)
Jorgesson; Thorleifsson Image (68’ Nilsson Image), Reynarsson, Bensson, Lúthersdóttir; Tronsson Image (28’) Image (68’), Jvarsson Image (88’ pen.), Ásvaldursson Image (87’); Heikkisdóttir, Harrysson Image (52’ Svennsson Image Image (86’)); Bergmundursson Image (52’ Guðmannsson Image Image (57’))

Banija – 2 (1)
Kouyaté; Dibba, Uchie Image (72’), Sowe Image (18’) Image (65’ Ouattara Image); Coote, Halim Image (41’), Kama Image (78’ Sey Image), Dawit; Admassu Image (61’) Image (88’); Dione Image (54’) Image (64’ Touré Image), Baldeh
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:59 pm

The trip to Northwest Kalactin had been a success. At least on the field; getting around amid the anarchic street signs was a challenge. Between their limited government and their diversity of road warnings, some pundits considered them to be the heirs apparent to the bygone associations of Paripana. Other pundits thought this was a pretty stupid analogy.

Sam Olstein was one of the latter class of pundits. He was from some country that wasn't Zwangzug, our sources being temporarily absent from such conduits of international news and sociality to request a nationality on short notice, but was following along anyway. He thought the not-so-grande dames of the team might make an interesting story; Paige Daunten was the longest-tenured member of the team, with Sydney Stefred half a cycle behind. The latter belonged to the Arlington side who had become an unlikely dynasty, while the former had spent time in the Nephara and Farfadillis leagues. To the best of Olstein's calculations, she was only 31, which wasn't that old in goalkeeper years, but the Zwangzugians didn't seem like the sorts that readily entered into such chronological discussions.

More immediate than the matter of Daunten's birthday, however, was the package that had been neatly wrapped for her upon her return to Forbridge and that she picked apart neatly. "What's that?" Olstein ventured.

"Kit," said Daunten.

"I...see," he said. "What's the, er, pattern?"

Paige had learned a variety of interesting things in Farfadillis, including but not limited to how to maintain one's composure in the face of an unrelenting wall of flame. "I think it's a complex domain."

"A what?"

"Well," said Paige, "if you iterate the function z^2 + c, and plug the output you get back into the input, where z is a complex number--"

"Never mind," Olstein rushed. "Uh, are you gonna wear that for the last group match?"

"Maybe." Daunten shrugged.

"It could be for the quarterfinals," Jonah suggested, "if we get that far."

"Right!" said Olstein, riffling through his notes with suggested prompts. "What about the rest of you, do you have special throwback uniforms to wear?"

"This is the same style we've always worn," said Jonah. "White with black stripes, black with white stripes. It's the same difference."

"But the flag's changed, at least," Olstein pressed.

"Sure."

"Okay. Well. Ignoring all the meat in the sandwich, looking back only at your national team's debut, how much has changed?"

"What sandwich?" Paige asked, poking at the package to make sure it didn't contain any other surprises.

"Uh..." said Olstein. "You don't have a nickname now, do you?"

"Not me, no."

"Not the team as a whole, either?"

"No."

"But back in the day, like way far back, you used to be the peons?"

"That sounds right," Jonah said, "but I'm not actually sure. Where's this going?"

"Mostly to fill space, at this point," admitted Olstein good-naturedly.

"Fuck space," said Sydney.

Olstein had heard his share of swear words over the years. There were cultures where no one would ever dare utter such an invective. And there were cultures where they barely registered, the verbal equivalent of an "um" or "uh." Then there were places in between, where they were sufficiently rare to register. Even if certain people used them liberally, they still stood out against the background chatter, as if the speaker was desperate to stand out from her city, her country, whichever it may be. Sydney was someone who not only knew how to detonate f-bombs; she knew how to aim them.

Jonah belatedly tried to take control of the situation. "You know what, let's all get some rest, and get ready for a big game tomorrow, new kits or no new kits."

"No," said Sydney. "He's going to follow you around like a fucking duckling, and you're gonna ramble about the bits and pieces you've picked up over the years, and he's gonna string them together with some padding and filler and look-at-the-lake-isn't-it-beautiful, fuck the lake. If this dude has some stupid questions to ask about the legacy of the fucking national team or whatever, he can ask me."

"I thought you hated history," said Paige.

"I do! That's why he has to ask me, because the rest of you dumbfucks will mess it up."

The rest of the team was, if not quite inured to Sydney's use of language, sufficiently used to it to avoid comment. Olstein wasn't sure how to respond beyond "Thank you for your time."

"Once," said Sydney, "upon a fucking time..."

(McCarthy 78; Idmar 13 and 36, McCollins 50, Noile-Murne 57)
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:59 pm

And so, it has come to this. The teams that bookended the last World Cup cycle with trophies, Baptism of Fire winners Græntfjall (for those not in the know, imagine a Polar Islandstates tribute band) and Cup of Harmony winners Krytenia, meet in a match where only one can advance to the last eight. Home fans, visiting supporters and intrigued neutrals alike have descended upon the city of Emberton for what they hope will be an exciting feast of football.

Before the game, though, there's time to kill, so what to do?

Well, the first thing to know is that Krytenians like their food spicy. This is the nation that unleashed the vindaloo brownie on the world, after all. Any restaurant worth its salt in the capital will have a selection of curries, chillis, and other spicy treats. Our recommendation is the Cardamom Lounge just off Warzycha Square in the West City district; their duck massaman is to die for, and won't blow your head off.

Chances are, the heat of a fine Krytenian curry will get the feet moving. If that's the case, there's a selection of fine places of interest. Warzycha Square itself, with its ornate marble fountains and bronze statue of the former leader, is a good place to start. From there, head east down Bourne Street and you'lll find the National Media Museum. Bourne Street was traditionally the centre of Krytenian journalism, though with the exception of the staunchly traditional Post, the newspaper industry has moved to the Riverside district further down the Rio Dioro. The museum itself charts the storied history of the nation's newspaper, television, and film industry, with interactive exhibits to keep the kids entertained.

A little further on, and you'll find the famed theatre district of Lime Avenue. The mile-long street is ablaze with the neon and LED lights of various plays, musicals, and revues. Vendor kiosks selling tickets are dotted along the street, allowing the casual connoisseur to find a good deal on an evening performance. Beware of the "Mystery Special"; a trick for vendors to sell tickets to underperforming shows by offering a knockdown price for an envelope containing two tickets to a show that "could be anything" but most likely be one of the struggling plays attended by the actors' families and Barry from Bromham. Don't talk to Barry from Bromham, we don't trust him.

Closer to the football ground itself, you can find the Olympic Gallery. It's fre to enter, and showcases a treasure trove of Olympic memorabilia, from Scott Moreaux's gold-medal winning running spikes from Columbia, to a host of curios and ephemera from the Emberton Games. Buying a plushie of Crighton, the lion mascot from the Games, is unavoidable. They're everywhere, even now. Seriously, the company that makes them must breed them somewhere.

We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you're from Not Polar Islandstates, we suggest you drown your inevitable sorrows at the Ice Club in the Lowess district two metro stops down from the ground. The Potazzi flavoured vodka will flow like your tears.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

ECMD5 v . Valanora + BOF III Ticket Stub

Postby Turori » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:57 pm

The National Team of Turori made its competitive multiversal debut during the Baptism of Fire Cup prior to World Cup 15. While historically this would be regarded as the third Baptism of Fire Cup, at the time there was no historical precedence for the ongoing and regular contesting of the Baptism of Fire Cup as an established competition. As a result the competition was known at the time only as the "Baptism of Fire Tournament" for "Teams that will be participating in their first World Cup for World Cup 15".

Just 8 nations contested the tournament with a group of four nations in Commerce Heights and a second group of four nations in Rejistania. Incredibly, despite the passage of 72 World Cup Cycles, two of the nations that competed against each other for Group 2 in Rejistania would still be competing against each other during Eagle's Cup XIX.

While the fact that Turori and Krytenia spawned from the same Baptism of Fire Group may be a well known fact among sporting historians - two nations that are considered by some as two of the strongest and most perplexing nations to have never won the World Cup title, few remember that Turori were actually defeated in their opening match of the tournament by a little known nation by the name of Morriganavia. In fact, Turori were dead last in Group 2 despite taking their first ever point from Krytenia on Matchday 2 but a victory on the final matchday catapulted the Eels into the Semi-Finals. After an extra time victory in the Semi's, Turori would be crowned champions in the final with their defeat of Ascensia in the Hanin Sekhika Stadium in Rejistania to become at the time just the second winners of the Baptism of Fire Trophy.

Fast forward to the present and Turori were fighting for a different trophy against one of the giants of the sport - Valanora. Both sides seemed virtually assured to go through to the Semi-Finals and were looking for placement when Turori got the deciding goal through Cuoabaza Orani'aoa just before the hour mark. The win put the Eels 3 points clear of third place Zwangzug heading into the final matchday of the group stage.

While the match was played in Valanora, some visiting fans had stayed beyond following the Eels Matchday 3 draw against Northwest Kalactin in Cocoabo Park. As typical, admission to the match at the Cocoabo Park Stadium came with discounted admission to the Park itself. Fans holding a ticket to the match against Northwest Kalactin could show their Ticket Stub at the main Cocoabo Park to receive either 50% off a single entry ticket or a Buy one, Get two special offer.

Turori 1 - 0 Valanora	
Goals: :: 56' Cuoabaza Orani’aoa
Team: Timaala Hualtia, Lulu Pumaziiri, Biliki Rona'atu'i (Naraiza Ruaplal 62'), Moumouni Verre'elali, Kiidallen Aeroluzzi, Daliora Toru'u (Tulaki Rauogba 76'), Mbdiai Akarenaa (Turakia Diijelhma 63'), Kentu Umaka'a, Cuoabaza Orani’aoa, Meldi'ita Mungwaii, Wiztsana Iretziia

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:42 am

Top Stadiums To Visit in The Eternal Empire

5. Donna Cathedral
Located in Mar Sara, this stadium was once an actual Christian Cathedral that was built by a group of humans that attempted to convert the elves to their religion. It has been renovated and upgraded several times to bring it aligned with more modern buildings and other stadiums in the nation after its conversion from a cathedral to stadium. However at its core, it is an old and historically important location within all the Empire and an early sign of how the elves saw promise in their humanoid couisins.

4. Angelotic Temple
Unlike the Donna Cathedral, the Angelotic Temple is in fact still a place of worship, though it was built by the followers of Elune and not an outside religion. This building was once the main location of the clergy of Elunism, before the High Priestess' Temple was built outside of Char Sara, closer to the heart of the Empire compared to Longview.

3. The White Fortress
This stadium is a symbol for the city which it is located and the grand nature of Gladerial that has faded but come back to life as of late. For centuries The White Fortress was the fort from which the former capital defended itself and most of the northern part of the empire, even being used by Tobias Raynor several decades ago as a fortification and refugee shelter during a dark elf invasion. Its pristine white walls are a thing of beauty and they could tell many stories of heroics if only the walls could talk.

2. The Battleground
The youngest stadium on this list, being less than a century old, yet this stadium is the crown jewel of Vanorian engineering excellence, with all the modern amenities that any sports enthusiast would come to expect from any modern venue. Despite its young nature, this stadium has seen its fair share of history, with Starblaydia having won its fifth title inside these walls, as well as numerous international Finals as well a domestic international Finals. It is a venue of spectacle and history, home to the very best club Valanora has to offer as well in Raynor City United. Designed in such a way that there is not a bad seat in the entire building, it is definitely a venue that any fan of the game should visit if given the opportunity.

1. Hatire Memorial
Located on the island of Capri, in the city of the same name, this is the second youngest stadium on the list but it is one that is the home of the national team squad and has the national team museum in an attached facility, where all the replica trophies of the titles and medals that the Marauders have won over their nearly century and a half of playing the game are displayed and collected. Murals decorate the walls, with exhibits detailing the history and accomplishments of various members of the national team past as well as the teams themsleves. While most of the Empire does not have many statues, this is one venue that actually has one, with the legendary Jas Hatire having a statue outside the ground, standing vigil over the stadium as he once stood vigil in protecting the Empire itself. While not as young nor as flashy as the Battleground, there is a certain cultural importance and distinguished feel to the Hatire Memorial that no other stadium has and makes it the very best football stadium in all of the Empire to visit.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Eagles Club
Attaché

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Eagles' Cup IX :: Matchday 6 Scores

Postby Eagles Club » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 am

Image MATCHDAY 6 Image

Eagles Club Group
Zwangzug [2] Valanora [2]
Northwest Kalactin [3] Turori [4]
Eagles Select Group
Legalese [0] Savojarna [1]
Chromatika [1] Electrum [2]
Champions Group
Krytenia [1] Graintfjall [3]
Valladares [4] Banija [4]
Confederations Group
Xanneria [2] Nephara [4]
Poafmersia [1] Starblaydia [1]

Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy at the Eagle's Club
----Eagles Club Group     P  W  D  L GF-GA     GD  Pts
[1] Turori 6 4 2 0 13-8 +5 14
[2] Valanora 6 3 1 2 16-12 +4 10
3- Zwangzug 6 2 2 2 12-11 +1 8
4- Northwest Kalactin 6 0 1 5 12-22 -10 1
----Eagles Select Group   P  W  D  L GF-GA     GD  Pts
[1] Chromatika 6 3 1 2 12-9 +3 10
[2] Legalese 6 3 0 3 12-11 +1 9
3- Electrum 6 3 0 3 11-13 -2 9
4- Savojarna 6 2 1 3 9-11 -2 7

Cup of Champions at the Eagle's Club
----Champions Group       P  W  D  L GF-GA     GD  Pts
[1] Graintfjall 6 3 2 1 15-11 +4 11
[2] Banija 6 3 2 1 18-15 +3 11
3- Krytenia 6 2 0 4 13-19 -6 6
4- Valladares 6 1 2 3 17-18 -1 5
----Confederations Group  P  W  D  L GF-GA     GD  Pts
[1] Nephara 6 6 0 0 20-4 +16 18
[2] Xanneria 6 2 0 4 9-15 -6 6
3- Starblaydia 6 1 2 3 4-6 -2 5
4- Poafmersia 6 1 2 3 7-15 -8 5

Eagle's Cup Quarter Final Draw ::

Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Semi-Finals at the Eagle's Club
Turori v. Legalese
Eagle's Club, Eelandii, Turori

Chromatika v. Valanora
Eagle's Club, Forbridge, Zwangzug

Cup of Champions Semi-Finals at the Eagle's Club
Nephara v. Banija
Eagle's Club, Nephara

Graintfjall v. Xanneria
Eagle's Club, Banija

NOTE: :: QF Scores will follow between 40-48 Hours from this post!

Roleplay Challenges ::
Roleplay Challenges will be offered to help inspire contributions that will be both Fun, Informative to your opposition and historically relevant for future usage in your nations World Building or factbooks! Feel Free to go back and complete the earlier Challenge(s) if you missed them!

MD1: UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY :: As they arrive in your country, visitors will need to know where to go and what to look out for. How will they arrive? Where will they stay? What will they do? Where will they eat? What has changed in your nation since the last time they might have been there? What companies are most prominent in the food service and other major tourist industries? Graphic Bonus: What Signs will folks see in your Nation? Are there any unique Road Signs? Warning Signs? Are there laws in place preventing Neon signs and enforcing a certain 'style' to commercial signs? (etc.)

MD3: STATUES AND MONUMENTS :: What sports figure in your nation has the most statues? What did they do to earn them? What is the most prevalent statue in your nation and who is it for? What prevalent Monuments are a must see for visitors and what do they represent? Are they all modern, or are there ancient ones as well? Graphic Bonus: Show us your Statues / Monuments!

MD5: POSTCARDS FROM AFAR :: Supporters of the other three nations in your group have flocked to your nation as a chance to see their national team play while enjoying a new culture or spending a few days on holiday. How is your nation welcoming visitors for Eagle's Cup matches? Are they welcomed warmly or abused as opposition scum? What good holiday spots or historical sites might make a good stop before or after the match? What would visiting fans be writing on their postcard home? Graphic Bonus: What does a postcard from your nation look like? (Exemplar)
MD6: WAIT WAIT DON'T GO :: Win or lose on Matchday 6, its likely time to pack your bags and go somewhere else. Or is it? While your National Team may have somewhere else to be, all the fans that flocked to your nation to watch the matches now have to decide - should I stay or should I go? The question is, where should they go? What could keep them in town? Clearly they like sports. Are there any sports / variants completely unique to your nation that would be a 'Must See' on a sports fans radar? Historical Venues or something entirely different? Graphic Bonus: Show us a ticket stub out of the museum from one of the earliest/most important sporting events in your nation (that had physical ticket entry) OR a special deal coupon for an attraction or activity that might encourage visitors to extend their trip.

QF: OLD SCHOOL COOL :: What is the legacy of your National Team? Ignoring all the meat in the sandwich and looking back only at their debut - how much has changed? Nicknames? Colors? Why did it change? What uniforms did your team wear in their debut campaign Graphic Bonus: The Eagle's Cup Quarter Finals are a 'Throwback' Round and teams are encouraged to wear replicas of their nations first-ever National Team kits on the pitch.

Eagle's Club "Artifacts Match" presented by twii.tur

Omerica [2] Indusse [0]

Details: A special international friendly will be held at the Eagle's Club in Turori. The match will see the former Independent Associations Cup Champions Omerica facing off another IAC hopeful, Indusse. Both nations will have to travel to the Eagle's Club in Turori for the match which will take place between Eagle's Cup Matchday 5 & Matchday 6 SCORINATED WITH MD6 as a way to kick off the following Knockout Round matches at Eagle's Club locations throughout the multiverse. The Artifacts match is officially recognized by the Eagle's Club and both nations are invited to submit their official team sheets for the matchday programme. Both nations will also receive associated Media Passes for the duration of the competition. The Artifacts Match of Eagle's Cup IX takes the place of the Relics Match of Eagle's Cup VIII between Legales & Northwest Kalactin and the Futures Match that was held during Eagle's Cup VII between then Baptism of Fire Cup runner-up Aggrey-Finn Land and an unheralded nation by the name of Banija who has since become an Eagle's Cup Champion.

ImageImage
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Realigned errant tags.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:16 pm

"Once upon a fucking time," said Sydney, "over by the lake you probably saw, it's called the Deep Blue Lake, which is some kind of stupid chess joke, one of the college kids hit another with his Frisbee, because they were nerds. They decided that the country could do better at sports, which was an understatement, and then tracked down eleven dudes who were willing to play football, which is harder than it sounds, and got some not-very-good robot to coach the team. The nerds also made themselves the announcers, or tried to, but mostly wound up going off on math digressions and being wimps about pronouncing the names of countries they'd never heard of. After being shit in the Baptism of Fire, and then somehow knocking out Kelssek, they got drawn in the qualifiers against teams like Ariddia and the Archregimancy which meant they spent time cringily kissing commie ass and freaking out because interdimensional time portals are scary. Somehow they won the Cup of Harmony that cycle, so that was neat.

The next cycle, the announcer nerds decided to use their fucking trash-tier programming skills to design some software for the hosts, from Ariddia and the Holy Empire, who called themselves the Grumpy Old Fogeys because they were being ironic and self-aware. Unfortunately, there actually were some fucking old fogeys in that era who were fucking off the scene, and instead of fucking ignoring them like we were patriotic and had a spine, I guess our predecessors started freaking out about 'oh no, we should totally bemoan these vanishing legends too, that's totally a normal and not-weird thing to do.' Anyway, they actually qualified, and got an upset in their first game! And then lost badly in the third matchday to crash out. So the goalkeeper--they fucking had one--was pretty broken up about it and kinda accidentally-on-purpose vanished into a fucking time portal with all the nightmare crystals and spooky shit lurking in the extradimensional void, I don't know.

And instead of being like 'maybe football is not for us' or 'let's just stay away from fucking time portals next time,' the assclowns on the team--who had to basically manage themselves at that point because the fucking robot wasn't gonna--decided 'no, the problem is definitely the existence of fucking goalies, so let's just not put all that stress and responsibility on one person and that'll work out better.' Meanwhile the next version of the fucking software was even worse than before and Valanora--they were still called Elves Security Forces back then--beat some Krytenian dependency called Keyne Island eleven-fucking-nil. You all look fucking surprised that I know this, fuck you, just because it's fucking garbage doesn't mean I can forget it by trying hard. Jeez.

Finally the robot was put out of commission and they roped in some poor guy from Bigtopia who didn't speak English well yet and mostly just called everyone by their uniform numbers and bickered with fucking airport security. The Parliament was having money problems so there was some kind of government shutdown which threatened the press reporting on football. By this time it wasn't just football, though, they had the World Baseball Classic and the fucking Olympics with gymnast age shit, although whether that's a problem with fucking time dilation or just cheating shitholes I don't even know. Plus there was the fucking guy who took his pants off and ran through the snooker tournament and traumatized the fucking runner-up, apparently every country has some fucker that does that. What the fuck is wrong with snooker.

Despite the dumbfucks in Parliament, Zwangzug actually qualified and this time, they got out of the group stage, only to face the defending fucking champions in Bettia. And despite the rank gap between first and twenty-first, somehow Zwangzug fucking won. Then they defeated Cafundéu, the hosts, which kind of avenged two cycles before but also not really, and so then they were the neutrals' darlings having somehow made it to the semifinals. And then the Holy Empire gave us a golden fucking fish to hang up in the capital or something because they were really into fish.

So then people started caring about football somehow, and the coach was able to go around the country recruiting a full team with substitutes and everything instead of just 'uh we'll practice breathing at high fucking altitudes so who needs subs.' The next cycle, they came fourth again, although they had trouble in the semifinals because they still did not have any better strategies for fucking penalty shootouts other than 'yelling really loud and trying to distract the other team,' which, maybe you call that a moral fucking victory, but I don't. Then, it turned out, the coach had made a baby during that recruitment trip, surprise! Definitely not doing the stereotypes about Bigtopians any favors, dude. So he got to read her picture books and the team continued being pretty decent.

Now all these other sports organizations, the Olympics and baseball and snooker people and everything, decided that they wanted to have all their bureaucracy under one fucking roof, so they built something here--like, here here, Forbridge--and put the poor snooker lady in charge. Meanwhile this guy was rightly pissed off about being turned away from the tryouts because the old-timers still wanted to do things their fucking stupid way, so he got revenge by siccing a goat on the lawn and leaving the bureaucrats to deal with it. This only fucking matters because she wound up visiting the dorms and finding the first cache that wound up prefiguring what my fucking city has problems with, but anyway. Eventually we cared enough about football to have a league, but not enough to have enough teams for a full league, so we merged with some shithole called Aguazul to have one of those multiassociational things. And that was nice, I guess, because the goalies could just play there and not care about the national team if they didn't want to, but then of course the fucking journalists made all sorts of 'keeping' and 'saving' jokes, because they are fucking pack rats.

But then there actually was another fucking goalie who decided no, she wanted to play for the national team even though they clearly were not interested. She was smart enough not to shout it from the rooftops at least and sort of talked her way in before it became fucking obvious. Then everyone was mad and the team got upset early on. And meanwhile the eminent domain people called dibs on the skyscraper with all the sports stuff to build another fucking train station, which I guess is better than a fucking highway bypass, but not really. So that was falling apart too.

And yet somehow the team righted the course, made it through the qualifiers, and did well in the proper too. Then they made it to the final and it was tied until the Marauders got a fucking obvious goalscoring opportunity. So kinda despite himself, our captain did a professional foul on the dude, because even he had come around to the idea that it was better to trust the goalie with the chance at saving a penalty than to do fucking nothing and lose. It was all pointlessly melodramatic because obviously we lost anyway, but apparently it was some kind of heartwarming gag-me thing. Then they figured if we wanted an actual infrastructure that wasn't going to get fucking bulldozed, they had better do it the long way and ensure the grassroots and stuff were in place.

That took years or decades or whatever, but it actually fucking happened, and the team got decent again before the country went gray and white, but at least it wasn't just the sports. The 1./ reestablished itself before the team, and then somehow we got invited to this fucking competition despite not even having a WCC presence. Then when we won it, they were like, 'let's build a fucking stadium in Forbridge in honor of everything they've been through and this will probably not get demolished.' Obviously we got invited back for the next edition, and soon after that I guess we figured we had nothing fucking better to do than show up in the World Cup again. And took a couple cycles to establish ourselves, but here we fucking are."

Sydney forced a smile. "Any questions?"

"Uh," said Olstein, who had adopted several original forms of shorthand on the spur of the moment to match her verbal pace. "Aguazul? Didn't they go off and do their own thing?"

"Do I look like I fucking care?"

Olstein did not know how to phrase his belief that yes, she did look like she fucking cared, based on her impressive knowledge demonstrated so far. "Never mind. Did the guy ever get out of the, uh, extradimensional void?"

"Eventually, yeah. Took his fucking time about it."

"I...see. Do they have any statues?"

"Statues?"

"The coach, the announcers, the baby, the snooker lady, the goat? Any of them?"

"Not here," said Sydney.

"As a wise man once said," Itzhak volunteered, "everyone has flaws, so if you're not willing to admit that people might not have been less than perfect, you probably shouldn't put them on a pedestal. Unless they're abstractions like Lady Justice getting ready to decapitate someone."

Javier blinked. "Who said that?"

"Lucas in one of his worse pep talks," said Itzhak. "Dude needs a life. I don't care if he becomes a manager or what, but he needs a life."

"It's the kind of thing Sharag talks about every once in a while," Sophie spoke up. "Andrew and Saena. Even now they're talked about as two sides of the same coin. Independent consider building a pair of statues and then, I don't know, get bored and start playing Tichu or something."

"Fuck Sharag," said Sydney.

Sophie blinked. "Do you want statues or not?"

"No," said Sydney, "but it just felt like a good idea to fuck Sharag, just on general principle."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You see what we're dealing with, here."

"I think so," said Olstein.

The stakes of the final group stage game were clear; Zwangzug had to win to overtake Valanora in the standings, while Valanora needed only a draw to advance. And it was Valanora who took the lead from open play, as if to dispel any comparisons to the past, Harlem Saxstrom scoring with her left foot in minute 21. Indra Söderström, who'd been getting the best of Riley in the midfield battles, added on shortly afterward.

Three minutes after halftime, Johan converted a pass from Sophie--not yet a consolation, early enough to imagine the seeds of a comeback, or to keep the Marauders on their toes, make them work. And they did work, Matheo Dybvik controlling possession at the back and clearing away Jonah and Edwin's speculative chances, until it was late enough that while a second goal was imaginable, a third was not to be.

Four and a half cycles before, in Wyvernscrest, Mriin, against unheralded Velestria, Zwangzug were being held to a draw by unheralded Velestria when an untested rookie had broken forward with nothing to lose. Her talent was not raw--Arlington were piecing together their first championship since the days of the multiassociational thing--but her mouth was, and it had only grown wilder. But iconoclasm, too, was part of the tradition that she found herself immersed in, like it or not. So were memorable chants.

Sydney's international career ended how it had begun--time nearly elapsed, directions roared, needing no rank or status to assert control, an off-kilter shot whirling and wheeling into the back of the net. And then a grateful collapse, the grass burning her legs. The weight of history would never go away, but it was time for it to be lifted from her shoulders, and she could at last stand proud.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:21 am

Xanneria 2 - 4 Nephara
(4-4-2) 1 - Matheny; 2 - Soeringer (17 - Novick 66'), 5 - Clevinger, 6 - Anderson, 19 - Seselja; 13 - Reed, 15 - Sable, 8 - Fletcher (21 - Marshall 53'), 16 - Kalevi (11 - Latimore 77'); 17 - Stonemoore, 14 - Gjasula
Goals: Stonemoore 7', Kalevi 36', Marshall 59', Gjasula 84'

THE HERALD
HISTORY OF MODERN CORMORANTS KITS
Markus Carney

With the news that Nephara will be sporting jade and navy kits that date back 45 years, the time is right to look back over the modern era and look at the surprisingly diverse history of the emerald and black. For instance, most obviously, that it was not always emerald and black.

Kirola 64 - 66: The Jade

The NFA pledged they would take a modernised, prepared side to the Baptism of Fire, and that began with a facelift. Foreign kits that didn't look like Cloaker's ... antiquated rags, ones that bloomed over the rim of the shorts they were tucked into and doubled a player's running weight in rain. Tight, modern kits, in an avant-garde design. One that bears... pretty much no resemblance to the current design. Even so, plenty of trophies were won, and it even, in a sense, managed to grace the World Cup itself. The blue and jade design of the away kit - not the exact one, of course, but in spirit - had remained in service as a third kit.

Kirola 67 - 69: The Forest

Iconic kits in the national team's history. Standard, yes. Some might say plain. But the green was darker, paired to black, and matched to a terracotta away kit; the kit's debut cycle saw Nephara qualify for the World Cup for the first time, and its legacy was secured when the last match in the kit saw the Cup of Harmony 61 lifted - a disappointment at the time, given it was Nephara's first failure to qualify from a seeded position, but ultimately a pivotal piece of the Triple Crown.

Kirola 70 - 72: The Darkness

Fondly remembered for shepherding the colour in a more bottle-green direction, these are the darkest the home kits have ever been, which created a nice, intimidating loom. This was also the debut of white paired with the terracotta away, and of the rather less long-lived 'Minotaur maze' decal. They debuted in Eagles' Cup 5, which Nephara went on to win.

Kirola 73 - 75: The Creative Interpretation of Terracotta

Arguably the strongest of the Kirola kits, again solidifying bottle green as The Nepharan Green, and a gorgeous gradient of lines that would become something of a signature look over the years. Suffice to say, people were starting to recognise a Nepharan kit when they saw it... such as, for instance, when Elaine Ashdown lifted the World Cup, as she did. The blinding orange away kits were gorgeous, as well. Even if they were ... orange. Most polls put this as the fans' favourite.

JMC 76 - 77: The Re-establishment
ImageImageImage

Nephara ordering a kit from anyone other than Kirola was, at this point, a shock, but Krytenia-based JMC from the other end of the Bekk provided straightforward designs, classy and effective. One green, one a luscious, dusty terracotta, both with black shorts and trim. While it might not be associated with any particular memories of glory, it served the Cormorants well, and switched in emerald for bottle.

Kirola 78 - 80: The Return

A return to line-gradients - bold horizontal slashes on the home, vertical on the way, both slightly oblique - and, of course, a return to Kirola, most faithful servants of the Cormorants. The Audioslavian company followed the lead of the Krytenian by adapting to emerald green and a very red terracotta, and a delicate balance of black and white trim. Underrated.

ediraf 81 - : The Present Day
ImageImage

And here we stand, one of the flagship clients of the marquee ediraf label. Ten years, two World Cup finals, more gradients and a perfect balance of colours. This is the one that could go down as canonical.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:43 am

World Cup Final rematch 'in name only' as Banija and Nephara set to square off at the Eagle's Cup Quarterfinals

NEPHARA- It's here. The Quarterfinal matchup that Banija wanted to avoid. Nephara, the two-time defending Copa Rushmori champions, taking on Banija, the defending world champions, here in Nephara at their Eagle's Club location. Banija's Eagle's Club location, Albert III Stadium in Dodoma, will of course play host to another Quarterfinal- that one being Graintfjall v. Xanneria. But this is an exciting matchup. A competitive match between Banija and Nephara for just the second time in the Marcus Waters era. And it's a rematch of the World Cup Final, where Banija won by 3 goals to 2 to lift our first ever trophy.

However, considering the squad makeup, many say that this is a rematch in name only. Not a single player on this current Banijan squad was on the World Cup team. Wanda Kouyaté, the team's starting goalkeeper, is the only player on this Eagle's Cup roster who has a World Cup ring, having been the backup goalkeeper in the last World Cup. Out of the 26 players who took the pitch in the World Cup 86 Final, not a single one is on either roster for this Eagle's Cup matchup. So like we said- it's a rematch surely, but it is a rematch in name only. Both teams brought more experimental squads to the tournament.

There wasn't much Marcus Waters opposite could complain about, however. Nephara picked up a perfect six wins from six matches, getting 18 points and crushing their competition, scoring 20 goals while only conceding four times. "Nephara's squad are surely the favorites to win this tournament." Marcus Waters told reporters. "They've gotten forward, they defended well, they are in control of games and keeping everything in front of them right now. They've picked up right where they left off from the most recent Copa Rushmori, and that's why they're one of the most dominant teams in the multiverse." He could complain about his own squad, however. Bringing out a select team himself, Banija had their first three games at home and made the most of it. Picking up three home wins in front of their home fans gave them confidence heading into the latter half of group play.

But that form was all of a sudden stunted. The squad failed to pick up a road win, earning 2 draws and a loss away from home to allow Graintfjall to come back up the table, win the group for good measure, and earn the quarterfinal matchup in Banija that this team wanted to play in. "The ability to win away from home is so important." He told reporters. "You can't get through Qualifying without road wins, you can't do much without that demonstrated ability. And now, we've got the toughest possible road game against the team that is playing the best football in the multiverse- Nephara. Nothing is given to you at the international level. You've got to go scrap and earn every single point. And now we've got a tall order to do so against Nephara."

Very different squads, and only some of these players, on both sides, will be taken to World Cup 87. But the power behind the matchup will be the same- it's still Banija v. Nephara in the Cup of Champions Semifinal. It's still 1 v 2. And it will be a great opportunity for Banija to win our first road game of this tournament. Can any of Banija's players take this opportunity to make a name for themselves? This is the opportunity for most of the players to make the extend list, or even better, the actual 23, for World Cup Qualifying. Players like Cyper Baldeh, or Ijeawele Halim, or Chiokie Uchie, who are borderline, will want to take this opportunity. Impress against a team who's playing as well as Nephara? Then you'll almost force the manager to bring you along for the marathon that we call World Cup Qualifying, right?

Banija v. Nephara. Winner moves onto the Cup of Champions Final. Loser gets a sour taste in their mouth against Qualifiers. Which will it be?
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:30 pm

A replica of the original Marauders kit which
shall be worn in the Eagle's Cup Quarterfinals

The third kit of the Marauders during
the WC60-62 campaigns
What is the legacy of the Marauders? Well it depends upon who you ask and from where, though most people will come to agree that the side is one of the most storied and successful ones in all of footballing history, perhaps even the most successful one depending on how you view things. This has not always been the case though, the Marauders started with no stars across their crossed saber crossed and had to work their way up from nothing into the legacy that it holds today of that mighty standard of success. Over that course of time a swath of changes have happened both with the national team itself and the nation for which it represents. Players have risen to be heroes and then fallen away or faded into obscurity, some deciding they wanted time away from the public eye, while managers have become legends only to go mad over the course of a few years from the strain of the job. Last but not least, the kits themselves have changed time and time again, with styles changing and evolving in the time, much like tactics do.

We go back to a time when the Marauders first entered into the World Cup arena, all the way back in the cycle for the 29th edition of the World Cup, back to where it all began for the Marauders and their march towards the history that would await them ten cycles down the line. It was not the international debut for the Marauders, no, as the side had previously played in several tournaments in the region known as The Youngworld, where they had twice won the championship out of the handful of times the tournament had been run. It was a big step but not an unnatural one for the side to emerge from such a small tournament to that of the grandest stage and to believe that they had a chance at success. Their kits were basic, a solid navy shirt that had white fringe on the sleeves and shoulders, as well as a white collar, the crossed swords of the crest across the left part of the chest while having black shorts and white socks. It was a simple affair, though the game at that stage in history was a simple thing and had not yet erupted into the popularity in now holds today.

Whom did the Marauders face in their first ever WCC recognized match? Well, it is this little team that you might have heard of, Audioslavia. Even back then, the Bulls were a titan of the game, though they were still thick in the throws of what would later be known as the Audioslav Curse, able to dominate anyone in the footballing community, unless of course it was in the Final, in which the last hurdle of a tournament was their kryptonite and they would always fall. The Qualifiers are not a Final however
The home kit following the 5th World Cup Win
and the Marauders were trounced upon in Capri, a score of four to two, a respectable showing for the brand new team against one of the heavy favorites to win the tournament outright that cycle. The return fixture a few months later was not nearly as kind with the Bulls handing the Marauders one of their worst losses in history, a four to nil drubbing that demoralized a Marauder team that had been remarkably holding their own against the rest of the group. It was a rough way to enter the WCC ventures, as those two losses were the difference in the end between the Marauders having a miraculous first qualification and the side finishing near the bottom of the group and losing their place in the Finals to Haraki.

It was a slice of humble pie and a massive blow to the psyche of the Marauders, who had gone from champions to that of being a minnow in the giant ocean that was the World Cup. To have come so close to qualifying on their first time of asking only to be that far away, it was the sort of blow that stays with a team for awhile, as the team failed to qualify for the World Cup until the Thirty-Third cycle, watching other nations come onto the scene and have success before them, including
Espy va Drake scoring an away goal
the likes of Az-cz and Demot. These were the formitive years of the Marauders as they settled into a style of play and formation that would soon be unleashed upon the world in its perfection. It was also during this time a street footballer was discovered on the streets by third tier side Hondo FC as the manager was looking for ways to improve his team. That footballer that was found and given a shot to play for Hondo, well they are none other than the legendary captain and midfielder of Laborious Hawk, the very individual who would captain the Marauders through all five of their World Cup victories and is still playing today.

Since then, the island state of Vyinta has been formally incorporated into the Empire and a handful of Vyintanese players have had their impact on the team, none the least than Allendren Fresco, a superb striker for whom was the head of the spear of the so called Hero Quartet. Fresco made a name for himself in his home of Ibini, playing for the biggest of the cities' clubs, Ibini FC. Not only was Ibini FC the biggest club in the city, it was also the biggest club on the island and the biggest club in all of the Empire once you went west of Char Sara. The west and northwest of the Empire seems a barren spot for major clubs, leaving Ibini and Char Sara vying for their attention, with Fresco helping slant that attention towards the islanders. Not only was he lethal at club level, helping Ibini routinely win the short lived V-League before Vyintanese clubs were fully brought into the league system, he made himself a great threat for the national team and formed a marvelous partnership with Hawk. Add in Espy va Drake, a cult like hero who worked his way out of the slums of Turmondale to be one of the biggest stars of club and international football, as well as the soul of the team in the steely Faeron Soldarian, and it is easy to see how the Marauders attack became something to be feared and respected by even the best of national teams and how those five stars eventually wound up on the nations' crest.

In something of an unique twist, it should be noted that outside of the kits manufactured within the Empire itself, such as the first kits worn by the Marauders, all of the kits procured by the VFA and VSC for the Marauders use have come from kitmakers that are located in one of the Marauders' rivals. While there is no denying that the team itself as well as the majority of fans only truly consider Starblaydia to be a real rival of the Marauders, due to the legendary duel for titles and supremacy that the two nations
The Kirola Kits
had during the World Cup cycles of Forty to Forty-seven, there are other teams who seem to bring out a certain something from the Marauders. These include Turori and their long
Laborious Hawk in the home Kirola kit
suffering history in the World Cup, having developed a bit of a rivalry during knockout stages of the 30s in both the Cup of Harmony as well as the World Cup Finals themselves. However it is Krytenia, another long suffering nation when it comes to footballing success, that was the first foreign manufacturer to produce kits for the Marauders, though those replicas have been lost to the annuls of time. Numerous replicas from the Starblaydi based Ediraf have been on display, as well as the oft overlooked period when Kirola of Audioslavia provided kits for the Marauders.

Five World Cups, it is a testament to the endurance of the Marauders and the skill of which they had acquired. There is a thought though that the will to endure so long to achieve that success, to have the patience that one needs to build themselves up to that pinnacle of skill and talent comes from one of the biggest turning points in the Marauders' history. The four to nil defeat in Audioslavia, the defeat that shook the team to its core and had it playing catch up in an attempt to get a qualification spot, a spot that might have been theirs if not for that heavy defeat. How different would history have been had the Marauders had the instant success that some others nations have had, where upon their initial entry they are graced with the luck to enter into the World Cup Finals themselves? Would they have been able to take that humbling lesson from their first outing against an Audioslavia team that would not lose a game that cycle until the very Final itself? Given a first hand demonstration of what was needed and required of them if they were to be among the elite of the footballing universe, would any other result have seen the side take to that requirement so wholly that there is few records in the WCC that are not marked down with Valanora either holding them or being near the top? Who knows, but it is indeed a grand thing to wonder how things might have unfolded differently if not for those matches against the Bulls in that first ever go around.

Today we sit at what feels like a precipice for the Marauders, after two decades of being mediocre, they have once again risen to be that of an elite footballer power, according to the WCC rankings. The team is far from being the dominant team that took no prisoners during World Cups Forty-Two and Forty-Three, and it now has an additional continent
ImageImage
The Current Ediraf kits
of people and pair of nations added in its empire that it represents. It stands to on a transition point, as one elite striker is finding age catching up with them, another elite striker trying to keep age at bay, and a wonderkid who looks ready to take the world by storm and demonstrate what it need not be elven to be elite from the Empire. The Empire itself is looking to bring the World Cup once more to its shores, it would be the first time since the inclusion of Sabine & Caddonia into the Empire, and ironicly it will be facing its bidding partner in the Quarterfinals of this Eagle's Cup. The legacy of this team is success through endurance and patience, of perfecting ones self as much as possible to be the rock that weathers the raging storm of the chaotic world around them. That legacy gets put to the test once more with so much on the line, pride, positions, and legacy all there for play for. It is what this team has forged for its fate and one it will always embrace.
Last edited by Valanora on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)

EPL Season 20,073

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Matchday 5: Chromatika 2-1 Legalese
Goal: Gail '21, Han '72
Starting XI: Williams; Chapman - Freidman - Baugh - Rowles; Marc - Dias - Han (C); Gail; Non - Bird.
Substitutes: Sterling -> Gail ('65), Rondeau -> Baugh ('72), Humphreys -> Marc ('83)

Matchday 6: Chromatika 1-2 Electrum
Goal: Non '28
Starting XI: Williams (C); Chapman - Friedman - Rondeau - Rowles; Marc - Dias - Croix-Pierre; Gail; Non - Bird.
Substitutes: Kim, M.S. -> Dias ('69), Han -> Croix-Pierre ('74), Thibodeaux -> Bird ('81)

Chromatik Football Kits

Chromatika Anomalies Jersey - WC 73 through WC 76
Kits:
Home:
ImageImage
Away:
ImageImage
Courtesy of JMC Football Kits of Krytenia

Chromatika debuted in these kits, done by JMC Football Kits of Krytenia. It is interesting that the away kits had another color than black and white, and that the players weren't numbered 1-11 for starters explicitly, as Meagan Kelly was definitely a starter. The black and white of the home kit remains constant, but the kits look more like polo shirts than actual jerseys at this time.

Chromatik Anomalies Jersey - WC 77 Onward
Kits Credit: Kirola, Logo Credit: Vulpine Sportif

After WC 76 and Chromatika's first qualification, they commemorated the occasion by getting a new kit, from Kirola of Audioslavia. With the new logo of the Chromatik Football Federation and a classic sash, it defines Chromatika as one of the few teams in the multiverse to have a black and white kit for both home and away. The white with black sash is the home kit, and the reverse is the away kit. This kit has remained with the team for eleven editions, and there are a lot of folks who would rather keep it around for many more tournaments.

Are there plans for future kits? Well, the next benchmark would be World Cup 90, or if Chromatika actually wins a Tournament. Black and white will remain the colors for the squad for as long as they are around. What more designs will be in the future? it'll be interesting to see.
Last edited by Chromatika on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Posted on the In Brief section of the GTV website.
    TRIBUTE ACT!?!? MORE LIKE TRI-BOOT ACT!!!

Græntfjall put in an emphatic finish to the group stage of their Eagle’s Cup campaign with a 3 – 1 win over Krytenia allowed them to leapfrog World Cup champions Banija into first place. Ásvarður Bergmundursson’s impressive scoring record continued as he once again found the net, stabbing home a through-ball from Emeli Vilbertsdóttir, fresh off her return from suspension. The 10th minute strike gave Græntfjall a lead they would not surrender. Four minutes before the half, Vilbertsdóttir again served up an assist, with a corner that Hjörleifur Reynarsson propelled into the net with a header fit to make neurologists wince. Neil Smith based in a second half reply, but Hrærekur Jvarsson sealed things with an injury time penalty.

It was the first game since the departure of several squad members to join up with the U-21 Di Bradini squad, but the personnel change didn’t hold the Snow Wolves back. Media comments harkened back to the ‘Gray Wolves’. In Græntfjall’s admittedly brief international footballing history, it’s one short chapter of note, and of relevance to their participation here at the Eagle’s Cup.

Græntfjall’s team sent to the Baptism of Fire 73, their second major international competition (the first, the 35th Copa Rushmori, ended in a Round of 16 thumping from Nephara, the Cormorants inflicting a similar – and in fact significantly worse – shellacking on them in the 36th edition) was notable for its high average age, in excess of 30; the starting defense had an average age of 35. Somewhat at odds with the youthful ethos of the Baptism of Fire, a tournament for newcomers and novices, the squad came about because of the competing demands of the Fourteenth Summer Olympics, to which Græntfjall dispatched two teams. The men’s under-23 team included NT mainstays such as Jason Þórhallursson and Matthias Raphaelsson; the women’s team claimed every single NT woman, including Amanda Guttisdóttir, Emeli Vilbertsdóttir, and Else Svennsdóttir.

The resulting somewhat aged team earned the tag of ‘Gray Wolves’. Travelling fans in Valladares dressed up as old women with gray wigs and walking sticks, and threw boiled sweets onto the pitch. But Gray or not, the Wolves kept winning, outside of a group stage draw with neighbors and rivals Tikariot, whom they would beat at the second attempt in the quarter-final. Þórhallursson was eventually recalled from the wildly unsuccessful Olympic team in time for the final, memorably scoring a hat-trick, as the ‘Gray Wolves and one slightly less Gray Wolf’ achieved their first, and to date only, major footballing success.

In celebration, a special kit featuring gold piping to symbolize victory was created, but the team never got the chance to wear it. It was not ready in time to wear for the opening game of the next competition – the World Cup qualifiers – and by that time, up against some serious international competition, Græntfjall took just one point from two games as they lost to Farfadillis and drew to Alba and Cymru. Wearing a champion’s jersey seemed at that point to be an act of jæk* so the idea was quietly shelved. It will be revived for the coming match in Banija, in which the Snow Wolves – sporting, perhaps, a hint of gray thanks to the withdrawal of the U-21 talents – will don the gold-piped kit for their clash against Xanneria.

Krytenia – 1 (0)
    Carpenter Image (90+2’); Bellamy, Sinton Image (60’ Bull Image Image (67’)), Green, Marquez; Bielsa, O’Neill, Foyle Image (66’); Sunday Image (69’), Smith Image (55’) Image (82’ Peters Image); Belmwr Image (56’ Carsetti Image)

Græntfjall – 3 (2)
    Jorgesson; Vilbertsdóttir Image (75’), Reynarsson Image (41’), Bensson, Lúthersdóttir Image (63’ Nilsson Image); Miansdóttir, Jvarsson Image (90+2’ pen.), Ásvaldursson; Heikkisdóttir, Harrysson Image (74’ Svennsson Image Image (87’)); Bergmundursson Image (10’) Image (74’ Rögnvaldursson Image)

* Dramatic device in Græntfjaller theatre similar to ‘hubris’ in Greek theatre, except involving more krakens.

Turori
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Turori National Team Kit History

Postby Turori » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:14 am

When the Turori National Team showed up for the Baptism of Fire Cup for World Cup 15 - and subsequently to the World Cup 15 Qualifiers, the Kits they were wearing may have looked quite familiar to those that had followed the World Cup Qualifying campaigns the previous two cycles. That is because the kits that the Turori National Team were using were nearly identical to those being used at the time by the National Team of the nearby Tropics of Vilita. In the long historical context, the Island Emirate of Turori had only recently declared semi-autonomous independence in its relationship with the much larger island of Vilita. They were underfunded and while they wanted to do their own thing and prove they were in fact independent, they had to turn to Vilitan based design firm 3WD to produce kits for their first ever Internationstatal event. They did not have a design in mind and simply asked 3WD for kits with the colors of their national flag. After having just completed a run of new kits for the Vilitan National Team, 3WD swapped out the colors and continued the run. The 'Eels' would wear that first batch of kits recycled amongst the players with no names on the backs for two World Cup Cycles until finally getting their own uniquely designed threads from 3WD prior to World Cup 17. The Turori National Team was especially interested in showing their independence during the World Cup 17 campaign as it would be the first time that the World Cup itself would be contested within their region, Atlantian Oceania. Neighbors Vilita would be one of two host sites for the World Cup Finals along with Kaze Progressa, and, in a show of comoradarie and unity, the Vilitans had offered to include one Turorian venue among their host sites for the World Cup Finals.

Turori would go on to qualify for World Cup 17 - their first appearance in the World Cup Finals, and would quickly become one of the Top performing teams in the multiverse. Climbing to within the Top 5 in the World Rankings and making Six Quarter final appearances in Seven campaigns, Turori were one of the most consistent teams in the World Cup Finals. Thats about when the crazy set in. Famed former player turned coach Jualiar Vumaou withdrew the team from World Cup 29 in order to focus on what he considered 'The Future of Turorian' sport. Unbeknownced to the public, Vumaou was secretly training a flock of Cocoabo that he planned to enter during World Cup 30. The Cocoabo-infused side actually made the finals during World Cup 31 but things turned Ugly as Vumaou proved unable to fully maintain the Cocoabo Flock on his own. Controversy reigned when Turori failed to Qualify for World Cup 32 and many of the Cocoabo were cleared out of the squad along with Vumaou.

By World Cup 58 the Eels would return back to their World Cup 17 vintage kit designs but with a new twist of Electric Blue. As the Football Association of Turori launched a bid to host the 63 World Cup with Aguazul, however, they were also looking to re-invent their brand on the pitch and turned to the Audioslavian kit supplier Kirola who introduced some audacious Kit designs. While fast selling at first the busy kits did not have the staying power the the more traditional looks had and the FAT worked with Kirola for a more traditional re-design to the teams uniforms for World Cup 64. The team would maintain the Kirola Classic's for nearly 10 cycles bar a "Nigel's Throwback' design that was introduced for World Cup 68, until the relationship with Kirola finally came to an end during World Cup 74. The Turori National Team invited new designs from Kitmakers across the multiverse and ultimate settled on two designs - one from Schottsport and one from Tropicorp Sports. Both would be used during the World Cup 74 & 75 campaigns until Tropicorp Sports became the official supplier of the Turori National Team kits from World Cup 76.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Turori 4 - 3 Northwest Kalactin	
Goals: :: 1' Kiidallen Aeroluzzi:: 42' Wiztsana Iretziia:: 55' Wiztsana Iretziia:: 87' Amakli Inuro'o
Team: Timaala Hualtia (Derizi Amatopa 58'), Amakli Inuro'o, Biliki Rona'atu'i (Turakia Diijelhma 82'), Moumouni Verre'elali (Kala'a Yuliizala 64'), Lati'ala Giaoka, Daliora Toru'u, Kentu Umaka'a, Kiidallen Aeroluzzi, Friika Diirotora, Wiztsana Iretziia, Meldi'ita Mungwaii

With one foot already into the knockout rounds, the Turori National Team traveled to the Gold Coast international football stadium in Northwest Kalactin to round out play in the Eagle's Club Group. While Northwest Kalactin had appeared in Eagle's Cup VIII it was only as a participant in the Relics match - which they won to ensure their place in Eagle's Cup IX. The first ever Eagle's Cup proper experience for the Kalactani had not gone as they had probably hoped it would, however. After being drawn in an extremely difficult group with two former Eagle's Cup Champions and a Five-Time World Cup Champion and two-time-defending Eagle's Cup Bronze Medalist, Northwest Kalactin had taken just a single point from their first five matches. That one point, however, was against the Turori National Team at the Cocoabo Park Arena, providing a great deal of optimism for their chances to check off and get a win on the board before the end of their tournament participation. It was a terrible start for the thome team as Kiidallen Aeroluzzi put Turori on the board right away but by Half time Northwest Kalactin were in front 3-2 after responding with the last kick of the half just minutes after Wiztsana Iretziia and tied the scores for Turori.

The Eels fought back in the second half, however, as Iretziia's second goal brought the match back to level terms before a late winner from Amakli Inuro'o denied the Kalactani any home points in the Eagle's Cup and ensured Turori the top spot in the Eagle's Club Group As they prepare for the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Semi-Finals. The Eels opponent for the First Knockout round would be long time Atlantian Oceania rivals legalese who narrowly escaped the Eagle's Select Group over Electrum despite both side having finished level on 9 points and Chromatika having won the matchup on the day. Like many other teams, Turori will be sporting throwback kits for the Eagle's Cup Quarter finals as they don replica's of their original World Cup 15 era 'Vilitan Style' Kits for the first time since World Cup 16.

Eagles Club
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Eagles' Cup IX :: Quarter Final Scores

Postby Eagles Club » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:24 am

Image Quarter Finals Image

Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Semi-Finals at the Eagle's Club

Turori [5] Legalese [2]

Chromatika [2] Valanora [2] [2-3] AET.
Eagle's Club, Forbridge, Zwangzug

Cup of Champions Semi-Finals at the Eagle's Club

Nephara [2] Banija [2][2-2] AET :: (2-4) on penalty kicks
Eagle's Club, Brinemouth, Nephara

Graintfjall [2] Xanneria [1]
Eagle's Club, Dodoma, Banija

Eagle's Cup IX Semi-Final Draw ::

Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Final at the Eagle's Club
Turori v. Valanora

Cup of Champions Final at the Eagle's Club
Banija v. Graintfjall

Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy 3rd Place Playoff Match
Chromatika v. Legalese

Cup of Champions 3rd Place Playoff Match
Nephara v. Xanneria

NOTE: :: Cup Final / 3PPO Scores and Eagle's Cup Medal Round Draw will follow 40-48 Hours from this post!

Roleplay Challenges will be offered to help inspire contributions that will be both Fun, Informative to your opposition and historically relevant for future usage in your nations World Building or factbooks! Feel Free to go back and complete the earlier Challenge(s) if you missed them!
MD1: UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY :: As they arrive in your country, visitors will need to know where to go and what to look out for. How will they arrive? Where will they stay? What will they do? Where will they eat? What has changed in your nation since the last time they might have been there? What companies are most prominent in the food service and other major tourist industries? Graphic Bonus: What Signs will folks see in your Nation? Are there any unique Road Signs? Warning Signs? Are there laws in place preventing Neon signs and enforcing a certain 'style' to commercial signs? (etc.)

MD3: STATUES AND MONUMENTS :: What sports figure in your nation has the most statues? What did they do to earn them? What is the most prevalent statue in your nation and who is it for? What prevalent Monuments are a must see for visitors and what do they represent? Are they all modern, or are there ancient ones as well? Graphic Bonus: Show us your Statues / Monuments!

MD5: POSTCARDS FROM AFAR :: Supporters of the other three nations in your group have flocked to your nation as a chance to see their national team play while enjoying a new culture or spending a few days on holiday. How is your nation welcoming visitors for Eagle's Cup matches? Are they welcomed warmly or abused as opposition scum? What good holiday spots or historical sites might make a good stop before or after the match? What would visiting fans be writing on their postcard home? Graphic Bonus: What does a postcard from your nation look like? (Exemplar)

MD6: WAIT WAIT DON'T GO :: Win or lose on Matchday 6, its likely time to pack your bags and go somewhere else. Or is it? While your National Team may have somewhere else to be, all the fans that flocked to your nation to watch the matches now have to decide - should I stay or should I go? The question is, where should they go? What could keep them in town? Clearly they like sports. Are there any sports / variants completely unique to your nation that would be a 'Must See' on a sports fans radar? Historical Venues or something entirely different? Graphic Bonus: Show us a ticket stub out of the museum from one of the earliest/most important sporting events in your nation (that had physical ticket entry) OR a special deal coupon for an attraction or activity that might encourage visitors to extend their trip.

QF: OLD SCHOOL COOL :: What is the legacy of your National Team? Ignoring all the meat in the sandwich and looking back only at their debut - how much has changed? Nicknames? Colors? Why did it change? What uniforms did your team wear in their debut campaign Graphic Bonus: The Eagle's Cup Quarter Finals are a 'Throwback' Round and teams are encouraged to wear replicas of their nations first-ever National Team kits on the pitch.

SF: CORPORATE GOALS :: You've done it. You've made it to a Cup Final or 3rd Place Playoff. Whether its the Cup of Champions, the Cocoa-bo Trophy or the Eagle's Cup itself, there is something to play for. A win in the next match could forever inscribe your nation on the stone tablet known as 'Factbook'. Surely your citizens are excited about this, right? Corporations love to take advantage of situations like this to tell the citizens what they should be excited for, and make them associate their branding with the National Team's success even if it had nothing to do with it. What companies or organizations are the biggest supporters of Sports in your Nation? What is their influence both in Sports and around your nation? What promotions might they be running to promote their product and the National Team's deep run in the Eagle's Cup? Graphic Bonus: What defines the brand identity for these companies? (Logos, Products, Kit Sponsorship, Promotional Material etc.)

ImageImage

edit: Updated venue of Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy 3rd Place Playoff match for Logistical Purposes
Last edited by Eagles Club on Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:25 am

Executive Summary on the White Paper for the Royal Oil Commission on Sports Investments

The Royal Oil Commission has been debating many changes to try and ensure the future marketability and viability of PetroBan in this ever changing global economy. PetroBan, of course, is a very profitable company- we are consistently bringing in 11 figure profitability figures. With us exporting oil all across Atlantian Oceania and beyond, Banija's oil discoveries will make this country far richer for a long, long time.

We want to talk about why PetroBan should be a leader in sports investment, and why that would be beneficial for this country.

Model- Regional Transit Corporation

But we also talk about diversification. PetroBan is Banija's oil company, yes. But all good corporations engage in diversification, at least a little bit, yes? Let's take a look at the Regional Transit Corporation, Banija's largest corporation. What is their primary business? OF course, providing public transportation. They don't mass market to individuals- they have a very selective clientele, which are, of course, local and regional governments at the subnational level.

And yet, we see them everywhere in sports. Not just in Banija- but across the multiverse. Their aggressive sports marketing strategy helps brand recognition, and is a reason for their success. Aggressive overtures to help name a stadium in one of Cassadaigua's biggest cities, the Brattleboro Regional Transit Arena, is why they are able to flawlessly operate their system. Leagues carry their name, stadia in multiple countries carry their name, and it helps them grow. They have big money contracts in places like the Grearish Union thanks to this.

Political Recommendations- Changing Banijan law on local investments

As we know, due to Banijan law, there are severe limitations on companies that PetroBan is allowed to work with domestically. Because PetroBan is legally an organ of the state, to ensure guardrails against corruption, PetroBan is not allowed to invest in or work with other privately held Banijan corporations unless it is for core or administrative operations- aka the business of drilling for, selling, transporting, and purifying oil, as well as any support functions for those causes. It is good, of course, to guard against corruption. But this hurts the ability of PetroBan to diversify.

We think the Royal Oil Commission should recommend that the Lukiiko looks into greatly loosening those laws, while adding guardrails to ensure corruption does not happen. There are plenty of Banijan sporting leagues that get foreign attention. If they were allowed to put money behind the S-FPL, or the GBHL, or the GFLB, for example, there would be a ton of money available. This is something that can be done- and if the Royal Oil Commission asks the Lukiiko to look into, we are sure something can be done. We certainly have the funds to make major investments fast- we just gotta make sure they happen.

Foreign Sporting Investments

In the meantime, we are capable of making foreign sporting investments at this time. Now, it may be strange to put our name at the front of a club's shirt- but getting that kind of exposure will bring benefits down the line. Of course, national governments are our primary customers. But if PetroBan ever gets into the business of selling directly to consumers, like by opening gas stations or something, it could give us brand recognition.

There are some places where we could make such a sponsorship. And some- maybe not. Equestria, at this point, is basically all renewables. So we can't try to invest there. A place like Valanora doesn't have cars, so it wouldn't be worth as much. But the rest of the GSW. Farfadillis. Siovanija & Teusland. And look across the Commonwealth. The Royal Kingdom of Quebec, for example. And we can even look beyond- who doesn't need oil? We should be aggressive about those partnerships now- they could be a first step in the door to obtaining market share before we even put our product in such a country.

In summary, we have an example of a company that has used sports marketing to increase their core business. This is something that PetroBan is capable of doing, and frankly, should be doing. Investing in sports today will pay off tomorrow, but only if we are willing to make that jump. Let's make sure we are ready to do so.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:53 am

A Græntfjaller fan uses Qardinal to look up travel tips ahead of the match in Banija. Qardinal is one of Græntfjall’s largest companies. A technology services provider, Qardinal is known for its fast and accurate search engine results, its extensive ‘Q-Maps’ project providing detailed GPS mapping, and its questionable data privacy practices. Qardinal has been one of the lead sponsors of the national team and occasionally switches to special custom logos during important competitions. During the recent Copa Rushmori, the use of a logo which featured cartoon versions of players in the form of the Qardinal letters proved unfortunate when Jason Þórhallursson was chosen to represent the final ‘l’, the red color matching that of the card he received during an inauspicious home defeat to Falkyr.

Marcusson Samuelsson is one of Græntfjall’s financial services giants. The investment banking arm of Marcusson Samuelsson is the largest in the country, and a primary dealer in the Græntfjaller treasuries market. Marcusson Samuelsson operations include investment management services for individual and institutional investors, asset management, fixed-income, equities and currency trading desks, and private equity services. They are also generous sponsors of many Græntfjaller sporting endeavours both internationally and domestically. Marcusson Samuelsson adverts for their new Green Energy Finance initiative decorate the new Grander International Arena stadium.

“Howl! Hey kids, did you know that you can only take 2 steps with the ball before you have to pass, shoot, or dribble it? Otherwise it’s called ‘traveling’ and turns the ball over!”

The country’s large single firm by market cap, energy giant Überolía, are heavily involved in sports sponsorship. They were the lead sponsors of the first major competition to be hosted in Græntfjall, the 30th International Basketball Championship. During the tournament, Überolía promoted two mascots, Sigurgísli Wolfsson and Bryngerður Gyrfalconsdóttir, with the aim of helping children learn about the sport. Critics felt that Bryngerður’s messages, at times, seemed to deviate from pure basketball commentary.

“Squawk! Speaking of traveling did you know that if the Thing passes laws restricting automobile emissions, your parents won’t be able to drive you to meet up with your friends?”

It’s half-time in the Græntfjall – Xanneria game. The Xannerians have played with a pacey style that the Snow Wolves have struggled to match, but ill-discipline has cost the Xannerians, twice conceding free-kicks from fouls in dangerous areas. Hanne Heikkisdóttir has made them pay with two accurate deliveries from which set piece stalwarts Hjörleifur Reynarsson and Hrærekur Jvarsson have scored characteristic Græntfjaller headed goals. The GTV coverage has cut to commercial.

Maudlin solo violin plays. A darkly lit house is shown, surrounded by banked snow and with dense snow on the roof. Inside, around a straggly little Christmas tree with few decorations, a gaunt child tears open a present. The meagre lights on the tree flicker intermittently. Inside the wrapping paper is a box with an action figure printed on it, and the child’s thin face lights up hopefully, but when he opens the box, it’s empty. He looks disappointed.

“We’re sorry, Kristdór,” says his mother, entering the room carrying an almost comically tiny goose [a more traditional Græntfjaller Christmas roast than turkey] on a platter with a scant few vegetables. “We’ll try and get you the full toy next year. That’s if your father gets his job at the factory back.”

Pan over to the worried father sitting in his chair, a small girl resting on his arm. He rises slowly, carrying the sleepy child over to join them at the table. Two other children gather around as father carves what little bird there is. “Vildís and Áslaug, you’ll have to share,” he says grimly as he deposits one small sliver of meat on a plate and places it between two girls, who gaze at it with wide-eyed hunger.

Voice-over:
“This is the scene facing millions of Græntfjallers this year if the Carbon Tax Bill goes through. Write to your Member of Thing today to tell them to vote ‘no’ on the Carbon Tax Bill.”

Voice-over hurriedly adds: “Paid for by the New Dawn Coalition.”

The New Dawn Coalition is a group of Græntfjaller corporations, led by Überolía, who fund campaigns and ‘research’ into various issues such as climate change, taxation, business regulation, and trade policy. Exercising a some would say outsize influence on the politics of the Blue-Green Alliance, the New Dawn Coalition’s payments to Blue-Green leader David Austmannsson’s wife became a major campaign issue during the recent election. Critics charged that the payments were a slush fund used to skirt campaign finance rules; the Blue-Green defense, that the payments were for services rendered, apparently convinced voters, at least enough to earn re-election.

Græntfjall – 2 (2)
Jorgesson; Vilbertsdóttir, Reynarsson Image (21’), Bensson, Lúthersdóttir; Tronsson, Jvarsson Image (45+1’), Ásvaldursson; Heikkisdóttir Image (78’ Nilsson Image), Harrysson Image (53’ Ymirsdóttir Image); Bergmundursson Image (20’ Rögnvaldursson Image)

Xanneria – 1 (0)
Walters; Francisco-De La Tomosa Image (20’), Brown, Poulin-Coutu; Bonchek Image (45+1’), Stegall Image (80’ McCormik Image); Bryse, Bronson; Lacroix Image (52’), Feltzer Image (57’ Laliberté-Gauthier Image), Brower Image (69’ Gasey Image Image (86’))

Credit note: I have recycled the pictures, though not the captions, of Sigurgísli Wolfsson and Bryngerður Gyrfalconsdóttir from the IBC30 tournament.
Last edited by Graintfjall on Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Viella Incorporated

Corporations largely do not run in the same sort of space in the Empire the same way that they do in other nations, as strict regulation and a complicated tax code dissuades many corporations from placing down roots in the Eternal Empire. The private sector makes up a very small part of the market, with government ran or subsidized industry being the primary moving forces in the empire and the movement of capital. Despite this, there are still a handful of corporations that are located in the empire and are willing to play by the government rules in order to run in one of Atlantian Oceania's largest nations, making quite a bit of capital even with the heavy taxes. No corporation is more well known in the Empire though than Viella Incorporated, there is hardly a single citizen inside the empire that has not had some part of their life be affected by the giant corporations' reach and influence. This is because VI is one of the few "home grown" corporations and have very much diversified their production and assets that they are a pervasive force throughout all of the Empire and even beyond.

Originally created as a tech hardware manufacturer, over time VI has expanded from just mere production of hardware to that of software as well and expanding into the domestic market with provided household utilities like refrigerators and washing units. Their massive reach also allowed them to start to invest in becoming a publisher and their stamp can be found on many different appliances and games inside the Empire. All these different avenues have made VI an extremely wealthy company, with reported profits of nearly a billion silver coins a year. That amount would be even greater but VI has taken their wealth and used it wisely, having become a sponsor of the domestic football league, as well as that of Raynor City United, the nations' most successful domestic football club. The company has also invested in foreign sports markets from time to time, the most popular being Telecontare in Starblaydia, and thanks to their heavy investment in the league, the VSC decided to name one of the non-league conferences after the tech giant, so that their investment will forever be remembered.

Speaking of trying to be remembered, the Marauders are through into the the Semifinals of the Eagle's Cup, or the Final of the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy part of the tournament, after surviving a scare from Chromatika in the last round. The two sides are bidding partners to try and bring the upcoming World Cup to their shores, but when it came to battling it out on the pitch, it was clear that that common ground was not going to have either go easy on the other. Victorina Bird took advantage of a defensive miscue in the eleventh minute and was able to round Julius Miljeteig and slot it home, giving the Anomalies an early advantage. It was not a long lived advantage however, with Hawk and Pánfilo Veliz played a clever give and go passing attack to bypass the wingers' marker and Veliz cut in and sent in a slicing shot with his right foot that flew hard into the top right corner, Nova Williams could not catch up to the speed of the blast and the Marauders brought things level just eight minutes after having gone behind. Hawk had a chance to put the side ahead on the half hour mark, but his free kick from just outside the box hit the top side of the crossbar and went out instead of hitting the underside and going in, keeping the two sides leveled at the halftime whistle.

The Marauders picked up where they left off before the half and were trying to press their advantage while Chromatika was left to settle with attempting to hit the Marauders on the break. Vårin Løvland had to play the role of hero just before the hour mark, as a shot from Kristian Non hit the kneecap of Gundersen and sent the ball knuckling away from Miljeteig, however the younger defender stood tall on the line and was able to clear the ball away before Bird could toe poke it in. Non would not be denied four minutes later as they put in an inch perfect shot from the top of the area and Julius could not react in time to send the shot around the post, Chromatika once more taking the lead and looking like they might be able to trip up the Marauders. Lothas Ludwig had other ideas and scored a masterful goal after being freed up by Veliz just inside the Marauders half, dribbling past two markers who were trying to slow him down, before coming into the area and deftly chipping the oncoming keeper and the ball lifted just over their hands before dropping into the back of the net and bringing the sides level with four minutes to play. Veliz once more sparked an attack in the dying seconds of injury time but Nova Williams was able to catch his shot with both hands and not spill it, which was fortunate as Hawk was there looking to pounce on a rebound.

Extra time was upon both teams and Didrik Gjedrem was not about to play for the shootout, either the Marauders were going to attack and win this match before the shootout or they would be caught out. Jakob Larsen was brought off in exchange for Thor Møller, and the Marauders moved into a very attacking 3-4-3 formation and were set to press the tiring legs of the Chromatika defense and hope they would make a mistake. The first half of extra time however saw the Anomalies stand strong, even as it became clear that they were starting to labor. The moment came with seven minutes left and a pass from defense to midfield did not have the required pace on it and Saxstrom intercepted in stride, bringing the Marauders attack down on the Anomalies area, the striker put in a hard low shot that Williams was able to stop but could not control it and Thor Møller was there waiting like Hawk had been at the end of regular time, and the elite striker made no mistake and quickly put the spilled ball into the back of the net and gave the Marauders the lead. Saxstrom was brought off for Zahra Solhaug and the side went back to a more balanced formation to see out the game, and that they did, edging out Chromatika to earn their trip to the Semifinals. There an old rival awaits, with the side set to travel to Eelandii to take on Turori in their own Eagle's club. A facility that Valanora wants for themselves, which means winning the tournament, and their old rivals will have to be brought down to make the desire a reality.

EPL Season 20,073

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Quarterfinals: Chromatika 2-2 Valanora (2-3 AET)
Goal: Bird '11, Non '86
Starting XI: Williams; Chapman - Freidman - Baugh - Rowles; Marc - Dias - Han (C); Gail; Non - Bird.
Substitutes: Watt -> Chapman ('69), Odling -> Baugh ('75), Croix-Pierre -> Han ('82)
Biggest Domestic Corporations with Influence in Chromatik Sports

Black Raven Technologies

Headquartered in Alnio, Capital District, Chromatika, Black Raven Technologies (BRT) is the main sponsor for the Red League in the Rainbow League System. (It was the sponsor of the League Chromatiks 2 for Seasons 4 and 5 and the sponsor of the Chromatik League Second Division for Seasons 3 through 5.) BRT specializes in electronics - cell phones, laptops, computers, and the like. There is a subsidiary called BRTunes that is a music platform, another called BRTech that is a loan service for those that don't want to own electronic devices outright as well as a tech repair service, and BRTelecom, one of Chromatika's premier cellular providers. Though a bit of a monopoly, BRT is regarded highly in the community through its outreach programs among the previous ROYG folks, its funding of various initiatives of the current Chromatik government, and its fair wages. As the Rainbow League System is really big on domestiv businesses, they will remain the sponsor for many cycles to come.

Death Templars Law Firm

Headquartered in Deprí Sanar, Deprí District, Chromatika, Death Templars Law Firm (DTLF) is a previous sponsor for many seasons of the Chromatik Domestic System, specifically the League Chromatiks 1 for Seasons 4 and 5 and the sponsor of the Chromatik League Premier Division for Seasons 3 through 5. DTLF is, first and foremost, a law firm that specializes in all manners of law - family, corporate, even criminal. It also has a subsidiary called Death Templars Services Corporation that provides everything from accounting to babysitting to housecleaning. DTLF is famous for employing a lot of Chromatika's youth, even being willing to hire high schoolers with parents' permission. Currently, DTLF is taking a hiatus of sponsoring anything in Chromatik Football, though there are rumors that it may sponsor the CCFA (Chromatik Collegiate Football Assocation).

Viper Motors

Viper Motors is Chromatika's premier vehicle manufacturing company (the only one in the nation that sells vehicles abroad), and is notable for not really having a corporate headquarters. Its logistical/executive headquarters are in Chromia, in the Capital District, while its financial/marketing headquarters are in Urrheddiao in Urrhed Island. Viper Motors sponsored the Third Division of the Chromatik League and currently sponsor the Orange League of the Rainbow League System. Viper Motors specializes in vehicles for the everyday Chromatik - affordable, durable, and environmentally friendly. There are some muscle cars/trucks and a few luxury brands, but vehicles from other Atlantian Oceanian companies are far more popular. Viper Motors is notorious for its strict regulations in whom they employ - anyone with a criminal background is not permitted, and the company self-regulates to very exact standards. It has designs to spread abroad to other nations in Atlantian Oceania in the future.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Turori
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Eagles Cup IX :: QF v. Legalese & twii.tur

Postby Turori » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:43 am

:: twii.tur

twii.tur is a short message communication service based in Turori allowing users to exchange content of 140 characters or less. The service originated as a way to allow officials to receive alerts and key information such as incoming weather notifications, major events and the ability to stay coordinated during a time of crisis but was under-utilized and doubts were raised as to whether the overhead of the infrastructure was worthwhile to maintain.

As capabilities of interconnected and handheld communication devices improved, the Turorian Weather & Information Interchange (Twii) was adapted into a public facing service where users could sign up to create their own twii nodes where users would sign up to a twii group to receive all the twii messages delivered by members of that group.

Ultimately, as demand grew, a fully public release of twii came at the connected location twii.tur where all users can participate in the public twii, selecting which messages to receive by adding individual users, groups or topics to their twii.tur feed.

During Eagle's Cup IX, twii.tur served as the presenting sponsor of the Eagles Club Artifacts Match which which was one of two matches during the Group Stage of the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy to be held at the Turorian Eagle's Club location, the other being Turori's home leg against Zwangzug. The Artifacts match saw two nations from outside of Atlantian Oceania come in to get their first slice of Eagle's Cup action. Indusse, a nation never short on international communication but often leaving something to be desired on the pitch, were up against an Omerica side that, while former champions of the Independent Associations Cup, had gone through some recent difficulties within the squad that led to a mixed squad being sent to recent Internationstatal competitions. In the end, however, the Omerican's got their act together just enough to take down Indusse, winning the Artifacts match by a 2-0 scoreline and sufficiently stoking the flames for the knockout round matches that followed shortly thereafter.

As Omerica and Indusse headed out of Eelandii their spots in the locker rooms were replaced by Turori and Legalese. Both sides would have to travel within the region for the match as Turori would be returning home from Northwest Kalactin where they closed out their Group Stage triumph with a 4-3 victory over the nation that was Legalese's opponent in the Eagle's Cup VIII Relic's Match while Legalese had just suffered a 0-1 defeat at their home ground Shoreline Park where they were dropped 1-0 by Savojarna but narrowly held on to the second spot in the Group on Goal Differential.

The First knockout round of the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy would be the first meeting between Legalese and Turori in the Eagle's Cup since the Eagle's Cup IV when the two sides were drawn together in Group A. That match ended in a goalless draw which, at the time, the Legalite's celebrated as Turori were at the time defending Eagle's Cup Champions while Legalese were ranked just 122nd in the multiverse and were looking for positives to take away from the competition to boost their confidence heading into the World Cup Qualifiers. While it was a notable result the real story of the group came on Matchday 2 when Legalese stunned new neighbors Starblaydia 1-0 in the start of a new Bekkside rivalry while Turori suffered their 1093rd defeat all time to Audioslavia. Ultimately both sides would end up crashing out of the tournament as Turori's Eagle's Cup title defense ended at the bottom of Group A.

It would be a very different meeting on the Eagle's Club Pitch #1 for the Semi-Finals of the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy, however, with Turori and Legalese trading first half goals to enter the tunnel at forty-five minutes locked in a desperate bid to advance. Legalese actually took a 2-1 lead shortly after the half through Skyler Mandella but the goal seemed only to kick the Turorian's back into gear. The Eels went on a riot from the hour mark and scored 4 unanswered goals across a less-than 15 minute time period to seal their place in the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Final for the first time.

Turori 5 - 2 Legalese	
Goals: :: 14' Daliora Toru'u:: 66' Lati'ala Giaoka:: 69' Meldi'ita Mungwaii:: 73' Meldi'ita Mungwaii:: 77' Wiztsana Iretziia
Team: Wiyauw An'maude, Amakli Inuro'o, Biliki Rona'atu'i (Tulaki Rauogba 45'), Mikki Mayelli, Mbdiai Akarenaa, Daliora Toru'u, Lati'ala Giaoka, Kentu Umaka'a, Nua'oma Aikiki (Kala'a Yuliizala 68'), Wiztsana Iretziia (Turakia Diijelhma 76'), Meldi'ita Mungwaii

Image Cocoa-bo Eatery
@cocoabott

Ok, who wants tickets to the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Final at the @EaglesClub? Star and Tag and we'll draw 5 winners.

#EaglesCupIX : #CocoaboChallengeTrophy : #ValanoraVTurori

Eagles Club
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Eagles' Cup IX :: Semi Final Scores

Postby Eagles Club » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:02 am

Image Semi Finals Image

Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Final

Turori [1] Valanora [2]

3rd Place Playoff
Legalese [2] Chromatika [2] [2-3] AET.

Cup of Champions Final

Banija [2] Graintfjall [2] [4-3] AET.

3rd Place Playoff
Nephara [2] Xanneria [1]

Image EAGLE'S CUP MEDAL ROUND Image

:: GOLD MEDAL GAME ::
Valanora v. Banija
Eels Park, Eelandii, Turori

:: BRONZE MEDAL GAME ::
Followed by Eagle's Cup Medal Ceremony
Turori v. Graintfjall

NOTE: :: Eagle's Cup Medal Round Scores will follow 40-45 Hours from this post!

SF: CORPORATE GOALS :: You've done it. You've made it to a Cup Final or 3rd Place Playoff. Whether its the Cup of Champions, the Cocoa-bo Trophy or the Eagle's Cup itself, there is something to play for. A win in the next match could forever inscribe your nation on the stone tablet known as 'Factbook'. Surely your citizens are excited about this, right? Corporations love to take advantage of situations like this to tell the citizens what they should be excited for, and make them associate their branding with the National Team's success even if it had nothing to do with it. What companies or organizations are the biggest supporters of Sports in your Nation? What is their influence both in Sports and around your nation? What promotions might they be running to promote their product and the National Team's deep run in the Eagle's Cup? Graphic Bonus: What defines the brand identity for these companies? (Logos, Products, Kit Sponsorship, Promotional Material etc.)

FIN: SHINING STARS :: Just Four teams remain who will have played the maximum amount of games from start to finish - 9 in total. Which player broke out and made a name for themselves in these games and what key performances did they have? What will the reward be should they earn the best medal available to them? Where would the medal/trophy be stored? Graphic Bonus: Show your countries past major trophy/medal achievements (Trophies, banners, medals, murals etc)
Note: The Champion will be able to designate or construct a specific venue as the home of their official Eagle's Club chapter. What kind of facilities might be renovated or torn down to make room for the Eagle's Club? OR What facilities have already received this treatment in the past.

ImageImage

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:40 pm

Players make case for World Cup Qualifying inclusion as Banija punches ticket to the Eagle's Cup Final

Colorful Banijan fan section at the Cup of Champions Final between the Snow Wolves and the Kadongo Kamu

EELANDII, TURORI- Banijan success at this tournament, while not complete. For the second consecutive Eagle's Cup(Although not happening in consecutive World Cup Cycles), Banija have clinched a berth in the tournament Final in Turori. In Eagle's Cup VIII, in what many viewed as a launch pad for their bronze medal finish in World Cup 85, which led to a gold medal finish at World Cup 86, the Banijans had entered through the Challenge Trophy side. Many years earlier, we had earned a spot by defeating Aggrey-Fynnland by a score of 1-0 in extra time at the Eagle's Club Futures match, ahead of our re-entry to world football at World Cup 79 Qualifying. We won the challenge trophy, and then for good measure, defeated the then defending world champions, Farfadillis, in extra time to win this trophy for the first time.

And now, as permanent members of the Eagle's Club, we return to this tournament. Not in the Eagle's Club side, of course, but in the Cup of Champions. As world champions. Much like that Farfadillis squad, we didn't bring the World Cup winning squad- more of a select team. Players who didn't get a chance at the AOCAFs, who are borderline national team players, giving them an opportunity to impress Marcus Waters. We came out strong, winning our first three home games. While we only got two points in three away games, it was enough to make the next round. We then downed Nephara on penalties in Brinemouth, and followed that up with this win over Græntfjall to take the Cup of Champions trophy home with us.

It was a grit and grind kind of a victory. One of those insane finishes. All these long names that we can't possibly pronounce(although that's what they probably say about us, eh?). Rögnvaldursson scoring an 88th minute equalizer for the Snow Wolves to force extra time. Kausu Dione scoring to open extra time, but Rögnvaldursson responding to make it 3-3. Theresa Lubalo, the Ibini FC player, coming off the bench to score in the 111th minute to make it 4-3. Hrærekur Jvarsson earning and taking a penalty in the 117th minute, where Wanda Kouyaté went the wrong way but the ball hit the outside of the post and bounced out of bounds.

Crazy win. We've now won the Cup of Champions, making this the third consecutive international cycle with a trophy(Eagle's Cup 85, World Cup 86, and now the Cup of Champions in 87). But the job isn't done yet. "We're here not only to pick up this trophy, but defend the big one." Marcus Waters told reporters. "We've got one more game, and we're going to be stretched to the absolute limit against a team of Valanora's capabilities. We've finally got a star on our crest, but they've got five for a reason- they define this sport. It's a great test for our players, to player a team of Valanora's stature in a tournament final. What better test to show if we can deal with pressure, both in the days of buildup and on the pitch, than a matchup like this?"

And he's right. It'll be one last chance for Banija's players to impress as they chase that trophy. But who has already impressed? What players have made the best case for their inclusion in the World Cup 87 Qualifying squad?

GK Wanda Kouyaté

She, of course, will be a fixture in that squad. She probably didn't need to be here at all. We all know her accomplishments- the multiverse's only player to be a U18, U21, and senior World Cup champion. But she's in an unenviable position right now, despite those accolades- she's the second choice goalkeeper for both her club and her country. Therefore, playing time can be hard to come by. And if she's second choice at Jungle Strike, how can she try to climb the national team ladder to overtake Tantoh? That's why she's taking this opportunity.

She had her struggles for a few games, but she has had an overall strong tournament. She had a number of quality saves against Nephara, including two in the penalty shootout, to allow Banija to pull off the upset against a team that had gone 6-0-0 in the group stages, with an overall goal differential of +16. While one wouldn't say she's automatically going to be the first choice for club or country after this tournament, she certainly hasn't hurt her stock. She's done an admirable job serving as this team's vocal leader, wearing the armband for the duration of the tournament. She'll strive for a strong final as she tries to do what she can to overtake Francois Tantoh by the time the World Cup 87 Finals come around.

CAM Abigail Admassu

She, of course, is a U21 world champion. Namakula Kawesa, of course, has a stranglehold on the #10 position for the senior national team. And Momodou Sene is still ahead of her in the pecking order. But she has definitely made some moves towards trying to make the final 23. She's been the orchestrator of the offense. She has played well for Energie Thosborg in Savojarna, making an impact right away, even though the club only had a mid-table finish in Savojarna's most recent season. Transferring good form to the international setup, then, is important for her.

There's a backlog of Banijan talent in her preferred playmaker role. Momodou Sene. Kiggwe Basamula. And of course, the aforementioned Namakula Kawesa. But Admassu is doing what she can to try and bust her way through the backlog, and her performance at this tournament will help. Still, a big World Cup Final will do her wonders.

ST Kausu Dione

Kausu Dione is one of the players to start in both a U18 and U21 World Cup Final, being on the victorious winning team in both of those tournaments. He naturally wants to do the same at the senior level, but hasn't broken through yet. Idai Uster, of course, was able to essentially skip the youth setup and use a year of college to bust through straight to the senior level, where she was quickly noticed abroad and now she's a star in Nephara. Dione thought that would be him- but nobody saw Uster coming.

Now, Dione is not in an enviable spot. Thanks to the formation of the S-FPL, he finds himself in Banija's second tier, playing for Capitol City FC. But competition for that striker spot on the bench is wide open. Cyper Baldeh's got a slight advantage now, but Dione has had himself a strong tournament. He's scored a trio of goals himself at this tournament. He can be a big game player. But he's got to show it. The Eagle's Cup Final will be a great opportunity for him to show off his skills.

A few other players have done themselves some good things at this tournament as well. Chiokie Uchie is almost certain to get a deeper look from Waters going into World Cup Qualifying. So will Suma Dibba. But those above three, those are the players who have probably done the most for their prospects going into World Cup Qualifying. But forget qualifying- we've got a final to attend to. Banija v. Valanora, at Eels Park. Will it be the Banijans becoming the first time to successfully defend this trophy? Or will Valanora wrestle the trophy away from Banija and show the multiverse that, despite three GSW nations winning three of the last four World Cups, that they are still the Kings of the Glorious Southwest?

We'll see in a few days time. As always- Go Banija!
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Valanora
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Third Time Lucky

When you are playing elite competition, it is often regarded as being quite fortunate if you are able to defeat the same team twice in a row, particularly in the same tournament. That is what many felt Turori had been, quite lucky have to defeated the Marauders in the second matchday of the tournament in Turori and then once again in Valanora on the fifth matchday, a result that nearly put an early end to the Marauder's trip in the Eagle's Cup. Turori looked like they were about to do what many thought was impossible and to beat the Marauders for a third time in the competition and in doing so, punch their ticket to the Eagle's Cup Final itself, having the advantage of playing the Cocoa-bo Challenge Trophy Final in Turori. In the two previous ties, Turori had played stellar defense and had kept quiet all the magnificent attacking talents that the Marauders have in their employ and that was likely going to be their gameplan for the third fixture as well, keep Hawk and Saxstrom at bay and then strike true when they were offered opportunities on the other side of the field. However what they forgot to account for is Lothas Ludwig and his rapid ascent from wonderkid to actual elite player.

FC Felsenkirchen 1879, a club that no one had heard of, is where the story starts, signing Ludwig and putting him into their youth team over in Siovanija and Teusland. There he earned his way into the starting lineup with his work ethic and skill, that starting nod being rewarded with quite a few goals and assists being made off of his work on the field. Then the crazy happened, he was included in the Marauders' qualifying pool for the World Cup Qualifiers, having been on the bench for a few matches and even got a few appearances, this prompted Flesenkirchen to start giving him a few looks at their first team. All the while the youth team was marching through the IFCF Youth Cup and all the way into the Final itself, with Lothas playing a big part of the team's march towards that Final berth, even though he had to miss a few matches with an injury. In the Final though, under the microscope of pressure, Ludwig rose to the occasion and grabbed a brace for Felsenkirchen, including the goal that won the match for them in the dying minutes of the game.

And so we come to the Eagle's Cup, where Ludwig has been thrust into the starting role to take up the mantle from the aging Thor Møller, though the Shamrock Cathair striker has already proven he is still a beast when he is given a chance. Four goals through the group stage performance is nothing to sneeze at, especially from a young striker who has only been getting select starts with his club's senior team. However everyone could see the promise, see how Lothas glides through the ground with the ball at his feet and how he can make magic out of nothing to create scoring chances. In the knockout round, the young striker showed once more he was full of steel and grit, grabbing the equalizing goal for the Marauders in the final minutes against Chromatika to send that match into extra time. From that saving grace from the foot of Ludwig, the Marauders would press their advantage and eventually would undo the Anomalies in extra time, to bring about the match with Turori in their own backyard with a trip to the Final on the line. No one had to asked if Lothas was ready for such a titanic clash, for he had already shown himself able to handle the pressure of big moments.

Unlike against Chromatika, it would be the Marauders who would strike first and strike fast, as Saxstrom passed the ball to Ludwig to open up the ball and instead of passing back, the striker instead pressed forward. He weaved in and out of the Turori midfield and backline like a skier going down the slopes of a mountain, as if they were naught but standing obstacles for him to overcome and indeed he did, before putting his laces through the ball inside the area and blasting it past Timaala Hualtia. Not even forty seconds into the match and Ludwig had made an impact in yet another final and big pressure situation, giving the Marauders an early lead. Unfortunately it was a lead that would only last for seven minutes before Wiztsana Iretziia brought things level with a clinical strike near the penalty spot that Julius Miljeteig was never going to stop. After the initial ten minutes of back and forth action, Turori clamped down on the Vanorian playmakers and brought the game to a crawl, suffocating out the Vanorian attack much like they had done so in the first two meetings. If the Marauders were going to win this game, they would have to do something special.

Special however is how a lot of people are describing Lothas Ludwig and with seventeen minutes left before extra time, the lad would produce that something special that would ultimately be the difference between the two sides. Having drifted out towards the left wing, a position that he is perfectly capable of playing in, he collected a pass from Hawk and the two played some quick one-two passing trying to stretch the Turori defense out. As they advanced up the field, Saxstrom started a run towards the near post and it looked like Lothas was about to cross it to his striker partner. However that was not the case and instead Ludwig had aimed for the top of the box on the far side where Jakob Larsen was waiting to meet the cross on a one time volley that was blistered into the upper corner of the net, nearly lifting the goal off its hinges with the amount of power that was put behind the shot. The cross had been inch perfect and the shot had been masterful and the near perfection between the two players undid the Turori clamp as a momentary lapse by the false run of Saxstrom had created the space needed and the Marauders would see off their hosts to book passage into the Final.

The side will be staying in Turori and in the same stadium for the Final, as they get to take on subregional rival and current World Cup Holders Banija for the chance of winning the Eagle's Cup. Where Banija has brought a team of fringe players looking to make their case for the full national team, the Marauders have brought a team that will likely be featuring for them for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers, should they not be awarded hosting rights. Only Ludwig had been a major question mark and yet with the play that the young striker has had through the tournament, you would be hard pressed to find a reason to keep him out of the team now. While it might be somewhat unfair to drop Thor to the bench, the talent has been put on highlight during this tournament and the starting position should be his, especially as it is rumored he is to be the featured striker back with his domestic team once the season rolls around. As for the Marauders, getting an edge over on Banija and a mental prep for chasing the sixth star would be great, as well as finally getting an Eagle's Club chapter of their own. Unlike previous occasions where it was thought to be placed in the capital, there has been a growing concesus to place it in either Sabinal or Caddo as a measure to show the full commitment the empire has to its member states.

EPL Season 20,073

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:12 pm

Excerpt from The Fußball Show with Jessika Jünkindietrünk.
    Jessika, unencumbered as ever by a need to correctly pronounce the names of foreign countries, is standing at the display screen.

“…Kauko Jorgesson?” guesses veteran football journalist Olle Tobiasson.

“No, remember Christian Einvarðursson actually began the tournament in the #1 jersey, although Kauko seems to have established himself in the role now.”

It’s the turn of Steinaux captain Petter Erlingsson to guess. “Lyngar Rögnvaldursson?”

“No! I thought you might remember your teammate Ásvarður Bergmundursson taking his place, Petter.”

“I thought maybe off the bench…”

“No. The correct answer is Robin Harrysson. He will be the only member of the Snow Wolves squad for this Eagle’s Cup who will end up playing in all 9 games, when he takes to the field against Turdori in the bronze medal playoff.”

A graphic appears on the screen behind Jessika pointing out the various absences for the bronze medal match against Turori. The absence of a ‘d’ in their name is not pointed out.

GTV’s rendering of the Eagles Cup logo has been widely praised for both its vivid expressionism and its meticulous attention to detail.

“So by playing in all 9 games, do you think Robin has done enough to establish himself permanently in the side?”

“No, I’d still expect Bríana Noahsdóttir to come back in on the right wing. I do think Robin and Hanne have played well, though. They’ve given the team a very different shape to what Bríana and Hlégestur offer. It’s a big shame for Hanne that, after scoring that wonderful free-kick, she limped off and will miss the final match of a tournament she’s played in with increasing confidence.”

“Olle, do you think the two wingers will feature in the coming World Cup plans?”

“Perhaps off the bench, but like Petter I would expect Bríana Noahsdóttir to return given her experience. She was one of the few players to have a good Copa Rushmori and the Snow Wolves are very dependent on her at set-pieces, which is something Robin doesn’t really offer. And on the left, Hlégestur Snæþórsson is having a very strong domestic season in Tikariot, so I would anticipate him retaining his place. Both might be part of the squad, but I suspect they’ll spend more time on the bench than on the field.”

“Mkay, so Petter, has anyone made a case for themselves?”

“Hjörleifur Reynarsson, certainly. He was already very much part of the team, of course, but he’s moved clear to the front of the line in center defense after his performances this tournament. He was badly missed in this game with his thigh strain, but he can be confident of walking right back in at the heart of the defense when he’s fit again. Similarly, anyone thinking about leaving Hrærekur Jvarsson out had better think again after the way he’s led from the front here – first name on the team sheet, in my opinion.”

“Yes Petter, but anyone new…”

“Ásvarður Bergmundursson, certainly. He’s been very prolific and we badly missed him here. I’m glad he’ll be fit enough to play against Turori.”

“Lots of Steinaux names…” chuckles Olle. “Forgive me for casting my net a little wider, but I thought the midfield three worked well. Hæming Tronsson and Álfar Ásvaldursson had fallen a little out of selection favor, but they proved themselves here with some strong performances. A few too many disciplinary problems but you want a certain amount of tough tackling from your defensive midfielders. I don’t know quite what system the team will be using going forward but I’d look for at least one of them to retain their place.”

“What about the tournament as a whole? If the Grannysfallopians win the bronze medal, will they return home considering themselves to have achieved enough? Petter?”

“They’ve already probably outperformed expectations. Certainly an improvement on the disappointments of the Cup of Harmony and Copa Rushmori. I don’t want to dismiss the importance of the bronze medal match – the Snow Wolves will really want to finish on a winning note, I’m sure – but I think whatever happens now they can return home with a lot of pride.”

“Olle?”

“The big winner has not been a player, but the National High Performance Center, which has proved its worth. The games were well attended and of high quality, and the players have shown improved fitness levels. As for the players? Mmm, I think it’s been an interesting experiment. We’re starting to notice that sometimes the team puts in its best performances when Amanda Guttisdóttir or, particularly, Jason Þórhallursson are absent. The Baptism of Fire? The Copa Rushmori win against Darmen? The Rabastor Unity Trophy? And now here, a win against Krytenia and even some good performances against Banija? It’s an interesting phenomenon. Certainly, no one would suggest leaving Jason Þórhallursson out in place of Ásvarður Bergmundursson or that Hrærekur Jvarsson can fill in for Amanda Guttisdóttir…”

Petter proceeds to suggest both such things.

Banija – 2 (2) (4 a.e.t)
Kouyaté; Dibba, Uchie Image (110’), Sowe; Coote Image (68’), Halim Image (56’), Kama, Dawit Image (84’ Lubalo Image Image (111’)); Admassu Image (68’ Faye Image Image (117’)); Dione Image Image (38’, 92’) Image (97’ Sey Image), Baldeh Image (10’) Image (53’ Touré Image)

Græntfjall – 2 (0) (3 a.e.t.)
Jorgesson; Vilbertsdóttir Image (110’ Thorleifsson Image), Svanhólmsson Image (40’) Image (88’ Jokulsson Image), Bensson, Lúthersdóttir; Tronsson Image (64’) Image (74’ Miansdóttir Image), Jvarsson Image (94’), Ásvaldursson Image (116’); Heikkisdóttir Image (56’) Image (75’ Guðmannsson Image), Harrysson; Rögnvaldursson Image Image (88’, 102’)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports