NATION

PASSWORD

World Indoor Soccer Championships 3 (Champions Crowned)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:18 am

Some exquisite short passing and impressive attacking moves gifted Megadia a route to the knockout stages of the nations first ever World Indoor Soccer Championships in a thrilling encounter against Outlying States that ended in a 3-1 win to Megadia.

Fairly confident of qualifying for the knockout stages and trying to make sure that key players were rested for it, the Megastars started with Ludovic Van Damme and Vijay Santos upfront and Armando Santos and Gareth O'Connelly in defence, Leigh Nephews also played, making his first appearance of the tournament in goal for the match.

Van Damme and Santos' communication was almost telepathic, creating opportunity after opportunity before finally setting up O'Connelly to score with a brilliantly executed shot from the veteran defender. However, Outlying States were resilient managing to score a scrappy goal after a number of shots coming from a variety of positions to get the score level again. After that, Megadia were less of a threat in attack until, with 10 minutes left, the omnipotent, Austin Freshwater-Blake came on as a substitute for Vijay Santos and scored two spectacular solo goals, dribbling skilfully through the opposition defence before tucking the ball away on both occasions, within the space of 5 minutes.

Megadia will be facing Carasatoga in Pirata in the knockout stages who are ranked 19th in the world, which guarantees that this will be a tough encounter for the Megadian team. But everybody involved in the team will know they are capable of causing an upset.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Darmen advances to Round of Sixteen

Game One-Darmen 1-3 Polar Islandstates
Darmen started the WISC off to a sour note, losing by two goals to Polar Islandstates. Shon Nitcher scored for Darmen.

Game Two-Darmen 4-0 Spitfyred1
Darmen rebounded quickly, putting up three goals in the first 10 minutes of the game. Nitcher scored twice, while Deangelo Detering scored once. Hosea Jackett added the final goal.

Game Three-Darmen 9-3 Howdeellow
Nitcher showed that he is one of the best Futsal players in Darmen as he led the way with five goals. Detering added a hat trick of his own, while Arnoldo Dantes scored his first goal of the tournament.

Game Four-Darmen 4-2 Thatius
Detering had another hat trick, while Kristoffer Ozaeta added the final goal, with only 20 seconds left in regulation.

Game Five-Darmen 2-0 Krumbia
Nitcher and Detering each had a goal.

Game Six-Darmen 8-3 Iphmopf
Detering, Nitcher, and Jackett each scored twice, while Ozaeta and Dantes each added another.

Game Seven-Darmen 1-1 Sarzonia
Darmen struggled against the #2 ranked team in the world. Only Nitcher, Darmen's top forward, was able to find the net.

Round of 16-#3Darmen vs. #1Delaclava
It all comes down to a battle between two of the top three ranked teams in the world. Only one team can advance, so this will be a very exciting game. Darmen's Manager, Tony Donaldson, said, "We're going to come out guns blazing. We're not going to hold anything back. It's gonna be a fun game."

Darmen Goal Count
Nitcher-12
Dettering-10
Jackett-3
Dantes-2
Ozaeta-2
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:12 pm

#3 Polar Islandstates vs #14 Spitfyred1

Our favourite Fyreballz team will have a very tough match-up in the round of sixteen, getting dealt Polar Islandstates a team that gave them a 5-1 thrashing earlier this competition.

The Superheroes truly are a formidable squad, with many great players. The Fyreballz will grit their teeth and pray but this seems a hurculean challenge.

(ooc) sorry for the short post. At least I'll get something for naming the teams?

The Golden Tamarind
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Tamarind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 am

José Antonio Apraiz reflected on a tournament well handled. All to schedule so far, most teams happy (there's always one). No missing days, no mess-ups. And the Tamarindo old boys had done well. They had attracted capacity crowds and passionate support at all of their games. The legs had held out reasonably well, although it was unfortunate that the toughest game came on the last matchday after four days of football without a day off. No-one was surprised at the sound thrashing administered by Erathore, looking good in this competition and attracting a lot of interest themselves, particularly with rumours circulating that Masvidal was close to a move to the country - something amounting to a national scandal. The old boys were picking up some good nicknames too, always a sign that they were appreciated: the Old Boys, the Silver Tamarins, The Pensioners. Saturnino Serrano, that scandalous old grouch of a newspaperman, was calling them the Twenty Bad Knees, although he had also referred to them as the Hip Replacements, the Forgetfuls, the Dodderers, and, most unfavourably, Los Demencias. He was a cruel wit. But on the whole the public had taken well to the Silver Tamarins, as we shall call them. The time seemed right to José Antonio, Commissioner of the Tamarindian Syndicate for Football, to announce Liga Elefante - sponsored as the name indicates by the Tamarindo favourite, the vitality drink Elefante. An exhibition fútsal tournament to tour the country, featuring some of the old greats of the game. Six teams, squads of twelve, each player over 40, each an old favourite of the days before the Primera Liga. It would be nice to close the tournament on a bang, thought the Commissioner. A positive bang, that is, rather than a bomb-plot. Damn Carmadin idealists - there's always one. If it's not Bosch the Darmenicanian, it's someone else. Fortunately we seem to have a got a lid on it before the whole place was sullied, this poor paradise of ours. Still, that's what you get if you invite foreigners, ahem, tourists, into your home - trouble. And moaning, of course. Always a sore loser. But to accuse the tournament officials of bias? José Antonio doubted very much the Krumbles would ever get visa entries into Tamarindia again - one word in the right ear, the whole damn nation will be banned. What of the teams left? José Antonio couldn't help but be amused by those superheroes. Coming all the way from the North Poles, to our steamy abode, and playing in masks! Plucky fellows, and good with it. A lot of the superpowers were in, but a couple of surprise packages too. Perhaps a new champion? Always good to win on home territory, but of course, as in the way the Tamarindians structured their football, with drafts, bans on transfer fees, that sort of thing, it was always good to see new teams emerge, keeping it fresh. Not allowing a world order to be established. For the good of the competition, José Antonio felt a new champion would be ideal. We shall see.
The nation now formally known as Tamarindia - TG them, not me!

The Golden Tamarind
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Tamarind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:24 am

Round of Sixteen

El Muelle, Pirata
Ocel0t 7–6 Wadomia
Tamarindia 6–2 Altimarus
Sarzonia 6–5 Oaków
Carasatoga 2–4 Megadia

Centro Deportivo, Los Artículos
Polar Islandstates 4–3 Spitfyred1
Darmen 7–5 Delaclava
Bergnovinaia 2–1 Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Erathore 5–4 Ipeland

Quarter FinalsTuesday 11
Matches played at Tech Arena, Tesoro
QM1Ocel0t vs Tamarindia
QM2Sarzonia vs Megadia
QM3Polar Islandstates vs Darmen
QM4Bergnovinaia vs Erathore

Semi FinalsWednesday 12
Matches played at Sun Arena, Misión
SF1Winners QM1 vs QM2
SF2Winners QM3 vs QM4

Final & Third-Place Play-Off: Thursday 13 October

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Darmen handed #1 ranked Delaclava an early ticket home, defeating them 7-5 in the Round of 16. Nitcher scored three, while Detering added two along with Dantes. Darmen now has another tough matchup against Polar Islandstates, who defeated Spitfyred1 4-3. Darmen should have the upper hand in all aspects of the game, but there is a small chance Darmen could follow in Delaclava's footsteps and make an early exit. Should Darmen win against PIS, they'll face either Bergnovinaia or Erathore. Either way, it's looking like it'll be a tough road to get to the final, but fans are excited.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

The Golden Tamarind
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Tamarind » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 am

Quarter Finals
Tech Arena, Tesoro

QF1Ocel0t 2–3 Tamarindia
QF2Sarzonia 3–0 Megadia
QF3Polar Islandstates 6–5 Darmen
QF4Bergnovinaia 0–1 Erathore

Semi Finals
SF1Tamarindia vs Sarzonia
SF2Polar Islandstates vs Erathore

Final & Third-Place Play-Off: Thursday 13 October

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:37 pm

"And I'm saying I do respect your opinion, Iron Man, I just happen to have a differing one, that's all..."
"But what about the special editions though? The DC ones hold their value way more than the Marvel ones do."

"Look, pal, I know you're the referee, and I do respect your opinion, I do, please don't take the Superman suit as some sort of claim to superiority, it's just a costume. All I'm saying, is I'm not sure it should be legal for Darmen to score like that."

"Mr Aarbus-"

"Ahem."

"Fine, sorry, Superman, whatever, the goal was legal. Deangelo Detering didn't break any rules in the lead-up to the goal, and nor did his team mates. The fact that Spiderman wasn't paying attention is not my concern."

"But they tricked us, ref! Their keeper asked my front two to start debating the many facets to the frequently over-cooked discussion of DC vs Marvel. I mean, he knew what he was doing."

"Look, are you trying to make me angry? Because you won't like me when I'm angry"
"Oh, man, not that hack phrase again..."
"At least I have something even remotely approaching a catchphrase."

"Mere gamesmanship, Superman."

"But ref, he goaded them into fighting each other! He was calling the The Justice League for crying out loud!"

"And your players gave as good in the argument as they did. A difference of opinion is not a foul, Superman. Besides, it was clearly DC."

"I mean, Zorro?! You're barely even a superhero!"
"Well who asked you, Batman? You've got no superpowers, you're just well equipped and physically fit."
"I've got Robin! So there"
"Yeha, I wouldn't brag about that too much here if I were you..."

"Oh, don't get me started on- No. Breathe, Superman. I'm just saying ref, it didni't look very sporting to me from here, that's all."

"No? What they're doing now looks pretty sporting to me..."

"MEGAZORD ASSEMBLE!"
"No, that's not what they said."
"What was it then? Wasn't it just some flute music perhaps?
"Just shut up and get on my shoulders."

"Why? What are th- Oh, for crying out loud... GUYS! GUYS! YOU CANNOT DO YOUR MEGAZORD ASSEMBLY INSIDE! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?! Look, I ju- oh, there goes Wolverine. Well, serves him right. That'll hurt in the morning."

"Son of a... Ow. That'll hurt in the morning."

"Not really, he's got an adamantium skeleton hasn't he?"

"..."

"..."

"What?"

"Well, the point is, it's 6-5 now. We're still winning, even with that disputed goal, and there isn't much time left on the clock, so I'm not complaining as such, I just wanted to make sure that yo-"

"It's over, actually."

"What?"

"Look, just accept that you're wrong, will you?"
"When you DC lot are the shambles in the wrong? Don't make me sick."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Want to taste some of my bat-a-rang skills do we? EH?!"

"The match. It's over. It finished 6-5 to your lot. I blew the whistle whilst they were arguing, but nobody seemed to hear it. Of course, you had all of your subs bench illegally on the field but, I'm willing to overlook that for the sake of my sanity."

"So, we're into the semi-final?"

"Right, come here you little..."
"Little?"
"Get your hands off me you brute!"
"Just shut up, yeah?"
"No, you shut up!"
"Aaraghrhgg..."

"You are indeed. Congratulations. You'll be against Erathore I think. Anyway, I best get started on filing the referee's report. This might take longer than usual today..."

"Right, see you, thanks! There. You hear that, Thor? I told you those tactics would work! Semi-finals time! I think we'll be the weakest of the teams in the final four, but that doesn't mean to say we can't- Thor? Thor, where are you going with that hammer? Thor? Thor! Ohhh, I'm going to be on the news... Thor? Thor! Come back! Thor! Where are you going with that hammer? Don't you smite anybody now..."
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

The Golden Tamarind
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Tamarind » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 am

Semi Finals
Sun Arena, Misión

SF1Tamarindia 8–6 Sarzonia

SF2Polar Islandstates 4–3 Erathore

Final
Sun Arena, Misión

Tamarindia vs. Polar Islandstates

Third-Place Play-off
Sun Arena, Misión

Sarzonia vs. Erathore

OOC: To preserve impartiality the final will be scorinated by Sorthern Northland.

The Golden Tamarind
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Tamarind » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 am

Third Place Play-Off
Sun Arena, Misión

Sarzonia 7–10 Erathore

Sorthern Northland will scorinate the final later today.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:55 am

A bit later than I'd intended, apologies for the delay.

Final
Sun Arena, Misión

Tamarindia 4–7 Polar Islandstates
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

The Golden Tamarind
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Tamarind » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 am

Sorthern Northland wrote:A bit later than I'd intended, apologies for the delay.

Final
Sun Arena, Misión

Tamarindia 4–7 Polar Islandstates

Congratulations you superheroes, you!

Next time we're coming with capes... or kryptonite.

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:39 am

The people of Polar Islandstates were overjoyed to see their team of heroes take home the WISC3, and there will be a hero's return waiting for them at Franz Josef Airport when they take the trophy home.

A masked spokesperson for the squad had this to say:
"It is true that we have won, and for that, we are grateful and yes, humble, in our celebrations. We have enjoyed our time here, but we will soon be leaving. Though, never fear. As long as there are wrongs that need a right, and as long as there are villains who need bringing to justice, and as long as there are citizens who need protecting or just some reassurance that the whole world isn't corrupted against them... we'll be there. By the rising of the sun, or the setting of the moon, we'll be there. Watching. Waiting. Ever vigilant.
Doodle-oodle-OODLE-oodle-oooo... Der ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner, der ner ner ner ner ner ner ner, der ner ner ner ner ner ner..."
Last edited by Polar Islandstates on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Carasatoga
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carasatoga » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Post-WISC 3 World Rankings are now up in the discussion thread.
Congratulations to Polar Islandstates, and to the new World number one: Tamarindia!
The Carasatoga Authority Republic
Demonym: Carasatogan || Population: 32,526,307 || Trigramme: CRG || Located: Rushmore

Champions: U-18 IBC 1, Women's Soccer World Cup I
Runners-Up: Volleyball World Expo I, II & VI, West Guiana Softball Invite II
3rd Place: World Softball Classic, Saugeais Baseball Tournament, Volleyball World Expo III & IV, Beaver Cup, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos
Hosted: IBC IX, Volleyball World Expo I, II, III & VI, World Indoor Soccer Championship 1, U-18 IBC 1, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos

Rankings:
Football: NR Basketball: 26 Baseball: 50 Beach Soccer: 54 Ice Hockey: NR
Indoor Soccer: 10 Lacrosse: 46 Soccer: NR Softball: 3 Volleyball: 3

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports