NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the VI Olympiad - RP thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:27 pm

X Island Inquirer

A Team and a Dream: The Story of the Taeshan Olympic Team

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...Get Some
Last edited by Taeshan on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Armorgames
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Armorgames » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey all you guys, it is Marice Matts again. AG has been doing REALLY bad. Thats all.

No seriously thats all I got. We have been bad and there is nothing good thats been coming out of it. We don't even have a bronze medal, this has been embarrassing. But we are doing really well in the X Games.

I don't think we are going to even get a medal this whole Olympics. That would be kind of funny.

Okay bye now. I don't have an amazing expertise to give you about how we are going to turn this around.

Oh, and one more thing, I am stuck here in this little closet or something. I need help. Alright now I am seriously leaving.
Last edited by Armorgames on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3rd place in 12th World Lacrosse Championships
2nd in the inaugural U-18 IBC.

Ma wiki

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Euskirribakondara is celebrating on this, the most glorious day for Euskirribakondara in the olympics.... Day 8!
The 8 is a magical lucky number in Euskirribakondara, and this proves to be right, cause we achieved two medals today... GOLD and BRONZE!

We won our fourth Bronze!!!!!!! Yay!
This is the second medal for a woman...... well, in this case women!
Nalús Horgokarripaldea, Katlyn Jones and Vania Narinhauregi made it to the bronze races.... and won, with a time of 48.390.... which would have been a silver, if they had participated in the gold medal race.

But who cares? We GOT a MEDAL!!!!!

And......
We won a second medal in cycling........ and it is GOLD!
We won OUR SECOND-EVER GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE OLYMPICS and EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA!!!!!!!

Our anthem was listened for the second time in a venue! (Short version from 1.15 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrqThLYHS4A))

This is thanks to the excellent race performed by Ernesto Almeida, Ambrosio Jeskaltadú and Manoel Rosero. They made a time of 43.332, defeating Lorqvist/Reyes/Zelic from Krytenia.

We have now achieved medals in the sports we wanted to achieve medals..... Gymnastics, Cycling, Swimming and Weightlifting!
Congratulations! (And athletics, but there's no events of Athletics so far)

Remember about the king? Now it has been three days dancing!!!!!
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Olimpikiren Tantxa - Wed 24 Aug - 9th Show

Postby Euskirribakondara » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Olimpikiren Tantxa
Broadcast from EUSK1, the main TV channel of Euskirribakondara
Armán VONOK and Ulía NESTEGARRIDIA welcome to the ninth broadcast of the program that shows what's going on with the Euskirribakondarian Olympic Team. It is broadcasted in english, so it can appeal to a broader audience. The camera pans in and shows the two presenters, in a renewed set.

ARMÁN = Do you think this is a renewed set?
ULÍA = Well.... It isn't!!!!!!!! It is a new set!
ARMÁN = As they don't want us to party.... well, they changed the studio.
ULÍA = As you can see, here we have a smaller set.
ARMÁN = (So we cannot party... :( )
ULÍA = Well, well, well.... Day 8 was quite interesting. We have a gold, and a bronze....... the beloved combination of Euskirribakondarians!
ARMÁN = Our anthem was played, and it really sounded well.
ULÍA = And both medals are thanks to Cycling!
ARMÁN = As many of you know (and many of you, don't know), cars are banned in Euskirribakondara.
ULÍA = So, everyone is a cyclist..... and our olympian cyclists are the BEST in the world.
ARMÁN = That's why we got medals in one event that we love... on Team Sprint
ULÍA = Nalús Horgokarripaldea, Katlyn Jones and Vania Narinhauregi got the bronze on the women's event.
ARMÁN = And Ernesto Almeida, Ambrosio Jeskaltadú and Manoel Rosero won the gold!!!
ULÍA = On the men's event, the silver went to Krytenia for some fractions of second.
ARMÁN = A great race:

ULÍA = Both are EXCELLENT medals.
ARMÁN = So.... ladies and gentleman, that's mostly what we had to talk about today.
ULÍA = Our show is being re-formatted, so, today will be a short edition.
ARMÁN = We'll be back for the last three days of the olympics, from September 7 to 9.
ULÍA = There will be a summary of all the medals won from the 25 August, to September 7.
ARMÁN = ALL the medals.... let's hope they are a lot ;)
ULÍA = On that same day, September 8 we'll show you interviews, and make the show.
ARMÁN =On September 9 we'll show interviews, the show, and our commentaries and broadcast of the closing ceremony.
ULÍA = Thanks for joining us!
ARMÁN = Uh..... and there are some news.
ULÍA = Our seal was changed! The transition to the new Kingdom of Euskirribakondara has started. The new anthem will be actually heard on 17 September.
ARMÁN = And it is confirmed. The king broke his record of four days dancing...... so he won a LOT of cash! :bow:
ULÍA = And he will assist to the closing ceremony.
ARMÁN = Now, we can say goodbye.
ULÍA = Bye!

(Image fades away and the normal programming of EUSK1 begins)
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Qazox at the 6th Summer Games

Lafst, Cafundeu--

Day Eight:

Men's basketball

Holstejn 31 38  69
Qazox 37 40 77

Qazox finally won a game, taking a 13-4 lead early and holding off a Holsejn comeback to improve to 1-2.

Men's Football
Iglesian Archipelago 4–0 Qazox

The Qazox men just can't get a break, as just 6 minutes into the game, Tyson Kenny, the starting keeper was taken out with an undisclosed leg injury; leaving Qazox a man short all game long.

Men's Gymnatsics (Vault final)
Nathan Tanner: 15.625 Silver medalist. Qazox' first ever medal in Gymnastics as Nathan Tanner nailed his vaults, but was beaten by a solid perfomance from Finn Hewett, who took the gold.

Women's Handball:
Qazox 22–30 The Kytler Peninsulae

Qazox fell to 0-3 in Women's handball, but given that this is one of Qazox' weaker events, it is suprising to no one that they have yet to win a game.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Akbarabad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Akbarabad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 pm

At last a male Akbarabadi athlete wins a gold medal .

(Akbarabad Press, AP): The glut of poor performances by male athletes was finally broken by fencer Ihshan Iqbal on day 8, as he won gold in the Men's individual foil . Ihshan become the second Akbarabadi after Afia Arafat earlier to successfully defend a gold medal won in Outineau. His performance was the first time that any of our fencers displayed the form we had shown in Outineau when we were the leading fencing nation. Even defeated silver medalist Bernd Gottfried Ulrich from Vulshain was full of praise for Ihashan and acknowledged his status as the number one male fencer at the Games.

Only two other medals were won on the day, but they at least helped Akbarabad rise to third on the medal table. Shaukat Osman won a bronze in the Men's artistic vault, while judoka followed her sister Sabiha by winning a silver in the Women's 63kg. Gymnastics remains the most successful event at the games for Akbarabad, providing two gold and two bronze medals respectively. Nevertheless, athletes in the other events are also beginning to gather some momentum.

After a slow start, we are now ready to really challenge for top spot in the table. A number of other countries near the top of the table have heavily concentrated their resources on specific events most of which have already occurred and it doesn't look like that they will have much staying power. That is not true for a number of countries of course, especially Cafundéu and Kelssek to name just two countries who can be expected to be near or at the top till the end, but many of these countries cannot be expected to sustain their level of performance. This provides us with a golden opportunity to start pulling away from the rest of the pack. Of course, a lot depends on the schedule, as we don't we seem to have a lot events coming up in which we would be favourites. Only Judo and Shooting among the medal rounds tomorrow are really events in which we can expect to win a medal. That means we will still need a lot of luck to move higher up the table at this point.

Additionally although not a medal round, there also some Canoeing heats to look forward to. Siblings Ziad and Zahida Akbar will be looking forward to representing Akbarabad well at this sport, for which they are the country's only two competitors. At Outineau Ziad won two silvers and one bronze from four events he competed in and he will be looking to do even better this time. Zahida will be competing at the Games for the first but she is already among the hot favourites for her events. Lets hope that they both get through their heats successfully.
Last edited by Akbarabad on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stachland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stachland » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 am

FISH OUT OF WATER
A New National Magazine for Athletics Special Feature by George Xavier

Today’s Fish: Hope Lewandowsky and Sharon Weaver
Sports: Swimming and Artistic Gymnastics

A jaunty fanfare signals the transition from NMA-TV’s flagship program, Athletes’ Corner, to the newest addition to the National Magazine for Athletics’ lineup, Fish Out of Water. George Xavier, a pale, rail-thin man wearing an official Stachlandic National Olympic Committee jacket, stands between two women, one a tall blonde and the other a shorter redhead, both nearly as lithe as George.

XAVIER: This certainly changed formats quickly, didn’t it? It took maybe an hour after the article was released yesterday to realize that writing about Olympic athletes embarrassing themselves out of their elements is not nearly as exciting as watching them do the same.

The two women exchange glances.

XAVIER: Today, I have with me Hope Lewandowsky, one of Stachland’s greatest athletes, and Sharon Weaver, our first gold medalist of these Olympic Games! Thank you both for joining me.

LEWANDOWSKY: Of course.

WEAVER: Happy to be here.

XAVIER: Sharon, you already won the bronze medal in the women’s all-around, and now you won Stachland’s first gold medal in these Olympics. You’re feeling pretty good right now, I would bet?

WEAVER: Oh, certainly. It’s been a great ride, coming in here having never traveled outside of Stachland and going home with two medals. It’s been fantastic.

XAVIER: And Hope, you’ve also won two medals in these Olympics, a silver and a bronze. How do you think you’ll do in your remaining races?

LEWANDOWSKY: Well, I can’t really say. I’ll do the best I can, of course, but sometimes that gets me a silver, and sometimes I don’t qualify out of the heats.

George smiles and nods.

XAVIER: Well, I think it’s time now for what makes Fish Out of Water unique—we take the two of you out of your element for a sporting challenge. Today, how does a rousing round of golf sound?

LEWANDOWSKY: I’ve never golfed before in my life, but I’m ready.

WEAVER: Me, too.

XAVIER: Great. We’ve got eighteen holes to play, so let’s get to it.

Motioning offscreen, George leads the two women away. The camera follows them briefly as they pick up their waiting clubs and walk off towards a distant golf cart.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic: -9.12 | Social: -8.41

ROLEPLAY STATISTICS
Population: 86 million | Modern Technology
One Gold, five Silver, and four Bronze medals at the First Water World Championships.
Group runners-up and Round of 8 at Cup of Harmony 47.
Currently hosting the World Air Hockey Championships.

BronyTale

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:41 am

PEOPLE'S WORLD NEWS DAILY

EXCLUSIVE FROM LASFT!
Olympic official declares:
EXECUTE ATHLETE FAILURES

The People's World News Daily can confirm that a senior Olympic official has blasted comments by Olympic chef-de-mission that the athletes representing Kelssek are benefiting from less intense pressure being put upon them compared to other countries who might have a point to prove.

Instead, he stated off the record that with our culture of accepting whatever comes and being proud that they have even made it to the world stage, there is simply nowhere near enough motivation to succeed.

Also, the Kelssek Olympic Committee ought to organise a mass execution of all Olympic athletes who fail to perform to expectations, in order to reduce strains on budget.

"Just line them up against a wall and shoot them, that will keep them on their toes. We only won a bronze medal today and that is fucking terrible! We should start with the entire judo federation." stated the unnamed official following no more than eleven standard drinks at the Kelssek House, the temporary Kelssekian cultural space in Lasft that mainly serves copious amounts of cheap, Kelssekian booze to a variety of fans, athletes, and other Olympic visitors. It is also meant to introduce foreigners to the wonderful variety of beers and spirits made in this great country.

"We've all had enough of sixth place, tenth place, it needs to stop. We have to act. Medals, or nothing. Even a bronze or a silver should at least earn you a severe beating for letting the country down. Good enough is not good enough."

He added: "I don't understand. We're all training so hard. It's the Olympics. There must be bias, cheating, doping, and genetic engineering if we aren't winning. We deserve to win everything. Without us there is not any Olympics. It's a plot to discredit us. Sabotage, maybe."

Immigrants, official bilingualism, and Beaulac seperatism could also be to blame.

"Je ne parle pas français, you know! Je haïs ton putain de chien. They should just stop making me learn French. Always with the communism."

Nevertheless, it is clear that severe consequences should follow if Kelssek does not destroy every other country, in an athletic sporting competition sense, and that we will be less of a nation if anyone is better than us at anything, ever.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 am

A bar inside Shofercia:

"Go Rob! Rob! Rob! Rob!"
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Drinkers and Drinkettes, Rob Hoodin has just qualified for Archery!'
"DRINK! Yeehaa! Yaahooo! Uraaaaaa!"
"DRINK!"
"And now, our next event, Basketball!"

"Pass, damn it, pass!"
"Idiot lost it. What a ball hog!"
"Nice steal, come on, come on! You can do it!"
"All night long!"
"With a Basketball?"
"One minute remaining, come on! YES!"
"NAIL IT! DUNK IT!"
"WOOO! 58-56!"
"Oh boy, here we go, 10,000 timeouts!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Drinkers and Drinkettes, our Basketball Team just won, 60-56!"
"DRINK! Yeehaa! Yaahooo! Uraaaaaa!"
"DRINK!"

"Our Next Event, Canoeing!"

"Row, row, row your canoe, merrily down the water!"
"ROW!"
"ROW!"
"We can do it!"
"All night long!"
"With a canoe?"
"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!!!!!!!!!!!"
"ZOLOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"URA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POBEDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Please rise for the Shofercian National Anthem!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrFKDXuQYh0

Shofercian Olympic Planning Committee - Lafst, Cafundue:

"Phew! The Gold is ours. Third Gold. If we didn't win it, we'd be toast."
"Yeah, let's watch the women's canoeing race."

"Bronze! Nice, our girls finally got a medal!"
"Yeah, that's good news, maybe the men will stop showing off. The girls pwned them at the Winter Olympics!"
"True. Girls shouldn't have been so humble!"

"Damn it. We just missed a medal in cycling. Who's in charge of cycling?"
"Me" said a person whose face resembled a bit of agony.
"What's going on?"
"We're trying, the competition's tough."
"You do understand there will be a review process, Shofercia takes her sports very seriously."
"Yes, and it sucks being on the damn committee. We sit here, not being able to influence anything. I don't care if it's my last Olympics, I'm going to see Lafst, not much we can do anyways!"
"Kid's got a plan, let's go!"
"Some of us will stay and watch, and join you tonight. We've been in this damn room for too long!"

Olímpico Rural, Lafst, Cafundeu:

Artem was thrilled to finally get tickets for a Field Hockey match. His girlfriend, Lucy, lived and breathed field hockey, and he wasn't far behind. He couldn't believe it. They were on kiss cam. Well there's only one thing to do when you're on kiss cam, and besides, they've done it plenty of times. Making out with the girl of your dreams, while your hockey team's winning - that's better than making out in the middle of riot! Tonight's party was going to be legendary, Artem knew it. And then it happened. Team Shofercia scored! 2-1, and time was running out. Artem was living and breathing and kissing the dream. His voice was hoarse from cheering, but so was everyone else's. Tonight, Vodka and Lucy would reignite his voice, hopefully :P

"Come on," Lucy told Artem, pulling his arm. "Let's go watch our girls kick ass!"

Watching the Eagles win twice in a day, in hockey, while cheering, drinking and making out - "damn" Artem thought "why do days like today have to end? I live for these days!"

Back in Shofercia:

"Hey there fellow listeners, and welcome to Sports for the People, one of the few Commie organizations in Shofercia. We're not real Communists, we just make fun of them! With that said, I like to congratulate our Women's Handball Team, on their victory over Astrogoth! Keep fighting girls, you're not Men's Football, it ain't over yet! And a heartfelt congratulations to Indigo Jonesy, who won the Bronze Medal in Men's 81 kg Judo. Maybe his real name is Inigo Montoya, because his opponents, well most of them, prepared to die :P"

"Yes, we get to stick our tongues out during broadcasts. Gotta make them fun, otherwise it'd be like Brezhnev's Speeches. A heartfelt congratulation to the Eagles that qualified for rowing. Row, row, row your boats to victory!"

SSF Base in Shofercia:

"We are losing the shooting events, not a single medal, that is pathetic!"
"Well the pistol rapid fire is coming up. If we don't take a medal here..."
"We qualified. Let's hope for medal, at least the Silver Medal to make up for the torture we had to endure!"
"I can't believe they're feeling more under pressure at the Olympics, then when they're fighting bad guys!"
"YEAH! SILVER MEDAL BABY!"
"Damn, I should've said at least the Gold Medal!"
"Well Silver ain't bad."
"Hopefully we'll do even better!"
"Oh, and he qualified for the other event, I guess he really was Metkiy today!"
"Good job Andreika!"

Back in Lafst, Cafundeu:

"This is Lara, the Roving Reporter, reporting live from Cafundeu. In a few minutes, the race will begin, with our Phelpsina Christie poised to take a medal. But first, a quick summary - what a great day today has been! First we earned a Gold Medal in Canoeing! Then our women got their first Bronze Medal in Canoeing. Then Team Shofercia earned a Bronze Medal in Men's Judo. And Andrei Metkiy too Silver Medal in 25 meter rapid-fire pistol. And now let's take a look at Phelpsina's race... she's got a bronze! Today the Eagles earned a Gold Medal, a Silver Medal, and three Bronze Medals! Go Shofercia! And congratulation to our Indoor Volleyball Team on their recent victory!"
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Carpathia and Ruthenia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Carpathia and Ruthenia » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 am

Reported by Teo Pontecorvo

LASFT, CAFUNDÉU – It seems I may have been a bit premature in my last article, it seems that some swimming pride has been restored. Prudenzio De Angelis making history as the first ever Carpathian athlete to win multiple medals in an Olympic Games getting a silver medal in the 200m Backstroke, the sheer number of swimming finals he has gotten in to was as astounding but to come out with a gold and a silver medal is sure to establish him as a legend in Carpathian swimming for some time. The women also managed to rescue some pride, and although Olympic record holder Sára Voltolini failed to make the 200m Breaststroke her last leg in the 4x200m Freestyle secured our second gold medal of these games. Speaking of gold coach Rafaello Kató will surely be looking for a gold from the Men's Coxed Eights, although finishing in second in the heats meant a repechage they won that comfortably and are said to be in good spirts. Also in action tommorow will be our sole remaining archer Nevio Szarvas in the men's competition, our women will surely continue thier domination in the Basketball, the semi-finals of the rest of the rowing and of course some more swimming where Prudenzio De Angelis will be going for two more medals, can he do it? Well I wouldn't want to bet against him now.
Last edited by Carpathia and Ruthenia on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as The Islands of Qutar

New Montreal States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby New Montreal States » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:30 am

"...this is NCSE, Sports-Talk Radio for Valdemont and everything that goes with it, coming to you from Lasft, host city of the VI Summer Olympiad! Your hosts, Michel Beaubois and Jean-Patrice Valrémy!"

"And we're back, not like it matters."

"Aw, Michel, why so emo?"

"Look at these results, Absolutely nothing is going our way today. Nobody is winning any medals. Nobody is even coming especially close. Cory Dingle still represents this nation in sailboarding for God knows what reason. Why did we even get out of bed this morning?"

"Somebody's getting a little spoiled."

"Okay, maybe. But..."

"No buts. I'm right!"

"...okay. Anyway, want to hear something cheerful?"

"Sure. Or should I say quite?"

"Ha ha! No, I'm going to replay our interview with woman's individual archery gold medalist Louisa Ann Cornwall."

"From yesterday?"

"Why not? Yesterday was a pretty happy time, in retrospect."

"Quite."

"You can stop that now. On to the interview!"

"...this is NCSE, Sports-Talk Radio for Valdemont and everything that goes with it, coming to you from Lasft, host city of the VI Summer Olympiad! Your hosts, Michel Beaubois and Jean-Patrice Valrémy!"

"And we're back!"

"Can't you say something different for once?"

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. What do we have next?"

"An interview with Louisa May Cornwall, fresh off her gold-medal win in Individual Women's Archery!"

"No further introduction needed then! Mesdames et Messieurs, from Laval-Sud-Est, Louisa Ann Cornwall!"

"It's a pleasure to be here, gentlemen."

"So you have a team gold medal, and an individual gold medal, the first ever NMS athlete to take two golds in an Olympic games. You can split an apple in two from half a kilometre away. How terrifying is it to go on a first date with you?"

"For a while, it was a problem. I was getting plenty of dates, but within 20 minutes or so they all admitted to having gone out with me only because they were afraid I'd mow them down like wild Alsatian hamsters under a lawnmower."

"That's disappointing."

"No worries! I eventually met my husband Leonard, who is quite the bowman himself, and now we live a quiet life together in our cave."

"Glad to hear that everything worked out - wait, what?"

"We live together in a cave 60 miles upriver from Philemon. We trade furs with the local department store to buy what we need from civilization. For the rest, we live off of our wits and our bows."

"Huh."

"To avoid paying taxes with money with don't have, we brought all the necessities of life with us to Lasft."

"Really?"

"We've been living in a deerhide tent, subsiding off of some berries and 80 lbs of bear jerky we sent via express package from NMS to Cafundéu."

"Bear?"

"We shot one at sunrise while in the nude, like the noble Bigtopians who inhabited the land before the Quebecker kicked him off."

"..."

"They believed their god Quinnequook inhabited the smoked bear meat and imparted his might to anyone who ate it. Thanks to modern science, we now know that bear meat stimulates the adrenal glands."

"If memory serves, Michel, this interview only got even weirder from here."

"You're quite right, Jean-Patrice. So to all our athletes: give us something to talk about by winning a medal tomorrow, or I'll play the second half of that interview. Both of us would prefer that you won that medal. We'll be right back after the break!"
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50 with Vilita

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 am

Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Carasatoga
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carasatoga » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 am

This is the national anthem for Carasatoga. The entire clip is the real anthem, but the official shortened version is until 0:38. It has no words except at the end one is expected to close their eyes, ball their right fist and then place it over their heart, whispering, "From your blood, we live free." The entire song is meant to be a woman mourning after her lover is killed fighting in the Civil War in which Carasatoga was freed from the rule of the Naragans, and then how the country unites to gain their independence on the back of the blood spilled by the tens of thousands of men who died. The unofficial death count stands as of 2020 at 45,926, and for a country of only 33 million, that is a lot, not including civilian deaths. It has repeatedly been called one of the saddest anthems in the world. As it is meant to be.
So here it is: Omjesticos le fe Domining
Last edited by Carasatoga on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Carasatoga Authority Republic
Demonym: Carasatogan || Population: 32,526,307 || Trigramme: CRG || Located: Rushmore

Champions: U-18 IBC 1, Women's Soccer World Cup I
Runners-Up: Volleyball World Expo I, II & VI, West Guiana Softball Invite II
3rd Place: World Softball Classic, Saugeais Baseball Tournament, Volleyball World Expo III & IV, Beaver Cup, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos
Hosted: IBC IX, Volleyball World Expo I, II, III & VI, World Indoor Soccer Championship 1, U-18 IBC 1, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos

Rankings:
Football: NR Basketball: 26 Baseball: 50 Beach Soccer: 54 Ice Hockey: NR
Indoor Soccer: 10 Lacrosse: 46 Soccer: NR Softball: 3 Volleyball: 3

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

When you invest in top-flight facilities, it pays.

Until this Olympic Games, the Babbage presence in most water sports has been modest, and in rowing non-existent. But that was before the City of Kopavogur put together an ambitious plan for a National Rowing Centre in the harbour.

Now we have a full slate of rowers in Lasft, from single sculls to coxed eights. Several are regarded quite highly, in fact four entries have already qualified from their event semifinals to the finals. Sun Mujuan survived a scare in an early race to place third in her single sculls semifinal, and the double sculls partnership of Jordan Black and Carter Davidson placed second in their semifinal to go through.

And two of the proudest and most nervous parents in Lasft must be Ronald and Mitzi Eyring. Soon they will have three children rowing for gold, two boys in the men's lightweight fours and one girl in the women's lightweight fours. Both crews won semifinal matchups and are considered favourites to reach the medal stand.

In speaking with Davidson, Sun, and the Eyrings it became apparent just how much difference a locally-built, world-class venue has made. Not only has the National Rowing Centre given the sport a boost and influenced many new athletes to try it, but the city of Kopavogur has benefitted from tourist activity and increased exposure to the world business community.

Not every project succeeds. It takes planning, research, marketing and a spot of luck. But it is all worth the effort.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am

Rapport d'Olympique Rushmori

Rapport d'Olympique Rushmori est un site à jour quotidienne que Civil Citizenry et le reste de Rushmore des Jeux olympiques de Lasft - en français. Le site web est créé et géré par trois Citiz qui sont nativement Cotdelapomais et dont la langue principale est le français. Toutefois, les articles qui sont écrits par des non-français haut-parleurs (qui constituent la majorité des articles) sont disponibles en anglais.

Melostege vomit après tour, assisté par un médecin; "va bien", dit-il

LASFT, Cafundéu -- Padawrer Melostege, one of two Citiz athletes participating in the men's individual demonstration golf event at the Lasft Olympics, was found vomiting after completing his second round. On-site health specialists provided by Coluna Social teamed with a Citiz trainer to attend to Melostege, who said he had begun feeling sick at around the sixteenth hole, which he double-bogeyed. Melostege shot a 79 to slot him into a tie for nineteenth with fellow Citiz Vogamicaz Omaman.

Doctors are unsure of exactly what triggered Melostege's vomiting. One theory is that he merely picked up a stomach bug virus while in Lasft - a more-than-viable option, given how many fans are in the city and the sorts of viruses they could be bringing from dozens of faraway lands. Another is that the hamburger he ate last night was undercooked, and his stomach had trouble digesting it. Melostege was given several digestive stimulants and stomach-soothing medicines, and then laid down to rest at Coluna Social for about ninety minutes.

Despite beginning to feel the symptoms of illness at the 16th hole, Melostege actually did not play badly the rest of the round. His double bogey on that hole hurt his score, but he salvaged scrambling pars on 17 and 18 to close with a 79 - slightly worse than his first-round 78, and enough to put him eight strokes behind the lead with one round to go. It may not be realistic for him or Omaman to make a final-day run for the title, but Melostege said hours after the vomiting incident that he is feeling great and has a feeling that the third round will be his best of the tournament. "My stomach feels a little weak, you know, empty, since I've just spilled its contents into a locker room toilet," he said to a few laughs. "But other than that, I feel fit, I feel rested and energized, and I just really want to get back out there and play the level of golf I know I'm capable of attaining."
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Ferkas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 am

Lightning Strikes Twice!

Second Gold in Olympic Games

Published In: Chancellery Sport Magazine

Following the early gold medal win by Hillary Dax in weightlifting, Ferkian spectators were left waiting to see who would be the next athlete to bring home some glory for the Kingdom. With the athletics events still yet to start the outlook was dim, prospects were few and competition would be fierce. Many would have happily settled for a bronze or silver, anything to get the nation excited before the track and road races would start.

But it wouldn't be Silver or Bronze that excited the nation, nor would it be some obscure event which no one had heard of before. No, instead the next hero of the Kingdom would be Lucas Selpert in the prestigious Men's Time Trial Cycling event. Lucas won gold in the event by a margin of twelve seconds over Keith North-Boykins (NMS).

Cycling has long been a highly regarded sport in the Chancellery Kingdom, second only to athletics and held in much higher regard than events such as swimming or archery which have also seen plenty of competition over the recent days. Because of the regard held for cycling Selpert was able to win his medal in front of a sizable Ferkian crowd which had traveled to Lasft to watch his race, among many others. In addition his victory was seen live on the Ferkian National Sports Network, watched by millions more who were not able to see it in person.
Political Compass: -7.88 Economic, -4.41 Social

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 am

This is a rp cutoff... And that hannah confusion will be corrected too.
Monopolists' Sport Achievements:
World Cup Committee President (WCs 55-57)
Cup of Harmony 27 and 48 Champions; World Cup 44 runner-ups

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions
DBC 16; OFC6; AOCAF27/30 runner-ups; Q-Cup 2 and Women's World Cup 11 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance
Hosted: WWC8; BoF21 (WC34); BoF30 (WC43); BoF37 (WC50); CoH31; CoH36
HOST OF WORLD CUP 36, WORLD CUP 42, WORLD CUP 48, WORLD CUP 52 AND WORLD CUP 57

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm

No medal today - the first time that's been said for the Kytlerians all Games long - but Tizambuzon Ellad is on the brink of one in the omnium. He is second, with 11 points - the scoring in this event being a "penalty points" system, where the winner in each discipline is given one point, the runner-up two, and so on for each position. He is sandwiched between the Delaclavan legend Daniel Cancellara and the Cosumar cyclist Hunter Hamilton, and is a full 29 points clear of the chasing pack in fifth - only Matteo Montanez Valle (24 points) is even close to denying Ellad a medal with two disciplines remaining. Meanwhile, Vince Cooper is 15th after a disastrous points race in which he failed to finish; it would probably take a similar event to deny Ellad a medal now.

Cancellara was clearly focusing on the omnium as he was well off-form in the sprint event, failing even to come close to the top-18 spot required to progress through qualifying. No such issue for Alain Cottee, whose time of 10.131 saw him through in 15th; however, he was comfortably beaten in the second round by Quentin Lots, and was last in the repechage. The biggest cheer in the velodrome all night, though, went to Daniel Holmes for his time of 10.093; he, too, lost in the second round and the repechage.

Finally, Janette Martin made the final of the women's keirin, but was last in that final, in which Kelssek secured a 1-2 led by Sarafine Garoutte. She conceded, however, that reaching the final was "unexpected".

In canoeing, Roberta Castro won her heat of the women's C-1 500m to gain automatic progression to the final; meanwhile, in the K-1 category, Viola Harris disappointed in her 500m heats, finishing second in a time of 1:52.207. She survived the semi-final, however, finishing third in a time exactly 2.1 seconds quicker. Meanwhile, in the K-2 500m heats, Eva Williams and Charlotte Powell also qualified through the semi-final route, winning their semi after finishing fourth in the heats. A medal is possible for Castro or Harris, with the latter expected to be a serious threat in her preferred 200m later on.

Cathy Nadroga had to settle for eighth in the women's springboard diving final, and said she was "disappointed not to be in the shakeup - but with five going over 400 points, it was never going to be my night." As for the swimmers, let's not even go there. Let's instead focus on team sport victories like the 10-1 victory for the softball team against Sibirsky - albeit one rendered pointless by Franklim's defeat of Camwood courtesy of a walk-off two-run hit, and utterly painfully ironic given that the two nations met in baseball and Sibirsky won 5-0 to secure their qualification - and the first field hockey win of the tournament for the men, 2-1 over Darmen.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Bolling: Good Evening Darmen, I'm Mat Bolling here in Cafundeu at the games of the Sixth Olympiad. Alongside me is Brooks McBriar.

McBriar: Hello, and thank you for tuning into DBSC(Darmen Broadcasting Sports Chanel). Tonight we'll take a look at the ninth day of the Sixth Olympiad, which are taking place here, in Lasft, Cafundeu.

Bolling: Now in our hurry to avoid the Cafundeuse Tax Collecters, we forgot to talk about two demonstration events from the eigth day.

McBriar: In Baseball, Darmen defeated The Kytler Peninsulae, 6-2 in 9 innings. Mat, your thoughts.

Bolling: The win was good for Darmeni Baseball as a whole. As many of you know, Darmen has one of the top domestic Baseball League's in the world. But in International play, Darmen just doesn't do to well.

McBriar: Do you think Mat, that the U-16 team's 3rd place finish in the Keisler Cup marks a turning point for Darmeni Baseball?

Bolling: No, Darmen won't be relevant on the international scene for years.

McBriar: And now we turn our attention to the Men's Individual Golf Golf Competition. After a great first round, Duke Lyons the XIXth shot a terrible 86. He now sits in the middle of the standings. Interim Prime Minister Scat Peari shot an 83, and showed that if nothing else, he was consistant.

Bolling: It's too bad that our Great Leader, Duke Lyons the XIXth, couldn't match his first round performance. Three Double Bogies did not help him at all.

McBriar: Now lets talk about the Ninth Day of the Sixth Olympiad. In the Mens Canoeing Competition, in the C-1 1000m Heats to be exact, Zeke Roberts finished ninth in his heat with a time of 4:11.572.

Bolling: He missed out on qualifying for the semi's by only five seconds. If he hadn't gotten turned around at about the 600meter mark he would've been fine, and might of even won.

McBriar: In the K-1 1000m Heats, Leo Buland finished seventh in his Heat with a time of 3:41.156. His performance was good enough to qualify him for the Semifinals. In the Semifinals, Buland finished fifth, with a time of 3:38.937. Even with the improvement in both time and place, his performance was not good enough to qualify him for the Finals.

Bolling: It's too bad he didn't qualify. I think that almost every citizen in the Kingdom would like to see Darmen win more medals, and this was a very good oppritunity to get one.

McBriar: In the Men's Epee, Cardinal Lyons the XXth was defeated by Joshua Liass of Bergnovinaia, 4-15.

Bolling: Lyons was completly outmatched against Liass, and just didn't do good at all.

McBriar: In Men's Handball, Darmen defeated Hakkland 24-21.

Bolling: Until tomorrow, I'm Mat Bolling...

McBriar: And I'm Brooks McBriar...

Both: Saying 'Good Night' from the Games of the Sixth Olympiad in Lasft, Cafundeu.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm

написана для людей, написанный людей
Napisana dlya lyudyeĭ , Napisannyĭ lyudyeĭ.
Written for the People, by the People.

'Spevakova on track for third Medal.'

by Mika Yartolenko

Zuzana Spevakova is proving to be one of the best athletes of our generation as she continues to win and qualify for finals and semi-finals of Olympic events. She qualified for the Final of the Women's 800 metre freestyle event today with a brilliant time of 8:19.05 at Complexo Aquático Peixe-Boi in Lasft, Cafundeu. This qualified her as the second best qualifier in the event, only .93 of a second behind the leader in qualifying, Hope Lewandowsky of STL.. STL turns out to be Stachland, we think. I can't be bothered doing research today, there's no point really - STL is STL, I reckon it is Stachland, if it isn't apologies.

Anyway, Zuzana's training really seems to be paying off, now - as she now has the chance to win possibly her third medal of the Olympics, and possibly even her third gold medal - which would be absolutely amazing and would surely mean she is the bet female swimmer in the world, surely? I don't know, she'd have certainly have won a whole lot of medals - and if I can be bothered to research - possibly more than any other female swimmer. But we'll have to wait and see - she may not win her third medal yet, but if she did - it would be brilliant.

We only have to wait until the 29th, which isn't too far away - really. If Zuzana Spevakova does get another medal - it will prove just how good the Mytanar Swimming Program is. As we have invested a whole lot of money into this and it is starting to pay-off as we've got two gold medals from it thus far, and we have hopes for some more in the coming days - which is brilliant. We're coming close to the MOC's target of five medals in total - which is small, but it is only our first ever Olympics, so five medals - I think - is very realistic. One more medal and we've done it, which will be brilliant and will mean we can invest some more in the various sports at a grass-roots level to improve our chances of medals in future Olympics.
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Vekaiyu Goes Two for Two in Springboard
Reporting for V3 News Services, Rin Slakori

CAFUNDEU - Vekaiyu earned two of three possible medals for the Women's 3m Springboard event early yesterday. Despite finishing in 10th and 12th place for the semifinal event, Yenga Fislavisre and Xa Susinaristre took the gold and bronze in the event, respectively. The two divers improved on their semifinal score by almost one hundred points apiece.

"Sometimes you have off-performances, and sometimes you have performances where everything goes right," Fislavisre commented after her routine. "My last routine was of the latter variety."

These medals come at the heels of Vekaiyu's recent success in diving. The nation has amassed one golds, one silver, and two bronze in the 2011 Summer Olympics. For a nation that earned zero medals during last year's Olympics in Outineau, Kelssek, this is indeed a marked improvement. What's the secret?

"Experience," Susinaristre replied. "Our coaches have gotten smarter. They and our original squad watched what the winning teams were doing, and applied it to our situation. We're a bit different, because we're non-human. There are some disadvantages to that, but we can also use our differences to our advantage too. That's what we've done, and that's why I think next year we'll be even better."

Later on in the day, Kaslo Nuveru took the bronze in the men's horizontal bar event. Like diving, Vekaiyu has achieved great success in a sport they had limited success in last year. Nuveru's score of 15.650 was amidst a slew of close scores by all top four competitors. Nuveru couldn't be reached for comment at the end of his event, but he later said he 'knows what he needs to work on this winter', but is 'very grateful to bring such success to Vekaiyu.'

Unfortunately, Nuveru's success didn't carry over to the men's parallel bars, where he placed eighth out of eight entrants for the contest.

A more closer loss was handed to Iso Mekalir, who was excellent in the mens double-trap event and finished the final round in a three-way tie for second place, forcing a shootoff. Unfortunately, he missed 1/2 targets in the second round of the shootoff, awarding him fourth place. "I knew it was off the moment it left my gun," he said with a smile. "I gotta hand it to my opponents, they were really tough out there."

Later on, Vinsent Ivere set the pace for the Men's 100m butterfly heats, finishing with a strong 50.86 time, well ahead of the second place swimmer from Stachland. Young swimmer Ankya Isassi also qualified for her 800m freestyle event with a solid time of 8:20.67. Both athletes will look to improve upon their times and remain in contention for strong finishes.

Outside of competition, a Vekaiyun Olympic Committee Representative commented on the recent remarks made by a senior olympic Official from regarding the state of the games and their athletes. "While I can understand the frustration, which has been all-around during these games, I find the suggestions brought on by the official to be downright laughable," Olympic Committe Member Yerimeyvo Kislavori released in an official report. "To retain decency and a positive image our region has impressed upon these games, I believe he should be fired... out of a canon. Kidding about the last bit." The last remark was obviously directed at being sarcastic, but the official continued, stating, "there's been a lot of friction brewing between Kelssekian and Vekaiyun athletes this time around, originating with [Gymnast coach Viktor Iskinari] accusing the Kelssekian judge of having a conflict of interest with [Ivalsa Noleste's routine]." Such comments were covered by V3 News Services on August 18th.

The three medals earned today gives Vekaiyu seventeen so far as the games approach the halfway point. Vekaiyu stands at fourth overall, and looks to continue its recent successes.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm

YES! What a day for Kiaser sport. Not quite a medal but god we're getting close now. Cormack O'Neill and Jack Watson are in the semi-finals of the men's badminton doubles after awesome performances in the round of 16 against Károly Fülöp and Loránd Benetton of Carpathia and Ruthenia, and the quater finals against Keller Clark and Jimmy Shot of Shofercia. The round of 16 began shakily for the pair as they went down 12-3 very quickly, but bounced right back into the fight with 7 unanswered points and finished the round with a risky but respectable loss of 17-21. Round 2 was more like what they wanted and the racked up a 13-5 lead. From here on in it was point for point until O'Neill and Watson ran out 21-12 winners. The final round was all to play for. Fülöp and Benetton were putting up a real fight for the round and set up long rallies for each point. The game could have gone on much longer if it were not for the brave skilful efforts of Jack Watson. Fülöp played a wonderfully placed tap just past the net which looked to be a certain point but Watson dived low and hit the shuttle, only inches off the ground, almost straight up in the air and just over the net to scrape the winning point on a score of 22-20, too the joy of every watching Kiaser. The celebrations were brief and it was straight into the dressing room to prepare for the next round. The quarterfinals were just as hard and O'Neill and Watson were faced with the test of Keller Clark and Jimmy Shot. The Shofercia duo had shown an equal amount of strength and determination as O'Neill and Watson through out the tournament. Round 1 did not show too many signs of the challenge ahead in the next round as O'Neill and Watson won 12-21. Round 2 was a completely different story. Keller Clark played some outstanding badminton and wrapped up the 21-15 loss for The Kiaser Colonies boy's. Once again the match went to the final round and was a thrilling encounter. Jimmy Shot and Cormack O'Neill went man on man on countless times and made so many important shots and returns. Eventually a fine serve by O'Neill resulted in an ace and gave them the final game, 18-21, which sends The Kiaser Colonies pair into the semi-final with a large chance of medal success.
To add to the badminton success, Joe stein qualified for the final of the men's K-1 1000m Canoeing final after finishing 5th in the heat and 1st in his semi-final with a time of 3:31.188. For extra good news Cian Thorpe finished in 10th place overall in the men's 50m freestyle heats with a time of 21.92. The other Kiaser in the event, Kyle Jones, finished in 87th recording a time of 25.04, almost three second's behind qualifying. All in all it was a successful day for the team and now they have 2 medals up for grabs in the next days. Can the great performances continue?

Round of 16

Cormack O'Neill/Jack Watson (TKC) 17 21 22
Károly Fülöp/Loránd Benetton (CAR) 21 12 20

Quarterfinals

Keller Clark/Jimmy Shot (SHO) 12 21 18
Cormack O'Neill/Jack Watson (TKC) 21 15 21

Canoeing - Men's K-1 1000m heats
at Centro Recreativo Canoa Furada

-1 Lukas Stokovic (KSK) 3:31.682 QF
----------------------------------------------
2 Jacob Hall (CKF) 3:32.962 QS
3 Leopoldo Jassaro Filho (CAF) 3:34.300 QS
4 Bobby Kirk (KRY) 3:34.306 QS
5 Joe stein (TKC) 3:36.212 QS
6 Ben Boyce (GRE) 3:40.179 QS
7 Leo Buland (DAR) 3:41.156 QS
8 Théophile de Launay (KER) 3:42.665
9 Keled Soriano (CAR) 3:55.331
10 Jon Kaysone (STL) 3:55.400
11 Rwean Uhfe (PER) 4:02.176
12 Winston Wijnia (KKR) 4:17.815

Semifinal
1 Joe stein (TKC) 3:31.188 QF
2 Jerome Warriner (COS) 3:31.888 QF
3 Dino Bandajauregui (EUS) 3:32.780 QF
---------------------------------------------
4 Yamano Egalere (VEK) 3:38.621
5 Leo Buland (DAR) 3:38.937
6 Oliver M. Cote (SIB) 3:39.031
7 Bobby Kirk (KRY) 3:39.426
8 Ryan Davis (AMG) 3:39.621
9 Cibor Król (COM) 3:51.643

Men's 50 Metre Freestyle Heats

- 1 Christian Martinez (CRG) 21.48
2 Danny Ivanov (SHO) 21.54
Roger Schmidt (CAF) 21.54
4 James Marrs (STL) 21.55
5 Joey Petersheim (TAE) 21.58
6 Herleifr Admundsen (CKY) 21.65
7 Nathaniel Olberbeimer (CKF) 21.79
Prudenzio De Angelis (CAR) 21.79
9 Adam LeVick (ALB) 21.80
10 Cian Thorpe (TKC) 21.92
11 Derek Swallows (HNF) 21.93
12 Jon Asberry (COM) 22.03
13 Ruyagol Cupaviv (CVC) 22.09
14 David K. Gibson (SIB) 22.10
15 Ferdinand DeCrimsi (MAN) 22.16
16 Benoît Lesoimier (SCY) 22.17
------------------------------------------
87 Kyle Jones (TKC) 25.04
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:52 pm

"Hello! It's me again, Stan, and I'm here to talk with Abner Pfenck, an affiliate of the slightly...eccentric Nautilus team, who's currently fifth in the omnium cycling event. Hi, Abner."

"Hi."

"Well, congratulations on your good form so far."

"Well thank you."

"Now, there've been people saying that omnium doesn't really belong in the Olympics, that they should've preserved some of the older events. What do you say to them?"

"No way, man, the omnium, it's like, it's like, everything. You know. It's a really epic challenge...and yeah it's really, um, a big deal. And is cool. So it's definitely a good thing."

"Right. So. You started out with the flying lap, and you actually got the fifth-best time there. Talk us through how that went."

"Oh yes. So, I should probably explain, you know, to the people who don't know that much about this event--"

"Oh please do."

"You're not literally flying. I mean physically and everything. You're actually right there on the track. Now, I mean, mentally, you can be wherever you want, getting excited about the race--the races, you know, it's two whole days. But you don't actually fly."

"Right. Do I want to know where you were, mentally, during the race?"

"Lasft."

"Well, that's probably good."

"No, no, I mean like, Lasft! I've been around the city and it's just so intense. All the colors and neighborhoods, you know. So mentally I'm just imagining myself flying past that. Uh. Mentally I'm--"

"Okay, I get it, or at least more of it than I need. Next was the points race."

"Yeah and I actually got tied for fourth-most points."

"Although it helps to stay ahead of the other racers."

"No, no, it's the points race. So that's...the point. The points are."

"Come again?"

"The point of the points race is the points."

"Okay, if I'm understanding this correctly...couldn't it just as easily be the case that the point of the points race was the race?"

"No way. Because there are other races. But only one points race."

"Fair enough. And then the elimination race."

"Yes. And you know that's actually a misnomer because people aren't really eliminated from the overall thing, they just stay in--which is good. Good, I think, that everyone gets a chance to participate still. Because this, this is about so much more than cycling."

"Yes, I've also gathered it's about squabbling cycling organizations."

"Could be."

"Is it true that the elimination race is also known as "devil take the hindmost"?"

"Really? The devil? That's very deep and all."

"I don't know. I'm asking you."

"Where'd you hear that?"

"Er. The wiki."

"Seriously? I didn't know it was there."

"Well, maybe there are wikis beyond wikis..."

"...and worlds beyond worlds. That's so deep, man! Did you ever do omnium?"

"No."

"Because you seem so in touch with, like, everything."

"Well, gosh. Thank you."

A lot of nodding and appreciative smiles in this sort of vein, until Stan realizes that a cut to an advertisement or something would really kill the mood, and rushes in;

"So good luck tomorrow?"

"Oh thanks! Thank you, yeah, I'm really looking forward to really...getting in touch with it all. As it were. I, uh, I kind of considered heading over to Kelssek House for the night, because apparently they're really big on the power of the spirit. But I think I'm just gonna pass."

"That's probably for the best."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Vulshainian Olympic News

Day 9: Hard Day; Vulshain's First Gymnastics Medal

Hello everyone! This is Yermolai Vadimaron for VCNMN's Vulshainian Olympic News reporting live from Lasft, Cafundeu!

Vulshain had a lot of close calls, but was able to snag the bronze medal.

Both Vulshain's Gold Sisters, Rebekka and Alania Reinhilde lost in the Women’s Synchronized 3m Springboard. "It was very tough, and while I would have liked to have won a medal, I want to congratulate the three medalists," Alania said after the event. Meanwhile, Vulshain's fencers dueled long and hard. In the Men's Épée matches, Mikhail Voronenko will be going on to the final rounds, after defeating Robert Villar of Tukisan. Vilhelmas Danielius' back was giving him problems in his match against Harold Harrigan of Bergnovinaia. In a display of excellent sportsmanship, Harold helped Vilhelmas off the field. Vilhelmas wished his opponent good luck in the finals.

Jane Morriston came very close to advancing to the finals in the Women's Sabre event, but lost to Hanafordlandia's Jane Hawley.

Then, Vulshain won its first Gymnastics medal, earning third place in the Men's Parallel Bars. Nicholi Watse Kaspar lost the silver medal to Skyler Cloud of Bergnovinaia. "It seems the team from Bergnovinaia has some skilled gymnasts in its ranks."

In the Women's 70kg Judo match, Coline Konstancja advanced all the way to the end, and lost the bronze to Natalie Dockwoman of Shofercia. Coline promises to return in the 2012 VII Summer Olympics, hoping to win Vulshain's first Olympic Judo medal.

Vilhelmas Danielius' back is still giving him problems as he came in 31st place in the Men's Sailboarding race, while Helena Czesława got 8th place in the Women's Sailboarding. "Sometimes the wind isn't always in your favor," Helena admitted.

But to everyone's shock, Erik Rainard missed qualifying by one second, losing to Benoît Lesoimier of Southern Cynocephali. Erik told us, "I had a lot of things on my mind right now, one of which is that my older sister Anna was found alive and well, but she was going to be assisting Vekaiyu in several research studies for several months. I do hope I get to see her." Captain 2nd Rank Anna Rainard was believed KIA during the Vulshainian Civil War back in 2005, but to her loved ones' joy, she is alive and well.

Meanwhile, none of Vulshain's swimmers qualified in the Men's 100m Butterfly heats. Both swimmers blame stress and a seriously tough competition. In the Women's 200m Backstroke heats, Karen Ricasilkov qualified and will be competing in the semifinals. She is very determined to win Vulshain's next medal.

Sadly, the Women's 800m Freestyle was Canxami Nokastre's last event, and she came in fifteenth place. "I'm disappointed that I didin't qualify, but I hope that next year, I will have improved and not only qualify but also take home the gold medal in 2012." Canxami's friendship with Vekaiyu's Ikrisia Sulevire has greatly improved her confidence.

In both the Men's and Women's Beach Volleyball matches today, Vulshain is doing much better, after all four teams won. Can they hang in there and win Vulshain the gold?

Tomorrow, many are hoping that both Karen Ricasilkov and Mikhail Voronenko will win in the Women's 200m Backstroke and the Men's Épée. Tomorrow, we will also see Hanako Melitta and Elene Vardo try to qualify in the Women's 10m Platform, while Adelbert Helfried and Neil Onmurarith try to do the same in the Men's 10m Platform.

This has been Yermolai Vadimaron for VCNMN coming live from Lasft, Cafundeu. Congratulations to our athletes' hard work and dedication exhibited today, and good luck to everyone competing tomorrow!

OOC: For those who are wondering why I posted two Day 9 coverages, I accidentally edited my Day 8 coverage by mistake. Doh!
Last edited by Vulshain on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Argh mateys um well it was a good...ok not good day maybe an average day? No perhaps it was a solid not bad but not good but not really bad but better than bad good day. Anyways no medals so....Um it was fine perhaps?
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports