NATION

PASSWORD

Maritime Imperial [Naval and Civilian Shipwrights'] [Closed]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Fri May 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Greco-Roman Hellenic Empire wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish five (5) shipyards within your represented state of the Greco-Roman Hellenic Empire. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will be developed as requested - three as full production facilities and the other two as maintenance and repair facilities for your nation and region. Naturally we expect demand to increase further with time as our reputation builds in your nation, and over the next 5 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards.

We at Maritime Imperial and Tethys Mara are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested one (1) Gracchus-class ELINT ship and ten (10) Agrippa-class harbour tugs shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect completion of your order within the next fourteen (14) months. The net price of your order is 141,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu May 19, 2016 10:26 am

Iberian Kingdom wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, particularly appreciating the tremendous value of your order, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested
  • thirty-five (35) Thebes-class whalers,
  • two hundred and fifty (2) Agrippa-class harbour tugs,
  • fifty (50) Panthus-class deep-sea tugs and
  • one hundred (100) Sejanus-class container ships
shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect full delivery of your order to be completed within the next seventy-two (72) months The net price of your order is 9,100,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am

Jolthig wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish five (5) shipyards within your represented state of Jolthig. Indeed, considering historic and present levels of demand for Maritime Imperial's products within Jolthig, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will all be developed as fully-fledged production facilities for your region. Naturally we hope demand will increase further with time as our reputation continues to build in your nation, and over the next 5 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards, should this be considered acceptable and prudent by your own relevant agencies and ministries.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Woodstead
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstead » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:23 pm

ImageImage
PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACTS OFFICE

Dear Mr. Mulcahy,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mr. Sylvester Pope. The Federal Office of Justice and Security (FOJaS) have authorised me, as the Senior Procurement and Contracts Official for FOJaS, to your fine vessels for the Ministry of Maritime Security (MfMS). MfMS is a ministry under FOJaS. We intend to use the order to replenish and strengthen the fleet for the Ministry of Maritime Security. This order is further approved by the Department of Revenue and Customs, the Ministry of Emergency Services, and the Federal Ports Agency for such purposes.

Maritime Imperial's excellent contribution does not go unnoticed to the Federal Government of the Woodsteasian Federation. Organisations and companies across the nation often voice their compliments over Maritime Imperial designs. Given the fact that Maritime Imperial is clearly a successful and trustworthy business, we would be most thrilled if this order would be accepted.

Firstly, we would like to request three (3) Panthus tugboats. These will be part of the new plan for the Ministry of Maritime Security to assist in emergency rescue or wreckage recovery, and will also be accessible to the Federal Office of Transit, Works and Sanitation and the Federal Office of Research and Education for special projects. In addition, we would like to totally overhaul our aging lifeboat fleet. The Ministry of Maritime Security also requires twenty (20) units of your Almator lifeboats as part of its search and rescue fleet.

Given that Maritime Imperial already provides boats to other companies and organisations in Woodstead, as well as running a shipyard, we would also like to extend an invitation for Maritime Imperial to establish two repair facilities. The two sites we propose are currently vacant. We will foot the cost of preparing these long-unused sites in to safe, functional spaces. This also means that any Maritime Imperial fleet facing maintenance problems in our waters may be cleared by the Ministry to use on of our repair facilities with security checks in place. The Ministry would propose that running the repair facilities will be a joint operation. One site we propose is in the Port of Oppidum on the west coast of the main island (Provincial Island); the second site we propose is at Stagland Port on the east coast of the Isle of the Ey (an island just east of Provincial Island). As part of the Essential Public Service Portfolio regulations, Maritime Imperial will not be charged the usual rates of taxes, and Maritime Imperial shipyard/repair workers in Woodstead will be entitled to a special state pension plan.

The final price for our purchase is 49million NSD which shall be wired to Príomhbanc Maltróipea upon confirmation by myself. We hope that approval of our request can positively impact the visibility of Maritime Imperial, and that you can assist the Federal Government of Woodstead to maintain an excellent standard in our Ministry of Maritime Security.

Regards,
Sylvester Pope
Senior Procurement and Contracts Official
Federal Office of Justice and Security
Woodsteasian Federation

Last edited by Woodstead on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use this account anymore. Need to TG me? Just hit up Nyasott or Cez-Zaeri.

Droigs
Secretary

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Droigs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Nation name: United Kingdom of Droigs
Number of shipyards: 3 for now.

Droigs is interested in setting up shipyards, however considering that other shipyards of your company tend to get set up slowly, Droigs is only considering 3 for now until production starts picking up.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 am

Droigs wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish three (3) shipyards within your represented state of Droigs. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will all be developed - two as fully-fledged production facilities for your region, and the other as a repair and maintenance site due to present low demand within your area. You are correct to note that we tend to be cautious in how quickly we introduce ourselves to a new market, as past experience has shown that overambitious projects rarely reap the rewards that would repay themselves. Naturally we hope demand will increase further with time as our reputation continues to build in your nation and its surrounding region, and over the next 5 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards, should this be considered acceptable and prudent by your own relevant agencies and ministries.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:03 am

Woodstead wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish a further two (2) shipyards within your represented state of Woodstead. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will be developed as requested, as maintenance and repair facilities for your region of Astyria, a region with which Maritime Imperial and Maltropia as a whole holds strong ties and which we hold in high regard.

Addressing your order, I am delighted to see that you continue to choose our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested three (3) Panthus-class deep sea tugs and twenty (20) Almator-class lifeboats shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, where stock does not already exist, and you may expect completion and delivery of your order within the next twelve (12) months. The net price of your order is, in fact, as discounts have been applied for the shipyards you presently host and for your continued custom, 43,610,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Omii
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omii » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:10 pm

T. Maritime Imperial,
F. Omii Finance Offices and Bureau, Signed by the Official Omian International Document Association, The Incorporated States of Omii

The Oligarchy of Omii would like to acknowledge the courtesies of the Imperial Shipwrights' and their staff, and would like to thank the Maritime Imperial co. for its services. The Oligarchy of Omii would gratefully accept the order of three (3) Panthus-class ships, as well as fifteen (15) Argalium-class ships. Please note that the Oligarchy of Omii does not represent the country of Omii as a whole, and instead is a state of Omii itself.

Funds to be processed:
K:832,384,747.00 = 1,170,000,000.00 NSD,
K:19,208,878.80 = 27,000,000.00 NSD
K:851,593,625.00 == A total of 1,197,000,000.00 NSD.

Additionally, we will establish the following:
Nation name: The Incorporated States of Omii
Number of shipyards: 10

Please notify us immediately if any mistakes have been made. Thank you.
Last edited by Omii on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 am

To Maritime Imperial,

The New Hayesalian Navy is at the present time reliant on contractor and allied icebreaker capacities when New Hayesalian Navy ships operate
in arctic or icy conditions. This is a potential matter for concern for our oceangoing capacities and as such the New Hayesalian Ministry of Defence
is requesting the purchase of 80 Argalium-class nuclear icebreakers, to be jointly used by various research groups in association with the
New Hayesalian Navy.

As part of Government policy, these vessels are required to be constructed in the territory of the Greater Island Kingdom of New Hayesalia. Our
government will proactively work with Maritime Imperial to associate your firm with shipbuilders within New Hayesalia, and appropriate excess
costs will be considered as part of our contract with Maritime Imperial. Alternatively, a Domestic Production Right is a preferred option for the
New Hayesalian Ministry of Defence.

We expect that a cost at approximately $6.24bn NSD will be applied to this purchase.

We hope for constructive and positive cooperation with Maritime Imperial in this matter.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:58 am

[Retrospective edit: While updating my shipyards list I noticed I missed your request. Consider it accepted as follows: 6 full facilities, 4 maintenance/repair. Thanks and apologies!]

Omii wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested
  • three (3) Panthus-class deep-sea tugs and
  • fifteen (15) Argalium-class nuclear icebreakers
shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect full delivery of your order to be completed within the next eighteen (18) months The net price of your order is 1,197,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Last edited by Maltropia on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:08 am

New Hayesalia wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. The Argalium-class is, quite rightly, one of our most popular products, and a necessity for any modern navy which operates in icy seas - as indeed the Maltropian Royal Navy will aver.

It is my duty to inform you that Maritime Imperial does not, customarily, sell domestic production rights to its designs and has never done so to date. That said, we are more than amicable to your proposal whereby Maritime Imperial involves itself in the production process within New Hayesalia. We would greatly prefer that our engineers be permitted to oversee and indeed participate in all stages of construction in order to ensure that the order is completed to the high quality expected of our brand.

We also would estimate the price of your order to be 6,240,000,000 NSD, which sum will have to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228] at such a time as we come to an agreement. Thank you for your interest.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Kyashi
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Kyashi » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:22 am

Communication from the Worker's Republic of Kyashi

Greetings from the Glorious Worker's Republic,

The National Worker's Navy is seeking a new class of ELINT vessel to utilize within our fleet. We have reviewed your Gracchus-class ELINT ship and simulated a test of the vessel. As a result of our test, we have determined that this would be the best choice for our fleet. Kyashi would therefore like to purchase 4x Gracchus-class ELINT ships for a total of 540,000,000 NSD. These will promptly be brought into service upon reception of said vessels. We appreciate your consideration of this request.

Thank You,
Nindo Sarubi
Office of Logistics Acqusitions

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:21 am

Kyashi wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Tethys Mara at Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. You may expect delivery of your requested four (4) Gracchus-class ELINT ships within the next eighteen (18) months. The net price of your order is 540,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
J. Oliver Plunkett Ó Conghaile
Chief Operating Officer

Nanban-Ha
Envoy

Founded: Aug 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nanban-Ha » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Official Announcement
of the Shiramata International Holdings LLC.

To the attention of Maritime Imperial Board

Dear Sirs,

Shiramata International Holdings LCC., for itself and on behalf of its affiliated funds and its and their nominee entities (collectively, “SIH”), is pleased to submit this preliminary non-binding proposal to acquire 10% shares of common stock of you company assets. We believe that the product quality and the success they encounter on the market should ensured a rapid development of your company, development that Shiramata Holdings wishes to participate and support. For this reason, our company is interested in investing in your business, to broaden the financial capacity and accelerated the development process.

We will offer NS$ 25,000,000 in capital injection to the overall operations to expand your international business operations, in exchange for 10% ownership of your company. We believe that our proposal of acquisition of the Company’s Shares will provide a very attractive opportunity to the Company’s shareholders as well as new opportunities for extension of your company's activities.

In exchange, Shiramata Holding hope to offer guarantees which we are willing to modifiy according to your remarks and proposals. At your request, our board member will not infringe on your decision making in the board of directors and will not exercise his vote and instead transfer this voting power to the leadership of your CEO/President. We will also not engage in any attempt to increase our ownership in the company. Regarding this aspect, we want to ensure that your company is not interested in an acquisition of all of your assets.

The terms and conditions upon which we are prepared to pursue the Acquisition are all negociable. We are confident in our ability to consummate an Acquisition as outlined in this letter.

We look forward to learning about the outcome of our request and wishes you all continued success as you lead your beloved nation.

Very respectful,
Morimoto Tetsu, First-Chief Investment Officer, Shiramata International Holdings Inc.
Last edited by Nanban-Ha on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Nanban-Ha wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your offer. I regret to inform you that it is an offer in which we hold not even the remotest interest. Indeed, your offer to inject the paltry sum of 25 million NSD into our firm, a firm which reels in revenues more than twenty thousand times greater than that sum annually, is nothing short of offensive. When you tell us that you are "pleased" to make this offer, we can only be alarmed. It is not an offer which incites within us any feeling even faintly resembling pleasure.

Our firm already enjoys rapid growth, and we are distressed by your misconception that your interference in our business could have any sort of positive impact on Maritime Imperial's fortunes. Your suggestion that this offer is "very attractive" brings tears of distress to my eyes. We are not dung beetles. We are not attracted to this offer or to your firm.

In your letter you express your desire to ensure that Maritime Imperial is not interested in acquiring its own assets. This has caused me some confusion. Maritime Imperial owns all its own assets. This is how things should be. When Maritime Imperial owns its own assets all seems right with the world. Your proposal would countermand natural harmony. Please desist.

You refer to "guarantees" which you will modify in response to our "remarks and proposals". I can assure you that you will do no such thing. Our proposal is that you immediately cease all contact with Maritime Imperial and indeed with the rest of the world. For your sake as much as for my mental well-being, I implore you to never contact our company again in any capacity, lest we be forced to seek legal recourse.

Yours in trauma,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:02 am

Imperial Ministry of International Trade & Economics

To: Maritime Imperial
Re: Shipyard and Repair Yard Lease

Given the Holy Empire's long and ongoing history with ship building, both military and civilian, and the extensive maritime manufacturing facilities we have, the Holy Empire is more than willing to open up a selection of these for use by your company. Stevid is in a key central area of Greater Dienstad and we have amount of personnel with extensive trade skills in maritime engineering, so we believe Maritime Imperial would hugely benefit from having facilities in the Holy Empire.

Nation name: Holy Empire of Stevid
Number of shipyards: 20

There is scope for more if so required as well as repair facilities if so required.

Signed,

MP Julius
Imperial Ministry of International Trade & Economics

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:36 am

Stevid wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish twenty (20) shipyards within your represented state of Stevid. Indeed, considering historic and present levels of demand for Maritime Imperial's products within Greater Dienstad, we are delighted to have this opportunity to work in Stevid, whose reputation precedes itself. I am delighted to be able to assure you that we accept your invitation to occupy these sites and that they will all be further developed, some primarily as maintenance and repair facilities and others as fully-fledged production facilities for your nation and region. Naturally we hope demand will increase further with time as our reputation continues to build in your nation, and over the next 5 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards, should this be considered acceptable and prudent by your own relevant agencies and ministries.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

San Gardia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby San Gardia » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:51 pm

From: Guillermo Morales, Minister for Trade, Government of San Gardia
To: Maritime Imperial

Dear sir,

The Republic of San Gardia wishes to have Maritime Imperial establish five shipyards with the territory of San Gardia itself as well as the annexed territory of Brazilistan. We are seeking to expand our merchant marine and fishing fleets to properly utilise the resources of our oceanic territorial waters, and wish to use these shipyards to construct and maintain shipping to be included within these fleets. Maritime Imperial's commitment to using local suppliers to provide resources and labour for these yards and the resulting economic stimulus is also a strong factor in our choice to offer this opportunity to your company.

Nation name: Republic of San Gardia
Number of shipyards: 5

Yours sincerely,
Guillermo Morales,
Minister of Trade
Republic of San Gardia

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:38 pm

San Gardia wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish five (5) shipyards within your represented state of San Gardia. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will all be developed - three as fully-fledged production facilities for your region, and the other two as repair and maintenance yards due to present low demand within your area. Naturally we hope demand will increase further with time as our reputation continues to build in your nation, and over the next 5 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards, should this be considered acceptable and prudent by your own relevant agencies and ministries.

You note your intention to expand your civilian fleets; it will therefore be of interest to you that Maritime Imperial will shortly be announcing a new factory stern trawler, the Pelican-class. I am certain that you will be interested in acquiring this latest offering as it will greatly increase the efficiency of your commercial fishing operations.

I hope to receive your custom again soon.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:39 pm

[OOC: Lineart entirely by Maltropia.]

The Pelican-class factory stern trawler is the logical evolution of Maritime Imperial's perennial favourite the Osprey-class deep-sea trawler. It is effectively an enlarged version of the Osprey in terms of basic design. With an overall length of 86.5 metres and 77.8 at the waterline, a beam of 16.1 metres and a draught of 7.4, its tonnage is more than 33% greater than that of its counterpart, creating ample space for storage, machinery and crew quarters.

The Pelican is designed to perform as both a pelagic stern trawler and factory ship. Its net, which can be weighted for bottom trawling, is towed directly behind it from a gantry located aft. A ramp set into the stern allows easy loading of the catch and a control booth overlooks this ramp for optimum operation. In addition, a crane over the working deck allows the net to be hauled up and its contents lowered below deck. This crane is capable of rotating 330°and can be raised and lowered as necessary. A secondary crane near the bow allows loading and offloading of equipment and processed fish via a loading hatch.

At Maritime Imperial, we understand that a ship in port is a ship that's not making money. The Pelican is equipped with that in mind: its spacious cargo hold can store twelve hundred tonnes of fish or krill, and it comes equipped with a full suite of state of the art freezing and storage facilities, permitting it to remain at sea for up to six weeks, spending as little time in port as possible. Its facilities allow it to process an entire catch within hours; up to one hundred and fifty tonnes can be processed in a day in the ship's optimal configuration.

Because of its processing capacity, the Pelican can, to a certain extent, operate as a mother ship to several smaller craft up to and including its inspiration the Osprey. Fish can be transferred from the deck of another craft into a loading bay under the Pelican's working deck, or transferred via pumping directly between the ships' holds, and then processed in the Pelican's extensive facilities. Most of this processing is automated and highly efficient, employing internal chutes and conveyor belt systems to transfer fish between its holding tanks. Unprocessed and unsorted fish is stored in tanks of freezing water prior to being graded. Grading by species and freshness must be undertaken by hand but grading by size is performed mechanically for greatest efficiency.

The Pelican is equipped with an Enmar Industries DN-50 diesel engine, giving a steady and reliable source of power and providing the vessel with a top speed of 19 knots. This engine powers a single propeller, although reconfiguration to a dual-propeller model remains an option for when improved manoeuvrability is essential. Efficiency and cost-effectiveness are hallmarks of Maritime Imperial's catalogue. Comparable classes of factory ship operate with a minimum of forty crew, compared to the Pelican's optimum of thirty. This means that, although the initial outlay may be higher than buying a second-hand craft, it represents a long-term saving in lower operating costs.

Under Maltropian maritime law, we are obliged to conform with WA GAR #20, Suppress International Piracy. For this purpose, the Pelican comes equipped with a weapons locker, located on the bridge, for defensive purposes, to deter pirates or other attackers. The standard purchase model of the Pelican comes with cutting-edge navigational equipment, including sonar and radar, as well as nets and fishing machinery and a full suite of processing facilities. Purchase cost, as standard, is 18 million NSD.

Specifications
Length Overall86.5 metres
Length (waterline)77.8 metres
Beam16.1 metres
Draught7.4 metres
Displacement6,300 tonnes
Propulsion1 x Enmar Industries DN-50 diesel engine = 12,500 shp / 10 MW
Speed19 knots
Crew30
Price18,000,000 NSD
Last edited by Maltropia on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:05 pm

241 Dunavski Boulevard, MR-24-14010 Carigrad, Nikolia. Tel: +645-(6724) 2201 4431 Fax: +645-(6724) 2201 4433 Web: pomorskauprava.prv.nk

To: Keith Mulcahy, Chief Executive Officer, Maritime Imperial
From: Aleksandar Jevrić, Director of the Nikolian Maritime Authority
Subject: Vessel permissions and procurement

Greetings,

I am writing you on behalf of the Nikolian Maritime Authority of the Ministry of Agriculture, Environment and Marine Affairs of the Kingdom of Nikolia. We congratulate you on your new vessel class, namely, the Pelican-class factory trawler, and we wish you to have many orders in the future. In order to successfully perform sales in the Nikolian market, the vessels must have a permission from our authority. Earlier in August, our inspectors have visited your shipyard in Esrium and wrote a report about this vessel. After careful evaluation by our expert board, the Pelican-class factory trawler has met all criteria to be used within the Nikolian maritime territory.
I am also writing to you on behalf of the Nikolian Merchant Navy, which have expressed a willingness to expand their fleet with more of your products. They would like to order a Fishing Fleet package with additional third Pelican-class factory stern trawler.
I am looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
-Aleksandar Jevrić
Director of the Nikolian Maritime Authority
Last edited by Nikolia on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:40 am

Nik duder wrote:-snip-

Mister Jevrić,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial. It is a pleasure to hear from you again after your visit and tour of our facilities in Esrium. We are all most gratified to learn that your office has approved our new Pelican-class factory stern trawler for sale within Nikolia. While this comes as no surprise to us, as our products always conform to the very highest standards - namely, our own - it is rewarding to receive confirmation in writing.

I must thank you for conveying to us the Nikolian Merchant Navy's intent to expand their fleet. Their custom is always welcome. We would be delighted to fill their order for two (2) Fishing Fleet packages and for one (1) additional Pelican-class factory stern trawler. The net price of this order is 148,800,000 NSD, which sum should be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:07 pm

We'll Get It There.

To: Keith Mulcahly, Chief Executive Officer at Maritime Imperial
From: Justine Cuellar, EVP for Market Development and Corporate Communications

Greetings! We're here from your reply to our website. We are pleased that an offer for a commercial container ship has come so quick! To make things go quick and smoothly, i'll keep it simple and say that we are here to take you up on the offer of the Sejanus. And we'll take the discount, too!

Sincerely,
EVP for Market Development and Corporate Communications

OOC: Again, thank you for telling me about the flag counter. I will say it again, I'm a returning player under a new name, and when I was here with my old nation, there was no ban. Thank you for making me aware.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Uttland wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Delivery of your requested one (1) Sejanus-class container ship shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect delivery of your order to be completed within the next five (5) months. The net price of your order is 80,750,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. We thank you for your custom and look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Last edited by Maltropia on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome Break-Away of 250land
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:05 am

To whom it may concern,

My name is Su'G'li and I represent the next generation in a long established seafaring family. Unlike my predecessors I am not so satisfied with our current fleet of ageing rust buckets we call a fisheries empire! In an effort to modernise I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade our fleet with the purchase of 10 Pelican-class factory stern trawlers in a mothership configuration.

In accordance with family tradition I request that each vessel is decked out in bright canary yellow with lime green trim. I would also like to request a training programme for the new crews so that they may operate their new vessels with the most efficiency.

Kind Regards

Su'G'li

Su'G'li Fisheries LLC
A New Zealander

Official nation name: 250land and Vera. A proud member of the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

Wiki

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade