NATION

PASSWORD

THE 2nd Cataclysm 1920. IC-CLOSED per Sign Up.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australien
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Armoury.
Small military installation on the LL/Kievistan Border.
Mar. 1, 1920 1830 hours.

Brown sat in the Armoury of the small base, peeking through a crack in the boarded up window. After the surviving soldiers had barricaded themselves in the building, an uneasy silence had fallen over the base. There was a consensus among the Kievi forces that the defenders had to be dealt with soon, as a break was predicted in the blizzard.

Pieper crept up behind Brown to take a look.

OOC-Sorry, I sort of forget about this little situation!
My Political Compass:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-2.12&soc=-1.95

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic -Joseph Stalin

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 am

OOC: I have a question about some landmarks in the Edmar Sea. If you look at the map I used clear back on page 2 in an ORBAT post, there's the Laynu Strait, which opens up a little and then closes in again, though not enough to be a second strait. The wreck of the Saidom Vubee occurred just north of the narrow. Continuing south and east, the Edmar opens up in a funnel-shape that stops growing just before reaching the E in Edmar. Now: Do any of those features have names? How many miles is it from the south end of the Laynu to the narrow? It looks like the narrow is just about midway between the strait and the edge of the funnel. For now, we'll say the Hacs-Tolakh is about two thirds of the way south through the funnel, a little closer to the west bank than the east.

IC:
Main Bridge
WDKD Hacs-Tolakh
Edmar Sea
1 MAR 1920, 13:12 hours

"Vushvahkh, Sonar. I have a contact. It's faint..."

"Can you get a bearing?" Vushvahkh Mehvek moved closer to her sonar operator.

"Kro," Jahncs responded, shaking her head. "I can barely hear it over the Old Man1, never mind pinpoint a bearing. Northerly...ish..."

Mehvek bit her lip. The communique from the embassy in Kievi had made it clear that any craft with which the Hacs-Tolakh came into contact was to be treated as hostile, but he only carried so many weapons. Should they encounter too great a force, it would be foolhardy to attack. Of course, that could not be helped--Mehvek needed to know what was in the Edmar as much as she needed to sink what she could. She turned to her XO. "Last we heard from the Aihah Yojahn, she was only halfway to the narrow. Let's kill the engines and look for a nice, quiet hole in the water. If we're lucky, that contact will move in our direction."

1 - The Old Man to which she's referring is the Hacs-Tolakh (remember, he's a father-ship).
Web Comic | Our Flag Is Not Islamic | Chickens? | Wochik Trivia | Thrinian Wochiktum | Sentinel of the Holy Grammar
Katothwa Re: Hase§ ga Hasaxet te
English: The Glory of God is Intelligence
Tavan: Te uomeva di ome hokueri ewhuei.
Cilnotuzian: U vzìleu sa Saom à u Ecnazeväcreu.
Tăkăracepĭra: Tămĕṕa ramĕṕĭcańa gecipăra ńeratĕ.
Cat: Ahuí A:hrx Cý:c

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Wonderchicken wrote:OOC: I have a question about some landmarks in the Edmar Sea. If you look at the map I used clear back on page 2 in an ORBAT post, there's the Laynu Strait, which opens up a little and then closes in again, though not enough to be a second strait. The wreck of the Saidom Vubee occurred just north of the narrow. Continuing south and east, the Edmar opens up in a funnel-shape that stops growing just before reaching the E in Edmar. Now: Do any of those features have names? How many miles is it from the south end of the Laynu to the narrow? It looks like the narrow is just about midway between the strait and the edge of the funnel. For now, we'll say the Hacs-Tolakh is about two thirds of the way south through the funnel, a little closer to the west bank than the east.

IC:
Main Bridge
WDKD Hacs-Tolakh
Edmar Sea
1 MAR 1920, 13:12 hours

"Vushvahkh, Sonar. I have a contact. It's faint..."

"Can you get a bearing?" Vushvahkh Mehvek moved closer to her sonar operator.

"Kro," Jahncs responded, shaking her head. "I can barely hear it over the Old Man1, never mind pinpoint a bearing. Northerly...ish..."

Mehvek bit her lip. The communique from the embassy in Kievi had made it clear that any craft with which the Hacs-Tolakh came into contact was to be treated as hostile, but he only carried so many weapons. Should they encounter too great a force, it would be foolhardy to attack. Of course, that could not be helped--Mehvek needed to know what was in the Edmar as much as she needed to sink what she could. She turned to her XO. "Last we heard from the Aihah Yojahn, she was only halfway to the narrow. Let's kill the engines and look for a nice, quiet hole in the water. If we're lucky, that contact will move in our direction."

1 - The Old Man to which she's referring is the Hacs-Tolakh (remember, he's a father-ship).

OOC-I would guess the whole strait (including the wider area in the south) to be about 200 miles, with the narrows being about 50 miles long. No real landmarks other than some army and naval outposts on my side. A very rocky and mountainous coast that is uninviting to amphibious attack. Sooner or later the narrows could be cut off, most likely with submarine nets and or mines.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm

OOC: I think the narrowest stretch of the Laynu needs to be closer to 75 miles.
Scale 1 on the map shown here puts the strait at 50 miles. The letter A, then, is where the Nahcsnahdu and her group were when the Kah Ahnto'nee turned around to start sweeping the area north of Lowell Leber. The black circles are at 200 and 300 Scale 1 miles from the A, which is how far the group would have been able to travel at the 20 knots they were doing in the time we decided wasn't enough to get them to where the Flemingsburg was.

The B is where the Nahcsnahdu and her group would have been using Scale 2, and the red arcs are 200 and 300 Scale 2 miles from that position. Scale 2 would make the Laynu Strait about 75 miles long, opening up for about 100-125 miles before pinching back in a little, then spreading back out for another 75 miles or so.

(Sorry to be picky. Are you just about fed up with me, yet?)
Web Comic | Our Flag Is Not Islamic | Chickens? | Wochik Trivia | Thrinian Wochiktum | Sentinel of the Holy Grammar

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 am

Australien wrote:Armoury.
Mar. 1, 1920 1830 hours.

Brown sat in the Armoury of the small base, peeking through a crack in the boarded up window. After the surviving soldiers had barricaded themselves in the building, an uneasy silence had fallen over the base. There was a consensus among the Kievi forces that the defenders had to be dealt with soon, as a break was predicted in the blizzard.

IC- Peiper turned to look at Brown, motioning him closer.
"See here now, we have control of the armory and the barracks. That said, we only have about 50 men left and I reckon those Kievis have about 200 men all over the rest of the camp. With odds like that we will never be able to take back the main compound, unless we take the few men we have here and attack in the blizzard. Its that, or we get to the stables and get us some mounts, if theres any left! What do you think?...
IC The Leberite Empire

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:
Australien wrote:Armoury.
Mar. 1, 1920 1830 hours.

IC- Peiper turned to look at Brown, motioning him closer.
"See here now, we have control of the armory and the barracks. That said, we only have about 50 men left and I reckon those Kievis have about 200 men all over the rest of the camp. With odds like that we will never be able to take back the main compound, unless we take the few men we have here and attack in the blizzard. Its that, or we get to the stables and get us some mounts, if theres any left! What do you think?...

OOC- No problem!

IC-
"I'd have to disagree. I'd say we wait out the worst of this blizzard, as it seems to be dying down a little, then we try and contact Headquarters to let them know of the situation. But I do agree with you in one way, we need to get out of here or I fear we shall starve before any rescue can be performed."
My Political Compass:

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic -Joseph Stalin

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 am

Armoury.
Mar. 1, 1920 1832 hours.

"I was hoping for a more aggressive spirit from you Officer Brown, but perhaps discretion is the better part of valor in this case. Lets gather up the few men we can get to and raid the stables. We should be able to get out of here without much of a chase in this weather..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Flight Briefing
Wochik Fleegicskah Fa Headquarters
Somewhere north of Kustrin
1 MAR 20, 13:00 hours

Amahn Vaykush could hardly contain himself. He had already been in Kievistan for two days, since the Kahpokahnahcs of Wo'n Darshekeen had pledged her might to repel the aggression of Lowell Leber against the Kievis back on the 28th. They had spent most of the 29th unloading their Ayahnku fighters from the Jicsk, then loading them onto a Kievi train and hammering out the logistics of transporting 100 crated aircraft on a train that was never built to haul 100 crated Ayahnku-tum, their pilots, crews, and spare parts. It had been a grueling, and frustrating, experience. Things were finally starting to congeal, though, and he fully expected to be winging his way over the border before sunset. As the Juvahkh-Naydar1 stepped up to the lectern, several murmuring conversations wound down.

"Your attention, please!" The last few chatters buttoned their mouths. "Gentlemen, intel thus far is thin at best. All we've been told thus far is that the Leberites have fired on a contingent of Kievis somewhere in the southern part of their shared border. It is unclear whether that incident has even reached its conclusion, as there's a nasty storm down that way making communication difficult. You men have been been asked, for now, to begin patrolling the northern part of that border, in case the Leberites aren't satisfied with kicking their neighbors in a snowstorm. So far, there does not appear to have been any incursion in the area we'll be flying over, but we have no intention of leaving that to luck any longer. The Icskah Fa will be placing Wochik troops between Kustrin and the border, and you will be watching from above." The Juvahkh-Naydar pointed to a large map hung behind him and continued, "A few of you will be asked to carry photographic equipment and reconnoiter as well as you can, concentrating your efforts here, here, and here." He pointed out locations on the map to illustrate as he spoke, then turned to face the pilots. "The Juvahkh2 wants to know exactly what's out there, flyers. Group 15; your squadrons will be flying the first sorties, and Group 6 will wait until morning. Your Devahkh-tum3 will have your individual orders. Any questions?" No one moved. "Good! You are dismissed."

As the pilots all made to stand and exit the tent, Amahn's Devahkh tapped him on the shoulder.

"Vaykush, you said you've had experience with cameras, is that right?" Taken a little aback, Amahn nodded blankly. "Right. That makes you the only one in our squad. Report to the Quartermaster immediately. You're our photographer, and we launch as soon as your bird is ready to fly."

1 - Juvahkh-Naydar is the Wochik equivalent of a Wing Commander. The Juvahkh-Naydar is directly below a Juvahkh.
2 - Just above the Juvahkh-Naydar, a Juvahkh would compare to a Colonel or Group Captain. It is the fifth level officer, and ranking officer in the camp.
3 - A Devahkh ranks just below the Juvahkh-Naydar and is comparable to a Captain or Squadron Leader (O-3). Amahn's rank is just below this. He is a Devahkh-Naydar.

The ranks of the Fleegicskah Fa are, from highest to lowest officer: Kah-Fleevahkh, Fleevakh, Fleevakh-Naydar, Juvahkh, Juvahkh-Naydar, Devahkh, Devahkh-Naydar, and Fleegicskah-Pahv.

Kievistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kievistan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 am

Kievistani GHQ
Kievi
March 1
2000 hours.

ICS:Attn. Wonderchicken

Marshal Yitski sat with his Emperor and the Wochik liasion in the corner of the radio room. He lit his pipe nervously and inhaled deeply, exhaling as though sighing.
"Tomorrow at 0200 hours my Lord, our glorious allies and our mighty hosts shall attack the Leberites and retake the territories that rightfully belong to our Realm. Operations in the south are progressing despite the weather, and with clear in the north our offensive will begin."

"Good Marshal, good " replied the Emperor. "Do we have enough forces concentrated north of Kustrin to turn their flank?"

"Yes my Lord. After the initial feint towards Kustrin which those scum expect, our Shaka troops and our reserve armies supported by Wochik aircraft will begin our push to the sea north of Kustrin. We will than use the remaining Shaka armies in the south to overrun that sector and stake our claim on the shores of the Edmar!..."

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:54 pm

OOC: Sorry. Kind of been in the hospital. My leg apparently made a deal with my lungs to produce some clotted blood for them, and the blighters took delivery of the darn things on Monday afternoon. Just got home, and will have to pick up the story tomorrow.

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Kievistan wrote:Kievistani GHQ
Kievi
March 1
2000 hours.

ICS:Attn. Wonderchicken

Marshal Yitski sat with his Emperor and the Wochik liaison in the corner of the radio room. He lit his pipe nervously and inhaled deeply, exhaling as though sighing.
"Tomorrow at 0200 hours my Lord, our glorious allies and our mighty hosts shall attack the Leberites and retake the territories that rightfully belong to our Realm. Operations in the south are progressing despite the weather, and with clear in the north our offensive will begin."

"Good Marshal, good " replied the Emperor. "Do we have enough forces concentrated north of Kustrin to turn their flank?"

"Yes my Lord. After the initial feint towards Kustrin which those scum expect, our Shaka troops and our reserve armies supported by Wochik aircraft will begin our push to the sea north of Kustrin. We will then use the remaining Shaka armies in the south to overrun that sector and stake our claim on the shores of the Edmar!..."

ICS: Attention Kievistan

Kah Ahnto'nee Nahcs1 Dehnek Akhpunobacs smiled and pulled from his cigar.

"The 6,000 sons of Darshek2 who landed in Romov are being deployed as we speak, and 100 Ayahnku fighter aircraft of the Fleegicskah Fa have been stationed near enough to Kustrin to provide the support you require. A few of those will be taking aerial photographs of the terrain to assist in our joint overall reconnaissance efforts. As promised, my men have been informed that the Leberites are to be blamed for this war. As you know, the Wochik culture is founded on principles of honor3. Their outrage should be quite...sufficient."

1 - Dehnek Akhpunobacs's rank in the Vushicskah Fa. There is no naval rank in Wo'n Darshekeen which outranks the Kah Ahnto'nee Nahcs, and orders given by a Kah Ahnto'nee Nahcs to either ground or air personnel can only be superseded by the Kah-Vahkhb (Icskah Fa, ground), the Kah-Fleevahkh (Fleegicskah Fa, air), or the Executive Nexhur himself. For all intents and purposes, Mr. Akhpunobacs is the top dog for the Wochiks in Kievistan.
2 - Again, not a special class of warrior; just another term for a Wochik.
3 - Not that the Kah Ahnto'nee Nahcs is any kind of example...

Kievistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kievistan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Kievistani 2nd Army Frontline
25 miles north of Kustrin, L.L.
March 2, 1920 0500 hours

Commandant Gregori Houtski reviewed the written orders one last time, and then looked at his watch. He then lowered his hand to signal his 1st battery of the Guards artillery regiment to begin the bombardment as well as the war in earnest. The massive 200 mm guns boomed out, followed by the 152 and 122mm howitzers. Soon the entire boarder was aflame in light from the muzzle flashes as well as the explosions on the Leberite lines..

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:32 pm

6th Army GHQ,
Ft. Steiner
15 miles north of Kustrin
March 2, 1920 0505 hours

The bombardment came like a flash in the dark, but the troops dug in the field fortifications were relatively unaffected. General Richard von Keint lit a smoke as he walked to the telegraph room. It was here upon us now he thought, and now we can have done with that rabble to the north once and for all.
"Lance Corporal" barked von Keint, "telegraph Northern Front GHQ and let them know that the Kievi attack has begun!"
"On it sir!" replied the young soldier.
"And wireless, radio all command posts to prepare to repulse any and all attacks that are soon to come. No counterattacks without my approval!"
"Yes sir!" replied the radioman.
General von Keints plan for 6th Army, as in accordance with the "Case Red" strategic plan for war with Kievistan, was to blunt and wear out any Kievistani offensive towards Kustrin. Imperial Command had decided that without Kustrin any Kievistani offensive would fail as it had in 1880. Once the Kievis were bled white before Kustrin, the 6th Army would rebuild as fresh troops launched a general counter offensive from east of Kustrin to turn the Kievi flank and cut their armies off from the Kievistani heartland...
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Fleegicskah Fa Airfield
2 MAR 1920, 05:02 hours

Amahn pulled back on the stick and his Ayahnku fighter leapt eagerly into the morning sky. Even with the added weight of the camera, the craft responded readily to his slightest touch. Of course, he had been forced to make some slight modifications to the controls to accommodate his unusually short arm, but he was well-accustomed to that. He flexed his stump to ensure the blood was flowing and climbed to join his group.

In the distance, Amahn could hear the shelling that had begun only moments ago. It would be his task, today, to fly over the areas being targeted by those guns and reconnoiter their effectiveness. As the formation turned south over Kustrin, Amahn felt a chill in his spine, and he pondered it. He knew that he could face death on this day. Absently, he touched his good hand to the pocket that held the book his father had presented him when he left home.

OOC: I really hate writer's block...

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:24 am

Parliament House, Melbourne
2 MAR 1920, 15:00

The parliament was practically a zoo (As per usual). There was an almost unanimous decision, with only minor opposition from the socialist parties, to go to war. But as this was the Parliament of Australien, an agreement was not even close to being reached on what to do. The two largest parties were both trying to get a large force sent, primarily cavalry and infantry. They both had near identical plans at the start of the debate, yet they had both changed their schemes simply to do as the other party didn't want them to.
Under law, the Prime Minister was allowed to dispatch an extra ten thousand troops, and mobilise the nation's 30,000 strong reserve army, but it would be at least a week, if not a month, before an agreement was reached.

Armoury of the LL Border Base
2 MAR 1920, 03:47

Brown stood at the door, flanked by all the remaining soldiers in the garrison.
"Right" Brown began, "Remember the plan, open fire as soon as we get out, don't worry too much about hitting anything, they'll be too shocked to react too well. Head straight for the stables and secure them, me and Lt. Pieper here will attempt to contact GHQ before regrouping with the rest of you and mounting an escape. Lieutenant, anything you'd like to add?"

OOC- Don't worry about the time jump on the first post, I just have trouble picturing most of my politicians doing anything at 2 in the morning!
My Political Compass:

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Australien wrote:
Parliament House, Melbourne
2 MAR 1920, 15:00

The parliament was practically a zoo (As per usual). There was an almost unanimous decision, with only minor opposition from the socialist parties, to go to war. But as this was the Parliament of Australien, an agreement was not even close to being reached on what to do. The two largest parties were both trying to get a large force sent, primarily cavalry and infantry. They both had near identical plans at the start of the debate, yet they had both changed their schemes simply to do as the other party didn't want them to.
Under law, the Prime Minister was allowed to dispatch an extra ten thousand troops, and mobilise the nation's 30,000 strong reserve army, but it would be at least a week, if not a month, before an agreement was reached.

Armoury of the LL Border Base
2 MAR 1920, 03:47

Brown stood at the door, flanked by all the remaining soldiers in the garrison.
"Right" Brown began, "Remember the plan, open fire as soon as we get out, don't worry too much about hitting anything, they'll be too shocked to react too well. Head straight for the stables and secure them, me and Lt. Pieper here will attempt to contact GHQ before regrouping with the rest of you and mounting an escape. Lieutenant, anything you'd like to add?"

OOC- Don't worry about the time jump on the first post, I just have trouble picturing most of my politicians doing anything at 2 in the morning!

Armoury
2 MAR 1920, 3:48

"Yes officer Brown I would. Men, we are now at war. Treat the enemy as the your enemy. They will have no mercy so expect none. And good luck!..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:16 pm

222nd Rifle regiment-2nd Army
40 miles East of Kustrin
March 2 1920 0600 hours

The trench lines were turning into mass graves as the massive Kievistani bombardment ripped up the earth in the area and all along the line. Then came the infantry rush, which soon overwhelmed the frontline defenders. However when the Kievis got to the second line they were met by withering machine gun and mortar fire, followed by intense shelling from the regiment's 3 inch field guns. The carnage of this new war was already eclipsing that of the War of 1880...
Last edited by Lowell Leber on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Lowell Leber wrote: 222nd Rifle regiment-2nd Army
40 miles East of Kustrin
March 2 1920 0600 hours

The trench lines were turning into mass graves as the massive Kievistani bombardment ripped up the earth in the area and all along the line. Then came the infantry rush, which soon overwhelmed the frontline defenders. However when the Kievis got to the second line they were met by withering machine gun and mortar fire, followed by intense shelling from the regiment's 3 inch field guns. The carnage of this new war was already eclipsing that of the War of 1880...

Roughly 1500 meters above

As the carnage unfolded below him, Amahn struggled to maintain a level flight path while juggling the demands of his camera. It was no mean task simply to keep an Ayahnku steady, but it did no good to dwell on that now. He adjusted the lens one last time and squeezed the trigger, snapping another photo of the awful scene which lay below. Returning his attention to the skies around him, he looked overhead to check for the rest of his group and spotted them quickly just a few hundred meters above his position, then scanned the horizon. The Juvahkh-Naydar had not anticipated that there would be anyone to contest the Fleegicskah Fa over this field today, but Amahn had never been especially comfortable letting his guard too far down.

He quickly checked the camera again and advanced the film. For an instant, he thought he caught a wisp of the awful smell rising from the destruction below him, and he felt his insides turn. Holding his breath, he redoubled his concentration. One more photo left on the roll, then he could turn west...

ETA OOC:
Germany Finishes Paying for WWI
Last edited by Wonderchicken on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Northern Front High Command
Kustrin, Galicia, L.L.
March 2, 1920 0800 Hours

The initial reports coming in from the field showed that so far the Kievi advance was being contained. 2nd Army had taken the blunt of the attack but was intact despite heavy intial casualties. The staff was still gathering reports and intelligence assesments from the front lines, and were due to brief the commanders at 1000 hours. Before that however a flight of 10 fighters was to depart on a recon mission northwest of Kustrin and to report on troop concentrations in the Kievi rear areas...
IC The Leberite Empire

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Radio address to the nation by King Lowellius XVI
March 2, 1920 0930 hours

"My fellow citizens and subjects of the Empire! This morning the war of aggression that we have expected yet feared from the Kievistan Realm has begun. As I speak to you all now, our armies are stemming the barbarian tide as they have for the last 1000 years wherever it may swell. I ask of you all to now live your lives as though all hangs in the balance, for it very well does. The aims of our barbarian enemy and its allies our unknown, save that they wish to take from our Empire its riches and to deprive us of our freedoms. This shall not pass if we all, both Lowellians and Leberites, citizens and subjects, soldiers and sailors, workers and farmers, men and mothers, all pull together. Our Empire is rich and powerful, yet its true strength comes from its people and its principles. Whether this war last 3 months or 3 years, we shall prevail because of our superior people. May our Lord God bless our soldiers, our people, and our Empire in the coming struggles."
Last edited by Lowell Leber on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 am

Lowell Leber wrote:Northern Front High Command
Kustrin, Galicia, L.L.
March 2, 1920 0800 Hours

The initial reports coming in from the field showed that so far the Kievi advance was being contained. 2nd Army had taken the blunt of the attack but was intact despite heavy intial casualties. The staff was still gathering reports and intelligence assesments from the front lines, and were due to brief the commanders at 1000 hours. Before that however a flight of 10 fighters was to depart on a recon mission northwest of Kustrin and to report on troop concentrations in the Kievi rear areas...

Somewhere over the LL/Kievistani border
Roughly 15 miles east of Kustrin
2 MAR 1920, 08:20 hours

After Amahn had finished the roll of film in his camera, he had climbed to join his squadron. His Devahkh had then taken the group up near their service ceiling to 6000 meters to observe the battle and continue to watch the skies. Satisfied that there was no aerial activity to report, and seeing that their fuel would begin to run low soon, the Devahkh had finally turned the squadron back towards Kustrin and the Fleegicskah Fa airfield.

Amahn shivered slightly, and took a moment to check that he had, in fact, secured the camera. He wasn't really comfortable caring for the bulky contraption, but as he had been designated as its keeper, he seemed stuck with it. He flexed and stretched his tired, aching muscles, and rolled his head from side to side. Although the squadron had descended to 4500 meters, the air really hadn't warmed much. Amahn loved to fly, and the frigid air was just something he had to deal with.

He glanced over at the Devahkh, whose head was facing ramrod-straight ahead. They were nearly over Kustrin, now, and had seen no sign of any other aircraft. The Devahkh was from a long line of military men, and prided himself on sitting "at attention" at the stick; a fact about which Amahn had mixed feelings. For his own self, Amahn felt that "attention" was best directed at anywhere from which a threat might emerge (which was pretty much anywhere when you were seated in the cockpit). He turned his attention away from the Devahkh's plane and scanned the horizon again.

Somewhere over his 2 o'clock, a glint of light caught his eye, and Amahn suddenly wasn't worried about the cold. He fixed his goggles over his eyes and stared carefully in the direction where he had seen the flash. There was nothing there, now, but that could simply be a matter of distance. The light he had seen definitely looked like it could have been the sun reflecting off of metal, and he was quite sure it was high enough to be an aircraft. He decided, for the moment, that he would keep his eyes open and his mouth shut.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:41 am

Somewhere over the LL/Kievistani border
Roughly 5 miles east of Kustrin
2 MAR 1920, 08:22 hours

Sgt. Hollidays plane was in the air primarily by accident, having diverted to a minor field east of Kustrin due to engine troubles. After the repairs were complete he was ordered up to patrol the are for any enemy recon flights. And perhaps he had found one now.

"Lucky" he exclaimed to his tailgunner. "What is that over yonder to the west?"
"I dunno Sarge" replied Lucky. " It sure does look like some type of aeroplanes, maybe a couple of them?"
"I believe your right old boy! Lets head over and take a look..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:48 am

Lowell Leber wrote:Somewhere over the LL/Kievistani border

Sgt. Hollidays plane was in the air primarily by accident, having diverted to a minor field east of Kustrin due to engine troubles. After the repairs were complete he was ordered up to patrol the are for any enemy recon flights. And perhaps he had found one now.

"I dunno Sarge" replied Lucky. " It sure does look like some type of aeroplanes, maybe a couple of them?"

OOC: What's he flying, a Brunn-Imperial B-1?

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:50 am

Wonderchicken wrote:

OOC: What's he flying, a Brunn-Imperial B-1?

OOC: An Imperial F-3. It has room for a tailgunner/ navigator.
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 pm

As luck would have it, Amahn wasn't staring long. He had indeed spotted a lone aircraft, and it was closing on his squadron's position. He jogged his throttle up and down a few times to get the Devahkh's attention, then signaled the sighting. The Devahkh signaled confirmation, and then gave the order for two of the squadron's pilots to intercept. Devahkh-Naydar-tum Jakcs and Ilith dropped out of formation and turned toward the unidentified craft.

Amahn's attention was torn between maintaining his position in the formation and watching as Jakcs and Ilith closed on the interloper. He watched as they split wide and banked to pull alongside either flank of the intruder. By now, the whole formation had closed somewhat and Amahn could see Leberite colors on what he guessed to be an F-3. As he watched, he realized he was holding his breath, and very deliberately forced his lungs to resume their duties.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents