NATION

PASSWORD

THE 2nd Cataclysm 1920. IC-CLOSED per Sign Up.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:53 pm

"Just tell me something Bacs, because you do not want to end up with the SIS! They are some mean bastards, very cruel and cuthroat. Thats why they are not in the military. So, tell me so I dont have to send you to them!..."
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Bacs's mind was racing. Just how far could he really trust this apparently fair-minded Ensign? He wasn't quite sure, but he did know for sure that he had already thrown himself in front of the Wochar.

"Ship's orders," he said, choosing his words very carefully, "are...<Oh, what was the English word, again?>...atop my rank." He watched the Ensign's eyes carefully as he spoke, looking for any sign of what was going on behind them. Again, what he had said was true in a sense. The fact that his position as communications officer gave him access to information he shouldn't have would have to be conveniently left out.
Web Comic | Our Flag Is Not Islamic | Chickens? | Wochik Trivia | Thrinian Wochiktum | Sentinel of the Holy Grammar
Katothwa Re: Hase§ ga Hasaxet te
English: The Glory of God is Intelligence
Tavan: Te uomeva di ome hokueri ewhuei.
Cilnotuzian: U vzìleu sa Saom à u Ecnazeväcreu.
Tăkăracepĭra: Tămĕṕa ramĕṕĭcańa gecipăra ńeratĕ.
Cat: Ahuí A:hrx Cý:c

Australien
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:50 am

Unnamed military base.
Lowell Leber/Kievistan Border.
21 FEB 1920, 17:53 hours.

Brown, having just explained the situation to the commanding officer at the base, walked over to the window where Pieper was sitting, handing him a tea (With a little scotch to warm the blood).
"You know, they've doubled their watch. I think it's safe to get some rest." Brown said to the still alert soldier,
My Political Compass:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-2.12&soc=-1.95

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic -Joseph Stalin

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 am

Wonderchicken wrote:Bacs's mind was racing. Just how far could he really trust this apparently fair-minded Ensign? He wasn't quite sure, but he did know for sure that he had already thrown himself in front of the Wochar.

"Ship's orders," he said, choosing his words very carefully, "are...<Oh, what was the English word, again?>...atop my rank." He watched the Ensign's eyes carefully as he spoke, looking for any sign of what was going on behind them. Again, what he had said was true in a sense. The fact that his position as communications officer gave him access to information he shouldn't have would have to be conveniently left out.

"Very well. I dont believe that given that you are one of the few, if not the only one, of your comrades who speak basic (OOC english)," replied Johnson. "In fact my guess would be that you were the XO of that boat or in communications? At any rate, the Strategic Intelligence Services will get it out of you that much I am sure."
IC The Leberite Empire

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 am

Australien wrote:Unnamed military base.

Brown, having just explained the situation to the commanding officer at the base, walked over to the window where Pieper was sitting, handing him a tea (With a little scotch to warm the blood).
"You know, they've doubled their watch. I think it's safe to get some rest." Brown said to the still alert soldier,

"Your probably right Brown, forgive me but I get edgy. These Kievis, and now the barbarians they have armed, keep me awake at night. They're monsters, and they have always had it in for us..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:04 am

"Hmph. I am good with languages," Bacs admitted. "That much is true. And I was in process to be a taller rank. But I not lie when I say I am below the information you...ask. It is encrypted. The Vushvakh alone would...decrypt it, and he is pahzhehso kahto." Again, it was technically true...or it had been when Bacs was first assigned to Vushvakh Preenau's sinker. It was procedure. Preenau had simply chosen to make a protege of Bacs, and given him a long leash. Now, he felt as though he were using every millimeter.

"My head..." Bacs touched his throbbing temple. "I am finding it difficult to...think of words in Basic. How is your Katothwa Re?"
Web Comic | Our Flag Is Not Islamic | Chickens? | Wochik Trivia | Thrinian Wochiktum | Sentinel of the Holy Grammar

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 am

Wonderchicken wrote:"Hmph. I am good with languages," Bacs admitted. "That much is true. And I was in process to be a taller rank. But I not lie when I say I am below the information you...ask. It is encrypted. The Vushvakh alone would...decrypt it, and he is pahzhehso kahto." Again, it was technically true...or it had been when Bacs was first assigned to Vushvakh Preenau's sinker. It was procedure. Preenau had simply chosen to make a protege of Bacs, and given him a long leash. Now, he felt as though he were using every millimeter.

"My head..." Bacs touched his throbbing temple. "I am finding it difficult to...think of words in Basic. How is your Katothwa Re?"

"What do you mean by 'Katothwa Re' Bacs? " replied Johnson.
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

Lowell Leber wrote:
Wonderchicken wrote:"Hmph. I am good with languages," Bacs admitted. "That much is true. And I was in process to be a taller rank. But I not lie when I say I am below the information you...ask. It is encrypted. The Vushvakh alone would...decrypt it, and he is pahzhehso kahto." Again, it was technically true...or it had been when Bacs was first assigned to Vushvakh Preenau's sinker. It was procedure. Preenau had simply chosen to make a protege of Bacs, and given him a long leash. Now, he felt as though he were using every millimeter.

"What do you mean by 'Katothwa Re' Bacs? " replied Johnson.

OOC: Katothwa Re is the native tongue of Wo'n Darshekeen.

IC: Bacs looked up. Was Ensign Johnson serious? He responded in Katothw Re: "<I mean, how well do you speak my tongue?>"
Last edited by Wonderchicken on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am

"I speak nothing but basic, as does anyone else on this ship" replied Johnson. "Perhaps I can help you if you gesture what you mean...?"
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:38 am

Lowell Leber wrote:"I speak nothing but basic, as does anyone else on this ship" replied Johnson. "Perhaps I can help you if you gesture what you mean...?"

Bacs shook his head, and instantly regretted it. The aspirin appeared to be wearing off.

"It will do no hacsfetah...er, good." He paused to gather himself. "You seem a decent shekhot, Ensign Johnson. I want...help you. But I cannot answer your question. Even our Vushvakh, who had the answer, could not give it to you because you are not Wochik and because it is not his name, his rank, or his identification number. He would be branded a traitor." His heart faltered momentarily. "I am a traitor for telling you this much."

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Wonderchicken wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote:"I speak nothing but basic, as does anyone else on this ship" replied Johnson. "Perhaps I can help you if you gesture what you mean...?"

Bacs shook his head, and instantly regretted it. The aspirin appeared to be wearing off.

"It will do no hacsfetah...er, good." He paused to gather himself. "You seem a decent shekhot, Ensign Johnson. I want...help you. But I cannot answer your question. Even our Vushvakh, who had the answer, could not give it to you because you are not Wochik and because it is not his name, his rank, or his identification number. He would be branded a traitor." His heart faltered momentarily. "I am a traitor for telling you this much."

"Well I admire your dedication to your duty and your nation, but the SIS boys and gals wont care a hoot about that. I will note in my report to them that you were not the CO of this 'sinker', and that you have a limited intelligence value. Good luck Bacs! Your going to need it..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:
Wonderchicken wrote:

"Well I admire your dedication to your duty and your nation, but the SIS boys and gals wont care a hoot about that. I will note in my report to them that you were not the CO of this 'sinker', and that you have a limited intelligence value. Good luck Bacs! Your going to need it..."

Bacs nodded acknowledgment. As the guard moved to take him away, he asked, "Will you be wanting to question any of the others?"

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:

"Your probably right Brown, forgive me but I get edgy. These Kievis, and now the barbarians they have armed, keep me awake at night. They're monsters, and they have always had it in for us..."

"Well, you should at try to sleep none the less. As I was always told as a boy, 'tis better too..." Brown trailed off as something caught his eye outside. Some sort of movement, or glimmer.
My Political Compass:

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic -Joseph Stalin

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 am

Wonderchicken wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote:[spoiler]
Wonderchicken wrote:

[/spoiler]"Well I admire your dedication to your duty and your nation, but the SIS boys and gals wont care a hoot about that. I will note in my report to them that you were not the CO of this 'sinker', and that you have a limited intelligence value. Good luck Bacs! Your going to need it..."

Bacs nodded acknowledgment. As the guard moved to take him away, he asked, "Will you be wanting to question any of the others?"

"Nah, they will all be interned at a naval base pending negotiations between Nullarni and your government concerning their return."
IC The Leberite Empire

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 am

Australien wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote:

"Well, you should at try to sleep none the less. As I was always told as a boy, 'tis better too..." Brown trailed off as something caught his eye outside. Some sort of movement, or glimmer.

"What was that?" replied Peiper. As the words came out of his mouth the sound of gunfire erupted. Soon the whole camp was ablaze as tremendous firefight erupted in the swirling snow.
"Its a raid, to arms!" yelled a sentry before a bullet spilled his lifeblood onto the ground. Nearly 100 Kievis were attacking the camp.
"Quick Brown, throw me my rifle! If there is to be a war I dont want to die here and now..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:19 am

Lowell Leber wrote:"Nah, they will all be interned at a naval base pending negotiations between Nullarni and your government concerning their return."

"So I alone am to be taken to this SIS."

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:23 am

Wonderchicken wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote:"Nah, they will all be interned at a naval base pending negotiations between Nullarni and your government concerning their return."

"So I alone am to be taken to this SIS."

"Yes" replied Johnson, " since you are the ranking officer you are the only one they are interested in interrogating. I say this again in a less subtle way, they will break you."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 am

"Then they will get a broken man for their trouble." Bacs replied. He cocked an eyebrow. "You seem almost anxious for this. You who were so intent to avert war a moment ago. You who have such honor." His tone shifted, and his gaze darkened. "You who fired on us without warning."
Last edited by Wonderchicken on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am

Wonderchicken wrote:"Then they will get a broken man for their trouble." Bacs replied. He cocked an eyebrow. "You seem almost anxious for this. You who were so intent to avert war a moment ago. You have have such honor." His tone shifted, and his gaze darkened. "You who fired on us without warning."

"I am not anxious for war with your people, only with those damned Kievis" replied Johnson. " They are a nasty race that split up the..., I mean its a long history between our peoples. As for us attacking you 'sinker', the Edmar belongs to LL and Nullarni. What reason is there for your submarines to be there except for agressive actions at some point? Your people are to my understanding loosely allied with Kievistan? So we see you as a threat given the tensions along our borders."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am

"And so you fire on us and kill two thirds of our crew, including any who might have answered your questions. How honorable."
Last edited by Wonderchicken on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:53 am

Wonderchicken wrote:"And so you fire on us and kill two thirds of our crew, including any who might have answered your questions. How honorable."

"I understand your point, but sneeking around under the waves is not honorable in the true sense" replied Johnson. "That said technology has take some of the honor out of battle. I lament it but it is the truth. Its a high stakes world we live in, and the stakes have never been higher. We will do anything to be victorious in this the final battle with the Kievis. And as long as your nation is allied with them then this applies to you all as well..."
IC The Leberite Empire

Wonderchicken
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wonderchicken » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am

Lowell Leber wrote:
Wonderchicken wrote:"And so you fire on us and kill two thirds of our crew, including any who might have answered your questions. How honorable."

"I understand your point, but sneaking around under the waves is not honorable in the true sense" replied Johnson. "That said technology has taken some of the honor out of battle. I lament it but it is the truth. Its a high stakes world we live in, and the stakes have never been higher. We will do anything to be victorious in this the final battle with the Kievis. And as long as your nation is allied with them then this applies to you all as well..."

"It seems to me you are already at war with the Kievis, and have simply failed to inform anyone. You make me out to be guilty by association." Bacs found himself feeling the first stirrings of anger. "You complain that my ship 'sneaks' and is not honorable, yet you wage war without declaring it. What were we to do when we saw two sinker-hunters approaching like hounds after a fox? Would you have simply fired different weapons had we remained upon the surface? It sounds to me as though you would have, and we would have faced certain destruction." Bacs shook his head (slowly and carefully, not wanting the marching band to return). "You have lied to me, Ensign Johnson. You have said you wish to avoid war, but you thirst for it; and in your thirst you have struck at the Sons of Darshek1. I have made myself a traitor because I knew you could have no way to understand why I could say so little; no way of knowing that a Wochik is ordered from his first moment in the Icskah Fa to say nothing to a foreigner except his three identities. I thought you a reasonable man. I will regret that mistake for as long as I breathe." He paused, then added, "Is there anything you wish my men to know? Their understanding of Basic rivals your knowledge of Katothwa Re...and your honor."

OOC: Sorry. That last comment was kind of a low blow. Bacs is getting kind of ticked. I think he's letting his headache get the better of him.

1 - OOC: Bacs is not referring to any special "Order" of warrior. Son of Darshek is merely another term for a Wochik, or for the Wochik people (remember that Tuvahn Darshek is the Father of Wo'n Darshekeen).
Last edited by Wonderchicken on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 am

Lowell Leber wrote: "What was that?" replied Peiper. As the words came out of his mouth the sound of gunfire erupted. Soon the whole camp was ablaze as tremendous firefight erupted in the swirling snow.
"Its a raid, to arms!" yelled a sentry before a bullet spilled his lifeblood onto the ground. Nearly 100 Kievis were attacking the camp.
"Quick Brown, throw me my rifle! If there is to be a war I dont want to die here and now..."

Brown snatched the rifle from the wall and tossed it to Peiper, before drawing his pistol and peering out the window.
"You!" Brown shouted above the gunfire to a young soldier cowering in the corner, "If you wont fight, make some bloody use of yourself and give me that damned rifle!"
The young man sprang up and ran towards Brown, desperately trying to avoid catching a bullet, but his efforts were in vain, as a bullet flew through the window and landed squarely in the unfortunate man's temple. He flew forward and landed at Brown's feet with a thud. Brown quickly grabbed the rifle and rested it on the windowsill, taking aim at a Kievi who was sprinting to cover near the entrance to the base. Brown squeezed the trigger, sending a round into the Kievi's forehead and knocking the now deceased man to the ground.

Brown drew back the bolt and drew a bead on the next Kievi.

OOC-Brown used to be a sniper, so that's how he manages to pull off good shots. He isn't just incredibly lucky!
Also, here's how I'm imagining the camp:
They're in the main building, atm, I'd imagine.
Last edited by Australien on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:28 am

Australien wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote: "What was that?" replied Peiper. As the words came out of his mouth the sound of gunfire erupted. Soon the whole camp was ablaze as tremendous firefight erupted in the swirling snow.

Brown snatched the rifle from the wall and tossed it to Peiper, before drawing his pistol and peering out the window.
"You!" Brown shouted above the gunfire to a young soldier cowering in the corner, "If you wont fight, make some bloody use of yourself and give me that damned rifle!"
The young man sprang up and ran towards Brown, desperately trying to avoid catching a bullet, but his efforts were in vain, as a bullet flew through the window and landed squarely in the unfortunate man's temple. He flew forward and landed at Brown's feet with a thud. Brown quickly grabbed the rifle and rested it on the windowsill, taking aim at a Kievi who was sprinting to cover near the entrance to the base. Brown squeezed the trigger, sending a round into the Kievi's forehead and knocking the now deceased man to the ground.
OOC-Yup, i picture it like that as well.

Brown drew back the bolt and drew a bead on the next Kievi.

OOC-Brown used to be a sniper, so that's how he manages to pull off good shots. He isn't just incredibly lucky!
Also, here's how I'm imagining the camp:
They're in the main building, atm, I'd imagine.
IC The Leberite Empire

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:32 am

Wonderchicken wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote:

"I understand your point, but sneaking around under the waves is not honorable in the true sense" replied Johnson. "That said technology has taken some of the honor out of battle. I lament it but it is the truth. Its a high stakes world we live in, and the stakes have never been higher. We will do anything to be victorious in this the final battle with the Kievis. And as long as your nation is allied with them then this applies to you all as well..."

"It seems to me you are already at war with the Kievis, and have simply failed to inform anyone. You make me out to be guilty by association." Bacs found himself feeling the first stirrings of anger. "You complain that my ship 'sneaks' and is not honorable, yet you wage war without declaring it. What were we to do when we saw two sinker-hunters approaching like hounds after a fox? Would you have simply fired different weapons had we remained upon the surface? It sounds to me as though you would have, and we would have faced certain destruction." Bacs shook his head (slowly and carefully, not wanting the marching band to return). "You have lied to me, Ensign Johnson. You have said you wish to avoid war, but you thirst for it; and in your thirst you have struck at the Sons of Darshek1. I have made myself a traitor because I knew you could have no way to understand why I could say so little; no way of knowing that a Wochik is ordered from his first moment in the Icskah Fa to say nothing to a foreigner except his three identities. I thought you a reasonable man. I will regret that mistake for as long as I breathe." He paused, then added, "Is there anything you wish my men to know? Their understanding of Basic rivals your knowledge of Katothwa Re...and your honor."

OOC: Sorry. That last comment was kind of a low blow. Bacs is getting kind of ticked. I think he's letting his headache get the better of him.

1 - OOC: Bacs is not referring to any special "Order" of warrior. Son of Darshek is merely another term for a Wochik, or for the Wochik people (remember that Tuvahn Darshek is the Father of Wo'n Darshekeen).

"Well Bacs, your nation will find that an alliance with the Kievis is a dead end. And as far as my being reasonable, well you'll soon find out how reasonable I am compared to others. Guard!!..."
IC The Leberite Empire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents