NATION

PASSWORD

The Young Elites [IC | Fantasy | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chineke
Secretary

Founded: Dec 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Chineke » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 pm

He pulled the chain and smiled as her finger caught it. Elias reset the chain, switching which hand he began with, as he talked to Elirea, making comments about how the odds are in her favor, how she's already won two out of the three preliminary rounds, so-on-and-so-forth. Elias finished the loop and placed his finger on the chain where he would pull. He looked at the audience, who had begun placing wagers on whether or not she could get it right three times in a row.

"How lucky do you feel, my friend?" he asked.

Elias had a plan for whether she won or lost this round, though he was hoping it was the latter. Either way he would offer her a double-or-nothing round, and do everything he could to ensure she would win the final round. Once she left a winner, other suckers would come up, and Elias would make plenty of money for the Society.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Revenant

"If there's Inquisition agents there, just move to the next one. I'll catch up eventually. Don't get in trouble."

"Same to you."

Peter walked away from Elirea, taking as many back alleyways as he could to get to the nearest tavern. It wasn't a fancy joint and didn't attract too many people. Perfect. Peter walked in and kept his hood pulled up, lowered his head to keep people from seeing his glowing eyes. He walked up to the Bar and slid onto one of the stools, waving over the barkeep, a young man that was about the same age as Peter.

"Give me a pint of beer and whatever food you have ready."

He hastily put a few Talents on the bar but remained calmed and steady.

Reeve paused at the entrance to the tavern. It wasn't anything like the kind of establishments his family used to frequent back in Beldain, but the Inquisition pay didn't grant a lavish lifestyle. He felt the bag of small rocks he kept on the exterior of his inquisition robes and decided it was a bit lighter than he would have liked. The triangle on his palm glowed as he levitated a bit of cobblestone from the ground up into his hand before he deposited it.

Stepping into the establishment, Reeve scanned the room for other agents, hoping to run into some the agents he was supposed to be reporting to. Seeing none, he walked over to a table in the corner and sat down, hoping the others would show up soon.

Lontistinnia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lontistinnia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Dmitri watched as a man with long robes entered the tavern. Something felt off about him, but there was nothing about him that suggested that he was an inquisition agent. A young man, who looked around the same age as him walked up to the counter and said "Give me a pint of beer and whatever food you have ready." He carefully observed the other person, he didn't see anything that gave away his allegiance, but he couldn't let his guard down. However not wanting to seem suspicious, he quickly replied "I'll go grab the beer before I bring the food, in the mean time, you can take a seat." as he grabbed a cup and started to fill it with beer. Once it was filled he passed it to the other man and turned to grab whatever was ready in the kitchen.

As Dmitri entered the kitchen, he was yet again greeted by the same miffed co-worker. "What is it now." said the co-worker still looking quite annoyed. "I'm grabbing something for a customer, why do you just assume that I did something wrong whenever I run into you?" he replied as he grabbed a bowl of stew and a questionable piece of bread. "It's because every time you do something you mess something up and give the worst excuses." his co-worker seemed to be getting fed up with his secrecy. "Ain't my fault that things go wrong." he replied as he went back to the front.

Ever since Dmitri began working at the tavern, he had kept a lot of things aside from his identity a close guarded secret from all the other workers. This lead inevitably to the other workers becoming very suspicious of him, which didn't help with his situation. He had to keep a very close balance between secrecy and safety. He had to keep things secret for his safety but if he didn't give out one or two secrets once in a while, his co-workers could get suspicious of him and start investigating him.

Whilst still thinking about his situation, Dmitri exited the kitchen and came back to the counter, he noticed the door open once more and let in another cloaked individual as he passed the stew and bread to the young man. "That's three gold talents, if there's anything else you need just ask." he said as he took three gold talents from the small pile that the young man had left on the counter.
Last edited by Lontistinnia on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Federation of Lontistinnia {-} "Fraternity and Brotherhood "
Set in: not!Earth Balkans | National Factbook | Time: '56

The Iskar region was once a messy collection of small Duchies and petty Kingdoms under the hegemony of a foreign power. After decades of repression and stagnation, the people revolted. As revolutions rock the continent, springtime has arrived in Iskar. United as one under the green banner, Lontistinna rises from the ashes of dead empires.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:27 am

Alia Petravic

Alia reluctantly glanced over the crowd, her mind torn. On one hand, she would like to go into the tavern and speak with the young man,whom had basically confirmed his occupation in the Inquistion. On another hand, she wasn't due for relief from her post for another two hours and she really wasn't supposed to leave.

Alia shrugged and slowly followed the young man in, where she sat at an empty table, pointedly leaving the chair across from her open for the young man to sit in. In the back, the same young man who beat her new companion still played his games, this time with a young, malfettos woman. Alia frowned. She might have to do something about that eventually.

Alia turned back to the young man she had come in with. " In order to familiarize myself with you, I am Alia. Who are you? And now, I assume you're with the Inquistion, basing off of you secrecy. So, what were you doing with him and what do thou know about him?" Alia pointed over her shoulder towards the young man with the cards. " I saw you lose to him earlier in some game."

Chineke
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chineke » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 am

Hothnia wrote:Alia Petravic

Alia reluctantly glanced over the crowd, her mind torn. On one hand, she would like to go into the tavern and speak with the young man,whom had basically confirmed his occupation in the Inquistion. On another hand, she wasn't due for relief from her post for another two hours and she really wasn't supposed to leave.

Alia shrugged and slowly followed the young man in, where she sat at an empty table, pointedly leaving the chair across from her open for the young man to sit in. In the back, the same young man who beat her new companion still played his games, this time with a young, malfettos woman. Alia frowned. She might have to do something about that eventually.

Alia turned back to the young man she had come in with. " In order to familiarize myself with you, I am Alia. Who are you? And now, I assume you're with the Inquistion, basing off of you secrecy. So, what were you doing with him and what do thou know about him?" Alia pointed over her shoulder towards the young man with the cards. " I saw you lose to him earlier in some game."

"My name is Lucian, codenamed Seer," he said, smiling, "And yes, I'm with the Inquisition. All I know is that he is a master of sleight-of-hand, he uses misdirection and nimble fingers to scam people out of their talents, or at least this is all saw when I looked through his eyes. As long as one doesn't bet too highly, one should be fine. As for what I was doing with him, well, it's rare that I get to come out among the populous, generally I simply use my curse to further the cause from the headquarters. I saw him and became curious as to if I could beat him without using my curse. Alas, I could not."

Lucian looked into her eyes, ensuring that he would later be able to look through them should he have too. He smiled softly placing a handful of gold talents on the table and offering her some.

"By the way, since I'm sure I pulled you away from your post," Lucian added, "your meal is on me. I thought you looked familiar, I assume we've simply passed each other now and then."

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Illusion~

Illusion pulled off his best pretend-hurt emotion as best as he could while carrying a body, even adding a mocked wince as he reacted to Adelina's name for him.

-"Oh no, how could you do this Ms. I-know-where-to-put-bodies, how could you?!"

He suppressed a snicker, reacting to his own antics before going back to his more 'professional' mood. Well, professional is an exaggeration, sober would be more like it.

-"Fine, you win once again, Adelina. Now I shall bestow upon you the prize, my name, which is just Harry. Which is bland, I know, but a name more better than Adelina at least..."

Harry winked, hinting that his name is better than hers, in a joking manner.

The rest of the body-carrying quest throughout the urban neighbourhood has been uneventful after that in Illusion's taste. Since the journey was shared in relative silence, with the only activities being looking around to prevent bumping into an unknowing bystander while hurriedly bringing the body to the rural side.

Once they reached the valid burial grounds, which is a farmland as based on the looks of it, he dropped his end of the body. Examined the surroundings for uninvited onlookers and leisurely breathdd in the atmosphere. Taking in the countryside he rarely saw save from paintings since his recruitment into the Inquisition.

Although his brief sight-seeing would be interrupted as Adelina ordered him to dig a grave for the misfortuned malfetto, while starting to dig herself.

-"Y'know, for a telepathic eavesdropper, you sure do get your hands dirty"

Illusion surveyed the surroundings once more before bending down on both knees and begin shovelling dirt with his own hands as well, not even bothering to don his gloves as usual.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:31 pm

I tilted my head at the chain. "Here," I said, placing my finger on my left loop to change it up. "Let's see if I can pull it off again." I wouldn't be surprised if he made me lose this one. That would make it all the more authentic, which is exactly what he needed to woo passerby to bet. In fact, some were betting on my chances right now.

"If I don't win his, I may just have to continue on to check if you're cheating," I said teasingly. Either way I would go past the preliminary rounds, as I am interested in grabbing some quick cash, even if only for the Society. Sometimes you just feel good after winning.

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Chineke
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chineke » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Dragonarya wrote:

I tilted my head at the chain. "Here," I said, placing my finger on my left loop to change it up. "Let's see if I can pull it off again." I wouldn't be surprised if he made me lose this one. That would make it all the more authentic, which is exactly what he needed to woo passerby to bet. In fact, some were betting on my chances right now.

"If I don't win his, I may just have to continue on to check if you're cheating," I said teasingly. Either way I would go past the preliminary rounds, as I am interested in grabbing some quick cash, even if only for the Society. Sometimes you just feel good after winning.

Elias' eyes went wide with legitimate surprise, though he quickly recovered, sure that no one but Elirea had seen the shock. She was good at this, and he was guessing she had noticed the trick early on. When he set the chain up so that it was a legitimate 50/50 chance, the best bet to win would be to place your finger in the loop on the side the chain hadn't dangled on when he set it up. He pulled the chain and it caught around her finger.

"You may be the luckiest woman I've met today," he said, his eyebrows raising and a playful, flirtatious smirk forming on his lips, "You won three out of three preliminary rounds! Tell you what, if you win the final round, I'll give seven talents. NO ONE can win four times in a row!"

He set the chain up the he had the first two times. Ace hoped she would choose the first loop again, seven talents was a small price to pay. Elias stepped back, placed his hand on the chain to pull, and gestured for her to choose her loop.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Alia Petravic

Alia snapped her fingers loudly. " I knew it! You're the one who can look into others eyes! I knew I recognized you." Alia let out a rare, but triumphant smile. " Good to meet you."

Alia glanced over her shoulder towards the other young man, grimacing. " You say he's a trickster? I'll have to check him out myself after this." Alia turned back to Lucian as he placed the gold talents on the table. She reached out and pocketed two of them, nodding her thanks to the young man across from her.

" So, Lucian, what brings you here today? Are you off duty enjoying yourself or is this some assignment you've been placed on?" Alia's eyesshifted nervously. " Don't worry about taking me off my post, nothing happens out there anyways." Alia glanced over her shoulder to watch the malfettos woman and the trickster continue to play their game. She seemed to be doing well, but how long would it last? It really didn't matter to Alia, she knew the woman would lose eventually. Alia returned her gaze to Lucian, scanning him up and down.

Chineke
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chineke » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:23 pm

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Alia. Technically I'm here to make more connections, the more people I have seen and connected with the more eyes I can see through," he answered, smiling, "Of course, this basically just means I'm out here and exploring the city, something I have not been able to do for years. Good luck if you try to take him on, he is swift with his hands. I watched through his eyes and barely noticed the moves, and I'm certain I missed some of them, as he wasn't always looking at his cards."

Lucian chuckled a bit, his purple eyes shimmering as light bounced off of them. This girl was sort of cute, but he was fairly certain that she wouldn't want anything to do with a malfetto. This didn't really bother him, though, as he knew he was cursed. It was something he had learned to live with, and it no longer phased him.

"This game that he's currently playing," the Seer added, "It does seem to be fairly legitimate. Perhaps an actual game of luck? It would be a good way to lure more people in to swindle them out of their talents."

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Revenant

"Thanks." Peter's voice was flat and didn't seem to contain any sincere gratitude. He swept the few remaining Talents back into his pocket and turned to take the food to one of the empty tables in the corner. "Shit," he whispered under his breath upon seeing two, no, Three Inquisition agents near the entrance. The first two looked to be having a conversation while the other was farther away, but seemed to have noticed his two companions.

Peter lowered his hood so they wouldn't see his eyes, and stealthily moved to the farthest empty table he could find from the agents. Hunger still clawed at his gut, so he began to devour his meal, anxiously.

Reeve Miel

Noticing two Inquisition agents talking by the door, Reeve stood up and made his way over. "Excuse me, but I am a bit new to this area, and I was having a bit of a difficult time finding exactly who I was supposed to report to." Reeve stuck out his hand, "I'm Reeve Miel, the new agent from Beldain. It's a pleasure to meet you both."

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Alia Petravic

Alia nodded thoughtfully. " I see." She glanced off to the side of the wall, lost in thought and shifted in her seat. " It would be nice to explore the city one day, see more of it than the gloomy Inquistion towers and the overcrowded marketplaces. Perhaps other places as well...move heard rural Kennetra is pleasant." Shaking her dreamy thoughts off, Alia returned her gaze to Lucian.

" You say he's not cheating? Perhaps getting incredibly lucky? Or a well oiled talent? What can I do to beat him, if anything?" Alia leaned forward expectantly. " Oh, and I must say Lucian, it very good to meet another Young Elite that is not openly hostile to me. You don't tend to find many others in the Inquistion and those I have to round up are not very cooperative." Alia smiled grimly. " Not very friendly at all." She shrugged. " I'm just doing my job though."

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:44 am

I frowned as he worked the chain. There actually seemed to be a trick to this; although I'd just guessed the previous rounds, I could now see that his hands moved slightly differently than last time. This wasn't a scam at all; this was something you had to be prepared for.

"Here," I said, tapping the side I'd originally picked. I grinned. It was ironic, really; I'd been using sarcasm when I'd bet two talents he couldn't trick me, but now I could earn seven for actually fulfilling the deal. Odd.

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Chineke
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chineke » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Dragonarya wrote:

I frowned as he worked the chain. There actually seemed to be a trick to this; although I'd just guessed the previous rounds, I could now see that his hands moved slightly differently than last time. This wasn't a scam at all; this was something you had to be prepared for.

"Here," I said, tapping the side I'd originally picked. I grinned. It was ironic, really; I'd been using sarcasm when I'd bet two talents he couldn't trick me, but now I could earn seven for actually fulfilling the deal. Odd.

Elias pulled the chain, feigning shock when it hooked around her finger. He announced her victory and handed over the talents. He glanced around and saw a line of people forming, ready to lose their hard-earned talents in what had appeared to be a fair game. Of course, it wasn't, and he was ready to prove that with the next few suckers in line!

"Thank you for your time m'am," he said to Elirea, "And congratulations!"

He gave her a wink before moving on to the next 'player'.

Alia nodded thoughtfully. " I see." She glanced off to the side of the wall, lost in thought and shifted in her seat. " It would be nice to explore the city one day, see more of it than the gloomy Inquistion towers and the overcrowded marketplaces. Perhaps other places as well...move heard rural Kennetra is pleasant." Shaking her dreamy thoughts off, Alia returned her gaze to Lucian.

" You say he's not cheating? Perhaps getting incredibly lucky? Or a well oiled talent? What can I do to beat him, if anything?" Alia leaned forward expectantly. " Oh, and I must say Lucian, it very good to meet another Young Elite that is not openly hostile to me. You don't tend to find many others in the Inquistion and those I have to round up are not very cooperative." Alia smiled grimly. " Not very friendly at all." She shrugged. " I'm just doing my job though."

"I'm sad to say that I've had this experience as well with the other Young Elites." Lucian replied, sighing. His thoughts then turned to what she had mentioned before, his eyes gleaming and a smile forming on his face, "I've heard wonderful things about the rural parts of Kennetra! Perhaps we could visit there sometime!"

It was at this moment that Reeve had walked up. Lucian extended his hand and shook Reeve's, introducing himself and welcoming him.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:41 am

Alia Petravic

Alia smiled brightly. " Yes, that would be wonderful!" Her smile dampened slightly. " Alas, it seems I'm never off work. I've actually never left the city either, so it won't be easy to do so, at least for me. Say, where do you come from? Have you ever left the city?" Despite Lucian's odd appearance and relaxed attitude, Alia was beginning to like the man. He had been kind to her, and it was a rarity to find that in the city.

As Reeve approached, Alia stood and tried her best to give a welcoming smile and curtsied. " Good day Reeve! I'm Alia, a fellow agent as you obviously know. It's a pleasure to meet you as well." Alia looked over her shoulder. " In a mere two hours, I am to report back to my local Headquarters for reassignment. If you would like, you could come back with me and they'll direct you to where you need to go."

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Alia smiled brightly. " Yes, that would be wonderful!" Her smile dampened slightly. " Alas, it seems I'm never off work. I've actually never left the city either, so it won't be easy to do so, at least for me. Say, where do you come from? Have you ever left the city?" Despite Lucian's odd appearance and relaxed attitude, Alia was beginning to like the man. He had been kind to her, and it was a rarity to find that in the city.

As Reeve approached, Alia stood and tried her best to give a welcoming smile and curtsied. " Good day Reeve! I'm Alia, a fellow agent as you obviously know. It's a pleasure to meet you as well." Alia looked over her shoulder. " In a mere two hours, I am to report back to my local Headquarters for reassignment. If you would like, you could come back with me and they'll direct you to where you need to go."

Reeve Smiled and looked rather relieved. "Thank you so much, that would be greatly appreciated."

Peter kept eyeing the Inquisition agents from under the security of his hood. If they managed to catch a glimpse of his eyes, they were sure to investigate and if that happened things were bound to get ugly...

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse