NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(IC, app in the OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aleyskia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aleyskia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Sofia

Sighing once again as a textbook slapped the boy in the face after his rather long rant, Sofia quickly muttered to herself something about cursing angry children. Literally cursing. She knew something had to be done about Jim, but so far nobody had any USEFUL ideas. She made sure to project that last thought very forcefully into the (Bear? Human? Misc?) boy's mind. Also, the boy should keep in mind that she can hear his thoughts. And she does NOT dress like a witch. Her shirt just so happened to be black. Like her pants. And hat. And shoes. It's not important.

Turning her attention off of her admittedly odd fashion choice and back to the situation at hand, she immediately noticed that the feral boy had sustained several wounds. Wait, feral boy? Switching back to telepathy for a second: "Hey dog-bear-human guy, since we appear to be working together here, how about a name?" She did a slight curtsy, one hand outstretched and another tucked across her stomach, "saying" with her brain,

"Sofia Baker, Sorceress of the Dark Arts, at your service. To an extent. You may want to have your wounds checked. I haven't gotten around to learning healing spells. Considering in black and/or dark magic there are none." Thinking to herself for a moment, she nodded abruptly and flicked her finger, surrounding the Beast Boy in a green aura. "No need to thank me. Simple shield spell. No you'll be safe from the terrifying evil textbooks", she "said" while physically giggling slightly. Not that he'd be able to hear it over the tornado.
my name is Cow,
and wen its nite,
or wen the moon
is shiyning brite,
and all the men
haf gon to bed -
i stay up late.
i lik the bred.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:13 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:...

''Alrighty then...,'' Bu dryly replied to Arturo or Aegis's attempt at humour. Or that was probably what he was usually like...Why do I even give a damn?

Trailing behind Aegis as the pair took off into the streets of a foreign nations Bu bore witness to images of chaos and what resembled apoclayptic scenes of anarchy. Though they tried to remain inconspicuous there were times when they were engaged by hostiles. The brief skirmishes proved to be no trouble though for the 2 Warhounds.

As Aegis's special device of alien design repulsed attacks Bu would emerge from the rear to return a barrage of deadly steel-tipped bullets from his assault rifle, his tirelessly honed shooting always finding the head or the heart. Specially chosen for maximal penetration against enemies wearing Kevlar they would be the killing blow for those who dared disrupt their otherwise peaceful advance through the streets of Venezuela. There would be no mercy from him, he had a mission to complete.

As they hopped from one position to another Bu speculated as to the cause of such anarchy. This sort of magnitude would soon warrant an international response surely. We need to get out of here ASAP he bluntly concluded as he glanced at the back of Arturo as they ducked behind another damaged car.

Having reached the mall both of them had seen the van. Unfortunately that same van had a hole punched through it by a superhuman who had flame-like powers.

''Any ideas, King?'' Aegis asked him.

Nibbling his lip Bu quickly surveyed and summarized their situation.

Turning to Arturo he advised him, ''In any other situation stealth would be the optimal approach but given the good chance these are superhumans, seemingly untrained but nonetheless superhuman, whose abilities are unknown to us...''

Reaching into his vest he pulled out his last magazine and within a second had smoothly changed clips. Taking off his balaclava to reveal his sweat drenched, bald oriental face Bu continued, ''I believe that I should engage them from a distance given my loadout,'' his head nodded in a gesture to his black assault rifle with its configured 4x ACOG scope complemented by a reflex sight fixed atop, ''its possible that they will be lured to my position given their undisciplined nature. If not I'll be the one closing the distance on these fools.

Either ways it should be enough of a distraction for you to get behind them and hotwire any working vehicle you come across. If you are successful I'll withdraw and you pick me up. If you are not we regroup and look elsewhere.''

Tapping his ear which held his tactical bone conduction communication line he finished with, ''And the utilization of comms to our advantage over our enemies shall be our greatest weapon in an engagement like this, Aegis.''
Last edited by Vanquaria on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 am

Aleyskia wrote:Sofia

Sighing once again as a textbook slapped the boy in the face after his rather long rant, Sofia quickly muttered to herself something about cursing angry children. Literally cursing. She knew something had to be done about Jim, but so far nobody had any USEFUL ideas. She made sure to project that last thought very forcefully into the (Bear? Human? Misc?) boy's mind. Also, the boy should keep in mind that she can hear his thoughts. And she does NOT dress like a witch. Her shirt just so happened to be black. Like her pants. And hat. And shoes. It's not important.

Turning her attention off of her admittedly odd fashion choice and back to the situation at hand, she immediately noticed that the feral boy had sustained several wounds. Wait, feral boy? Switching back to telepathy for a second: "Hey dog-bear-human guy, since we appear to be working together here, how about a name?" She did a slight curtsy, one hand outstretched and another tucked across her stomach, "saying" with her brain,

"Sofia Baker, Sorceress of the Dark Arts, at your service. To an extent. You may want to have your wounds checked. I haven't gotten around to learning healing spells. Considering in black and/or dark magic there are none." Thinking to herself for a moment, she nodded abruptly and flicked her finger, surrounding the Beast Boy in a green aura. "No need to thank me. Simple shield spell. No you'll be safe from the terrifying evil textbooks", she "said" while physically giggling slightly. Not that he'd be able to hear it over the tornado.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Please, regale me with all of your ideas!" Wander shouted, as she projected her disapproval directly into his mind. "Surely they'll be better than the actual plans I've put forward, otherwise you wouldn't be insulting them so much! Come on, tell me!"

And then he listened again, as she tried to convince him that she was not, in fact, dressed like a witch. This statement alone drained most of the anger right out of him.

What? Of course you are. He thought blankly, realising that it would probably be easier for her to him over the chaos that way. I may not be that smart, but I can recognise a witches hat. If you can't, then that means you're the real moron here...

That was when, apparently in a small change of heart, she asked for his name, introducing herself in the process. She also suggested he get his 'injuries' looked at, a notion which caused him to smirk in amusement.

Lady, I can tell you right now that these don't even deserve to be called 'injuries', not after the kind of stuff I dealt with in the past. They're scratches, at best. And the names Wander, nice to meet ya!

And then his smirk turned to an irritated frown.

Or at least it would be, in better circumstances.

It was here that the girl snapped her fingers, casting her shield spell around him, and explaining what it was. She also laughed at him.

Oh, well thanks for that. I mean, actually putting me back on the ground would probably be preferable, but sti-

He was promptly silenced when, rather than something of a similar size to the objects that had hit him previously, a desk smashed against his head, breaking in the process. Thankfully, the shield prevented too much further injury, but the force of the larger object was still enough to knock his head to the side.

"I swear to god, kid..." He growled, before simply sighing. "This better not keep happening..."

And don't think I haven't noticed you laughing at me! He mentally shouted. It may be hard to hear over the chaos, but I still have eyes! Even then, this isn't as funny as you essentially admitting to being a witch!

He sighed again, trying to think as more and more objects began to collide with him.

Anyway, I suppose we should think of a new plan... Oh, how about this! How about instead of grabbing and immobilising me, you magically immobilise the kid whose actually causing all of this? Is that plan acceptable, or am I still a dumb child not worth listening to? And would it help if I added more expletives, because I can tell you right now that doing so would certainly go a long way to making me feel better!

He looked to the boy who was still making his tornado even larger.

Of course, the other option would be to let our wannabe airbender here destroy this school. If you have a better plan, I'd suggest putting it forward before actual innocents get hurt, and I have to get serious...

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Jessica Ghunsverd
Hero: Usteldt
Art School, San Diego

Jessica moves into the room a little bit, sighing a bit. She moves close, looking to the large motley crew, "Well? I know we all saw the giant typhoon, but do we really need so many people here? Seems a bit excessive." She then sees a book be launched at her from the typhoon, reflexively stabbing it with her knife before it hits her face. She looks to the wizard girl, the bear person. She then returns to the typhoon kid, "either one of you calm him down, or just knock him unconscious. I like the second option, quicker."

The Architect inside of her watch then noted, "it seems there are others who have gone crazy with their powers."

"Thanks Archie."

"... it is just Architect..."

"Right."

She then takes the book, pushing it off her knife. The book then gets swooped up again by the typhoon, swirling and hitting the bear shapeshifter. "Ah, well, at least he isn't gobbling up noxious chemicals in this typhoon," She says, a bit cheesily. She looks up, "we should deal with this kid so we can, y'know, stop the other people going crazy. Seems a ton of people have gone mad."
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Trowulani Knights
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trowulani Knights » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 pm

The Emissary
Omar Guarita Hideouts, Caracas, Venezuela

Another day, another job. Technically, Zhuldys worked for some shady government organization with unhealthy obsession for child soldiers. In the end though, it's not far different from being a hired gun. Sometime he didn't really get why the mission needs to be done, especially when it seems like a random mission that is shadier than government should be. Not that he was complaining though, at least it was better than having to deal with the Emissaries and Ambassadors of other Courts in the Forgotten City.

As usual, Eagle Eye would send an escape vehicle to retrieve the team back to their base. Now they were waiting for the helicopter that should evacuate them soon. The Emissary chose to wait near the edge of the building, using his mind to sense the ambient Magic swirling all around him while observing the starry sky. Suddenly, a wave of confusion and anger swept throu all of his sense. Something had just happened, something huge and chaotic and made a lot of people angry. He looked up and saw the helicopter they had been waiting for burning and calling from the sky.

More problems to be dealt with, all in a day's work.

At least the chaotic energy around him fueled his Magic and inflamed his vigor. The Cobra Queen swiftly commanded the team to find a way out and find what on Earth had happened here. One by one they jumped from the building tops and landed on Earth below. The Emissary's robes wasn't exactly appropriate for jumping around, but it was good for gliding. He conjured a firestorm down below and used the hot air rising up to aid his glide and safely landed. He took some time to dim the blazing fire before return to the group.

Now that he stood in the middle of the chaos, Zhuldys could see why his Magic had been stirring violently. Everywhere people ran in fear, and in some places there might be a small fire or two. The night had burned into discord, with destruction and anarchy ran amok. It seemed like suddenly there were mobs of powered human flooding the city. That couldn't be true. His eyes showed nothing was different safe for the anarchy, still his sense was tingling with the amount of ambient energy hanging on the air. If it was true, then it would be hard to find a way out.

"So," The Emissary spoke with heavy accent, as of his mouth had never uttered a word in English "What do we do now?"

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 am

Akira Yasunaga, San Diego
Thomsen High

For any whatever reasons available, he went into the Thomsen High against his better judgment. Not the best thing to be done, especially since he has no combat trainings, like at all. Such is sad life, one which he didn't mind at all. Apparently, a chaos had been made within the insides of the High, but unfortunately it was not quite known what happened. He hacked through the communication channels inside, and at the same time unwilling to hacked longer seeing that Craig Thomsen probably put on high-level security on its network and could tracked him any time.

At the same time he may not be able to do much, but some things are meant to be intervened. He could put on drone to watch out for surveying, but at the same time, he couldn't do much without risking his identity to be revealed, and let's not getting into Lycan angry at his self-risky intervention without their consent.

"Let out the drones," as he put on the drones on the sky. Only for surveying and scouting, nothing much. Lightly armed too, at that.
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 am

Amos McKenzie Morgan III
[Southpaw]
Thomsen High School, San Diego

Tomia wrote:
Thomsen High, San Diego, California, 2:30 PM

Mars Asarin sighed as he sat in his 9th period math class, counting the seconds for the bell to ring and the day to be over. He hated being forced to sit in high school when he should reasonably be working on his first doctorate degree by now. His grand parents insisted he live a "normal" life however so he here was. He had to admit, his high school was nicer than most. All the classrooms had high tech computers and air conditioners. They had two very large gyms, a pool, and even a special facility for supers to train their powers. It was funded by tech billionaire Craig Thomson, someone he hoped to get an internship with one day. As he sat there, not even bothering to take notes, he heard a sudden crash and a scream coming from a nearby science lab.

"Jimmy, calm down!" Mars could hear Mr. Andrews, one of the school's science teachers, shout. Mars and a bunch of other students ran out of class towards the classroom to see one of their classmates, Jimmy Mathers, at the center of a small tornado swirling around the room. "No, I hate this place!" Jimmy shouted as a desk chair slammed into a nearby window.

While others started running away in fear, Mars headed towards the boys’ bathroom with a purpose. In his school bag sat his collapsible armor that he kept for emergencies, and if this wasn't an emergency...

He sprinted into a stall and emerged a few minutes later wearing sleek black combat armor; a helmet also covered his head, with a visor that was currently open to reveal his face. The armor was pretty basic, but it had a few non-lethal tricks and would protect him well enough trying to get Jimmy and others to safety.

However just as he entered the room a desk came flying towards him, and Mars just barely managed to dodge in time. Unfortunately dodging meant he was knocked into the room's sink. Mars rubbed his helmet covered head instinctively, "This is going to be harder than I thought..."

Before the chaos had stirred up Thomsen High School and tables started flying, Amos Morgan was in the midst of a free practice session in gym class. Wailing away on the punching bags with practiced precision, Amos looked over to the center of the gym where a few superhumans were sprawled out on the mat.

"Come on Jefferson, I want to see some effort!" The gym teacher called out, watching two boys wrestle each other into the floor. "I know you've got the muscle, you just need the technique!" Jefferson, a boy covered in reptilian scales, grunted as his opponent used his elasticity powers to wrap around him. Jefferson writhed and flexed, but the stretchy bit was always just a bit out of his grasp, and he was eventually taken down.

As the coach berated the boy, and then proceeded with the teaching, Amos continued to pound away at the practice equipment. Sure he wasn't powered, but he tried his hardest when it came down to what needed to be done, that was how he survived the mean streets of New York as well as this San Diego super school (his streets weren't too mean, but still; reputation). Done with his practice for the day, and mundane enough to slip under the coach's notice undetected, Amos packed up and left the gym to try and beat the traffic home.

And then the mini-disaster struck, Amos running down the hall to see Jimmy going wild and almost a half dozen students (of various schools, no less; there was at least one college student there) and a teacher surrounding him and trying to calm him down. Still in his gym clothes, Amos put his bags to he side and walked forward carefully, letting everyone say their peace as he waited for more mayhem or the chaos to end. "We don't need to fight, let's just finish up the school day without an incident." Amos' voice was clear to hear even throughout the din of the storm, speaking loud and with authority to even the college students.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Neutrality Foundation
Secretary

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neutrality Foundation » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Neutrality Foundation wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
"Sounds like a plan." Wendy said before running back over to the hot dog cart. Climbing on top of it she watched as Koh slowly winched the girl down with some sort of energy field. When the girl got to within mere inches of her Wendy lunged, hoping her body weight would be enough to drag the girl back down to earth. Luckily her theory proved to be true, as her feet touched the pavement moments later. Grabbing the cart for support Wendy curled her body around the girl to keep her new powers from carrying them both off into the clouds again.

"You want to hurry up with tying her off?" She asked the other girl. "I'm not sure how long I can hold her without both of us flying off into space."

Straining to pull the floating girl down, Koh barely registered the dark haired girl as she jumped bringing the floater back to Earth. The girls prompts pulled her back though and she released the energy, looking for anything to help keep floaty from dragging them off.

She searched the hot dog cart, coming across a few bungee cords.

"Got it!" She wrapped a bungee around the flying girls waist, then tied it to the handle of the cart.

"Alright, we should be good!"

The girls separated, slowly making sure no one would be slipping off to space soon. The bungee held fast and the floating girl held the handle of the cart, her feet above her head.

"Not actually sure what to do with her now..." Koh trailed off. "Maybe the police?"

She turned to the girl who helped her. "Any ideas?"

Just as Koh asked, a woman came running up to them.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed. "Let her go!"

The woman began pulling on the floating girl.

"Mom!" The girl yelled. "I can't get down!"

The woman turned furiously at the two standing stunned.

"Let her down! What are you doing?!" The woman rounded on the dark haired girl.

Koh stepped between them feeling the pain of the mothers terror.

"Calm down. We aren't doing anything to her. It seems she's lost control of her ability to fly."

"That's impossible! What did you do to her?!" The woman began tugging the girl to the ground.

"Nothing..." Koh said confused.

At a loss for words, the two stared as the woman forced the girls feet to the ground, then gave up and began dragging her away.

Sirens were swarming the area as help arrived to the scene. Relief helped her ignore the pull from the pain of the injured and terrified. She took a breathe calming herself.

As Koh looked around she took note of the many oddities. The guy fearfully examining the scales on his body, the girl trying to pull a cart off her arm as it magnetically stuck, so many people were randomly losing control of themselves...or...

Koh nearly gasped. The girl said she had no powers...were these people just suddenly getting them? Was that even a thing that could happen?
It would explain the lack of control.

Koh looked at the sky that clouded over so suddenly just as the insanity began.

"Hey," Koh turned to the dark haired girl. "Have you ever heard of a group of people just suddenly gaining powers? Maybe one or two close by, but like a large group in one area? That can't be normal right?"

A parade of police drove through the street in front of them, a firetruck trailing behind.

Aleyskia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aleyskia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Thomsen High School:

Sofia, still struggling with Wander, odd name, wrapped in her aura, noticed rather passively that yet another person had entered the room. As she started talking Sofia tuned in, wondering if she had a good idea. Listening to her, Sofia somewhat tightened her grip on Wander to make sure he didn't get out, and turned to address the new arrival. "Wonderful day we 're having, isn't it? The name's Sofia, formally, a Sorceress of the Dark Arts. Informally... A witch." She grumbled the last part, glancing sideways at Wander.

"Now, out of curiosity, is there a reason I can't read your mind? Not that there's a problem with that, I can understand not wanting someone invading your thoughts, but usually I can get a read on people. You, on the other hand, are resisting my attempts extremely successfully. As for the boy floating in the air, Wander, yes that's his actual name, no I don't know why, he's been trying to maul the young man at the center of this tornado, Jimmy, for several minutes now. He wants to slap Jimmy until he can't make a tornado anymore, but there has to be some other way to stop him."

She noticed another person walk in, saying something about not wanting to fight. Sofia nodded before switching back to telepathy and "talking" to the three of them. "I whole heartedly agree. Although some want him beaten to submission, no offense Wander, I believe there are ways to solve this peacefully. I do have an idea, but I will not use it unless we are in agreement. Long story short, I can, sort of, project my will upon others. Basically I possess them without losing control of my own body and mind. DO NOT CALL ME A DEMON. 2 different things."
Last edited by Aleyskia on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my name is Cow,
and wen its nite,
or wen the moon
is shiyning brite,
and all the men
haf gon to bed -
i stay up late.
i lik the bred.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Aleyskia wrote:Thomsen High School:

"Wizard Girl? What?"
Sofia was rather offended. Why couldn't anyone get it right? She was, in fact, not a wizard. However, this girl was clearly older than her, so Sofia decided to be respectful. And answer the rest of what she said.

"Not to be rude, ma'am, but I'm actually a... witch." She deadpanned the last part, glancing sideways at Wander. "...Formally, a Sorceress of the Dark Arts. And in case you're wondering how I know that you called me a wizard girl, you have nothing, technological, genetical, or magical, protecting your mind. So easy to read. As for the boy, Wander, yes that's his actual name, no I don't know why, he's been trying to maul the young man at the center of this tornado, Jimmy, for several minutes now. He wants to slap Jimmy until he can't make a tornado anymore, but there has to be some other way to stop him."

She noticed another person walk in, saying something about not wanting to fight. Sofia nodded before switching back to telepathy and "talking" to the three of them. "I whole heartedly agree. Although some want him beaten to submission, no offense Wander, I believe there are ways to solve this peacefully. I do have an idea, but I will not use it unless we are in agreement. Long story short, I can, sort of, project my will upon others. Basically I possess them without losing control of my own body and mind. DO NOT CALL ME A DEMON. 2 different things."

"Ok, that was just a blatant lie!" Wander shouted. "At what point did I mention mauling the kid?! I want to stop him, not kill him!"

And then he turned to the others.

"And just to clarify, my plan was to simulate a fight, and let him smack me around for a bit. I'm able to take the hits even without the shield spell our witch friend put on me, so he could beat me up until he'd worked all his frustrations out! Failing that, I'd web him to the ground, immobilising him until he calmed down! I still don't see how either of those were bad ideas!"

And then he started half-heartedly struggling against the magical hand that held him. As he did so, however, he began thinking a new message over to Sofia, hoping that she wasn't also transmitting it telepathically to everyone else.

Hey, would it be possible for us to distract the kid somehow? Like maybe get into an argument so vicious and bad that even he gets uncomfortable, and maybe decides to tune down the chaos a bit? Meanwhile, the others can work on him, calming him down? I mean, I know its a crap plan, but I'm not exactly used to people being open to reason... Alternatively, I can replicate an animal that usually calms people down, and then you slowly send me into the tornado. If you keep a strong enough hold on me, it might be enough to keep me from getting blown away, you know?

And then he looked back to Jimmy.

Or, you know, we could always follow my last plan, where you just grab Jimmy and prevent him from moving, which could stop the tornado all together. Then we can all have a nice, peaceful chat about how nice school actually is... Or at least, how good it probably is... I never actually got to go.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Neutrality Foundation wrote:"Not actually sure what to do with her now..." Koh trailed off. "Maybe the police?"

She turned to the girl who helped her. "Any ideas?"[/spoiler]

Wendy simple stared back at her, petrified at the thought of going anywhere near a police officer. She'd spent the last year avoiding police officers, and certainly didn't want to hand herself back over to them. "That sounds like a good idea." She said, looking back at the other girl as she planned her escape. “You go find one and I’ll see if anyone else…”

Wendy trailed off as an angry looking woman cornered the two girls, asking what they had done to her daughter. The moms anger quickly turned towards Wendy, as if she was the one responsible for all this madness. A part of Wendy couldn’t help but wonder if she was right. Maybe this was tied to one of the heists she had participated in. Before things could escalate any further though, her new friend stepped in to defuse the situation.

As the mother walked away with her daughter, Wendy looked around at all the people experiencing their new-found powers. “I don’t know what’s going on.” She said to her new friend. “I’ve never seen or heard of anything like this before.”

Spying a smart phone left on the pavement, Wendy knelt down and stared at the device for half a minute before blinking and standing back up. “And whatever’s going on isn’t just happening in San Diego. Their getting reports of things like this around the world.”

“We should get going.” She added, eyeing the police cruisers speeding down the street. “I don’t want to be here when the police start questioning people.”

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:45 pm

"Pues, Senor Gonzalez," Horacio began, explaining to the middle aged farmer as he prepared for his work, "what we have hear is a rather common bogart. Usually, they're content with eating small bit of food you've prepared, and your ills would have been done." He looked up from the various materials on the rug below him, some mundane like cheese and salt, others more... alchemical in nature, bubbling or foaming slightly. "However, you've done something that really pissed this one off."

Indeed, Mr. Gonzalez had, as a short look at the property showed with its overturned grass, torn walls, and ruined crops, pissed the bogart off. "Now, you listen to-

"So, we're going to be doing a little couples therapy today. Bogart! Come here please!" A small cat came out from below the house, and sat down in front of Horacio before hissing at the man.

"You have to be kidding me."

"Mr. Gonzalez, did you recently purchase another large swathe of land?" Horacio pressed the farmer, whom steamed angrily but kept quiet.

"That would be a yes." The medium made a small note on a pad of paper, "And can you tell me how you received this money?"

"Found it."

"You found it, yes, that explains the strange stone you sold to a mysterious individual. Apparently, the bogart rather liked the stone." Horacio stood up, potion in one hand and a sandwich in the other. "Your services are no longer needed, little guy." Horacio threw the sandwich at the cat, and it quickly disappeared with it. Mr. Gonzalez boiled with a quiet rage.

Horacio took a sip of the fizzing potion, made a sound of satisfaction, and snapped his finger, creating a small purple flicker on the end of his digits. Horacio's expression turned a little puzzled for a moment. "Was this stone glowing? Did it have a certain.... hum to it?"

Gonzalez was sweating now. Horacio nodded and took another sip before cutting off the flame.

"That'll be all. Good luck with your property." Horacio walked away. Gonzalez sighed, staring out at the carnage.

The stones are not going to stay a secret much longer. Before long, people will be trampling the fields just to get a chance at prospecting for those damned rocks. Horacio finished his drink and felt the grimness setting in once more. How long before I'm not enough?
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Neutrality Foundation
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neutrality Foundation » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Neutrality Foundation wrote:"Not actually sure what to do with her now..." Koh trailed off. "Maybe the police?"

She turned to the girl who helped her. "Any ideas?"
Just as Koh asked, a woman came running up to them.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed. "Let her go!"

The woman began pulling on the floating girl.

"Mom!" The girl yelled. "I can't get down!"

The woman turned furiously at the two standing stunned.

"Let her down! What are you doing?!" The woman rounded on the dark haired girl.

Koh stepped between them feeling the pain of the mothers terror.

"Calm down. We aren't doing anything to her. It seems she's lost control of her ability to fly."

"That's impossible! What did you do to her?!" The woman began tugging the girl to the ground.

"Nothing..." Koh said confused.

At a loss for words, the two stared as the woman forced the girls feet to the ground, then gave up and began dragging her away.

Sirens were swarming the area as help arrived to the scene. Relief helped her ignore the pull from the pain of the injured and terrified. She took a breathe calming herself.

As Koh looked around she took note of the many oddities. The guy fearfully examining the scales on his body, the girl trying to pull a cart off her arm as it magnetically stuck, so many people were randomly losing control of themselves...or...

Koh nearly gasped. The girl said she had no powers...were these people just suddenly getting them? Was that even a thing that could happen?
It would explain the lack of control.

Koh looked at the sky that clouded over so suddenly just as the insanity began.

"Hey," Koh turned to the dark haired girl. "Have you ever heard of a group of people just suddenly gaining powers? Maybe one or two close by, but like a large group in one area? That can't be normal right?"

A parade of police drove through the street in front of them, a firetruck trailing behind.
Wendy simple stared back at her, petrified at the thought of going anywhere near a police officer. She'd spent the last year avoiding police officers, and certainly didn't want to hand herself back over to them. "That sounds like a good idea." She said, looking back at the other girl as she planned her escape. “You go find one and I’ll see if anyone else…”

Wendy trailed off as an angry looking woman cornered the two girls, asking what they had done to her daughter. The moms anger quickly turned towards Wendy, as if she was the one responsible for all this madness. A part of Wendy couldn’t help but wonder if she was right. Maybe this was tied to one of the heists she had participated in. Before things could escalate any further though, her new friend stepped in to defuse the situation.

As the mother walked away with her daughter, Wendy looked around at all the people experiencing their new-found powers. “I don’t know what’s going on.” She said to her new friend. “I’ve never seen or heard of anything like this before.”

Spying a smart phone left on the pavement, Wendy knelt down and stared at the device for half a minute before blinking and standing back up. “And whatever’s going on isn’t just happening in San Diego. Their getting reports of things like this around the world.”

“We should get going.” She added, eyeing the police cruisers speeding down the street. “I don’t want to be here when the police start questioning people.”

With a hum, Koh nodded. Police had their place of course, but the less she had to deal with them the better.

Taking off down the street she took note of the destroyed streets littered with debris from building material. The crowds of people everywhere only added to the chaos.

The duo ran into an alley and began making their way away from the explosion site where the building had fallen, something Koh was very grateful for. The pain of everyone's wounds and fear were making her ill. The Flame of Life begging to escape and be put to use, if only to make the pull of the outside worlds pain quiet down.

The two stopped a moment to catch their breathe in a moment of calmness. Koh let the white flame flow through her veins a moment, helping her fight the tiredness creeping in.

She turned to study the girl she'd partnered with in the insanity of the world's mess. She was dark haired, like herself, with dark eyes whose color she couldn't quite make out.

Sticking out a hand to shake, Koh introduced herself.

"Koh Indigo. Thanks for helping me back there!"
Last edited by Neutrality Foundation on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 pm

Thomson High
Jimmy noticed a girl next to him as he was causing a tornado within his science lab. She was speaking calmly and didn't seem too aggressive. "People here are awful! And now I can finally fight back!" He said to her when suddenly other people began to swarm into the room which only seemed to set him off.

"Leave me ALONE!" He shouted, using a nearby desk to slam a whole in the wall. He then moved outside a tornado beneath him propelling him at high speeds. He made his way to the nearby soccer field, standing on a set of bleachers as the wind swirled around him.

Mars meanwhile pushed himself off the ground, seeing the strange man with the giant arm walking towards him. "What the hell?..." Mars asked himself softly, forgetting about Jimmy momentarily. Just then Amanda who had been trying to talk Jimmy down turned to Mars. "Amanda? What are you doing here?" He said, flipping up his visor to reveal his face. Amanda was a friend of his who he had a few classes with. She was kinder to him than most kids at the school. Then he saw Amos and Luke arrive, and he realized this situation could be getting out of hand. He didn't know either of them well, but neither had seemed like bad people and Mars didn't want them to get hurt. Then again, he was kind of desperate and could use the help.

"Alright everyone, Jimmy here is dangerous to himself and others. We need to stop him. Can any of you, you know... do anything?" It seemed awkward to ask people he barely knew if they had super powers, but he needed to ask it somehow. "If not you should get to safety, there's no reason for anyone else to get hurt." Just as he said that the tornado surrounding Jimmy picked up speed, ripping up the ground beneath him and throwing it around menacingly.

"We need to do something now! Come on!" Mars shouted, running out towards the field. Without any of his real equipment he wasn't sure what he was going to do, but he needed to do something.

Warhounds
"You can complain later Jane, for now just focus on staying alive." Cobra said as she took tentative steps toward the city's streets. The situation looked bleak indeed. Most people seemed to have taken to the streets, and the police had set up barricades and check points every view blocks, clearly trying to maintain order as angry crowds of people began to form throughout the city.

Sonia saw a tall apartment building a block away from the camp. "Well, that looks like a good place to scout from. We could see most of the city from there. We could even stay there over night if we have t-"

"Get out of here snake freak!"

Cobra turned as she was suddenly interrupted by someone shouting at her. A group of men stood a dozen yards from her. One of them was holding a baseball bat, another holding a knife, and other half a dozen or so had similar household items turned weapons. "People like you are ruining this world!" The leader shouted.

Sonia merely rolled her eyes, she was used to this kind of behavior when she transformed. She turned to her teammates behind her, clearly not amused. "Deal with them please, non lethal if you can. But don't put yourselves at risk. I'm going to go scout out that apartment." With that she ran off again, leaping onto a nearby building and scaling the rooftops toward her target, leaving the others to clean up the thugs. The thugs began to look more and more disgruntled and instead of chase after Cobra on the rooftops, they charged after the rest who were still on the ground.
Last edited by Tomia on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Jessica Ghunsverd
Hero: Usteldt
Art School, San Diego

Tomia wrote:Thomson High
Jimmy noticed a girl next to him as he was causing a tornado within his science lab. She was speaking calmly and didn't seem too aggressive. "People here are awful! And now I can finally fight back!" He said to her when suddenly other people began to swarm into the room which only seemed to set him off.

"Leave me ALONE!" He shouted, using a nearby desk to slam a whole in the wall. He then moved outside a tornado beneath him propelling him at high speeds. He made his way to the nearby soccer field, standing on a set of bleachers as the wind swirled around him.

Mars meanwhile pushed himself off the ground, seeing the strange man with the giant arm walking towards him. "What the hell?..." Mars asked himself softly, forgetting about Jimmy momentarily. Just then Amanda who had been trying to talk Jimmy down turned to Mars. "Amanda? What are you doing here?" He said, flipping up his visor to reveal his face. Amanda was a friend of his who he had a few classes with. She was kinder to him than most kids at the school. Then he saw Amos and Luke arrive, and he realized this situation could be getting out of hand. He didn't know either of them well, but neither had seemed like bad people and Mars didn't want them to get hurt. Then again, he was kind of desperate and could use the help.

"Alright everyone, Jimmy here is dangerous to himself and others. We need to stop him. Can any of you, you know... do anything?" It seemed awkward to ask people he barely knew if they had super powers, but he needed to ask it somehow. "If not you should get to safety, there's no reason for anyone else to get hurt." Just as he said that the tornado surrounding Jimmy picked up speed, ripping up the ground beneath him and throwing it around menacingly.

"We need to do something now! Come on!" Mars shouted, running out towards the field. Without any of his real equipment he wasn't sure what he was going to do, but he needed to do something.
Jessica looked towards the 'sorceress' as she spake, "Now, out of curiosity, is there a reason I can't read your mind? Not that there's a problem with that, I can understand not wanting someone invading your thoughts, but usually I can get a read on people. You, on the other hand, are resisting my attempts extremely successfully. As for the boy floating in the air, Wander, yes that's his actual name, no I don't know why, he's been trying to maul the young man at the center of this tornado, Jimmy, for several minutes now. He wants to slap Jimmy until he can't make a tornado anymore, but there has to be some other way to stop him."

"Ah, yes. That is intentional. Me and my pal Archie tend to avoid people possibly working with our thoughts. Tends to be a messy proposition," Jessica said, nodding to her, "as for taking him out...."

Before she could finish her line, Jimmy seemingly grew furious. Maybe it was the size of the group, maybe it was simply his anger bursting forth. Jessica jumps to the side as he threw the large table. It wasn't seemingly aimed at her, but it did seem like a bad thing to get hit with.

Jessica looked at the large hole now leaving a breeze in the classroom. She saw him begin to swirl a larger and larger tornado, "Well... shit.... that does seem like a bit of a mess..." She exited through the hole, gripping the side of the wall to get a grip with the heavy winds. She looked to her watch for a second.

"Do you think we can handle the winds enough to get to him?" Jessica asked, having to yell a little through the heavy wind.

"With the intensity of the winds from what I can gather, we'll need to be careful, but yes. The whirlwind of random objects do make it a bit tough."

"So... yes?"

"Of course."

"Next question, what plans you have after we get to him?"

"Nonlethal, yes?"

"Is that even a question?"

"... confirmed. I recommend limiting the expansion of his typhoon. Contain, then render unconscious."

Jessica then looked to the others, "so who else wants to meet the angry tornado and render Jimmy unconscious? Not in a harsh manner... but I think this will require some delicate work." She grinned a little, "Spells, guns (if nonlethal), or just a strong fist. I want to know who all will be entering with me." Jessica took a quick moment to make sure to tie her shoes once more, make sure they were tight. She then gave a good stretch. After preparing, she then turned to the watch, "Time to start up the timer."

"As you wish," the architect said.

Jessica's watch began to glow a large green light, blinding almost. She lifted up her arm a bit. The light covered her body, leaving only a bright white outline showing where she was. Her clothes seemed to disappear. Then, the watch seemingly summoned forth strange technology. A suit of armor materialized around her feet, her arms, her waist. It then covered her chest. The helmet fit on last. Unfortunately, it was a strangely shameless transformation. To those who may have been watching, it was an average magical girl transformation.

Beams of light then burst out from around her waist, made of powerful magical energy.

"U-steldt, active," The suit announced.
Last edited by Saleon on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Aleyskia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aleyskia » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 am

Thomsen High:

Sofia's mouth dropped open. There had always been rumors, of course, of a girl with strange armor, but she had always assumed it was just that, rumors. Then again, she never believed before today that Jimmy had superpowers. The one thing that ran through Sofia's mind, after the fact, was "THATS SO COOL!"

She realized seconds later she had shouted that rather than thinking it. As what the girl-turned-superhero had said earlier registered in her brain, she decided to try a simple illusion spell that would make it look like she was wearing something cool. Casting the spell, she stood still as a long flowing black cape appeared, cloaked in ethereal green fire, her eyes turned dark red, and her clothes were "replaced", or more like covered up, by a single dark dress. And she let loose the most evil laugh ever. Note to self, she said, fix that later.

Turning to Battle Armor Girl(pretty sure she heard the word "U-steldt"), she spoke in a different voice, smoother than her normal voice, a second illusion spell. "Don't mind the change. Couldn't have you showing me up, now could I? You have my, albeit small, refined arsenal at your disposal. What would you like me to do?"
my name is Cow,
and wen its nite,
or wen the moon
is shiyning brite,
and all the men
haf gon to bed -
i stay up late.
i lik the bred.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Tomia wrote:Thomson High

"Mars?" She paused, noting one of her few friends in the school. "I'm trying to help. You know, "With great power..."" She never made her abilities secret, though she hadn't quite mentioned her superheroing desires, nor what she had already done on her free time as "Pele". She quickly answered Mars' call, and quickly created a whip made of stone which she sent towards Jimmy's feet, hoping to drag him back down to earth.

Warhounds
"You can complain later Jane, for now just focus on staying alive." Cobra said as she took tentative steps toward the city's streets. The situation looked bleak indeed. Most people seemed to have taken to the streets, and the police had set up barricades and check points every view blocks, clearly trying to maintain order as angry crowds of people began to form throughout the city.

Sonia saw a tall apartment building a block away from the camp. "Well, that looks like a good place to scout from. We could see most of the city from there. We could even stay there over night if we have t-"

"Get out of here snake freak!"

Cobra turned as she was suddenly interrupted by someone shouting at her. A group of men stood a dozen yards from her. One of them was holding a baseball bat, another holding a knife, and other half a dozen or so had similar household items turned weapons. "People like you are ruining this world!" The leader shouted.

Sonia merely rolled her eyes, she was used to this kind of behavior when she transformed. She turned to her teammates behind her, clearly not amused. "Deal with them please, non lethal if you can. But don't put yourselves at risk. I'm going to go scout out that apartment." With that she ran off again, leaping onto a nearby building and scaling the rooftops toward her target, leaving the others to clean up the thugs. The thugs began to look more and more disgruntled and instead of chase after Cobra on the rooftops, they charged after the rest who were still on the ground

"Non lethal? Well that's going to be difficult." Muttered Jean, before sighing as she saw the men run towards her and the others. She quickly threw up a single hand and began chanting. "Parva dæmonia habebant, et veniet ludere. Parata tibi lusus exspectans et dolor." She spoke, and suddenly the air began to smell of burning fire. The space in front of the group began to warp and distort, and suddenly an innumerable amount of small black tears in the fabric of space and time began to form and grow, until each one could fit a small human child. Then from each of these holes a swarm of red began to rush towards the group of rioters. Each red thing was small and quick, and they began to gang up on the rioters, clawing at them and pestering them. Their oversized heads revealed rows of sharp teeth which were engaged in biting or laughter. Their beady red eyes were filled with little more than malice and joy in the pain and discomfort of others. Little claws and bites took blood and hurt the crowd, but none of the red things were going for a killing blow.

"Yeah, those little bastards are Gremlins. They don't like to kill, it spoils their fun, but these blokes are going to regret having got out of bed this morning." She turned back towards the group. "They're occupied, so feel free to do whatever. Should be pretty easy to knock them out while the Gremlins hurt them." As she spoke a bat wielding thug attempted to attack her while she was distracted, swinging his weapon towards her.
Last edited by Charmera on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:30 am

"Ah, more than just a witch, I see..." Wander said, staring down at Sofia. "Of all the things anime could do, I always thought that Stands and Magical Girls were the things I'd never see in real life. Now both of them are standing in the same room. Oh, except the enthusiasm is slightly dampened, because one of them is refusing to let me go!

And then he turned to the armoured girl.

"And to you, armour lady, I'm in. I'll sprint ahead and distract him while you guys get organised and think of a plan."

He turned back to Sofia, a genuinely apologetic expression on his face for a moment.

"Sorry Sofia, but I'm gonna have to start ignoring your powers now. It's getting to serious, and I can't let anyone else get hurt."

And then he dropped his bear replication, transitioning back to his human form for a moment before shifting again. However, this was a little different in that, rather than a mammalian form, he was changing into something that always made him feel weird.

An octopus.

That, combined with the naturally slick, self-hydrating skin of an eel allowed him to easily contort his body and slide out of the magical hands grasp. Before he'd even hit the ground, he was already shifting his leg muscles back to a flea-like insectoid form, before sprinting over to the tornado at a shocking speed.

Of course, that was the easy part. The hard part would be reaching Jimmy through the tornado. However, just before Wander reached him, he thought of an idea. Thinking fast, he replicated the features of a mole, beginning to rapidly dig into the sports oval and disappearing under the ground. Mere moments later, he burst from the ground directly below the boy, grabbing his legs.

"Don't do this Jimmy!" He shouted with a warning tone. "I'm sure you're a good kid, you probably have a lot of friends! You and I both know you don't want to accidentally hurt someone innocent! You don't want to kill anyone, right?"

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Rodger Kingsley-Eternally Drunk and Sober
Underground Auction, Undisclosed location, L.A.

In an underground complex of sorts, a auction was taking place. It was both similar to and yet very different from most Auctions attended by the affluent and influential. Most of the goods dealt with here were either illegal or counterfeit, that did not mean that you would be seeing bootlegged copies of the latest movies on DVD or Blue Ray, oh no. This auction and the others like it was much too distinguished to sell the kind of rubbish found in the inventories of peddlers and impoverished hoodlums. You would see no barely convincing Versace or Louis Vuitton.

In fact, these auctions rarely dealt in more common mundane goods, but there were exceptions, such as today. The Auction had the usual array of things, ranging from information packets, to artifacts, the highlight of today’s auction however, was certain alcoholic masterpieces brought by a certain individual, known by his moniker the Winemaster, though he brought alcohol other than wine. Though many went by their normal names, unafraid of anyone foolish enough to go after them, others were different. Those who lacked certain levels of influence or power, or perhaps anting to remain anonymous, often adopted a moniker or handle at these auctions.

The Winemakers moniker came about, from the first few things he sold at these auctions, several peculiar bottles of wine. Rare vintages, certainly, but the strangest thing was up until then, there had only been a few of these bottles seen, ever. It was later revealed, that they were counterfeit, in a sense, they had the same composition as the truly ancient bottles they mimicked, but with one major difference, they were still drinkable, and were better than nearly any modern wine. When the Winemaker was initially asked how and why he did it, he answered with this. “Why would I deliver a product that couldn’t b consumed, seems to me that those that buy such things are foolish and not true Oenophiles.”

Since that time, years ago, his products have become sought after, not just by collectors, but by those who wanted to actually sample such rare vintages as well. The bottles brought much business to the auction, and the Winemaker has been left to his anonymity. Though who and more importantly what he was, was unknown to most of the Auction attendees, the Higher Eschelons of the Auction were aware. Early on, a certain ambitious Auction Manager, attempted to detain him, for his own prophets, something not looked down upon, but it interfered with the Profits of the auction, so they did not pursue the matter when the Manager went missing.

The Winemakers, true identity was that of Rodger Kingsley, a former Super and Vampire. Decades ago he was an associate of the Wonder Warriors, before that fateful day, the Young Blood Massacre. He had been wandering since he became a vampire, which was not that long after the Massacre. He was currently in the back of the Auction room, waiting for the next segment of the Auction to begin. Usually, they were divided up into 3-5 segments, depending upon the content and attendee of the auction. The Auctioneer took his position at the front of the room, as the several dozen attendants migrated back to their seats.

Rodger himself was about to sit down, when he sensed something odd, a large mass of blood moving towards the Auction room. They paused just outside, as the guards stationed at the door approached them, before crumbling to the floor, undoubtedly after being hit with some sort of dart or projectile. They still seemed to be alive, but he was broke out of his musings as the double doors leading into the Room thudded open, and a group of about Twenty to Twenty-Five people entered. They were well equipped, for robbers, anyways. The man who appeared to eb their leader, a tall lanky fellow wearing a Anime inspired mask, spoke, spouting some cliché words. “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a Robbery.”

Shaman/Tristan Carver-I don’t want to set the world on fire, well maybe a little.
Caracas, Venezuela

After Queen Cobra left, after giving them orders, Shaman, just sighed as the foolish people charged at him and the others. He was about to act when One of the others, Jane, summoned some things, Gremlins, she said, that charged at the foolish civilians before engaging them. As Jane turned back and spoke towards the group, Shaman nodded, as he stepped forward. Normally he would have taken on an Elemental Aspect, but non-lethal force was preferred, according to their leader. He extended an arm out as one of the Rioters broke off from the group being harassed by the Gremlins.

The man was armed with a dented, aluminum baseball bat. HE was able to break off, with a lucky hit to a Gremlin. He ran, more like stumbled, towards the group, as the man oriented himself, and realized how close he was to the ’freaks’, his eyes widened, and he stepped towards the group, and readied his bat. It was at this time that Tristan finished, the man took another step forward, before falling forwards, his legs being pushed out from under him by a mass of air. He hit the ground, with an audible thud, but was still alive, probably.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Lazarus Goldman-Undying man
Art School, San Diego

A silence fell over the room, but it was broken as Campus security rushed in. They moved towards the fallen teen, they knew he was the main culprit due to reports, but the one who put him in the wall, was gone. Lazarus finished stuffing some packets into his various pockets, as he stepped onto the street. For a moment he contemplated whether to head towards Thomsen High, or to the other chaotic incidents in the city.

Art School - Thomsen High

One of his drone sent him a signal of report, in which about an incident in the college's cafeteria. He immediately set his sight upon the scene, but a particular guy stood out remarkably not well, as if he was in a fight before. His drone soon reached the scene and checking of what happened.

Him, in meanwhile set upon this person. His suit was remarkably blue and grey in colors, thus not blending well but the sight of suited person wasn't a surprise anymore since things have been changed in the past years, with all those magic, superhumans, and things all around. Even aliens.

"Hi there!" such perky tone came out from Akira's throat into the mouth. "You may in need of some help, I presumed?"
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:31 am

Horacio remembered his times with Mora.

It was a happy day, the sun beaming down on the pair. His hunger began to pang against his ribs, while Mora's appetite for mischief needed to be satiated itself. A simple trick really, Horacio would simply charm the vendor, take some fruit, and be on his way. He approached the stand, began to formulate the spell when his hands were struck with a long walking stick. Sister Maria was having none of his tricks today. "You channel the devil, boy. One day, you'll get someone hurt."

Horacio clenched his fist, and without realizing what he was doing, cast a fear spell in a radius around him. Before he could react, the eyes of those nearby dilated, as if they were gazing into the pit itself, before a group of them scatter throughout the village, engaging in all sorts of foolish behavior. They fled through the streets, dived into lakes, and took refuge under the various stands in the market. "I- I'm sorry. I didn't me-"

"Ahahhahahaha," Mora had not stopped laughing since the original mistake took place. Apparently, the whole ordeal struck her as simple human antics, a nice afternoon to end a nice morning before taking a midday nap. It took a good ten minutes of arguing for Mora to finally relent, undoing Horacio blunder under duress, promised a nicer trick later that day.

Now, Horacio simply paid for his food and went on his way, gathering fresh fruit from the forests near his hut. Here, he took a nap, content with his simple day after investigating the bogart fiasco with Gonzalez.

That still bothered him; How did the buyer even know that crystals were in the area? If anything, they should be hunting in museums or laboratories. They were reliable. Here in the middle of nowhere? How many could there really be in this corner of the world?
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:49 am

Shadowwell wrote:Lazarus Goldman-Undying man
Art School, San Diego

A silence fell over the room, but it was broken as Campus security rushed in. They moved towards the fallen teen, they knew he was the main culprit due to reports, but the one who put him in the wall, was gone. Lazarus finished stuffing some packets into his various pockets, as he stepped onto the street. For a moment he contemplated whether to head towards Thomsen High, or to the other chaotic incidents in the city.

Art School - Thomsen High

One of his drone sent him a signal of report, in which about an incident in the college's cafeteria. He immediately set his sight upon the scene, but a particular guy stood out remarkably not well, as if he was in a fight before. His drone soon reached the scene and checking of what happened.

Him, in meanwhile set upon this person. His suit was remarkably blue and grey in colors, thus not blending well but the sight of suited person wasn't a surprise anymore since things have been changed in the past years, with all those magic, superhumans, and things all around. Even aliens.

"Hi there!" such perky tone came out from Akira's throat into the mouth. "You may in need of some help, I presumed?"

Lazarus Goldman-Turns out, dying hurts, a lot.
Outside the Art College,San Diego, California

It had not been long since he left the Art College, that Laz heard an almost irritatingly perky voice. He turned and saw the one who spoke, a strangely dressed individual. Laz responded by saying "Am I, in need of help, perhaps, but not as much as the bystanders. I assume you are aware of what is happening, with people awakening to powers randomly?" Laz did not sense an anymosity towards him, but it was better to try to determine the other party's standing.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Tomia wrote:-snip-

Lorn Stormblessed
Warhounds

A lock of hair lashed out like a whip, metal flashing as an attached blade ripped open the shirt of a thug. "I'm not late, am I?" A girl's voice asked as she stepped through through two buildings and fished out an Android phone. She was attired in a purple and black battle-dress, and a long cloak that had become slightly muddied on its edges. "Rats. I totally missed the whole mission and everything, didn't I? And now this whole place is going to Muspelheim. It's not my fault that none of you woke me up at the hotel," Lorn complained as she glared at her teammates, before looking up at the still charging men. "Fine, we'll put a raincheck on this conversation, for now."

Breaking into a little trot, the young woman let one man break his stick with some rusty-looking nails on her armor, before she punched him in the gut, sending him skidding across the street. The group of men who could only be very generously called a neighborhood watch paused for a moment as Lorn smirked. "Well come on then!" she shouted to both her teammates and the bunch of thugs. The Valreyan sent several tendrils of her hair flying forward and began to slice a man's clothes to pieces as he futilely attempted to bat away the strands of hair.

She turned and looked at her companions expectantly once more before continuing the fight.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:00 pm

As Wendy followed her new… no friend wasn’t the right word. She thought. I don’t deserve to have any of those. Associate sounds better.

As she followed her new associate down the alley, Wendy couldn’t help but notice the girl was clearly bothered by something, most likely Wendy. As the two came to a stop the girl put her hand out.

"Koh Indigo. Thanks for helping me back there!" She said.

Wendy backed up a step, briefly considering running. “W-wendy F-felix, b-but you can c-call me Wifi.” She squeaked. “How did you did you pull her down in the first place, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Neutrality Foundation
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neutrality Foundation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:42 pm

As Wendy followed her new… no friend wasn’t the right word. She thought. I don’t deserve to have any of those. Associate sounds better.

As she followed her new associate down the alley, Wendy couldn’t help but notice the girl was clearly bothered by something, most likely Wendy. As the two came to a stop the girl put her hand out.

"Koh Indigo. Thanks for helping me back there!" She said.

Wendy backed up a step, briefly considering running. “W-wendy F-felix, b-but you can c-call me Wifi.” She squeaked. “How did you did you pull her down in the first place, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Taking note of the girls discomfort, Koh easily put her hand back giving her space.

"W-wendy F-felix, b-but you can c-call me Wifi." The girl squeaked.

Koh nodded. Wifi. Easy to remember. Koh wondered if Wifi had some sort of power, most strangely nicknamed people did. Then again it was more correlation then causation, so maybe not.

"How did you did you pull her down in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Hm?" Koh took a second to think. "Oh," she started with a laugh. "You mean floaty McFloaterson back there?"

WiFi nodded.

Koh held up her hand, making sure not to move too quickly and startle her companion. Around her hand she pulled out the clear energy. Everywhere the energy settled looked as if glass had suddenly appeared, in some places even seeming to fracture.

"I call it the Wall of Wills. It's an energy I control, moving it however I decide and I can harden it whenever I want. I call it a Wall because mostly I just use it to block stuff, you know? Attacks and the like. But I can use it other ways, like with Floaty. I wrapped the energy behind her, then hardened it and pulled her to the ground, right into your waiting arms." Koh stopped there, nervously not wanting to bore her new friend. She had a tendency to rant when she got interested in things.

She let the energy around her hand dissipate and fixed her clothing, walking to the mouth of the alley. The street they were on was fairly calm. People in crowds of confusion looking on, but no current explosions.

Koh's phone buzzed. Her Aunt texting, asking if she was alright. A quick proof of life and she turned back to her friend.

"So, crazy stuff going on. You said it's happening across the world?" Koh lost herself in thought a moment. "Well, nothing we can do about that I guess. Just ride the wave, right? I guess somebody should probably be easing the newbies into their powers though. They'll level the city at this rate."

A scream followed by shrieking and a boom was heard outside the alleyway.

Koh jumped up running to the street, muttering as she went.

"Jeez! What is it with the blowing things up! First thing you do getting your powers is blow stuff up, what even?"

A young guy was panicking, a crater beside him, as people yelled running away from him.

Making up her mind, Koh began walking towards him.

"Come on!" She called to Wifi. "I think we're the somebody's this newbie needs."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse