NATION

PASSWORD

Snowflake: A Horror RP (OPEN/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Snowflake: A Horror RP (OPEN/OOC)

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:05 am

Theme

IC

Co-OPS: Galdius, Corrian

[BEGIN TRANSMISSION]

You are nothing.

You are nothing to them. They come for us… they run for us. All we can do is run. But they come for us… oh, oh God.

We’ll all remember that day. Those of us who are left, anyways. People started changing into those things. Those fuckin' abominations. Oh God. I saw it happen, once. I couldn't look away. Like a train wreck, right? A little girl no older than six. She killed her parents… tore them to pieces. I ran then, and I tried to run now.

But there is no running. Because we are nothing. We are nothing compared to them.
You cannot stop them. They always come for us, they always find you. Some blood splashed into my eye, and... I’m done. I am absolutely finished.

I just… I wanted to say one thing… whoever you are out there, whoever found this tape… I’m so sorry for what I’m about to do to you. I'm just not strong enough. I was a coward then. And I'm a coward now. I'm so sorry.

I'm just not strong enough.

[END TRANSMISSION]

In Snowflake, players begin in the town of Bismarck, North Dakota, three weeks after October 28th, 2016. Upon this day, seemingly random people who had been quarantined and some who hadn't transformed into horrible monsters. The story follows a group of travellers scattered about Bismarck, and how they survive against starvation, the raging blizzard outside, and the infected who wish to eat them alive. The monsters themselves are based on classic and new horror, like The Thing, The Exorcist, Hellraiser, The Babadook, Mullholland Drive, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and more. This is an apocalyptic love letter to things that go bump in the night.

The story will be somewhat open-ended. While characters will be led along a path, how they get there is their decision. Players will be allowed to name infected types, and even the day of the initial transformations. As the story progresses, the OP will be updated with relevant information. This includes parts of the timeline and new infected, plus anything else that needs updating. Please note that holes in the timeline are there for a reason; you only know as much as your characters know.
August 3rd, 2016 - October 27th: A new strain of influenza virus begins spreading across the continental united states. CDC declares the virus as an epidemic. United states government health agencies begins placing quarantines within hospitals and begins handing out aid. The diseases effects are similar to H1N1 virus. Media sensationalism quickly inspires panic across many major cities, resulting in panic buying, small scale riots and shortages in basic flu medication.

October 28th, 2016: Reports of mass violence across the USA, Infected begin mutating into incomprehensible monsters and begin attacking non infected. People internally contacted by infected saliva and blood succumb to the virus within 48 hours. Around 35 percent of the United states is infected.

October 29th, 2016: Military begins to conduct evacuation efforts across the continental united states. Evacuating citizens off the mainland. Martial law enforced in major cities as military struggle to control the flow of infected.

October 30th, 2016: Internet inexplicably is shut down. International calls no longer work.

October 31st, 2016: The military begins indiscriminately firing on looters and potential infected as chain of command begins to fall apart. Units begin going AWOL.

November 2th, 2016: The military now begins to totally pull out of major cities, all evacuation efforts cease.

November 3th, 2016: All phone lines go silent across the united states. Most TV channels cease to broadcast after reporting outbreaks in central Europe and east Asia.

November 6th, 2016: Streets become become empty as the majority of citizens are either dead and evacuated. Cities become no go zones due to high numbers of infected. Daytime travel is required.

November 20th, 2016: All power begins to fail across major metropolitan areas as nobody is operating the power plants.

November 21st, 2016: Whoever you are, wherever you are down in Bismarck, North Dakota. You’re alive. For whatever reason that you are here, you’re alive. So… that has to mean something, right?

1. Don’t be a dick, in OOC at least. Seriously, don't. Constant fighting is not good, and will get you kicked from the RP.

2. Don’t godmod, don’t metagame, you get the idea. All the in general RP rules.

3. If you are going to be away for some time, please tell me, either in OOC or by TG. If you just go and disappear with no words spoken, I’ll assume you aren't coming back and let your character go. Don't let this make you think you have to post every day, or even every week! (It would be nice, though.) I will typically give players some time if they go missing for a period.

4. Your character should act like a human being; I will not be accepting any psychopaths, as they are unrelatable. You are playing the “heroes” of this story, and as such your characters shouldn't be Mary Sues that only brood and whine about how miserable they are, nor should they believe they are in a land of rainbows and puppies. Be realistic.

5. Characters who have absolutely no hardships are not allowed. That means those with absolutely infallible aim, run faster than Usain Bolt or can fight off a horde of infected all by themselves. Remember, everybody has flaws.

Character Limits

Each person will be allowed two characters at one time, but sometimes an extension to three characters can be negotiated. At the current moment, we will not be accepting any characters that are active members of the military. Sorry, it’d just reveal way too much way too early.

Character Sheet

Note: Lines with stars (*) before them are optional to fill out.
Note 2: Please delete everything in parentheses after filling out the character sheet, just for cleanliness' sake.
Note 3: We are no longer accepting military (ex or otherwise) or police officer characters.
Note 4: No more Russians and no more lone wolves.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Equipment/Personal Belongings:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio (one paragraph at least):[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
*[b]Quirks:[/b]
*[b]Likes:[/b]
*[b]Dislikes (don’t say “infected.” Trust me, I know your character doesn't like infected):[/b]
*[b]Worst Fears:[/b]
*[b]Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):[/b]
[b]RP Examples:[/b]
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 18 times in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:11 am

Finally it is alive!
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 am

Can i make a guy who barricaded himself in the local movie theater?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:20 am

Shark isle wrote:Can i make a guy who barricaded himself in the local movie theater?

Yeah, that's fine.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:12 am

Name: Sydney "Sid" Morrison
Sex: M
Appearance: Older male, short red beard with chestnut brown hair. A somewhat stockier build than most men his age clocking in at 225 pounds and a good 5'11" in height. He has some old army tattoo on his arm and leg. His face is squared and and slightly wrangled by age, his hair is kept high and tight just as it has been the last 20 years.
Equipment/Personal [b]Belongings:
•[url]Jacket[/url]
Pants
Boots
Aero Survival Rifle
•Glock 10 round magazines
•10 9x19mm rounds
First Aid material
Personality: Somewhat quit and stoic, especial since his wife left him last year. However he can also be stubborn and bullheaded in the decisions making process as he feels he has the most experience in dealing with high stress situations. He has a soldiers attitude to most situations.

Bio: Sid was born in Bismarck North Dekota to Savo Morrison a man of Finnish decent who had earlier angilcanized his name from Mäkinen, and Sylvia Ekberg. He lived most of his. Childhood on a small farm outside of Bismarck where he helped tend to farm animals whil his family tried to make a semi-acceptable living. However by the end of high school he was eager to get out of the farm. His first hope was a athletic scholarship to North Delors State University where he would play football, but a shoulder injury quickly killed that idea.

After treatment for his shoulder Sydney looked to the military for some form of escape from what he felt was a lifestyle of entrapment. He signed up with the Army and after basic was assigned to the 187 Infantry Regiment and promptly sent to Saudi Arabia as part of desert shield. He was part of the assault that struck nearly 155 miles behind enemy lines into Iraq and successfully destroyed much of the Iraqis ability to continue a war on the Kuwaiti front. Afterwards he finished the rest of his service at Fort Campbell.

After he returned from his time in the military he moved to Nashville where he went to college at Meharry Medical College and optioned a degree in Medicine. He eventually became a general practitioner in Nashville where he married and had two kids, Cynthia and Logan. However after nearly ten years of marriage the relationship fell apart, Sydneys tirades of anger focused at attempted discipline worried her and his inability to really communicate with his wife lead to the divorce. This development Crushed Sydney, he was to preoccupied with live to really see it coming and was devastated that the one thing he had truest helped build had crumbled, while he called his ex-wife a cheating bitch he knew it was all his fault.

He eventually moved back to Bismarck in search of a new start after loosing custody of his teenage children, he has even requested to not have visitation rights and simply pays his Alimony as required. He now lives in a small eastern suburb of Bismarck where he continues his medical practice.

Strengths:combat and medical experience. Sid served a tour of duty in Kuwait and Iraq during Desert Storm and later became a general practitioner. While he wasn't in heavy combat situations nor did he ever really take care of an illness outside of a chicken pox and the flu he still has a working knowledge of medicine and combat that would be helpful in a survival situation.
Weaknesses: To arrogant and stubborn for his own good at times, he at times demands the the position of leadership and when he has it he's both enfkexibke and overly cautious.
*Quirks: Hates the song The One That You Love by Air Supply, reminds him of his ex-wife.
*Dislikes: WIP
*Worst Fears: Failure, he hates the idea of failure. It not only tarnishes his ego but given the emotional failure that was his family it brings up feels of inadequacy and uselessness inside of him which have been a driving force in why he does what he does.
*Miscellaneous: He has green eyes, back in highschol he could square 455 lbs.
RP Examples: will post later.
Last edited by Insaeldor on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 am

Insaeldor wrote:Sydney "Sid" Morrison

It looks good so far, I'd just ask you to tone down the ammo a little bit. Maybe take away one of the magazines and only have 10 rounds of 9x19mm ammo?
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:26 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:Name: Sydney "Sid" Morrison
Sex: M
Appearance: Older male, short red beard with chestnut brown hair. A somewhat stockier build than most men his age clocking in at 225 pounds and a good 5'11" in height. He has some old army tattoo on his arm and leg. His face is squared and and slightly wrangled by age, his hair is kept high and tight just as it has been the last 20 years.
•[url]Jacket[/url]
Pants
Boots
Kel-Tec Sub 2000
•2 Glock 10 round magazines
•20 9x19mm rounds
First Aid material
Personality: Somewhat quit and stoic, especial since his wife left him last year. However he can also be stubborn and bullheaded in the decisions making process as he feels he has the most experience in dealing with high stress situations. He has a soldiers attitude to most situations.
Bio: WIP
Strengths:combat and medical experience. Sid served a tour of duty in Kuwait and Iraq during Desert Storm and later became a general practitioner. While he wasn't in heavy combat situations nor did he ever really take care of an illness outside of a chicken pox and the flu he still has a working knowledge of medicine and combat that would be helpful in a survival situation.
Weaknesses: To arrogant and stubborn for his own good at times, he at times demands the the position of leadership and when he has it he's both enfkexibke and overly cautious.
*Quirks: Hates the song The One That You Love by Air Supply, reminds him of his ex-wife.
*Dislikes: WIP
*Worst Fears: Failure, he hates the idea of failure. It not only tarnishes his ego but given the emotional failure that was his family it brings up feels of inadequacy and uselessness inside of him which have been a driving force in why he does what he does.
*Miscellaneous: He has green eyes, back in highschol he could square 455 lbs.
RP Examples: will post later.

It looks good so far, I'd just ask you to tone down the ammo a little bit. Maybe take away one of the magazines and only have 10 rounds of 9x19mm ammo?

That's perfectly fine. When I get back to editing the app I'll make sure to bring down the ammo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:27 am

Insaeldor wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:It looks good so far, I'd just ask you to tone down the ammo a little bit. Maybe take away one of the magazines and only have 10 rounds of 9x19mm ammo?

That's perfectly fine. When I get back to editing the app I'll make sure to bring down the ammo.

Great, thanks.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:38 am

For the bio, do I have to waste time explaining his entire, uneventful live, or only important parts?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:For the bio, do I have to waste time explaining his entire, uneventful live, or only important parts?

Just important parts. I'd try and go for around a paragraph at least, though.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:20 am

Alright App is basically done. shrunk the ammo count, changed the gun, and added the Bio. I'm stuck on the likes and dislikes though.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:21 am

*Pops in*

I don't have ideas entirely yet, but I am here.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:28 am

Name: Lincoln Reed
Sex: Male/Cisgender
Appearance:

http://www.therpf.com/members/haksawjak ... iform1.jpg
-Sheriff uniform and hat
-Colt Python .357 Magnum revolver [W/ 10 rounds]
-Handcuffs
-Police baton
-2 bottles of water
-Family pictures
- Flashlight
-Taser
-Batteries, gloves, pens, pencils, keys, multi-tool and window punch
-Police belt
-Black fanny pack
-1 chocolate bar

Personality: Lincoln is a pretty average guy. He is serious when he needs to be, yet he has humor and laughs at jokes. Lincoln is very strong-willed never giving up when the going gets tough, although remembering his family in the form of flashbacks and nightmares can be quite devastating to his personality, until he gets over it all over again.
Bio: Lincoln Grimes was born in rural Mountrail County, North Dakota during 1975, with his father being a police officer and his mother as a cleaner. Life was quite simple, nothing interesting happened out in the middle of near nowhere. Lincoln always did look up to his dad, he was cool, carrying a gun, going around 'roundin up the bad guys. His father inspired him to join the Tioga Police Department at age 22, in 1997, which he would serve in for his entire life afterwards. When the sh*t that went down first got major, Lincoln was in town taking a scroll with his family, his now senior parents, his wife and his son. Suddenly an crazed man ran after them, ripping everyone except Lincoln to literal shreds. In rage Lincoln pulled out his gun and shot it to death, even when it was clearly dead. He needed revenge. The next few days were hard for him, everyone.

He survived a bit longer on his own, before reaching Bismark. The place was one of the last safe places near, and Lincoln certainly wasn't going to risk his life isolated any longer. He entered, and now a few days have past...this is where the story begins..
Strengths: He's a sheriff deputy..ahem...was a sheriff deputy [Before everything happened], an occupation requiring firearms training, high endurance, strength and being able to stay cool during combat, all of which Lincoln has. He is also a natural born leader [Although he may seem somewhat harsh to others]
Weaknesses: His left eye is damaged to the point it cannot be seen through and the death of his family triggers traumatic flashbacks which leads to a lower moral and a bad mood.
*Quirks:
*Worst Fears:
*Miscellaneous:
RP Examples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 0&start=75
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 1&t=396772 [I have a puppet, Republique de Louisiane et Quebec and I can prove if needed]
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=391821 [Around the mid-late 20s]
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:47 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Lincoln Grimes

It's not bad, but I feel like at this point he's too similar to Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead. If you change his last name, the appearance (You can still use Andrew Lincoln, but I'd pick a different picture) and maybe take a few bullets away from the Colt Python (maybe the six in the cylinder, and three to five more for his pockets or such). Other than that stuff, the rest looks good.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:49 am

Insaeldor wrote:Alright App is basically done. shrunk the ammo count, changed the gun, and added the Bio. I'm stuck on the likes and dislikes though.

I like it. Likes and dislikes are optional, so if you don't feel like doing them you don't have to. So, in that case, Accepted.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Lincoln Grimes

It's not bad, but I feel like at this point he's too similar to Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead. If you change his last name, the appearance (You can still use Andrew Lincoln, but I'd pick a different picture) and maybe take a few bullets away from the Colt Python (maybe the six in the cylinder, and three to five more for his pockets or such). Other than that stuff, the rest looks good.

Finished. Now he's Lincoln Reed.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Well ain't you a special snowflake...

Tag.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:It's not bad, but I feel like at this point he's too similar to Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead. If you change his last name, the appearance (You can still use Andrew Lincoln, but I'd pick a different picture) and maybe take a few bullets away from the Colt Python (maybe the six in the cylinder, and three to five more for his pockets or such). Other than that stuff, the rest looks good.

Finished. Now he's Lincoln Reed.

Awesome. Accepted.

Also, when you get the chance can you put the pic in a spoiler tag? Just whenever you can, it's not super necessary but it makes the board look better.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Looks interesting, I'm going to bring a character from the Last of Us thread to be a character in this one. Also tag.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Also flashbacks aren't constant, they'll probably happen once or twice every 2-3 pages. Either that or when something like these examples happen [People get ripped into shreds, he hears a name similar to one of his family members, he goes near a nostalgic location, stuff like that]
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:50 pm

I dunno if I should bring one of the old characters back or make a new one, since I ended up adding said old characters to something else.

Hmm...I could use one of my underdeveloped new characters, but I don't know if she'd work in the same way without a safe zone to start with.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:49 pm

So do the infected wander out of the place they were infected or linger near where they turned? Also how durable are the infected? Do they feel pain? Shock?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Vacif wrote:So do the infected wander out of the place they were infected or linger near where they turned? Also how durable are the infected? Do they feel pain? Shock?

1. Probably, judging by the OP, they seem to be intelligent, of what I get out of it at least.

2. As durable as bone you'd find in a bucket of KFC.

3. They feel pain on the inside, not the outside.

4. They get shocked they realise they can't netflix and chill no more.

JK, JK. I can't answer any of these questions.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Yay! I shall read stuff later
Times are looking grim these days~

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:55 pm

le tag
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse