NATION

PASSWORD

Thought Cafe - An RP Group [ALWAYS OPEN l ALL RPs l Casual]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Trek Series

Original
6%
TNG
22%
DS9
17%
VOY
No votes
I prefer Star Wars
56%

Total votes : 36

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:00 am

I don't have the early backstory hammered out yet.

The Earth government (working title) started as an international peacekeeping force created after World War Three (also a working title). World War Three was a brutal conflict between superpowers of the world including the United States, Russia, China, Brazil, and the Central African Union. It was fought at the end of the 21st century and brought an end to what was otherwise a prosperous several decades for humanity. International organizations were formed to help maintain the global economy and international relations after the war. The predecessor to the Earth government was one of them.

Again this is a rough idea and is a work in progress. Anyways this organization takes over the world, bringing the world's nations into an agreement that slowly becomes more centralized. Eventually the whole planet is ruled by one government.

This one government takes baby steps into the stars and eventually develops the technology to colonize star systems more rapidly. In the mid 2200s the Earth government has most of its interstellar empire set up. There are a few dozen colonies at most.

In the early 2300s is when Earth disappears.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:02 am

MEMBERSHIP APPKEYWORD:TEMPY

Concept:
Genre(s): History, Politics, Alt-History, Alt-World
Type: Character, sometimes Nation
Detailed Description: I'm not the most avid RPer, I have a fellowship (basically a job I don't get paid for but will eventually) and college and a whole slew of other stuff (well college is not right now, but you get the picture). However, sometimes I'll pop in for a little while. My availability will get better as the summer progresses. See spoiler for my concept for an RP.
Nation Name: Federal Directive of Valloria (sometimes Kingdom/Empire of Valloria/Vallar/Valgar/Valgai/Valgari)
Previous RP experience: All the RPs (at least the ones Ghondra has done)
Favorite RP Genre: History
Favorite Type of RP: Character/Fusion
Writing Skill: 69/10
#Venti - DO NOT DELETE

Map of the World - Now with Climate! (pursuant to the Köppen Climate Classification system, which can be Wikipedia'd to your heart's delight)
Prelim map of realm

So, my RP idea is set in the realm of Valgar (obviously...), a highly-decentralized medieval kingdom/empire on the continent of Gralen. A few countries of note:
• Empire of Valgar (:p): (capital: Visgath, Archduchy of Visgath | constituent Archduchies: Visgath (crownland), Seneca, Syferith, Ulthast, Vlosdorn, Berissa, Miklacz) Ruled by Lord Paramount Mariyn X of the imperial House ca Vespicz, by the grace of God, Emperor of Valloria, Archduke of Valgar, Duke of Vespicz, of Osdom, of Prizlan, and of Izel, and rightful Emperor of Osfryth (latter title defunct)
• Empire of Oglothatea: (capital: Oglothatea, Kingdom of Osan | constituent Kingdoms: Oglothatea, Doedgun, Vollin, Aran (these four are Oglothatean crownlands) Osan, Barcus, Moden, Segar, Lodelen, Sivula, Ameren, Posal, Istren) Ruled by Archregent Angorn VI of the imperial House urb Sleaznie, by the grace of God, Emperor of Oglothatea, King of the Oglothateans, the Doedgus, the Vollig, and the Arani, Archduke of Sleaznie, Duke of Bottern, of Lowellingen, and of Oglothatea
• Empire of Syvern: (capital: Svorwacz, Archduchy of Gaegon | constituent Archduchies: Gaegon (crownlands), Mboran, Vilhenny, Cudraw, Venmorg, Bolg, Persnon, Oslan) Ruled by Archregent Vellis IV of the imperial House Seirang-Wosdar, by the grace of God, Emperor of Oglothatea*, King of the Oglothateans*, Archduke of Lormgan, Duke of Seirang, Prince of Wosdar
• Kingdom of Wharlaey: (capital: Starn, Archduchy of Mordran | constituent Archduchies: Mordran (crownland), Losgelots, Isbearn, Hallegat) Ruled by Lord Paramount Mithar III of the royal House ca Vorpmern, by the grace of God, King of Wharlaey, Archduke of Mordran, Duke of Vorpmern, of Stragnath, and of Carmut
• Archduchy of Sozurn: (capital: Iarnhús, Eseda Island) | Sozurn is a merchant republic comprising of several islands) Ruled by Lord Governor NAME of the family OTHERNAME, Archduke-Elect of Sozurn, Lord of the Traders, Guildmaster of the Merchants' Guild
(side note: being a "Lord Paramount" implies independence and the lack of a suzerain - in reality, this is only assumed by Archdukes (independent ones, at least) and above, and only if they are independent)
ALL OF THE NAMES OF EVERYTHING (INCL. PEOPLE) BESIDES SYVERN, OGLOTHATEA, VALLORIA, AND WHARLAEY CAN BE CHANGED AT WILL!
*Syvern is one of the two remaining split-off Oglothatean empires (see below history), and both claim to be the true empire.

Valloria was not founded in the modern sense until 1697, six years after the Revolutions of 1691, which saw seven successive governments through eight months of anarchy. However, the nation of Valloria (under a different name, ideal, and type of government) has formally existed since the Grand Duchy of Valgar was proclaimed in 565. In the early days of civilization, the Oglothatean Empire prevailed as the dominant power in eastern Gralen - perhaps the cradle of civilization for the entire continent. Outside of its ever-expanding borders, Oglothatea was surrounded by a large number of tribes. Several attempts at federations of many tribes to combat the subjugating forces of Oglothatea failed. However in 432, Bralaegh Othgat of the Valgai tribe successfully united roughly 70% of the tribes within the scope of their ambitious neighbor into a coalition. Chief Bralaegh successfully led a force of two hundred thousand tribal warriors against a series of Oglothatean armies - defeating each in rapid succession. Bralaegh was so successful, in fact, that his army was able to march on the Oglothatean Peninsula itself. Bralaegh, unfortunately, died in the Siege of Ogloth, and the lack of his leadership caused the fracturing of the armies of the tribes into three factions, which weakened each other so severely that the Oglothatean reinforcements wiped them out with ease. The destruction they caused, however, weakened Oglothatea so much that they eventually split into four rival empires some 60 years later.

This split left the route wide open for tribal chiefdoms to take their slice of Oglothatea. The heir to the Othgat dynasty of Valgai tribe, Argouw II Vostoti was the most ambitious of these, single-handedly conquering the weakest of the four Oglothatean successor states in 527, founding the Duchy of Valgair. His grandson Bralaegh IV Bisgata founded a city in 558 across the Bay of Asgolat from the city of Asgolat itself. The settlement of Bisgata, bearing the second name of its founder, would eventually become the core of the modern Vallorian capital of Visgath. There, Bralaegh IV proclaimed the Grand Duchy of Valgar and declared himself suzerain over all other tribes of the same culture. This led to a series of long but relatively successful wars that often involved grueling guerilla tactics and resulted in the crippling of the previously plentiful hinterlands of Asgolat - causing the decline of the city. Once the tribes were subjugated to the Grand Duchy, Bralaegh declared Valgar a Kingdom and crowned himself High King of All Valgari and Overlord of Aglosen. Bralaegh VI died in 574 childless and heirless - ending the ancient Othgat dynasty and throwing the young kingdom into a succession crisis. A civil war lasting three years led to Bralaegh's willed claimant Mariyn ca Vespicz inheriting the throne. Mariyn was the great-grandson of Argouw II by his second daughter Fra and local noble (and claimant to the Oglothatean crown) Isgarn ca Vespicz. Historians mark Mariyn's ascent as the beginning of the Middle Eon.

Despite a lack of royal education in his childhood, the 29-year-old Mariyn proved to be an incredibly intelligent and competent ruler, furthering the reforms of his cousin Bralaegh and uniting the largely decentralized and war-ravaged kingdom into a centralized entity where the king was the highest authority in the realm. He fathered three children with his wife Riloma (died 572), the daughter of Bralaegh VI's late brother. Mariyn, who died in 609, is said to be responsible for the first true golden age of what is now Valloria. Valgar continued to expand at the expense of both the Oglothatean successor states as well as various tribes, some of which had followed in Valgar's footsteps and founded feudal kingdoms further south on the coast. By 700, Valgar's capital Visgath was the largest city in eastern Gralen and Valgar was highly powerful - and often Emperor of the Nine, a conglomeration of the nine major states on the Vallorian coast. This confederacy was formed after the Oglothatean state was reunited and became a renewed threat to the sovereignty of the kingdoms. The Emperor was elected by a meeting of representatives of the Nine and each of their respective dependencies upon the death or abdication of the previous holder. However, after Valgar formed personal unions over both its neighbors in 779 through a mix of threats, alliances, and politically advantageous marriages, the southern states left the Empire and Valgar reformed the institution as a hereditary imperial monarchy.

After a century of rule over both of its neighbors, a regency during the minority of Lord Emperor Ostrath I led to the nobility taking huge powers for itself. The ineffective 12-year-rule of Ostrath led his strong-willed successor Mariyn VIII to break the hold of the nobility, but concessions had to be made. A parliament was formed, and an elective monarchy was nearly instituted. However, in a brilliant move, Mariyn VIII forced the ducal nobility to make their positions elected: in each of the nineteen Archduchies, the seven to ten Dukes would elect an Archduke from amongst each other upon the death of the previous. With this concession, each Archduke was given the title Lord Representative and was able to represent their respective interests in the Imperial Council of the Empire of Valgar. The Emperor himself would often take the title of Lord Representative of Valgar, which was de jure the Archducal title of Valgar. Eventually, this title was combined with the title of Emperor and the monarch would often title himself the Lord Emperor. In order to streamline administration and reduce the presence of the monarch in legislative matters, the Lords Representative eventually demanded that the position of Lord Governor be created - subordinate to the Lord Emperor, sat on the Representative's Council, and governed Visgath in the stead of the Emperor. This institution sped the integration of Syferith and Seneca, as all nobility was represented.

By 940, both Syferith and Seneca were annexed and integrated into the Empire of Valgar. In the historic Battle of Seneca and the corresponding sea battle at Sergisfeht, Oglothatea was heavily defeated and Valgar established its dominance as the supreme power in the region. However, expansion into the western mountains supplied huge amounts of furs and steel to the southern states, which had united into the Empire of Osfryth in 983. These valuable trade resources weakened Valgar's power - as did a huge defeat at the Battle of Godtorp in 990, after which the throne was usurped by Whaerg the Bold. The Vespicz family was exiled to Osfryth's court until Whaerg was finally assassinated. This exile led to the royal marriage of the Vespicz heir to the eldest Stragnath (Osfryth's royal family) daughter, and vice versa. Forty-eight years after the Vespicz return, in 1047, the last Stragnath died and the Osfriy throne was inherited by Emperor Casiym VII ca Vespicz of Valgar. Casiym VII was mentally challenged throughout his reign, and this led to the weakening of the personal union throughout his life, becoming painfully apparent upon his death in 1060. However, his grand-nephew and heir Mariyn III was an incredibly capable ruler who modernized Valgar and integrated Osfryth, although the exhaustion caused by this led to catastrophic defeat in the War of Estreni Vassalage against Oglothatea.

Although Valgar reached its political, military, and economic apex during the fifty-two year reign of Mariyn III (the longest of any Vespicz monarch), a few decades after his death three short, decisive wars with Oglothatea and the drawn-out civil war in Osfryth led to the rapid decline in power and prestige of Valgar. Nearly completely integrated during the reign of Mariyn III, Osfryth became largely independent during the reign of his great-grandson Ostrath II, and attempts to restrict this led to the aforementioned civil war in 1130. By 1150, Osfryth was able to declare independence as the Kingdom of Wharlaey without any meaningful attempt at reintegration by Valgar, and war after war had caused the continual loss of border towns and cities in Valgar. Many historians agree that by 1200, Wharlaey eclipsed Valgar in power, despite being only two-thirds its size. Now, the year is 1293. The Oglothatean Empire is once again threatening even the most powerful of its neighbors, and the Valgari lands it once held uncontested are its next target for expansion.

TL;DR? Screw you, you inattentive peasant. Read the damn thing.

At this point, you're probably bored. Now I'm going to get to the juicy stuff. In this RP, you will play as one of the lords of Valgar, or Oglothatea, or Syvern, or Wharlaey, or even maybe a merchant dude; knock yourself out - during this complex age of war, intrigue, and changing power. I will play as the ambitious and highly intelligent Lord Governor of Visgath Mariyn ca Vespicz, steward to the ineffective Valgari Emperor Ostrath IV (NPC; controlled by me). I will try to save my liege from himself and the Oglothateans as they prepare to press their claim on the Valgari throne. You could be an Archduke on the Valgari Emperor's council, voting on all sorts of laws. Or a commander in Oglothatea. My co-OPs will each play one of the following: the Emperor of Oglothatea, the Emperor of Syvern, and the King of Wharlaey. All other characters must be vassals of one of these realms, or the independent leader of a smaller realm.
Last edited by Valloria on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
JON LOVITZ 2020

Ghondra
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:14 am

Valloria wrote:MEMBERSHIP APPKEYWORD:TEMPY

Concept:
Detailed Description: I'm not the most avid RPer, I have a fellowship (basically a job I don't get paid for but will eventually) and college and a whole slew of other stuff (well college is not right now, but you get the picture). However, sometimes I'll pop in for a little while. My availability will get better as the summer progresses. See spoiler for my concept for an RP.
Nation Name: Federal Directive of Valloria (sometimes Kingdom/Empire of Valloria/Vallar/Valgar/Valgai/Valgari)
#Venti - DO NOT DELETE

Map of the World - Now with Climate! (pursuant to the Köppen Climate Classification system, which can be Wikipedia'd to your heart's delight)
Prelim map of realm

So, my RP idea is set in the realm of Valgar (obviously...), a highly-decentralized medieval kingdom/empire on the continent of Gralen. A few countries of note:
• Empire of Valgar (:p): (capital: Visgath, Archduchy of Visgath | constituent Archduchies: Visgath (crownland), Seneca, Syferith, Ulthast, Vlosdorn, Berissa, Miklacz) Ruled by Lord Paramount Mariyn X of the imperial House ca Vespicz, by the grace of God, Emperor of Valloria, Archduke of Valgar, Duke of Vespicz, of Osdom, of Prizlan, and of Izel, and rightful Emperor of Osfryth (latter title defunct)
• Empire of Oglothatea: (capital: Oglothatea, Kingdom of Osan | constituent Kingdoms: Oglothatea, Doedgun, Vollin, Aran (these four are Oglothatean crownlands) Osan, Barcus, Moden, Segar, Lodelen, Sivula, Ameren, Posal, Istren) Ruled by Archregent Angorn VI of the imperial House urb Sleaznie, by the grace of God, Emperor of Oglothatea, King of the Oglothateans, the Doedgus, the Vollig, and the Arani, Archduke of Sleaznie, Duke of Bottern, of Lowellingen, and of Oglothatea
• Empire of Syvern: (capital: Svorwacz, Archduchy of Gaegon | constituent Archduchies: Gaegon (crownlands), Mboran, Vilhenny, Cudraw, Venmorg, Bolg, Persnon, Oslan) Ruled by Archregent Vellis IV of the imperial House Seirang-Wosdar, by the grace of God, Emperor of Oglothatea*, King of the Oglothateans*, Archduke of Lormgan, Duke of Seirang, Prince of Wosdar
• Kingdom of Wharlaey: (capital: Starn, Archduchy of Mordran | constituent Archduchies: Mordran (crownland), Losgelots, Isbearn, Hallegat) Ruled by Lord Paramount Mithar III of the royal House ca Vorpmern, by the grace of God, King of Wharlaey, Archduke of Mordran, Duke of Vorpmern, of Stragnath, and of Carmut
• Archduchy of Sozurn: (capital: Iarnhús, Eseda Island) | Sozurn is a merchant republic comprising of several islands) Ruled by Lord Governor NAME of the family OTHERNAME, Archduke-Elect of Sozurn, Lord of the Traders, Guildmaster of the Merchants' Guild
(side note: being a "Lord Paramount" implies independence and the lack of a suzerain - in reality, this is only assumed by Archdukes (independent ones, at least) and above, and only if they are independent)
ALL OF THE NAMES OF EVERYTHING (INCL. PEOPLE) BESIDES SYVERN, OGLOTHATEA, VALLORIA, AND WHARLAEY CAN BE CHANGED AT WILL!
*Syvern is one of the two remaining split-off Oglothatean empires (see below history), and both claim to be the true empire.

Valloria was not founded in the modern sense until 1697, six years after the Revolutions of 1691, which saw seven successive governments through eight months of anarchy. However, the nation of Valloria (under a different name, ideal, and type of government) has formally existed since the Grand Duchy of Valgar was proclaimed in 565. In the early days of civilization, the Oglothatean Empire prevailed as the dominant power in eastern Gralen - perhaps the cradle of civilization for the entire continent. Outside of its ever-expanding borders, Oglothatea was surrounded by a large number of tribes. Several attempts at federations of many tribes to combat the subjugating forces of Oglothatea failed. However in 432, Bralaegh Othgat of the Valgai tribe successfully united roughly 70% of the tribes within the scope of their ambitious neighbor into a coalition. Chief Bralaegh successfully led a force of two hundred thousand tribal warriors against a series of Oglothatean armies - defeating each in rapid succession. Bralaegh was so successful, in fact, that his army was able to march on the Oglothatean Peninsula itself. Bralaegh, unfortunately, died in the Siege of Ogloth, and the lack of his leadership caused the fracturing of the armies of the tribes into three factions, which weakened each other so severely that the Oglothatean reinforcements wiped them out with ease. The destruction they caused, however, weakened Oglothatea so much that they eventually split into four rival empires some 60 years later.

This split left the route wide open for tribal chiefdoms to take their slice of Oglothatea. The heir to the Othgat dynasty of Valgai tribe, Argouw II Vostoti was the most ambitious of these, single-handedly conquering the weakest of the four Oglothatean successor states in 527, founding the Duchy of Valgair. His grandson Bralaegh IV Bisgata founded a city in 558 across the Bay of Asgolat from the city of Asgolat itself. The settlement of Bisgata, bearing the second name of its founder, would eventually become the core of the modern Vallorian capital of Visgath. There, Bralaegh IV proclaimed the Grand Duchy of Valgar and declared himself suzerain over all other tribes of the same culture. This led to a series of long but relatively successful wars that often involved grueling guerilla tactics and resulted in the crippling of the previously plentiful hinterlands of Asgolat - causing the decline of the city. Once the tribes were subjugated to the Grand Duchy, Bralaegh declared Valgar a Kingdom and crowned himself High King of All Valgari and Overlord of Aglosen. Bralaegh VI died in 574 childless and heirless - ending the ancient Othgat dynasty and throwing the young kingdom into a succession crisis. A civil war lasting three years led to Bralaegh's willed claimant Mariyn ca Vespicz inheriting the throne. Mariyn was the great-grandson of Argouw II by his second daughter Fra and local noble (and claimant to the Oglothatean crown) Isgarn ca Vespicz. Historians mark Mariyn's ascent as the beginning of the Middle Eon.

Despite a lack of royal education in his childhood, the 29-year-old Mariyn proved to be an incredibly intelligent and competent ruler, furthering the reforms of his cousin Bralaegh and uniting the largely decentralized and war-ravaged kingdom into a centralized entity where the king was the highest authority in the realm. He fathered three children with his wife Riloma (died 572), the daughter of Bralaegh VI's late brother. Mariyn, who died in 609, is said to be responsible for the first true golden age of what is now Valloria. Valgar continued to expand at the expense of both the Oglothatean successor states as well as various tribes, some of which had followed in Valgar's footsteps and founded feudal kingdoms further south on the coast. By 700, Valgar's capital Visgath was the largest city in eastern Gralen and Valgar was highly powerful - and often Emperor of the Nine, a conglomeration of the nine major states on the Vallorian coast. This confederacy was formed after the Oglothatean state was reunited and became a renewed threat to the sovereignty of the kingdoms. The Emperor was elected by a meeting of representatives of the Nine and each of their respective dependencies upon the death or abdication of the previous holder. However, after Valgar formed personal unions over both its neighbors in 779 through a mix of threats, alliances, and politically advantageous marriages, the southern states left the Empire and Valgar reformed the institution as a hereditary imperial monarchy.

After a century of rule over both of its neighbors, a regency during the minority of Lord Emperor Ostrath I led to the nobility taking huge powers for itself. The ineffective 12-year-rule of Ostrath led his strong-willed successor Mariyn VIII to break the hold of the nobility, but concessions had to be made. A parliament was formed, and an elective monarchy was nearly instituted. However, in a brilliant move, Mariyn VIII forced the ducal nobility to make their positions elected: in each of the nineteen Archduchies, the seven to ten Dukes would elect an Archduke from amongst each other upon the death of the previous. With this concession, each Archduke was given the title Lord Representative and was able to represent their respective interests in the Imperial Council of the Empire of Valgar. The Emperor himself would often take the title of Lord Representative of Valgar, which was de jure the Archducal title of Valgar. Eventually, this title was combined with the title of Emperor and the monarch would often title himself the Lord Emperor. In order to streamline administration and reduce the presence of the monarch in legislative matters, the Lords Representative eventually demanded that the position of Lord Governor be created - subordinate to the Lord Emperor, sat on the Representative's Council, and governed Visgath in the stead of the Emperor. This institution sped the integration of Syferith and Seneca, as all nobility was represented.

By 940, both Syferith and Seneca were annexed and integrated into the Empire of Valgar. In the historic Battle of Seneca and the corresponding sea battle at Sergisfeht, Oglothatea was heavily defeated and Valgar established its dominance as the supreme power in the region. However, expansion into the western mountains supplied huge amounts of furs and steel to the southern states, which had united into the Empire of Osfryth in 983. These valuable trade resources weakened Valgar's power - as did a huge defeat at the Battle of Godtorp in 990, after which the throne was usurped by Whaerg the Bold. The Vespicz family was exiled to Osfryth's court until Whaerg was finally assassinated. This exile led to the royal marriage of the Vespicz heir to the eldest Stragnath (Osfryth's royal family) daughter, and vice versa. Forty-eight years after the Vespicz return, in 1047, the last Stragnath died and the Osfriy throne was inherited by Emperor Casiym VII ca Vespicz of Valgar. Casiym VII was mentally challenged throughout his reign, and this led to the weakening of the personal union throughout his life, becoming painfully apparent upon his death in 1060. However, his grand-nephew and heir Mariyn III was an incredibly capable ruler who modernized Valgar and integrated Osfryth, although the exhaustion caused by this led to catastrophic defeat in the War of Estreni Vassalage against Oglothatea.

Although Valgar reached its political, military, and economic apex during the fifty-two year reign of Mariyn III (the longest of any Vespicz monarch), a few decades after his death three short, decisive wars with Oglothatea and the drawn-out civil war in Osfryth led to the rapid decline in power and prestige of Valgar. Nearly completely integrated during the reign of Mariyn III, Osfryth became largely independent during the reign of his great-grandson Ostrath II, and attempts to restrict this led to the aforementioned civil war in 1130. By 1150, Osfryth was able to declare independence as the Kingdom of Wharlaey without any meaningful attempt at reintegration by Valgar, and war after war had caused the continual loss of border towns and cities in Valgar. Many historians agree that by 1200, Wharlaey eclipsed Valgar in power, despite being only two-thirds its size. Now, the year is 1293. The Oglothatean Empire is once again threatening even the most powerful of its neighbors, and the Valgari lands it once held uncontested are its next target for expansion.

At this point, you're probably bored. Now I'm going to get to the juicy stuff. In this RP, you will play as one of the lords of Valgar, or Oglothatea, or Syvern, or Wharlaey, or even maybe a merchant dude; knock yourself out - during this complex age of war, intrigue, and changing power. I will play as the ambitious and highly intelligent Lord Governor of Visgath Mariyn ca Vespicz, steward to the ineffective Valgari Emperor Ostrath IV (NPC; controlled by me). I will try to save my liege from himself and the Oglothateans as they prepare to press their claim on the Valgari throne. You could be an Archduke on the Valgari Emperor's council, voting on all sorts of laws. Or a commander in Oglothatea. My co-OPs will each play one of the following: the Emperor of Oglothatea, the Emperor of Syvern, and the King of Wharlaey. All other characters must be vassals of one of these realms, or the independent leader of a smaller realm.

You do not do things by Half measures don't you Vall :p
ACCEPTED. And the concept is very interesting. To clarify, even though the map is the same as Terra these are different canons correct?
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

Ghondra
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 am

Vall can I have a blank world map where people can easily edit in the boundaries of their nation?
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:50 am

Valloria wrote:TL;DR? Screw you, you inattentive peasant. Read the damn thing.

Well screw you too
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Ghondra
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:52 am

Here's a sneak peek of AWIC's OP. Enjoy ;)

A World in Chaos
Clockwise from Top-left: View of the Victoria City WTC burning after Terrorists deliberately crashed a plane into it, Coalition Forces move in for Operation Viper, Albertian police battles Pro-Brettonian Union protesters in Roald Square, and the Allemanian Wall is torn down, marking the end of the Cold War.

This RP was made with the assistance of the RP Group Thought Cafe, come check us out!

The early 21st Century was marked as a great period of change and strife in the world. Throughout the globe the promise of a more peaceful and secure world grew ever out of reach as terrorism and sectarianism kept in check by the threat of Nuclear Fire bubbled up to the surface, creating a domino effect where countries, many of them in the Third World, went under the control of extremist and populist parties, appealing to people's baser urges. In the fallen second world, who lost the Cold War, resentment over the First World's prosperity and peace while it was left in squalor and shame caused the growth of authoritarian regimes that would not look strange in the ranks of the Axis of the Second World War.

The World is truly in chaos, the dream of peace and freedom for all have been replaced by a self perpetuating cycle of fear, chaos and destruction, while the strong prospered the weak suffered and thus began to resent those who ruled the global stage.

On December 31st 2016, New Years Eve, the Global Security and Policy Foundation set the Doomsday clock to one minute to midnight. The world waited with baited breath, preparing to face a titanic clash greater than that of previous ages.

Too hammy?

Agrees on:
Disagree on:

Ghondra
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:54 am

Hey guys lets find a theme song for the group! I vote this

Agrees on:
Disagree on:

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:59 am

Ghondra wrote:Hey guys lets find a theme song for the group! I vote this

I vote This

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:02 am

Ghondra wrote:Here's a sneak peek of AWIC's OP. Enjoy ;)

A World in Chaos
(Image)
Clockwise from Top-left: View of the Victoria City WTC burning after Terrorists deliberately crashed a plane into it, Coalition Forces move in for Operation Viper, Albertian police battles Pro-Brettonian Union protesters in Roald Square, and the Allemanian Wall is torn down, marking the end of the Cold War.

This RP was made with the assistance of the RP Group Thought Cafe, come check us out!

The early 21st Century was marked as a great period of change and strife in the world. Throughout the globe the promise of a more peaceful and secure world grew ever out of reach as terrorism and sectarianism kept in check by the threat of Nuclear Fire bubbled up to the surface, creating a domino effect where countries, many of them in the Third World, went under the control of extremist and populist parties, appealing to people's baser urges. In the fallen second world, who lost the Cold War, resentment over the First World's prosperity and peace while it was left in squalor and shame caused the growth of authoritarian regimes that would not look strange in the ranks of the Axis of the Second World War.

The World is truly in chaos, the dream of peace and freedom for all have been replaced by a self perpetuating cycle of fear, chaos and destruction, while the strong prospered the weak suffered and thus began to resent those who ruled the global stage.

On December 31st 2016, New Years Eve, the Global Security and Policy Foundation set the Doomsday clock to one minute to midnight. The world waited with baited breath, preparing to face a titanic clash greater than that of previous ages.

Too hammy?

Look great imo, but I suppose these...countries like Allemania or Albertian is just example and not cannon?

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Ghondra
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:09 am

Stadenwick wrote:

I vote This

This is actually perfect for this group hahaha.

Stadenwick wrote:
Ghondra wrote:Here's a sneak peek of AWIC's OP. Enjoy ;)

A World in Chaos
(Image)

Too hammy?

Look great imo, but I suppose these...countries like Allemania or Albertian is just example and not cannon?

We'll see. In our world there's about 192 Countries, in the RP we're probably gonna have 20-30 people tops so most of the nations are gonna be NPCs anyhow.

Agrees on:
Disagree on:

Ghondra
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:58 am

Alright I finished the OP for AWIC. Tell me what you think or if you have anything to add. I sorta rushed the setting bits.

A World in Chaos
Theme Song
A Part of The World of Terra

"The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies"
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Welcome one and all to the Reboot of my greatest RP! A WORLD IN CHAOS! *Cheering* This RP is set in a world much like ours but yet strangely different called Terra, drawing inspiration from works like Ace Combat, this RP is set in a micro-timeline of the world of Terra, a worldbuilding project of the Thought Cafe RP Group, both of which all of you are welcomed to join. In this you play a country as the world ticks to Armageddon. You can try to avert it, or embrace it.

This RP is a fusion of RP, you control a faction, but in most posts you will be telling a story using a random made up character. Say there is a battle, you give us the point of view of a commander, or the common soldier. There's a declaration of war, you write a speech delivered in your country's chamber of parliament. I think you get the gist of it.

Note: It is ideal for you to join Thought Cafe as well if you don't have high posting frequency.

THE SETTING

A World In Chaos takes place in the year 2017, the world is at the razor's edge of world conflict due to the agressive maneuvers of all sides in attempting to become the dominant world power. The world since the fall of the Communist Bloc wasn't much different from ours. On June 6th 2006 terrorists hijacked Ghondran Airlines 190 and crashed it into the World Trace Center in Victoria City. At the same time they attempted to crash a plane into Ghondra's Ministries of Defense and the Royal Palace. The latter of which failed.

This kicked off a Global "War on Terrorism" led by Ghondra, although war planners predict the eradication of major terrorist activities within a few months, the War turned into a decade long anti-insurgency operation that cost thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of Crowns. This war also turned many nations against Ghondra, seeing how it treated other nations' sovereignty in order to prosecute this fight.

Now the world order is teetering on the edge of complete collapse as nations began gearing up for possible war.
The Trinity
Type: Polytheistic
Deity(es): The Father, The Mother and The Son
Origins: Faith of the Bismarck, Mix of native beliefs and Bismarcker Polytheism
Real World Counterpart Roman Catholicism
The Trinity, known to most as the Faith was once the religion of the Bismarck, with the dissemination of Bismarck culture throughout Brettonia, the Trinity has been adopted by many Brettonians, and its followers outnumber every other faith combined.

The Faith is based around the concept of the Family, three deities; The Father, representing Paternal Wisdom, steadfastness and Patience. The Mother, representing Maternal Wisdom, sacrifice and courage. And the Son, representing valor, strength and passion. A follower prays to the father for guidance, the mother for wisdom and the son for strength. The Trinity has invented the concept of knighthood and chivalry as a way to attract young warriors to its banner, a Knight is blessed in the light of the Son. The Trinity is based in Bismarck, and the current leader is Pope Lucas IV. It has an educated clergy assisted by a sisterhood of nuns. Most of its followers are contained to the Ghondran speaking world and Brettonia.

Trinity Orthodoxy
Type: Polytheism
Deity(es): The Father, The Mother and The Son.
Origins: Offshoot of Trinity
Real World Counterpart: Greek Orthodoxy
The Trinity Orthodoxy was an offshoot of the Trinity that soon became almost a religion unto itself. Originally based in the Auld Empire, the remnants of the Bismarcker Empire (fell 862 AD) and soon become as popular as the traditional form of the religion. It is present mostly in the former Communist countries, a product of the Counter-Revolution wherein the former communist countries turned to religious laws.

Kaean Desert Faith
Type: Monotheism
Deity(es): God the Sandfather
Origins: Kaean Deserts
Real World Counterpart: Islam/Judaism
Kaean Desert Faith is a form of Monotheism in which there is one supreme being, God the Sandfather, who created the seas, stars, moon, sky and lands. Blessing the sands of Middle Kaea to give birth to his chosen people. The Desert Faith has been under threat by Extremists who chooses to twist the words of its holy scriptures to fit their own ends. Most notable of which was the 6/6 Attacks on the Victoria City Twin Towers.
The Brettonian Union

A Supranational Union of the various disparage states of the continent of Brettonia. Bortn after the fires of the Second World War, wherein the continent tore itself apart, the Brettonian Union was aimed at preventing that from happening ever again by integrating the nations of the continent and bind them together into one common destiny. The BU has a common currency in the Bretton and has a free trade, free movement area in the form of the Bismarck Agreement.

The BU seeks to have a common Foreign Policy and Defense but this is opposed by some of the bigger members such as the Empire of Ghondra, who has been traditionally Brettoskeptic. Talks of a Ghoxit however, is hogwash and wishful thinking.

The United Nations

Formed after the end of the Second World War with the aim of ensuring World peace. The UN is an international body wherein all countries convene for the common good of humanity, making decisions that ensure continued peace and prosperity throughout the world, and working to assist developing nations as they join the ranks of the developed world. However most of this is ideals, and the UN has largely failed in its diplomatic initiative to maintain world peace.

The UN's primary security body is the UNSC, the United Nations Security Council. Made up of five permanent members with veto power, the big five, and 10 switching temporary members. The UNSC has the power of authorizing an Arms Embargo, Economic Sanctions, and authorizing Military Interventions.

The UN convenes once every two years in a General Session but an Extraordinary or an Emergency session of the UN General and Security Council can be held at any moment, should the need arise.

The Atalantic Treaty Organization

The ATO was formed after the 1941 meeting between the heads of states and governments of the Allied Forces. It was decided that there would be a binding treaty between willing nations. Originally formed with the purpose to fight fascism, it soon evolved into a tool to fight communism as the Cold War began in earnest.

The ATO today is facing severe criticism due to its perceived warmongering and the fact that there are no longer any real enemies for it to fight. Other than...

The Collective Security Treaty Organization

The CSTO was formed in 2011 by a general meeting in the City of Larovia. The Larovia Accords dictated that signatory countries would form a bloc to ensure collective security and prosperity for its members. It has repeatedly challenged the ATO for dominance.

Rules
1. My Word is Law
2. So are my Co-OPs
3. Follow NS Thread Rules (Keep it PG-13)
4. Only three countries may have a GDP exceeding 5 Trillion USD
5. Only six countries shall have a population exceeding 100 million
6. Only three countries may have the territorial size of USA/Russia/China/Canada.
7. Tech will not exceed early PMT
8. Be Realistic. A country isn't going to be invaded in 13 hours. Keep in mind logistics and troop movement as well
9. Troop count shall not exceed 5% of population at the most. Ideal is 1%.
10. If you are going to be absent notify me, my Co-Ops or the OOC if neither are available.
11. Have Fun :)

Applications

Code: Select all
[size=150][align=center][b][color=#FF0000]Nation Application[/color][/b][/size][/align][hr][/hr]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]RP Nation Name:[/b] (If same as your Nation Name leave blank)
[b]Form of Government:[/b]
[b]Economic System:[/b]
[b]Political Ideology:[/b]
[b]Capital City:[/b]
[b]Largest City:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Government: (Head of State, Head of Government)[/b]
[b]National Language: (And Real World Equivalent in Parentheses)[/b]
[b]Demonym:[/b]
[b]Legislature:[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Flag:[/b] (Link or use Spoilers please)
[b]Ethnicities:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]GDP:[/b]
[b]GDP/Capita:[/b]
[b]Currency:[/b]
[b]Annual GDP Growth rate:[/b]
[b]Exchange Rate to USD:[/b]
[b]Main Exports:[/b]
[b]Main Imports:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Military:[/b] (Brief Overview, Description, and Size)
[list][*][b]Navy:[/b] (If Land-Locked leave blank)
[b]Army:[/b]
[b]Air Force:[/list][/b]
[b]Tech Level:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]A Brief History of My Nation:[/b]
Last edited by Ghondra on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Agrees on:
Disagree on:

Valloria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:44 am

Ghondra wrote:
Valloria wrote:MEMBERSHIP APPKEYWORD:TEMPY

Concept:
#Venti - DO NOT DELETE

Prelim map of realm

You do not do things by Half measures don't you Vall :p
ACCEPTED. And the concept is very interesting. To clarify, even though the map is the same as Terra these are different canons correct?

I never half-ass anything. I always put in a full ass.

Also, no, this is the same canon (well, sort of). It begins as the same canon, but diverges obviously as people RP. It begins at a time that actually happened in the history of Valloria, which is a country in A World in Chaos. But by the end, I doubt it will exactly follow the history I have created. (I have maps with borders for every country in the region going from 5000 BCE to modern times, complete with province subdivisions, organized by 25-year; 10-year as you get closer to modern times, etc. and a three page history thing written out)

The map you requested
Last edited by Valloria on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
JON LOVITZ 2020

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:50 am

Woah. This exploded overnight.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:38 am

Someone say politics (5pages back)?

I can be the resident political expert. My skill set transcends the amateur in American politics anyway, as an intern of the Republican National Convention and a long time participant in HMUN.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:40 am

Please dont ever bring that pretend-to-be-alt trash here, ugh.

Oh wait it is your thread. But still, I would never be in an RP group with this as a theme song. :P

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:52 am

Sanabel wrote:

Please dont ever bring that pretend-to-be-alt trash here, ugh.

Oh wait it is your thread. But still, I would never be in an RP group with this as a theme song. :P

Oh come on, King Ug. At least it's not decided yet, you can still vote for this

Sanabel wrote:Someone say politics (5pages back)?

I can be the resident political expert. My skill set transcends the amateur in American politics anyway, as an intern of the Republican National Convention and a long time participant in HMUN.

Whoa whoa you are an intern in the Republican National Convention? That's pretty impressive feat.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Valloria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:55 am

Stadenwick wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Please dont ever bring that pretend-to-be-alt trash here, ugh.

Whoa whoa you are an intern in the Republican National Convention? That's pretty impressive feat.

If you need someone from the other side of the aisle, I'm a field organizer with the Democratic Party of Florida.
JON LOVITZ 2020

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 am

Valloria wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Oh come on, King Ug. At least it's not decided yet, you can still vote for this

If you need someone from the other side of the aisle, I'm a field organizer with the Democratic Party of Florida.

Fite me
Stadenwick wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Please dont ever bring that pretend-to-be-alt trash here, ugh.

I vote for that.

Yes, I applied and was accepted. I applied when I thought it would be contested. Thanks!

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:01 am

Valloria wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Oh come on, King Ug. At least it's not decided yet, you can still vote for this

:o Well this whole thing escalate quickly. Let me take my barely-coming-to-age-to-vote ass and humbly sit in the corner and cry about my non-existent political knowledge.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Valloria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:10 am

Sanabel wrote:
Valloria wrote:If you need someone from the other side of the aisle, I'm a field organizer with the Democratic Party of Florida.

Fite me

I vote for that.

Yes, I applied and was accepted. I applied when I thought it would be contested. Thanks!

For the theme song, it's a damn shame I don't like good music. Or at least good music that would fit this.

(I'm a fan of classical, Rod Stewart-esque, 80's heavy/hair metal, and emo/alt-rock. I know, I'm dumb and my tastes are trash.)
JON LOVITZ 2020

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:07 am

Valloria wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Fite me

I vote for that.

For the theme song, it's a damn shame I don't like good music. Or at least good music that would fit this.

(I'm a fan of classical, Rod Stewart-esque, 80's heavy/hair metal, and emo/alt-rock. I know, I'm dumb and my tastes are trash.)

I listen to Indie Folk these days, so you aren't alone.

That said, I still love First Wave and Romanticist classical and always will.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:14 am

RP INTEREST & DEVELOPMENT

Concept: You play someone who is dead
Genre(s): Character, Noire perhaps
Type (Character/Faction/Nation): Character definitely
Detailed Description: Basically you play a dead person, real or made up, and RP the various goings-on and misadventures a dead person might face. For example, rotting, being in a coffin, the black nothingness. Basically you are dead and nothing happens.
#AssemblyLine

Concept: RP of an RP
Genre(s): I dont fucking care
Type (Character/Faction/Nation): Nation?
Detailed Description: Basically we RP the OOC of one of our RPs. Eh?
#AssemblyLine

Concept: Tree based RP
Genre(s): Nature? Idfk
Type (Character/Faction/Nation): Character
Detailed Description: Basically you RP being a tree, doing tree shit. Pollination is pretty fun, I know, but in this you would only RP the tree end of the process, weather factors and pollinating insects would be NPC of course.

Some brilliant ideas from the 'ol noodle.
#AssemblyLine

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:19 am

Stadenwick wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:General populace and around the world on missions. Not everyone will like the fact a god blessed them randomly and forced responsibilities upon them.

It's better than God copulate with them randomly and forced responsibilities upon them. I'm looking at you, Zeus.

Well there is that, but most Demigods won't exactly be sane or free due to the threat they can be.

And yes Ghon, like X-men, but different.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 am

Sanabel wrote:RP INTEREST & DEVELOPMENT

Detailed Description: Basically you play a dead person, real or made up, and RP the various goings-on and misadventures a dead person might face. For example, rotting, being in a coffin, the black nothingness. Basically you are dead and nothing happens.
#AssemblyLine

So basically Murdered:Soul Suspect?

#AssemblyLine

So meta, what will we do in the OOC though?

Detailed Description: Basically you RP being a tree, doing tree shit. Pollination is pretty fun, I know, but in this you would only RP the tree end of the process, weather factors and pollinating insects would be NPC of course.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I say we make the story board already. My suggestion is we end it by being cut in the illegal logging.

Aye.

Tracian Empire wrote:

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:38 am

Stadenwick wrote:

#AssemblyLine

So basically Murdered:Soul Suspect?

#AssemblyLine

So meta, what will we do in the OOC though?

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I say we make the story board already. My suggestion is we end it by being cut in the illegal logging.

1. Yeah, only not at all, because the characters are just dead. Nothing supernatural or fancy, they are just dead, in a coffin, no after life, nothing. Just dead.

2. We will talk about how shitty of an idea it is.

3. Yeah man, that's my personal favorite idea. We need to decide what the setting would be.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse