NATION

PASSWORD

Assassination Academy: King of Killers! (OOC,Interest, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:46 pm

So Atlannia, if I re-allocated that point, would my app be accepted?

Also, who are the CO-OP's, if any? I don't see a list anywhere, so I thought I'd ask.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:My character is in a spoiler on the 3rd last post on Page 2 of the thread.

(Agatha Benson)

Repost:

Personal Information:
Name: Agatha Benson
Appearance: Agatha has shoulder length red hair, dark red eyes that glow slightly when using their later-stated abilities and are 1.86 metres tall, have a lithe build, have pale skin. They have a stereotypical European facial shape.
Birthplace: Byzena, 1994 15th of April, 4:28 PM Greenwich mean time.
Nationality: British.
Personality: Agatha is a medically defined psychopath as well as having savant syndrome towards science and languages, being able to speak English, French, German and Russian interchangeably. She is incredibly manipulative and incapable of forming relationships or feeling any real emotion other than a deep, ingrained sadism. She is incredibly sadistic and enjoys killing and inflicting pain. They are surprisingly academic, studying various subjects, but not being very good at advanced Mathematics. They have an IQ of 114 and have very slightly Asperger's syndrome. They have very defined Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in that they perform almost ritualistic behaviours, such as always arranging furniture in a specific pattern and never doing some things before an appointed time, having a strict schedule. They are generally hygienic, but have no qualms about being dirty, being passive to being covered in blood, feces and mucous, but having a mild trepidation in relation to death, as expected in humans. They have no real fears to speak of other than the ones already stated.
They have an ENTJ personality and have a slight case of narcissism and used to suffer from persecutory syndrome. They enjoy killing, reading, knowing for a fact they have someone on their side, and also have a somewhat compulsive need to betray people. They heavily dislike movies in general, things they consider old-fashioned and rude people. Agatha is incredibly antagonistic towards selfish and narcissistic persons as well as people she believes "suffer" from juvenoia, though they recognise their own delusions, mental illnesses and hypocritical nature, as they themselves are narcissistic, and constantly self-deprecate internally about how they are just full of problems and that they have many mental illnesses, though this rarely changes their mind or mood, as they lack a mood to begin with for the most part. They are heavily invested into philosophical questions and ramifications, though they usually use this as ways to think of why they themselves are wrong, as opposed to actually contemplating them. Their personality is quite inconsistent in the manner that despite an outwards manifestation of narcissism and arrogant behaviour, they are unnecessarily self-deprecating. Agatha is also a pyromaniac, but tries to counter this, ironically creating a behavioural pattern similar to pyrophobia and have decent firearms and vehicular experience. They do not take any substances, are a virgin and are asexual, do not drink or take drugs of any kind except for sleeping pills and various small doses of poison to test their lethality.
Agatha is very sadistic and is also automasochistic, enjoying self-mutilation. When in an emotional extreme, which is extremely rare, the surrounding area will spontaneously manifest multiple smaller slashes along it, almost always uniform, paying no heed to the actual strength of material involved that it cuts. They are incredibly brutal and almost ritualistic in their killings, making their enemies suffer as much as possible, even doing research on the human somatosensory nervous system in order to find out how to cause the most pain, as well as having remembered and mapped every part of the heart and every artery in the body. They will often arrange corpses and blood in sometimes cryptic, but always highly organised patterns. They have their own way of writing, using a mix of Egyptian Heiroglpyhs, Teutonic Script and Arabic Symbols to write out messages. They are capable of almost instant processing on ciphers and codes, being able to mentally translate through binary, morse and atbash ciphers e.t.c on the spot without extended periods of working.

Biography: Agatha was born in Byzenna to Jonathan and Scout Benson, of whom both were incredibly substance dependent. They were neglectful, abusive and generally bad parents, leading to Agatha developing questionable morals, though most of psychopathy stems from genetics and not actual upbringing. They killed their parents by setting the house on fire, and promptly started an early childhood at the age of 11 of crime, killing stealing, relying on careful planning and attacking isolated targets instead of directly confronting them.

Agatha eventually joined the military and torched the barracks, killing most of the people inside, and then went through a total personality and background change, becoming a totally different person by disowning their history and historical records. They then proceeded to join the academy after becoming bored with a string of violent murders and arson attacks throughout the continent.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68wk6m05ojw (Yes, I am a massive Undertale fan, and this is basically my interpretation of a really dark, magical version of Chara)

Combat Information
Equipment: Various casual clothes, mostly just normal pants, a shirt and a jacket, but for the most part a black shirt, denim jeans, a sheepskin jacket, leather boots, sunglasses and sometimes two velvet gloves. They also carry a hunting knife about 14 centimetres long and sometimes a firearm, usually a pistol, but most likely a 50 Caliber Revolver similar in design to the Smith & Wesson 500. They also carry a syringe filled with Succinylcholine and Botulinum poison.
Fighting style: Agatha usually attempts to manipulate opponents and other people into doing her dirty work for her, or poisoning them, or literally just going all out "hiding in plain sight" mode and shoot them while they're in the alley behind their favourite sushi place and walking away. In actual physical confrontation though, they tend to only use their powers, or if that is inapplicable, they will draw their revolver and figure out a way to get the bloodstains out of their custom tailored jacket later. They tend to be methodical, calculating and precise in combat, usually setting up a situation to their own benefit, or using subliminal psychological cues in their opponent's personality to unnerve them and decrease their overall effectiveness.
Agatha is capable of "sharp" telekinesis over a distance of approximately 100 metres in whatever direction they are facing in an oval shape. The telekinesis in question comes naturally after studying it for an extended period of time, and manifests as either multiple smaller cuts or one large gash. They can either inflict millions of microscopic cuts, causing their opponent or the target to spontaneously liquefy and disintegrate, or they can use it all in one go, acting as if the opponent had been violently torn in half after being hit with a giant chainsaw covered in barbed wire, though the attacks can be blocked and objects held in front of the opponent in the direction they are looking or their hand is facing is effective at negating the effects. The cuts are strong enough to shred flesh and heavy armour, being strong enough to slowly wear down concrete and at full strength, fully shear through steel rebar, but at extremely high cost of energy and health. When Agatha is hurt, the wound itself always takes the shape of a cut, no matter the actual nature of the injury itself, for example, being burnt would instead create a cauterised gash along their abdomen and being shot would create a large ravine in their skin and flesh. Wounds will typically emit a massive cone shaped stream of highly visible cuts shown by the air around them being shifted and distorted by millions of cuts that will shred anything that walks into them within a metre, typically lasting for a few seconds, but being much longer the more serious the wound is. It also has the side effect that arterial ruptures and severe flesh trauma are much more common in combat than for normal humans.
Their telekinesis is capable of inflicting 750 Megapascals of force all in one go, with the force staying the same throughout all iterations and uses of the ability, as size changes the force of the cut. They are incapable of cutting through anything with a yield strength higher than 1000 Megapascals but can still wear down non-crystal objects of a strength up to 1300 MPA of yield strength. Their abilities can be stopped from manifesting by injecting them with copper, wounding them a lot or if they use too much of it at once, burning out and being unable to use it for a period of up to multiple hours, though when they lack their abilities their endurance and agility is slightly raised, due to the physiological and mental barriers put into place by the use of the ability.
Agatha's abilities are caused by causing electromagnetic waves and the Higg's field (Through a shift in its power and orientation using spontaneously generated Higgs Bosons and directly manipulating the Higgs Field) to propel virtual particles at incredibly fast speeds towards an object whose molecular makeup and covalent bonds have been shattered by temporarily shifting the strong and weak nuclear forces, as well as the electron orbitals, which wears away the object. In larger manifestations of the ability the effect is more apparent, a minor energy yield of shifting the forces and shattering the covalent bonds taking shape as a microscopic series of electromagnetic and thermodynamic explosions and shockwaves that disintegrates the target before being violently swept away.

I'm so sorry for trying to explain it scientifically; I'll try to reapply for school now...

Special moves: Agatha's "special ability" is called the "Hadouken" where the- [THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT TO VIEW THE FULL POST PLEASE PURCHASE NATIONSTATES GOLD MEMBERSHIP]

Agatha's special ability is to inflict a series of microscopic cuts inside the victim's somatosensory nervous system, slowly destroying all of the nerve fibres from the very furthest point inwards, slowly paralysing them and causing absolutely excruciating pain, capable of even overpowering the wills of pain-resistant martial arts masters. Eventually the spine is severed and the brain stem is demolished, killing the victim instantly. The ability can only be used every 24 hours very sparingly and requires an absolutely massive amount of energy to perform as well as the enemy being already incredibly weak, either through exhaustion or combat. It is not uncommon for Agatha to immediately collapse after performing the attack. A more practical "special move" would be a series of incredibly powerful cuts that attempt to rip off the victim's limbs.

Combat Statistics

Power: B (E when burnt-out)

Endurance: F (E when burnt-out)

Agility: D

Intelligence: B

Special Moves: C

Odds and Ends
RP example: Hee hee hee... BOTH!!!

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... start=1189

The acheronian alleyways and otiose advertisements hung on various low quality storefronts made no difference to Demetrius' decision. Stepping into the alleyway, his precocious astute vision caught a shadowy, tenebrous figure in his periphery. Swiftly turning around, he yelled; "I have plenipotentiary authority by your clan leader! Stand down!"

The ninja in the corner stepped out into the light and drew their blade, the finely honed dark grey blade cutting through the crisp night air with barely a sound. Demetrius stared them down with a condescending and pretentious gaze, acting arrogant and superior to the point of him lifting his chin up so high that if the ninja made a move at all, his throat would be slit in only a second, spilling tepid crimson fluids onto the street, mingling with the various fetid chemicals between the pavement.

an' den ther wuz a bunch off ninjus and dey ded oh teh noez cuz batmun came 2 da citee and kild jokker wit a knif cuz y nut

I Read the rules and am a cool person who agrees to abide by them: Rules are for the weak, used by the strong who assert themselves to control the mindless droves of idiots and intellectuals alike by placing themselves in a false position of power. In any case, yes, but do expect to have to rebuke me often... Because seriously, I godmod... A lot...

#NUMBAT

EDIT

Should we just say the timing and calendars of the Nexus are the same as Earth, or what?

Can I get you to turn down the range on that telekinesis? 100 metres seems a bit excessive, maybe around 50-60.

Alsp why is copper a weakness, that's not really an issue I'm just curious.

And yeah, I'm not going to come up with different months and stuff.

Shadowwell wrote:These are just ideas, i may not actually add them, but would like feedback nonetheless.
Restricting Shadows: A construct jumps out of a nearby shadow and grabs the target, and melds into their shadow and immobilizes them, for a time. It takes time for the shadows to do so, this can be used during the day, as long as there are shadows, but the constructs wll be less powerful and efficient.
Accompanied by the words, "Sometimes, when you Stare into the Darkness, The Darkness does stare back"

Dias of Darkness: He creates a a circle of Darkness on the ground , within which he can freely control the shadows, without his active control when someone besides him passes through it the shadows come alive, and grab them. They dont immobilize immediately, as the shadows take time to bind the intruder. This can only be used at night, and cant be used with his other special moves.

They seem okay, though I would be pretty leery of you having them right now in addition to your existing one, if you wanted to unlock them later that would be fine.

The Burning Sun wrote:So Atlannia, if I re-allocated that point, would my app be accepted?

Also, who are the CO-OP's, if any? I don't see a list anywhere, so I thought I'd ask.

I'd have to give it another look over but I didn't notice any other issues.

Drakmah is the co-op, I'll have to add that to the front page.
...!?!

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Alright, I edited my character and removed the repost.

Copper is a weakness because I said so, and it's because I thought they were going to be a bit overpowered if they could just blast their way out of a steel room.
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Atlannia wrote:
Hank J Wimbleton wrote:My character is in a spoiler on the 3rd last post on Page 2 of the thread.

(Agatha Benson)

Repost:

Personal Information:
Name: Agatha Benson
Appearance: Agatha has shoulder length red hair, dark red eyes that glow slightly when using their later-stated abilities and are 1.86 metres tall, have a lithe build, have pale skin. They have a stereotypical European facial shape.
Birthplace: Byzena, 1994 15th of April, 4:28 PM Greenwich mean time.
Nationality: British.
Personality: Agatha is a medically defined psychopath as well as having savant syndrome towards science and languages, being able to speak English, French, German and Russian interchangeably. She is incredibly manipulative and incapable of forming relationships or feeling any real emotion other than a deep, ingrained sadism. She is incredibly sadistic and enjoys killing and inflicting pain. They are surprisingly academic, studying various subjects, but not being very good at advanced Mathematics. They have an IQ of 114 and have very slightly Asperger's syndrome. They have very defined Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in that they perform almost ritualistic behaviours, such as always arranging furniture in a specific pattern and never doing some things before an appointed time, having a strict schedule. They are generally hygienic, but have no qualms about being dirty, being passive to being covered in blood, feces and mucous, but having a mild trepidation in relation to death, as expected in humans. They have no real fears to speak of other than the ones already stated.
They have an ENTJ personality and have a slight case of narcissism and used to suffer from persecutory syndrome. They enjoy killing, reading, knowing for a fact they have someone on their side, and also have a somewhat compulsive need to betray people. They heavily dislike movies in general, things they consider old-fashioned and rude people. Agatha is incredibly antagonistic towards selfish and narcissistic persons as well as people she believes "suffer" from juvenoia, though they recognise their own delusions, mental illnesses and hypocritical nature, as they themselves are narcissistic, and constantly self-deprecate internally about how they are just full of problems and that they have many mental illnesses, though this rarely changes their mind or mood, as they lack a mood to begin with for the most part. They are heavily invested into philosophical questions and ramifications, though they usually use this as ways to think of why they themselves are wrong, as opposed to actually contemplating them. Their personality is quite inconsistent in the manner that despite an outwards manifestation of narcissism and arrogant behaviour, they are unnecessarily self-deprecating. Agatha is also a pyromaniac, but tries to counter this, ironically creating a behavioural pattern similar to pyrophobia and have decent firearms and vehicular experience. They do not take any substances, are a virgin and are asexual, do not drink or take drugs of any kind except for sleeping pills and various small doses of poison to test their lethality.
Agatha is very sadistic and is also automasochistic, enjoying self-mutilation. When in an emotional extreme, which is extremely rare, the surrounding area will spontaneously manifest multiple smaller slashes along it, almost always uniform, paying no heed to the actual strength of material involved that it cuts. They are incredibly brutal and almost ritualistic in their killings, making their enemies suffer as much as possible, even doing research on the human somatosensory nervous system in order to find out how to cause the most pain, as well as having remembered and mapped every part of the heart and every artery in the body. They will often arrange corpses and blood in sometimes cryptic, but always highly organised patterns. They have their own way of writing, using a mix of Egyptian Heiroglpyhs, Teutonic Script and Arabic Symbols to write out messages. They are capable of almost instant processing on ciphers and codes, being able to mentally translate through binary, morse and atbash ciphers e.t.c on the spot without extended periods of working.

Biography: Agatha was born in Byzenna to Jonathan and Scout Benson, of whom both were incredibly substance dependent. They were neglectful, abusive and generally bad parents, leading to Agatha developing questionable morals, though most of psychopathy stems from genetics and not actual upbringing. They killed their parents by setting the house on fire, and promptly started an early childhood at the age of 11 of crime, killing stealing, relying on careful planning and attacking isolated targets instead of directly confronting them.

Agatha eventually joined the military and torched the barracks, killing most of the people inside, and then went through a total personality and background change, becoming a totally different person by disowning their history and historical records. They then proceeded to join the academy after becoming bored with a string of violent murders and arson attacks throughout the continent.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68wk6m05ojw (Yes, I am a massive Undertale fan, and this is basically my interpretation of a really dark, magical version of Chara)

Combat Information
Equipment: Various casual clothes, mostly just normal pants, a shirt and a jacket, but for the most part a black shirt, denim jeans, a sheepskin jacket, leather boots, sunglasses and sometimes two velvet gloves. They also carry a hunting knife about 14 centimetres long and sometimes a firearm, usually a pistol, but most likely a 50 Caliber Revolver similar in design to the Smith & Wesson 500. They also carry a syringe filled with Succinylcholine and Botulinum poison.
Fighting style: Agatha usually attempts to manipulate opponents and other people into doing her dirty work for her, or poisoning them, or literally just going all out "hiding in plain sight" mode and shoot them while they're in the alley behind their favourite sushi place and walking away. In actual physical confrontation though, they tend to only use their powers, or if that is inapplicable, they will draw their revolver and figure out a way to get the bloodstains out of their custom tailored jacket later. They tend to be methodical, calculating and precise in combat, usually setting up a situation to their own benefit, or using subliminal psychological cues in their opponent's personality to unnerve them and decrease their overall effectiveness.
Agatha is capable of "sharp" telekinesis over a distance of approximately 100 metres in whatever direction they are facing in an oval shape. The telekinesis in question comes naturally after studying it for an extended period of time, and manifests as either multiple smaller cuts or one large gash. They can either inflict millions of microscopic cuts, causing their opponent or the target to spontaneously liquefy and disintegrate, or they can use it all in one go, acting as if the opponent had been violently torn in half after being hit with a giant chainsaw covered in barbed wire, though the attacks can be blocked and objects held in front of the opponent in the direction they are looking or their hand is facing is effective at negating the effects. The cuts are strong enough to shred flesh and heavy armour, being strong enough to slowly wear down concrete and at full strength, fully shear through steel rebar, but at extremely high cost of energy and health. When Agatha is hurt, the wound itself always takes the shape of a cut, no matter the actual nature of the injury itself, for example, being burnt would instead create a cauterised gash along their abdomen and being shot would create a large ravine in their skin and flesh. Wounds will typically emit a massive cone shaped stream of highly visible cuts shown by the air around them being shifted and distorted by millions of cuts that will shred anything that walks into them within a metre, typically lasting for a few seconds, but being much longer the more serious the wound is. It also has the side effect that arterial ruptures and severe flesh trauma are much more common in combat than for normal humans.
Their telekinesis is capable of inflicting 750 Megapascals of force all in one go, with the force staying the same throughout all iterations and uses of the ability, as size changes the force of the cut. They are incapable of cutting through anything with a yield strength higher than 1000 Megapascals but can still wear down non-crystal objects of a strength up to 1300 MPA of yield strength. Their abilities can be stopped from manifesting by injecting them with copper, wounding them a lot or if they use too much of it at once, burning out and being unable to use it for a period of up to multiple hours, though when they lack their abilities their endurance and agility is slightly raised, due to the physiological and mental barriers put into place by the use of the ability.
Agatha's abilities are caused by causing electromagnetic waves and the Higg's field (Through a shift in its power and orientation using spontaneously generated Higgs Bosons and directly manipulating the Higgs Field) to propel virtual particles at incredibly fast speeds towards an object whose molecular makeup and covalent bonds have been shattered by temporarily shifting the strong and weak nuclear forces, as well as the electron orbitals, which wears away the object. In larger manifestations of the ability the effect is more apparent, a minor energy yield of shifting the forces and shattering the covalent bonds taking shape as a microscopic series of electromagnetic and thermodynamic explosions and shockwaves that disintegrates the target before being violently swept away.

I'm so sorry for trying to explain it scientifically; I'll try to reapply for school now...

Special moves: Agatha's "special ability" is called the "Hadouken" where the- [THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT TO VIEW THE FULL POST PLEASE PURCHASE NATIONSTATES GOLD MEMBERSHIP]

Agatha's special ability is to inflict a series of microscopic cuts inside the victim's somatosensory nervous system, slowly destroying all of the nerve fibres from the very furthest point inwards, slowly paralysing them and causing absolutely excruciating pain, capable of even overpowering the wills of pain-resistant martial arts masters. Eventually the spine is severed and the brain stem is demolished, killing the victim instantly. The ability can only be used every 24 hours very sparingly and requires an absolutely massive amount of energy to perform as well as the enemy being already incredibly weak, either through exhaustion or combat. It is not uncommon for Agatha to immediately collapse after performing the attack. A more practical "special move" would be a series of incredibly powerful cuts that attempt to rip off the victim's limbs.

Combat Statistics

Power: B (E when burnt-out)

Endurance: F (E when burnt-out)

Agility: D

Special Moves: C

Odds and Ends
RP example: Hee hee hee... BOTH!!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=366930&start=1189

The acheronian alleyways and otiose advertisements hung on various low quality storefronts made no difference to Demetrius' decision. Stepping into the alleyway, his precocious astute vision caught a shadowy, tenebrous figure in his periphery. Swiftly turning around, he yelled; "I have plenipotentiary authority by your clan leader! Stand down!"

The ninja in the corner stepped out into the light and drew their blade, the finely honed dark grey blade cutting through the crisp night air with barely a sound. Demetrius stared them down with a condescending and pretentious gaze, acting arrogant and superior to the point of him lifting his chin up so high that if the ninja made a move at all, his throat would be slit in only a second, spilling tepid crimson fluids onto the street, mingling with the various fetid chemicals between the pavement.

an' den ther wuz a bunch off ninjus and dey ded oh teh noez cuz batmun came 2 da citee and kild jokker wit a knif cuz y nut

I Read the rules and am a cool person who agrees to abide by them: Rules are for the weak, used by the strong who assert themselves to control the mindless droves of idiots and intellectuals alike by placing themselves in a false position of power. In any case, yes, but do expect to have to rebuke me often... Because seriously, I godmod... A lot...

#NUMBAT

EDIT

Should we just say the timing and calendars of the Nexus are the same as Earth, or what?

Can I get you to turn down the range on that telekinesis? 100 metres seems a bit excessive, maybe around 50-60.

Alsp why is copper a weakness, that's not really an issue I'm just curious.

And yeah, I'm not going to come up with different months and stuff.

Shadowwell wrote:These are just ideas, i may not actually add them, but would like feedback nonetheless.
Restricting Shadows: A construct jumps out of a nearby shadow and grabs the target, and melds into their shadow and immobilizes them, for a time. It takes time for the shadows to do so, this can be used during the day, as long as there are shadows, but the constructs wll be less powerful and efficient.
Accompanied by the words, "Sometimes, when you Stare into the Darkness, The Darkness does stare back"

Dias of Darkness: He creates a a circle of Darkness on the ground , within which he can freely control the shadows, without his active control when someone besides him passes through it the shadows come alive, and grab them. They dont immobilize immediately, as the shadows take time to bind the intruder. This can only be used at night, and cant be used with his other special moves.

They seem okay, though I would be pretty leery of you having them right now in addition to your existing one, if you wanted to unlock them later that would be fine.

The Burning Sun wrote:So Atlannia, if I re-allocated that point, would my app be accepted?

I'd have to give it another look over but I didn't notice any other issues.

Drakmah is the co-op, I'll have to add that to the front page.

I fixed it.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:20 pm

That was what i intended Atla, since his current special has plenty of uses, i have no need for another currently. Also i will be TG'ing you an idea.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Arana
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Guys, I'm sorry, I got really sick this morning and have been asleep most of the day. I'll get my app done when I can.
Prophet of Lavanthulhu -- A Proud Portal Nationalist -- Bet on Bernie 2016

Arana wrote:Fuck you and your raps,
And all your stupid rhyming.
Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*
Seventeen year old probably straight Christian socialist from New England.

"Aran is basically a very pissed-off Chihuahua combined with a bisexual Billy Graham, minus the bisexuality." -Lavan Tiri

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:40 pm

Atlannia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Yeah, that isn't working at all for me. And when I downloaded it to see if I could get a zoomed version that way (which I did twice), it wouldn't open because the file is empty -- as in, it's literally 0 bytes.

Well that's a concern, thanks for checking it out I suppose I'll try something else.

Nature-Spirits wrote:By the way, what's Tooralia et al. like?

It's kind of a mixture of Australia and India, very hot, extremely dangerous wildlife, like so dangerous that colonisation efforts were never that successful outside of the coastal areas. Historically it's been a centre of philosophy and anicent but powerful forms of magic. Politically they're one of the few nations that have close ties to both Alterra and Yokotai and are kind of performing a bit a of a juggling act. In the modern age it's reasonably proseprous, rich in minerals. THere's actually a fairly large minority of dwarves who came over during the last mining boom and settled down there instead of returning home.

Danke. And I assume that Staldr is kind of the Scandinavia analogue?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Okay, burning Sun and Hank are accepted.

Shadowwell wrote:That was what i intended Atla, since his current special has plenty of uses, i have no need for another currently. Also i will be TG'ing you an idea.

that sounds fine then, I'l lTG you back in a bit.

Arana wrote: by Arana » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Guys, I'm sorry, I got really sick this morning and have been asleep most of the day. I'll get my app done when I can.

Don't sweat it.

Nature-Spirits wrote:Danke. And I assume that Staldr is kind of the Scandinavia analogue?

Yeah, with notes of Great Britain as well.
...!?!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:58 pm

I wont be able to respond tonight.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:14 pm

MightyQuinn wrote:Trouble with salt? Iron? Exorcisms? Vulnerable to other ghosts?

Possibley, don't know just yet.

Sindrya wrote:Ghostbusters?

*cues theme song*

Atlannia wrote:I mean, I took the question to be "Do ghosts exist in this world?" rather than "Can I play as a ghost?" there are some fairly obvious complications with playing as a ghost.

I was implying the first option. I had planned on incorporating ghosts into my dudes bio, but decided against it for a better idea. BTW, does a human who turned into a Golem sound too far fetched, even with a good explanation to back it up?
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Vulnier wrote:
MightyQuinn wrote:Trouble with salt? Iron? Exorcisms? Vulnerable to other ghosts?

Possibley, don't know just yet.

Sindrya wrote:Ghostbusters?

*cues theme song*

Atlannia wrote:I mean, I took the question to be "Do ghosts exist in this world?" rather than "Can I play as a ghost?" there are some fairly obvious complications with playing as a ghost.

I was implying the first option. I had planned on incorporating ghosts into my dudes bio, but decided against it for a better idea. BTW, does a human who turned into a Golem sound too far fetched, even with a good explanation to back it up?

No that's porbably doable, especially if there's a good explanation.
...!?!

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:19 pm

Personal Information
Name: Hej Ljangnyin (奚良仁)
Appearance:

Birthplace: Guàilièshǒu Village (怪猎手村), Yokotai. The village is perfectly accessible to the average person today, although entry into certain areas is prohibited. It is still a good ten-day trip to the nearest city, however. This has not always been the case. The village was initially closed off completely, trespassers dealt with severely. This isolation, accompanied by the Hej family pride, is why Ljangnyin's name retains a pronunciation from centuries ago. Guailieshou was initially founded by Mjæng Hwej further east as a place to live out the last years of her life and train a new generation of monster hunters to control the monster population. At some point in time, one of the Yokotai Shans must have thought them to be a threat to his reign, and attempted to hunt the hunters. This led to a mass relocation and adopting the secretive nature that was maintained until they were no longer being pursued by the authorities in recent years. A not-insignificant portion of the village's revenue from the Museum of Monster Hunting it maintains in the capital and tourism.
Nationality: Yokotai
Personality: Ljangnyin finds some difficulty in permanently ending a person's life, having only killed beasts before. Sometimes initiates conversations, but not really a social butterfly. He finds no issue with co-operation and interdependence, as well as working as a lone wolf. Due to practically having been trained from birth to be a monster hunter, he has a near-encylopaedic knowledge of the fauna of Varona and Jiiah, supplemented by the odd dissection or vivisection every now and then.
Biography: The Hej family can trace its lineage back to notable monster hunter and assassin Mjæng Hwej, who is famed for singlehandedly killing sixteen titanic colossi roaming Shai Tan and Varona. Her descendants have faithfully continued the titan-slaying tradition, frequently travelling to Varona to cull the populations of Nergal's creature for fun and profit. Several have even become permanent residents or citizens of the Council of Seven nations.

Raised in the so-called 'Monster Hunter Village', situated in south Yokotai, Ljangnyin trained extensively and rigorously with all sorts of magics and tools, as well as being educated on various disciplines, including identification of vulnerable areas. Fond are the memories of scaling the valley walls and zipping about with Nexite Gliders whenever he was free.

Shortly after his twelfth birthday, he was sent to Elterna and slew his first 'true' monster, a smallish dragon. The array of shaped charges blowing off the beast's head remains a vivid image in Ljangnyin's mind. Eventually, after ten arduous years, the monster hunter was allowed to attend a combat insitution of his choice to widen his learning of assassination and fighting. On his family's recommendation, Ljangnyin enrolled in Assassination Academy.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVNcmGjNW6c
Combat Information
Equipment: Nexite Glider: This misleadlingly-named device uses two pieces of nexite with what are effectively magnetic fields to function as a much longer-ranged grappling hook. The hook can cause personal harm- it is propelled at rather high velocities.
Grappling Hook: Conventional market model, kept as a backup. Short ranged.
Explosives: All of them. From C4 to TNT, even some nexite-based ones, they serve as Ljangnyin's primary weapon. Some contain acids and other chemicals desgined for use against monsters.
Daggers: Plain old stainless steel. Nothing fancy or costly. Generally used in very close quarters only, and for non-combat related purposes as well. There are a couple machetes mixed in.

Fighting style: Against a colossus, Ljangnyin would first observe it as much as possible, noting its behaviour while roaming and attacking, maybe involving luring other creatures to it. After that, he would close in with the Glider for closer inspection, swooping in and out repeatedly and taking care to avoid personal injury, in order find any possible weaknesses and disabilities that may be exploited. Then, he will either plant explosives on the colossus in multiple passes, or climb onto it, taking advantage of its weak points for increased damage. Rinse and repeat until it is thoroughly dead.

Against a human target, similarly lengthy observations will be carried out whenever possible. In an ambush or other situation which does not facilitate this happening, Ljangnyin would opt for a quick scan for some attack patterns, so as to time his strike right. In a close-quarters emergency, the Glider could be used as an improvised weapon (though probably more effective than the actual ones) alongside the daggers.

Ljangnyin would do poorly should he be missing any of his vital equipment, get forced into melee, or be attacked from very far (although he could dodge and trace projectiles and the like back to the shooter), while entities several times larger than him are the sort of adversaries he is specialised to take down.

He can work both solo and in a group, whichever is ideal at the time. Unpredicatbility is almost the bane of his existence though, and he recognises its tactical value. The time to fight and the time to flee are also clearly distinct; he is neither cowardly nor foolish.
Special moves: Incite Aggression: Ljangnyin can cause a non-sentient organism to become hostile to another living being. This requires a sacrifice of a small part of flesh of the organism being influenced, and cannot be used more than once every 36 hours. At the end of combat, or at whatever point in time results in most drama, Ljangnyin loses consciousness.

Combat Statistics

Power: B

Endurance: E

Agility: B

Special Moves: F

Odds and Ends
RP example:
The life of a warlord is perilous.

The night is still, and only the chirp of crickets can be heard. The garden is devoid of human life, but has greenery aplenty; azaleas and camillia flowers, even a patch of harebells- a gift from the English. Koi fish swish their tails back and forth unexcitedly, idling in the still waters of the pond. Then, they began to get agitated. They flee to the other end of the pool. The cause of these movements is a pitch-black blob, barely distinguishable from the dark surroundings, creeping past.

This is a ninja. No, multiple ninjas. The trio seem to meld together, like one entity. Footsteps no louder than a feather, the assassins make their way towards their target, the lord of the Imagawa clan. Thanks to the scouts sent before them, the group has carefully evaded all the sentries thus far. Whether this secrecy will hold up for long is another matter entirely.

The reason this is so is immediately obvious when the ninjas reach the entrance of the wooden building housing dozens of guards, retainers, and most importantly, Lord Imagawa. In synchronisation, the three pull out their blades, taking care to avoid reflecting the moonlight, even off the unpolished surface.

Methodical and thorough, the shadowy figures advance, seemingly fading every now and then, becoming part of the background. In spite of the guards' watchful vigil, not one is alerted of the phantoms' presence. Before long, they have reached their target's sleeping quarters.

Lord Imagawa did not allow anyone to enter his room, period. More than one new guardsman learnt that the hard way. He was that paranoid, though it was not particularly out of place, considering the number of rivals and enemies he had. A short struggle silenced the pair stationed outside, which led to the moment of truth. The lead ninja opened the door.

The room was empty.

In this brief instant, everything went wrong. Out of nowhere, a... man? It was hard to tell. A being with a roughly humanoid shape rushed out, emitting fumes as it went. Literally, as in, it was on fire. The three ninjas all panicked- what on Earth was that abomination?! Each attempted a stab at it, but were repelled by the excruciatingly hot flames.

The blazing man charged the nearest attacker, who jumped aside instinctively, yet could still feel the searing heat from some metres away. It was at this point in time that a mutual, unspoken agreement was made, and the unsuccessful would-be assassins absconded into the night.

Imagawa Norimasa collapsed to the ground, heaving and wheezing, but with a great sense of euphoria. As the first of his loyal servants rushed to him with a pail of water, he declared the following.

"Ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire."

I Read the rules and am a cool person who agrees to abide by them: Y

#NUMBAT
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:32 am

Republic of Hasgriu wrote:Personal Information
Name: Hej Ljangnyin (奚良仁)

This looks pretty good, accepted,.
...!?!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:09 am

Hey Atlannia, can I have permission to give one of my char's aspects an A rating?
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:15 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Hey Atlannia, can I have permission to give one of my char's aspects an A rating?

If only I had thought of that sooner...
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:50 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Hey Atlannia, can I have permission to give one of my char's aspects an A rating?

I mean maybe, there'd have to be a good reason though. I pretty much only included that exception thing for people who feel like it's necessary for their character to have an A rank in terms fo their background or development. There'd also have to be some significant drawbacks.
...!?!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:54 am

Um, I didnt know you could have an f for a stat. Anyways I wont be on again for a few hours just telling everyone.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:04 am

Taggety Tag tag.
App will be up soon, gonna try something new.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:14 am

If my character has a companion familiar thing, can its stats be separate from my characters?
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Palmyrion » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:05 am

Atlannia wrote:

I mean maybe, there'd have to be a good reason though. I pretty much only included that exception thing for people who feel like it's necessary for their character to have an A rank in terms fo their background or development. There'd also have to be some significant drawbacks.

Ex. Elli. In ultimate form Elli has an A in her agility stat, as well as enhanced endurance (from D to C) and power (from D to C). (Is feeling little pain, like treating a gunshot like a punch from an ordinary human, C-class endurance?). However the drawback is that Elli goes uncontrollably aggressive and she cannot turn the status off when she wants to, especially when her character's thrown the enemy miles away (or killed the enemy) and only the spectators are left, so she would tend to attack spectators.

Her uncontrollable aggression, lack of tactical thought, , and the tendency of beating up just anyone she sees (other than the person she's trying to assassinate or the person trying to assassinate her), is a manifestation of her E-class intelligence during ultimate form-baseline humans can barely control such an ultimate form.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:27 am

Shadowwell wrote:Um, I didnt know you could have an f for a stat. Anyways I wont be on again for a few hours just telling everyone.

You can, it just means your below like an average civilian in that stat. Someone with an F in agility for exmaple would be pretty out of shape or maybe even need a cane to get about. In the case of special moves it's a bit weirder since its hard to get a baseline of something that should significantly affect the outcome of a fight. In the case of Hasgriu's app I think his ability has so many caveats and drawbacks that it a lot of situations it would either do nothing or possibly even make things worse so I think it jsut squeezes in as an F rank.

Quazin the Great wrote:If my character has a companion familiar thing, can its stats be separate from my characters?

Nope. Your stats are a culmination of everything your character typically fights, if they themeslves can inflict little damage but they have a dragon or whatever that fights for them and has high destructive potentialthan your character would overall have a high power stat.
...!?!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:30 am

Are these stats ok?
Power: D

Endurance: D

Agility: C

Special Moves: D

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:32 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Are these stats ok?

yup!
...!?!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:34 am

Atlannia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Are these stats ok?

yup!

I'm thinking of the super-intelligent swordswoman who uses terrain and her opponent's weaknesses to outfight.

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:34 am

sounds promising.
...!?!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse