NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Mortals II:Rebirth [OOC|OPEN|Fantasy|Interactive Map]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:13 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Ah man, someone already took my humanoid dragon shifters from the last iteration of this. Rats! I'll try and think of something else then.

They aren't shifters...

Well, it's too similar to me. Don't worry about it, I'm thinking of doing a dwarven-esque race instead.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 am

The Starlight wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
They aren't shifters...

Well, it's too similar to me. Don't worry about it, I'm thinking of doing a dwarven-esque race instead.

Would be good. No dwarves as of yet.
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Leo X
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leo X » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 am

Leo X wrote:Reserving myself a warhammer beastmen sort of thing

Posted this in the other thread

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:15 am

I think a lot of people have military sizes that are wayy too big for their populations, especially since this is (mostly) in the middle ages. Having that big of a standing military is going to cause massive famines, since it takes so many people to work the fields. I can understand if you're a very warlike civilization, but still, you need to have like 20:1 civilians-to-soldiers to have an effective military. I even think the size of my army is pushing it.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:34 am

Shnercropolis wrote:I think a lot of people have military sizes that are wayy too big for their populations, especially since this is (mostly) in the middle ages. Having that big of a standing military is going to cause massive famines, since it takes so many people to work the fields. I can understand if you're a very warlike civilization, but still, you need to have like 20:1 civilians-to-soldiers to have an effective military. I even think the size of my army is pushing it.

Which is why I only have a small military.

Buuut, this is fantasy. Only my nation is actually full of humans. As for the other races, I have no idea how much they eat, how well they're able to live off the land, etc.
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 am

Kherkov wrote:
Shnercropolis wrote:I think a lot of people have military sizes that are wayy too big for their populations, especially since this is (mostly) in the middle ages. Having that big of a standing military is going to cause massive famines, since it takes so many people to work the fields. I can understand if you're a very warlike civilization, but still, you need to have like 20:1 civilians-to-soldiers to have an effective military. I even think the size of my army is pushing it.

Buuut, this is fantasy. Only my nation is actually full of humans. As for the other races, I have no idea how much they eat, how well they're able to live off the land, etc.

Possibly. I still think that everyone should re-evaluate their military sizes.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:44 am

Shnercropolis wrote:
Kherkov wrote:

I presume that is directed somewhat at me. I realize I have a huge military but you should keep in mind a few things. Firstly, the Nimrev aren't unified, thus you likely won't see all those Ratmen in one army unless you've really pissed off all the clans. Secondly, a majority of those soldiers are basically cannon fodder, or are poorly equipped. And lastly, this isn't really a standing army. Yes, they do have a great many soldiers that remain active, but the cannon fodder soldiers I mentioned are miners, farmers, etc. unless they're called upon like levies.

Zgraja
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:52 am

Finally got my app up. Partially...

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 am

Elerian wrote:
Shnercropolis wrote:Possibly. I still think that everyone should re-evaluate their military sizes.

I presume that is directed somewhat at me. I realize I have a huge military but you should keep in mind a few things. Firstly, the Nimrev aren't unified, thus you likely won't see all those Ratmen in one army unless you've really pissed off all the clans. Secondly, a majority of those soldiers are basically cannon fodder, or are poorly equipped. And lastly, this isn't really a standing army. Yes, they do have a great many soldiers that remain active, but the cannon fodder soldiers I mentioned are miners, farmers, etc. unless they're called upon like levies.

I guess it's directed somewhat at you, although not specifically at all. Sorry if I sounded accusing.

If it isn't a standing army, then you should probably make that clear in your app. It reads like you have a horde of rat-people and monsters waiting to be deployed.
Last edited by Shnercropolis on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

Shnercropolis wrote:
Elerian wrote:

I guess it's directed somewhat at you, although not specifically at all. Sorry if I sounded accusing.

If it isn't a standing army, then you should probably make that clear in your app. It reads like you have a horde of rat-people and monsters waiting to be deployed.

Well that is the point isn't it? That I potentially have hordes of rats ready to march at a beck and call?

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:11 am

Elerian wrote:
Shnercropolis wrote:I guess it's directed somewhat at you, although not specifically at all. Sorry if I sounded accusing.

Well that is the point isn't it? That I potentially have hordes of rats ready to march at a beck and call?

Well if they're just levees why be scared?

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:12 am

Zgraja wrote:Finally got my app up. Partially...

It's a great start. The ability to heal other races, but not themselves, could be very interesting.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 am

Shnercropolis wrote:
Elerian wrote:

Well if they're just levees why be scared?

Like I said, not all of them are levies, but I don't know?

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:48 am

Britcan wrote:
Zgraja wrote:Finally got my app up. Partially...

It's a great start. The ability to heal other races, but not themselves, could be very interesting.

Yeah. If the Krowl are ever in danger, they will be welcome on our islands. :P

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:13 am

Can I have most of my dwarven nation underground or inside a mountain?
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:37 am

The Starlight wrote:Can I have most of my dwarven nation underground or inside a mountain?

I'm sure that will be absolutely fine.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:
Kherkov wrote:

My standing army is 1.5% of the population with a 3% Levie, which is essentially civilians who we can call to arms as soldiers. They all have real jobs, but they can be called up by their lords.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 pm

Anyone have a Far Eastern inspired nation at all?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Bentus wrote:Anyone have a Far Eastern inspired nation at all?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Obviously your nation will have to be more than just far-eastern, you need a race and such, but it's a decent idea to build on.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Britcan wrote:
Bentus wrote:Anyone have a Far Eastern inspired nation at all?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Obviously your nation will have to be more than just far-eastern, you need a race and such, but it's a decent idea to build on.

Course ;) Are we allowed to be the same race as someone else? i.e. human?

Also, how will time pass? I'm assuming it will basically flow however we need it to in the IC, but is it reasonable to expect decades to pass (perhaps in designated time skips?)?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Zgraja
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Bentus wrote:
Britcan wrote:Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Obviously your nation will have to be more than just far-eastern, you need a race and such, but it's a decent idea to build on.

Also, how will time pass? I'm assuming it will basically flow however we need it to in the IC, but is it reasonable to expect decades to pass (perhaps in designated time skips?)?

No, my understanding is that only Kherkov has humans. Other players need to create a race.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Bentus wrote:
Britcan wrote:Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Obviously your nation will have to be more than just far-eastern, you need a race and such, but it's a decent idea to build on.

They can be off-brand humans, but they have to be different from run of the mill humans, otherwise you have to be something else.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:29 am

I've edited my application - now my people can see in the dark and have access to a unique form of magic as part of their race.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:44 am

Elerian wrote:
Bentus wrote:

They can be off-brand humans, but they have to be different from run of the mill humans, otherwise you have to be something else.

Cool beans. How about the passage of time thing?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Zgraja
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:01 am

My app is finished.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse