NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, OOC 2, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Mavorpen wrote:For the JQs, since Ruby is gonna get kidnapped, if you wanna help rescue her let me know. Initially I was just gonna have her either escape on her own or Jamal help but then I remembered that she was on a team.

I thought you were joking about that....
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Reb, PS2 was marketed towards families and had a lower price tag than the newcomer XBox - Gameboy was similarly low priced and affordable. Working class families could afford those, and those kind of people don't know dick about hardware or software, so long as their little shit is happy.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:34 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:For the JQs, since Ruby is gonna get kidnapped, if you wanna help rescue her let me know. Initially I was just gonna have her either escape on her own or Jamal help but then I remembered that she was on a team.

I thought you were joking about that....

I never joke.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:36 pm

New Neros wrote:Reb, PS2 was marketed towards families and had a lower price tag than the newcomer XBox - Gameboy was similarly low priced and affordable. Working class families could afford those, and those kind of people don't know dick about hardware or software, so long as their little shit is happy.

I know, thats my point. Hardware is a minor factor in the overall success of a gaming console. There are far more numerous, and far more important factors. But recent years has spawned legions of armies who demand that powerful hardware rules, when it never has. Its gaming experience really.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Only 3 more pages to go! We can do it!
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Ara just saved the President of the United States in her first post.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Ooh, Atria, I got a fun idea. CeeCee is a hero (in a way) but also works for the government, army even (she quit but she still has contracts that can force her back to active duty).

What if CeeCee is being called in to basically kill Atomic Skull as both a superhero and a major general in the american army on a live television. Something she will agree to without a second hesitation because it's her job to follow orders from superiors.

Because it's live Naja sees it, realizing it's a political stunt to pave the road for executions of supervillains who go against the government in a way the public will shout approval, she attempts to stop it because she believes this just isn't right. This could be a start to a civil war arc because a hero fought against a member of the us army who was following orders from the established power, to save the life of a someone, who in essence is a killer.
Last edited by Siliarba on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:42 pm

So I had an idea on how the Young Bloods meet Ara. So, since Ara was last seen with the President, she is accused of kidnapping him. So there's this nationwide manhunt for Ara, and the Young Bloods take up the case. Eventually through one way or another, they get to Dinosaur Island, where they discover that it is all a misunderstanding. Ara then joins the YB. Until you guys organize everything, I'm gonna do other things with her.

Starlight, I intend for Ara to pay a friendly visit to Asgarde later.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Osnil wrote:So I had an idea on how the Young Bloods meet Ara. So, since Ara was last seen with the President, she is accused of kidnapping him. So there's this nationwide manhunt for Ara, and the Young Bloods take up the case. Eventually through one way or another, they get to Dinosaur Island, where they discover that it is all a misunderstanding. Ara then joins the YB. Until you guys organize everything, I'm gonna do other things with her.

The Young Bloods don't even exist yet, hold your horses and wait, not everything has to happen in a single post.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Siliarba wrote:
Osnil wrote:So I had an idea on how the Young Bloods meet Ara. So, since Ara was last seen with the President, she is accused of kidnapping him. So there's this nationwide manhunt for Ara, and the Young Bloods take up the case. Eventually through one way or another, they get to Dinosaur Island, where they discover that it is all a misunderstanding. Ara then joins the YB. Until you guys organize everything, I'm gonna do other things with her.

The Young Bloods don't even exist yet, hold your horses and wait, not everything has to happen in a single post.

When they get all together, I mean. The nationwide manhunt is still gonna happen after Star's next post.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Osnil wrote:
Siliarba wrote:The Young Bloods don't even exist yet, hold your horses and wait, not everything has to happen in a single post.

When they get all together, I mean. The nationwide manhunt is still gonna happen after Star's next post.

Still, this isn't the job of a superhero team. Someone dropped of the president at his home and left. If they think they need to capture the person who did that they'l instantly send forces to search what happened. They're not going to wait a couple of months for teenagers to build a superhero base and come together as a team just so they can order them to look for the person who months ago brought the president to his own home.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Siliarba wrote:
Osnil wrote:When they get all together, I mean. The nationwide manhunt is still gonna happen after Star's next post.

Still, this isn't the job of a superhero team. Someone dropped of the president at his home and left. If they think they need to capture the person who did that they'l instantly send forces to search what happened. They're not going to wait a couple of months for teenagers to build a superhero base and come together as a team just so they can order them to look for the person who months ago brought the president to his own home.

A better idea is to have the team go to Dinosaur Island in order to train and strengthen their bonds as a team, meeting Ara along the way.

Osnil, if you keep spelling Asgard with an "e", I will personally ban you.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:54 pm

New Neros wrote:A better idea is to have the team go to Dinosaur Island in order to train and strengthen their bonds as a team, meeting Ara along the way.

Hey Niery Niery, watcha think of my attempt to kill Atomic Skull idea? :)

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:57 pm

New Neros wrote:
Siliarba wrote:Still, this isn't the job of a superhero team. Someone dropped of the president at his home and left. If they think they need to capture the person who did that they'l instantly send forces to search what happened. They're not going to wait a couple of months for teenagers to build a superhero base and come together as a team just so they can order them to look for the person who months ago brought the president to his own home.

A better idea is to have the team go to Dinosaur Island in order to train and strengthen their bonds as a team, meeting Ara along the way.

Oh like, "Hey, let's pick a random island to camp out on a training mission." and then point at Dinosaur Island (that's not it's official name, just what it's going to be called). And Asgarde :P

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Siliarba wrote:Ooh, Atria, I got a fun idea. CeeCee is a hero (in a way) but also works for the government, army even (she quit but she still has contracts that can force her back to active duty).

What if CeeCee is being called in to basically kill Atomic Skull as both a superhero and a major general in the american army on a live television. Something she will agree to without a second hesitation because it's her job to follow orders from superiors.

Because it's live Naja sees it, realizing it's a political stunt to pave the road for executions of supervillains who go against the government in a way the public will shout approval, she attempts to stop it because she believes this just isn't right. This could be a start to a civil war arc because a hero fought against a member of the us army who was following orders from the established power, to save the life of a someone, who in essence is a killer.

Sili, I've had to cut a bunch of stuff out of the arc so we can start Civil War. Plus I already have this planned.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Sili, I've had to cut a bunch of stuff out of the arc so we can start Civil War. Plus I already have this planned.

I don't get the having to cut stuff out part because the arc didn't start yet did it?

The rest I get and reply to with an "ok" ^^.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Unless you're talking about you coppying basically everything from superman vs the elite.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:08 pm

So is the Civil War going to end the same way or will the Good Guys win and the Government back off?

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Osnil wrote:So is the Civil War going to end the same way or will the Good Guys win and the Government back off?

We haven't started the arc yet how are we supposed to know how it ends?

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Siliarba wrote:
Osnil wrote:So is the Civil War going to end the same way or will the Good Guys win and the Government back off?

We haven't started the arc yet how are we supposed to know how it ends?

Sometimes the winner of an arc is decided beforehand. So it'll be fun to see the trademark heroes taking sides-Batman will probably go Anti. Supes will do the same. I can see Aquaman not getting involved. I can see most DC characters going Anti.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:16 pm

That's not going to make for a very interesting arc if every single hero is already labeled as anti-gov or abstains which is in essence anti.

Besides, Superman tends to be pro-gov.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Siliarba wrote:That's not going to make for a very interesting arc if every single hero is already labeled as anti-gov or abstains which is in essence anti.

Since they're all JLA, they do have Diplomatic Immunity, as they are recognized as a foreign government. So, technically, no registration unless the government takes that away. Good point. Bats would probably agree that something needs to be done to keep superhumans in check, but not registration. And besides, he doesn't like being told what to do. He's also used to the government trying to get him. They've tried to catch him numerous times.

Aquaman is from Atlantis, so technically he wouldn't be affected.

The thing that sucks is that I have to watch these heroes with secret identities get registered. In all honesty, I hate the pro government side. Which is why my most hated character is going to join them.
Last edited by Osnil on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Siliarba wrote:That's not going to make for a very interesting arc if every single hero is already labeled as anti-gov or abstains which is in essence anti.

To be fair, Doctor Strange abstained in the comics, due to his unique position as "f*** you powerful magician".
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Siliarba » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Osnil wrote:

Since they're all JLA, they do have Diplomatic Immunity, as they are recognized as a foreign government. So, technically, no registration unless the government takes that away. Good point. Bats would probably agree that something needs to be done to keep superhumans in check, but not registration. And besides, he doesn't like being told what to do.

I really don't think you get the entire civil war thingy. It affects every super everywhere. The only way to not be invoilved is to be so far away from earth that you don't know it's going on.

Nobody has immunity and it affects everyone.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Siliarba wrote:
Osnil wrote:Since they're all JLA, they do have Diplomatic Immunity, as they are recognized as a foreign government. So, technically, no registration unless the government takes that away. Good point. Bats would probably agree that something needs to be done to keep superhumans in check, but not registration. And besides, he doesn't like being told what to do.

I really don't think you get the entire civil war thingy. It affects every super everywhere. The only way to not be invoilved is to be so far away from earth that you don't know it's going on.

Nobody has immunity and it affects everyone.

So the US government is going to take over Atlantis to force them to register? The thing I think is awful about this is that these superhumans save people's butts every day, and in return, "We don't like you." The thing is that they actually have to catch Batman, and it's kind of hard to do. If Shield plays the same role with the squads patrolling, Batman will just avoid them and do what he normally does.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse