NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Naja finally cut the cake and put the slice on a plate for her and Xander to share. It was a beautiful day. Xander made absolutely sure that the cake was enormous. Easily twice the size of a normal person. Held up mostly by Xander's magic. Everyone was free to mingle and have some cake. Xander was barely containing his excitement. He never had a childhood. He was aged to maturity so he could be trained and taught how to protect Earth. Now? He was the leader of his own country, married to the woman he loved, and eating wedding cake. Life didn't get much better than the way it was. "So..." He asked as he sat down next to her. "How... How did I do?" He asked.

"You did great. You're such a sweetheart." She said and kissed his cheek. "You made this the happiest day of my life. I couldn't ask for anything else. We have so many friends here. We've done so much together. You've made my life... Interesting. In a good way. I have friends. I'm in a superhero group! I'm an... a... What's our titles?"

"I always thought Emperor sounded cool. You're gonna be my Empress." He grinned. Naja was a bit iffy on their respective titles, but it's not like either of them had malevolent intentions. Xander was just trying to make sure what happened with the Builder War, never happened again. People were being uplifted in the millions each day. Food, water, and supplies were being moved to planets to get them back on their feet, regardless of their affiliation. So she was more than willing to accept her position. It wasn't like Xander was an unreasonable person, and she could always talk him down.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Mars
Mars couldn't help a small smile when Rin asked if Rocket had a rocket punch, "Its nice to meet you too Rin. And no, he doesn't have that quite yet. But I'll have to think about adding that at some point." He said to her as Professor X and the X-men left. He was then shocked when Kiris was suddenly speaking in his mind. He had no idea how she had just gained that ability, but he didn't even have time to think about it before he started worrying that she would blow the secret that Professor X had shared with them. He was relieved though at her actual comment and resisted the urge to make a sarcastic response. He didn't see a reason to hurt her feelings over a simple mistake. "They're called the X-Men because the Professor's name is Xavier, so its named after him." Mars explained kindly. "We'll figure out what happened later Kiris. But its probably your language assimilation. Maybe that allowed you to take on the telepathic ability." He said to the Hadrian. "But come on, we should head back now." Mars said, gesturing to their nearby ship. Red Arrow then spoke up, "I think its time I head off, but it was good working with you two." He said to Mars and Kiris. "If you two are ever in Star City, make sure you hit me up." Red Arrow said with a smile. Mars nodded, offering Arrow his hand to shake. After finishing goodbyes the Arrow heading off into the night and Mars turned back to Kiris and Rin. "Come on, lets get back to the ship. That fight with Bain really took a lot out of me." Mars said, indeed looking quite tired and sore from the fight, though he knew it could be much worse, considering who he had been fighting.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Otis decided that he needed to get his powers under control before anything else. No one was hurt on Apokolips, and that was lucky. He was almost constantly around people. A single accidental discharge and he could wipe out hundreds, if not thousands. And what better trainer for his new godly powers than by being taught by an actual god. Or rather, Goddess in this case. The only other one he knew. He pulled up his motherbox and opened a portal to Asgard. "You're pretty cool, you know that?" He asked the Motherbox. "No more travel times..." He said and stepped once again into the Golden city. The Motherbox took him to Asgard, but not directly to Valka. "Well... I guess that would be too easy. Maybe she's eating. That slime war thing is probably a call for celebration." It was a guess.

Otis went to the feasting hall. "Ummm... Hello? Valka? I kinda, really, need your help with something." He said hoping that she heard him. "It's a long story, but I killed Darkseid and was forced to receive his powers. I don't know the slightest bit of what I'm doing. I sneezed and wiped out a city block on Apokolips. And... You're the only one I know that has any sort of experience with this sort of thing. I just want to know what I can and can't do. And learn how to control it. I don't want to hurt anyone. By the way. You can have Mjolnir back. Unrelated, but I killed Darkseid with it. I'll tell you the full story later."

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Del rubbed her eye with the heel of her hand as she walked into the kitchen of the JQ penthouse. Early morning light streamed through the windows as she entered with a yawn and drew the bathrobe she was wearing tighter around herself. After her talk with Val, Del had managed to cheer up somewhat and fix her leg before gabbing a bite with her. Over the past few days she'd contemplated what to do, staying inside the JQ tower for most if not all of her time here. She quickly brewed some coffee and sat down on the couch to watch the news. Various stories lit the screen as she sat there and absentmindedly sipped her beverage, wondering what to do. HYDRA had already killed so many people to get to her, and they wouldn't give up without a fight. With them still out there it would be hard to get away from them by running since the probably had the tower and surrounding airports on surveillance.

You could always join the JQ's she thought with a small glimmer of hope. The prospect was an interesting one. Val had already shown that they were a wonderful group of individuals, and helping people might be a good way to start making up for all the death she had caused. But who would want her protecting them? She was a murderer, an assassin. Hell, she wasn't even human, just lines of code in a metal body that had been designed to kill innocent people. Tears started to form in her eyes as they always did when she tried to make sense of who and what she was. Nothing made sense, and it was slowly tearing her down. Maybe that's why she had stayed so long with the JQ's instead of moving out like she had planned to. They were something for her that she didn't have before. A constant, a tether, people who actually didn't care about her past.

But they don't know it like you do, she thought, no one knows the body count, no one knows the trajectory of every bullet you fired, the organs you hit, and the families they had. After her personality had started forming when she was with HYDRA, Del once actually looked up the people she had killed. One by one, she saw the number of people who were effected by her deed. So many children without a father or mother, so many parents who's child they had lost too soon. Eventually her self-preservation code stepped in and shut down the process before she had a complete emotional breakdown. These dark thoughts were interrupted when a new story came on, this one with live coverage.

Del shot up in her seat as she saw what appeared to be several armed men holding civilians hostage at a bank. The reporter stated that this was live coverage and that all attempts to try and negotiate with the hostage takers had been completely ignored. Her mind raced as she saw so many people held at gunpoint. Faces full of fear, knuckles white as the clung to anything that might comfort them. Memories slammed into her as she saw those same faces on other people, the people she had killed. Every face white in terror as they faced the final moments of their lives. These people were the same, and she couldn't stand by and let it happen again. Her armor formed around her as she got up from the couch and walked up the stairs to the roof. She looked out at New York, extending her influence throughout the technology buzzing around her. An endless web of various devices spread out as she jumped from one to the next until she found her target. Her mouth formed a grim line as she watched the feed of several cameras trained on the area. She crouched down low, set her foot behind her, then launched forward at inhuman speeds. Air flew past as she went through the air, landing on the roof of an adjacent building with a roll before continuing forward.

Within minutes Del was halfway across the city and on the roof of the bank. She slowly made her way down to the lower floors, using surveillance cameras in the building to watch for them, but it seemed they had confined themselves and their hostages to the bottom floor of the building. Soon she found herself in the stairwell near the door to the bottom floor and lobby where the hostages were being held. Security cameras showed that there was a single man on her side of the door and others making patrols past it every few minutes. All of them had automatic weaponry and were keeping vigilant of their situation. A smile came to her face as she calculated the plan with the highest success rate. Things were about to get far worse for these people.

Two guards were passing by the entrance to the stairwell when they heard loud thudding from the other side. The two exchanged quick glances of confusion and then ran to put an ear to the doorway as the sounds suddenly stopped. They looked at each other with looks of bewilderment.

"What the he-" the man was cut off as the door flew off it's hinges and slammed the two of them into the opposite wall. Del quickly stepped out and leaned back to avoid a hail of gunfire from another hostage taker. Pulling her pistol, she fired three shots into the mans bicep to disarm him before running forward and slamming her fist into his temple, knocking him out cold. Another came up from behind with a pistol, but Del quickly turned around with a roundhouse kick to his waist and sent him flying over the teller's counter and into the wall with a sickening crunch. Knowing there was another person in the room, she quickly turned around with her pistol in hand to find the last of the criminals holding his gun to a child's head.

"Make one wrong move and he's dead," said the man through his mask, "you hear me?" Del's visor stared back at him with his own reflection without a hint of emotion. Nothing about her could be read through her metal armor, but she didn't fire. "Yeah, that's right. Stay where you are and don't move." The child in his arms started to shake in terror as the man backed up towards the front entrance of the building, the glass doors showing the awed crowd that was watching the scene in silence. Del kept her gun trained on the man as she calculated the possible outcomes. None of them were good. No matter how she went forward the child would probably die because of it, there was just no way around it. A slight amount of panic began to set in as she realized there was no way out. How could she make a choice like this? Why did it have to be a child? Eventually she got a grip of herself and steeled herself for what she had to do.

A gunshot rang out. A gasp of air escaped the masked man's mouth as he lurched forward, dropping the child and falling to the ground, a pool of blood starting form around him from the bullet hole in his back. Behind him was a hole in the glass door of the bank, and past that a police officer with his pistol out and aimed squarely at it. The officer slowly lowered his weapon and nodded in thanks to the armored visage that stood before the now crying child and frightened hostages. Del simply nodded in return, and then ran out her own way.

Halfway back to the tower, Del stopped in an ally and removed her helmet. Much like in Dubai, she was crying now. But not out of fear or pain, but in joy.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:00 pm

On a dead world, long turned to ash, drifting aimlessly in the faded star light, three beings stood around in a circle, their faces and bodies concealed by heavy armor, alien in appearance for that universe, but the meeting was impromptu, called when they all felt the falling of the Dark God. Not since the Dead God fell did the beings there feel such pain and hatred unleashed on the Multiverse, as the Omega Effect clawed it's way back to the dreaded world of Apokolips. The three gathered looked towards the void above and then to each other, quick glances from behind their helmets, no one saying a word, until someone broke the ice. "Darkseid is dead. Felled by man on Earth. The time of the Fourth World draws to a close, it seems, and the Fifth World rises with Mankind at it's helm." One spoke, the other two nodding in agreement.

"That universe wails in agony, should we go? Our work here is nearly over, perhaps just to visit." One said, masculine in tone and appearance.

"We can't." The first one to speak answered, "We still have universes out there, their cries silenced by the Dead God. Our mission is simple and straightforward, once we finish, we can go home." The armored humanoid looked thoroughly at his compatriot, though, sensing through his armor towards the being behind it. "I want to go home, too, don't worry." He then reassured him, the armored man giving a firm nod of acceptance.

"Should we at least check in with the Tribunal?" The third voice asked, feminine, yet hardy.

"He would surely know already. If our mission changed, he would have told us by now." The first speaker said in response, clearly the leader of the grouping somehow. Looking around at the universe before him, he sighed deeply, filled with the hard work that stood both behind him and before him. "We're almost done here, we'll move to the next one after it's done." He said softly, trying to uplift his teammates a bit, but still feeling the fatigue regardless. "We'll rest in the next universe, I promise." He said, lifting away from the world, leaving his two companions behind as he drifted away into the void, balls of fire igniting as his body disappeared from view - stars forming in his wake.

Mad City Saga
The Time Chamber

The days and weeks flew readily within the Time Chamber, the growing dynamics of the Mad Gods team becoming apparent as a bond formed between them all. They lived together, ate together, trained together endlessly, in partners, alone, as a team, everything imaginable was worked on deep in the fiery depths of the chamber, a stinging forge molding the friendships they shared into something more - turning once strangers into family, and in the face of Darkseid's demise, empowering all of the nine members to even greater heights of personal power.

For Mir, though, training came through the Necrosword. Day in and day out, for months, he would find himself lightyears away from his comrades in the Time Chamber and unleash the Annihilblade, letting those shadow tendrils envelope his entire form and taking control. In that time space, though, Mir would focus on his own mental state, working the controlling shadows that influenced his neural pathways into doing their bidding into something he could manage. The process was grueling, lonesome at times, but the leader of the Mad Gods knew that controlling this beast was his first priority. Many times he failed, many times he had to pull himself back from the brink of total insanity, but all he needed was one breakthrough. On this day, Mir managed to take full control of the Slicer of Worlds, molding his personality into it's own, and then drowning out it's murderous thoughts through sheer willpower and his strong, complex neural network.

It happened in an instance as well, Mir's body swallowed whole by an amorphous blob of black shadows rendered solid, crying out for the blood of gods and finding none in the Time Chamber, starving the wild beast of a blade enough for Mir to take full control. First was opening his eyes, peeling back the black shadows before his pupils and finding the bright light of the chamber. He was shocked, extending an arm out to test his limits further, sending out a mass of black shadow where he guided his hand. A smirk crawled across his face, Mir hardly able to keep his excitement as he danced around in that form, slowly condensing it so that it just covered his body, leaving a sickle blade on his arm and letting the shadowy tentacles of All-Black weave through the air around him slightly. From there, Mir drew the darkness back into his chest region, returning to his normal state, glad that he had some ounce of control over the Annihiblade.

Mir sat down on the floor, exhausted at the ordeal, leaning backwards until he rested completely on his back, the white floor extending in all directions almost infinitely. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, weaving his hands behind his head for a makeshift pillow. The Daxamite wasn't sure if he fell asleep or not, but was quickly awoken by a soft weight dropping onto his pelvis. He opened his eyes and leaned forward, a delicate hand gently pressing on his chest until he laid back down. Face to face at such a distance, Mir felt uncomfortable, but his eyes were locked with..."Ashyandra?" He said quietly, his face turning red, but the girl was sly, placing a single finger on her lips to shush the man.

She leaned her head forward just a small bit and locked her lips with Mir's own, the Daxamite remaining motionless as he very nearly froze up at the encounter. Mir grabbed her at the waist and tried to lift her off, unsure of what he was feeling right then. With some force, Ashy pinned his arms back, an impassioned and loving smirk on her face, her eyes lazily half-open and looking deeply into Mir's own pupils. At that sight of such desire, a burning fire started in Mir's heart, mind, and body, breaking free of the societal pressures that he was raised around on Daxam, and reaching up with his own head to return Ashy's kiss. Their lips locked and their bodies pressed against one another, the desire mutual, and...John Cena

The last day within the Time Chamber was at hand, and the group of Mad Gods assembled at their modest house for the final time. Looking from each person to person, Mir found their appearance to be in stark contrast to their first meeting. The distrust and aggression unleashed in the first few days and weeks long gone, replaced by a lasting bond of friendship and respect. Strengths and weaknesses were well-known, no one member stood out as the absolute strongest, and not one was the definite weakest link - all were equal, even Mir. "I'm glad to see we've all stuck it out. Needless to say, my views and relationships with you all has changed drastically for the better. I can recall coming in here, and feeling Darkseid's death shake the universe, and maybe that empowered us to train harder."

"But, remember," Mir warned, "We spent an entire year in here and improved not only ourselves but our team, out there though, the world is still reacting to Darkseid's death. To them, it was only yesterday, and we must be ready to deal with whatever happens when a God dies." Mir explained, unsure himself, but willing to find out exactly what happens, given that he had seen both Maxwell and Darkstar perish. "There is no one else on this world or even in this galaxy who I would rather be with, no one who I would rather have at my side than any of you all, or all of you. I hope that you feel the same." Mir said, allowing others to speak on their experiences.

"I never thought I would be apart of something, Mir." Andreas said, smiling widely at the Daxamite. "I was so used to just being by myself that I, well, really never understood what it means to be a team player. Look, I've been around for thousands of years, been in many organizations near and far, but I've finally found one where I feel like I actually belong. Like..."

"Like someone's not using you?" Alan Gabriel said, completing the Eternal's thought, "Because I know how you feel." Andreas nodded, chuckling to himself at how much just one year in his indefinitely long lifespan could profoundly affect him so. Other Mad Gods felt similar emotions of togetherness, and it nearly brought a tear to Mir's eyes, as they agreed that they've found a place where they belong. The Daxamite tried to compare his old assembly with this one, but the more he thought about it, the more Mir noticed that this team was it's own device, not a recreation as Mir had sought, but a new team all together.

"I fuckin' love you guys. Let's get out of here and change the world, damnit." Van Zant declared, his boastful confidence a symbol of his own tremendous power, "Whatever happens after Darkseid...We won't have to deal with it." He said passionately, gaining the stares and confusion of his teammates quickly, wondering why. Van cracked a wicked smile, thinking of the cheesiest thing to say, and thoroughly declared it. "Because whatever happens after a God dies will have to deal with us." Some groaned, others cheered, raising their fist in agreement with that sentiment.

Mir's face was happy, the high spirits abound, his team all wearing their armor plates and looking absolutely official in them. With a helmet under his arm, Mir raised it up and placed it over his head, sealing it tightly on in a hiss of air. "If you all are ready to move, we can all go. It's been a pleasure, but what awaits us may be worse than what we left it as. Last time I saw a God die, an entire universe went with it." Mir said, suddenly dampening the parade. He noticed it, too, but it was a grim reality that might be waiting for them. "But fuck it, let's change the world anyways."
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Illica Falki
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Illica Falki » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Charmera wrote:
Illica Falki wrote:Upon Grodd getting thrown back, Vera jumped off him back onto the ceiling, safely away from the falling ape. Upon seeing him attack Xyri with a laser she drops down next to him with her shotgun out before whistling to make sure she has his attention. She then quickly takes aim and fires a beanbag round at his hand, knocking the laser out of his hand. Now that his attention is drawn to her, she quickly jumps back up to the ceiling. Before can get safely up on the ceiling, Grodd manages grab her leg, trying to drag her down.

Xyri was not about to let a damn dirty ape touch her friend. She suddenly rushed Grodd, wrapping her slimey body around him and crushing him in a bear hug like vice. She then tossed the ape like a sack of potatoes, into a wall. She then moved to absorb him, assuming he didn't come up with any tricks of course... that might be problematic.

Vera was left a little stunned by what just occurred, She actually didn't expect Xyri to just completely win this fight for them. Vera plans to get the last blow at least, and she quickly drops off the roof, onto Grodd stomach, and hitting him in the face with her baton to keep him stunned. Seeing Xryi approach, she keeps a foot on Grodd, to keep him from lashing out at Xyri, as she watches, a little curious on what she's planning on doing. She keeps her baton in her hand, ready to turn it on Grodd is he starts getting violent again, but she's also ready in case she needs to use it on Xyri, she remembers hearing her bring up that she tried eating people...
Illica
Illy/Illi/Illa
Flora

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Karnilla turned to the Forgotton People after Otis was finished throwing his tantrum. "Well, are you happy? That is the person to whom you chose to gave one of the most powerful sources of cosmic energy in the multiverse. You expected a kid to fulfill your pathetic fantasies about making Apokolips into something it will never be?" She sighed once more and watched Otis walk away. She considered stopping him, and offering to take him home, but then decided that it wouldn't be ideal for a kid with the Omega Effect who didn't know how to use it running around and interacting with normal people.

Karnilla disappeared from the sight of the Forgotton People. Her destination was one that couldn't even be comprehended by mortals. Even she found it hard to wrap her head around when she first discovered it as a result of her pursuit of ultimate knowledge. She found herself in a white void of nothingness. A split second later, her surroundings shifted and she was in what appeared to be a normal universe, complete with stars, galaxies, etc.

Then, in front of her appeared a glowing orb. "Hello, Karnilla. Are you seeking knowledge yet again?"

"Oh, come now. You know why I'm here. I'm here for Darkseid. Some asshat destroyed his body, but his body isn't the issue. His soul is." Karnilla stated.

The orb was silent for a second before responding. "No."

Karnilla frowned slightly. "Do you really believe a mortal gaining the power of Darkseid is wise? Not to mention the number of mortals becoming gods increasing by the second."

"The New Gods were always flawed creations of mine from the start. It was my mistake to create them in order to replace the Old Gods while I was not whole -- a mere half of my original self. This presents an opportunity for a new start. Should this fail, I have the ability to simply wipe the slate clean."

Karnilla sighed. "I suppose I have no room to argue. If you're set on this, there's nothing I can do about it, even if I can't help but disagree. I hope you know what you're doing." With that, she disappeared and found herself in her body back at Xander and Naja's wedding, floating cross legged in the air and talking to Medusa.

"--those damn Skrulls have made a mockery of us for the last time. We--"

"Yes, the Skrulls are quite annoying. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get cake." Karnilla interrupted, and went straight for the large cake, getting a slice of her own.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Illica Falki wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:*snip*

Nightraven nodded in acceptance at Cain request for a one v one duel. When Cain went on the attack Vera quickly side steps around her attack before grabbing Cains cape as she stops. "Do you expect me to just give up at the start of the fight?" She retorts, before yanking the cape to drag Cain with it. She swiftly swings a punch, activating her shock gloves mid way through the punch, hoping to not give Cain enough time to react to the shock.

Just before the punch connected, Cassandra clutched her hand to her throat, activating a hidden clasp that detached the cape. She leapt backwards, dragging the cape with her and on top of Nightraven, trying to cover her, and then quickly attacking her adversary through the durable material.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Gotham City, Earth

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:---

The General had been immersed in his thoughts before, but he was swiftly drawn away from them and back into reality when he heard the voice of the Black Bat addressing him. He turned, his single eye scrutinizing the young woman with a hard stare as he listened to her speak about the Runner, his harsh demeanor not the result of any sort of hostility towards Cassandra, but rather simply a manifestation of the cold face that he had learned to show the world after the events that had led up to him becoming the head of the Rebellion. He did, however, pay attention to the Black Bat's words. Indeed, he had met the Runner before. During the events of what was known as the Long Night of Gotham City, he had arrived at the domain of the Bat, a lost young man with no powers or training. His contact with the Gotham City Defenders was quite brief, but he had certainly met the Runner, once or twice.

Of course, that was before the Dragon Lords arrived. Given that, he did not doubt that the Runner had changed. He had not seen him in person again since then, and his voice did not seem to have changed, certainly, but his demeanor was different than he remembered. Regardless, General Graham could hardly blame him for having changed; he himself was not the same person that he had been once, before the subjugation of Earth and the death of...

The ding of the elevator brought him away from that dark alley of thought, and he stepped out behind Cassandra, keeping a slow pace as opposed to the young woman, who had reached the Runner's door in no time. Stepping through, his single remaining amber eye gazed upon the Runner for the first time in a long while. He had certainly changed for the worst, grown old before his time, no doubt due to the stress he must have been suffering as the head of the Gotham City Defenders during these times of turmoil. Any revolutionary group was in danger of being brutally annihilated by the agents of the Dragon Lords, and though perhaps none suffered from such a risk more than the Rebellion itself, the punishment, in any case, was equal: death.

"Runner." The General greeted coldly. "Let's get straight to the point."

"Good." The Runner replied. "I have four Bats- Cassandra Cain, the Black Bat, said to be the single most proficient hand to hand fighter on Earth. Trained by the League before her time with the Bat, she has killer instinct that puts her on par with the best in every other category. She's my Second." He nodded towards Cassandra, standing just inside the room, who did not react. "Damian Wayne, son of Bruce Wayne. Trained by the League and his mother, former Head of the Demon, he has skill and raw fury that puts him on par with Cain on his good days. As he grows older, he'll probably be the best of us." He glanced at a file in his hand. "Nightwing is currently operating out of our North cell. He's not as good as the other two, but he's the best field leader I've seen yet. Last, Catwoman is the head of our mobiles, operating out of Central. Odds are, if there's a shadow in Gotham, either she or one of hers has looked out of it. Those are our Bats. We only have one other former Hero- Benjamin Grimm, better known as the Thing. Don't expect much out of him. He lost an arm back when they first arrived, and has been wallowing in drink ever since. He's kept in a holding cell in West if we ever need..." He hesitated, then sighed and lowered his head slightly. "If we ever need a god damn distraction."

He looked up at the General. "Six years ago, if anyone ever told me I'd be willing to throw away anyone's life, let alone someone who was once one of Humanity's defenders, I'd have told them to fuck off. General Graham, I've given you a lot of shit in the past. If I'm being honest with myself, most of that was me trying to rely on the old principles- From the days where I could say 'no loss of life' on a mission and expect my men to be able to follow that order to the letter, the days where death was staring me down from the faces of clowns and snowmen, not the maws of beings who humble the Gods."

"But those days are over. I made a show of bravado to my lieutenants that I'd force you to let us remain autonomous within the Rebellion, that I'd make you let us do our own thing as part of your organization, but that's all it was- Bravado. They couldn't think that the 'great Runner' would kneel before anyone. It'd break the Defenders. Do what you need with my forces. If they complain, Cassandra can talk them down easy. They listen to and look up to her about as much as they do me." He leaned back in his chair, watching the General.

"The time for Defenders and Heroes, General, is over. The Age of the Runner and the Vigilante has ended. Its your job to make the future something worth living. The duty is yours to blaze the trail of Humanity. Do it well."

The mercenary of the Dragons, Manifest, reappeared outside the Milky Way. It did not fail- No matter how vast the Universe, no matter how wide the threat, it always had something to do with this galaxy. He had little doubt in his mind that his masters were here. He summoned and then utilized a beacon, sending a signal that he had accomplished his task. The New Gods had fallen.
Last edited by The Silhouette of Adventure on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

Baxten
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baxten » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Baxten on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The symbolism of theUnited States of Columbia's flag can be found by clicking here

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right:
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.36

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:19 pm

The Dark Damned Heart

Prologue

You know, I’m really not looking forward to this. This was Katie’s idea. She said we should write down our thoughts, “for future generations” and all that. She also said it might be good therapy, help us with stress or whatever. I think she’s full of shit, but it’s not easy to win an argument with her so I eventually just gave up.

Anyway, I suppose you want to hear what happened right? How the world just suddenly went to hell? God, things went bad so quickly, it all started on that day in Egypt over two years ago. I should know, after all. I was there when the darkness was unleashed.
It started out like an ordinary vacation. We were all excited to get away to Egypt for once. It was the six of us like usual. Me, Sarah, John, DeeDee, Sam and… well ya, there was six of us. Anyway, the trip was Sarah’s idea. She said she wanted to see the pyramids. We all took John’s jet. Him and Sarah had been dating for almost a year and a half by that time. You know, he was planning on proposing on that trip. He showed me the ring and everything. Sam and DeeDee had been causally dating since that trip that we met at Disney World, I think at least. They’re still casually dating, I think… I don’t really know what goes on between them, and I don’t really ask. And I was there with… Well I was there with someone too.

The flight was fun, we were all laughing and having a good time. I never had any friends growing up, and those people were the some of the first people who really cared about me. We were all so happy and care free back then. I can barely even remember what that feels like.
But, I’m started to ramble, so I should get back to the story. We arrived in Egypt after a really long flight. The air was hot and dry. It was late fall and still the hot sun was beating down on us unrelentingly.

The trip started out fun, but things went bad quickly. We snuck into an abandoned pyramid that was closed to the public. That was DeeDee’s idea. She said it would be a fun adventure and that even superheroes can break the rules sometimes. It wasn’t too difficult for us to break in. Between me being able to manipulate shadows and Sam and DeeDee’s magic, we had no trouble getting in.
The moment we entered that place I knew we had made a mistake. Something felt wrong. In the pit of my stomach I just felt that something really bad was about to happen. God, if only I knew…

We made our way through the abandoned pathways, the light from John’s flashlight illuminated the walls, as did a strange glowing fire that DeeDee had sparked from her hand. The walls were creepy, there was archaic writing scribbled across them, and drawings of strange creatures on them. When I looked closer at them, I grew more and more disturbed by them. There was one creature in particular that seemed to be staring directly at him. It was a huge black dragon with terrible spikes running across its spine and eyes that were the color of pure hellfire.
I thought about saying something, about telling the others we should head back, that it wasn’t safe, but I didn’t. I just followed along in silence as we came across a huge chamber in the center of the temple. The place clearly hadn’t been visited in years. It was filled with two large stone tombs that were both caked with dust. Again, there was that feeling that we shouldn’t be there that something was terribly wrong.

Look, I know what you want me to talk about. You want me to talk about her don’t you? That’s what you’re dying to hear about isn’t it? God… Hannah, I still can’t believe it. None of you know the real story, you don’t know what she was like before. She was sweet and kind, and gentle. But none of that matters anymore. That’s no longer the world we live in.
The world we live in is one of darkness and fear. It’s a world ruled by the Demon, the King of Darkness. We don’t know where he came from, or what he is, but his wrath has swallowed the world whole. Every day his darkness spreads and his army of shadows grows. But there is hope, at least some people think there is.

We continue to fight, we continue to resist the darkness, even as it attempts to consume all life. We… I will never stop fighting. Death doesn’t scare me, I’ve been dead since that day in Egypt.
You know what? I’m tired of this writing bullshit. I’ve got work to do, I’m done.

-Roy Damon, Vice-Commander and General of the Free Earth Army.

Chapter 1

There would still be a few hours until the sun rose into the sky, however Roy Damon's room was empty. His bed sat undisturbed, his sheets and blankets looked like they hadn't been used in days. Roy hated sleeping, and he barely did much of it these days. Instead Roy was went where he usually did at this time of night, the workout facility to take out his anger on some poor unsuspecting punching bag. It was a large rectangular room filled with training equipment and weights. During the day it was often crowded, but right now the only person in there was Roy. The only sounds that could be heard was the smacking of Roy's fist against the bag as it swayed back and forth in a steady rhythm.

The Vice-Commander of the Free Earth Army was currently in their underground headquarters, beneath the streets of New York City, or at least what was left of it. They were a group of rebels, the Earth's last hope against the tyranny of darkness that was the reign of the Demon. No one really knows what the Demon is or where it came from, but everyone knows what it has done. It's clouded the world in darkness, corrupted the souls of the weak will and the evil, and killed off anyone who it couldn't manipulate. The FEA was the only thing standing between the Demon, and total domination of the Earth. The rebel group was spread out and scattered across the world. With little pockets of resistance spattered all around, and about a dozen large bases like the one in New York located in major cities across the continents. However they were out matched and out manned, and it seemed like the strength of the darkness was growing each day.

The lights flickered slightly as Roy continued to strike furiously at the punching bag. It was a miracle that they had lights at all. Because even if the rebels lacked in manpower, they certainly didn't lack in will power or intelligence. The whole success of their operation was largely thanks to people like Katie Prince and Craig Thomsen who managed to get them electricity and heat. Not to forget Valancy Stirling, Roy's adoptive mother, who was responsible for growing fresh food and creating fresh water for the rebel camp to consume. Roy shuttered to think what the place would be like without them.

"You know, I'm starting to think that punching bag did something awful to you."

Those were the words that broke Roy out of his rage filled silence. Standing b y the door was Samantha Grimm, the commander of the Free Earth Army, and his best friend. Roy could never get over how much Sam's appearance had changed in a matter of a few years. She was still quite beautiful, but she had become slightly more muscular and toned, and her face had a more hardened and experience look to it. Like a woman who had seen the the absolute worst in human kind, because she had. Roy always admired her though, despite all the horrible things she had seen and gone through, she never lost that hope, the hope that things can still get better.

"Couldn't sleep" Roy said as he finished up his session with a few hard hits, and grabbed a towel to dry off his bare upper body as he turned to Sam. "What about you?" He asked the commander. "I never thought DeeDee let you out of bed this early." He said dryly to her. DeeDee was known throughout the resistance for her sexual appetite, and it wasn't a secret that she and Sam spent most of their nights together.

Sam gave a small smile as she sat down in a nearby chair, "DeeDee's asleep, she was tired from her latest recon mission." Roy merely nodded, as he continued to dry his hair with the towel. DeeDee was a member of the resistance, but Roy had a feeling that was mostly because Sam and CeeCee were, not because of any sens eof duty to defeat the Demon. DeeDee was the kind of person who did what she wanted when wanted, and most of the time Sam happened to be that thing.

"So what are you doing here Sam? You just here to watch me hit inanimate objects?" Roy asked with a raised eyebrow.

Sam shook her head softly, clearly deep in thought. "We need to talk about Gotham. I don't think you should go tomorrow." Sam told her second in command and best friend calmly.

Roy froze and stared at her. Gotham, was their next target, their most important target. In the dark world, Gotham was the /demon's strong hold in North America. That was their headquarters where they launched all their patrols from, and most importantly, its where the enemy kept their stocks of weapons and resources. They had been planning this mission for months, and it was finally time for them to strike.

"What the hell are you talking about Sam?" Roy said, his look demanding an honest answer.

"I'm worried about you Roy. So is Valancy and Katie, and everyone else. You're not eating, you're not sleeping, and you're lashing out a lot. We can't afford any risks tomorrow Roy. You know how important this is to our cause." Sam said calmly, still keeping her voice level and patient.

"You're damn right I've been lashing out. You know why? Because I'm angry. This monster destroy our world, killed our friends. I want revenge! You have no right to deny me that!"

Sam finely stood up, her face breaking from its calm look and fianlly betraying her feelings. "Look Roy, I know you;re angry, we wall are. But you aren't the only one with something at stake here and you aren't the only one who wants revenge. She was my sister too Roy, I loved her just as much as you did, so don't act like you're special here." She said with an icy tone that demanded compliance. "And don't you dare question my authority again Roy, or I swear I will have you shot. Is that clear?" She said, anger creeping into her voice.

Roy's jaw was clenched hard and it was clear he was holding back as he threw up a stiff salute. "Yes ma'am" He said before hitting the punching bag hard one last time and storming out of the gym.

Sam sighed, her anger fading into exhaustion as she rested her face in her hands, her mind drifting back to simpler days, when the fate of the free world didn't rest squarely on her shoulders.
Last edited by Tomia on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:00 am

Illica Falki wrote:
Charmera wrote:Xyri was not about to let a damn dirty ape touch her friend. She suddenly rushed Grodd, wrapping her slimey body around him and crushing him in a bear hug like vice. She then tossed the ape like a sack of potatoes, into a wall. She then moved to absorb him, assuming he didn't come up with any tricks of course... that might be problematic.

Vera was left a little stunned by what just occurred, She actually didn't expect Xyri to just completely win this fight for them. Vera plans to get the last blow at least, and she quickly drops off the roof, onto Grodd stomach, and hitting him in the face with her baton to keep him stunned. Seeing Xryi approach, she keeps a foot on Grodd, to keep him from lashing out at Xyri, as she watches, a little curious on what she's planning on doing. She keeps her baton in her hand, ready to turn it on Grodd is he starts getting violent again, but she's also ready in case she needs to use it on Xyri, she remembers hearing her bring up that she tried eating people...

Xyri paused before absorbing Grodd. "Whatever I do, promise not to freak out. Please?" She spoke. And then suddenly grodd was not Grodd, but had suddenly turned into more green slime mass as he was then absorbed into Xyri. Then the slime girl paused, her eyes wide as she felt a change. She felt... different, smarter somehow. Suddenly green slime like glasses formed around her eyes. "Facinating. It seems I have also taken on the inteligence of the primate, not merely adding his mass onto my own. Perhaps a new evolution of my skill set. This shall be most useful." She spoke. "My vernacular has improved too. Most intriguing." She turned to vera. The slime woman was now at least 18 feet tall. "There is no need to fret Vera. The process of absorption is easily reversible, though it can be mildly unpleasant for myself. Like coughing." She spoke. "In any case, I believe we may be finished here. The only thing that remains is to deposit this criminal ape with the proper authorities, correct? I believe that is the typical procedure."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:29 am

Tomia wrote:At the Wedding
Cora turned when she heard Katie's voice, seeing the tears in her eyes. Cora had been concerned when she saw Katie crying before and had asked if she was okay, but Katie explained that they were tears of joy not sadness. Cora was still confused by that, she didn't understand crying when you're happy. Still, she didn't question it, and was just satisfied with the knowledge that Katie was not sad at the moment. "I know, I'm really happy for them." Cora said, gently wrapping an arm around her girlfriend and holding her close. "You know, I never knew that this was what a wedding was like. I've seen them on TV and stuff, but this is the first time of been to one." Cora said to Katie as they stood together.

Asgard
Cora listened to Katie as she asked to get a chance to lift Mjolnir. Cora was slightly away of the hammer's magical capabilites, but she didn't really understand it fully. However she could tell that Katie was determined in trying to do this and she wanted to support her. She took her girlfriend's hand as they sat next to each. "Lady Valka, I know Katie would never abuse her privileges with the hammer. I promise you she is sincere with her intentions." Cora said, trying to reassure the goddess that there wasn't a danger in letting Katie try to pick up the hammer.

Nico
Nico smiled in surprise when his sister said she'd come out with him and that she wanted Italian. "Sure sis, Italian sounds great." He said to her with a smile as they headed out of the house. The crisp west coast air felt nice, combined with the setting sun in the sky. They headed out into the streets of Jump City until they reached their family's favorite Italian restaurants, it was probably one of the best restaurants in the city. The air was filled with delicious smelling Italian food as they headed inside. "I'm starving." Nicole said with a smile, glad to be out on the town with his sister, hoping the fresh air might help her feel better.

Katie
"Me too.... I'm sorry if my crying worried you, it's just so..." she sniffed, and then smiled, bringing herself close to Cora too. Watching Naja and Xander. "They're a pretty cool couple aren't they?" She remarked, reminded of the two of them. Though she wasn't quite ready to do anything like a proposal yet, she had resolved today to buy a ring for Cora, and to one day soon get down on one knee and propose to her. She realised then that this was the person she wished to spend the rest of her life with. A soft blue glow eminated from her as she embraced Cora. "We're a pretty cool couple too."

Catherine
Cat smiled wearily, but then frowned slightly afterwards. She frowned as she looked at the restaurant, remembering how her father and mother would always go into the back room, or a table far away, leaving the two brother and sister to talk. It... can't be true. It can't. Was she letting her jealousy of her brother blind her? Were her parents really who she thought they were?

She sat down and ordered a pizza. "You... remember when we came here last with mom and dad. And... they disapeared halfway through dinner..." She paused. "They did that a lot... I suppose."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:40 am

Charmera wrote:-snip-

All conversation stopped as Katie spoke her request to Valka, the All-Mother taking her seriously. Some drunken Asgardians laughed, starting to joke at the superheroine when Valka turned to them and gave them a death-glare. Even their inebriated minds could recognize that it was not wise to anger their All-Mother and so they sat down, grumbling, taking a little more line. "You would have my approval, but Mjolnir, or rather, the Mjolnirs are not mine, in a sense. I built them, but she or he who wields the hammer is the true owner. Thus, you would have to ask Thor or Otis. Luckily, the former is in our presence," Valka said, beckoning to Thor, who had heard the conversation. "Lady Katie is more than welcome to attempt to lift Mjolnir," he said, smiling at her after a brief gaze. "Though I will not give up my ownership of it," he said, Valka nodding in understanding. "I may have a way to solve that" she said, "provided that she is able to do so, and would like to wield a Mjolnir into battle."
Tomia wrote:-snip-

Valka chuckled at Cora's words, before responding. "I understand that, but Katie would never be able to lift it if she were not sincere. The hammer searches the heart of its potential wielders. Thus I am not worried at all."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

"Ah, the thrill of combat. It fills us Asgardians too at times, and that is when we are all at our finest," she said to Eternal Night. "I am glad to see that you are enjoying our vittles, and I welcome you to eat with us whenever you please."
The Republic of Atria wrote:-snip-

She turned and beheld Otis, and felt the changed aura around him, her eyes widening. "You. Killed. Darkseid?!" Valka said in almost a shout, all conversation stopping, as all the Asgardians looked upon the Inhuman with awe and respect. And then she laughed, merrily, all of Asgard echoing with the All-Mother's booming laughter. "That is a mighty feat, my friend. Mighty indeed. I could only force a retreat, albeit in dramatic fashion, from the former Lord of Apokoplis. But that is a story for another time. But on to more serious matters," said Valka, catching the thrown Mjolnir, and then tossing it to Thor. "I hate to interrupt thy feasting, my friend, but would you adminster Katie's attempt of lifting Mjolnir. It seems I must train a New God." And in odd fashion, she gathered two large plates of food, along with some drink, before speaking to Otis again. "Come."

She led him to the training yards once again, Valka setting the plates and cups on the table. "First, my friend, eat, and I will speak while you do so. And then after which, I will train you in the art of godhood."
Last edited by The Starlight on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Otis stepped back when he heard Valka's booming voice. One sigh of relief later he found himself seated with a large amount of food and drink. "Oh thank you... Food! I haven't eaten anything in like... Twelveish, hours?" He guessed and began to munch away at the food. "Oh. I could tell you how I did it, but I got this cool gizmo that'll show you what happened. I know that there's a video of me doing the deed. Motherbox, find that video of me. Oh, and do you have like a projector mode?" He asked and it beeped a few times before projecting the video of him and Darkseid's full fight on the most open wall. It opened with Otis getting stomped on by Darkseid following with him mocking Otis. It went on like that for a few minutes, with Otis attacking Darkseid to no avail and Darkseid proceeding to beat him within an inch of his life without too much effort.

"I swear it gets better when the League shows up." And it did. Only to show them fairing about as well as Otis did. That is to say not very well. Even with Otis fight alongside them, Darkseid clearly had the edge. "Oh! Here comes the good part!" He said. The final part of the fight was with Otis using Mjolnir as a shield to protect himself from the Omega beams. Even in the video, Mjolnir began to glow bright red as it absorbed more and more of the energy. Then came Superman's intervention. Without it, it was likely he would have died right then and there. Darkseid then turned after swatting away the Kryptonian and came the part everyone had been waiting for. Otis had combined the power of the God blast with that of the Omega beams into something quite terrible. Motherbox slowed the next few seconds down for dramatic effect. The beam flew straight and true through the Dark God's chest. Ending his reign of terror once and for all. "So... I didn't do it by myself. I would have died if I did."

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:After a moment though, she decided that she'd figure it out later and looked at Rin. "Oh, anyways! I'm Dragon Mage, but you can call me Kiris. Nice to meet you!"

Tomia wrote:After finishing goodbyes the Arrow heading off into the night and Mars turned back to Kiris and Rin. "Come on, lets get back to the ship. That fight with Bain really took a lot out of me." Mars said, indeed looking quite tired and sore from the fight, though he knew it could be much worse, considering who he had been fighting.

Rin Tarla

Rin was a bit overwhelmed by Kiris, the things she said and such. "Erm, thanks, nice to meet you to, ..., I think?" It came out a bit more like a question than a statement, but that was only because Rin had no idea how to react to Kiris just said and really wasn't sure she was happy to meet her just yet. She liked Mars though, at least as much as you can like someone you just met and know nothing about. Not because she felt like it was needed, but out of instinct more than anything else, Rin listened to every single sound her new companions made. First time she did this, a week ago as far as she can remember, this gave her a tremendous headache. Now, now it gives her information, she was getting better at listening. Professor X helped her a lot over the week.

Some noises about Mars were off though, maybe some of Kiris to but being something else than a human made Rin unable to hear what noises were normal and which weren't so she chose to focus on Mars. "Erm, sorry to bother Mars, but erm, your neck, some minor blood vessels broke. It sounds not to harmful but it's going to cause some discolororation and feel a bit painful for a wile of not treated soon." Rin never stopped looking down, she wasn't sure how people would react to her knowing things like this, the little experiences she had so far were either the x-men understanding it and being supportive, or people wondering behind her back if they'd lose all privacy because she could hear what she'd want from where she'd want.
Last edited by Siliarba on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:37 pm

At the Wedding
Cora felt Katie lean closer to her as the mutant spoke. Cora noticed that her girlfriend was feeling quite affectionate today, though that was usually just the type of person Katie was. Still, Cora felt like something was different, and she could almost feel powerful thoughts working in her mind. Cora really cared about Katie a lot, and even though they hadn't said it to each other yet, Cora was sure that she loved her.

Cora continued to hold her girlfriend close as Katie spoke. "Ya, we are a cool couple." Cora said simply, before adding, "I wouldn't want to be part of any other one."

Nico
Nico was a little surprised when Cat started talking about how their parents and how they would often sit alone when they went out for dinner. He was wondering if maybe she was coming around to what he was trying to tell her. "Ya, I remember that." He said softly. "You know, Mom and Dad care about us a lot. And I'm sure there's a lot they don't tell us to protect us. But... what if some of that stuff is bad Cat? Like really bad? I don't want to believe it either, but I can't just ignore it either." He said sincerely to her, hoping she'd believe him this time.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:40 pm

The Starlight wrote:Previously in Renascence Eternal...This is a story of death, and life, and renascence. The All-Mother had descended into Hell, and having conquered death, now, she would rise.

Valka Silverhand
Renascence Eternal
- Rise

But one task remained for the All-Mother before she could return to the halls of the living, and she was not sure whether it would be the hardest yet. Shifting her grip on her sword, she stood upon a cliff, looking down upon Hell. But this was no Hell of Greeks or Aztecs, this one, was reserved for Asgard, ruled by Hel, daughter of Loki. She looked upon that sad domain, hearing the haunting cries of the tortured and slain as they endured hellfire in every waking moment of their lives. Such profane fires burned all day, and Valka could smell the pungent scent of them from miles away. But it was time to find her daughter's soul, and her own body.

And so Valka flew down and began her search, which was inevitably a long one as she was in the lowest level of Hel. The Asgardian Goddess of Death had not failed to hear of Valka's many battles among the other realms of the dead, and so she constantly sent her minions and armies against Valka. This was the realm of Hel, and here, the Asgardian's Death Incarnate had nigh absolute control over her realm. And so she held darkness in one palm and death in the other. Here, Valka had discovered, in Hel, that any wound she received burned for days upon ends, a strange feeling for Valka, who had rarely been burned by fire. But, after healing, she soldiered on, searching every cavern, hole and pit that she came across, hoping, praying that she would find what she sought.

Days passed, perhaps weeks, for there was no sun, and yet, Valka refused to give up. For how could she admit that this all had been for naught? It was not in her nature, nor in the very being of an Asgardian to lie down and go gently into eternal slumber. And while the denizens of Hel saw Valka as a manifestation and embodiment of hope, despite all their hatred for her, she kept hope alive by repeating the names of those to whom she had a duty to return. She was All-Mother, and she had been called upon by Odin to guide her people? And how could she do this if she remained dead?

After battling a particularly hard-skinned dragon that Hel had bred, she found herself in a cavern, and her eyes drew themselves to the center of the chamber, where the souls always were. But there was none to be seen, and Valka turned her head in disappointment, weary. But her turning eyes flashed across an object, and the All-Mother's eyes, as sharp as the birds of Odin, returned to it, seeing a body. Moving closer, she gazed down upon it, a smile that had not been seen in months stretching across her face. At long last, what she sought, at least one of the items, at least.

Her own body lay there, and Valka looked curiously at herself, seeing her closed eyes, the hole in her chest, and the rather calm expression. "What is dead rises again. Mind, body and soul, united once more, alive once more. What slumbers shall awake." she murmured, her hands glowing as she healed herself, and planted a spark of the Valkaforce within her body. "Awake! Awake! Awake!" she cried thrice in a bright voice, and then, that form disappeared, the soul reentering the healed, renewed body. And Valka's eyes snapped open, the All-Mother shouting in triumph. And the Asgardian laughed for the first time in what had seemed to be eons. It was a laugh that echoed in the bottomless pits and innumerable caverns of Hel, reckoning nothing of fiery torture nor death. It was a strange thing in Hel, a laugh, and then Valka Silverhand strode out of that cavern, that armor of a World-Scale shimmering as her sword blazed. Upon her head she placed the winged helm of Valkyries. And if it seemed possible, now she was stronger, faster, more fierce in battle. She had been silent in battle before, but now, she sung battle-songs, and from her shined the light of Asgard. The hearth had been relit again within the All-Mother, and now, there was hope. And where there is hope, there is life.

Hel now realized what Valka's true goal was and so the Goddess of Death mustered half of her armies, setting them before the chamber which housed her daughter's soul. Those armies of the undead stood nervously, fearing the legend of the mother. They had been tasked with facing a mother in all her rage. And yet, this fear remained, despite Cul Borson, God of Fear, commanding it. Hours flew by and the soldiers grew annoyed that they had been forced to guard a chamber against someone who apparently would not even attack. But then, there, Valka appeared, Oathbringer held lax to the side, trailing in the dirt.

The All-Mother surveyed the army of thousands with an unimpressed look upon her face, shaking her head. "Half of the army of Hel? That shall not be enough." she said, turning her attention to the God of Fear. "How has death suited thee, Borson?" she said, knowing all too well who had sent him here.

"Quite well, actually. But you will fear my name, Valka. There is no escape from the realm of the dead. None. That which descends into Hel cannot be reborn." sneered Cul, drawing his sword.

"I fear no man, least of all you. Have you not heard the stories? The tales spoken when the firelight is low, among the denizens of Hel. The tales that all remember, a story whispered from sinners to the monsters. From the monsters, it spreads like a plague to the jailors and demons, and then, to the goddess of this realm. The tale of Valka, Conqueror of Death. But I descended here for one thing, and one thing alone, my daughter. And I would have what is mine by blood, now."

"No." Cul said. "Milady Hel has made an agreement with Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, and your daughter's soul will remain there, in that chamber, forever. She shall be the thrall of the Gods of Gods, and Those Who Sit Above in Shadow shall make her slay you. And you will die, and she will live, broken, forever, as the conqueror of Asgard and slayer of Valka." Cul said.

And Valka's rage bubbled to the surface, the rage that she had expressed in her battles and slayings of gods while in Hel. She trembled and shook, not in fear, but in undiluted, unrestrained wrath. Her grip on her Oathbringer tightened, so that it seemed that the mighty sword would break. The cold glare she shot Cul with filled the God with fear, and then she spoke, quietly, very quietly. "Nay. But an opportunity presents itself here today. I live in a universe of glass. I must constantly restrain my swings, lessen my strength unless I break a world. Not today. Here, in the realm of the dead, against an army, I shall show thee, Cul Borson, God of Fear, power. I will show thee the true meaning of fear. For you do not face any Asgardian. You face a Skymother, and the only result of daring to face me is death. You think that because you are dead, you are safe? Nay. You will die many deaths today, God of Fear. And if Hel raises you from the dead, rest assured, I will be here, waiting for you, with my sword whetted with your blood, thirsting for more. Such is the oath I bring against you, and you, Borson, would do well to remember it." she said. She then looked upon the army, Valka seeming to have grown in stature and might, a fierce light in her eyes.

And every weapon shattered, the shrapnel flying into demon and undead alike.

In the chaos that followed, Valka Silverhand, All-Mother leaped into the air, bringing a shining fist down upon Cul Borson. And that was all that it took, the God flying back fifty feet, dying instantly. The army looked at their fallen general in fear and then charged, knowing that there was no escape. No escape from the Conqueror of Death, who stood in front of the only exit. And as they ran, filling their mouths with shouts to distract themselves, they could not help but wonder why this Asgardian had not been appointed Goddess of Death instead. Valka, not waiting for them, bounded into the air once more, landing in the middle of them, plunging her sword in the ground, an earthquake following.

Later, all that the resurrected soldiers could say was that there was one flash of her sword, and then, scores of them lay dead. Blades of metal attacked them from on high as Valka wielded death in both hands, one in the form of a cosmic power, the other, a flaming sword. The earth opened itself up by the command of Valka's plunged sword, the air whistling as Valka snapped her fingers, a hail of armor-piercing arrows assailing them. Hel, presiding over the battle from afar, resurrected them, and so, it was truly a battle between the Skymother of Asgard and the Goddess of Death. Hel, realizing that the army she had sent would not be enough, sent the other creatures and gods in her service, and with them, Valka battled. They seemed to be a swarm, and Valka responded appropiately, the entire realm shaking from her attacks. Every landing created an unfathomable pit, her fists punched through bones and shields, and her sword was Death. And yet, it seemed that that and more would not be enough. Hel continued to raise them from the dead, and Valka grew frustrated.

If it had been under any circumstances, she would have fought for the glory of it, so that she could tell the tale of herself defeating an army of thousands which was quickly growing. She considered a Godblast, an attack which she had only used once before, ere her time as All-Mother. But she decided that it would be too destructive, and perhaps collapse the chamber which she sought to enter. That left only one item, and Valka gathered it from the wells within her, forming the Valkaforce in a highly reactive, small sphere of power. And when she had compacted enough of it into it, she threw out her arms, and blasted it forth, the mystical Asgardian cosmic force obliterating thousands, reducing them to dust. To resurrect that many would take Hel a fair amount of time, if she dared, and Valka hurried to the chamber, setting up a wall of uru behind her once she entered.

And there she found it: her daughter's soul. It had the appearance of a glowing orb, this one being a bit dim, but there was a mystical nature to it. Valka approached carefully, and as she came close enough to touch it, a black tendril lashed out, Valka parrying it, 5 more tendrils attacking her as the Lords of Shadow felt that their possession of the host was under siege. Holding the tendrils at bay, and praying to the World-Tree that this was the right thing to do, she blasted the soul with the Valkaforce, light battling with dark, the shadow creating a shield around its unwilling host's soul. But Valka would not be denied, and so she pushed at it, and when she felt it waver, that small crack in the shield, she poured the Valkaforce through it, casting away the dark, cleansing her daughter's soul.

The shadows faded, and light seemed to emerge all around her, though there was no sun. And then she knelt before it. In order to ensure that her daughter would not fall to Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, her domain of Rebirth had to be taken away. And once a domain existed, it had to be wielded by someone. And she was the only option that remained. Sighing in reluctance, she began to speak the words. Pausing halfway through, she looked up at the glowing soul once more, silver in color. "I do not even know her name..."

"Valveig," a voice said in reply, Valka turning her head so fast that she would've had whiplash, if she were human. "Valveig Silverhand. You came up with that name 5 hours after I was born. Everyone was wondering why it took you so long."

Valka's mouth gaped, her eyes drinking in the sight of her daughter, still in the tri-colored armor. Here was her flesh and blood, here was her daughter, free at last. The mother's mouth opened a few more times, before she was finally able to form a sentence. "Please do not tell me that you killed yourself to get here," Valka's mind filling with thousands of worries and thoughts.

"Nay, mother, it was the World-Tree who did so," said Valveig, smiling at her mother who still stared. Valka, recovering from her shock, crossed the distance between them in a bound, throwing aside her helmet and enveloping her daughter in a bear hug, who quickly responded. They held each other for a long time, exchanging nothing save feelings of relief and love. Valveig, hearing something, broke the silence with a hint of laughter in her voice, "Mother, are you crying?"

"The All-Mother does not cry!" Valka responded indignantly, her eyes covering her face. Pausing, she removed her eyes, unashamed of the tears. "Very much so. I have traveled through fire and hell to save you, Valveig, I have wept and died a thousand deaths at the thought of you being a thrall. But now, you are safe. One thing remains, vengeance. And I will have my vengeance upon those who thought that they could make you their thrall. My own daughter! Nay, they shall taste this oath, brought upon this sword," Valka said, drawing out Oathbringer. Then, she stumbled, leaning upon her sword, for much of her energy had been expended in the last year, and she had not even taken an Valkasleep after the Builder War and the Slime War that had followed. The last few months had taken their toll upon her reserves of magic and energy, and now, finding herself victorious, Valka had also found herself to be very, very weary.

"You need to rest, mother," said Valveig, concerned as she had never before seen Valka so tired in her own time.

"Rubbish, child." Valka said, drawing herself up. "Now, tell me as much as you can about thyself, though I have not born you into the world yet." And so Valveig spoke, Valka leaning herself against the wall and resting as she listened to her daughter's calming voice. Valveig Silverhand was 20, that age being equivalent to a toddler or teenager to the Asgardians, a young sapling whose full power had not yet come. And yet, she was in truth the daughter of Valka, and that she had been able to best her own mother in battle several times, albeit with the aid of The Lords of Shadow, spoke of the might she would possess, the might she already possessed. It was a strange thing, knowing that she would have a daughter sometime soon in the future.

Valveig, concluding her account of herself, now knelt towards Valka. "Rest, mother. I will keep watch."
Valka snorted, a smile stretching across her face. "My own daughter mothering me. Very well, Valveig. I shall sleep, and will do so for a day. The Valkaforce requires such."

And so, the All-Mother departed to that restful slumber, a smile upon her face. For her daughter was saved, and now, Asgard awaited its All-Mother.

The First Lesson

Valka awoke to her daughter's face, Valveig leaning over her, glancing worriedly at the door. "They've been battering on that door for 5 hours now. I'm surprised that it's still holding" she commented. "I enforced it with a wall of uru," Valka said, rising and walking over to the door and placing a hand upon it. "It shall take anything they throw at it, " she said confidently.

"But now, it is time for your lessons" the All-Mother stated, turning to her daughter. "There is no reason that they should halt solely because we are trapped in hell," Valveig groaning at that, Valka giving her a small smile. Sitting upon the ground, she patted the space before her. And once Valveig had sat before her, she began. "I have given your domains some thought while I slept, and I believe I have come upon one. You, my daughter, shall be the Goddess of Stories and Runes. The domain of stories includes that of words and names. And in order to wield these domains, you must know what they are and their true power, for you shall possess powerful domains. Runes are cryptic symbols that few can master, making up the foundations of the universe. They can be elements, ideals, even emotions, expressed either with written hand, spoken word or a moving hand. When Gaea made the Earth, she spoke runes of power, in her own tongue. I wield the Rune of Metal, and to a lesser degree, Fire. You will learn them all, eventually," Valka said, speaking out a word, fire blazing out all around her. Runes and Names are connected, you see, for the Name of Fire is the spoken version of a rune. You must always speak with a clear voice and a clear target or aim." she said.

Valveig nodded, storing that information away. "But didn't Rune King Thor have to hang himself on the World-Tree to gain the power of runes? And didn't Odin have to give up his eye for such power?" she asked.

Valka chuckled, shaking her head. "Men. All they had to do was ask the World-Tree politely, perhaps answer a riddle or two. But that is besides the point, let us move on now, to Words. When swords have dulled, when stars have faded, my daughter, words will always retain their power. Words offer the reason for reasons, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. Words have power, are power, perhaps the greatest of all. Words can light aflame the hearts of gods and men alike. And this flame, is one of infinity, and it will burn within them forever. Loki used his mastery of words to develop a silver tongue, and such it was we named him, but you shall not be so. But that is not all, my daughter. Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. They can inspire and destroy, uplift and destroy, harden, and soften. Words are but one thing that makes a leader, but they must be tempered and augmented with a proper tone. Will your voice begin as a whisper and then rise to a glorious shout? Or will it be so soft that those listening must strain their ears to hear thee? Those are the questions you must ask yourself subconsciously, the moment you begin to speak with purpose."

"But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself, the very flame and essence of it. Everything has a name, and once you know that name, you know the named thing, and the actions that can be used with it. Titles as well, hold this power. All-Mother and Skymother, such are my titles, worthy of a leader of a Pantheon. True names, are another thing completely, and perhaps the most dangerous of your power. Once you know a person, or a thing's real, true name, you will know their deepest secrets and loves. You will know them as if they were you. This is a deadly power, and can be terribly misused."

"And finally, stories. You shall be the keeper of legends. You will preserve history beyond the expanses of time and space. Stories never, truly end. A chapter, perhaps, but a true story is never complete. Anecdotes, fairy tales, records, all these are stories. They need not be grand tales of time or of great battles. But you, my daughter must also learn the stories of mortals, of ordinary folk, acts of kindness, and love, that keep the darkness within us all at bay. That concludes your lesson," Valka said, "And the next one is one that I think you will enjoy." she stated, smiling widely, patting the sheathed Oathbringer.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:22 pm

The Starlight wrote:Previously in Renascence Eternal..."Words can light aflame the hearts of gods and men alike. And this flame, is one of infinity, and it will burn within them forever. Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself, the very flame and essence of it."

Valka Silverhand
Renascence Eternal
- Battleborne
Or Fear Not

Valka turned to her daughter Valveig, once her lessons were complete, remembering a question that she had had. "Why are you arrayed in tri-colored armor, my daughter?"

"The amusing thing, to me at least, is that you built it, when I received the domain of Rebirth. One side is of pure black metal, representing death, the middle is grey, representing rebirth and the right side of the armor is white, signifying life. In my left hand, mother, I hold death, which is why I have refrained from touching you. In my right hand, I hold life, and with both, rebirth."

"And thy sword?" Valka asked, glancing at it. "I first named it Brightsteel, for its beauty, but I soon learned that twas not the proper name. And now, it is Battleborne." she said, Valka nodding as she considered the name.

"A good name. And fitting, for our current situation. Let this be the hour, when we draw swords together!" Valka said in a shout, drawing in Oathbringer in a flash, Valveig doing the same, as the door was hammered again and again. The mother turned to the daughter, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Art thou ready?" she asked.

Valveig snorted, replying with a broad grin. "I have dreamt of this moment, mother. Us standing back to back, our swords flickering like dancing flames in the fluttering wind, with the thrill of battle in our eyes." Valka nodded, and then readied her flaming sword, from which Valveig could feel the waves of heat sallying forth. And then, the All-Mother reached out a hand, timing it just right, dissolving the wall of uru just as the battering crew was about to hit it. Their momentum carried them through, and with all of their hands on the hefty log, they were defenseless, allowing the pair of Asgardians to easily dispatch them. Valka, seeing the armies of Hel beginning to charge, held up a hand, and lifted the log easily, hurling it towards the hordes of Hel, watching in satisfaction as those in the front were crushed. "Now, daughter, now we fight!" she said, leaping across the log, shouting, "The Silverhand is upon you!"

Valveig watched her mother for a moment, and then charged out after her, bellowing at the top of her lungs, "BLOOD AND GLORY!!" thus echoing Valka's old raiding cries. And into battle, their swords were borne. The mother and daughter were a tornado of death, their swords seeming like shadows as they flickered in and out like the tongue of a snake. And upon that day, the legend of Valka the Slayer was changed. And those accursed sinners now whispered of a daughter, whose wrath and sword nearly matched that of her mother. And together, they had toppled an army, and Hel was in cautious.

The battles of the Asgardians were much quicker, now that Valveig had joined her mother. For she could prevent Hel from reviving her armies, and a single touch spelled doom for those undead, despite her young age. Hel, in desperation, sent the rest of her armies, and instead of confronting them head-on, Valka decided that an ambush would be a good lesson for Valveig. The Goddess of Rebirth lured Hel's army into a valley, and as she slipped away, Valka attacked from atop the valley with thunderous force. And onwards they came. Hel sent the Gods she had enrolled in her surface, and so, they fought, the Silverhands against gods of death, gods of darkness, and all manner of gods. But the All-Mother's strength was at its greatest, and there were few forces in the universe that could stop her at full power. Having fought for several hours, Valka deemed it time to rest, though Valveig insisted that she could fight throughout the day and night.

And so it was, that they sat around a fire Valka had spoken into existence, as the domain of Hel turned dark by the will of its goddess. All around them were gleaming eyes, watching, waiting for the Asgardians to fall asleep so that they could strike. But the two paid them no mind, each deep in thought, Valka hungering for a mug of mead and perhaps some Asgardian bread and meat. It had been months, perhaps, since she had last eaten, for she did not trust the food that the denizens of hells ate and drank. Valka tilted her head towards Valveig, noticing for the first time that she was awake. "Go to sleep, little one."

"Asgardians don't need sleep." Valveig replied defiantly.

"True, but sleep nonetheless. You insisted that I sleep, and now, you must do the same." she stated, Valveig grumbling but doing as she said. "I will watch the fire tonight, for there are things I must think upon. Fear not the darkness, nor its terrors." And then she began to sing and all that night, no screams of torture or pain were heard as those wretched denizens of Hel received some restful sleep. And when she raised her voice the music began all all at once, so sudden and sweet that Valveig forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over misty mountains cold and forests aflame. Eternal seemed the voice of the All-Mother and as her daughter was taken away ere break of day by the music she sang, for both of themselves, and the glowing eyes watching them multiplied as monsters and demons alike gathered to hear her sing. There was no wizardry or Valkaforce in her song, and yet, twas not needed, for the music, the song was the magic. And on, and on she sang, long into the night reckoning nothing of the monsters who surrounded their little fire, knowing that tonight, their hearts were warmed. That night, there was peace between Asgard and those sinners. Both parties knew that when light returned, all that would fade away, but for now, they regained their sanity at that little flame, which danced with Valka's voice.

And when light came, as the fire still flickered, they slipped away like shadows, not having the heart to attack. And forever, they would remember the woman whose voice of silver had lit a light in their hearts, and the far-off places they had dreamt off. Some of their fellow sinners scorned the cowed and changed souls, while others gave them nods of understanding, as if they understood, somehow. Once Valveig had woken, their journey continued, the mother and daughter climbing the pit which separated the upper levels from the underground parts of Hel. And finally, they beheld it, the throne room of Hell. Valka slew the two guards with two flashes of her sword that Valveig could barely follow, and then, placed her bare hand upon the door, which opened for her. Sheathing her sword, Valka strode through the mists of death with no fear, looking towards the Queen of that realm. "Lady Hel, we would have words with thee."

Hel crossed her legs lazily, beckoning the All-Mother to go on as she attempted to appear to be at ease. But the act fooled none of the three woman.

"You made a deal with Those Who Sit Above in Shadow for my daughter's soul. For that, I would have blood. Your blood," Valka said, snarling at her.

"And you shall have blood. Your own!" Hel said, waving a hand to teleport a person in. "Fight my appointed champion and then I will yield," she said. Valka, about to protest, opened her mouth, Hel raising a finger and speaking over her. "This is a fight that you will want. For if you lose, he shall remain my thrall forever. And the only way to free this man is death," Hel said, as the man's face became apparent.

Valka, looking keenly upon him, took a step back as she faltered, completely shocked. "It cannot be! This cannot be! This must be-"

"It is no trick," said the deep voice of Odin Borson, his voice and appearance now haggard. Hel snatched my soul while it was in transport to Valhalla, and bound me to her. I shall be forced to fight, and attempt to slay you. Do not hold back," he warned, Valka shaking her head. "I cannot. All-Father, I cannot!" she shouted, her voice ringing with pain and despair.

"You must," insisted Odin, Valka hanging her head before shaking her sword. "Enough!" said Hel, tiring of the conversation. And as she snapped her fingers, the All-Father's eyes turned blank, and he suddenly snapped his head towards Valka, and charged at her, a jagged sword appearing in her hand. But Valka found that she could not lift her sword against he who had been All-Father, and so she leapt aside, continuing to do so as the bewitched Odin attacked her, battling with Hel within his mind. But after Valka felt the hair on her head be sliced from a swing that had been narrowly close from connecting, she knew that she had to fight. And so the All-Mother put forth her power, lifted her sword, and fought, Hel cheering, Valveig shooting the Queen a death-glare. At long last, Valka was the victor, and as she thrust her sword into Odin's heart, she wept bitterly, supporting him as she fell, and summoning an exact replica of Gungnir for the former All-Father. "Forgive me, father," she whispered, Odin giving her a small bloody smile. "You are forgiven...my child. You have always...been, and always will be. I go now to that long rest that I have sought. Do not mourn me a second time, Valka. Rule Asgard well, and give Hel hell," he said, Valka nodding in response, just before Odin's eyes closed in departure. Kissing his brow, she stood, looking down upon the All-Father one last time. And then she turned, the bloody Oathbringer leveled towards Hel, her eyes blazing in rage. "Yield."

"I will not!" Hel shouted, drawing her own sword and leaping towards Valka. But Valveig, leaping in the way, with her sword raised, parried Hel's sword, throwing a smile to her mother, as she said, "This will not take a moment, mother." And Valka watched, pride growing in her heart as her daughter, without aid, grappeled with Death and cast her down, for Valveig's touch of life, to Hel, felt like death.

Holding Hel's broken sword at the Queen's throat, Valveig strode towards Hel, the Goddess growing more fearful every moment. And then Valka spoke quietly, in a soft, yet somehow fiery tone. "You violated my daughter's soul, stole the soul of Odin Borson, challenge me, and made a deal with Those Who Sit Above in Shadow. You sought to break me, but you forgot two things. One, I am Goddess of Metal. And while metal is malleable, it does not break. Secondly, I am All-Mother. You rule solely by my mercy, my benevolence. I could take away your godhood with a word, even a thought. And what Valka giveth, she also taketh away," Valka said in a dark voice. And then, lifting up her gauntlet, she clenched it, and the whole of Hel shook, Valveig and Hel struggling for balance as Valka stood calmly, the center of the storm. "Here are the terms. You will never again threaten Asgard. You will never again ally against Asgard, Earth, or any ally of Asgard. You will never again steal a soul, or trade a soul. Swear thus on your blood, godhood and realm." Valka stated with a voice of steel.

"And what do I get out of this?" Hel asked, almost whining now after swearing.

""The question is not what you will earn, Hel, but what you will get to keep. Attempt to bend these oaths and I will tear you asunder," Valka stated. Then, turning, and saying, "Come, Valveig," she walked back through the mists of death, her cape fluttering behind her, with the stride of a Queen.

Once Valveig had followed her, she touched her daughter's shoulder, and transported out of Hel. And then, she breathed clean air, and felt the sun on her face, and so the mother laughed merrily again, for she, the All-Mother had returned to her hearth and children. The Valkas had rode, and while that ride had ended, Valka Silverhand had descended into Hell, and risen up out of it with her daughter beside her. But the Ragnarok upon Asgard raged on, and from what she could hear, it was not going well. She drew her sword again, and looked at it, knowing that there would be at least one last battle left within her.

"Oh yes, there is one last battle left within you, or should I say, one last Ragnarok?" A voice sounded behind her, her own voice, albeit it a little older. Valveig, surprised, turned and held her sword under the elder Valka's throat. "Who are you?!"

"Good reflexes, daughter, but we we not be needing that," Valka Silverhand said, brushing Battleborne aside. "We are one and the same, she is the older version of myself."

"And I must give you my congratulations, Valka, for I had my doubts." stated the elder Valka, a smile now on her face.

"Valkas do not fail," said the Silverhand, echoing the promise she had made when this had all started.

"Indeed. But there still remains the issue of Valveig's domain, rebirth. And that is where I come into this tale. I could not help you prior to this because of how this must be, but now, it is time. Valveig cannot keep the domain of rebirth, and you, Silverhand, cannot take it. Thus it is left to me. I shall take on the domain of Rebirth. It is my destiny, or fate. Do not mistake this for your fate, Valka, for the future is always changing. I am very, very old, and weary of this life. A change of scenery, I think, will do me good."

Valka gravely nodded and stepped back, not before saying, "Thank you."

"No, Silverhand, my thanks to you." And then, Valka the Elder, Valka the Eternal spoke the words to transfer the domain of Rebirth. A presence seemed to enter her, and then she grew in stature, and her eyes glowed, Valka almost seeming to ascend to a higher form. And then she spoke, her voice changed, "I am no longer merely Valka Silverhand, All-Mother of Asgard," Silverhand frowning at the 'merely'.

"I have become the embodiment of palingenesis, of rebirth. I am...," and here she paused as if picking a name, "Renascence Eternal. Eternity is the embodiment of the universe, Galactus eats worlds to maintain balance. I plant the seeds of rebirth across the universe. In my right hand, I wield the life cycles of the gods, and all things. All things must end, but some things are reborn. Valka." she said, the All-Mother looking up again. "In order to wrest control from Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, you must fight. But not alone, no, not alone. Call upon your allies, your heroes, All-Mother, and tell them to bring their swords for one last Ragnarok. It is time to save Asgard."

Valka nodded, and taking Valveig, teleported. And off they went, to the Kree, the Sh'ar, the Vokoronians, and at long last, Earth. Valka stood at the memorial for the Builder War in the outskirts of New York City, where it had all started. Then, summoning the blade of Manifest, she turned it over, smiling upon it, before pressing the side that read one word: War.

Then, pulling out the Orb of Cognition, she had it broadcast to all of her friends, allies and Avengers. "Heroes of Earth! I have returned, and I, Valka, All-Mother of Asgard, call upon thee, for Asgard has great need." And then, summoning a giant horn, she gathered up her breath, and blew, the sound of it traveling across the entire Earth as Valka called them to battle.

It was time, for the heroes of Earth to assemble.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:41 pm

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - The Beating Heart

Everything has an origin story. If you peer into the veil of the past long enough, everything opens its eyes for the first time, looks into the stars, and wonders at the utterly indescribable feeling of its first breath, the incredible epiphany of life and the awe of its earliest sensation. Joy. Wonder.

Fear- Terror.

These four emotions make up the groundwork for the first instant for every being that has ever existed. Joy, for they are. Wonder, for everything else is. Fear, for everything else is. Terror, for they are.

Everything experiences these four sensations. From Man, to God, to Celestial Being of nigh omnipotence, they feel their share of joy, of wonder, of fear, and of terror. In fact, the vast majority of faith and belief in the Universe stems from these four emotions- Joy is oft crossed with the whimsical nature of the flowing air. Wonder is compared to the vastly incomprehensible tides of the ocean. Fear brings about the need for protection within the Earth, and Terror... Terror is self destructive. Terror will consume a person until there is naught left but an empty, burnt shell of a man, their char a reminder to those who will listen that Fire is no idle thing.

Occasionally, the Four are fused into Two. Joy and Wonder become simply known as Good- A culmination of all that feels pleasant in the primitive mind. Fear and Terror become Evil, all that is unpleasant. To the slightly more enlightened, they are called Balanced and Unbalanced- Still mistaken, but ever so slightly less so, in their analysis of the sentient being's fundamental properties.

The Four Elements of ancient myth, the modern mythos of black and white Good and Evil, the educated thought behind the principles of Balanced and Unbalanced- All profound and, in their own way, a perfect consolidation of the complexities of natural thought, and yet simultaneously more mistaken than any could possibly believe.

In the end, behind all the pomp of philosophy and simplicity masquerading as complexities within science and justice, the Four Emotions (Occasionally shortened to simply two) are the fundamental properties of Life, the Universe, and Everything, if and only if they are addressed in that order. (4-2, if you will, or just 42 to the less semantically-inclined of you.)

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Omniverse, page 1. A most distinctive volume in that its author does not exist in any known Multiverse and its writings on nearly every subject are so spectacularly incorrect that it wraps around to correctness, a phenomenon the occasional Celestial Being and Omnipresent God-Entity of a world who stumbles upon the rather impressively large book has coined 'the Hitchhiker Principle.'

"The Hitchhiker Principle." A man with slight stubble on his chin smirked as he leaned back in his chair. "I like it. It'll go between "Hell" and "Hero" in the Guide." He tossed a small silver orb to the almost disturbingly short man in his office without a door, who simply smirked and disappeared. "The Hitchhiker Principle." The man mused for a moment before chuckling.

Suddenly, another being appeared in his office. This one, interestingly enough, was unknown to him. This in and of itself was astonishing, for the Hitchhiker knew everything and everybody in the Omniverse. This was, after all, his job. He narrowed his eyes behind his slightly too large glasses, glaring at the strange figure in front of him. It had two arms and two legs, a rather regular appearance in Celestial host of the various Multiverses, all things considered. Its arms and legs both appeared, however, ever so slightly too large for its body (which was a disturbing thing to behold, even for the Hitchhiker, who had beheld the pits of Cthulhu and remarked on their pleasant scent of burning flesh and indescribable horror), along with a number of fingers that was altogether too many to be simplistic, yet too few to actually be normal. Its skin was a colour not unlike the colour of a peach at dawn- When it was warm enough to not be cold, but cold enough to not be warm and altogether uncomfortable. It appeared to have fashioned some sort of garments for itself, consisting of what could best be described as the shredded and then reassembled dead portions of an abominable creature who practised the dark arts of vegetarianism.

"Oh!" He suddenly exclaimed, smiling. "I'm so sorry I almost did not recognize what you were, it's simply been so long since I've seen another Human!"

"It's quite all right." The visitor remarked, glancing about. "I must say though, I expected a bit... More, you understand." He motioned awkwardly with his awkwardly sized arms. "It's not every day you meet the Hitchhiker, of course."

The Hitchhiker grinned. "What? Did you expect refreshments and a line of automatic autograph signers? I would have, but unfortunately the Automatic Autograph Signer is patented by the rather stubborn Olympians of Universe Delta-Seven-Nine-Five. You understand, of course, the complexities of Interuniversal patent laws, such a hassle, such a hassle." He nodded sagely, as though he did not notice the glance of utter confusion from his poor human visitor's face. "Regardless- Do you bring a question, Human, or do you bring information you believe me to not know?"

The human paused for a moment, considering. "I do believe I came with both." He remarked. "Though I must profess I have no idea what- Oh, wait, I'm sorry, I recall now." He approached the Hitchhiker's desk. "Well, I recently stumbled upon a rather unique flower on my Earth, and I thought to bring it to your attention." He began fishing in his pockets.

"Oh? I must warn you, dandelions, as strange as they may be, are already known to me." The Hitchhiker seemed genuinely interested.

"Ah, here it is." The human produced a small silver flower, glowing slightly.

The Hitchhiker smiled broadly. "Ah, friend, what you have there is no flower at all! It's a broken piece of an ancient mechanism for war and conquest, or something of the like."

"Is it? Oh dear." The human frowned slightly. "That isn't at all what I wanted to hear. You see, it was rather pretty, so I was going to give it to a girl I like."

"Oh?" The Hitchhiker replied. "What's her name?"

"I don't know. I haven't decided which girl yet."

"Ah, of course. Regardless, I don't think you have to worry. That particular piece of the war mechanism appears to be one which, unless I'm mistaken, controls its user's propensity for flicking his left thumb against his will. See, it was a rather large and complex mechanism, and there were a great many rather odd pieces like this. Whomever you decide to give it to, I believe she will be quite happy with no longer flicking her left thumb against her will, if that were a problem for her." He smiled. "Of course, I could always buy it from you." He suddenly suggested.

"Oh? I'd imagine something that could solve such a common problem is worth quite a bit." The Human replied. "You'd have to be willing to pay quite the hefty sum."

The Hitchhiker considered for a moment. "What if I told you which girl you would have given the flower to if you hadn't given it to me?"

"Oh? Fascinating. That sounds like an excellent deal." The human smiled, handing the Hitchhiker the small flower.

"You would've given to Jessica, your wife. For obvious reasons." The Hitchhiker said after pushing a small button on his cash register.

"Would I have?" The man frowned. "Ah, should've guessed that one. Oh, by the by- What kind of thing was that old war machine?"

It was the Hitchhiker's turn to smile. "Ah, sit down and let me prepare some snacks. It's a rather long story."

"You see, once, long ago, there lived a Man in one of the earliest Universes. He was a rather smart man, living in a rather smart world, using rather smart machines, to do rather dumb things. He was, indeed, a politician. Later on in his life, however, a war broke out between his land and his neighbours in the Galaxy across from his. As it turned out, his own galaxy was rather good at producing politicians, but absolute rubbish at actually following through with its constant threats. It needed a Hero- And the politician stepped up, finally to have his day in the limelight, only to step down as his brother did all the work. After all, that's what brothers do- Do the others' job simply out of spite. The brother actually hated his job, he simply did not want the politician to have the satisfaction of doing it."

"Regardless, the politician was upset. Sure, his galaxy had won, and he had gotten a disturbingly large paycheck out of the situation despite having nothing to do with the victory, but nevertheless, he was upset. It was his glory, and his brother stole it! So he did the natural thing- He used his Galaxy's rather smart machines to do a rather strange thing. He created a sentient machine that would control his brother's actions- A mind control device, if you will. Then, his father discovered it, so the natural thing to do was make it control him too. This continued on at a rather natural progression rate until the entire Galaxy was under one man's will, and the politician finally realized that this may not have been the smartest idea, and turned the machine off."

"He was ripped apart by the angry mobs instants later, and the entire society quickly collapsed for completely unrelated and altogether unimportant reasons related to a robot named Marvin and its propensity for inducing depression. Soon afterwards, another society found the ruins of the Galaxy and stumbled upon the mind control machine, engorged by the parts added to control the whole Galaxy. Naturally, they decided to use it as a weapon of war, but first, it had to be shrunken and slightly modified. Thus, the Cosmic Rectangle was born- A person sized rectangular prism that controlled whomever the user wanted. Then, Marvin arrived."

"About a month later, the ruins of this civilization were found by an expedition of robot hunters going for the ultimate prize. When they discovered the Cosmic Rectangle, they called it stupid, rebranded it the Cosmic Parallelogram, and announced their incredible new invention. It was promptly stolen by the second galaxy mentioned at the beginning of the story (I hope you've been paying attention), who used it to wreak havoc around the Universe. During this, they found that when waging war, simply controlling people isn't fun. What good is control if you can't hear them scream? The natural progression was to add functions to control the world."

"By the time they finished, the Cosmic Parallelogram was the size of a ship and had finally mastered the art of controlling the movements of feathers. They sold it to a slightly more scientific society, who made it smaller once again (the Cosmic Trapezoid) and finished the project. Now, they had a device capable of controlling man and nature! But one scientists wondered if they could take it a step further. What if you could use it to control Gods? What if you could use it to control the fundamental forces of the Universe? What if you could use it to control the Multiverse? (To be fair, this was far more than one step, and took almost 200 rather boring years. These creatures had long lifespans and incredible attention spans.) When it was done, the Cosmic Cube was born. While many would be satisfied with this (and indeed, most alternate versions of him WERE satisfied with this), the scientist wasn't. He had to control the Multiverse (the final aforementioned step)."

"After another three hundred years of backbreaking work (during which he almost died four times had he not used the Cube to fix himself), he had finally perfected the art of staring at a small blue device and trying to will it to function. When this didn't work, he sighed and spent another fifty designing its code. He finally unveiled the result of his work to the mind controlled populace of his Universe a week later- the Cosmic Sphere. Supposedly, it had the power to control absolutely everything- It had variables for its variables, and then lists of variables for those. One such piece, for example, controlled the propensity of its user to flick his left thumb against his will."

"Regardless, the rather smart man promptly used the extremely smart object to do an incredibly dumb thing, and somehow managed to anger the one being in all of existence who was still more powerful than he was while he held his device, causing it to shatter him and his device into innumerable pieces all throughout the Omniverse. And you, my dear human, have one of these pieces."

The human nodded slowly. "I don't understand in the slightest, but I recorded that, so I'll listen to it again until I do. So long, and thanks for all the fish!" He smiled as he set aside his snack plate of fish chunks and disappeared out of the office.

The Hitchhiker chuckled. "The fish indeed." He smiled. "I haven't been out of the office in so long. What about... Universe Delta Seven Eight Thirty, 1952? I heard they have wonderfully soft towels."
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:43 pm

The Starlight wrote:

All conversation stopped as Katie spoke her request to Valka, the All-Mother taking her seriously. Some drunken Asgardians laughed, starting to joke at the superheroine when Valka turned to them and gave them a death-glare. Even their inebriated minds could recognize that it was not wise to anger their All-Mother and so they sat down, grumbling, taking a little more line. "You would have my approval, but Mjolnir, or rather, the Mjolnirs are not mine, in a sense. I built them, but she or he who wields the hammer is the true owner. Thus, you would have to ask Thor or Otis. Luckily, the former is in our presence," Valka said, beckoning to Thor, who had heard the conversation. "Lady Katie is more than welcome to attempt to lift Mjolnir," he said, smiling at her after a brief gaze. "Though I will not give up my ownership of it," he said, Valka nodding in understanding. "I may have a way to solve that" she said, "provided that she is able to do so, and would like to wield a Mjolnir into battle."
Tomia wrote:-snip-

Valka chuckled at Cora's words, before responding. "I understand that, but Katie would never be able to lift it if she were not sincere. The hammer searches the heart of its potential wielders. Thus I am not worried at all."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

"Ah, the thrill of combat. It fills us Asgardians too at times, and that is when we are all at our finest," she said to Eternal Night. "I am glad to see that you are enjoying our vittles, and I welcome you to eat with us whenever you please."

She turned and beheld Otis, and felt the changed aura around him, her eyes widening. "You. Killed. Darkseid?!" Valka said in almost a shout, all conversation stopping, as all the Asgardians looked upon the Inhuman with awe and respect. And then she laughed, merrily, all of Asgard echoing with the All-Mother's booming laughter. "That is a mighty feat, my friend. Mighty indeed. I could only force a retreat, albeit in dramatic fashion, from the former Lord of Apokoplis. But that is a story for another time. But on to more serious matters," said Valka, catching the thrown Mjolnir, and then tossing it to Thor. "I hate to interrupt thy feasting, my friend, but would you adminster Katie's attempt of lifting Mjolnir. It seems I must train a New God." And in odd fashion, she gathered two large plates of food, along with some drink, before speaking to Otis again. "Come."

She led him to the training yards once again, Valka setting the plates and cups on the table. "First, my friend, eat, and I will speak while you do so. And then after which, I will train you in the art of godhood."

Katie was seemingly completely unaffected by the laughter of the others, though it did remind her of unpleasant memories in her past. Being short tended to attract jokes and snide comments like moths to a fire. She never outwardly showed it, but it annoyed her. Still, she was mostly focused on the hammer at the moment. Apreciating the work put into it. "That is one sweet hammer..." She commented. To the point where Oti's' entrance wasn't registered to her. She inhaled and the put a hand on the legendary weapon, calming herself and then tightening her grip. She then heaved, lifting the weapon upwards and above her head. She was surprised by the weightlessness of it, and that she could even lift it in the first place. 'Wow...." She paused, looking at the weapon. Feeling the sense of power it seems to give her, filling her up with it. it was pretty sweet. But then she exhaled, and handed it back to Thor. "Here. As much as I might want to keep it, it's yours."

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:And thus began the Age of Man...

Aaron flew through the city, lifting wreckage, stabilizing near-fallen buildings, and generally doing the job of every Leaguer who wasn't Superman: fixing the mess. The Big Blue Boy Scout was with a Doctor, he'd heard.

And Darkseid was dead. That happened too.

But the fight, and the Parademons, had left large sections of the city in shambles, leaving SHIELD, Cadmus, and the League to scramble about and clean it up.

As he heaved a massive slab of concrete back into place, sealing it with his heat vision and powers, Aaron's comm beeped, and Superman's voice crackled through. "Aaron. Report to City Hall, if you would."

Bewildered, Aaron finished with the concrete and flew off, heading for City Hall. When he got there, he found Superman and Doctor Fate, hovering over the building. "What's this about?" he asked, stopping in front of them.

Fate and Superman exchanged looks, and then Fate spoke. "Aaron, you know what the law of conservation of energy is, right?"

"Yeah…energy and matter can't be created or destroyed, only changed."

"Exactly," Fate continued. "And when Darkseid was killed, his power, his energy, had to go somewhere. We've received reports worldwide of people suddenly manifesting godlike power, and…well…"

Superman broke in. "Aaron, we believe that some of Darkseid's power has attached itself to you. Have you been feeling any different lately, any unusual emotions?"

Aaron stared down at his feet, thinking. "Well…I've been a bit pissed about the cleanup, I guess…mad you weren't helping…but that doesn't mean that-power-attaching-thingy, does it?"

But as he spoke, as he acknowledged his anger, it grew, until he was burning with rage, and Aaron felt a strange buzzing in his hands. He looked at them, and was terrified. His hands, normally covered in grey gloves, were bare and glowing red. He looked up. "Doc-"

But before Aaron could finish his sentence, Aaron gestured at him, and suddenly he was gone. If he could hear them, Aaron would hear Superman asking where the Doctor had sent the young man, and Fate replying that Aaron was bound for the one place where someone had a hope of dealing with him, and she was in…

Asgard. Aaron didn't know, intellectually speaking, when the room materialised around him, but on an instinctive level, he knew he was in Asgard. He saw a projection of the battle he'd just been in, he saw the brat who'd killed Darkseid, he heard laughter and cheering…

But all he felt was Rage. Aaron turned, to face the kid, as well as some blonde bitch. He would enjoy what was about to happen, but in the meantime, he could at least be polite. So, he spoke, his voice both booming and hissing through the hall.

"Hello. I'm Aaron. But you…you can call me Ironheart."
My pronouns are they/them

Join Home of the Brave!
Big Jim P wrote:I like the way you think.

Constaniana wrote:Ah, so you were dropped on your head. This explains a lot.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Snarky bastard.

The Grey Wolf wrote:You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh because thIs is the best satire I've ever seen or be very very afraid because someone actually thinks all this so.... have a cookie?

John Holland wrote: John Holland
your mom

Baxten
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baxten » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:54 am

Deleted
Last edited by Baxten on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The symbolism of theUnited States of Columbia's flag can be found by clicking here

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right:
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.36

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:37 am

A moment of silence filled the air at the scene of battle between two opposing forces, one named Continuum, the other named Extinction. Even the sound of the thunder seemed to wane in the presence of the tension that came to be in the moments after the villain introduced himself. It was, in every sense of the word, a calm before the storm. But, while Everett stared at Extinction with fear and terror, Extinction stared back with a hunger for power. A power that only the Everett could offer him. A power that the young hero had not yet come to fully understand.

As Extinction jumped to the ground below, the flames caused by Everett's lighter began to recede, fading out of existence, and the the rain drops that came near the villain seemed to simply disappear. Extinction lifted his hand as he walked towards Everett, "Come now, young hero. It is your destiny to become part of my being, and afford me the unlimited strength of the Power Infinite." he said, attempting to convince Everett to surrender, "From the moment you came into existence, this fate was set in stone. Simply accept it, and everything will be much less painful."

Everett didn't listen to the man, nor did he even know what he was talking about. He simply knew one thing. He had to get out of this situation, quickly. The familiar blue hue of his Time Lag began to overlay reality, slowing time down to a standstill. He prepared to run for it, when he looked over to Extinction, the frozen sparks and embers of the burning street floating in front of him, unmoving in the Time Lag. Everett was engulfed in a moment of terror, as the masked man uttered but two words in the confines of the Time Lag. "How cute."

The blue hue which Everett found such comfort in, began to deteriorate, causing time to once more begin crawling forward as the masked man continued his approach. Everett was at a loss for words, unable to even process what had happened. He knew that the guy was powerful, but, to simply dissolve his Time Lag like it was nothing... he was on an entirely different level. He couldn't fight that. All he could hope for was a miracle.

Extinction slowly lifted his hand in the direction of Everett, his palm up, extending his index finger. He directed his finger upwards, dragging the hero slightly into he air by his neck. "There is something I wish to ask you." he said, walking up within feet of Everett, staring him in the eyes, "Do you even understand the power that flows through you? I suspect either you are severely holding back, or you are simply ignorant to the grand scheme of things, and not just who you are, but what you are."

Everett didn't want to answer, afraid that neither him nor Extinction would be satisfied with what he said. In truth, he didn't understand his power in the slightest. There was only one certainty now. Despite his own belief in his abilities, he had lost this fight, and would lose his likely lose his life. Extinction approached Everett, who floated mere inches off the ground, caught in the villain's grasp. "So, you know not what you are? If that is the case, allow me to inform you of exactly what you are. Maybe then you'll understand why you were destined to be defeated." Extinction said, his glowing eyes locking with Everett's own. "Through you, flows the abilities of the Power Eternal, an immense energy that affords you the abilities you have come to know and utilize. But, your power is not merely limited to time. No, this force that flows through you is something on a much larger scale. You see, you are everything. Everything that has ever existed, and everything that ever will presides in your being. This is true of you, while I..."

"I am the end of everything."

Extinction suddenly pulled back his fist and threw a punch at Everett's gut, sending the hero billowing into a brick wall, causing the mortar to crack under the force. Everett slowly got on his hand and knees, trying to pull himself up. Something urged him to keep fighting, despite knowing that he couldn't win. As the rains suddenly began to grow into a downpour, the hero felt something surge through him, a new feeling that he'd never felt before. Extinction's attention seemed shifted as well, as he suddenly stared into the sky. The Ruler of Apokolips was no more. Darkseid had died.

That is when Extinction felt a strike hit him in the chest, one that actually pained him. He didn't even have time to look down as he was flung into the door of a garage on the other side of the street, putting a massive dent in the steel. He looked up just in time to see Everett, throwing yet another punch straight at his face. Extinction raised his hands quick enough to block the strike, holding Everett's fist with two hands as the force behind the blow pushed him further into the steel garage door. As he began to feel actual pressure, he looked up at Everett. "What's this new power, Everett?" he asked, his voice strained from the effort he was exerting. Everett was not utilizing the Power Eternal, instead, he was using something else.

Everett suddenly raised his free fist, his gaze piercing Extinction's own. "You don't refer to me by that name. To you, my name is Continuum." he said, throwing a brutal sucker punch at Extinction's gut, causing him to not only barrel through the garage door, but through the wall behind it as well, and into several buildings' floor levels, cutting a swath through several city blocs. After flying through five buildings, Extinction slammed his hands into the ground bringing himself to a stop, causing his torn up cape and hood to fly off of his body revealing his machine like armor even further. Black, smoke like energy began to emanate around Extinction as Everett appearing in front of him. Extinction cracked his knuckles, his eyes locking in on Everett.

"You may be a god now." he said, his cosmic awareness granting him the information on Everett's new power. "But, even a god must bow down to a concept."
Last edited by New Rob Halfordia on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:34 pm

Mars
Mars was surprised when Rin told him that there was some blood vessels broken in his neck. "How do you know that?" Mars asked in genuine surprise, but intrigue as well. He didn't want her to think he was upset or anything, so he decided to add, "It's cool though, and thanks for the advice. I think that's a really interesting ability." He had a scientific mind and so he was interested in learning more about Rin's powers. "So, what are your powers Rin?" He asked as they made their way back to the plane. It was black and inconspicuous, Mars hadn't gotten a chance to upgrade it yet. It was smaller than the X-jet, but looked similar even though it was much similar. As they started to board the ship Mars turned to Rin, "We'll be going to Jump City, that's where our tower is. Our other two members are on a mission themselves now, but they should be there when we get back." He said to her as the four of them stepped inside the ship. Mars sat down on the small medical table that was in the plane and sighed. He thought about taking off of his armor because of his bruises, but he was self conscious since he was around two girls his age who also happened to be his teammates.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:18 pm

"You are to be commended, my friend, as I said before, twas a mighty feat. I shall regale my warriors in the years to come with your battle. You fought well, and smartly, using Mjolnir as a conduit to store Darkseid's power which you used successfully to defeat Darkseid, even though you may not have intended to. The League did their part as well. But alas, we must turn to more serious matters. With such a mighty feat, you have created a power vacuum. Once a domain has been spoken into existence for a god, it must always be wielded by someone, even if the god dies. That is why you have become a god my friend. But also, as Darkseid was mighty in terms of power, his godly energy has been dispersed, creating more gods, and I cannot distinguish if that is for good or ill. But, you have come to me to learn how to control your powers, have you not?" Valka asked, standing up when Otis had finished eating, waving a hand to create a wall of uru around the training center to absorb any Beams gone astray. "And more specifically, those Omega Beams. You must learn to select a target, and fire them without losing control. But I shall see how much training you will need first. Fire at that training dummy," she said, manipulating the metal within it to make it a moving target.

Thor widely grinned, thumping Katie on the back quite heavily, as he did usually. "You are mistaken, sister Katie, for now, I call you sister, as all the wielders of Mjolnir are my brothers and sisters." Revealing his own hammer and handing back the hammer Katie had lifted, he said, "The hammer which you lifted is an exact replica of Mjolnir, with all of its powers, created by Valka when the first one shattered at the End of All Things. You wielded it, and it is yours now, though I suspect that Valka would like to make some modifications for your hammer," Thor said.
Lavan Tiri wrote:Asgard. Aaron didn't know, intellectually speaking, when the room materialised around him, but on an instinctive level, he knew he was in Asgard. He saw a projection of the battle he'd just been in, he saw the brat who'd killed Darkseid, he heard laughter and cheering…

But all he felt was Rage. Aaron turned, to face the kid, as well as some blonde bitch. He would enjoy what was about to happen, but in the meantime, he could at least be polite. So, he spoke, his voice both booming and hissing through the hall.

"Hello. I'm Aaron. But you…you can call me Ironheart."

Valka turned to him. "And why are you here, Ironheart. What brings you to my realm? Have you received a portion of Darkseid's power? Are you here, as he is," Valka said, motioning to Otis, "to be trained in the art of godhood?" she asked.
Call me Star

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse