NATION

PASSWORD

The Tolkien RP Group [P2TM RP Group]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Tolkien RP would you like next? (UPDATED as of 2017)

First Age RP
16%
Second Age RP
11%
Third Age RP
30%
Fourth Age RP
21%
Alt-Hist RP
18%
More focused RP
4%
Other (Please post what)
2%

Total votes : 57

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:56 pm

NS Name: The Templar High Council.
Epithet/Title: The Temp, Hero of Ferelden, Champion of Kirkwall, Herald of Andraste, Grand Inquisitor, and Hero of the Dragon Age.
What can you contribute?: My general RP knowledge. And criticism. And nicknames.
What do you love most about Arda?: *
Favorite Character(s): *
Favorite Place(s): *
Favorite Faction(s): *
#TRG- Do not remove, for identifying/finding apps.

* I know very little about LoTR. But watching many movies has made me want to read the books. Of which I am trying to fund. So I came here to learn stuff. And try to BS wander my way through some roleplay.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:58 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Epithet/Title: The Temp, Hero of Ferelden, Champion of Kirkwall, Herald of Andraste, Grand Inquisitor, and Hero of the Dragon Age.
What can you contribute?: My general RP knowledge. And criticism. And nicknames.

* I know very little about LoTR. But watching many movies has made me want to read the books. Of which I am trying to fund. So I came here to learn stuff. And try to BS wander my way through some roleplay.

I will help you with Silmarillion knowledge, if needed.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Welcome, Temp. As for reading, I can easily find you some free online versions of all the books.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:01 pm

The Starlight wrote:

Welcome, Temp. As for reading, I can easily find you some free online versions of all the books.

HOORAY FOR MINOR POVERTY!
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:02 pm

My new plan: be an explorer from Thedas in every RP from this place. :D

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:03 pm

The Starlight wrote:

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" Love the new flag, Starlight!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Osnil wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Welcome, Temp. As for reading, I can easily find you some free online versions of all the books.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" Love the new flag, Starlight!

Lavan gave it up, so I took up the flag. See what I did there? ;)
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Osnil wrote:"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" Love the new flag, Starlight!

Lavan gave it up, so I took up the flag. See what I did there? ;)

Loooooooooooooooooooove the flag darling. :3
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

The Starlight wrote:Welcome, Temp. As for reading, I can easily find you some free online versions of all the books.

HOORAY FOR MINOR POVERTY!

Temp's Reading Plan

1. Read the Hobbit - Free link, no downloads, no money, no nothing Hobbit is a easy book, you'll breeze through it as long as you're not in first grade.
2. Read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy All three books in one, again, for free no downloads. Don't get discouraged by what seems to be drudgery. It may start off slow, but it's well worth it. I recommend that you actually go to your public library and grab the three books, the map is very usual, along with the appendices in the third book, which you should not go to until you finish all three books, but definitely read it when you're done.
3. Read the Silmarillion. Again, for free, no download, but I recommend you check out the book from a library b/c the maps are useful Now this is the rough one. Even some of the most "avid LOTR fans" complain that Silmarillion is pure drudgery. It's not, it is epicness of the highest degree. Remember, this is the epic of epic fantasy. It took me three tries to read through the Silmarillion, but once I read it and actually understood it, I loved it just as much as LOTR.
4.Read Unfinished Tales Free once again, no download. The Unfinished Tales just wraps up the Tolkienuniverse, giving you more details about, well, you'll find out.
5. Repeat 2-3 times.

Done? Congratulations, if you loved it and start thinking and quoting it all day like I do, you're a Tolkienist! Hooray! If not, repeat a few more times, it'll come to you.

VERY IMPORTANT: Ask questions here! We are more than able to answer all and any questions that you have without spoilers, so don't go to google, go to us! If you're confused, frustrated, bewildered, excited, or in awe, post here, and one of our many capable Tolkienist, if not myself, can and will respond.
Call me Star

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Lavan gave it up, so I took up the flag. See what I did there? ;)

Why thank you. So, we've got PB fans here too. Excellent. Any Redwall fans?
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 pm

The Starlight wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:HOORAY FOR MINOR POVERTY!

Temp's Reading Plan

1. Read the Hobbit - Free link, no downloads, no money, no nothing Hobbit is a easy book, you'll breeze through it as long as you're not in first grade.
2. Read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy All three books in one, again, for free no downloads. Don't get discouraged by what seems to be drudgery. It may start off slow, but it's well worth it. I recommend that you actually go to your public library and grab the three books, the map is very usual, along with the appendices in the third book, which you should not go to until you finish all three books, but definitely read it when you're done.
3. Read the Silmarillion. Again, for free, no download, but I recommend you check out the book from a library b/c the maps are useful Now this is the rough one. Even some of the most "avid LOTR fans" complain that Silmarillion is pure drudgery. It's not, it is epicness of the highest degree. Remember, this is the epic of epic fantasy. It took me three tries to read through the Silmarillion, but once I read it and actually understood it, I loved it just as much as LOTR.
4.Read Unfinished Tales Free once again, no download. The Unfinished Tales just wraps up the Tolkienuniverse, giving you more details about, well, you'll find out.
5. Repeat 2-3 times.

Done? Congratulations, if you loved it and start thinking and quoting it all day like I do, you're a Tolkienist! Hooray! If not, repeat a few more times, it'll come to you.

VERY IMPORTANT: Ask questions here! We are more than able to answer all and any questions that you have without spoilers, so don't go to google, go to us! If you're confused, frustrated, bewildered, excited, or in awe, post here, and one of our many capable Tolkienist, if not myself, can and will respond.

I've done all that but I still like Star Wars better. ;c;

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Starlight wrote:
Temp's Reading Plan

5. Repeat 2-3 times.

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:25 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Bearon wrote:

Why thank you. So, we've got PB fans here too. Excellent. Any Redwall fans?

Yes. Therefore thou shalt henceforth address me as Ungatt Trunn, He who Makes the Earth Shake and the Stars Fall from the Sky.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Bearon wrote:

Looks like those shitty Lightsaber's from "The Force Awakens". :E

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:27 pm

Bearon wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Image

Eh. At least it isn't a stick with marker on it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Bearon wrote:

Eh. At least it isn't a stick with marker on it.

I love those!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:29 pm

The Starlight wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:HOORAY FOR MINOR POVERTY!

Temp's Reading Plan

5. Repeat 2-3 times.

I'll always prefer interactive media to books/movies/TV/etc. And though I always prefer the physical copy of a book, I've no money to spend.

And the public library system... doesn't like me much. My mom checked out some movies with my card when I was in 4th grade.

I'm a senior now.

There's probably a bounty on my 10-year-old head.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Starlight wrote:
Temp's Reading Plan

5. Repeat 2-3 times.

And I thought we were friends, Bearon....
>:(
Call me Star

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Bearon wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Eh. At least it isn't a stick with marker on it.

I love those!

I'm tempted to smack you, and then give you a hug.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:30 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Temp's Reading Plan

5. Repeat 2-3 times.

I'll always prefer interactive media to books/movies/TV/etc. And though I always prefer the physical copy of a book, I've no money to spend.

And the public library system... doesn't like me much. My mom checked out some movies with my card when I was in 4th grade.

I'm a senior now.

There's probably a bounty on my 10-year-old head.

Ouch.
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:30 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Bearon wrote:

And I thought we were friends, Bearon....

I'm sorry but even though LotR is more detailed SW is more expansive. :K

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Bearon wrote:

:palm:
Call me Star

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:32 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Image

:palm:

:p
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Starlight wrote:And I thought we were friends, Bearon....

I'm sorry but even though LotR is more detailed SW was more expansive. :K

Was. Until Disney got a hold, and declared the Extended Universe non-canon.

An act I will continue to disagree with until they create more fiction to fill the enormous gap.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Bearon wrote:
I'm sorry but even though LotR is more detailed SW was more expansive. :K

Was. Until Disney got a hold, and declared the Extended Universe non-canon.

An act I will continue to disagree with until they create more fiction to fill the enormous gap.

I don't count that as actually happening. Disney can suck my dick.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse