NATION

PASSWORD

Children Of Infinity (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm

“Not as beautiful as you, cyria mou,” he replied in a warm whisper, his mother tongue flowing off his tongue. Speaking Hellenicá felt mor genuine. My Lady. Perhaps a little too truthful, but. He couldn’t hardly hold back. Honest words should not be hidden. Not from her. Truth was like the light of day, warm and bright. But one had to be careful of burns, nearing too close the fire. And then he glimpsed the work of her hand, her mind and heart, soul poured out on paper...

Oh. No. She didn’t. Breath caught in his chest, the world seemed to slow to a stop, eyes open wide. Was that him, there, on the rocks? A bare seeming, almost as if deliberate. But. There he was, certainly. But, why? Why would she draw him? Regardless of his own feelings, he may well be a stranger for all the time she’d known him yet. He hadn’t even shared his full name with her! Such barefaced deception didn’t deserve such – such. He sighed. No matter how his children hurt and harmed one another or the stars themselves, Aradain loved them. For all they were, all their faults and flaws.

“Ellyn…” he trailed off, unsure what he could possibly say, to thank her for this gift. This gift of being known, being acknowledged in a strange new world. So he took up her hands softly, and kissed them; so warm, as a feeling like magic flowed up his fingers through his arms, straight to his heart. His lips moved on their own accord. “Chília ephcharistó se séna móno, agápi mou.” To this angel in front of him. It was all he could say as he met her gaze, her hair of starlight swaying around her face as she turned to him with her honey-gold eyes and lips of ruby red. And he lost himself in her. A thousand thanks to you alone, my love. He didn’t want to let go.

A bold voice broke his reverie like a blade, singing high praise. But in a strange way. He glanced up to answer the newcomer.

He was an interesting looking fellow. Tall and lanky, with a deep green cloak fastened around his shoulders, black staff in hand. Certainly a mage. But, his character. Like those awfully lovable twins, Castor and Pollux. Bold, upfront, and affably friendly, and more than a little obnoxious, but like a dear friend who never bothered to introduce himself. His person, his words felt forced. False? Strong instincts were one of his greatest personal abilities. And he trusted them in this; a strange sense of something else being the truth behind this façade. Curious. He observed as he spoke.

“And a warm welcome to you, friend.” He stood and bowed courteously. Headmistress Ion would be so proud! He grinned at that. Etiquette lessons had been a new thing not long ago. But he learned quickly, as always. That didn’t stop him from being honest though. Social courtesies got in the way of that at times. “But your praise is too much for me! If the opportunity presents itself though, then I will certainly join the symphonic orchestra at the Academy. I’m a fair hand with the harp, piano, cello, and violin as well. Hopefully they have need of another of one!”

Ah. Mental Projection. Just like Castor and Pollux. But then? He must be an expert mental interference and influence mage, to do that. Castor and Pollux only could ever manage such a show when together, weaving and wielding their powers as one to cover the other and strengthen their magics. That spoke a great deal of this boy. But when the mask was lifted, they were intensely introverted, reserved and prone to bottling themselves up in their minds, and deliberately unnerving anyone who tried to bring them back out to the real world; but the twins had only started like that. Before finding family, love in him and the others. That despite all the cold darkness in the world, their was always light. Always warmth. Just harder to find. Perhaps this boy was like them too in that regard.
Hopefully without the massive pranking streak. The twins always had that funny habit of reading everyone’s minds and nudging things around in ways not always appreciated at the time til days later when everyone would laugh at the mishaps they manipulated people into pulling. Hopefully. He had learned very quickly to monitor himself in their presence after that incident. Really, Cytheria had not reacted well to him falling down on her in the stairwell. Especially when his hands land there. Of all places.

It didn’t help that the reason he tripped in the first place was because the twins had sent an image of her nude to him just as he stepped in front of her. Damnably lovable twins. He missed them.

But if not him, who?

Oh.

No. He wouldn’t dare. Not her. Not Ellyn. The signs were quite clear, by the look of confusion and agitation plainly on her face. He shot the boy an upraised eyebrow and half-smile, but a bit tight. If he had even an ounce of the twins’ skills, he could certainly read at least surface thoughts.

So he made them as obvious as possible. And focused. I hope that wasn’t in malicious intent. Hopefully the boy would stop tormenting her, even if in good fun. But his smile grew. He had hope for him, the newcomer. If anything, the twins loved being caught at their own game. It was half the reason they played. Or so they said. But they were still family. Perhaps he would be too, in time. After all, were not all children of Aradain, the Redemit, one family? He didn't want to come into conflict with anyone.

“You might wish to explain yourself, adelphós,” he spoke then, friendly, lighthearted, “As none can read minds like you here.” Grinning, he met the young man’s gaze. Why don’t you come out, my friend? Hiding one's self only ended in a cycle of pain and grief and life filled with sadness. He would know. Stall tall, be strong, know right from wrong. But above all.

Be yourself.
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Estva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Charmera wrote:She however found herself bumping into Koren slightly before she stabalized herself, evidently not noticing his path. "Oh! Sorry!" She replied, recovering her balance before she fell. She looked to the person she had bumped into, her poor awareness meaning she had not noticed him. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" she asked nervously, mentally cursing her clumsiness. She always did things like this, her clumsiness tended to cause her much grief.

Koren's trick had worked. He could sense that Ellyn was irritated at Aris, and he found this amusing. He dared not try to do anymore than that, because that would be dangerous to both himself, as he could be caught, and Ellyn, whom he wished no real harm.

After he had finished his compliment to Aris, Jynna, one of the sisters, had bumped into him. It did far more harm to him, seeing a show built powerful Jynna was, but he quickly composed himself. She appeared incredibly clumsy, as she admitted to him quite quickly. Mentally, he could also tell she was, more than anyone on this ship, susceptible to Koren's tricks.

However, as the rick continued making Ellyn irritated, Aris seemd more and more aware of what was happening. Koren was quick to do what he wanted next, and silently put a small admiration towards Koren in Jynna's mind.

"I am fine, my lady. I apologize for what occurred, but if I may ask your name, I would be more than pleased to make your acquaintance."

Koren really put the honey in those words.
Sil Arion wrote:snip

Interrupting him however, was Aris responding to Koren's compliment. This was quickly followed by an accusation; one that was spot on.

Koren panicked a little, but instantaneously composed himself.

"My friend, well I do delve into the secrets of the mind, never do I read the minds of those around me. Such would be a break of privacy, something I cannot do in any good conscience. I must say, however, you seem quite astute to ell that about me from such a position."

Aris and Koren looked at each other, straight into each others eyes. Koren could tell Aris knew what kind of man he was, just by looking, but as Aris was the only person on the ship that could do so, he did not feel too threatened. So, instead of obey Aris' unspoken request, Koren gave a small smirk, and instead changed his own demeanor to appear innocent and hurt to the rest of the crowd.

"I seek no conflict. I wished only to compliment you on your music."
Join the Libdems.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Estva wrote:
Charmera wrote:She however found herself bumping into Koren slightly before she stabalized herself, evidently not noticing his path. "Oh! Sorry!" She replied, recovering her balance before she fell. She looked to the person she had bumped into, her poor awareness meaning she had not noticed him. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" she asked nervously, mentally cursing her clumsiness. She always did things like this, her clumsiness tended to cause her much grief.

Koren's trick had worked. He could sense that Ellyn was irritated at Aris, and he found this amusing. He dared not try to do anymore than that, because that would be dangerous to both himself, as he could be caught, and Ellyn, whom he wished no real harm.

After he had finished his compliment to Aris, Jynna, one of the sisters, had bumped into him. It did far more harm to him, seeing a show built powerful Jynna was, but he quickly composed himself. She appeared incredibly clumsy, as she admitted to him quite quickly. Mentally, he could also tell she was, more than anyone on this ship, susceptible to Koren's tricks.

However, as the rick continued making Ellyn irritated, Aris seemd more and more aware of what was happening. Koren was quick to do what he wanted next, and silently put a small admiration towards Koren in Jynna's mind.

"I am fine, my lady. I apologize for what occurred, but if I may ask your name, I would be more than pleased to make your acquaintance."

Interrupting him however, was Aris responding to Koren's compliment. This was quickly followed by an accusation; one that was spot on.

"My friend, well I do delve into the secrets of the mind, never do I read the minds of those around me. Such would be a break of privacy, something I cannot do in any good conscience. I must say, however, you seem quite astute to ell that about me from such a position."

Aris and Koren looked at each other, straight into each others eyes. Koren could tell Aris knew what kind of man he was, just by looking, but as Aris was the only person on the ship that could do so, he did not feel too threatened. So, instead of obey Aris' unspoken request, Koren gave a small smirk, and instead changed his own demeanor to appear innocent and hurt to the rest of the crowd.

"Jynna, My name is Jynna…" She replied, her face of concern morphing into a warm smile, strangely warmer than usual. He seemed like a gentleman from what Jynna could tell, and there was this subtle feeling making her think better of him, though it wasn't exactly necessary. She was usually pretty agreeable anyway and tended to think the best of people, even strangers, so it was almost like preaching to the choir. Though it did make her a little more open to talking.

"Oh no it's okay. That was entirely my fault." She giggled slightly. "There's really no need for you to apologise for my mistake. I really should be more aware of my surroundings." She said. "Oh… By the way what's your name?"

Then she heard something about mind magic and was somewhat confused. "Mind… Reading… What…?"
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:"I see..." Mehran spoke, lowering his blades as he considered her words, "I suppose I feel the same way, though I don't really have much preference either way. I can lend you a few pieces in my devices if you like. It's not much; they're quite ancient. But a few date back to the times of old Gaea itself. I hope it's up to your taste."

A quick glance at Jynna looking at the crowd forming around the bard, Mehran did not quite agree. Sure, she seemed to have a fairly bulky build, but nothing wrong with crude fitness if it perfected one's strength in combat. Turning back to Vyna with a bow, he answered, "you flatter me, Miss Ayendor. I appreciate it. Of course, I believe everyone has his or her own style of combat. I don't feel there should be an objectively 'correct' style, just one that you have to find which suits you. Just because your sister relies more on brute force doesn't make her a lesser fighter, neither would using a light blade make you beneath anyone. Ultimately, it's how you use the tools at your disposal- oh dear, I'm lecturing again, am I," he blurted, cutting himself short woth a chuckle before he starts rambling again.

"I would be glad to listen to them... Age isn't exactly an issue with me." She replied, resisting the urge to show just how interested she was in favour of keeping her aloof air. She was especially fascinated by older music, the works of a few key composers especially though she wasn't quite able to obtain such things all the time, which was unfortunate. "In fact the older the better. There's less chance that I might have heard it before." She might ask if he happened to have any of those composers in his collection depending on how he responded.

Vyna smirked wider at said lecturing, and that he pointed it out. "Yes, a bit." She replied, chuckling slightly with him. "It's fine though. I don't mind it so much." Vyna did her own fair share of lecturing, though unlike Mehran's they tended to be a little more condescending. "I never meant to insinuate that my younger sister is a lesser fighter. In fact if you've ever seen her in battle, you'd be surprised how much ferocity she can bring to bear." She commented. "And like you said, It would be pointless for her to try and wield a shorter lighter blade as much as it would be pointless for you or I to try fighting with her favoured weapon, of course assuming you have little experience with axes. She plays to her strengths very well." Vyna chuckled slightly again. "Now I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I'm very proud of her, of all my siblings..."

"I'm sure you do," he answered in a welcome smile, "I'll be sure to pick out some selections for you."

From the onset, Vynaria came across as a woman of with an aptitude for great grace, likely an aristocrat. The Xorshids were not a feudal society, but being in the minority of a feudal world made them familiar with the twisted machinations of court life. He did not see any ill rom Vyna as of yet, a good point in any case, but her social attitudes made her almost incapable of understanding those outside her social class, a potential source for friction. Mehran, however, felt it was too early to speak of it. He did not want to anger her abruptly. If anything, other events soon got his attention.

Sil Arion wrote:“You might wish to explain yourself, adelphós,” he spoke then, friendly, lighthearted, “As none can read minds like you here.” Grinning, he met the young man’s gaze. Why don’t you come out, my friend? Hiding one's self only ended in a cycle of pain and grief and life filled with sadness. He would know. Stall tall, be strong, know right from wrong. But above all.

Be yourself.

Estva wrote:

Glancing over at Aris and Koren, Mehran whispered in Vyna to act. He did not like the looks of the scuffle growing, and in particular, he did not like how Koren spoke with Jynna. Whispering to Vyna, he advised, "you should tend to your sister. I fear a fight might be brewing."

However, his heart felt rather torn at intervening. Sure, his curiosity nagged at him to investigate, but if Aris' accusations were true, he would not be able to force a confession out of Koren without being run around in circles. More importantly, he felt the boy's outburst was excessively brash, and made him look like an idiot by comparison to Koren. If it were him, he would try to use his mind to argue, not his heart. But could he just stand by while some punk played mind tricks to his fancy? Even Mehran was unsure. The best option would be to get Vyna into the scene, while he himself thought over his choices.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:59 pm

It may not have been his place to judge, but, he felt... let down. That his hopes, while small, fell with the boy’s words and change. But he could only accept, no matter how manipulative or malicious one might be. Only give time to come to understanding. But that momentary lapse in his façade showed him enough. Enough to know he was there. Just hiding inside his armored shell, not yet ready to emerge and grow into the outer world, even if all he showed the rest of the crowd was an innocent and hurt false face. He would wait then. Wistfully, he continued.

“If you wish for something that be within my power to give, I will not deny you. Be at peace, filos.” Brother. If the mage wanted to save face in front the crowd, he would help; his own comment made the boy uncomfortable, backed him into a corner. So he'd be honest again. Trust him. “You just reminded me of old family. With power and personality very like yours. But, thank you again, for your praise. I will remember it.” A little warning, but friendly still. He listened to his heart. No matter the mind game the boy begot, or the confusion he wrought, or the trouble he sought in doing so. He would not give up, but not either tread on other’s hearts if he could help it. Trust was key in connecting with others, trust to care and be cared for in turn. Life taught him that much, at least. Well. Perhaps a little more than that.

‘You are wise beyond your years, little one.’ Old mother Gaea’s words had always warmed his heart, and living up to them proved well in his life, as she ruffled his long hair and sang ballads in the flickering light of the orphanage, so far below where daylight reaches. But still filled with warmth. The warmth of a family. Of love.

Another time then. Hope was not yet lost to help this lonely brother.

But it seemed others attentions had turned to them as well as the tension bled away. But that gaze Mehran held at him felt rather unfriendly. Even contemptuous. Had he wronged him somehow? Without having even shared words? How then could that be?

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:"I would be glad to listen to them... Age isn't exactly an issue with me." She replied, resisting the urge to show just how interested she was in favour of keeping her aloof air. She was especially fascinated by older music, the works of a few key composers especially though she wasn't quite able to obtain such things all the time, which was unfortunate. "In fact the older the better. There's less chance that I might have heard it before." She might ask if he happened to have any of those composers in his collection depending on how he responded.

Vyna smirked wider at said lecturing, and that he pointed it out. "Yes, a bit." She replied, chuckling slightly with him. "It's fine though. I don't mind it so much." Vyna did her own fair share of lecturing, though unlike Mehran's they tended to be a little more condescending. "I never meant to insinuate that my younger sister is a lesser fighter. In fact if you've ever seen her in battle, you'd be surprised how much ferocity she can bring to bear." She commented. "And like you said, It would be pointless for her to try and wield a shorter lighter blade as much as it would be pointless for you or I to try fighting with her favoured weapon, of course assuming you have little experience with axes. She plays to her strengths very well." Vyna chuckled slightly again. "Now I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I'm very proud of her, of all my siblings..."

"I'm sure you do," he answered in a welcome smile, "I'll be sure to pick out some selections for you."

From the onset, Vynaria came across as a woman of with an aptitude for great grace, likely an aristocrat. The Xorshids were not a feudal society, but being in the minority of a feudal world made them familiar with the twisted machinations of court life. He did not see any ill rom Vyna as of yet, a good point in any case, but her social attitudes made her almost incapable of understanding those outside her social class, a potential source for friction. Mehran, however, felt it was too early to speak of it. He did not want to anger her abruptly. If anything, other events soon got his attention.

Sil Arion wrote:“You might wish to explain yourself, adelphós,” he spoke then, friendly, lighthearted, “As none can read minds like you here.” Grinning, he met the young man’s gaze. Why don’t you come out, my friend? Hiding one's self only ended in a cycle of pain and grief and life filled with sadness. He would know. Stall tall, be strong, know right from wrong. But above all.

Be yourself.

Estva wrote:

Glancing over at Aris and Koren, Mehran whispered in Vyna to act. He did not like the looks of the scuffle growing, and in particular, he did not like how Koren spoke with Jynna. Whispering to Vyna, he advised, "you should tend to your sister. I fear a fight might be brewing."

However, his heart felt rather torn at intervening. Sure, his curiosity nagged at him to investigate, but if Aris' accusations were true, he would not be able to force a confession out of Koren without being run around in circles. More importantly, he felt the boy's outburst was excessive, and made him look like an idiot by comparison to Koren. If it were him, he would try to use his mind to argue, not his heart. But could he just stand by while some punk played mind tricks to his fancy? Even Mehran was unsure. The best option would be to get Vyna into the scene, while he himself thought over his choices.

Vyna had been a little tense when Mehran had said fight, but Aris "Things seem to be calming down." Vyna replied. "Intervention doesn't seem to be required at the moment… Although…." She looked over to Koren, and heard something about mental magic and observed the strange way people seemed to act around him. She pursed her lips, something might be going on here. Though, as much as she didn't like the idea of someone manipulating her sister, she had to keep calm for now, though it would be best to have a wary eye on the situation.

"I'd keep an eye on the person my sister bumped into…." She said quietly, enough so no one but Mehran would hear, looking at Koren.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Feet tapping in excitement, the girl leaned forwards on her stool, listening with rapt attention to her father. She'd caught him in a good mood that night by the fire; he'd just made a sale he'd been working on for two months. After the necessary pestering, he relented to his daughter's demands and leaned back in his rocking chair. "What kind of story are you after, mírim*?"
She pursed her lips, the flickering orange firelight casting shadows that danced across the left side of her delicate face and sparkling eyes. "Do I even need to tell you, Papa?"
He sighed and continued rocking. "The Chalice War it is. I'll pick up where I left off, I promise," he said as she opened her mouth to speak. The girl smiled and waited for him to start. He cleared his throat dramatically and she raised an eyebrow, stifling a giggle. Her father rolled his eyes in response, smiling at her with dimples marking his cheeks.

"Now, this is one way your uncle was very different from me, darling. You see, he had all but forgotten how to smile. I told you last about what his companions and he found in the ruins of Cathedral Briscea, in the wake of the dragon's descent, yes?" The twelve-year-old nodded assent, waiting for him to continue.
Uncle Kolémeyn knelt down in the ashes, brushing dust and charred wood from a family picture. He remembered the last time he had looked upon such desolation, when he had brought it himself. But now, a hundred years after these bloody conquests, his reaction was different. He knelt in the swirling ash, the remains of a livelihood he could scarce remember, and wept for the millions who lost their lives. The group's leader, Arcadius Alistar of the Phantom Blade, was the first one to notice the differences between the scene he saw and the usual way a raided Cathedral appeared. There was magic in the air, magic foreign to him that could not have come from a Redemit. Since the party had been cut off from support, they did not know of the terrible calamity that had befallen Kaineroth and of the death of the Aurex and many of his commanders. So when—"
"I really wanna be Arcadius, Papa. I love Kolémeyn since he has actual feelings sometimes and kills dragons, but the Phantom Blade people are so much cooler-sounding. Even though they got their capital eaten," concluded the girl morosely.
"Just you wait, mírim. Where was I? Ah, yes. When Kolémeyn picked up a handful of ashes, they fell apart oddly in his hand, and he suspected. He had seen a similar thing on Cathedral Striandal when he ruled there, at a place called Dragonmount because of the massive "skeleton" there. He had always thought it but an odd obsidian formation, but now he began to wonder. And then the clouds parted around the form of a great winged shape, falling from the heavens like some hellish meteor. . ."

The image shifted. She stood in a living room of her family's house, waving a mock purple energy in circles, black hair flying out in silken waves behind her. She looked through the nearest doorway to where her father sat eating. Now sixteen, she was maturing into quite an attractive girl, with her distinctive violet eyes an anomaly amongst her family's pale grey ones. She spun in a circle with the blade, catching her toes in the thick carpet and tumbling with a loud thump to the ground. . .
Kiri Illýsir Elanar Aspirlacial lay sprawled on the deck of the chariot, having tumbled while asleep from the bench where she had gone to sleep upon boarding. Despite the conversations and singing, she had remained out cold until this latest misfortune. She pulled one arm from beneath her, rubbing her eyes and looking up dazedly at her surroundings. Noticing that several of the other occupants were looking at her a bit strangely, she levered herself into a sitting position and from there back onto the bench. Placing her left hand on her slender hip and her chin on her right, she surveyed her fellow students as if daring them to comment.

*Shortened form of "princess" in Aláranid

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Ellyn cracked open an eye as Aris flipped through her drawing book, starting to tap her fingers on the armrest softly. Would he like them? Were they truly good drawings and paintings. And then, she saw him stop. He knew! And though she wasn't sure what was going on inside his head, she hoped they were positive. She gasped softly, more to herself than anyone else, as he took up her hands in his own, soft, long and nimble fingers of a musician's hand, and then to his lips. His kiss upon her hand was light and soft, as the wind caresses a flower ever so gently. She didn't want to let go, but remained there, looking down on their joined hands and into his deep, ever so deep eyes. He wove a greater spell with the exotic sounding words that he said, and she now wished to learn them herself.

But as the strange thoughts came, she frowned, trying to get rid of the totally unwelcome thoughts. But when Aris mentioned mind tricks, her eyes snapped open, smoldering with a righteous, furious gold color that made her look like even more of a lionness. But her eyes only flashed in warning, no, in anger, before giving way grudgingly to reason. She had no concrete proof, and so, couldn't change him to a duel. But oh, how her hands itched, wishing to summon Silverthorn and Dawnbreaker into her hands, to teach the boy what it meant to make a foe out of Ellyn Tarembor. But no, she did not know what other magics he possessed nor did she know his skill with a blade, though she thought that she may have the upperhand. And fighting would gain her a bad reputation in the Academy, along with the rest of the students. No, she did not have proof, so she remained silent, instead focusing on expelling the evil thoughts from her brain, never to return. Her mind was her final sanctuary, the place where she guarded her most private thoughts and her inner beliefs, it was a crime, nay, a sin, to attempt to manipulate the mind of another. But she kept a pleasant look on her face, finally getting rid of the sense of irritation. In order to calm things, down, she gently retook her book from Aris, and said, "I need you to sit down, Aris, to get a full potrait of your face for the painting, now that the secret's out, I might as well continue."
To Koren, she said, "Nice to meet you, fellow future student. May I inquire your name? I am Ellyn."
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:16 am

It wasn't until the young bard filled the chamber with the sounds of a song that Arogisl took real notice of his new companions. He was unfamiliar with the composition, but the tales were known to him. It was a pleasant piece that filled the chamber, one of bright disposition intended to cheer the listener. Having little in the ways of variation, such works were commonplace as they always were for events of significance, and in all honesty bored him ever so slightly. What interested him far more was the instrument. Strings were by far his favorite, and here was an instrument new to him, motivating him to take some time to look about and see what surrounded him. If he wanted to learn more of the instrument, the quickest method would be to learn of the people and inquire as to the device directly.

The others had begun to mingle some time before, letting him on his own with naught but to observe, which suited him just fine. Waiting and watching was so much simpler then speaking up and taking part. Granted he knew that it would be difficult to continue as such for long, particularly if he wished to inquire about the stringed instrument, but at the very least he could get an idea of the directions in which his peers faced so as to avoid unnecessary friction. There was the young bard, a silver-tongue if he ever heard one; the kind who were among the more difficult to take measure of. He seemed oblivious to much other then an artist girl, who in turn was as enthralled with his song as he with her face. Yet, he was not one of any place to judge, and they could do as they wished so long as they caused no interference. He observed as he girl was approached by another male who appeared even more nervous then he felt at the ordeal ahead, a concept which he felt no shame in indulging within to further sooth his own nerves, yet her interest in he was far below her captivation towards the bard. It was quite amusing from the outside perspective to watch, although it was doubtful whether anything much would become of it before their arrival. He lost interest as a fourth individual approached, and doubting the new contributor would rekindle his interest, Arogisl instead cast his unassuming gaze towards a pair of women of similar appearance seated beside a male of an almost storybook disposition. He found some amusement in the male's rather theatrical array of movements as he spoke, yet their conversation was a tad difficult to hear over the song and chatter of his previous focus, and he gained little insight other then the eccentricities in idle action of the male .

There was some intermingling between the two circles, but the two males of notice seemed to act as boundaries for their respective circle of conversation. Now, that wasn't to say they were the only ones there, or that they were overbearing in demeanor; but more that they seemed to have taken the role of alphas. He toyed with the idea of blurring the lines between the two circles for a moment to pit the two personalities together before realizing the foolishness of such a thought. "These people are just as familiar with each other as you are with them. The lines have yet to be formed." Chastising himself for the hasty appraisal to fit his own fancy, he recast his gaze yet again; this time to the young maiden lying upon the floor. For reasons beyond him, she had declined to partake of the provided seating and instead took refuge upon the floor to engage in a nap. It wasn't long after he took notice of her that she came to, and after sitting herself up and surveying her surroundings relocated onto one of the benches, glaring at whomever dared to make eye contact. Finding himself amused, he continued to watch in the hopes that someone would interact with her, or her with someone else.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:59 am

Charmera wrote:Vyna had been a little tense when Mehran had said fight, but Aris "Things seem to be calming down." Vyna replied. "Intervention doesn't seem to be required at the moment… Although…." She looked over to Koren, and heard something about mental magic and observed the strange way people seemed to act around him. She pursed her lips, something might be going on here. Though, as much as she didn't like the idea of someone manipulating her sister, she had to keep calm for now, though it would be best to have a wary eye on the situation.

"I'd keep an eye on the person my sister bumped into…." She said quietly, enough so no one but Mehran would hear, looking at Koren.

"Acknowledge, another time then," Mehran answered with a nod, plugging back the headphones for his lecture as he let Vyna be on her way. To his relief, no scuffle broke out with the duo. He certainly did not approve of either men's behaviour, be it Koren's rogue manipulation or Aris' emotionally-hinged acts. But he did not want to escalate the scene, certainly not by direct confrontation. In any case, he would rather not talk too much if he could help it.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:05 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:Vyna had been a little tense when Mehran had said fight, but Aris "Things seem to be calming down." Vyna replied. "Intervention doesn't seem to be required at the moment… Although…." She looked over to Koren, and heard something about mental magic and observed the strange way people seemed to act around him. She pursed her lips, something might be going on here. Though, as much as she didn't like the idea of someone manipulating her sister, she had to keep calm for now, though it would be best to have a wary eye on the situation.

"Acknowledge, another time then," Mehran answered with a nod, plugging back the headphones for his lecture as he let Vyna be on her way. To his relief, no scuffle broke out with the duo. He certainly did not approve of either men's behaviour, be it Koren's rogue manipulation or Aris' emotionally-hinged acts. But he did not want to escalate the scene, certainly not by direct confrontation. In any case, he would rather not talk too much if he could help it.

Vyna smiled, and nodded. "Indeed, I'd be glad to talk again." She replied, before getting up and moving towards her sister, she stood a little bit away from her, pretending to be looking at the artists before she started the portrait from afar. Smiling her confident smile while her sister talked. She kept an eye on Koren, masking her wariness behind that smile. She guessed her sister would be somewhat susceptible to mental magics, though she had no definite proof that he was using them or that he held malicious intent towards Jyn, so she held back, merely there in case things went sour.
Last edited by Charmera on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:32 am

Relief coursed through him. She was aware then of the boy’s transgression, her blazing gaze like a furious solar flare for a brief moment, realization clear on her face and fingers twitching before she settled down. He shouldn’t have worried so; she certainly could defend herself well. Never to be forgotten now. She may be a lady, but one after Syvalladine, no helpless maiden from a high royal family who was fed with a silver spoon. A fighter with a heart of gold.

And finally he might know the other boy’s name. Asking would have been inappropriate after that exchange, and making him more uncomfortable would not be within his own character.

Ho ho. Ordering him around already? Who was he to deny her though? A teasing smile flit across his face.

“Your wish is my command, cyria mou,” Aris replied softly, amused, eyes twinkling as he gazed into hers so like sunshine, seating himself before her. Her words warmed his heart all over again. The bright smile on his face couldn't be held back; if anything, then it lit up the room as she lit up his life. Alright. Even for him, that was more than dramatic. Definitely a good thing though. Hopefully. Had he known beforehand any of this strange wonder would happen, even if Headmistress Ion herself told him before his leaving. He would not have believed. He had known love broad and deep from his vast family of siblings, but this. This feeling. So perfect and pure. Wonderful and warm and all bright light seemed all he thought since first seeing her. Perhaps it was love at first sight then. Truly. Like the stories say.

His will was set. For her, he would write a song. A song alone that might match her beauty and brightness, and all the warmth and goodness she inspired in him. The song. It would take time, surely, but for her… My heart is forever yours, agapiméni Ellyn. And then. His eyes opened wide as his head shot up and slipped a hand over his open lips.

Aradain, no. Had he spoken that aloud?

Then a thud sounded from behind and he looked over his shoulder and turned, desperately looking for a distraction as he schooled his features. A girl tumbled from her seat in an awkward bundle of blankets and limbs, apparently waking herself from sleep as she decided to acquaint herself with the floor. Others turned and stared, and she stared back, as if daring a snarky comment be made. He didn't speak though. Too caught within his own thoughts; he had caused enough trouble as it was. But he worried still.

What will she think now of me?

Eon Prime
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eon Prime » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Sitting in the front of the chariot, in what was perhaps the most aloof and remote position she could have chosen, Anaya had little problem hearing the rest of the students behind her. She had been locked in the icy grip of apprehension since boarding the vessel, which perhaps influenced her seat selection. As the scion of a declining house, she felt out of place and had actually been surprised at her acceptance. The Silver Hand Academy was reputed to be one of the greatest centers of learning in the Known Universe, and the greatest in the Phantom Blade’s territory. Naturally, she had assumed a certain level of poise and bearing from the other first years, she had assumed that they would be better than her and refused to let them see that.

Now, with a startling realization, the tension that had been plaguing Anaya finally gave way to relief. They’re just children too, there’s nothing more or less special about any of us. She had expected young prodigies, but instead she found herself among a cast of quirky characters that would look at home in any tale. A love-struck bard, to put their adventures into song; a doe-eyed young artist; a scholar, whether he’d admit it or not; a pair of noble siblings from a house whose name she envied; a sly mage, or so she believed; and finally herself, a shield-warrior whose sleeping tendencies bordered on narcolepsy. An odd bunch they were, and with that last thought, Anaya released the magic that had, briefly, nearly doubled her awareness and passed out in her chair, snoring quietly.
"Omnis sermo sacer est."

Every word is sacred. Therefore, choose them wisely.

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:40 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:IHe recast his gaze yet again; this time to the young maiden lying upon the floor. For reasons beyond him, she had declined to partake of the provided seating and instead took refuge upon the floor to engage in a nap. It wasn't long after he took notice of her that she came to, and after sitting herself up and surveying her surroundings relocated onto one of the benches, glaring at whomever dared to make eye contact. Finding himself amused, he continued to watch in the hopes that someone would interact with her, or her with someone else.
Sil Arion wrote:Then a thud sounded from behind and he looked over his shoulder and turned, desperately looking for a distraction as he schooled his features. A girl tumbled from her seat in an awkward bundle of blankets and limbs, apparently waking herself from sleep as she decided to acquaint herself with the floor. Others turned and stared, and she stared back, as if daring a snarky comment be made. He didn't speak though. Too caught within his own thoughts; he had caused enough trouble as it was. But he worried still.

She was glad no one had spoken. Of course she had to be the one to do something uncomfortable at the earliest possible moment. But it looked like the other passengers were mostly distracted, so she reasoned it could have been worse. After all, something as silly as falling off a bench hardly lost you friendships before they were made- that was more likely to occur once the swords begun to swing. Sizing up the two who had looked her way with a cursory glance, she could tell immediately that one was a bit of a ladies' man from the way he had attracted their attention with the instrument he held. Their eyes met for the briefest of instants, and he looked down slightly? Was he blushing?, she wondered. No, that's probably on account of one of those girls. She scowled a little; he could at least have the courtesy to let his gaze linger like she was worth looking at, although her hair probably looked like an utter catastrophe. Kiri looked at the other. He was a darker fellow, and certainly hadn't ingratiated himself to the non-sleepers as much as the first. He looked back at her in a sort of disinterested way that hinted at a keen and critical mind. She liked him, she decided, since he wasn't about to do anything rash or reveal too much of his personality to people he didn't know he could trust. One corner of her mouth flicked upwards in a sort of half-smile.

Her gaze lit on Ellyn. No wonder the singer had been blushing; she was certainly pretty, though a bit fine-boned for her tastes. The other two girls looked to be related if appearance was any indication, though their builds were different. She was fairly confident she could beat any of them in a straight match, since none except perhaps the singer of all people looked to have lived a physically demanding life. She'd see to it that she beat him too eventually, of course. Let's see how your flirtations help you then, shall we?
Settling herself more comfortably where she sat, Kiri tucked a few errant strands of raven-dark hair behind an ear, then quietly interjected, "Before any of you ask, my name's Aspirlacial. Maybe you know it, maybe you don't. I don't really care personally, but since you're going to be stuck with me for a while, I figured I might as well get introductions out of the way as quickly as possible." She smiled more fully this time, teeth just visible through her full lips.

Estva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 pm

The Starlight wrote:snip

Tensions died down quickly. At least, on the surface they did. Aris obviously saw through Koren's tricks from minute one, and his accusations would no doubt win those more suspicious of mages on his side. Ellyn too, no doubt at this point at least suspected Koren. However, Koren also won some supporters among the crowd, especially among fellow mages, and those who fell to his mind tricks. Of course, none of this came across in words. Body language and a general mood was what conveyed such hidden hostility.

"My name is Koren. Koren Arn." he replied to Ellyn.

In all honesty, Koren felt rather uncomfortable keeping up conversation at this point. The general back and forth everyone spewed at each other was always empty even without such a context, but with the earlier spat it was especially empty. Still, twas better to keep up the common social charade.

"I would tell you where I hail from, but the planet is a backwater, and no one here would likely know it."

Just as Ellyn had prepared to reply to his triviality, another character introduced themselves into the conversation. He was quite glad internally, as the conversation growing between just him and Ellyn could end only on awkward terms. He used this opportunity to shut himself out of the conversation going on and withdraw quietly. His only other option was responding to the introductory student, but that would have been awkward and out of place as they had not addressed Koren.

Still, he had nowhere else to go, so he simply reclined in where he was sitting, and waited for any conversation directed at him.
Join the Libdems.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:
The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:IHe recast his gaze yet again; this time to the young maiden lying upon the floor. For reasons beyond him, she had declined to partake of the provided seating and instead took refuge upon the floor to engage in a nap. It wasn't long after he took notice of her that she came to, and after sitting herself up and surveying her surroundings relocated onto one of the benches, glaring at whomever dared to make eye contact. Finding himself amused, he continued to watch in the hopes that someone would interact with her, or her with someone else.
Sil Arion wrote:Then a thud sounded from behind and he looked over his shoulder and turned, desperately looking for a distraction as he schooled his features. A girl tumbled from her seat in an awkward bundle of blankets and limbs, apparently waking herself from sleep as she decided to acquaint herself with the floor. Others turned and stared, and she stared back, as if daring a snarky comment be made. He didn't speak though. Too caught within his own thoughts; he had caused enough trouble as it was. But he worried still.

She was glad no one had spoken. Of course she had to be the one to do something uncomfortable at the earliest possible moment. But it looked like the other passengers were mostly distracted, so she reasoned it could have been worse. After all, something as silly as falling off a bench hardly lost you friendships before they were made- that was more likely to occur once the swords begun to swing. Sizing up the two who had looked her way with a cursory glance, she could tell immediately that one was a bit of a ladies' man from the way he had attracted their attention with the instrument he held. Their eyes met for the briefest of instants, and he looked down slightly? Was he blushing?, she wondered. No, that's probably on account of one of those girls. She scowled a little; he could at least have the courtesy to let his gaze linger like she was worth looking at, although her hair probably looked like an utter catastrophe. Kiri looked at the other. He was a darker fellow, and certainly hadn't ingratiated himself to the non-sleepers as much as the first. He looked back at her in a sort of disinterested way that hinted at a keen and critical mind. She liked him, she decided, since he wasn't about to do anything rash or reveal too much of his personality to people he didn't know he could trust. One corner of her mouth flicked upwards in a sort of half-smile.

Her gaze lit on Ellyn. No wonder the singer had been blushing; she was certainly pretty, though a bit fine-boned for her tastes. The other two girls looked to be related if appearance was any indication, though their builds were different. She was fairly confident she could beat any of them in a straight match, since none except perhaps the singer of all people looked to have lived a physically demanding life. She'd see to it that she beat him too eventually, of course. Let's see how your flirtations help you then, shall we?
Settling herself more comfortably where she sat, Kiri tucked a few errant strands of raven-dark hair behind an ear, then quietly interjected, "Before any of you ask, my name's Aspirlacial. Maybe you know it, maybe you don't. I don't really care personally, but since you're going to be stuck with me for a while, I figured I might as well get introductions out of the way as quickly as possible." She smiled more fully this time, teeth just visible through her full lips.

Jynna looked over to the person who just spoke, smiling back at her. Jynna had not noticed her fall, otherwise she would have rushed over to help her that moment. She was too distracted by Koren to notice that, his spell having some effect on her, before she snapped out of it to Kiri's voice. She decided to also get some introductions done, so they would at least know each others names. "I"m Jynna Ayendor, and thats my sister Vynaria." Jynna elbowed Vyna, who turned to Kiri and gave a small nod of greeting.

"Good to meet you… miss Aspirlacial." Vyna responded, grinning ever so slightly. This girl seemed confident, which Vyna could respect. Jynna beamed, her distrust of her sister momentarily forgotten as her mind fluttered to this newcomer.
Last edited by Charmera on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Sil Arion wrote:Relief coursed through him. She was aware then of the boy’s transgression, her blazing gaze like a furious solar flare for a brief moment, realization clear on her face and fingers twitching before she settled down. He shouldn’t have worried so; she certainly could defend herself well. Never to be forgotten now. She may be a lady, but one after Syvalladine, no helpless maiden from a high royal family who was fed with a silver spoon. A fighter with a heart of gold.

And finally he might know the other boy’s name. Asking would have been inappropriate after that exchange, and making him more uncomfortable would not be within his own character.

Ho ho. Ordering him around already? Who was he to deny her though? A teasing smile flit across his face.

“Your wish is my command, cyria mou,” Aris replied softly, amused, eyes twinkling as he gazed into hers so like sunshine, seating himself before her. Her words warmed his heart all over again. The bright smile on his face couldn't be held back; if anything, then it lit up the room as she lit up his life. Alright. Even for him, that was more than dramatic. Definitely a good thing though. Hopefully. Had he known beforehand any of this strange wonder would happen, even if Headmistress Ion herself told him before his leaving. He would not have believed. He had known love broad and deep from his vast family of siblings, but this. This feeling. So perfect and pure. Wonderful and warm and all bright light seemed all he thought since first seeing her. Perhaps it was love at first sight then. Truly. Like the stories say.

His will was set. For her, he would write a song. A song alone that might match her beauty and brightness, and all the warmth and goodness she inspired in him. The song. It would take time, surely, but for her… My heart is forever yours, agapiméni Ellyn. And then. His eyes opened wide as his head shot up and slipped a hand over his open lips.

Aradain, no. Had he spoken that aloud?

Then a thud sounded from behind and he looked over his shoulder and turned, desperately looking for a distraction as he schooled his features. A girl tumbled from her seat in an awkward bundle of blankets and limbs, apparently waking herself from sleep as she decided to acquaint herself with the floor. Others turned and stared, and she stared back, as if daring a snarky comment be made. He didn't speak though. Too caught within his own thoughts; he had caused enough trouble as it was. But he worried still.

What will she think now of me?

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:snip

Estva wrote:snip

She would draw him, no for him, and it would be the most magnificent work she ever had, and ever would draw. But no, her overwhelming feelings could not be poured into a mere drawing, no, it would have to be a painting, but easel she had not. But how glorious it would be, and she would be able to display all of those warm thoughts, that bursting emotion of love and happiness when she looked upon Aris. His features strong but with a soft, kind face, while remaining firm. He would be upon a rock, one hand outstretched to the heavens, calling, no bidding, the wind to come. And below, the blades of red grass would have to be like a willowy, bendy branch, bending and waving at the name of the wind. And above, a shimmering, dazzling sea of stars, which seemed to go on as far as the eye could see.

Was this love she felt? It was warm and exciting, beautiful and wonderful, creating warmth within her heart, soul and mind. What else could it be, it was not mere friendship, no it was something greater, something stronger and mightier: love. As she came to this revelation, her mind seemed to explode with emotion. How glad was she now, that she had left home, to travel here. She again looked into the orbs of Aris, seeming to shine and glow with a radiance only seen in the stars. A smile curved up on her lips as she just sat there, her head straight, sinking in, memorizing the sight of Aris. She wanted to hold him, and never let go. It was strange, no boy had ever made her feel like this, in fact, no boy had ever come near her after she started training with the sword. For some reason, they thought it strange that Ellyn was just as good, nay, better at wielding a sword and magic than the rest of them, and the fact that they were shown up by a mere girl infuriated them to no end.

Drawing herself from her thoughts, and memorizing the sight to her memory, she looked earnestly at Aris as he sat back down, smiling at his words as he sat down by her command. She looked at his brilliant smile, not being able to help herself from smiling again as he did. But her breath, her thoughts were stolen as he announced softly that his heart was hers, forever. Was she ready, to take a new step, to forge a new path in her life? She wasn't sure, but she couldn't spend her whole life asking the same question. Home was now behind her, the world, ahead. She too raised a hand to her lips in part shock, part elation. She began to reach out to his soft hands, the words forming on her lips to express her own feelings for him. But she drew back, her hands falling back to her sides and the words dying on her lips without every making it out, as Aris swirled, the embarrassment prevalent on his face. Oh how she wanted to grab his hands to hers once more and tell him. But it would have to wait for another day, Ellyn thought. Perhaps they were moving too quickly, she thought, before refuting that. There was such a thing as love at first sight, and she had felt this yearning, this longing for him in the very beginning. Her feelings were so confused, she needed a little time to sort them out and be able to confidently and decisively tell Aris that she loved him as well. Looking at the newcomer, she said, "Nice to meet you, Aspirlacial, I'm Ellyn."
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Focus. Be at peace. Aris calmed the storm of thoughts that whirled in his mind. But he needed more time to sort all – this – out. And to speak with Ellyn. Perhaps in privacy. Instead in front of everyone. He might a performer, but he wasn’t an exhibitionist!

Glancing sideways, he caught sight of her, sitting just next to him, reveling in the warmth of simple proximity. Beautiful through her blood and bones. So bright and bold. Heart of my heart. A soft breath out between his curled lips, and the anxiety bled away. Truly, this was love if the sight alone of her calmed him. Like an anchor in the storm that was life, and the one beam of sunlight that pierced through the dark clouds to reach him on the churning waters. But love moves at its own speed, no? He could only follow his heart, as always. Another sigh, and he set his face in his hands, resting a moment after such an emotionally charged first impression. Even if a few came close, down below back on Akaea, but. None quite like this.

A good thing though. Leading to wonderfully perfect and purest love he wouldn’t miss for all the world. A new purpose in his life, one above all others. Her. And he’d already let slip his tongue and confessed! He would wait then. For her answer.

The sound of her voice awoke him again, introducing herself to some. The girl. Kiri.

Oh. That must have seemed rude of him! He’d almost entirely ignored the poor girl, embarrassed as he’d been being no excuse. Well, not in hindsight. Headmistress Ion would torment him with extra training if she knew. Always better late than never in life.

“My apologies, miss. My name is Aris.” Again with the seven words. Could he even stop that if he wanted? Likely not.

Watch and wait then. He was still under orders from his lady after all. A smile.
Last edited by Sil Arion on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 am

Flashback

Ériu, the 'Emerald Star'. Once, it was glowing, bountiful countryside, dotted with white cliffs, lush meadows and clear skies. Tales of its early pioneers had been passed down for generations, a story of a chance landing which richly rewarded its new residents with their hard work, having terraformed the foreboding landscape to the dream they had always desired. Today, that dream was dead, its beauty scorched by years of civil conflict with the dragons and their followers, and subsequently, godless fanatics who equally denounced the God-Knight and the White Demon as false idols. For the Ghealach Nua, all self-proclaimed gods were but mortals who had brainwashed humanity with nonsensical lies and clouded their ability to judge with reason and logic. In their name of truth, they now sought to destroy the lies within all humanity, turning them away from blind faith towards grounded reason.

Standing in the middle of a muddy, rain-swept bog, Eamonn MacÌomhair was paralyzed in a state of pure, untainted horror. Showered under a black, foggy sky which had drowned out any shred of light, the soaking knight apprentice could feel the rapid trickles of storm water washing down the sickly, noxious blood on his face. But there was nothing the rain could do to wash the stain in his soul, as he stared across the open field at a masked knight in dull, dark grey armour. His suit and blade illuminated in a sickly orange light, the outline of his mentor seemed blur and indistinguishable, like a phantom leering at him. All over, the mud laid strewn with shades of red, indescribable stains and parts, some of which looked distinctly human. Some bodies remained fairly intact, though mauled beyond recognition. Others had limbs and heads missing, sent meters from their original place with expressions too grim to describe. And some were hacked into so many pieces, there was just no way for Eamonn to tell who they were anymore. Glancing down, he saw the body of a young, raven-haired girl with a bob cut, an ugly, red hole punched through her chest for all to see. Leaning on his feet, her dull eyes remained wide open in shock, as if taken by surprise in her final gasping moment.

"Rejoice, Eamonn," announced the knight in a chillingly serene voice, his gaze visible behind his mask, "you are worthy."

It did not take much longer for Eamonn to finally crack. His throat opening up, he let out a bloodcurdling scream. He could not take the sight of it all. Agony had utterly taken hold...

Present

Seizing up in terror as he opened his eyes, the young lad almost felt like suffocating. Grabbing his throat, he took a moment to get his bearing before realizing the image before was but a dream. It was a nightmare he had had to deal with for some time, brushing his overgrown strands of hair away from his eyes. Lying on a seats on the far side of the chariot, he quietly took the earplugs out of his ears as he sat upright, checking the progress of the trip.

"Almost there, eh..." he uttered to himself, looking out at the red skies dominating Arcadia. Adjusting his hair again, he tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. Resting his elbows on a table as he laid his clasped hands over his face, he tried to get a gauge of his surroundings.

A quick survey of the room, Eamonn found his gaze shifting at a small mob before him. From the onset, it seemed a bit like a love-in-first-sight scenario, with a couple busy exchanging sweet nothings while some of the girls talked amongst them. It was a bit annoying for him, not the least since they were in public. But Eamonn was in no mood to play morality police. Peering back down on his empty table, his mind began to drift again. His only concern was what laid ahead. He was not sure how long it was going to take for him to become stronger.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:Settling herself more comfortably where she sat, Kiri tucked a few errant strands of raven-dark hair behind an ear, then quietly interjected, "Before any of you ask, my name's Aspirlacial. Maybe you know it, maybe you don't. I don't really care personally, but since you're going to be stuck with me for a while, I figured I might as well get introductions out of the way as quickly as possible." She smiled more fully this time, teeth just visible through her full lips.

Finding his hopes to have been granted in such a short period, rather then recast his attentions as he had previously, Arogisl decided he would watch the girl for a while longer. Her cheerful demeanor seemed at odds with the generally somber air about those within the chariot, making a much better fit for the rather boisterous set she chose to introduce herself to. He caught her name from her introduction; Aspirlacial, an interesting name, and one of which he had no direct recall as to its significance. Yet, the way she spoke of it was indicative that it was a family name, and one of some worth to back itself up. Making a mental note to look into the name at some point once he had the spare time to do so, he mulled over the impact of her interjection into the group. It had certainly passed smoothly enough, unlike some who spoke once and finding themselves lacking had chosen the path of silence, and she appeared to have gained some passing interest from the group, of course with the exception of the starry eyed youths basking shamelessly in their obvious endearment. If nothing else she certainly seemed the type to craft herself a set of companions wherever she passed, regardless of their willingness to be collected. A consideration he would have to be wary of in the future.

Looking away for a few moments he turned his gaze back upon the twisting clouds of crimson that obscured his view of the surrounding cosmos. The change in scenery was indicative of their ever growing proximity to their destination, and he doubted they had much time remaining aboard their craft before their arrival. A wave of anxiety passed through him, not as strong as it had previously, but enough to give him no small portion of discomfort. Disheartened at his continued weakness, Arogisl again tore his gaze from the surrounding realm and forced himself to avoid such thoughts and instead watch the others within the craft. At the very least they helped to keep him distracted.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:52 am

Aris glanced around as he waited, watching the dozens others wake themselves as crimson skies began fill the windows, beautiful and radiant. They were near, and a giddy excitement welled up in his chest. To take this first step onto a new world. Into the future!

He heard a gasp of breath, and turned his head. A boy several seats ahead awakened with a start, and he watched, curious, and a touch concerned at the brief expression of terror that occupied his face. A nightmare? Perhaps memories of his past were bothering him as he moved on. And the boy wasn’t the only one in discomfort. Looking around, there were quite a few, another boy not far from him, and thirty or so others, lips tight and scrunched brows all around, hands clutched to their chests and all tense. Disheartened spirit and anxiety seemed to be making its way around as nebulous red clouds obscured any last view of the surrounding stars. We’re still children. No matter our stories.

He would sing another song then. For these other children, his new family. To help ease their hearts. And I know just the right one. It brought back memories of his own, and his smile grew into a wide grin.

It was a song taught to him by a wandering man, staying at the Cathedral Delphi for forty days and forty nights. An elderly man with silvered hair and the clearest blue eyes, with an air of wisdom and worldliness permeating the air around him like a calm breeze. Always welcome. And only giving the Traveler as his name, so fitting. By his tales, he seemingly knew the entire span of the Known Universe after his centuries of living. And what stories they were. He believed.

In those few fortnights, such a short time, he learned so much! And all the lessons on fighting, and living, through the countless stories and parables the Traveler told him, there on that secluded balcony garden behind the High Tower of Olympos, the older man with pipe in mouth, sitting from the new dawn til the wee hours of morning again beneath the dawn. Even an entire new language! The Traveler said he had the gift of tongues, and this one was beautiful and pure like the arctic winds and winter sun; an ancient tongue from Bergen, one of the many worlds lost in the Chalice War. But not forgotten.

I was so stupid to never realize. Even if he’d asked few personal questions out of his respect and admiration, the signs were all there, that the Traveler was ever more than he seemed, by his skills and stories if nothing else. And one who was an old friend of Headmistress Ion. But to think. The Blue Knight, teaching him, of all people! Ante de lu Vian, called the Great Deluge by some, and Water Dancer by others. And one of the most beloved living Knights in the Phantom Blade. And strong, wise. So very much. Because even if he, the Blue Knight, lost hope at times, fell into sadness and despair, he never forgot his mission and all those who loved him and others in world, who he made to protect. Do not doubt. No matter whichever path you shall take, you will be blessed, Aris, my son. His father-figure, for all the short time he stayed at Cathedral Delphi.

This song. It was traditional one when leaving for a new home, entering an entire new world. It was bright and beautiful, like many he loved, but so light and airy, soft yet clear, like a new day come and rising hope. A song without a name, but with a pure and heartful message. Inspiration. So others might know it too, he would sing his translation.

Perhaps? Yes, a good time as any for it. Reaching into his pocket, his fingers danced over his persa-comm until he found it. His orchestral composition to accompany the solo that was the original song. Writing parts for seventy voices and seventy instruments, an entire choir and symphony. A full week he’d spent getting it right! And he was so proud of it, heart still warmed, the joy it brought to him and others, the look on Headmistress Ion’s face when she first saw it, all his family, and when the Cathedral choir and orchestra played it live later that same month during Golden Week, and the smiles on everyone’s faces. This was a recording of those parts he later wove together. For times like this when when he could help others by his talent, even if just in a short several minutes of his time. A last few finger taps. External speakers on. Play. Three seconds.

And he struck his fingers to the strings again, his voice soft as he began that first stanza of the solo.

Du kan om du vil!
Ingen kan ta ditt valg
Bare plante tvil,
Det er så mange veier å gå;
Mange mål som kan nåes om du våger
å tro på at du har det som skal til

You can if you want!
No one can take your choice
Just plant doubts,
There are so many ways to go;
Many goals that can be reached if you dare
believe that you have what it takes!

Even with eyes closed, he felt their heads turn, the weight of their gaze, his music pulling them from their anxious thoughts. The sounds filling their ears. Good. It was working then. If he could even just help ease one heart alone, that was all he could ask for. Thank you, Aradain, for this gift. To the second verse he sprung on, voice lifting.

Vi har alle tvil!
Spørsmål om valg
Er dette det du vil?
Det er så mange hensyn å ta
Mange strenger som drar hver sin retning
Frykten for feiltrinn kan mørklegge alt.

We all have doubts!
Questions about choices
Is this what you want?
There are so many considerations to take
Many strings going opposite directions
The fear of mistakes can black out everything.

And now his favorite part. The chorus, so filled with honest hope as the choir rose and the brass horns sounded their proud answering call to the strings and piano, so clear.

Vi har alle tvil!

We all have doubts!

Men det vakreste du har
Er et lys som skinner klart
Og det bor det inne i deg,
Et kompass som lyser opp din natt!

But the most beautiful thing you have
Is a light that shines brightly
And that lives inside of you,
A compass that lights up your night!

And he knew she too was there, watching. The image of her in the eye of his mind, her warm gaze, lustrous long hair so like the sun and stars, her face so fair. His heart of hearts. To the finish.

De vet ingenting
De har ingen svar
Det er det kun du som har;
Det er så mange veier å gå,
Mange mål som kan nåes om du våger
å tro på at du har det som skal til!

They know nothing
They have no answers
It is only you who have;
There are so many ways to go,
Many goals that can be reached if you dare
believe that you have what it takes!

Vi har alle tvil!
We all have doubts!
Men det vakreste du har
Er et lys som skinner klart
Og det bor det inne i deg,
Et kompass som lyser opp din natt!

But the most beautiful thing you have
Is a light that shines brightly
And that live inside of you,
A compass that lights up your night!

He let the last note resonate through the chariot, high and warm and harmonious as the melody trailed off. Softly, he raised himself from his seat and bowed. And held it in the ensuing silence. Hopefully this helped at least some overcome their doubts and fears. Even just one. He could can only hope!
Last edited by Sil Arion on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Suddenly, turbulence. A spearhead of light, born from the void and bound for the void, cruised past the chariot, causing it to shake violently, the wagon spinning around several times from the force with which the unknown object passed next to it. The whole incident lasted mere moments, and its consequences were hardly worthy of note, as no one had been injured and the integrity of the chariot had in no way been compromised, but it had likely been enough to surprise the recruits within the wagon, as their cheerful chattering was interrupted so abruptly. What few particles of dust were there to be upset settled down in a matter of moments, and the light of the spear, which had shined so brightly upon the transluminic metal panels of the chariot for a moment, had died down a moment afterwards, leaving only the darkness of the void and the light of the distant stars once again, though if one looked through the window panels, one would still be able to find the spear-shaped object, bright and inexorable, headed towards the Gryphon Constellation.

Before they had any time to make heads or tails of what had just happened, however, something else surprised the students on board the chariot. The audio station, which had previously been giving certain accounts on the skirmishes happening not far from the Antagon System, so easily obscured by the bard's cheerful singing, suddenly became distorted until no voice was discernable amidst the cacophony of electronic malfunctions echoing through the device. But suddenly, a voice once again spoke, not the same one by any means, but a voice nonetheless, a grave male voice, distorted and jaded, but understandable nonetheless.

"...Heart... s... Fire..." The voice said, falling silent for another moment before continuing its ominous speech. "...Awaken... t... Cursed Blood..." It uttered, before disappearing. The electronic noise continued for another moment before the audio device suddenly corrected itself, returning to its previous duty of letting all inhabitants of the Phantom Blade's territories know about the latest conflicts between the Order and the heathen host that was still around, even when the war was over, so long after their winged idols had been sent to the hollow halls of hell.

"I apologize for the disturbances the chariot has just experienced. However, it appears that nothing grave has happened, so, please remain calm for the remainder of the journey. We have just arrived at Cathedral Arcadia. We will be landing soon." The soft voice of the charioteer said through the vessel's speakers in an attempt to make sure that the recruits would be tranquil during the last stage of their journey. And indeed, if they had become distracted with the strange event that had just transpired, they would now undoubtedly notice that they had finally arrived at the Red Citadel, the land of skies of crimson. Through their windows, they would be able to see, above, the red skies that had given the Cathedral its nickname, and below, the colorful, bountiful lands and the magnificent oceans that reflected the skies, causing the optical illusion that the sea down below was in fact an enormous, fluctuating landmass of precious rubies.

As the chariot swiftly lost altitude in its descent towards its destination, the most gifted sights would be able to see, down below, amidst the sea, a speck of white, naught but a point of light in a swirling canvas of cosmic lifeblood. As the seconds passed, others would be able to see it as well, and before long, they would all be able to make out certain details of it, identifying it as a man-made structure. A tall, towering building, surrounded by the reflective water and the occasional stone formations poking out of the water, it was quite obviously one of the most sophisticated work of the Redemit kind. Green fields and even trees adorned the top, along with statues of ancient legends of the Phantom Blade, like Sylvalladine and Kaios, and on a large circular platform, separate from the rest of the school, one could clearly see the sign of the Phantom Blade, set in the middle of a large, silver glove, the symbol that represented the Silver Hand Academy of the Phantom Blade.

They descended even more, finally reaching a large platform on top of a tower separate from the main building, which served as a docking bay of sorts. It was partially open to the air and sunlight, but at the drop of a hat it could easily become impregnable to the elements, as could the entire school, not to mention the passageways to the main structure were under the top area and thus unexposed. It was in this landing platform that the chariot finally landed, slowing down to a halt hovering less than a meter above the ground. The energy chains attaching the star drive to the wagon disappeared, and the star drive slowly floated back to the wagon, melding in to become a single structure as the chariot became dormant and finally dropped to the ground softly, thus marking the end of the journey... And the beginning of a new one.

The door of the chariot finally opened, allowing the recruits within to head out of the vessel and step out into their new home, the Silver Hand Academy. All around, several dozen other chariots were there, with some already dormant, some only just landing, and some still in the way. Hundreds of recruits in the same uniforms were walking around the landing platform, some of them happily talking upon encountering familiar faces in the Academy, others quickly heading towards older-looking students when they heard their names pronounced, and several evidently lost ones who were not quite certain of what to do. All around, the bustle of the other students definitely gave the martial institution a very lively, juvenile atmosphere. Truly, though they were here to become warriors, all of these people, no matter their prior training or life experiences, were just children, not even through a tenth of their expected lifespan. Children yes, but the most extraordinary children that could be found. It was this quality, this excellency that bound them all together despite their different backgrounds.

"Please step outside and find your assigned guides. They should be calling your names. It was a pleasure to serve you in this journey. Good luck." The charioteer's voice echoed through the vessel one last time, and the sound of another door opening came afterwards. Then, silence. Now only the recruits were still in the chariot, and there was nothing left there for them. What they had was an entire world, just waiting on the other side of the small open door on the side of the chariot. An entire new adventure that they would undertake together.

"Maressan!" A voice shouted outside. "Virisil!" Another called. A grunt of pain, from a student whose foot had slipped, sending her to the ground, though thankfully another one was quick to assist. More names. Exclamations of presence. Cheerful exchanges. All of this and more sounded through their ears, but above it all, something else. Another voice, a male one, as cheerful as any other and with a tinge of musicality was speaking words that would undoubtedly catch the attention of the recruits. He pronounced every syllabe clearly, and though these words did not form a sentence or any such, it was more than clear that they were meant to head towards the speaker.

"Akaion." He called. "Arn. Aspirlacial." He continued. "Ayendor. Ayen- Wait, what? Again?" He paused, before resuming without giving his momentary confusion much importance. "Ayendor. Hygbros." The naming continued.

If they followed the voice, passing through the bustling mass of recruits still on the landing platform, they would come face to face with a young man a few years older than them, with short white hair like snow and a pair of bright yellow eyes, like shining amber, reading curiously from a list he held on his hand. His gentle face sported an expectant smile as he read the last names listed out loud, waiting for the recruits to make their way to him. He was tall, and well-built. Strong for certain, but not imposing and harsh, like a glacial mountain eager to drive away all life from its peaks, but rather like a large tree, colorful and welcoming, eager to shield life and offer shade and shelter. He wore the very same uniform as every other student, but with a quite noticeable difference. On his chest, on the side opposite to where the uniform sported the symbol of the Phantom Blade, there was another symbol, an image of a green flame over a crescent moon, locked within three concentric circles of the same color. Over said uniform, the young man wore a golden robe with silver trimming, with the symbol of the Silver Hand Academy proudly stamped on the back.

"Ignobilis. Maciomhair. Phaenan." The young man continued calling out. He was quite content to become a guide, and was eager to see what the recruits assigned to him would be like. "Shirazi. Tarembor." He continued, pausing before beginning once again. "Akaion. Arn..."
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Before they had any time to make heads or tails of what had just happened, however, something else surprised the students on board the chariot. The audio station, which had previously been giving certain accounts on the skirmishes happening not far from the Antagon System, so easily obscured by the bard's cheerful singing, suddenly became distorted until no voice was discernable amidst the cacophony of electronic malfunctions echoing through the device. But suddenly, a voice once again spoke, not the same one by any means, but a voice nonetheless, a grave male voice, distorted and jaded, but understandable nonetheless.

"...Heart... s... Fire..." The voice said, falling silent for another moment before continuing its ominous speech. "...Awaken... t... Cursed Blood..." It uttered, before disappearing. The electronic noise continued for another moment before the audio device suddenly corrected itself, returning to its previous duty of letting all inhabitants of the Phantom Blade's territories know about the latest conflicts between the Order and the heathen host that was still around, even when the war was over, so long after their winged idols had been sent to the hollow halls of hell.

"I apologize for the disturbances the chariot has just experienced. However, it appears that nothing grave has happened, so, please remain calm for the remainder of the journey. We have just arrived at Cathedral Arcadia. We will be landing soon." The soft voice of the charioteer said through the vessel's speakers in an attempt to make sure that the recruits would be tranquil during the last stage of their journey. And indeed, if they had become distracted with the strange event that had just transpired, they would now undoubtedly notice that they had finally arrived at the Red Citadel, the land of skies of crimson. Through their windows, they would be able to see, above, the red skies that had given the Cathedral its nickname, and below, the colorful, bountiful lands and the magnificent oceans that reflected the skies, causing the optical illusion that the sea down below was in fact an enormous, fluctuating landmass of precious rubies.

Shifting his eyes towards the audio device, Eamonn did not show much notice to the alteration. It sounded by dragon-worshippers, a sight that had largely been overshadowed by the Ghealach Nua back home. As an Éiruan, he had every reason to spite the dragon-worshippers, a force that both Aradain followers and the Ghealach Nua actually collaborated to destroy. It was a convenient alliance for both sides, given their common ire for the White Demon. Why these people continue to pray to a monster that had destroyed countless worlds remained lost to him. Perhaps they thought it was divine judgement brought on them by their retrieval of the Chalice.

"They never stop, do they," grumbled Mehran over the news, unplugging and stowing away his device in his rucksack as he prepared to disembark.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"Akaion." He called. "Arn. Aspirlacial." He continued. "Ayendor. Ayen- Wait, what? Again?" He paused, before resuming without giving his momentary confusion much importance. "Ayendor. Hygbros." The naming continued.

If they followed the voice, passing through the bustling mass of recruits still on the landing platform, they would come face to face with a young man a few years older than them, with short white hair like snow and a pair of bright yellow eyes, like shining amber, reading curiously from a list he held on his hand. His gentle face sported an expectant smile as he read the last names listed out loud, waiting for the recruits to make their way to him. He was tall, and well-built. Strong for certain, but not imposing and harsh, like a glacial mountain eager to drive away all life from its peaks, but rather like a large tree, colorful and welcoming, eager to shield life and offer shade and shelter. He wore the very same uniform as every other student, but with a quite noticeable difference. On his chest, on the side opposite to where the uniform sported the symbol of the Phantom Blade, there was another symbol, an image of a green flame over a crescent moon, locked within three concentric circles of the same color. Over said uniform, the young man wore a golden robe with silver trimming, with the symbol of the Silver Hand Academy proudly stamped on the back.

"Ignobilis. Maciomhair. Phaenan." The young man continued calling out. He was quite content to become a guide, and was eager to see what the recruits assigned to him would be like. "Shirazi. Tarembor." He continued, pausing before beginning once again. "Akaion. Arn..."

Feeling the shudder of the chariot landing, the Xorshid quietly slid on his shades, seizing his scabbard and slinging his luggage behind his back to depart. Eamonn, too, got to his feet, stepping out with nothing more than the clothes on his back and a single sword in a blackened shade of steel. Dragging his feet out, he felt his eyes burn a bit at the sunlight gleaming down on him.

Trailing towards the giant calling out their names, it did not take much for them to guess that he was their guide. Mehran certainly did not think much of it. He was just hoping to get the introductions over with. Eamonn... just did not care. Stopping a few steps away, he simply waited quietly as he combed back his hair again.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-Snip-

The short lived disturbance was enough to claim Arogisl's full attention. His concern was not so much with their craft s it was with the unknown object which sailed by, and he barely registered the crackling distortion of the craft's audio. The voice, however, that he took full notice of. Still dealing with the initial shock, he failed to clearly make out the first few words from the cackling audio, but Awaken Cursed Blood he heard. His eyes shot open as his mind immediately turned to that stone carved room, the smell of decay and blood dank in the heavy air. Gripping his arm as tightly as he could, he focused on the weak sensation of pain, slowly weaning himself from that dark room. A few deep breaths, and the worst was over. His panic had extended past the announcement made by their pilot, and had prevented him from hearing it, although their following descent clued him in once calmed. Saying nothing of the ordeal, and hoping no one had noticed or just considered it a quick rush to fear for a serious malfunction in the craft, Arogisl stared at the floor of the chariot until their landing.

The ensuing views of their decent would normally have enraptured him, but with his mind otherwise occupied, the only event that granted him any semblance of joy was the slight creak of metal as the chariot doors opened and a breeze of fresh air wafted through the cabin. If there were any who hesitated in stepping off the craft, Arogisl was not among them, and exited the craft as swiftly as not to appear to be fleeing from it. The utter mass of people before him was enough to give him pause though, as it had been some time since he last saw so many youths gathered in one place. The sight energized him, as he recalled this to be a place of learning, and one of the best at that. Looking around, he heard names shouted over the chatter of students, and watched as some perked upon hearing the call before moving in the voices direction. Taking note, he listened for his own name over the buzz of the crowd.

Arogisl grimaced ever so slightly as his title was called in place of his name. He was not ashamed of it, but did feel the call betrayed more then he was comfortable with. The title Ignoblis was not so much a name as it was to indicate that he had cast aside what name, if any, he held before in being taken in by a family. The fact that he was of the second disposition mattered not, as to many it would be unimportant in comparison to his lack of inborn nobility. And those residing on the other end of the spectrum would resent him in their belief that he cast the status of his birth aside to kiss the feet of nobles and share in their names. Then again, for all he knew his worries could be for naught, and the meanings behind the title were as significant and well known to these people as his home system's constellations.

Taking notice of his souring expression, Arogisl corrected himself. It wouldn't do to walk around as such, especially so while introducing himself. The man calling names had already cycled through his list, calling Ignoblis once again, and had just finished a slight pause before beginning again. "Well, no sense in wasting any more time." Despite the already well formed pit in his stomach, Arogisl strode confidently towards the man who called for him. Clasping his arms behind his back, he presented himself with his feet slightly splayed and his back straight. "Arogisl Ignoblis, Present. A pleasure to make your acquaintance sir."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 am

Jynna and Vyna had both sat back down quickly during the disturbance, neither one wishing to be standing if this disturbance turned out to be something serious. Both the siblings were then silent for the rest of the trip, that strange audio glitch included. Both Sister had though looked at each other with concern during that event, both unsure what that was and hoping the other had answers, but neither did. Jynna relaxed somewhat when everything returned to normal, while Vyna had been a little on edge afterwards, mildly agitated until the craft landed.

When they departed the chariot, Vyna was oddly uncomfortable when she saw the massive crowd of students. She seemed agitated among the throng of people. She felt fear in the face of this, a fear which she had a hard time keeping off her face. Jynna moved over to her. "Don't worry sis... Just stay near me." She whispered, not wanting to embarrass Vyna and she was obviously more comfortable in the crowds of people. Vyna nodded wordlessly and Jynna suppressed a worried expression. Despite any suspicions Jyn might have, Vyna was still her sister.

They both headed towards where the voices were coming from, Vyna staying unusually close to Jyn, as close as possible without the two touching. Jyn didn't seem to mind, and only hoped no one would notice her sisters anxiety.
The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-Snip-

Taking notice of his souring expression, Arogisl corrected himself. It wouldn't do to walk around as such, especially so while introducing himself. The man calling names had already cycled through his list, calling Ignoblis once again, and had just finished a slight pause before beginning again. "Well, no sense in wasting any more time." Despite the already well formed pit in his stomach, Arogisl strode confidently towards the man who called for him. Clasping his arms behind his back, he presented himself with his feet slightly splayed and his back straight. "Arogisl Ignoblis, Present. A pleasure to make your acquaintance sir."

As they got there, they noticed one of the others introducing himself. Jynna smile warmly while Vyna smiled awkwardly, trying to mask how obviously uncomfortable she was. "Hello, I'm Jynna and this is Vyna. We're the two Ayendors... We're sisters." She then looked over at Arogisl, pausing. "She's... travel sick, is all..." She weakly lied to both of them.
Last edited by Charmera on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse