NATION

PASSWORD

Sword of Corruption [Fantasy/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:21 am

Why is everyone of royal lineage?

This makes Aerian less special.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 am

Nabyla's not a royal, just a noble.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am

Nuridia wrote:Thanks! Hey Dutch, how old would a dark elf be if they looked 19 years old?

16-17ish.

Finland SSR wrote:Why is everyone of royal lineage?

Both of my characters won't be :)
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Feyrdrak
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Feyrdrak » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

I dunno if coming from a clan is really "noble"

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Application form
Name: Elvedui Telemnar
Race: High Elf
Appearance:Image
Personality: Elvedui is serene and collected at most times with a love and protectiveness of nature, but fierce in battle. But he is also proud of his heritage, and hateful of orcs, though he may not show it.
Personal belongings: Plate armor(as shown in picture.) Silver and Blue cloak, 2 healing potions, one elvish longsword which belongs to the Telemnar family, though specifically Elvedui, named Vilvis. 5 medium sized bottles of mana, hidden on his person.Equipment, potions, and so forth. Casting spells required good 'ole mana. Elvish dagger in his boot, with a pistol on his hip. Silver horse named Adaneth.
Bio:
Elvedui was born to Lord Ranre who commands a medium sized fortress with a large garrison named Naridan, beside the sea. As the heir, Elvedui grew up privileged and trained in swordsmanship, which he soon became an expert of. He also discovered his magic ability, being able to create and wield light, along with lightning.

However, after some 70 years, he became tired of sitting around and as he was already a master swordsman, he set out into the world, learning multiple languages, the different cultures and honing his magic, along with learning every sword style, tip and trick known to the Empire of Hone. He fused all of these together to form his own fluid, strong and powerful style, using all of his skills to the fullest. After 10 years of wandering and learning from the best in the land, Elvedui joined the the Order of the Bloodied Martyr and soon became a distinguished Knight.
Wewubsyoudutch <---- Don't delete, it's for finding apps (and for making me feel better).
Last edited by The Starlight on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Blackwing Coast
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackwing Coast » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Looks interesting. I think about joining with a dark elf beastmaster and his pet manticore.

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:24 pm

(here goes nothing)

Application Form
Name:Ëmmïttyn Iron-Hand
Race:Dwarf
Appearance:

Personality:Ëmmïttyn Iron-Hand is known to be a ruthless dwarven field commander whom holds himself in high regards, and is incredibly arrogant. He thinks little of the other races, especially humans and elves. He fears no one, and will gladly fight with others to "knock them down a notch". Unlike most dwarves, he doesn't lust for gold and jewels, but rather craves power and authority.
Personal Belongings:Steel Bastard sword with a jeweled pommel and sheath. Steel plate armor. Steel gauntlets. Steel greaves and boots. A crossbow with a quiver of 24 bolts. A cloak bearing his family crest. 3 health potions.
Bio:
Born into a major dwarven noble house, Ëmmïttyn was destined for greatness. Although he was a cousin of Görmer Iron-Hand, the current head of the house, Ëmmïttyn was a far better tactician, fighter, speaker, and more diplomatically cunning. As such he was seen as the figure head of House Iron-Hand. Ëmmïttyn further increased his family's standing, by ruthlessly waging a war of intrigue against the other great houses, resulting in a massive power shift within the Dwarven City-State of Galädõn, nestled deep below in the caverns of the eastern mountains.

Leading a small force of house Iron-Hand guardsmen, Ëmmïttyn slaughtered the whole of house Bitter-Steel, and brought the other great houses into line. Ëmmïttyn however craved total power within his own house, and personally murdered his cousin Görmer and his family. With the whole of house Iron-Hand behind him, Ëmmïttyn established a Dwarven council within th weakened city state of Galädõn. Eventually, the trouble with the goblins began. Leading a dwarven force, Ëmmïttyn expelled the threat from the dwarven areas, but due to his ruthless nature, many dwarves fell in battle. Ëmmïttyn led expedition teams that destroyed the goblin breeding grounds within the eastern mountains, and was regarded as a hero. Craving more fame and power, Ëmmïttyn left to join the fabled Knights of the Bloodied Martyr, leaving house Iron-Hand to his son, Jüsticar II.

Wewubsyoudutch <---- Don't delete.
Team Pelinal for life!

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Why is everyone of royal lineage?

Inubashiri isn't of royalty or even nobility, if it makes you feel better.
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Can I make an artificer?

:D

PWEEZE?
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Application form
Name: Surgha Xnurl
Race: Orc
Appearance: Surgha
Personality: Surgha is a warrior. His mind is either focusing on the battle at hand or preparing for the battle to come.
Personal belongings: Surgha typically wields a large hand-and-a-half sword, his brute strength and surprising agility protecting him more than any shield could. His armor is mostly leather straps and loose bands of cloth with several plates of actual armor on the left shoulder and thighs. He carries typically ten potions of healing and five of strength (whenever he drinks a potion of strength, he gains strength equal to that of ten Orcs, which is saying something).
Bio: Surgha Xnurl was raised by an Orc legend; Ghorlorz the Splintered Edge. Ghorlorz was known for his severely brutal tactics, and no one else knew that fact better than Surgha, who was regularly beaten senseless for the smallest things; he would let out a grunt of pain as he pulled a cart filled with boulders or he would slow down to a jog while sprinting through a mountain pass. After ten years of this living semi-hell, the Orc outpost where the two lived was attacked by an army of humans and burned to the ground. Only two Orcs survived; Surgha and Ghorlorz. That battle was Surgha's first, and it did more than give him a few scars; it planted a seed of hatred in his heart. A hatred for humans.
The two made their way to a nearby mountain range, where a large cave-city of Orcs was. They settled there for a decade, Surgha finishing his training and becoming a full-fledged Orc warrior. Ghorlorz died a year later, and Surgha was named his sole heir. Taking his mentor's sword, Surgha left the cave-city. He became a mercenary, his loyalty going to the highest bidder. His hatred of humans diminished over the years to a deep mistrust. He has served in every race's military, including the humans', over the years and has studied the different tactics of each. Having done so, Surgha has become a master tactician. He has been contacted many times by the Eternal Council's Knightly Order to join their ranks, but he has refused all until now. Two months ago, the cave-city where Surgha's mentor died was destroyed by monsters. Surgha wants revenge. The Knightly Order might just be his only way to get vengeance.....

Wewubsyoudutch <---- Don't delete, it's for finding apps (and for making me feel better).

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:14 pm

For an orc I always expect people to look like something from Skyrim or the Uruk-Hai.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Omegaopterix
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Omegaopterix » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:43 pm

size=125]Application form[/size]
Name: Xiloza
Race: Formicidiae
Appearance: http://abelardo.deviantart.com/art/Dory ... -352344008
Personality: Cold, calculating, extremely loyal.
Personal belongings: Four bone swords and bone spear
Bio: Belonging to a mysterious race of giant, sentient ants, Xiloza grew up in a colony as a worker, slaving away for the queen and not having much general ambition of her own. Her hive was constantly at war with other colonies, and over the years, she became incredibly skilled in hand to hand combat. Little by little her hive came to dominate the others in the region, bringing a modicum of peace by creating much resentment amongst the vassal colonies.

One of the colonies decided to remedy this, and hiring a large army of monsters, they instigated a great rebellion that led to tens of thousands of deaths. Xiloza's hive was able to survive but its dominance was broken. Moreover, the monsters then started to run rampant in the land, throwing the entire land into a chaos far worse than anything that had been seen before.

During the war, Xiloza had been made a field general and her leadership experiences imparted on her a far more independent personality than what most Formicidiae exhibit. Once she was relieved of her command, Xiloza took it upon herself to leave the hive and to find an external solution to the destruction being wrought. She discovered the Knights of the Bloodied Order and decided that they were the best hope of ridding the land of monsters.
"They are everything and nothing, the many-angled ones, unknowable, timeless, eternal. They inhabit the Abyss, the gulf between what's said and what's understood, the place from whence stems all human suffering. Mankind can only trace their jagged silhouette around the shadow they cast across the world, They are famine, conflict, genocide, they are now and forever amen... and they're coming your way."

-Creed of The Corrupted

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 pm

I'll go through the apps later today, looks good.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 am

The Starlight wrote:Application form
Appearance:(Image)
Personality: Elvedui is serene and collected at most times with a love and protectiveness of nature, but fierce in battle. But he is also proud of his heritage, and hateful of orcs, though he may not show it.
Personal belongings: Plate armor(as shown in picture.) Silver and Blue cloak, 2 healing potions, one elvish longsword which belongs to the Telemnar family, though specifically Elvedui, named Vilvis. 5 medium sized bottles of mana, hidden on his person.Equipment, potions, and so forth. Casting spells required good 'ole mana. Elvish dagger in his boot, with a pistol on his hip. Silver horse named Adaneth.
Bio:
Elvedui was born to Lord Ranre who commands a medium sized fortress with a large garrison named Naridan, beside the sea. As the heir, Elvedui grew up privileged and trained in swordsmanship, which he soon became an expert of. He also discovered his magic ability, being able to create and wield light, along with lightning.

However, after some 70 years, he became tired of sitting around and as he was already a master swordsman, he set out into the world, learning multiple languages, the different cultures and honing his magic, along with learning every sword style, tip and trick known to the Empire of Hone. He fused all of these together to form his own fluid, strong and powerful style, using all of his skills to the fullest. After 10 years of wandering and learning from the best in the land, Elvedui joined the the Order of the Bloodied Martyr and soon became a distinguished Knight.

Accepted.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:34 am

Asyir wrote:(here goes nothing)

Application Form
Name:Ëmmïttyn Iron-Hand
Race:Dwarf
Appearance:

Personality:Ëmmïttyn Iron-Hand is known to be a ruthless dwarven field commander whom holds himself in high regards, and is incredibly arrogant. He thinks little of the other races, especially humans and elves. He fears no one, and will gladly fight with others to "knock them down a notch". Unlike most dwarves, he doesn't lust for gold and jewels, but rather craves power and authority.
Personal Belongings:Steel Bastard sword with a jeweled pommel and sheath. Steel plate armor. Steel gauntlets. Steel greaves and boots. A crossbow with a quiver of 24 bolts. A cloak bearing his family crest. 3 health potions.
Bio:
Born into a major dwarven noble house, Ëmmïttyn was destined for greatness. Although he was a cousin of Görmer Iron-Hand, the current head of the house, Ëmmïttyn was a far better tactician, fighter, speaker, and more diplomatically cunning. As such he was seen as the figure head of House Iron-Hand. Ëmmïttyn further increased his family's standing, by ruthlessly waging a war of intrigue against the other great houses, resulting in a massive power shift within the Dwarven City-State of Galädõn, nestled deep below in the caverns of the eastern mountains.

Leading a small force of house Iron-Hand guardsmen, Ëmmïttyn slaughtered the whole of house Bitter-Steel, and brought the other great houses into line. Ëmmïttyn however craved total power within his own house, and personally murdered his cousin Görmer and his family. With the whole of house Iron-Hand behind him, Ëmmïttyn established a Dwarven council within th weakened city state of Galädõn. Eventually, the trouble with the goblins began. Leading a dwarven force, Ëmmïttyn expelled the threat from the dwarven areas, but due to his ruthless nature, many dwarves fell in battle. Ëmmïttyn led expedition teams that destroyed the goblin breeding grounds within the eastern mountains, and was regarded as a hero. Craving more fame and power, Ëmmïttyn left to join the fabled Knights of the Bloodied Martyr, leaving house Iron-Hand to his son, Jüsticar II.

Wewubsyoudutch <---- Don't delete.

Accepted.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:37 am

Setinel wrote:Can I make an artificer?

:D

PWEEZE?

As in the D&D Class? Don't go all OP.
Diabolus Thronus wrote:Application form
Name: Surgha Xnurl
Race: Orc
Appearance: Surgha
Personality: Surgha is a warrior. His mind is either focusing on the battle at hand or preparing for the battle to come.
Personal belongings: Surgha typically wields a large hand-and-a-half sword, his brute strength and surprising agility protecting him more than any shield could. His armor is mostly leather straps and loose bands of cloth with several plates of actual armor on the left shoulder and thighs. He carries typically ten potions of healing and five of strength (whenever he drinks a potion of strength, he gains strength equal to that of ten Orcs, which is saying something).
Bio: Surgha Xnurl was raised by an Orc legend; Ghorlorz the Splintered Edge. Ghorlorz was known for his severely brutal tactics, and no one else knew that fact better than Surgha, who was regularly beaten senseless for the smallest things; he would let out a grunt of pain as he pulled a cart filled with boulders or he would slow down to a jog while sprinting through a mountain pass. After ten years of this living semi-hell, the Orc outpost where the two lived was attacked by an army of humans and burned to the ground. Only two Orcs survived; Surgha and Ghorlorz. That battle was Surgha's first, and it did more than give him a few scars; it planted a seed of hatred in his heart. A hatred for humans.
The two made their way to a nearby mountain range, where a large cave-city of Orcs was. They settled there for a decade, Surgha finishing his training and becoming a full-fledged Orc warrior. Ghorlorz died a year later, and Surgha was named his sole heir. Taking his mentor's sword, Surgha left the cave-city. He became a mercenary, his loyalty going to the highest bidder. His hatred of humans diminished over the years to a deep mistrust. He has served in every race's military, including the humans', over the years and has studied the different tactics of each. Having done so, Surgha has become a master tactician. He has been contacted many times by the Eternal Council's Knightly Order to join their ranks, but he has refused all until now. Two months ago, the cave-city where Surgha's mentor died was destroyed by monsters. Surgha wants revenge. The Knightly Order might just be his only way to get vengeance.....

Accepted.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:39 am

Omegaopterix wrote:size=125]Application form[/size]
Name: Xiloza
Race: Formicidiae
Appearance: http://abelardo.deviantart.com/art/Dory ... -352344008
Personality: Cold, calculating, extremely loyal.
Personal belongings: Four bone swords and bone spear
Bio: Belonging to a mysterious race of giant, sentient ants, Xiloza grew up in a colony as a worker, slaving away for the queen and not having much general ambition of her own. Her hive was constantly at war with other colonies, and over the years, she became incredibly skilled in hand to hand combat. Little by little her hive came to dominate the others in the region, bringing a modicum of peace by creating much resentment amongst the vassal colonies.

One of the colonies decided to remedy this, and hiring a large army of monsters, they instigated a great rebellion that led to tens of thousands of deaths. Xiloza's hive was able to survive but its dominance was broken. Moreover, the monsters then started to run rampant in the land, throwing the entire land into a chaos far worse than anything that had been seen before.

During the war, Xiloza had been made a field general and her leadership experiences imparted on her a far more independent personality than what most Formicidiae exhibit. Once she was relieved of her command, Xiloza took it upon herself to leave the hive and to find an external solution to the destruction being wrought. She discovered the Knights of the Bloodied Order and decided that they were the best hope of ridding the land of monsters.

In all honesty, I can't see this race working in any other way than monsters to kill.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:58 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Application form
Appearance:(Image)
Bio:

Accepted.

There's a lot of potential in interaction between Elvedui and Aerian.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:00 am

Quite.

My character(s) will be up today, as well as the map. I already have the map, just no names and locations on it yet.
With any luck the IC'll be up today, too.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:17 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Quite.

My character(s) will be up today, as well as the map. I already have the map, just no names and locations on it yet.
With any luck the IC'll be up today, too.

Put Westwood in the west.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:42 am

Application form
Name: Brynstan 'the Accursed'
Race: Human
Appearance: Brynstan has short, dark brown hair. His chin and cheeks are smoothly shaven. His left iris is brown, while his right iris is an intense dark gold. Still in his growth, his face and body are somewhere between that of a boy and a man. He boasts an excessive number of scars on his body, as if he had been involved in violent conflicts for over half a century, but these are no battle scars: they are torture scars. Brynstan wears normal, every-day clothes when not on a campaign, but otherwise wears the red-and-gray chainmail-and-leather armor given to him by the Order. His weapons are a dwarven-forged shortsword and a dagger, also both given to him by the Order. He wears a leather string around his neck holding a bronze wedding ring that had once belonged to his mother. He never takes this necklace off.
Personality: Seemingly wrapped inside an eternal depression, Brynstan is a quiet young man with few friends. Apathetic about virtually anything outside his duties within the Order, it is unlikely he will ever befriend anyone new. He is bright and sober, but very much cynical and tired in general, and hasn't got much confidence or hope in the future of the empire.
Personal belongings:
  • The red-and-gray chainmail-and-leather armor given to him by the Order;
  • The dwarven-forged shortsword and dagger given to him by the Order;
  • The leather string around his neck holding the bronze wedding ring that had once belonged to his mother.
Bio: For most of his life, Brynstan had been living the life of a knight's son in the small farmer's town of Willowbridge. His father was Sir Ferrand, a man well-known and well-liked by the inhabitants of Willowbridge and the surrounding villages: though he was a man sworn to a greater lord and had the responsibility to uphold and enforce the laws of the empire, he did so with fairness and kindness, and with the intention of protecting and guiding the common folk. Ferrand was married to Vanora, daughter of Willowbridge's magistrate. It was mostly a happy marriage, which ended in a brutal and violent manner.

Just a few weeks after Brynstan's 13th birthday, news arrived to Willowbridge about surrounding towns being raided by what were described as 'savages possessed by the Grand Corrupter himself'. Unbeknownst exactly what was meant by this but nevertheless determined to protect the inhabitants of Willowbridge, Sir Ferrand rode out together with part of Willowbridge's militia to one of the raided villages to find out who the raiders were. For several weeks he was gone until finally he returned, all by himself and without his horse. His knightly armor was dented and broken and covered in blood, as was his face, which showed fresh wounds of battle. It were his eyes, however, that startled the young Brynstan and his mother the most: his irises were an intense dark gold, which they had never been before, and the stare Sir Ferrand gave his wife as he strolled lifelessly into the village was so terrifying that she froze in place. Sir Ferrand quietly walked up to her, his eyes never letting go of her, and abruptly plunged his broken sword into her belly, killing her and Brynstan's unborn younger brother, while Brynstan couldn't do anything but watch. Afterwards, Sir Ferrand gave chase to Brynstan, who ran away after witnessing his mother's murder, as more golden-eyed people appeared from the woods, some familiar faces among them, and began to indiscriminately murder the town's inhabitants. It took less than an hour for Willowbridge to be no more but a burning shell of its former self, void of life.

Brynstan was taken to Ackermouth Hold, a castle that had formerly belonged to the region's noble lord, but which had now been taken over by a monstrous demon known as Ubalohr. Ubalohr had been forcefully fusing souls of human beings with demonic spirits, which was what had happened to Sir Ferrand and many others, turning them into lifeless puppets for Ubalohr's fiends. For the next three years, Brynstan became Ubalohr's personal guinea pig, suffering through hundreds of extremely painful and satanic experiments in Ubalohr's search to create the perfect demon-human-hybrid warrior. It was not until after he turned 16 that the Order of the Bloodied Martyr came and battled Ubalohr and his enslaved hybrids. The Order won, though Ubalohr and Brynstan's father had already departed long before the battle's end. When Brynstan was examined by the Order's healers, it was discovered that his soul had been fused together with that of a demonic spirit, though unlike with all the other possessed humans, Brynstan was still in control of himself. Not wanting a potential future possessed killer to walk around freely, but also not wanting to murder an innocent young man just because of what he might one day become, the Order decided to take him in. Brynstan has been with the Order since, serving as a squire to the Order's knights and warriors, and undergoing training to become a demon hunter like the rest of them.

Wewubsyoudutch
Last edited by Agadar on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 am

Accepted.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:51 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Accepted.

Great. Looking forward to this roleplay.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 am

Application form
Name: Athos "Silver-Tongue" Trelane

Race: Cursed Human

Appearance:

Height: 188 cm (6' 2'')
Weight: 80 kg (176)
Hair Color: Alabaster White
Eye Color: Dark Grey (Crimson Red when Turned)
Body Type: Tall, Lanky, Lightweight Boxer physic
Turned Form: A Large Black Bear

Personality:
Athos is quite mature compared to his older sister. He excells in everything related to his business and takes pride in that fact. He is a workaholic, and enjoys sharing his extensive knowledge with Petraeia who, even though she states she finds the subject dreary, is a quick study. Her additude towards business and other "spheres of mundanity" as she calls them, makes Athos give her less credit than she is due. In fact, she is competent in most fields, and quite the intellectual.

He is a naturally quiet and softspoken person, and has traveled alone for most of his recent life, so he doesn't always pick up social cues especially from his sister and other women. Both the former and the latter sometimes have to spell things out for Athos until he gets it. But when called for, he is quite the diplomat, and is usually the one inbetween a shouting match, keeping it from becoming a brawl. His appearence and items he carries, in comparison to his sister, are of practical nature when it comes to material possession. The same goes for his purse strings, as he does not purchase what he doesn't need. Athos tries to be a humble person, a honorable fighter and a fair tradesman, who takes his word seriously and keeps his promises as best as he can especially with those he cares for.

As with all Trelanes, the effects of the Degüello Curse from the Thule Society ceremony has tempered with his soul. The positive benifits of it include a extraordinary lifespan, enhanced senses and preformance ability, as well as a knack for genius. While not to the same extent as his sister or the other members of the Trelane family, a streak of evil intent is always present within him. While he has done better than most to fight it the temptation to indulge in his own dark road, the temptation for depravity follows him continously, like a unshakeable shadow. While he has not Turned in more than a century, partly due to the bloodlessness of his profession. Of course, the Degüello is but a ticking bomb. Eventually, it will build up to the point where it explodeds forth. And woe to all who are in the path of its wrath.

Personal belongings:
Weapons
Close-Melee: A Claymore-like single handed blade
Medium Range: Dual Tomahawks
Long Range: Four Flintlock pistols

Misc
1 x warhorse, by the name of Aprobaetus
1 x lute
7 x small bottles of mana stowed on his person, in his pack and in his saddle. Assorted potions, encantation scrolls, and posions are stowed in his saddle as well.
4 x books in pack. Subjects range from poerty, to economics, and music.
Whetstone and additional Flint
Assorted powder, shot, and bullet molder

Attire
1 x Set of Plate Armor
1 x Leather bandilor pistol rig
Default wear: A brown jacket, a white long sleeve shirt with a high collar and a green vest laced in the front, black pants, and brown leather riding boots.

Bio:

Athos is a twenty-five-year-old traveling peddler turned knight who used to go from town to town buying and selling various things in order to make a living. In the past, he was a soldier, a mercenary, and an aristocrat. He was born in the year 4044, to a moderatly wealthy noble family, the 2nd to last of six children, to Baron Totenkof (sitting center of picture) and Azalia Trelane (sitting right of picture) of Trelane Manor. His father was a founding member of the secret Thule Society, an organization of nobels, royals, and intellectuals dedicated to all things occult, particularly the area of dark magic, to advance their own earthly pursuits. What could go wrong right?

In the midst of one meeting, the Society intended to create a group of perfect warriors. Nearly invulnerable in battle by harnessing the power of feral animals, with the ability to live long past the age where normal warriors became old and frail, they would use this newly produced military might to lead a crusade of conquest across the world. It was called the Degüello Project. The side effects of the Degüello were not apparent at first, but after a time, it became unavoidablly clear. Exposure to the Degüello ceremony would give the benifits at the expense of a part of a persons soul. Repeated use of the Turning (the ability to use the animal transformation) would only speed up the process. Eventually, a permenant mark on a persons inner self woud happen, that would consume the persons remaining soul entirely pver the centuries if not addressed. Of course, no cure has been found, and more than likely never will.

Like all Trelanes before him, he took up the way of the warrior as soon as he was old enough to weild a sword. For nearly a hundred years, by rifle, pike, claw, and fangs, Athos joined his brothers and sisters in carving out a bloody and destructive path wherever the winds of war blew. Yesterdays allies would become todays enemies, and the benefactors of the past would become the targets of the future. Killing, be it for King, Country, God, or Gold. Whichever got him into the field faster. It was a way of life and it would seemingly be so forever.

Until he met a woman, quite a unremarkable person, except for the fact that she showed him there was more to life than mindless slaughter. Naturally, the members of the Thule Society did not wish to see their investment go to waste by the smooth-talk of a women, so arrangements were made to have her silenced and Athos return to the fold. The young man disagreed and rebelled. With extreme prejudice.

After what could only be described as a pitched battle of wits, words and weapons, Athos ran away from the estate and cut all ties with the Trelane family. He became an apprentice to a traveling merchant, and set out on his own a few years later. His goal in life is to gather enough money to start his own shop, but economic hard times have fallen upon Athos. Joining the Knights out of neccesity, he has distiguished himself in battle countless times, renowned for a ferocity and dedication in battle eerly unhuman. Beyond that, he has thus far managed to keep a low profile off the battlefield, keeping to himself beyond the polite hello and word or two to his comrades.

Application form
Name: Petraeia "The Grey" Trelane

Race: Cursed Human

Appearance:

Height: 178cm ( 5"10 )
Weight: 52kg ( 114 lbs )
Hair Color: Abalaster White
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue (Crimson Red when Turned)
Body Type: Lean muscled, Petite, Well-toned
Turned Form: A Large Grey Wolf

Personality:
Petraeia is often considered to be flirtatious and manipulative with those she meets. She mocks her younger brother, ribbing him to no end in a variety of subjects and ways. She alternates between the two extremes of being a cheerful, prank-prone scoundral, and a cold, calculating aristocrat. Both are false images, if well constructed. She is actually very soft on the inside and has a really deep fear of being purposeless, found inadequte, or being alone.

She is very competitive, sarcastic, battle hardened, battle hungry, psychotically humored, and easily-bored. She is undiplomatic, believing in the use of maniplulation, or if that fails, brute force and coercion to get her way. In contrast to this, she can be quite caring and protective of the things she attacts herself to. Though they are few and far between.

Thanks to the time spent with the Trelanes, the Degüello Curse, and her liberal use of Turning, she has become a merciless, but effective killer without a conscience. She will shoot, stab, and murder at the slightest provocation, including unarmed civilians. She takes maniacal glee in killing anyone she fights, whether its on the job or just for fun, and shows no remorese to those she considers enemies. Whilst appearing to be driven by general bloodlust, it is a symptom of the extended exposure she has had to the Curse.

Petraeia is a bit of an alcoholic, often drinking when having the chance to do so and usually getting drunk because of it. She is also somewhat of a glutton. Petaeia is a very proud person, with unquestionable loyalty to her family, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Thule Society, which presents her with divided loyalties that may cause her to rethink her position on everything.

Personal belongings:
Misc
1 x warhorse by the name of Dauntless
1 x deck of cards
3 x horns of high-grade liquor
Whetstone
Extra crossbow bolts
3 x large mana bottles
Assorted potions, poisons, and incantation scrolls.

Attire
1 x Double-padded leather jerkin, with chainmail bulking in between the pads.
2 x Plate armor leg greaves
2 x Plate armor arm greaves
Default: The fancy cloths as shown in the pictures

Weapons
Close-Melee: Duel, double-edge Tonfa Swords
Mid- Range: Several Sgian-like throwing knifes
Long Rang: Repeating Crossbrow

Bio:

Born in 3994, she was the third of the five Trelane children to be inducted into the Thule Society, and given the Degüello Curse. Along with her sibilings, she became the core for the Thule's military project. She and the older ones have been the most effective users of the benifits of the Curse, and have been indulged by the Society and their parents in return for their unflinching service.

After the family confrontation with Athos, Petraeia has been on the lookout for her long-lost brother over the last century. By happenstance, she heard of a similar looking man that had become a small time celebrity within the Knights due to his skills on the field of battle. Interested enough to pursue this lead, she signed up with the Knights, and is now making her way towards the last outpost which reported having a soldier similar to her brother posted at their local.

Her intentions are two fold: Protect her little brother, and bring him back to the fold. A none to easy task. But Petraeia is one of the Trelanes best.

Last edited by TriStates on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:10 am

Wouldn't your characters would be incredibly overburdened with all of those weapons.. Even with a horse?
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse