NATION

PASSWORD

What question do you want to ask AU?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:05 pm

I'm not sure if this question was asked before, so I'm sorry if I repeat anything. But what inspired you to make a mermaid goddess?

EDIT: To answer BN's question, I have two explanations why one that is a non-lore explanation and the other a lore related explanation.

Non-Lore- I had no idea it was a caribou, I thought it was just a deer and thought it would be cool to have one on a flag.

Lore- The Native people of Aeritai use to worship deers as they saw them as guardian spirits. After the Spanish and British came to the continent the native religion got replaced with Christianity. Despite deers no longer being worshipped many natives still saw deers as important creatures in their culture. When the Kurono Civil Rights movement happen, the Aeritaian Parliament decided to put the deer on the flag to show that the government respects the native population.
Last edited by Aeritai on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Gankands
Secretary

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gankands » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Aeritai wrote:I'm not sure if this question was asked before, so I'm sorry if I repeat anything. But what inspired you to make a mermaid goddess?

Why the caribou?

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Gankands wrote:
Aeritai wrote:I'm not sure if this question was asked before, so I'm sorry if I repeat anything. But what inspired you to make a mermaid goddess?

Why the caribou?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeere's the sig?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:23 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10, how many nations on F7 do you consider to be inspired by fanfiction or are blatantly original fanfiction of existing franchises?
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Gankands
Secretary

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gankands » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Atheris wrote:
Gankands wrote:
Why the caribou?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeere's the sig?

Look at my factbooks. I barely have enough ideas for some things, and they get stored in a catch-all factbook. You say in your signature that signatures are too small. Why would I force out creativity on something small that no one will ever look at because of the font size and my insignificance on NationStates?

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Las Palmeras wrote:On a scale of 1 to 10, how many nations on F7 do you consider to be inspired by fanfiction or are blatantly original fanfiction of existing franchises?

*ahem*

Let's see...

I'd say a good 7/10. Most might not be blatantly fanfiction or based off of any franchises, but they certainly invoke tropes of fanfiction that I've seen, especially nations like Wuchu and Bloodshade.

/skip
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Atheris wrote:I'd say a good 7/10. Most might not be blatantly fanfiction or based off of any franchises, but they certainly invoke tropes of fanfiction that I've seen, especially nations like Wuchu and Bloodshade.

/skip

Ah, thanks! /Stillme, just a reminder
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.

Zaviana
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaviana » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Las Palmeras wrote:
Atheris wrote:I'd say a good 7/10. Most might not be blatantly fanfiction or based off of any franchises, but they certainly invoke tropes of fanfiction that I've seen, especially nations like Wuchu and Bloodshade.

/skip

Why is your nation located in the middle of the Atlantic ocean?
Consider this my friends. Is Muffin = Cupcake - Icing?

Hamatu
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamatu » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm

I don't remember, honestly. I think it was just a gradual process from having Hamatu shift from being just an underground country to being an underwater underground country, and Ilitu just sorta changed along the way, from being a water goddess who basically looked human, to being a mermaid goddess of leadership.

skip me

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:33 pm

Zaviana wrote:

It was originally set in the Caribbean but the plot made it mandatory that I locate it closer to Europe for things related to island hopping around Macaronesia and sea-exploration before the 15th Century. Also because I like teasing over the idea whether LP is Atlantis or not, being beyond the "Pillars of Hercules" and all.

Naturally, this doesn't obey the geographic conventions of real life but ultra-realism can be boring./SKIP ME
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm

This is getting very messy with skip me's. An edit to your original post would be neater, people!

Zaviana wrote:
Las Palmeras wrote:

What inspired your national anthem, and any idea how it might sound like? ^^
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Slayers Republic
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Slayers Republic » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:27 pm

There was no reason

Are you from the BeNeLux?
СМЕРТЬ
ТЕМ, КТО СТОЯТ НА ПУТИ СВОБОДЫ
БОГ С НАМИ В НАШЕЙ БОРЬБЕ ЗА СВОБОДУ
“Either Jake is becoming more irrelevant or abortion rates are going up.”- Diesel Patches
Random nobody with bad takes.
High rate of sanity lost per day, along with the terrible RP posts every 1-2 weeks.
fuckin v i b e
Death to NSG.
A nation based in the DOOM universe that was founded off of small communities of survivors during the Invasion of Earth, founded by none other than the fucking Doom Slayer himself.

braindead libertarian gloomer with an itch for C O N Q U E S T

Artsakh is Armenian, HHDI.

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:51 am

Hamatu wrote:AN: Sorry, I'm not sure if you forgot to put your 'skip' down, but you didn't ask a question, so I'll do NW instead.

New Wolvers wrote:How come you are always a great person to talk to? And where do you get all the fantasy?

1. What video games are you a fan of?
2. I've gotten a lot of questions like this, so I'm not sure if you've gotten asked this before, but what got you into werewolves?

1) I am a fan of a lot of videogames, however, I am a huge fan of Team Fortress 2. It technically gave me a life as well. Then Fallout and old GTA Games are my favorite games as well, along with skyrim. And The Sims.
2) I am not sure, i loved them ever since when I was a kid. And if you ask me, I do still wish to be a werewolf. And probably will wish that until the day I will die.

The Slayers Republic wrote:There was no reason

Are you from the BeNeLux?

Talking about BeNeLux: does anyone know the existence of German Belgium? Or is it like a meme?
II Wiki page of the Nation
Embassy Program (closed)
NS Stats are Russian propaganda
NWFNews 24 (not active) | I make designs only when in mood
Currently set in: Present days with FT stuff.
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:59 am

unless you're talking about the German occupation of Belgium during WW2, I'm not sure.

have you had enough water today
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:43 am

To answer that question, nope, I'm not from BeNeLux. I do wish I visit there one day, of course!

Which part of NS you enjoy the most? There has to be a place that you feel right at home. ♥

-----

BN: I have my fair share of days that could turn really, really crappy. I have a bad way of letting them out, which would result in venting or ranting at something so minute and insignificant. Recently, I took up a thing where I would write an angry letter to no one and throw it away. Either that, or I just take a shower, play a video game, etc... just something that helps me to prove that it's not worth getting mad over.

And as much as 2020 is a crappy year, and I would not wish it on my worst enemy, I believe that we still have a chance. That, and while the worst of humanity is at show according to some, the best of humanity also still shines, and you can see small but compassionate actions across the world. We just really didn't pay mind to them for the most parts, which I believe that we should!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:44 am

How can you stay so wholesome and positive? Real life has been shitty enough that it's quite hard not to be at least a bit cynical
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

The Slayers Republic
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Slayers Republic » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:42 am

Nacrad wrote:How can you stay so wholesome and positive? Real life has been shitty enough that it's quite hard not to be at least a bit cynical

It's simple, you must look at dog pictures for hours upon hours

Do you like ham
СМЕРТЬ
ТЕМ, КТО СТОЯТ НА ПУТИ СВОБОДЫ
БОГ С НАМИ В НАШЕЙ БОРЬБЕ ЗА СВОБОДУ
“Either Jake is becoming more irrelevant or abortion rates are going up.”- Diesel Patches
Random nobody with bad takes.
High rate of sanity lost per day, along with the terrible RP posts every 1-2 weeks.
fuckin v i b e
Death to NSG.
A nation based in the DOOM universe that was founded off of small communities of survivors during the Invasion of Earth, founded by none other than the fucking Doom Slayer himself.

braindead libertarian gloomer with an itch for C O N Q U E S T

Artsakh is Armenian, HHDI.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:43 am

The Slayers Republic wrote:
Nacrad wrote:How can you stay so wholesome and positive? Real life has been shitty enough that it's quite hard not to be at least a bit cynical

It's simple, you must look at dog pictures for hours upon hours

Do you like ham

Which Doom do you play the most?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

The Giant Space Wyrm
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Giant Space Wyrm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:52 am

"Why are you called Free Ravensburg?"

-OOC
Shower Thoughts Updated OCT/16
"Theirs been rumors that our Legion eats babies. This is of course reductive. We don't just eat babies. We eat literally anything that we can sink our teeth in, we don't care if your a newborn or elderly, you're on the menu."
"Lives are like currency, and we have a lot of disposable income."
Essentially Eldritch Mr. Rogers.
Q & A
Puppet: Comerciante

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:54 am

The Giant Space Wyrm wrote:"Why are you called Free Ravensburg?"

-OOC

How many wyrms could a wyrmchuck chuck if a wyrmchuck could chuck wyrms?
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:19 am

Kiu Ghesik wrote:
The Giant Space Wyrm wrote:"Why are you called Free Ravensburg?"

-OOC

How many wyrms could a wyrmchuck chuck if a wyrmchuck could chuck wyrms?

So.... am I wrong or you basically updated the period where your tribal nation lives in?
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:42 am

New Wolvers wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:How many wyrms could a wyrmchuck chuck if a wyrmchuck could chuck wyrms?

So.... am I wrong or you basically updated the period where your tribal nation lives in?

Nope. Never changed the time period.

/skip
Last edited by Kiu Ghesik on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:28 am

New Wolvers wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:How many wyrms could a wyrmchuck chuck if a wyrmchuck could chuck wyrms?

How's the workshop coming along?
#FreeNSGRojava

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:38 am

Atheris wrote:
New Wolvers wrote:So.... am I wrong or you basically updated the period where your tribal nation lives in?

not gonna lie: i am scared. The next update is very soon, and I am very, very afraid of not getting something in. Again.
/skip
Embassy Program (closed)
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

Century Bay
Civilian

Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Century Bay » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:52 am

Atheris wrote:
New Wolvers wrote:So.... am I wrong or you basically updated the period where your tribal nation lives in?

Why are you using a meme account?
Looking for something that isn’t your typical boring af and needlessly restrictive NS Discord server? Well then! Join the UIA Discord today! Where every day is a new experience! with the possibility of being a detriment to your mental health

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7