NATION

PASSWORD

Zitravgrad (and Puppets) Inquiries Office [Q&A | IC & OOC]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Knessniet
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am

"I'm thinking about reclaiming some of the colonies. You see, they were more like tributaries and had near full autonomy, but some fell to revolution of some kind, and stopped payments. Technically, since they did not formally terminate the agreement, I have cause for war to reclaim unpaid dues. What are your thoughts on this? Am I justified?"
- Marshal H.P. Bevington, Regent of Knessniet

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:35 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:''Our world has been considered as ''United'' for a few days already - demobilization in some countries is already underway. However, we still remain highly on alert, and I am not sure, if we have experienced the hardest yet. What do you think about world dominance plans?''
Kian Kirk, Tom's secretary

"World domination? It is also called the gratification of one's ego, I'm afraid. While I comprehend hegemonic rule, the assertion of complete control onto the whole world is a diabolical plot -- superfluous and wasteful. Not to mention the fact that one has to bring war and plight across the planet to achieve this goal. For us, there are only Zitravgrad and Zitravgradians."
- Kazimir Ivanovich Miroslavsky, Premier of Zitravgrad

Knessniet wrote:"I'm thinking about reclaiming some of the colonies. You see, they were more like tributaries and had near full autonomy, but some fell to revolution of some kind, and stopped payments. Technically, since they did not formally terminate the agreement, I have cause for war to reclaim unpaid dues. What are your thoughts on this? Am I justified?"
- Marshal H.P. Bevington, Regent of Knessniet

"I understand your frustration. But you are asking this question to an administration that shook its shackles and ran away from its long-time home in the Kozavian Empire no more than a decade ago. The fact that the regimes in those colonies are no longer loyal should suffice in stating that no agreement between the Grand Duchy and those breakaway states will be honored. Moreover, it appears that Knessniet's bureaucratic failure has left this issue standing far too long. I simply do not agree with your reasoning."
- Adam Yanovich Dresvyanin, Prime Minister of Zitravgrad
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Knessniet
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 am

OOC: I am currently trying to draw up the universe Knessniet is in. I have a few ideas so far. Namely, that the Qing Dynasty lasts up until when Mao would overthrow the nationalists, and that Knessniet took over many colonies that would have been British, German, or Imperial Tribuatries of China. One idea I have been considering is actually making Thailand a former Knessian colony. As someone very familiar with Thailand and Thai culture, how do you think that would go? Would the people assimilate with their new 'forceful friend'? Or would it be like Napoleon in the Peninsular War?

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:37 am

Knessniet wrote:OOC: I am currently trying to draw up the universe Knessniet is in. I have a few ideas so far. Namely, that the Qing Dynasty lasts up until when Mao would overthrow the nationalists, and that Knessniet took over many colonies that would have been British, German, or Imperial Tribuatries of China. One idea I have been considering is actually making Thailand a former Knessian colony. As someone very familiar with Thailand and Thai culture, how do you think that would go? Would the people assimilate with their new 'forceful friend'? Or would it be like Napoleon in the Peninsular War?

OOC: As Thailand has never been an actual colony before, only under foreign influence, I cannot really predict the reaction of the people. It also depends on the time and era Knessniet approached Thailand. But if I have to place an answer, the Siamese people were like to assimilate, but not completely, and would take the chance to call for independence at the same time to its Southeast Asian neighbors (i.e. Vietnam, Cambodia) and would become a piece in "Communist domino game" during the Cold War.

This is even more important than the whole colonial era Thailand would fall beneath. Without a conservative, independent Kingdom of Thailand to stop the domino game, Thailand was more likely to struggle for independence by the same means to its neighbors -- Communist insurgents. If Thailand managed to slip off the Knessian colonial empire, the Thailand "domino" would fall and cause the rest of dominos to fall. The rest of Southeast Asian would turn red. If your canon features the Cold War, that would be how the Soviet Union waved its banner over Southeast Asia.
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 pm

"Salutations, comrades. We are here today to inform you that the Third Five-Year Plan will be released at the end of the month. Questions concerning new policies are welcome."
- The Kremlin's Press

Knessniet
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 pm

"Might I inquire about the tactics used by your army? As an infantry commander, I always used the sheer weight of numbers, as whenever I fought we had plentiful numbers of conscripted criminals, volunteers, or levied peasants. We would bombard an enemy position heavily with artillery, bombs, gas, and fire, and then would send a horde of massed peasantry to swarm the broken defenders. In defensive engagements, we would have the peasants dig massive earthworks, entrenchments, redoubts, and obstacles. Then, we would use our veterans to slaughter the enemy while they got stuck on the defenses... Oh, I'm sorry. I get excited when I talk about this sort of thing. Anyway, what do you folks do?"
- Marshal Howard P. Bevington, Regent of Knessniet

OOC: Considering your interest in the Napoleonic Wars, have you ever read the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell?
Last edited by Knessniet on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:56 am

"Greetings, my good sir. My name is Oleksandr Vitalijovych Kyrychenko, the new Minister of Defense from the newly-arranged Cabinet. I am now entrusted with the majority of military-related questions, although you can still expect to meet Zhuikov, Kireyakov, and Pakhomova at times according to the context of the questions."
"Let us discuss this as one gentleman to another, Marshal. Number is not something Zitravgrad can provide, especially after two large wars and a period of great troubles before the nation stabilized, which we refer to as the post-revolution era. Our Armed Forces are already the milking too much out of the workforce as we speak -- a mix of volunteers and conscripts 500,000 men strong for a nation with 14,000,000 in population. Hence, number is not our priority. It is in stealth, shock, speed, and sometimes sheer mad courage. So it was once said that it is a grief mistake to bring cavalry to battle without infantry support. Here, I'm afraid it is 'try to take your tanks out with support in the air'. Having units both on land and on air is a general strategy we abide by, as the land units can root out air defense while the air units can take care of enemy land units. Speed is the key here. We expect that the jet fighters take the air before the tanks take the ground. Infantry will follow through later. In our offensive operations, we need more brain than brawn. We always try to make full use of reconnaissance before planning every strike and attack before we are expected, from as many directions as possible. Our army specializes not only in fast-paced battles but also guerilla warfare, as seen from our infamous partisan movements."
"Our defensive operations often play on the environment. Yes, we still have the traditional barbed wires and earthwork. But what's more important is hiding as much weapon as possible. This leads to extensive research about camouflage, mirage, and disguise. We don't run, but we hide well, maybe a bit too well. Our defense's main objective is to wear out the enemy before we can round them with killing machines of sort. Regardless of anything, our Army will grind long and hard until it achieves its objectives, but we play it smart as well. We have a rather modest army, hence a commander who suffers great loss will rarely be tolerated. Thank you for your question. It has been an interesting discussion."

- Oleksandr Vitalijovych Kyrychenko, Minister of Defense

Knessniet wrote:OOC: Considering your interest in the Napoleonic Wars, have you ever read the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell?

OOC: I do know the series, but I have not read it. I do not generally read historical fictions, except War and Peace and Napoleon and Blucher. (The latter is a very little-known one.) I am interested mostly in biographies and other non-fiction books. Still, I do watch some movies like Waterloo (1970) or Hussar Ballad (1962).

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:58 am

"Zdrastvyete, comrades. If you have any question about our United Federation, feel free to drop the questions here at any time."
- The Kremlin's Press

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 am

Zitravgrad wrote:"Zdrastvyete, comrades. If you have any question about our United Federation, feel free to drop the questions here at any time."
- The Kremlin's Press

(//OOC: I love how you bump the thread without it actually looking like bumping :p)
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 am

Frievolk wrote:
Zitravgrad wrote:"Zdrastvyete, comrades. If you have any question about our United Federation, feel free to drop the questions here at any time."
- The Kremlin's Press

(//OOC: I love how you bump the thread without it actually looking like bumping :p)

{OOC: Because making a post with just the word 'bump' feels a bit empty imo. :p )

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 am

Ahh, one question from the curious time-and-space traveller, haha! In your world, did Chernobyl go through a nuclear disaster? Were there S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (s) running around? STALKER is this series of games.

If this did not happen, were there any other nuclear disasters that resulted in unimaginable horror lurking about?

- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Eveline Celinda Sammy Wt. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Allison
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 am

"............."
"I do not quite know which world you are confusing Gaia for, because the name Chernobyl simply does not exist. We have four cities that take care of nuclear power plants -- Stravoy, Novgolny, Davazha, and Prynoz. None of them had any major incident and they all are still in use until nuclear power is expected to become obsolete in 2030."
"The only remarkable nuclear disaster we have been talking about is the Nuclear War of 1994 -- the most intense 5-week in history. This creates three zones of "nuclear wastelands" we show in our map (although those maps are going to be obsolete themselves). Stalkers? Yes? I believe that there is a band of people who spend a lot of time near the zones to hunt the mutants and to survey the ground. However, they are not allowed to settle inside the zones. We have founded the Wasteland Authority to oversee the zones and control the pests. Anyway, the Wasteland Authority is a branch of the Ministry of Internal Affairs."

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:48 am

Zitravgrad wrote:"............."
"I do not quite know which world you are confusing Gaia for, because the name Chernobyl simply does not exist. We have four cities that take care of nuclear power plants -- Stravoy, Novgolny, Davazha, and Prynoz. None of them had any major incident and they all are still in use until nuclear power is expected to become obsolete in 2030."
"The only remarkable nuclear disaster we have been talking about is the Nuclear War of 1994 -- the most intense 5-week in history. This creates three zones of "nuclear wastelands" we show in our map (although those maps are going to be obsolete themselves). Stalkers? Yes? I believe that there is a band of people who spend a lot of time near the zones to hunt the mutants and to survey the ground. However, they are not allowed to settle inside the zones. We have founded the Wasteland Authority to oversee the zones and control the pests. Anyway, the Wasteland Authority is a branch of the Ministry of Internal Affairs."

Ooooh, my mistake for that, thank you very much for the answer! Apparently SOMEONE didn't read the Zitravgradian lore deeply enough and embarrassed me in the international grounds!

So there IS something similar, except that it is not the same name and all as the real- ... other... other worlds, yes. You didn't hear that slip.

- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Eveline Celinda Sammy Wt. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Allison
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:44 am

What do you think about the recent developments in our world's Empire of Japan? Apparently, the Emperor issued an edict forbidding right wing parties with militarist agendas from participating in future elections. These parties want to force the Emperor to scrap the present system where the elected government manages civillian affairs, and a Shogunate comprising of ancient regent families control the military. They also seek to use a military solution against the authoritarian North China, and also wants to reconquer North Korea(its more democratic and prosperous compared to RL, South Korea is a Japanese territory ).
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

What do you think of our political system?
Its not democratic, not fully authoritarian, has socialist aspects, among others.
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:17 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:What do you think about the recent developments in our world's Empire of Japan? Apparently, the Emperor issued an edict forbidding right wing parties with militarist agendas from participating in future elections. These parties want to force the Emperor to scrap the present system where the elected government manages civillian affairs, and a Shogunate comprising of ancient regent families control the military. They also seek to use a military solution against the authoritarian North China, and also wants to reconquer North Korea(its more democratic and prosperous compared to RL, South Korea is a Japanese territory ).

"Democratic, but banning 'dangerous' parties. This hits close to home. I might not be a 'rightist' as such, but I do relate to the nationalist sentiment. It exists in every nation, but some are more dangerous than the other. There is within us a dream of security and glory. Shutting them down in a swift, forceful move might lead to an equally strong retaliation. But I also understand why the Imperial Court's decision came to be -- it might be that the Emperor might have perceived those parties as a threat to democracy itself. I am not entirely disappointed by the decision, but I am not congratulating it as a genius maneuver or anything. It is all in his power and a man shall do what he ought to do to preserve his power. Certainly, he has done the exact thing he needs to do to preserve his democratic regime without allowing it to fall into the hands of militaristic ultranationalists. What can I say? I wish him well... and safe from future movements of those now-suppressed parties."

Hystaria wrote:What do you think of our political system?
Its not democratic, not fully authoritarian, has socialist aspects, among others.

"And this came from the exact same man who called us 'political creatures'. Your government probes into people's lives as much as we do. We would say we are the same... but we aren't. We are freer at something and more restricted at others, but we will never ever let a person have the name of a monarch on our soil again. That is all we can tell you, for your information appears limited."

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:22 am

Zitravgrad wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:What do you think about the recent developments in our world's Empire of Japan? Apparently, the Emperor issued an edict forbidding right wing parties with militarist agendas from participating in future elections. These parties want to force the Emperor to scrap the present system where the elected government manages civillian affairs, and a Shogunate comprising of ancient regent families control the military. They also seek to use a military solution against the authoritarian North China, and also wants to reconquer North Korea(its more democratic and prosperous compared to RL, South Korea is a Japanese territory ).

"Democratic, but banning 'dangerous' parties. This hits close to home. I might not be a 'rightist' as such, but I do relate to the nationalist sentiment. It exists in every nation, but some are more dangerous than the other. There is within us a dream of security and glory. Shutting them down in a swift, forceful move might lead to an equally strong retaliation. But I also understand why the Imperial Court's decision came to be -- it might be that the Emperor might have perceived those parties as a threat to democracy itself. I am not entirely disappointed by the decision, but I am not congratulating it as a genius maneuver or anything. It is all in his power and a man shall do what he ought to do to preserve his power. Certainly, he has done the exact thing he needs to do to preserve his democratic regime without allowing it to fall into the hands of militaristic ultranationalists. What can I say? I wish him well... and safe from future movements of those now-suppressed parties."

Hystaria wrote:What do you think of our political system?

"And this came from the exact same man who called us 'political creatures'. Your government probes into people's lives as much as we do. We would say we are the same... but we aren't. We are freer at something and more restricted at others, but we will never ever let a person have the name of a monarch on our soil again. That is all we can tell you, for your information appears limited."

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hystaria/detail=factbook/id=1105311
i was meaning for a governmental question, we have the information here. also in this it shows that our "Restrictive laws" are more for outsiders. I don't really see the real totalitarian thing, unless you consider how we try to make foreigners Hystarian.
Last edited by Hystaria on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am

(OOC:I am thinking about making a Japanese puppet. BTW, long time no see, are you well?)

What do you think about the unique system of governence of Japan? Apparenty, the elected government, with its leader as the Prime Minister, mainly handles civillian affairs. But the military is run by the Imperial Shogunate comprising of ancient regent families, with its leader, the Shogun, directly appointed by the Emperor. Although the Shogunate is dependent on the elected Diet over Constitutional Law and budget, it can be called somewhat independent. But both of these organisations operate with the consent and in the name of the Emperor. The Emperor is also the chief meditator in case of conflicts between the Diet and the Shogunate
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 am

Hystaria wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hystaria/detail=factbook/id=1105311
i was meaning for a governmental question, we have the information here. also in this it shows that our "Restrictive laws" are more for outsiders. I don't really see the real totalitarian thing, unless you consider how we try to make foreigners Hystarian.

Thank you but I made my reply based on that factbook. Well now. I will explain what I understood after reading it.
    1) You mention that "parties are gone", then list 10 political movements, 4 of which are called 'parties'.
    2) I do recognize you have elections. So does Zitravgrad, thus why the Premier implies "we could be the same but aren't".
    3) It is strange for a democratic nation to describe itself as an 'autocracy' (which you do in the policies). An autocratic nation has no election at all. Did you by any chance mean 'aristocracy', then?
    4) "The government can block marriage and recommend some." This is beyond any government's duty.
    5) People usually consider that making babies from VATS is something from a dystopian nation.
    6) Same with prohibition and smoking ban. People will see these as a violation of their civil rights even if you 'mean well' to them.
    7) Autarky is fine... but it adds to the atmosphere that you are an isolationist nation.

All these put together do not make for a bright, happy nation for most people. This is almost totalitarianism if you did not have elections.

Bengal and Assam wrote:(OOC:I am thinking about making a Japanese puppet. BTW, long time no see, are you well?)

What do you think about the unique system of governence of Japan? Apparenty, the elected government, with its leader as the Prime Minister, mainly handles civillian affairs. But the military is run by the Imperial Shogunate comprising of ancient regent families, with its leader, the Shogun, directly appointed by the Emperor. Although the Shogunate is dependent on the elected Diet over Constitutional Law and budget, it can be called somewhat independent. But both of these organisations operate with the consent and in the name of the Emperor. The Emperor is also the chief meditator in case of conflicts between the Diet and the Shogunate

(OOC: A bit downer recently, but overall good.)

"Separating the military from the government's reach is a double-edge knife. On the bright side, leaving soldiers in the hand of soldiers seems ideal. But it can be a knife against the throat of the civilian government. Of course, the Shogunate might appear dependent in the bureaucratic sense, with its obligation to comply to the Constitution. However, the likeminded people inspire greater actions when put together -- whether it is a good idea or not. Separation of the Diet and the Shogunate can alienate them from each other. It is a mediocre system made to appease the old families in my opinion."

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 am

Zitravgrad wrote:
Hystaria wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hystaria/detail=factbook/id=1105311

Thank you but I made my reply based on that factbook. Well now. I will explain what I understood after reading it.
    1) You mention that "parties are gone", then list 10 political movements, 4 of which are called 'parties'.
    2) I do recognize you have elections. So does Zitravgrad, thus why the Premier implies "we could be the same but aren't".
    3) It is strange for a democratic nation to describe itself as an 'autocracy' (which you do in the policies). An autocratic nation has no election at all. Did you by any chance mean 'aristocracy', then?
    4) "The government can block marriage and recommend some." This is beyond any government's duty.
    5) People usually consider that making babies from VATS is something from a dystopian nation.
    6) Same with prohibition and smoking ban. People will see these as a violation of their civil rights even if you 'mean well' to them.
    7) Autarky is fine... but it adds to the atmosphere that you are an isolationist nation.

All these put together do not make for a bright, happy nation for most people. This is almost totalitarianism if you did not have elections.

Bengal and Assam wrote:(OOC:I am thinking about making a Japanese puppet. BTW, long time no see, are you well?)

(OOC: A bit downer recently, but overall good.)

"Separating the military from the government's reach is a double-edge knife. On the bright side, leaving soldiers in the hand of soldiers seems ideal. But it can be a knife against the throat of the civilian government. Of course, the Shogunate might appear dependent in the bureaucratic sense, with its obligation to comply to the Constitution. However, the likeminded people inspire greater actions when put together -- whether it is a good idea or not. Separation of the Diet and the Shogunate can alienate them from each other. It is a mediocre system made to appease the old families in my opinion."

1.Sorry for that, that was a mistake of time, I've been on here nearly a year, and my nation has changed. Its a relic of the Generator era.

3. its that the upper house is elected by the lower house and has more power than the lower house should have, such as having a minister of order, etc.

4. Its mostly against forced marriages, or ones that the partner has been lying, etc. Or that they are marring for asylum than Love.

5. That was made during an era were after an attack of another nation with nuclear weapons landing on Hystarian Ground, making most Hystarians Infertile, the vats were made to give parents children, etc. and the vats arent used as often as we have made the current Hystarian's fertility to normal levels.

6 That is similar to Ancient China and the opium ban, we just dont want these drugs into our society. Even before the ban, when we were a colony Hystarians hated Alcohol and Tobacco, because those were the symbols of how Hystaria is under Imperial Rule.

7. Yet we absorb as many refugees and we interact with south America and in general the southern Hemisphere.
(Done)
Last edited by Hystaria on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Hystaria wrote:1.Sorry for that, that was a mistake of time, I've been on here nearly a year, and my nation has changed. Its a relic of the Generator era.

3. its that the upper house is elected by the lower house and has more power than the lower house should have, such as having a minister of order, etc.

4. Its mostly against forced marriages, or ones that the partner has been lying, etc. Or that they are marring for asylum than Love.

5. That was made during an era were after an attack of another nation with nuclear weapons landing on Hystarian Ground, making most Hystarians Infertile, the vats were made to give parents children, etc. and the vats arent used as often as we have made the current Hystarian's fertility to normal levels.

6 That is similar to Ancient China and the opium ban, we just dont want these drugs into our society. Even before the ban, when we were a colony Hystarians hated Alcohol and Tobacco, because those were the symbols of how Hystaria is under Imperial Rule.

7. Yet we absorb as many refugees and we interact with south America and in general the southern Hemisphere.
(Done)

Well... Now that you have fleshed out much of the explanation for yourself, put them in the factbook. In the same government factbook if needs be. You cannot just leave incomplete information for people to comment on and be mad at them when they miss minor details later. Also, I do not have to necessarily agree that your state is without flaws. I will just take in the information you give away and process it with my opinions. If you intend to tell something, state in the factbooks. Edit it now so you don't forget.

Knessniet
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:13 pm

"So, I have a problem. I have done nothing but rework the military so far, but I don't now what to do next. Any idea?"
- Marshal Howard P. Bevington, Regent of Knessniet

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:51 am

"Well... I do quite understand that your Excellency is a man of military affairs. However, I also believe that your duty as the Regent involves every aspect of the state affairs. Your Excellency might wish to consider a plan for the improvement of healthcare and education. Right, this might be under the Church's authority... but I cannot see why you cannot support these important sectors. Consider alleviating the enlightenment and the longevity of your subjects a charity. If not, you might as well want to survey the country for... more trivial issues. I speak from experience, of course. I am not the type of person who would suggest anyone something I cannot or have not done myself."
"If there is anything we can assist, please do contact our embassy and the Blue Cross International in your nation."

Provostock
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Provostock » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 am

"Greetings, I am Doge Gallus Avenicci. I have decided to reach out to you on the recommendation of our longstanding trade partner Knessniet. My dear friend Marshal Bevington has informed me that you are decent people and socialists. While I had no idea that combination is possible, it would be churlish to not give it a shot. So, it is a pleasure to introduce myself."
- Doge Gallus Avenicci

OOC: I created this puppet about an hour ago. It's meant to show my political opinions in the form of a city-state republic akin to the Italian mercantile republics.
The player behind Knessniet presents
The Most Serene Republic of Provostock
La Serenissima Repubblica di Provossa

A city-state republic based on the mercantile republics of Italy and the player's political views.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 am

"Greetings, your Excellency. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. Although we have not heard much about you from our mutual friend, we trust that we can come to an agreement of any sort with your respectable nation."

"Likewise, it is a pleasure to meet you. From our information, it appears that your nation is not overly open to the world. Hence, it is an honor to receive you today."

"............"

"What else?"

"It's done... we wait for them to reply."

"Ah..."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information