NATION

PASSWORD

Forum 7's Factbook Contest!

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grand Finale!

Poll ended at Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 am

Overview Category - Zitravgrad – Bureau of the Premier & Office of the Prime Minister | Custom Overview - Policy - NS Stats
7%
History Category - Synne Industries – Sun Never Sets [ACT 2]
10%
Geography Category - Khoronzon – The World
17%
Military Category - Synne Industries – Providence
3%
Leaders Category - Zitravgrad – Kremlin's Dispatch #01 (Part 1/2) - Premier Kazimir I. Miroslavsky
30%
Misc. Category - Surrealist Patagonia – Death of the Patron - The Breakaway States of Patagonia (1976)
33%

Total votes : 30

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 am

With a 3-3, we have a tie! Nice one! ^^ Though the voting turnout is weirdly fluctuating. I am sorry for the delay once again, had an exam today and just slept.

Next up, we have:

Surrealist PatagoniaDeath of the Patron - The Breakaway States of Patagonia (1976)
SanghyeokChairwoman Oomiya Sakura's Favourite Things

Good luck! ♥
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:48 am

I like how mixed-up this category has been... because now we are seeing a factbook about how a nation of pure chaos breaking down into even more profoundly chaotic version of itself running against a factbook listing a lady's cute and soft favorite things.

As much as I can relate with soft, fluffy-wuffy stuff IRL, I still find Surrealist Patagonia's contents more appealing and more like the things I logged into this cursed website to see. Moreover, SP's selection of colors and graphics is quite a charm and his writing has both intensive worldbuilding and personal flair in it.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:37 am

Ohh, scheisse. It's late again, but here you go! 13-1, Patagonia took the win! Congratulations! Don't be disheartened, for there are other opportunities. ♥

With that, we have the next one!

Synne IndustriesNS stats, what is and what ain't
ElvecticaFrontpage

Good luck! :D
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:57 am

With an 1-5, Elvectica takes the win this time! Great effort from both players, nonetheless! ♥

Next up, we have:

Kyoki ChudokuAozoratarianism
Wuchuvoid1.html

Good luck! ^_~
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:12 am

I have to do this right now, sorry about that! It's 3 brackets away, but I will be off to conscript (National Service... NS, hehe) tomorrow, and for the next 19 days, I will not be around my computer. And it's a pain in the butt to do all of this on my phone, so it has to be done now.

Ladies and gentlemen, an early welcome to Round 2!

I tried my best to randomize ALL of the brackets, have to swap one or two because you are competing against yourself. Other than that, yeah, there are 3 placeholder brackets that will depend on the result of Round 1. Unfortunately, I have to rush a little to do this, and I already fixed the results for Round 1 (missing entry, along with wrong "X wins!"; the results are still correct, don't worry). So if the brackets are wrong - i.e. you are supposed to be there / not supposed to be there, please do let me know ASAP and post it here. ESPECIALLY if you are supposed to be in Round 2.

68 entries remain.

Round 2

Overview Category - 14 / 14

History Category - 6 / 6

Geography and Cartography Category - 5 / 5

Military Category - 7 / 7

Leaders and Characters Category - 18 / 18

Misc. Category - 18 / 18
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:38 pm

I apologise for the lack of update as of now. I know, it's overdue, but I will have to do it later.

First day of going back to the army camp, this is gonna take a while.

Thanks for understanding, and for sticking with me through my inconsistent schedules! ❤️
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:01 am

With a 6-6, we have an unentschieden! That means a draw, hehe.

Anyway, next up, we have:

Elvectica / ValehartWELCOME
Valentine ZThe Valentian Economy in greater detail.

Good luck! <3
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Personally I'm a fan of both factbooks, but Valehart's just gives me such a great feeling of satisfaction from that absolutely astounding graphic design that I have to vote for it in spite of its lesser amount of content. If I might add, though, seeing Tarkin on a currency note (even if it's actually another character simply using his image) is blessed and if Val Z was a real nation I'd convert literally all of my money into Tarkinbux without delay.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:08 am

With a 12-7, Valehart takes the win. Congratulations! <3 It's a shame I didn't bribe more people with Tarkinbucks. Ah wells...

Next up, and finally for this round, we have:

Valentine ZThe Wonderful World.
DiarcesiaExcerpts from the Diarcesian Latin Language

Of note is that I did not change the entry during the contest. It was never my puppet (Garden at 6th Mile Road)'s Factbook, just wrongly attributed, my bad on that. So yes, this is still my original entry with a few changes before the 3 day bracket.

Good luck! ❤️
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:32 am

And with a 12-10, a close shave, I took the victory! ^^

------

And thus concludes the end of Round 1! Moving on to Round 2, and back to Overviews!

First up, we have:

The Restored Danelaw / Twithe Gilakish RepublicGilan >> Overview
Broader Confederate StatesThe Confederate States (Start Here)

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Synne Industries
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Synne Industries » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Heya,

just popping-in to ask when a good time to drop a factbook would be. I'm currently in the process in doing a major rework of my main site factbook but at the same time, it's gonna be coming up next bracket. Optimally I'd like to just automatically give Diarcesia the win here to have everything be all clean and smooth but at the same time I'm no expert on the intricacies of how this whole thing is set up. There's not much else I can say so I'm just hoping for a response sometime soon.

Hi, it's been a while. If you're seeing this then it means what I'm working on is not quite done yet. You can still read my old stuff but it's probably not canon anymore. I'll try to get something up soon. It may or may not involve wizards.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:28 pm

Synne Industries wrote:Heya,

just popping-in to ask when a good time to drop a factbook would be. I'm currently in the process in doing a major rework of my main site factbook but at the same time, it's gonna be coming up next bracket. Optimally I'd like to just automatically give Diarcesia the win here to have everything be all clean and smooth but at the same time I'm no expert on the intricacies of how this whole thing is set up. There's not much else I can say so I'm just hoping for a response sometime soon.

Ahh, right. So err, for those Factbooks that has either been eliminated or you want to forfeit, you can let me know.

I'll try to snapshot and archive the original before you drop/forfeit, then after that is done, I will say that you have forfeited and your competitor might automatically win, or will have joining as a 3-way.

The archiving is so that the original Factbook is preserved in case someone wants a worthy mention, like post-loss honourable mentions that we have seen with Cosmic Mainframe's contest. So... Yeah, I forgot to state that too, sorry. If you have lost/want to forfeit/drop and you are doing a very radical change to your factbook, please do let me know.

I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to ask me more if you're unsure. ^^
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Synne Industries
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Synne Industries » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Synne Industries wrote:
Heya,

Ahh, right. So err, for those Factbooks that has either been eliminated or you want to forfeit, you can let me know.

I'll try to snapshot and archive the original before you drop/forfeit, then after that is done, I will say that you have forfeited and your competitor might automatically win, or will have joining as a 3-way.

The archiving is so that the original Factbook is preserved in case someone wants a worthy mention, like post-loss honourable mentions that we have seen with Cosmic Mainframe's contest. So... Yeah, I forgot to state that too, sorry. If you have lost/want to forfeit/drop and you are doing a very radical change to your factbook, please do let me know.

I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to ask me more if you're unsure. ^^

Gotcha.

I'd say a forfeit would be the best option here and I'm perfectly fine with it.
As to archival, I already backed the thing up a while ago as a legacy factbook here so you won't have to worry about that.

Thanks for the help and I hope things can run just as smoothly with the change :}.
Last edited by Synne Industries on Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, it's been a while. If you're seeing this then it means what I'm working on is not quite done yet. You can still read my old stuff but it's probably not canon anymore. I'll try to get something up soon. It may or may not involve wizards.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:18 am

Synne Industries wrote:Gotcha.

I'd say a forfeit would be the best option here and I'm perfectly fine with it.
As to archival, I already backed the thing up a while ago as a legacy factbook here so you won't have to worry about that.

Thanks for the help and I hope things can run just as smoothly with the change :}.

No problem, and thanks for taking the initiative, too! If you (and the others reading here) are ready to forfeit or drop your current factbooks, please TG me and absolutely confirm that you are ready for this. Because once you go out, you can't come back, at least for that factbook; you are dropping out as a factbook, not as a contestant, so the others are still in the brackets.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:44 pm

With a 7-2, Restored Danelaw takes the win. Thanks for bearing with my inconsistent schedule, and Happy Holidays! ♥

Next up, we have:

DiarcesiaOverview
Synne Industrieshttps://synneindustries.sy/home

As discussed above, and after more confirmation, Synne Industries has forfeited in order to rework their factbook. With that, by usual process, Diarcesia takes the win for this bracket!

Next up, we will then have:

CoryanhafflarudaSpecies Info Data; Coryans, Dragons, and more!
New Carthagea / West ReveriaOverview Of West Reveria

Good luck! ♥
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:35 pm

I like Coryana's factbook better for many reasons. Mostly because it has interesting formatting and fonts while West Reveria's factbook is just a generic wiki factbook.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:34 pm

With a 5-2, Coryanhafflaruda takes the win. Congratulations!

Next up, we have:

Karakalpak RepublicOverview of Karakalpak Republic
Fallen AlbaliWiki factbook (Albali overview)

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:19 am

Personally, I find the way Karalpak formats their images to be kind of... cluttered. Having the sidebar extend all the way across the page in a box as opposed to perhaps being in a [sidebar] tag, and having the images just sort of terminate inside the boxes, is rather odd to me, and I much prefer Albali's style of presenting images and information and its take on the wiki factbook no matter the information content.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:46 am

Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:10 am

With a 5-3, Zitravgrad takes the win! Congratulations to you, and good effort from both contestants!

Next up, we have:

Khoronzon / EmpyriusIalvarith Overview
MonteventoOVERVIEW | Most Serene Republic of Montevento

All the best! <3
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:33 am

With a 3-6, Montevento wins! Congratulations! ^^

Next up, we have:

ElvecticaElvectica | General Overview (WIP)
BloodshadeThe Inception of Bloodshade

Good luck!
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:53 am

With a 2-6, Bloodshade takes the win! Congratulations!

We will be back with Overview soon enough. For now, we will move to the very first History bracket!

Synne IndustriesSun Never Sets [ACT 1]
The Restored Danelaw / Ostsee EmpireHistory of the Baltic Empire (Ostsee Empire)

Good luck! ♥️
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:25 am

With a 5-3, Synne takes the win! a slightly closer one, and hey, hope you guys, at least those in 2021, are living it. I know the future is uncertain, but I believe in ourselves! ♥

Next up, we have, and aptly enough:

Synne IndustriesSun Never Sets [ACT 2]
The Krirken SwarmThe Shattering and the Brood Wars

Good luck!
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:43 pm

I voted for Synne. Synne consistently makes great factbooks, and this time is no exception. I like how it slowly breaks down near the end.

Val Z, I like how you changed your flag to the Myanmar flag.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Voxija wrote:I voted for Synne. Synne consistently makes great factbooks, and this time is no exception. I like how it slowly breaks down near the end.

Val Z, I like how you changed your flag to the Myanmar flag.

In celebration of Burma's Independence Day on 4th of Jan, yes! :3

As much as I don't like the government and its politics, it still is my homeland full of people who loves. ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives