NATION

PASSWORD

Canadian Politics

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support in the 2021 snap general election

Liberals
52
23%
Conservatives
44
19%
NDP
83
37%
Bloc
10
4%
Greens
16
7%
PPC
21
9%
 
Total votes : 226

User avatar
The Tomerlands
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomerlands » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 am

Wycliffe wrote:
The Tomerlands wrote:Can someone explain why Justin Trudeau is hated by so many people?

He isn't, really. Just about 30% of Canadians who will hate any liberal, just like the 30% who hate all Conservatives, the 10% who hate both and support the NDP, and everyone else in between.

Specific things that have brought down his popularity would be: his support for carbon pricing (a carbon tax, not popular with the west), his youth-oriented social justice policy (kind of alienating people who think he takes it too far), some of the things he says and does (you'll get an earful from Conservatives about his trip to India, while no one else cares about it), and some of the shady stuff a few of his caucus members have been caught up in. Like Morneau's French villa or Harjit Sajjan's role in Afghanistan. Personally, I don't think any of this really means any real trouble for him. The economy is doing well and the country is better off than it was four years ago.


Okay. Thank you for explaining. Much better then any of the previous replies.

I happen to agree with a few criticisms of him, mostly from the left of Canada that he's a shill for neoliberalism and corporatism like how he wants to build that pipeline in British Columbia. If I lived in Canada I would support the New Democratic Party but I don't really hate Justin or the Liberals. They did legalize marijuana federally and approved of that bill that so many butthurt conservative bitched about.

User avatar
The Tomerlands
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomerlands » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:He isn't, really. Just about 30% of Canadians who will hate any liberal, just like the 30% who hate all Conservatives, the 10% who hate both and support the NDP, and everyone else in between.

Specific things that have brought down his popularity would be: his support for carbon pricing (a carbon tax, not popular with the west), his youth-oriented social justice policy (kind of alienating people who think he takes it too far), some of the things he says and does (you'll get an earful from Conservatives about his trip to India, while no one else cares about it), and some of the shady stuff a few of his caucus members have been caught up in. Like Morneau's French villa or Harjit Sajjan's role in Afghanistan. Personally, I don't think any of this really means any real trouble for him. The economy is doing well and the country is better off than it was four years ago.

Actually I’d rather anyone but Trudeau. If the liberals kicked him out I’d be happy with them


I'd have him over Donald Trump any day.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34989
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:42 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

Trudeau is fine tbh


You are the reason this airhead will get reelected.

Because he is running the country fine?

Novus America wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

Trudeau is fine tbh


Why? Because of his name and hair?
Which are the only reasons he is in office.

Certainly not because of his (lack of) intellect or (lack of) ability to get much done.


Legalized weed like he said, respects veterans, conforms to the UN climate agreement, isn't wasting time on useless hotlines

User avatar
Novus America
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38385
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
You are the reason this airhead will get reelected.

Because he is running the country fine?

Novus America wrote:
Why? Because of his name and hair?
Which are the only reasons he is in office.

Certainly not because of his (lack of) intellect or (lack of) ability to get much done.


Legalized weed like he said, respects veterans, conforms to the UN climate agreement, isn't wasting time on useless hotlines


https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/news/canada ... -emissions
If you are going to say he does something at least makes sure he actually is doing it, not totally failing.
The other two are not substantiative. So he went on vacation to France? I can do that too, can I be PM?

So all you got left is weed.
Which plenty of places have legalized without him.
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 28489
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre


If you're going to back an independence movement in its own language, it would be courteous to at least try and get the grammar right.

For future reference, you missed the definite article.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34989
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:43 am

Novus America wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Because he is running the country fine?



Legalized weed like he said, respects veterans, conforms to the UN climate agreement, isn't wasting time on useless hotlines


https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/news/canada ... -emissions
If you are going to say he does something at least makes sure he actually is doing it, not totally failing.
The other two are not substantiative. So he went on vacation to France? I can do that too, can I be PM?

So all you got left is weed.
Which plenty of places have legalized without him.


At least he is still in it, and that seems to be a problem with provinces and territories rather then the federal government.
He respected the fallen who served in France.

But he did indeed legalized it.

User avatar
Novus America
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38385
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:47 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Novus America wrote:
https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/news/canada ... -emissions
If you are going to say he does something at least makes sure he actually is doing it, not totally failing.
The other two are not substantiative. So he went on vacation to France? I can do that too, can I be PM?

So all you got left is weed.
Which plenty of places have legalized without him.


At least he is still in it, and that seems to be a problem with provinces and territories rather then the federal government.
He respected the fallen who served in France.

But he did indeed legalized it.


He is in it only for show, not substance. Saying he will do it, but not actually doing it.
We have a word for that. Lying. If you are not going to abide by it it is better to be honest about it.
Hmmm, seeing a pattern perhaps?
Going to France, also show, not substance.

So it is all about the weed. And now that it was legalized what else do you need him for, if toking it up is the only real reason?
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5496
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:50 am

I'm not Canadian, so can somebody tell me which moose has the biggest antlers? Whoever he is - he's got my vote! :p
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:59 am

Novus America wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
At least he is still in it, and that seems to be a problem with provinces and territories rather then the federal government.
He respected the fallen who served in France.

But he did indeed legalized it.


He is in it only for show, not substance. Saying he will do it, but not actually doing it.
We have a word for that. Lying. If you are not going to abide by it it is better to be honest about it.
Hmmm, seeing a pattern perhaps?
Going to France, also show, not substance.

So it is all about the weed. And now that it was legalized what else do you need him for, if toking it up is the only real reason?


Allow me to make the reason for his election short and sweet...

The weed and the name recognition.

User avatar
Novus America
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38385
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:04 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Novus America wrote:
He is in it only for show, not substance. Saying he will do it, but not actually doing it.
We have a word for that. Lying. If you are not going to abide by it it is better to be honest about it.
Hmmm, seeing a pattern perhaps?
Going to France, also show, not substance.

So it is all about the weed. And now that it was legalized what else do you need him for, if toking it up is the only real reason?


Allow me to make the reason for his election short and sweet...

The weed and the name recognition.


Plus his hair. Which people think is awesome for whatever reasons.

Though I guess if you get totally baked and stare at his picture maybe it seems okay if you are a straight woman or gay guy.
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:07 am

Novus America wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Allow me to make the reason for his election short and sweet...

The weed and the name recognition.


Plus his hair. Which people think is awesome for whatever reasons.

Though I guess if you get totally stoned and stare at his picture maybe it seems okay.


In other words, actual political illiterates voted him because they opened a Canadian history book for the first time since high school while completely stoned and saw P.E. Trudeau and thought "Well, if he was in power, then clearly his son who was a dramatical arts teacher would be pefect!".

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5496
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:25 am

Okay so seriously:

Trudeau doesn't seem so bad, though his foreign policy could use a little work.

Scheer's a bit of a twat but I've seen worse, though I like his tougher stance on China and Saudi Arabia. More politicians the world over should be.

Singh seems alright but his stanch on guns is stupid.

May's stances aren't bad in and of themselves but holy fuck she really needs to think about what she's going to say before she says it.

Can't find a whole lot on Blanchet so I'll just go off his party's positions instead: BQ is alright from what I can tell.

And as for Bernier and his "People's Party", I find populism inherently distasteful and they both seem incredibly naive and idealistic. I'm eager to see if they manage to practice what they preach or become another one of those party's where the name contradicts the practices.

If I was Canadian though, I'd probably vote Trudeau as I disagree with him the least. Though really the only candidate I can say I dislike is Scheer, the rest are all more or less the same from what I can tell.
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

User avatar
Shrillland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19650
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:53 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Plus his hair. Which people think is awesome for whatever reasons.

Though I guess if you get totally stoned and stare at his picture maybe it seems okay.


In other words, actual political illiterates voted him because they opened a Canadian history book for the first time since high school while completely stoned and saw P.E. Trudeau and thought "Well, if he was in power, then clearly his son who was a dramatical arts teacher would be pefect!".


Well, the last two Liberal leaders before him were milquetoast and ineffective, Ignatieff in particular seemed fairly weak-kneed. Trudeau could've been greater as a PM, but he reneged on his promise to switch Canada to PR or MMP because it meant sharing power with the NDP, and god forbid there ever be a coalition government.
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2022
Here's my Takes on LatAm Votes!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Shrillland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19650
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 am

The Archregimancy wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre


If you're going to back an independence movement in its own language, it would be courteous to at least try and get the grammar right.

For future reference, you missed the definite article.


Also for Trumptonium, just saying "Quebec" in such a context usually refers to the city, whereas "Le Quebec" means the province.
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2022
Here's my Takes on LatAm Votes!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm

I still do not understand how Quebec nationalism/sovereignty can still be an issue. I knew it was only a matter of time till the Bloc would die, but after their awful results in the elections since 2011, their terrible poll numbers being lower than the Greens and even the split between the Bloc with Debout (Who would inevitably rejoin the Bloc) back last year and only just recently have a new leader who will probably run in their safest riding of Manicouagan, I feel like this could be the election where the Bloc loses all of their seats. No joke, with the collapse of both the NDP and the Bloc in Quebec and the Liberals basically coming in to sweep the province I see the Bloc effectively die in the federal level, and it's only an amount of time until Parti in the provincial election does the same. And frankly I kind of hope the party goes defunct and no longer exists, it should put the issue of where Quebec is in line with the rest of Canada as is.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
Trumptonium1
Senator
 
Posts: 4022
Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:35 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre


If you're going to back an independence movement in its own language, it would be courteous to at least try and get the grammar right.

For future reference, you missed the definite article.


Language changes with time. Thou ought to know that.

Maybe I changed it. I claim credit for any future use.

Dresderstan wrote:I still do not understand how Quebec nationalism/sovereignty can still be an issue.


Do you understand how Scottish/Catalan nationalism can still be an issue?

There's also the added plus of having to be and live in Canada. With dicks like Trudeau running it.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

User avatar
Painisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Painisia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 am

I will go with the Greens. What I am glad about them is that they aren't so socialist in their policies. But I wish the Social Credit Party was around now.......
-Christian Democrat
-Syncretic
-Distributist
-Personalist
-Ecologism
-Popolarismo
-Corporatist
Formerly, the nation of Painisia November 2017 - August 2019

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34989
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:04 am

Novus America wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
At least he is still in it, and that seems to be a problem with provinces and territories rather then the federal government.
He respected the fallen who served in France.

But he did indeed legalized it.


He is in it only for show, not substance. Saying he will do it, but not actually doing it.
We have a word for that. Lying. If you are not going to abide by it it is better to be honest about it.
Hmmm, seeing a pattern perhaps?
Going to France, also show, not substance.

So it is all about the weed. And now that it was legalized what else do you need him for, if toking it up is the only real reason?



He is not lying. The problem is the provincial governments and territory governments not doing enough to lower there emissions like your own source said.

Stop blaming it on a person who can't force provincial governments and territory governments to do something without overstepping Federal-Provincial/Territorial boundaries.

He set up the targets, but the provincial governments and territory governments failed to meet zed targets. It would be like blaming the Federal US government for something that is a individual state problem.

Respecting the fallen is substance.

User avatar
Novus America
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38385
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:18 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Novus America wrote:
He is in it only for show, not substance. Saying he will do it, but not actually doing it.
We have a word for that. Lying. If you are not going to abide by it it is better to be honest about it.
Hmmm, seeing a pattern perhaps?
Going to France, also show, not substance.

So it is all about the weed. And now that it was legalized what else do you need him for, if toking it up is the only real reason?



He is not lying. The problem is the provincial governments and territory governments not doing enough to lower there emissions like your own source said.

Stop blaming it on a person who can't force provincial governments and territory governments to do something without overstepping Federal-Provincial/Territorial boundaries.

He set up the targets, but the provincial governments and territory governments failed to meet zed targets. It would be like blaming the Federal US government for something that is a individual state problem.

Respecting the fallen is substance.


Making a promise you know you cannot keep is lying.
He signed on to those targets despite having absolutely no plan to meet them, regardless of the reason. If Canada’s federal systems makes the agreement doomed he should not have signed it knowing it was doomed.
Besides how does him promising to do something he cannot do make him good?

Actually respecting the fallen might be, but this does not require going on vacation.
Does he actually respect? I doubt it considering he does not understand it given his silver spoon life and lack of military service.
And anybody can publicly pretend to show respect. Does not make him any better than millions of other people.

So we are still at weed.
Yeah he helped get you your weed. Now he has no more use.
Last edited by Novus America on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

User avatar
Philjia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11363
Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Philjia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:27 am

Conservatives and NDP will likely pick up seats from the Liberals, but the Liberals will probably remain the largest party, even if their majority is lost.
JG Ballard wrote:I want to rub the human race in its own vomit, and force it to look in the mirror.

⚧ Trans rights. ⚧
Pragmatic ethical utopian socialist, IE I'm for whatever kind of socialism is the most moral and practical. Pro LGBT rights and gay marriage, pro gay adoption, generally internationalist, ambivalent on the EU, atheist, pro free speech and expression, pro legalisation of prostitution and soft drugs, and pro choice. Anti authoritarian, anti Marxist. White cishet male.

User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 am

I've been somewhat out of the loop for the past couple months, but how the hell is Elizabeth May still running? She's been at this for more than a decade, including playing the gender card at debate exclusion that applied to her male predecessors, drunkenly raving about how Omar Khadr has "more class than the whole fuckin' cabinet," and feuding with her own party over the idea of boycotting Israel. Through it all, she hasn't made it very far. Why haven't they kicked her out by now?
Last edited by LimaUniformNovemberAlpha on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34989
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 am

Novus America wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

He is not lying. The problem is the provincial governments and territory governments not doing enough to lower there emissions like your own source said.

Stop blaming it on a person who can't force provincial governments and territory governments to do something without overstepping Federal-Provincial/Territorial boundaries.

He set up the targets, but the provincial governments and territory governments failed to meet zed targets. It would be like blaming the Federal US government for something that is a individual state problem.

Respecting the fallen is substance.


Making a promise you know you cannot keep is lying.
He signed on to those targets despite having absolutely no plan to meet them, regardless of the reason. If Canada’s federal systems makes the agreement doomed he should not have signed it knowing it was doomed.
Besides how does him promising to do something he cannot do make him good?

Actually respecting the fallen might be, but this does not require going on vacation.
Does he actually respect? I doubt it considering he does not understand it given his silver spoon life and lack of military service.
And anybody can do that. Does not make him any better than millions of other people.

So we are still at weed.
Yeah he helped get you your weed. Now he has no more use.


He did everything he could to fulfil his end of the promise without overstepping the boundaries between Provincial and Federal government.

What was he supposed to do, declare a national emergency and commit drastic measures to lower emissions? Tax hike on Gas? No thanks, I don't want Canada to end up like France.


Actually, he does. He reenacts battles from 1812 and The Battle of Vimy Ridge.
Anybody can, but he did. Unlike a certain other leader who leads another allied nation from WW1 beacuse of light rain.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6680
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Arcturus Novus » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:44 am

New Dems deserve their day in the sun tbh
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
(Apparently not a real communist because I support Chinese unification, lmao)
My posts do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of my employer, Ioseb Jugashvili.
me - my politics - my twitter
Ceterum autem censeo Americam esse delendam.

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:51 am

Arcturus Novus wrote:New Dems deserve their day in the sun tbh


Well, I guess somebody who hasn't fucked us over yet is better than people who have already fucked us over.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:53 am

Philjia wrote:Conservatives and NDP will likely pick up seats from the Liberals, but the Liberals will probably remain the largest party, even if their majority is lost.

Nah I don't think the NDP will pick up seats, if anything they're gonna lose seats from the Liberals and possibly the Tories. The NDP is effectively dead in Quebec and will just help the Liberals, and the Central provinces are gonna swing more for the Conservatives. The only high ground the NDP has is in BC and small parts of Ontario. At best the NDP has 30 seats or so, but my guess is it'll probably be lower, I think it depends what happens in the by-elections of Burnaby South and Outremont the two seats the party needs to win to gain momentum, especially in Burnaby South for the NDP leader whose running wants to get into parliament.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Croydonfederaltechnocary, Cruzes Unidas de Frioborsarmarto, Duvniask, Ethel mermania, Infected Mushroom, Kerwa, Lile Ulie Islands, Malkaestan, Pasong Tirad, Scus Dom, Spirit of Hope, The Holy Therns, Trivalve

Advertisement

Remove ads