NATION

PASSWORD

I see TET people

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sosi
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sosi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 pm

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:
Sosi wrote:My nation, I'll make it hell.

Can I help you with that?

Yes. I've gone in the process of deregulating all industry & abolishing political freedoms. My major goal is to remove the income tax for now. Once done, I'll subsudize business only.
Have you seen my poetry?

Trevor Phillip Enterprises
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Sosi wrote:
Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Can I help you with that?

Yes. I've gone in the process of deregulating all industry & abolishing political freedoms. My major goal is to remove the income tax for now. Once done, I'll subsudize business only.

Ah, its nice seeing another nation going down the path of unbridled capitalism. You and I really do need to be partners.

Sosi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sosi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Sosi wrote:Yes. I've gone in the process of deregulating all industry & abolishing political freedoms. My major goal is to remove the income tax for now. Once done, I'll subsudize business only.

Ah, its nice seeing another nation going down the path of unbridled capitalism. You and I really do need to be partners.
I'm pleased I've a lower-tax rate than you. We're in the process of cutting defense spending.
Last edited by Sosi on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you seen my poetry?

Trevor Phillip Enterprises
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Sosi wrote:
Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Ah, its nice seeing another nation going down the path of unbridled capitalism. You and I really do need to be partners.
I'm pleased I've a lower-tax rate than you.

I'll lower it back to pre-refactor days .... just you wait.

Sosi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sosi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Sosi wrote:I'm pleased I've a lower-tax rate than you.

I'll lower it back to pre-refactor days .... just you wait.

Why the defense spending? Are not all of your people armed?
Have you seen my poetry?

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Well Lauren helped me somewhat... then signed off unexpectedly...
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Sosi wrote:
Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:I'll lower it back to pre-refactor days .... just you wait.

Why the defense spending? Are not all of your people armed?

You don't need gun when you have laser flowers! :p

Sosi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sosi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Gradea wrote:
Sosi wrote:Why the defense spending? Are not all of your people armed?

You don't need gun when you have laser flowers! :p

I'd not mind life in your nation. Does a real world counterpart exist?
Have you seen my poetry?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Well, after finishing Nymphomaniac: Vol. I, I am reaffirmed in my delight of seeing Charlotte Gainsbourg act.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 pm

Things that make Gren feel old, Vol 1: Realizing that in 6 months and 10 days, it will have been 10 years since Katrina bitchslapped the shit out of Southeast Louisiana and Mississippi.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Grenartia wrote:Things that make Gren feel old, Vol 1: Realizing that in 6 months and 10 days, it will have been 10 years since Katrina bitchslapped the shit out of Southeast Louisiana and Mississippi.

That's it?

I realize that I'm about as old as when the Exxon Valdez oil spill happened and I was already born when the Berlin wall came down.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Things that make Gren feel old, Vol 1: Realizing that in 6 months and 10 days, it will have been 10 years since Katrina bitchslapped the shit out of Southeast Louisiana and Mississippi.

That's it?

I realize that I'm about as old as when the Exxon Valdez oil spill happened and I was already born when the Berlin wall came down.

10 years and they're still dealing with the aftermath in some areas down there so, yeah, 10 years is long-ass time.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
That's it?

10 years and they're still dealing with the aftermath in some areas down there so, yeah, 10 years is long-ass time.

It is indeed.

I was mostly addressing the fact they think they're old :p

I don't get why the fuck has the government not done much in regard of Katrina aid. Clearly Bush responded poorly to the situation and the aftermath, instead of better, it's been significantly worse to non-responsive.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

It is indeed.

I don't get why the fuck has the government not done much in regard of Katrina aid. Clearly Bush responded poorly to the situation and the aftermath, instead of better, it's been significantly worse to non-responsive.

That was an example of how a gov't was unable to deal with an emergency. Although, IIRC, it's not like they weren't unaware of the dangers Katrina or any other strong hurricane could present for the dykes down in New Orleans. They were told about the flooding potential and they weren't more aggressive when it came to evacuate. Although some people refused to heed the evacuation warning and stayed in areas that were clearly dangerous.

Also, FEMA seems to have dropped the ball in bad management right after the emergency.
Slava Ukraini

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
It is indeed.

That was an example of how a gov't was unable to deal with an emergency. Although, IIRC, it's not like they weren't unaware of the dangers Katrina or any other strong hurricane could present for the dykes down in New Orleans. They were told about the flooding potential and they weren't more aggressive when it came to evacuate. Although some people refused to heed the evacuation warning and stayed in areas that were clearly dangerous.

Also, FEMA seems to have dropped the ball in bad management right after the emergency.

I blame it to our case of not being prepared for hurricanes. Generally, during tropical season, the United States almost never gets hit with a hurricane. Admittedly, Katrina was something unexpected, but it should have been a quick response, not the sort of response we got.

It's part of the unique conditions that exists in the coasts, I realize, since where I come from we've been most of the time hit by hurricanes so we have developed building techniques and zoning regulations to deal with it.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:35 pm

WEll, guess it's time to hit up the laundromat before I get to tired to see straight.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I blame it to our case of not being prepared for hurricanes. Generally, during tropical season, the United States almost never gets hit with a hurricane. Admittedly, Katrina was something unexpected, but it should have been a quick response, not the sort of response we got.

It's part of the unique conditions that exists in the coasts, I realize, since where I come from we've been most of the time hit by hurricanes so we have developed building techniques and zoning regulations to deal with it.

It doesn't hurt to be more prepared and it's not like the US hasn't been hit by some monsters prior to Katrina. I remember my grandma telling me of Andrew, which hit FL in the mid 1990s. They just grew careless.

That's something I've discussed with Gallo, building codes and materials in the US, particularly in areas prone to be hit by hurricanes or tropical storms. I understand that there's a necessity to insulate and, in that case, building with wood is the easiest thing to do but wooden houses and hurricane force winds do not mesh well.
Slava Ukraini

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

It doesn't hurt to be more prepared and it's not like the US hasn't been hit by some monsters prior to Katrina. I remember my grandma telling me of Andrew, which hit FL in the mid 1990s. They just grew careless.

That's something I've discussed with Gallo, building codes and materials in the US, particularly in areas prone to be hit by hurricanes or tropical storms. I understand that there's a necessity to insulate and, in that case, building with wood is the easiest thing to do but wooden houses and hurricane force winds do not mesh well.

I'd say that in the zones around the gulf what needs to be done is to actually make the houses out of concrete and insulate on the inside. Basically a concrete wall and behind it a wooden frame.

It's something I've considered for a while myself that could reasonably work here in the U.S.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I'd say that in the zones around the gulf what needs to be done is to actually make the houses out of concrete and insulate on the inside. Basically a concrete wall and behind it a wooden frame.

It's something I've considered for a while myself that could reasonably work here in the U.S.

But how easy is it to insulate concrete (even with the wooden frame)? How energy efficient can it be too (both for winter and summer)?
Slava Ukraini

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

But how easy is it to insulate concrete (even with the wooden frame)? How energy efficient can it be too (both for winter and summer)?

Well concrete is pretty good insulator usually by itself since there's no air gaps to worry about, so it keeps the house at a reasonable degree of insulation at the beginning. Over time cracks create but it's much easier to give a layer of insulation to it, generally in the form of rigid foam panels which you can just glue over the concrete wall.

I was thinking on a mixture between concrete and wood. With the frame is much easier to place fiberglass insulation or organic insulation in between the wall and then just cover with sheetrock. Also concrete homes are far more efficient than wooden homes, that's a given.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Well concrete is pretty good insulator usually by itself since there's no air gaps to worry about, so it keeps the house at a reasonable degree of insulation at the beginning. Over time cracks create and it's much easier to give a second layer of insulation to it, generally in the form of rigid foam panels.

I was thinking on a mixture between concrete and wood. With the frame is much easier to place fiberglass insulation or organic insulation in between the wall and then just cover with sheetrock. Also concrete homes are far more efficient than wooden homes, that's a given.

Even in winter? I know in summer, concrete warms up a lot, but would it maintain a good temperature inside during winter, that's what I'm curious about.

Agreed with that. Concrete can withstand a hurricane (although if strong enough, it can suffer structural damage but at lest you won't lose your entire home). Not sure about tornadoes, but hurricanes, yes.
Slava Ukraini

Madiganistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Madiganistan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:05 am

I literally only just realized that NSG and gameplay are like, two entirely distinct and separate communities in and of themselves.
I'm obligated to point out that I've been dicking around here under a medley of monikers since mid-2013, since longevity
and post counts are the two primary factors considered when assessing the worth and validity of any given poster's opinion.

Click this link to a context-blind, four-paragraph post I wrote in a random NSG thread in the summer of 2011
that indisputably validates my belief that I am one of the brightest minds in this community.

Pro: Skater II for the Sony PlayStation®
Anti: gua and Barbuda
Economic Left: -1.38
Social Authoritarian: 1.62

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:07 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Well concrete is pretty good insulator usually by itself since there's no air gaps to worry about, so it keeps the house at a reasonable degree of insulation at the beginning. Over time cracks create and it's much easier to give a second layer of insulation to it, generally in the form of rigid foam panels.

Even in winter? I know in summer, concrete warms up a lot, but would it maintain a good temperature inside during winter, that's what I'm curious about.

Agreed with that. Concrete can withstand a hurricane (although if strong enough, it can suffer structural damage but at lest you won't lose your entire home). Not sure about tornadoes, but hurricanes, yes.

During winter it'd keep a decent temperature during winter. You'd definitely need a central heating unit even with a concrete home with the weather we face around that time of the year. Insulation would be ideal too.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:22 am

The Muslim dating ads are back for me on this site. Why Internet? Why do you think this is what I need in my life?
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:23 am

That's it?

Meh... I was an adult when the Berlin wall came down...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General