NATION

PASSWORD

Pelosi loses it and chases Republican across house floor

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Othelos wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:She behaved very irresponsibly and very immaturely. We should hold government officials to higher standards of behavior and common decency. If these are the types of people we continue to elect to government, I have no faith in the future of democracy in America or anywhere else.

There was no need for her to get so agitated and she stepped out of line. I think she should take some time out... otherwise the level of debate in the Congress (already low enough as it is now) may deteriorate even further if it is perceived that such types of confrontational theatrics are not only tolerated but promoted. Unfortunately, confrontationalism and adversarialism are often what democracies inevitably promote with the focus on winning elections and ''out-talking'' your opponents.

Congressman have done worse.

No kidding.
Last edited by Eastern Equestria on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Othelos wrote:Congressman have done worse.

Nlo kidding.

broken link, but I do remember learning about that in history class.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Othelos wrote:Congressman have done worse.

No kidding.

Nailed that on the first page :p

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:15 pm

Othelos wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:
Nlo kidding.

broken link, but I do remember learning about that in history class.

Fixed, and yes, the incident is commonly taught in secondary education American history classes. (Those were really shoved down our throats, weren't they?)

Kelinfort wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:
No kidding.

Nailed that on the first page :p

Darn you to heck :D

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:Say what you want about House Republicans and their incompetence, but they would never do stupid shit like this. And calling a US rep. "insignificant"? Fuck this bitch.

Pelosi has got to go.

No, they would simply yell "You Lie!" during a State Of The Union speech.

Or accuse a respected academic of lying when her information doesn't fit their agenda

Or scream over colleagues attempting to introduce motions.

But at least they didn't have the temerity to actually walk quickly across the floor and challenge a colleague's blatant lies. The nerve of the woman!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Othelos wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:She behaved very irresponsibly and very immaturely. We should hold government officials to higher standards of behavior and common decency. If these are the types of people we continue to elect to government, I have no faith in the future of democracy in America or anywhere else.

There was no need for her to get so agitated and she stepped out of line. I think she should take some time out... otherwise the level of debate in the Congress (already low enough as it is now) may deteriorate even further if it is perceived that such types of confrontational theatrics are not only tolerated but promoted. Unfortunately, confrontationalism and adversarialism are often what democracies inevitably promote with the focus on winning elections and ''out-talking'' your opponents.

Congressman have done worse. At least they don't duel each other to settle disputes anymore.

wow Congressmen have done worse?

What a disgrace... i can't believe it. This is really sad.

I mean, these people are supposed to be some of the most powerful and popular people in the world, otherwise, how'd they get elected? people sure know how to pick em...

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Othelos wrote:Congressman have done worse. At least they don't duel each other to settle disputes anymore.

I mean, these people are supposed to be some of the most powerful and popular people in the world, otherwise, how'd they get elected? people sure know how to pick em...

They're human, too. this won't be the last time someone freaks out in congress when things are very divided.

Sheltopolis
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheltopolis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Sheltopolis wrote:Say what you want about House Republicans and their incompetence, but they would never do stupid shit like this. And calling a US rep. "insignificant"? Fuck this bitch.

Pelosi has got to go.

Or accuse a respected academic of lying when her information doesn't fit their agenda

But at least they didn't have the temerity to actually walk quickly across the floor and challenge a colleague's blatant lies. The nerve of the woman!

I don't like what they did either but none of that was on the level of what Pelosi did.

Oh and Obama actually did lie so, keep that in mind.
Last edited by Sheltopolis on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe it’s not the politicians who suck; maybe it’s something else. Like the public. That would be a nice realistic campaign slogan for somebody: “The public sucks. F*ck hope.” Put the blame where it belongs: on the people. Because if everything is really the fault of politicians, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans who are ready to step in and replace them? Truth is, we don’t have people like that. Everyone’s at the mall, scratching his balls and buying sneakers with lights in them."
-George Carlin

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Othelos wrote:Congressman have done worse. At least they don't duel each other to settle disputes anymore.

:rofl:
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

I don't like what they did either but none of that was on the level of what Pelosi did.

at least she didn't cane or duel the opposition, which has been done on the past.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Really? How was what she did worse?
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Right.

Is that because she's a Democrat or because she's a woman? Because it seems that by any reasonable standard, they're all worse.

Oh, and Obama did not lie about what he was being heckled for.
Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Othelos wrote:
Sheltopolis wrote:

at least she didn't cane or duel the opposition, which has been done on the past.

I bet many Democrats have just been itching to challenge Lindsay Graham to single combat. :p

Sheltopolis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sheltopolis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Sheltopolis wrote:

Really? How was what she did worse?

Violating the etiquette of a House Representative, talking out of turn, pointing a finger at another U.S. representative and calling him "insignificant" (doesn't matter if it's true or not, you don't do that). She's a psychotic bitch.
"Maybe it’s not the politicians who suck; maybe it’s something else. Like the public. That would be a nice realistic campaign slogan for somebody: “The public sucks. F*ck hope.” Put the blame where it belongs: on the people. Because if everything is really the fault of politicians, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans who are ready to step in and replace them? Truth is, we don’t have people like that. Everyone’s at the mall, scratching his balls and buying sneakers with lights in them."
-George Carlin

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:What has he done of significance?
Oh, that's right... Nothing. Ergo, he's insignificant.
Pelosi, on the other hand, was House Majority Leader, is current House Minority Leader, and was greatly responsible for getting a major piece of legislation ("Obamacare") passed through the House.

Seems like you are trying to justify her ridiculous actions. No U.S. representative is insignificant, and even if he is that is not something you just yell at him in a civil debate, let alone run across the House floor pointing a finger. She wasn't supposed to be talking for Christ's sake. I am sure if a Republican did this, those on the left would be flippin' their shit.

Any representative who doesn't have a badge on his sash that says "sponsored/authored/other a major bill" isn't much to shake a stick at. That's called a freshman rep, and they're basically a joke in the house until they prove themselves.
password scrambled

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Really? How was what she did worse?

Violating the etiquette of a House Representative, talking out of turn, pointing a finger at another U.S. representative and calling him "insignificant" (doesn't matter if it's true or not, you don't do that). She's a psychotic bitch.

Right.

All of the examples I listed violated etiquette.

Two involved talking out of turn.

Two involved false accusations.

He's a lying sack of shit.

Sheltopolis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sheltopolis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Condunum wrote:
Sheltopolis wrote:
Seems like you are trying to justify her ridiculous actions. No U.S. representative is insignificant, and even if he is that is not something you just yell at him in a civil debate, let alone run across the House floor pointing a finger. She wasn't supposed to be talking for Christ's sake. I am sure if a Republican did this, those on the left would be flippin' their shit.

Any representative who doesn't have a badge on his sash that says "sponsored/authored/other a major bill" isn't much to shake a stick at. That's called a freshman rep, and they're basically a joke in the house until they prove themselves.

Doesn't matter, she's still being an ass.
-George Carlin

Koopaville
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Koopaville » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 pm

I have never been prouder in my life to be 'Murican. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheltopolis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sheltopolis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Sheltopolis wrote:

Right.

They're all sacks of shit, Pelosi is just a bigger one.
-George Carlin

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Condunum wrote:Any representative who doesn't have a badge on his sash that says "sponsored/authored/other a major bill" isn't much to shake a stick at. That's called a freshman rep, and they're basically a joke in the house until they prove themselves.

So? She's right, he's a liar and an insignificant rep. She may be out of line in her behavior, but it's a petty offense.
password scrambled

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:

And you are blowing this way out of proportion.
password scrambled

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Right.

They're all sacks of shit, Pelosi is just a bigger one.

Because she's a Democrat or because she's a woman?
Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:

So, that's worse than, say, violating the etiquette of a House Representative, talking out of turn, and calling the President of the United States a liar...
I'm not seeing how.
Married to Koshka

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Politicians are whiny. News at 11.
I'm a trans-beanstalk giantkin. My pronouns are fee/fie/foe/fum.

American nationalist

I am the infamous North California (DEATed 11/13/12). Now in the NS "Hall of Fame", or whatever
(Add 2137 posts)

On the American Revolution
Everyone should watch this video

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 pm

Sheltopolis wrote:
Condunum wrote:Any representative who doesn't have a badge on his sash that says "sponsored/authored/other a major bill" isn't much to shake a stick at. That's called a freshman rep, and they're basically a joke in the house until they prove themselves.

Yes, she shouldn't have done what she did. No-one is denying this.
Married to Koshka

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General