NATION

PASSWORD

Pedophiles get a bad rap

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Omnicrest
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Omnicrest » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Thoricia wrote:
Omnicrest wrote:I fully agree!

People often seem to forget that one can be a pedophile, yet restrain themselves to never act on it. I mean, in an ideal world no one would even have these urges, true. But some people ARE born with them, and we should be supportive of their struggle to restrain themselves and be good, upstanding citizens. They're already fighting against nature, they don't need to be fighting against people too. I mean, if you punish someone for having an urge, even a repulsive urge, that's a start down a really bad path of Big Brother and thoughtcrime.

This ties back into the "all pedophiles actions are innocent' argument" when they are clearly not not all pedophiles think that their thoughts are horrendous, my proof is when these people offend, obviously they couldn't control there actions or they really weren'tfighting against themselves in the first place

Tekania wrote:
Thoricia wrote:I grow tired of this argument, I have already argued it before, you need to go back and read the entire thread, as I have already shown evidence of these "Clear indicators" otherwise known as a pattern of behavior which has been my standpoint from almost the begining read up then get back to me after you have and see if you still think you standpoint holds any water

There is no such thing as "clear indicators"... They do not exist... They are manufactured by quack sociology attempting to pass itself off as hard-science... Sociology cannot make any CLEAR definitive claims, as sociology (including psychiatry and psychology) are soft sciences...

So you advocate the use of psycology to help these people but when its used in a rebuttal you say its not true? Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, where is your evidence backing up your claim this sounds like just in opinion to me

I am not saying every pedophile is a saint, I am saying you cannot punish someone for what they MIGHT do. Even worse, is trying to punish someone for something they think or feel. If you need a reason why, read 1984. If you punish people for what they think or feel, that's the kind of system you're encouraging. A system of thoughtcrimes and thought police and Big Brother always keeping an eye open for us to think things he doesn't like.

A pedophile is someone born with urges, if they chose to cave to those urges and hurt people, we punish them. If they want to seek help and try to overcome these urges, we should HELP them, and SUPPORT them. Not wait outside their therapist's office with nooses, torches and pitchforks. Treating pedophiles who genuinely seek help in such a way only encourages them to NOT seek help which INCREASES their chances of molesting a child. You might as well be saying "Well, if you're a pedophile, we're going to make your life hell either way, so you might as well molest a child and get something out of the deal."

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Thoricia wrote:But by your logic I haven't hurt anyone yet so I should be still be allowed to roam the streets unimpeded

Making you get a psychological examination =/= arresting you. Hell, I've been made to get examinations back when I was in school because of the stupid "zero tolerance" policy.

And the whole you being batshit insane thing... ;)
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Thoricia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Omnicrest wrote:
Thoricia wrote:
Omnicrest wrote:I fully agree!

People often seem to forget that one can be a pedophile, yet restrain themselves to never act on it. I mean, in an ideal world no one would even have these urges, true. But some people ARE born with them, and we should be supportive of their struggle to restrain themselves and be good, upstanding citizens. They're already fighting against nature, they don't need to be fighting against people too. I mean, if you punish someone for having an urge, even a repulsive urge, that's a start down a really bad path of Big Brother and thoughtcrime.

This ties back into the "all pedophiles actions are innocent' argument" when they are clearly not not all pedophiles think that their thoughts are horrendous, my proof is when these people offend, obviously they couldn't control there actions or they really weren'tfighting against themselves in the first place

Tekania wrote:
Thoricia wrote:I grow tired of this argument, I have already argued it before, you need to go back and read the entire thread, as I have already shown evidence of these "Clear indicators" otherwise known as a pattern of behavior which has been my standpoint from almost the begining read up then get back to me after you have and see if you still think you standpoint holds any water

There is no such thing as "clear indicators"... They do not exist... They are manufactured by quack sociology attempting to pass itself off as hard-science... Sociology cannot make any CLEAR definitive claims, as sociology (including psychiatry and psychology) are soft sciences...

So you advocate the use of psycology to help these people but when its used in a rebuttal you say its not true? Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, where is your evidence backing up your claim this sounds like just in opinion to me

I am not saying every pedophile is a saint, I am saying you cannot punish someone for what they MIGHT do. Even worse, is trying to punish someone for something they think or feel. If you need a reason why, read 1984. If you punish people for what they think or feel, that's the kind of system you're encouraging. A system of thoughtcrimes and thought police and Big Brother always keeping an eye open for us to think things he doesn't like.

A pedophile is someone born with urges, if they chose to cave to those urges and hurt people, we punish them. If they want to seek help and try to overcome these urges, we should HELP them, and SUPPORT them. Not wait outside their therapist's office with nooses, torches and pitchforks. Treating pedophiles who genuinely seek help in such a way only encourages them to NOT seek help which INCREASES their chances of molesting a child. You might as well be saying "Well, if you're a pedophile, we're going to make your life hell either way, so you might as well molest a child and get something out of the deal."

Your are correct, I agree with you completely on your secong paragraph, however when a schizophrenic or a manic exhibits behavior that clearly indicates they are on the verge of harming someone we forcibly commit them, why can't the same concept be applied to the pedophile an agreed mental condition
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

This quote sums up my life.

Bunyippie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bunyippie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:58 pm

I say this much, if you want to keep from hurting a kid, go to a therapist, as long as you aren't planning on molesting someone, go to a therapist and get help. But if you ask me, a pedo minded guy is like a paranoid schizo gone off his meds, its just asking for trouble. That is why we can make said schizo be in a controlled enivorment and if need be, forcibly medicate him. I am all for rights and stuff but if you know you are a risk to someone, then you should do something about it. You a pedo? Fine, stay away from kids, don't sign up for church camps, coaching sports, etc. Just like junkie must avoid drugs, a pedo must avoid kids.
"One nation, under Fundies, easily divided, with rights for some, not all."

Farnhamia wrote:
Okay, I give. Yes, you may ... have sex with your household pets. Just, please, try to keep the noise down.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Dyakovo wrote:And the whole you being batshit insane thing... ;)

Just because I wrote a story in 2nd grade about bringing a gun to school and shooting the principle (true story) doesn't mean I'm insane.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:08 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:And the whole you being batshit insane thing... ;)

Just because I wrote a story in 2nd grade about bringing a gun to school and shooting the principle (true story) doesn't mean I'm insane.

No, it was the actually doing it...
I mean, really trying to kill the principal with a cap gun? You're obviously not right in the head.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 am

New Sociopia wrote:
Judgement is affected by age. The concept of consenting to sex as a legal issue is solely sociological. The age of consent in Spain is 13, in Tunisia, 20. Only those societies and their cultural norms dictate when a citizen can consent. A 13 year old could have consentual sex in Spain, travel to Tunisia, do exactly the same thing and cause a criminal investigation. In legal, social terms, there is a barrier, physiologically speaking there is evidently not.

The laws in many countries state that female human beings are the mental equivalent of children. So?

In my country, there used to be laws stating that a non-white person was to be considered the legal equivalent of a farm animal. So?

The fact that some countries have laws which state that a 12 year old can give adult consent is equally irrelevant to the reality of human neurological development.

New Sociopia wrote: As far as I am aware Spain does not have an especially extraordinarily high or low number of rape enquiries. Of course the ability to make judgement is affected by age, but when an individual can consent to sex is based more on what a particular national culture finds acceptable than anything else.

Well yeah, obviously. Some cultures are comfortable with defining "consent" as "whenever a 9 year old girl's father thinks it's appropriate to sell her into marriage." So what?
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Amor Pulchritudo
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Amor Pulchritudo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:08 am

Blouman Empire wrote:
Bunyippie wrote:"Well homos and pedos didn't choose to be that way" STFU! As a gay man, let me tell you something, I want to have steamy, hot anal sex with another LEGAL male. I want to fuck a hot twink, pedos want to fuck little kids, BIG ASS DIFFERENCE!

No there isn't.

Also if you were sane you wouldn't be on NSG.

Yes, there is a difference.

Although both are - when you look at it purely scientifically - rather pointless when it comes to furthering the human race, there is a "BIG ASS DIFFERENCE" between wanting to fuck an adult of the same sex consensually and wanting to fuck a pre-pubescent child.

Amor Pulchritudo
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Amor Pulchritudo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:10 am

Meoton wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Meoton wrote:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080617151845.htm
http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html
2 articles discussing possible biological difference of homosexual males compared to hetreosexual males.
Sorry, for the spelling errors. 9th hour of 12 hour shift on the last day of my work week that is busier than normal due to the holidays and extreme weather. Tired and distracted.

I meant for pedophiles.

Not much on the subject.
It is classified as a mental disorder.
And many pedophiles also have other disorders.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/41/10/37.1.full

May I make a very simple point? Mental disorder =/= excuse. As someone who has previously been diagnosed with mental disorders, I know that first hand.

Grandydia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandydia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:46 am

Look, guys can we all just agree we can't blame a guy for a crime he's still haven't commited? And as such, it's okay to be a pedophile as long as you don't commit one? And if you do, the law should fall down on your head like tons of bricks?

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 am

Grandydia wrote:Look, guys can we all just agree we can't blame a guy for a crime he's still haven't commited? And as such, it's okay to be a pedophile as long as you don't commit one? And if you do, the law should fall down on your head like tons of bricks?

as long as you can agree that i dont have to invite someone to my house if i know they have strong urges to have sex with children.
Last edited by Ashmoria on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatever

Bunyippie
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunyippie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Amor Pulchritudo wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Bunyippie wrote:"Well homos and pedos didn't choose to be that way" STFU! As a gay man, let me tell you something, I want to have steamy, hot anal sex with another LEGAL male. I want to fuck a hot twink, pedos want to fuck little kids, BIG ASS DIFFERENCE!

No there isn't.

Although both are - when you look at it purely scientifically - rather pointless when it comes to furthering the human race, there is a "BIG ASS DIFFERENCE" between wanting to fuck an adult of the same sex consensually and wanting to fuck a pre-pubescent child.

actually, science has found that roughly 10% of the majority of animal populations are gay, and here is the explanation. You get a stable home with 2 parents raising a kid that is not their's genetically. You get a child raised without having it compete with the parents own genetic offspring.

Farnhamia wrote:
Okay, I give. Yes, you may ... have sex with your household pets. Just, please, try to keep the noise down.

Velka Morava
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Velka Morava » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Define normal.

Normal sexuality would be attraction to healthy women of reproductive age for men, and attraction to healthy men of reproductive age to women.

According to your definition a 40 yo man being attracted by a 12 yo girl or a 40 yo woman attracted by a 14 yo boy could qualify as normal sexuality.
Try again.
"Preemption is a tool. When you announce that preemption is your national strategy and you tell everyone, it begets preemption." - Lt. Gen. Paul Van Riper

Velka Morava
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Velka Morava » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Central Slavia wrote:Snip...

I suggest you read this:
http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_zlo%C4%8 ... a_trestech
"Preemption is a tool. When you announce that preemption is your national strategy and you tell everyone, it begets preemption." - Lt. Gen. Paul Van Riper

Bunyippie
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunyippie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Velka Morava wrote:

I suggest you read this:

try english, because as it stands, you are just posting jibberish

Farnhamia wrote:

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Amor Pulchritudo wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

No there isn't.

*Sigh* go through and read the thread again because you missed the point the first time.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Grandydia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandydia » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Grandydia wrote:Look, guys can we all just agree we can't blame a guy for a crime he's still haven't commited? And as such, it's okay to be a pedophile as long as you don't commit one? And if you do, the law should fall down on your head like tons of bricks?

as long as you can agree that i dont have to invite someone to my house if i know they have strong urges to have sex with children.

Sure, you don't have to invite black people or asians either, if you don't want to. It's your call.

Blouman Empire wrote:
Amor Pulchritudo wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

No there isn't.

*Sigh* go through and read the thread again because you missed the point the first time.

Dude, I think he's implying that homossexuals have a bigger ass than kids.
Last edited by Grandydia on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Bunyippie wrote:
Velka Morava wrote:

I suggest you read this:

try english, because as it stands, you are just posting jibberish

It is another language, you can change the language to English in 2 seconds.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Rotovia-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:25 pm

It is extremely insulting to draw a parallel between a love based relationship between consenting adults, and sexual relationships with children which we know to result in lifelong psychological trauma.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Does every little boy that gets fucked wind up being fucked up? (besides, of course, fucked up the ass :p )

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:Does every little boy that gets fucked wind up being fucked up? (besides, of course, fucked up the ass :p )

yes.
whatever

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Anyone else have the "Free sex Offender Report" ad?
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Anyone else have the "Free sex Offender Report" ad?

no.

my sister has a sex offender locater ap on her iphone.
whatever

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Ashmoria wrote:yes.

Really? Why didn't Athens crumble in a single generation?

Teh ebil mozlemz
Envoy

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teh ebil mozlemz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:45 pm

They get a bad rap because those DJs are too lazy to think of a good hip-hop song! :p
Moral Compass: (-9.1,-2.444444444)

Currently At War

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General