NATION

PASSWORD

Virginity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:47 pm

ThirdPrizeYoureFired wrote:I think that being a virgin or not is a personal choice and I don't understand the point of either slut-shaming or virgin shaming. And while I do believe that people should choose when they want to engage in what sex act, I find saddlebacking to be absurd. Wanting to save a certain sex act for marriage/the right person or whatever, that's all well and good. Engaging in anal sex to preserve virginity... I don't see the point. It feels more like an unintended side effect of these virginity movements.

As for purity balls, I find those rather creepy.
Well the whole phrase purity balls... taken at face value they're quite hilarious.

But you are indeed right, the entire notion of formal dances dedicated to some outmoded and rather ugly form of virginal purity is just plain creepy. Just smacks of "yes daddy" type overtones, and not the fun consensual kind either.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:54 pm

the only virtue of virginity is that, like homosexuality, abortion, and infertility, it does not contribute to overpopulation.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:
Zottistan wrote:Plus we get to wank all day long. Single life is good.

From Sexuality Today Tenth Edition:
The study concluded that masturbation did not, in fact, decrease with age when the social norms of the culture during the generation's teenage year were considered as the basis for forming particular masturbatory habits. The study also found that masturbation was not particularly related to the presence of a sex partner or to levels of activity with that partner. Masturbation was seen as an independent way to experience sexual pleasure rather than as a compensatory for partner unavailability (Kontula & Haavio-Mannila, 2002).

In other words, you'll be masturbating at about the same frequency when you have a sexual partner. ;p

:shock: There would be no more sperm...
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:There is certainly some troubling issues with those who advocate total abstinence. Namely the "Abstinence Only" sexual education advocates, who are most certainly hurting young women by improperly educating them about proper safe sex.

They're hurting every teen who takes those classes, not just the young women. Not every STD starts with the man.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Zottistan wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:From Sexuality Today Tenth Edition:

In other words, you'll be masturbating at about the same frequency when you have a sexual partner. ;p

:shock: There would be no more sperm...

No accidental pregnancies! Yay! :lol:

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I really don't give a flying shit. If you want to have sex, good for you. If you don't, good for you too. As long as sex is safe, legal, and consensual its fine by me.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
The Merchant Republics wrote:There is certainly some troubling issues with those who advocate total abstinence. Namely the "Abstinence Only" sexual education advocates, who are most certainly hurting young women by improperly educating them about proper safe sex.

They're hurting every teen who takes those classes, not just the young women. Not every STD starts with the man.

Of course. But the OP specified young women.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Oh goodness. God knows the only thing I have of any worth is the piece of skin within the exit tube of my internal babymaking machine.
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Freelanderness wrote:Oh goodness. God knows the only thing I have of any worth is the piece of skin within the exit tube of my internal babymaking machine.

... which, in some women, never existed, and in the majority, deteriorates over time to the point where it doesn't exist at all.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Freelanderness wrote:Oh goodness. God knows the only thing I have of any worth is the piece of skin within the exit tube of my internal babymaking machine.

But of course! You wouldn't buy a box of cereal someone had already opened, would you?

The above was sarcasm, and meant in jest. This disclaimer provided because I've been around NSG to know the quality of some peoples' humour detectors.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:

... which, in some women, never existed, and in the majority, deteriorates over time to the point where it doesn't exist at all.

Stop this blasphemy! Don't you know that one is unfit to be married if they cannot spread the blood stained sheets on the washing line in the morning?
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Tsaraine wrote:

But of course! You wouldn't buy a box of cereal someone had already opened, would you?

The above was sarcasm, and meant in jest. This disclaimer provided because I've been around NSG to know the quality of some peoples' humour detectors.

Eww, imagine how many hands have touched that dirty cereal. That's just common sense, man. That's why I advocate all women be locked up and segregated from the rest of everyone else until they've reached the age of sexual maturity, where they get assigned to a mate based on a random numerical system. Except of course for a small section of women reserved for what I'll call "The Funhouse (but only fun for the males, duh)". We wouldn't want a revolt on our hands after all.

I should add a disclaimer here that I am purposefully using exaggerated and outdated stereotypes for the purpose of demonstrating how ridiculous they are
Last edited by Freelanderness on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meet the TET Pantheon
Alleniana wrote:

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Freelanderness wrote:
Tsaraine wrote:But of course! You wouldn't buy a box of cereal someone had already opened, would you?

Eww, imagine how many hands have touched that dirty cereal. That's just common sense, man. That's why I advocate all women be locked up and segregated from the rest of everyone else until they've reached the age of sexual maturity, where they get assigned to a mate based on a random numerical system. Except of course for a small section of women reserved for what I'll call "The Funhouse (but only fun for the males, duh)". We wouldn't want a revolt on our hands after all.

I should add a disclaimer here that I am purposefully using exaggerated and outdated stereotypes for the purpose of demonstrating how ridiculous they are

Sounds kinky. :p
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Freelanderness wrote:
Tsaraine wrote:But of course! You wouldn't buy a box of cereal someone had already opened, would you?

Your sarcasm is admirable and worth my virginity. :p
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:

Bah, basic gynecological concepts be damned, a hymen is the ONLY proof of virginity! Any woman who doesn't bleed after her first time is clearly not a virgin and should be tossed aside like the one-use item that she is.

...god that hurt to think let alone put down. Seriously, people still believe this sort of shit?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Rocopurr wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:Eww, imagine how many hands have touched that dirty cereal. That's just common sense, man. That's why I advocate all women be locked up and segregated from the rest of everyone else until they've reached the age of sexual maturity, where they get assigned to a mate based on a random numerical system. Except of course for a small section of women reserved for what I'll call "The Funhouse (but only fun for the males, duh)". We wouldn't want a revolt on our hands after all.

HEY! She's my sister! :P
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:

I don't see why that means you can't join.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I don't see why that means you can't join.

My sister isn't into me like that.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I don't see why that means you can't join.

My sister isn't into me like that.

Should have said that in the beginning.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

SanctusEmpire
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SanctusEmpire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm

My virginity is here for the taking however I must reserve the right to vet potential takers :)

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:23 pm

SanctusEmpire wrote:My virginity is here for the taking however I must reserve the right to vet potential takers :)

*takes SanctusEmpire's virginity*
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Xathranaar
Minister

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Xathranaar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
SanctusEmpire wrote:My virginity is here for the taking however I must reserve the right to vet potential takers :)

*and gives it to 1000 Cats*
Last edited by Xathranaar on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My views summarized.
The Gospel According to Queen.
It is possible that some of my posts may not be completely serious.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Which is why your hymen is up to $5000 on E-bay...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 pm

I don't know where the balls this whole "oh yes sexual purity is errrryyyythinnnnnng" comes from, because it hasn't been so in all the necks of the woods I've been stationed in. :eyebrow:

SanctusEmpire
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SanctusEmpire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Threlizdun wrote:

RAPE!

(do it again please)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General