NATION

PASSWORD

Who's your favorite NSG'er?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Knoxcrest wrote:
Corrian wrote:In the first "What are you listening to right now?" thread, I had probably about 300 posts in that thread alone. I don't even know how many I have in the new one. The first one was my highest post count thread. Generation X would probably of been up there if posts from it ever counted....along with the mass amount of Lost RP posts we did (I had about, 5 people (Knoxcrest being one of them), and we did 200 posts in one night combined with all of us, staying up until like 5 freaking AM). I sort of forgot how to check post counts with specific threads, so yeah....I hate my memory sometimes.

The Lost RP?

I remember dis vaguely.

From my mortal days. :p

We had a good time. We had about 5 of us (Terintania, Glugerstut, LadyRebels, you, and me), and we started the thread at about 10 or 11 or something, and freaking posted until about 4 or 5 AM. Suddenly there's 200 posts in that time. We were truly enjoying ourselves because we spent way too much time on that RP. Then Glugerstut got busy with real life, and so did LadyRebels, and it sadly died fast. Oh well. Now Terintania and I, along with our friend, Zepplien, created another Lost RP on the side forum that is completely different from the one we were doing, and is kinda nuts....because none of our people seem to get along well, and they are always hurting each other, and arguing. It's at like, over 1,000 posts just between the 3 of us.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Knoxcrest
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Corrian wrote:
Knoxcrest wrote:The Lost RP?

I remember dis vaguely.

From my mortal days. :p

We had a good time. We had about 5 of us (Terintania, Glugerstut, LadyRebels, you, and me), and we started the thread at about 10 or 11 or something, and freaking posted until about 4 or 5 AM. Suddenly there's 200 posts in that time. We were truly enjoying ourselves because we spent way too much time on that RP. Then Glugerstut got busy with real life, and so did LadyRebels, and it sadly died fast. Oh well. Now Terintania and I, along with our friend, Zepplien, created another Lost RP on the side forum that is completely different from the one we were doing, and is kinda nuts....because none of our people seem to get along well, and they are always hurting each other, and arguing. It's at like, over 1,000 posts just between the 3 of us.

I should've been sent a messenger.

I could've sorted those bastards out. :p

And I would've liked to join. And now I'm sad.
PROCLAIMED THE FARM GOD OF NS
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Didn't play Knox yet, but I know he will beat me.

He is inside the game. He is the game.
-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS
The Most Reliable and by far the Most Insane lifeguard on Carthage Beach!

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Socialdemokraterne wrote:It would seem that:

(a) I'm a villain
(b) I don't have enough stage presence
(c) Both

Meh. My heart's not broken over it. I like Alien Space Bats, Genivara, Mavorpen, Dumb Ideologies, Farnhamia, Revolutopia, Divair, Hippostania (c'mon, he's funny), 1,000 Cats (gone now, sorry to say), Person01234, The Emerald Legion, Canadian Davsland, Conservative Morality, Distruzio, I can just keep going. Many, many interesting people.

Social democrat buddies unite! :hug:

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Mavorpen wrote:I have a few favorites. Condunum because he gave me access to a shit ton of MLP shirts. Genivaria because he's like a slightly older, white version of myself. Nightkill, because he's my most favorite historical mortal enemy. Trotskylvania because half the time I have no clue he's saying. I'm too lazy to think about the others. I also like Divair and Milks.

You're awesome too, Mavorpen!

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm

This is very difficult for me...... NS has such an
Interesting and colorful community , choosing favorites
Is rather hard and I'm not the one who likes to
Choose favorites . Here's my favorites from
Those who I have encountered.

IC/ role player : New Hayesalia

New Hayesalia has been a great ally/comrade and
he makes some pretty awesome wars and such.
Also someone who has indirectly proved my RP skills here
XD

OOC/chatter : Nanatsu no Tsuki

I enjoy her ever present hospitality as
well as her very interesting forum postings.
I would comfortably say that she would be
A very cool person to hang out/ be friends with
In RL :D

These 2 have made my NS experience great .

(OOC: whatever happened to 1000 cats?)

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 pm

The short list would be everyone I don't like. I'm not posting that. Aside from the fact that it changes from one day to the next, depending on how snarky I feel, I don't want hurt feelings following me around.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 pm

A quick glance over the thread... and I see I made two people's lists, Page and Dyakovo. I am quite honestly shocked that I made anybodys, seeing as I normally only post in science, religion, and philosophy threads, my tone being one of sobered acidity...

Though I've started going into literature mostly because I've realize a fondness for talking about different concepts without getting even remotly peeved.

Now to answer the question of the OP...

Well... I have a problem for remembering names, so I'll just say this. I don't really have favorites. The people whom I respect the most are ASB, Mavorpen, and (was/is when he is around) Neo Art particularly for their knack of doing high quality wall-posts with large amounts of supported information, something that I highly value in a forum mostly made up of clever one liners, because I detest the "tl;dr" phenomena.

Otherwise if you are witty, intelligent, and scientific while being imaginative and clever in your writing and comments... consider yourself favorite of mine to read... though if I disagree with your analysis or arguement, I will not hesistant to try (notice the key word of try) to rip it to shreads. ;)
Last edited by Seperates on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

The Black Forrest, Dyakovo, greed and death, Ashmoria, Conserative Morality, Milks Empire, Farnhamia, and though I haven't seen him around much lately, Sibirsky, immediately come to mind at present.

Of course there are many others, those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Seperates wrote:A quick glance over the thread... and I see I made two people's lists, Page and Dyakovo. I am quite honestly shocked that I made anybodys, seeing as I normally only post in science, religion, and philosophy threads, my tone being one of sobered acidity...

Though I've started going into literature mostly because I've realize a fondness for talking about different concepts without getting even remotly peeved.

Now to answer the question of the OP...

Well... I have a problem for remembering names, so I'll just say this. I don't really have favorites. The people whom I respect the most are ASB, Mavorpen, and (was/is when he is around) Neo Art particularly for their knack of doing high quality wall-posts with large amounts of supported information, something that I highly value in a forum mostly made up of clever one liners, because I detest the "tl;dr" phenomena.

Otherwise if you are witty, intelligent, and scientific while being imaginative and clever in your writing and comments... consider yourself favorite of mine to read... though if I disagree with your analysis or arguement, I will not hesistant to try (notice the key word of try) to rip it to shreads. ;)

I was going to add you to mine, but I got sidetracked by a few other threads.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Seperates wrote:A quick glance over the thread... and I see I made two people's lists, Page and Dyakovo. I am quite honestly shocked that I made anybodys, seeing as I normally only post in science, religion, and philosophy threads, my tone being one of sobered acidity...

And right there would be the reason you made it on my list... Well, that and I generally learn something new when I read your posts.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
I was going to add you to mine, but I got sidetracked by a few other threads.

No hard feelings. *thumbs up* If it's an arguement, go kick 'em in the rhetorical balls.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Drekka wrote:This is very difficult for me...... NS has such an

XD

Got DEAT'd for stating "I have sex with cats," or something of the sort. Then he said something else, and [violet] proclaimed him to be deleted on sight.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

And right there would be the reason you made it on my list... Well, that and I generally learn something new when I read your posts.

I'm glad my writing is coming off as intended then. :) Thank you. It means alot.

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Drekka wrote:This is very difficult for me...... NS has such an

XD

Got DEAT'd for stating "I have sex with cats," or something of the sort. Then he said something else, and [violet] proclaimed him to be deleted on sight.

Thanks. thats rather strange though. What exactlly does the acronym "DEAT" mean
anyways?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Drekka wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Got DEAT'd for stating "I have sex with cats," or something of the sort. Then he said something else, and [violet] proclaimed him to be deleted on sight.

anyways?

It's not really an acronym... It just means that the player has been deleted.

A more complete answer to the question as to what happened to 1000 Cats is gone is that promoting illegal activity is against the rules, thus he was deleted (DEAT'd) he came back and continued to do the same thing, eventually resulting in him being DOS'd.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

EnragedMaldivians
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby EnragedMaldivians » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Alien Space Bats, Arch, Nazis in space, Caninope and Lackadaisical2 would have to top my list. Plenty of other NSG'ers who I'm fond of though.
Taking a break.

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Drekka wrote:

anyways?

It's not really an acronym... It just means that the player has been deleted.

A more complete answer to the question as to what happened to 1000 Cats is gone is that promoting illegal activity is against the rules, thus he was deleted (DEAT'd) he came back and continued to do the same thing, eventually resulting in him being DOS'd.

That's very unfortunate. My guess His/her personal
Life may have been troubled, causing the unruly
Behavior here ;;;; how are things with you. Are you
Anyone's favorite *elbow nudge* d: ?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 am

Imsogone wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'm not telling who my favourite NSGer is. They might think it earns them privileges.

But, but ... I like you.

I know :hug:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lackadaisical Hopes
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical Hopes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:44 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Lackadaisical Hopes wrote:Ok so my list in no order... Gidge, Uni, Nana, Lacky, OE, Foster Keys, That guy that has a name like Foster Keys but isn't, Parkus ( if he was still around) Astro, Nemmy, JD isn't bad. Northern Dominus, Dya, CC and Coffee Cakes.

Hmm who am I forgetting?
Aure and Kitty!

I thought that was cheating to put you down as mine. :oops:

It's cheating if you don't Put me down.
The cutiest lil kiwi you ever saw!
No I am not Lackadaisical2
I used to be Chatkasatan.
Hella Old
Bi

Lackadaisical2 wrote: Mm, now I miss Chat, she is a bundle of fun wrapped in sexy.
Grenartia wrote:I swear, if I'm the God of Kinky, then you're the Goddess.
New England and The Maritimes wrote:Joshy was right about Chatty. You can't help but feel naughty when you're caught in her sexy tractor beam. :lol:
Big Jim P wrote:Nana is my mother, Chat is my daughter, and Roan is my very surprised wife.
New Maldorainia wrote:I shall name you Daisy.

Potarius
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Potarius » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:44 am

Lackadaisical Hopes wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:

*points out that you're not my favorite NSer*
Originally Potaria, from January 2005; add 17,601 posts.

The Obi-Wan of sex.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am

Lackadaisical Hopes wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:

*puts you down* :twisted:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lackadaisical Hopes
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical Hopes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Which is where?

In my head. And it will remain unpublished. You're on it too though. :)

Yay! Both of you are on mine! :hug:
The cutiest lil kiwi you ever saw!
No I am not Lackadaisical2
I used to be Chatkasatan.
Hella Old
Bi

Lackadaisical2 wrote: Mm, now I miss Chat, she is a bundle of fun wrapped in sexy.
Grenartia wrote:I swear, if I'm the God of Kinky, then you're the Goddess.
New England and The Maritimes wrote:Joshy was right about Chatty. You can't help but feel naughty when you're caught in her sexy tractor beam. :lol:
Big Jim P wrote:Nana is my mother, Chat is my daughter, and Roan is my very surprised wife.
New Maldorainia wrote:I shall name you Daisy.

Byeloruss
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Byeloruss » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:49 am

As I'm new here I would say me as

BELARUS IS AWESOME
The People's Socialist Federation of Byeloruss

A peasant's and worker's paradise, the People's Socialist Federation of Byeloruss always promotes the best interests of the proletariat, and of the Byelorussians.
By the way, Political Test if flawed

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 am

Old Tyrannia, Sibirsky, USOT, Natopac, Merchant Republics, Prussia-Steinbach, Greater Tezdrian, Seleucas, and Socialdemokraterne.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 am

Distruzio wrote:Old Tyrannia, Sibirsky, USOT, Natopac, Merchant Republics, Prussia-Steinbach, Greater Tezdrian, Seleucas, and Socialdemokraterne.

Aw, did I get struck off for that one time?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General