NATION

PASSWORD

Sheep

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vestr-Norig
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vestr-Norig » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 am

I think it is because, when the leading sheep runs out of a cliff, the rest tend to follow.
-- Centre-left --
Agrarianism, Republicanism, Ruralism, Nationalism, Western Norwegian Separatism, Regionalism, Confederalism, Localism, Christian Democracy, Decentralization, Protectionism, National/Cultural Conservatism, Traditionalism, Euroscepticism

Language: Linguistic purism, Norsk Målreising

Religion: Lutheranism
"Sæle dei som ikkje ser, og endå trur" - Joh 20,29

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 am

Candain wrote:Have you HUGED a SHEEP today?

What is that supposed to mean?
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Candain
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Candain » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 am

Kleomentia wrote:

Hugging Sheep? Why, what do you do with them?

Aethyopea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethyopea » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 am

Kleomentia wrote:

You are huge! That means you have huge sheep! huge and tear your sheep!
POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
Ambrose Bierce: The Devil's Dictionary

•"The Catholic and the Communist are alike in assuming that an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."
George Orwell

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong."
-H.L. Mencken; The Sage of Baltimore

Trotskylvania wrote:Political analogies are like bullshit. It doesn't matter how pretty or elegant you try to make them, it's still a lump of bullshit at the end of the day.

Sheepatropolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheepatropolis » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 am

Nothing wrong with hugging Sheep.

As long as that isn't a euphemism.

A topic about Sheep? About time!
Ex Elected Minister of Security for The South Pacific

Ex General-in-chief of The South Pacific Army

The Ancient Puppet of Lordieth

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Salvarity » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 am

Respect the Sheep

Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 am

Salvarity wrote:Respect the Sheep

The only sheep I respect is The Blaatschapen.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 am

Kleomentia wrote:

"Huged" is obviously a mis-spelling of "hugged". Hugging is where you put your arms around someone and squeeze gently. Or firmly, if that's what they like. Or squirm around and rub yourself against them, if that's what they like. It's supposed to please them, or you really shouldn't do it.

As to "sheep" ... if you don't know what a sheep is you should have done some research before posting in a thread entitled "Sheep".

Now, I have hugged a sheep. With one arm, around her chest, while trying to clip some wool off her. I was pitifully bad at it, but I tried my best and the sheep didn't seem to mind too much. I think she had a lot more experience of shearing than I did.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:55 am

Ailiailia wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:What is that supposed to mean?

"Huged" is obviously a mis-spelling of "hugged". Hugging is where you put your arms around someone and squeeze gently. Or firmly, if that's what they like. Or squirm around and rub yourself against them, if that's what they like. It's supposed to please them, or you really shouldn't do it.

As to "sheep" ... if you don't know what a sheep is you should have done some research before posting in a thread entitled "Sheep".

Now, I have hugged a sheep. With one arm, around her chest, while trying to clip some wool off her. I was pitifully bad at it, but I tried my best and the sheep didn't seem to mind too much. I think she had a lot more experience of shearing than I did.

So are you suggesting we squirm around and rub ourselves against sheep? :blink: :unsure:
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:56 am

I came in here to make a Welsh joke but then decided it would be too easy.

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 am

Candain wrote:

Hugging Sheep? Why, what do you do with them?

Zeno sees what you did there.

Darth Didacticus
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Darth Didacticus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 am

In this thread:

Someone tries to claim that, by dint of living near a farm, he comprehends the social behavior of an animal which has been domesticated for millenia, and because he lives by a farm, he can say that everyone else is wrong.

Oh, and a bunch of really great sheep jokes. Did you hear the one about virgin wool?
"However in all fairness, with inflation, even the cost of buying a vote has shot up these days."

"Grammar nazi? That's weak... I'm a Grammar Sith."

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 am

Respect the Sheep

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:

So are you suggesting we squirm around and rub ourselves against sheep? :blink: :unsure:

The words "squirm around" appear about one-quarter of the way into my post.

You didn't pay much attention after that, did you? :lol:

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Darth Didacticus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darth Didacticus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 am

Ailiailia wrote:

Respect the Sheep

Respect the Sheep

"However in all fairness, with inflation, even the cost of buying a vote has shot up these days."

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 am

Ailiailia wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:So are you suggesting we squirm around and rub ourselves against sheep? :blink: :unsure:

The words "squirm around" appear about one-quarter of the way into my post.

You didn't pay much attention after that, did you? :lol:

No... Was I supposed to? :unsure:
Married to Koshka

Intangelon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 am

Man, herding cats is easier than sheep? Nice try there, but no.
+11,569 posts from Jolt/OMAC
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

Darth Didacticus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darth Didacticus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Ailiailia wrote:

I, too have worked with sheep. One in particular. He broke his leg when he was little, so he ran around in a cast until it was healed. Really cute. Then he pretty much followed us humans around all the time once he grew older. Not quite so cute.

Oh, and then there's this one time where some of my female friends visited the farm... One of them comes screaming through the barn, being chased by Sampson the sheep. It was absolutely hilarious.

Aethyopea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aethyopea » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Darth Didacticus wrote:In this thread:

Someone tries to claim that, by dint of living near a farm, he comprehends the social behavior of an animal which has been domesticated for millenia, and because he lives by a farm, he can say that everyone else is wrong.

Oh, and a bunch of really great sheep jokes. Did you hear the one about virgin wool?

1.) No I don't
2.) Yes they are
POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

•"The Catholic and the Communist are alike in assuming that an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."
George Orwell

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong."

Trotskylvania wrote:Political analogies are like bullshit. It doesn't matter how pretty or elegant you try to make them, it's still a lump of bullshit at the end of the day.

Darth Didacticus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darth Didacticus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Intangelon wrote:Man, herding cats is easier than sheep? Nice try there, but no.

He lives near a farm... Don't argue with his expertise! >:(

Intangelon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:13 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Shear ignorance.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying mutton.

Yeah, long way to walk for that pun, but whaddya want fer nothin', a rrrrrrrubber biscuit?
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

Intangelon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 am

Aethyopea wrote:
Xsyne wrote:Sheep are stupid.

Cows are even stupider. So why doesn't anyone call submissive people cows?

'Cause that one's reserved for stupid, fat women...usually.

Their fan clubs do.

Darth Didacticus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darth Didacticus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 am

Aethyopea wrote:
Darth Didacticus wrote:In this thread:

1.) No I don't
2.) Yes they are

Apparently you haven't observed shepherding in pretty much anywhere but the U.S. Sheep follow a shepherd. In the Middle East especially, the shepherd LEADS the sheep, and the sheep (who are imprinted upon the shepherd, because he was most likely present at their birth and practically lives with the sheep all the time) follow.

If you've seen sheep running from the "shepherds" it's because the owners of the sheep aren't shepherds in the original sense of the word- sheep are very much herd animals, and they follow the example of their alpha animal, whether sheep or human.

Tell me again how everyone else but you is wrong? :)

Aethyopea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aethyopea » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 am

Darth Didacticus wrote:
Intangelon wrote:Man, herding cats is easier than sheep? Nice try there, but no.

He lives near a farm... Don't argue with his expertise! >:(

I don't live next to a farm, damnit! All I said is that I live close to a few places where they keep sheep. I never mentioned farms!
And I think I already made it clear in the OP that I am not a farmer and that I am not an expert sheepiologist (is that even a word?). I'm just saying that I have seen sheep regularly and that I think they're pretty neat animals who get a bad rap.

George Orwell

Intangelon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:And why would cows get bored?

Well, imagine that you're a woman. You have plenty to eat, but your entertainment consists of hanging around with women just like you. Most of them are your biological half-sisters, and some of them are your biological twins. None of you has had any experience that the others haven't. You don't have much to talk about except the weather and the taste of the grass today.

And then the revolution begins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

Yes. Yes it does.

Their fan clubs do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General