NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Liberate Moon (by Horo/Ever-Wandering Souls)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Snow And Ice Caps
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Snow And Ice Caps » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:19 pm

I’m confused as to what the fuck is going on here. Someone explain?
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:21 pm

Snow And Ice Caps wrote:I’m confused as to what the fuck is going on here. Someone explain?

Lenlyvit wrote:There's really not much to discuss? I'm not surprised it's getting to quorum, but it's a resolution written by a raider to showcase their operation and piling power. It won't pass at vote.

This Hammer Bans Natives wrote:I can't wait to ban all of the natives and refound the region
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Castle of Dark Illusions
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Castle of Dark Illusions » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:59 pm

Snow And Ice Caps wrote:I’m confused as to what the fuck is going on here. Someone explain?

Raider-chan is mad that Fenda-senpai hasn't noticed them.
Colonel of the LDF
Defender Moralist

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:32 am

The Castle of Dark Illusions wrote:

Raider-chan is mad that Fenda-senpai hasn't noticed them.

This Hammer Bans Natives wrote:
HumanSanity wrote:it is a sign of raiding's desire to continually prop itself up with propaganda and self-congratulatory low-value victories to keep its hype train going

It's a sign that we're going to ban every native and refound the region

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:05 am

For/support. I am throwing my vote away, but I cannot watch seven natives see their region get destroyed without doing at least one thing.
Last edited by The Universe World on Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:33 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
This Hammer Bans Natives wrote:I can't wait to ban all of the natives and refound the region

Defenders are really so apathetic that they're not even gonna try to stall a refound and ejection of an archaic native, much less actually try to lib, and they'll also give a big thumbs up as the wider-anti-raider-clique shoots down an at-vote lib out of spite, huh? Couldn't even be assed to get the usual defender-written boilerplate SC lib submitted.

What's the excuse this time? Natives not active enough to qualify for defending services? Pile to big for regions with cumulative endos-on-delegate in the multiple thousands to liberate? Eaiser to just agendapost about how raiding is failing despite your own liberation attempts grow more flaccid with each passing week?

How do the aspiring trainees and moralists feel about the total breakdown of defending to the point that leadership is just telling them at a lib won't even be attempted, and an SC lib will actually be blocked, on an innocent little native region?

Every once in a while I come back and read what’s going on. This post brought me completely up to speed in just a few paragraphs. It also made me laugh. God bless and keep up the good work. :kiss:
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:08 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:What’s the excuse this time?

Too busy trying to repeal condemns and back pat themselves with badges. Yet somehow it is raiders that are toxic who are trying to destroy the game.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Tiber and Rione
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 06, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tiber and Rione » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:22 am

The Universe World wrote:For/support. I am throwing my vote away, but I cannot watch seven natives see their region get destroyed without doing at least one thing.

You can't bear to watch it, but the defenders seem like they can
World Assembly Delegate of Lily

Join Lily today!
"Peace through Unity, Unity through Conquest"

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:34 pm

Tiber and Rione wrote:
The Universe World wrote:For/support. I am throwing my vote away, but I cannot watch seven natives see their region get destroyed without doing at least one thing.

You can't bear to watch it, but the defenders seem like they can

I am pro-native first and pro-defender second, even if this means going against my commanders wishes. Unfortunately, mainstream defenderdom now cares more about beating raiders than helping and protecting natives.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:01 pm

The Universe World wrote:
Tiber and Rione wrote:You can't bear to watch it, but the defenders seem like they can

I am pro-native first and pro-defender second, even if this means going against my commanders wishes. Unfortunately, mainstream defenderdom now cares more about beating raiders than helping and protecting natives.

…as they should be. I mean, doesn't this just encourage the natives (if they're even active enough to care) to move to a better region? Plus, this is literally written by a raider. It's an ego-boost if I ever saw it, just a ploy to draw attention to the raider's newest invasion, therefore increasing their reputation. :p
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:46 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:It's an ego-boost if I ever saw it, just a ploy to draw attention to the raider's newest invasion, therefore increasing their reputation. :p

That is virtually the point of every raid, unless it is political or ideological.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Gronsted
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

The Irony

Postby Gronsted » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:28 am

"Welcome to NationStates!

WE offer vast freedoms in our communites (as long as you aren't disagreeing with us)!
If you want to roleplay, exchange issues or just want to chat, feel at home (as long as you obey us)!
WE condemn fascism and racism (but cooperate with turkic ultranationalists and radical islamists)!
WE are democratic (as long as the majority is on our side)!"

Welcome to a game going down in leftist tyranny and insanity.
What you seed you will earn. And that will be a VERY painful fruit of you action, as soon as reality hits you again.
But who am I telling that, you are betraying yourself and your "ideals" on a daily basis.
You condemn us yet cooperate with even worse people than us. The only thing that keeps you afloat is tyranny.
So Rot wie Blut
So Weiß wie Schnee
So Schwarz wie Ebenholz

(made for dark-mode)

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:16 am

The Orwell Society wrote:
The Universe World wrote:I am pro-native first and pro-defender second, even if this means going against my commanders wishes. Unfortunately, mainstream defenderdom now cares more about beating raiders than helping and protecting natives.

…as they should be. I mean, doesn't this just encourage the natives (if they're even active enough to care) to move to a better region? Plus, this is literally written by a raider. It's an ego-boost if I ever saw it, just a ploy to draw attention to the raider's newest invasion, therefore increasing their reputation. :p

Defenderdom caring more about beating raiders is extremely concerning and a clear show of how far defenderdom has fallen. We protect natives. Defending is not about “hurr durr raiders cringe amirite,” it is about saving in content natives’ regions from tyranny under the boot of invading forces.
It may be an ego-boost, but it is needed regardless.
All raids “encourage natives to move to a better region.” If we were to go by that logic than defending should not exist because the moment a region is raided, it is time for the region to throw in the towel.
Last edited by The Universe World on Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dex
Civilian

Founded: Sep 25, 2022
Ex-Nation

Support of Moon

Postby Dex » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:08 pm

The fact that BARK BARK some of you dislike the idea of saving Moon is beyond our BARK BARK comprehension! How!? Moon must be saved from those BAAAAARK mean large regions. I rally support behind me! Let us generate love and BARK BARK kindness.

-Minik, the Great Dex

TheStonedSurfers
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby TheStonedSurfers » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:20 pm

It is not without trepidation that we read this proposal and ponder its merits. The idea that a raider would create such a document to crow about their own victory while full knowing the SC cannot act swiftly enough to defeat them or otherwise assist the natives of Moon is appalling. We steadfastly oppose raiding in all it forms, we believe that all regions should be free from the threat and fear of raiding, and that all natives should be allowed to live in peace in a region of their own design whether it be active or not. Yet we believe this proposal may well be far too late to affect any meaningful resolution of the issue it supports.

I, Noa Ohana, delegate to the World Assembly, on the Advice and Authority of the Great Council of the Surfernate of TheStonedSurfers, and representative of His Awesomeness, Kekoa I, of TheStonesSurfers Great Chief and Emperor do hereby cast Our vote in FAVOR of this bill not withstanding our belief in its utter farcical tone and its lack of ability to affect any real action for the natives of Moon.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:54 pm

TheStonedSurfers wrote:It is not without trepidation that we read this proposal and ponder its merits. The idea that a raider would create such a document to crow about their own victory while full knowing the SC cannot act swiftly enough to defeat them or otherwise assist the natives of Moon is appalling. We steadfastly oppose raiding in all it forms, we believe that all regions should be free from the threat and fear of raiding, and that all natives should be allowed to live in peace in a region of their own design whether it be active or not. Yet we believe this proposal may well be far too late to affect any meaningful resolution of the issue it supports.

I, Noa Ohana, delegate to the World Assembly, on the Advice and Authority of the Great Council of the Surfernate of TheStonedSurfers, and representative of His Awesomeness, Kekoa I, of TheStonesSurfers Great Chief and Emperor do hereby cast Our vote in FAVOR of this bill not withstanding our belief in its utter farcical tone and its lack of ability to affect any real action for the natives of Moon.

Bold mine. This proposal, if passed, would make it so that we could not implement a password on Moon. This would materially harm our ability to refound the region, and the only reason it's failing is because the world has decided that they'd rather let an ancient 2003-era region be destroyed than pass a smug self-Liberation that highlights Moon's occupying forces by name.

I don't care how you vote for it, it's a win-win for raiderdom either way. That's what happens when we insert ourselves into a function that defenderdom typically executes. But don't get it twisted; if this proposal wasn't stomped into the dust by people obsessed with denying raiders any sort of recognition for their contributions to the game, it would have absolutely had a real beneficial effect on the natives of Moon. We would have been content to eject Ignignokt to break the streak and leave the region with a shiny new badge with our names on it.

Your logic for voting for the proposal is sound, and it's a shame that raiderdom's enemies couldn't put their feelings about the author and his farcical tone aside to listen to it.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

TheStonedSurfers
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby TheStonedSurfers » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:05 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:
TheStonedSurfers wrote:It is not without trepidation that we read this proposal and ponder its merits. The idea that a raider would create such a document to crow about their own victory while full knowing the SC cannot act swiftly enough to defeat them or otherwise assist the natives of Moon is appalling. We steadfastly oppose raiding in all it forms, we believe that all regions should be free from the threat and fear of raiding, and that all natives should be allowed to live in peace in a region of their own design whether it be active or not. Yet we believe this proposal may well be far too late to affect any meaningful resolution of the issue it supports.

Bold mine. This proposal, if passed, would make it so that we could not implement a password on Moon. This would materially harm our ability to refound the region, and the only reason it's failing is because the world has decided that they'd rather let an ancient 2003-era region be destroyed than pass a smug self-Liberation that highlights Moon's occupying forces by name.

I don't care how you vote for it, it's a win-win for raiderdom either way. That's what happens when we insert ourselves into a function that defenderdom typically executes. But don't get it twisted; if this proposal wasn't stomped into the dust by people obsessed with denying raiders any sort of recognition for their contributions to the game, it would have absolutely had a real beneficial effect on the natives of Moon. We would have been content to eject Ignignokt to break the streak and leave the region with a shiny new badge with our names on it.

Your logic for voting for the proposal is sound, and it's a shame that raiderdom's enemies couldn't put their feelings about the author and his farcical tone aside to listen to it.

The Greater Good wins out here in my statement. People will argue about whether R/D is vital to this endeavor of NationStates, but it is here and it is a thing which must be dealt with. Those who cannot be liberated for whatever reason must have the knowledge the Security Council can, and will, work to help them. Sadly, as you have mentioned, most of those voting against this motion have ignored 'The Greater Good.'

RPRA Techcorp
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity

Postby RPRA Techcorp » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Gronsted wrote:-snip-

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:01 pm

Gronsted wrote:"Welcome to NationStates!

WE offer vast freedoms in our communites (as long as you aren't disagreeing with us)!
If you want to roleplay, exchange issues or just want to chat, feel at home (as long as you obey us)!
WE condemn fascism and racism (but cooperate with turkic ultranationalists and radical islamists)!
WE are democratic (as long as the majority is on our side)!"

Welcome to a game going down in leftist tyranny and insanity.
What you seed you will earn. And that will be a VERY painful fruit of you action, as soon as reality hits you again.
But who am I telling that, you are betraying yourself and your "ideals" on a daily basis.
You condemn us yet cooperate with even worse people than us. The only thing that keeps you afloat is tyranny.

RPRA Techcorp wrote:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Back on topic, please. Which is the liberation of Moon, not the political leanings of the site nor fast food.

Magecastle Embassy Building A5
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby Magecastle Embassy Building A5 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:32 pm

"Liberate Moon" was defeated 12,982 votes to 3,487.
WA authorship.
Wallenburg wrote:If you get a Nobel Prize for the time machine because you wanted to win an argument on the Internet, try to remember the little people who started you on that way.
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Our research and user feedback found different use cases of bullets, such as hunting, national defense, and murder. Typically, most bullets fired do not kill people. However, sometimes they do. We found that nearly 100% of users were not impacted by shooting one random user every 30 days, reducing the likelihood of a negative impact on the average user.
Comfed wrote:When I look around me at the state of real life politics, with culture war arguments over abortion and LGBT rights, and then I look at the WA and see the same debates about cannibalism, I have hope for the world.

This Hammer Bans Natives
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby This Hammer Bans Natives » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:58 pm

We will soon ban every single native and refound the region
Proud Griefer

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:29 pm

RPRA Techcorp wrote:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

What the hell did Moon do to piss off nazis?

Reventus Koth wrote:I don't care how you vote for it, it's a win-win for raiderdom either way. That's what happens when we insert ourselves into a function that defenderdom typically executes. But don't get it twisted; if this proposal wasn't stomped into the dust by people obsessed with denying raiders any sort of recognition for their contributions to the game, it would have absolutely had a real beneficial effect on the natives of Moon. We would have been content to eject Ignignokt to break the streak and leave the region with a shiny new badge with our names on it.

Taking bets on how long it is going to be until a member of Libcord decides to submit a liberation of the region, which will of course pass by a resounding margin.....
Last edited by WayNeacTia on Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wait

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:49 pm

Wayneactia wrote:Taking bets on how long it is going to be until a member of Libcord decides to submit a liberation of the region, which will of course pass by a resounding margin.....

Actually, thanks to them prioritizing going after my Condemnation, the repeal of which goes to vote at major - they won't have time to now. Quite literally prioritizing meaningless badges over preventing the refound of Moon. Hah.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Taking bets on how long it is going to be until a member of Libcord decides to submit a liberation of the region, which will of course pass by a resounding margin.....

Actually, thanks to them prioritizing going after my Condemnation, the repeal of which goes to vote at major - they won't have time to now. Quite literally prioritizing meaningless badges over preventing the refound of Moon. Hah.

This new wave of defenders are an interesting bunch. At least real defenders were predictable.

wait

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:54 am

Magecastle Embassy Building A5 wrote:
"Liberate Moon" was defeated 12,982 votes to 3,487.

Epilogue: All natives were banned and the Moon has been refounded by raiders. Thank you to the Security Council for not Liberating the region, therefore enabling this.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives