I guess it's about time for one of these again: the International Basketball Championships are back! This time I'll shift the format to something that looks more like the real world championships, with a home-and-away group stage followed by a group stage for qualifiers and capped off with a bracket. As with previous editions (for instance, IBC II), RP will count for everything, with additional allowances for home teams and bracketology.

Team ratings, now calculated with something more like what we do for the World Cup, are posted here for seeding/draw purposes only. They don't factor into my scorinator at all, although that's on the list of things to do.

1 Newmanistan    : 4.84
2 Arroza : 4.17
3 Myedvedeya : 4.00
4 Lovisa : 4.00
5 Magnus Valerius: 3.75
6 Secristan : 3.67
7 Cafundeu : 3.36
8 Taeshan : 3.17
9 Jeruselem : 2.25
10 Kenavt : 1.76
11 Dancougar : 1.76
12 Kose/Turkomans : 1.52
13 Frontenax : 1.38
14 Corivia : 1.09
15 Xaristan : 1.04
16 Miroxia : 1.00
17 Rennidan : 1.00
18 Swilatia : 1.00
19 Kura-Pelland : 0.47
20 Gerainia : 0.32

Signups are now open and will run through Wednesday, January 7. New teams will be assigned an initial ranking based on their signup order. More details will be posted at tournament time, although you can probably expect it'll go the same as the other two.

This thread can be used for everything. A link has been posted to the tournament frontpage; from there you'll be able to navigate to rosters, results, etc.

SIGNUPS: 16 (Updated through Lurikastan):
1 Newmanistan
2 Arroza
3 Myedvedeya
4 Lovisa
6 Secristan
7 Cafundeu
8 Taeshan
11 Dancougar
21 Oiseaui
22 Midlauthia
23 Sarzonia
24 Tocrowkia
25 Colbourne
26 Draistania
27 Greal
28 Lurikastan

Tournament Frontpage!

The Democratic Republic of Oiseaui will send a team.

The Knights be bach

Yes11oneone!

We will defend our title.

Who is going to be hosting, or will there be hosting bids at a later point?

Lovisa sign in

Sarzonia wishes to play some round ball.

We'll sign up, for lulz.

The nation on the top of that ranking list signs up.

Back to defend our title of "Team most likely to posterize your defense, but still lose".

Who is going to be hosting, or will there be hosting bids at a later point?

I'll be taking care of the hostinating unless someone else really wants to do it, in which case feel free to create a hat and throw your name inside of it.

I'll be taking care of the hostinating unless someone else really wants to do it, in which case feel free to create a hat and throw your name inside of it.

No thanks, I was here for the first conversation about how to scorinate it. I'm still shivering.

colbourne is in

Draistania will participate in this.

Cafundéu wishes to sign-up.

The winners of the first and biggest disappointment of the second sign up.

Bump to get back to the front page.

Still got lots of time to jump in, and 14 off the bat is awesome.

Hoo boy, two straight bumps don't look good for the home team, eh? Nevertheless, here we are at 14 and back on the front page. Signups remain open till Wednesday.

sign Greal up then.