NATION

PASSWORD

Regional password didn't change?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Regional password didn't change?

Postby Maltropia » Sat May 30, 2015 7:26 am

The other day I let a new nation into my region (Paradoxia), 95% certain he was a raider puppet. Naturally I went to switch the password and hide it from members. Today, we got raided, which shouldn't really have been possible if I'd changed the password. Is there any way to see if it actually happened? I'm absolutely certain I committed the changes properly but I don't see how this could've happened unless something went wrong.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Pina Coladas
Secretary

Founded: Mar 15, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pina Coladas » Sat May 30, 2015 7:36 am

Maltropia wrote:The other day I let a new nation into my region (Paradoxia), 95% certain he was a raider puppet. Naturally I went to switch the password and hide it from members. Today, we got raided, which shouldn't really have been possible if I'd changed the password. Is there any way to see if it actually happened? I'm absolutely certain I committed the changes properly but I don't see how this could've happened unless something went wrong.

From what I can publicly see (active feed and regional happenings) there's no record of you changing the PW. I wasn't in on this op, but generally people just look there to see if it has changed since their nation learned it - since it, like opening an embassy or editing the WFE, shows up in those places. I know personally, I've had to try two or three times sometimes to get it to work (might just be browser/connectivity issues on my end), but that's why I tend to double check it with a puppet before I sign off. The other option could be that you lacked influence, but you appear to have more than enough, so....wouldn't be my first guess. More than this, you'll need someone official, but I hope I helped ;P

- Ever-Wandering Souls

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat May 30, 2015 7:37 am

I haven't changed it in a while since it's been quiet, so I kind of assumed something had been done so that it would be hidden. It really doesn't help that even the executive WAD can't see the password to tell if it's changed. :meh:
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat May 30, 2015 7:48 am

Maltropia wrote:I haven't changed it in a while since it's been quiet, so I kind of assumed something had been done so that it would be hidden. It really doesn't help that even the executive WAD can't see the password to tell if it's changed. :meh:

It would be nice if it showed in Controls, or as a hover-over on the main page. But yes, when changed to secret or revealed it's listed in recent happenings.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Return to Technical