NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Emotion vs Reason threadjack spillover overlooked

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

[R] Emotion vs Reason threadjack spillover overlooked

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks again to DLN who have cleared the peace after the multiple incursions by Informationland.

However, are these equally actionable as they both played a part in the threadjack, as well as the anti-(insert country) hate rhetoric (that I presumably believe partially got Informationland DEATed)?

Manisdog wrote:
Informationland wrote:
You have misspelt "mendaciloquent". Stop embarassing yourself!

He speaks spainish, just be happy that he is speaking your language, which nobody likes to speak

Manisdog wrote:
Informationland wrote:
1. Argentina is not part of the West.
2. Yes, you do. You're anti-American and anti-British. These nations are the pillars of Western civilization.
3. Your country being poor and bankrupt is your problem (thank God!).
4. Argentina still has entered default due to being poor, corrupt and economically mismanaged.

1) Argentina is the west
2) Britain is not a pillar of civilization, It could be argued otherwise
3) Britain is rich from pillaging other countries and now has run out of money
4) Britain shall fall too, you wait and watch
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Planita
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:56 am

Elke and Elba wrote:Thanks again to DLN who have cleared the peace after the multiple incursions by Informationland.

However, are these equally actionable as they both played a part in the threadjack, as well as the anti-(insert country) hate rhetoric (that I presumably believe partially got Informationland DEATed)?

Manisdog wrote:
He speaks spainish, just be happy that he is speaking your language, which nobody likes to speak

Manisdog wrote:
1) Argentina is the west

no they guy's nation but deleted and banned for 2 weeks

Also didn't they get take care of this already?

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 am

Planita wrote:
Elke and Elba wrote:Thanks again to DLN who have cleared the peace after the multiple incursions by Informationland.

no they guy's nation but deleted and banned for 2 weeks

Also didn't they get take care of this already?

Informationland, indeed, has been DEATed and banned for 2 weeks, as per previous reports.

However, this deals with what other members of the site have said during the threadjack - which have been largely ignored during the other reports, and of which I am asking moderation as to whether they have broken rules too.

Hope this clears the misunderstanding.
Last edited by Elke and Elba on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Manisdog
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:17 am

Manisdog wrote:

Manisdog wrote:
1) Argentina is the west

I am not the other half of the threadjack

No I did not start the thread jack, the thread was jacked way before that, I soon realized this guy was trolling and I ejected, I carefully made my posts in such a way that they could not be termed as flaming in the best way I could after I ejected I did not comment any further, I never said anything objectionable, I ever expressed my frustration of the impossibility to debate this man, as it was very difficult without flaming anyone, so I stopped, I would like to share with you the post where I ejected .

Manisdog wrote:
Geneserath wrote:Unrelated (which I don't feel too guilty about, as this thread was derailed about a page and a half ago), but Manisdog, can you direct me to a thread where you discussed a topic that wasn't how terrible the British are?
I'm actually amusedly curious whether one exists, and I can't find one through browsing your recent post history.

Nope, it is your side of the argument, informationland who is spouting nonsense, I am just thinking this is enough, now i am leaving him and you to your ways . If you people think that you civilized India and other colonies, I think such views are terrible, I did not jack this thread but your side of the argument did. I don't think that the British are terrible, just I don't like when you guys claim you civilized the world because you did not

These comments were made on the 4th page, followed by some other comments

New Werpland wrote:
Informationland wrote:
Your country is bankrupt and you hate the West because of that. Your views are influenced solely by emotion.

your comment wasn't emotional at all! :roll:

There was a warning for this, which I regretably did not see

Than the poster started to bait the argentinian fellow and I felt obliged to butt in, as I had thought of it as too much, I did not start the thread jack was not the other half of it, if anything many members replied to his comments and I was one of them
Last edited by Manisdog on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:49 am

I don't see anything reported here that needs dealing with honestly.

Let's go back to our regularly scheduled programming, shall we?

Return to Moderation