NATION

PASSWORD

<report> Trolling - post what you believe thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

<report> Trolling - post what you believe thread

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:03 am

Anglo-California wrote:For the most part. I don't really post my true religious views here that much, however. I mean, I guess I'm an atheist, because I don't believe in any deity whatsoever, but the self-proclaimed atheist community is full of so many douchebags that I actually align more with religious people.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Neu-Pommern
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu-Pommern » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:09 am

As an agnostic atheist in the same situation as AngloCali, I can say this is no different than a Muslim saying he doesn't want to associate with extremist Muslims.
Social Attitude Test Result
In-Game information non-canon unless otherwise stated. No warranties express or implied. No purchase neccesary. Side effects may includes upset stomach, nausea, and rarely may lead to internal bleeding or death. See store for details.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:08 pm

viewtopic.php?p=22148409#p22148409

Neu-Pommern wrote:As an agnostic atheist in the same situation as AngloCali, I can say this is no different than a Muslim saying he doesn't want to associate with extremist Muslims.

That doesn't matter. Your views and opinions are not needed in Moderation.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Anglo-California
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Are you serious? :palm:

How is this even trolling?
American nationalist. Secular Traditionalist.
On the American Revolution.

3rd Place for Sexiest Male under 18.
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Anglo-California wrote:Are you serious? :palm:

"atheist community is full of so many douchebags" How is it not?
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Anglo-California
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:18 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Anglo-California wrote:Are you serious? :palm:

"atheist community is full of so many douchebags" How is it not?

*Self-proclaimed atheist community. Big difference, as they are the type who generally, like many religious people they claim to oppose, flaunt atheism in everyone's face. Is that not douchey? Would it be flaming to say that outspoken religious communities are douchey? "Douchey" might be too far, but it is certainly annoying.

And what is also annoying is that Dyakovo seems to reporting me for a lot of nonsense. He wasn't even in that discussion. It's almost as if he goes out of his way to look for reasons to report me. This isn't the first time it's happened.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Anglo-California wrote:
NERVUN wrote:"atheist community is full of so many douchebags" How is it not?

*Self-proclaimed atheist community. Big difference, as they are the type who generally, like many religious people they claim to oppose, flaunt atheism in everyone's face. Is that not douchey? Would it be flaming to say that outspoken religious communities are douchey? "Douchey" might be too far, but it is certainly annoying.

If you had said their actions are douchey, I wouldn't have blinked. If you said their actions are annoying, not a problem, but calling a group, or members of one, douchebags however...

And yes, that goes for calling religious groups as well. Actions are fine, not the people.

Anglo-California
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:42 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Anglo-California wrote:

If you had said their actions are douchey, I wouldn't have blinked. If you said their actions are annoying, not a problem, but calling a group, or members of one, douchebags however...

And yes, that goes for calling religious groups as well. Actions are fine, not the people.

Well then, my mistake.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation