NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers 2: The Three Is A Lie

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

How Do You Game?

Console (please specify)
12%
PC
57%
Arcade
0%
Anything and Everything
24%
Other
1%
David Hasselhoff
6%

Total votes : 607

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Thread for Gamers 2: The Three Is A Lie

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:11 am

One plus one equals two. One plus two equals two. Two plus two equals two. There is nothing higher than two here, violators will be shot.

Minoriteeburg wrote:I know I started a Classic Game Thread, but I wanted this one to be about all games old and new. All systems whether its a PC and Apple LLIC 2, PS3, DS, Commodore 64, Xbox 360, TG-16, whatever.

Arcade games are always welcome. Hell even Pinball is welcome.

What systems do you own/play? How many systems have you ever owned? Are you a console gamer or a PC gamer? What games are you playing right now? Do you have any to recommmend.

Any and all things about gaming talk about it here (in a non-flaming, non-trolling manner of course)

Discuss.

Original thread here, second one made by The Corparation here.

The people have spoken and it looks like I'm the OP for this installment of the Thread for Gamers. How did this happen? I didn't even want the job. Well, whatever, five hundred pages and I can shove it off on someone else and go retire to some beach down south and I'm rambling now aren't I?

So, NSG, once again the question is asked: how do you game? Console, PC, phone, arcade? Pinball? Pencil and paper? Board? We don't judge here, except for the utterly ridiculous amount of judging everybody does all the time. Don't lie, we all know it's true.

Anyways, I personally like PC gaming, although due to technical limitations and lack of a budget to upgrade I've mostly been stuck playing GTA V on my PS3. Also have a Wii but I haven't used it in Jesus Christ I don't even remember how long.

And with that, welcome to the latest incarnation of the Thread For Gamers! Have fun, try not to get banned, and remember that two plus two equals two!
Last edited by Wisconsin9 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 am

I disregard your numerical beliefs.

Last edited by Licana on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 am

Subtitle should have been episode 2
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 am

The Corparation wrote:Subtitle should have been episode 2

Maybe. Still might change it.
~~~~~~~~

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:29 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Subtitle should have been episode 2

Maybe. Still might change it.

Do it. The people demand it.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:30 am

Luveria wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Maybe. Still might change it.

Do it. The people demand it.

The people also gave me authority to make the final decision. :p

*shrugs* I'll think it over, see what the others think.
~~~~~~~~

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:32 am

I vote that the title should be Thread for Gamers 3: Please Pay $4.99 To Continue.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Dremaur
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dremaur » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:33 am

Well, First page. hurray for me. So im taking it that the title is a refrence to minecraft?
The East Pacific
~~All opinions are my own unless otherwise specified~~

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:35 am

Czechanada wrote:I vote that the title should be Thread for Gamers 3: Please Pay $4.99 To Continue.

Whoa, who do you think we are, EA?

Dremaur wrote:Well, First page. hurray for me. So im taking it that the title is a refrence to minecraft?

Portal. And Valve's mysterious aversion to the number three.
Last edited by Wisconsin9 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~

Dremaur
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dremaur » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Czechanada wrote:I vote that the title should be Thread for Gamers 3: Please Pay $4.99 To Continue.

Whoa, who do you think we are, EA?

:palm: again with the EA hate
The East Pacific
~~All opinions are my own unless otherwise specified~~

Verdum
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdum » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

*Helghast forces march in, three banners held high*
"THREE HEIL! THREE HEIL!"

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

I play anything and everything!

I also haven't really played video games much lately...Except lots of short things.

Great start to this thread on my part.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am

Dremaur wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Whoa, who do you think we are, EA?

:palm: again with the EA hate

Let us know when you find a corporation that ruined a few of your favourite video game franchises.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am

Needs more Hats
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Also, to fully christen this thread, I present the three pillars of the RTS. Air power, tanks, and useless infantry dying en masse.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:21 pm

HL2.999999999999 confirmed

Licana wrote:Also, to fully christen this thread, I present the three pillars of the RTS. Air power, tanks, and useless infantry dying en masse.

But what about the navy? /uefmasterrace
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Meritocratic States wrote:I am thinking of forming a clan on Titanfall when it comes out.

A clan for us denizens of the Thread for Gamers.

I shall name it: NSTC or NationStates Titan Corps.

Hopefully Respawn will allow clans...

Sounds good, but I haven't got Titanfall. I like the mobility of the pilots, reminds me of the mobility in TF2, which I'm a comp player in. I'll be in if I get it (I probably will). If you want, you can use my TF2 team's Mumble once it gets going.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Thurask wrote:
Licana wrote:Also, to fully christen this thread, I present the three pillars of the RTS. Air power, tanks, and useless infantry dying en masse.

But what about the navy? /uefmasterrace

navy doesnt even rts bc noone likes it
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Starkiller101
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkiller101 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:14 pm

New one well my Batman game pretty much fucked up yesterday damn you Xbox360.
Roll tide. Your local ''Floridman'' who should have left long ago xD

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/titanfall-maps-monsters-and-story-details-to-blow-your-mind

Looks like Titanfall may very well have creatures for you to blast away at in-game.

Awesome.

Looks like I might actually enjoy this game.

Also, the one on the right is ripped straight out of the movie The Mist. :p
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/titanfall-maps-monsters-and-story-details-to-blow-your-mind

Looks like Titanfall may very well have creatures for you to blast away at in-game.

Awesome.

Looks like I might actually enjoy this game.

Is it? Cool.
~~~~~~~~

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Looks like I might actually enjoy this game.

Is it? Cool.

Nah, not really. But it is very reminiscent of it.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:00 pm

I started the download of The Dark Mod.

Hopefully it will be better than what the new Thief looks to be shaping up.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Starkiller101 wrote:New one well my Batman game pretty much fucked up yesterday damn you Xbox360.

Arkham Origins or City?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Czechanada wrote:I started the download of The Dark Mod.

Hopefully it will be better than what the new Thief looks to be shaping up.

what is the dark mod
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction